my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Cry of the Sith (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Cry of the Sith
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-26-2002 04:09 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis turned as the doors opened, upon hearing that this new woman was Graysith he instantly bowed, and then kneeled.

"I am Recinis Q'utaro" he started then he stood slowly and continued, "It is my mission to protect and serve you, to assist in your achieving whatever goals you might, have..." suddenly realizing that he was not sure how to explain he paused, looking around to view the expectant faices of everone in the room, eyeing him carefully, he then sighed and said "it is a long story, perhaps we should all sit?"

he then eyed the glyph on graysiths head and a confused look crossed his face for a breif moment, then it quickily became hidden in a mask of seriousness.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.22
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-26-2002 05:04 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith cut her eyes briefly to her Adept, a brow raised with silent yet bountiful meaning. Then she returned to the polite Recinis... whon she didn't trust in the least little bit.

Slowly she raised the Claw-bearing hand toward him, pinpointed its rapier tip upon his heart.

"You will speak now, and with the respect due to those in my entourage," she said succinctly, her eyes narrowing in anger at the audacity of this one who dared make himself so comfortable within these very walls....

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.106.37
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-26-2002 05:14 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis bowed again, and fell once again into the kneeling position.

"of course..."
How do i explain this?

"Long ago, i am not sure how long it has been, A powerful sorcerer of the sith chose me, to undertake a special quest." a sigh escaped his lips as he paused to think of an approuch.

"This sorcerer told me only that i was to be put into a sleep for an eternity of ages. and then, i was to awaken, and provid assistance, and protection for you in your own quest, whatever it might be, i was simply told that the fate of the sith could very well reside in your hands..."

"im sorry to say, but im not sure how to explain this...thats really all i know.." he trailed of them, having a strange feeling that he had failed before his mission had even truly started.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.22
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-26-2002 05:35 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's look glaciated, and the Glyph flared impossibly brighter.

Where did this one come from? Clearly he was Sith... or at least appeared to be. But the question of primary importance was not who he was, but rather who had sent him.

How could another sorcerer know of her birth... more than 4,000 years in his own future? She knew Aelvedaar had finally succeeded in commanding the All only just as the Dark Jedi were finalizing their own brand of brutality upon his race; how could another sorcerer, one NOT able to command the flow of time as only the All allows, discover her importance to them and their destiny?

What sorcerer was able to see that far into the future? Aelvedaar had not mentioned any others concurrent with him; however this did not necessarily mean that the one who sent this Sith was of another age. Her Sire had already shown his ability to keep certain truths to himself; thus it was quite possible the mysterious sorcerer was ineed one of his contemporaries.

Or perhaps, had somehow followed after him in time....

Her eyes narrowed further as she pondered the paradox, knowing only One held the answer to this question. Then--

"From what world do you hail?" she asked in an abrupt non sequiteur, cocking her head now a bit to one side as she waited to hear his response. A low growl broke the thick silence and M'wonBo'o reached out a massive paw, stretching his ten-inch claws out toward Recinis as though he just couldn't stand the anticipation of waiting any longer.

[ 06-26-2002 05:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.106.37
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-27-2002 12:08 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis thought for a moment, not sure of the reasoning behind the question, but he answered non the less...

"i have resided on Khar delba for my intire life...i must say mainly because, spacetravel in my time, was...rare to say the least..."

Why am i here? do i really know? apparantly the sorcerer didnt tell me enough, she wont believe me...

[ 06-27-2002 10:16 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.16
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-27-2002 03:31 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lifetimes expanded to fill the heavy silence which followed the words of the Sith, who knelt with such humble demeanor before Graysith. Then--

"Imposter!"

The word fell from Graysith's lips like an executioner's blade, cutting into the growing sense of trepidation she could clearly sense emanating from this stranger who had come from seeming nowhere. Without allowing him anytime to gather his startled wits or retaliate in any manner, she sent a bit of the All ravening out from the Claw. The very atmosphere seemed to somehow draw in upon itself as awesome power sung out, grasped the very molecules of the air about Recinis, and began to tighten them about him with the inexorable grip of a hungry rancor who has just captured a choice bit of prey.

Her lip curled into a sneer and her eyes blackened as Recinis tried to breathe, then fell abruptly on his side. He gasped, his head straining from side to side, his eyes beginning to widen and bug out as he strove to exhale fully so as to take in a great inhalation. Each time he did, however, the invisible bonds tightened about him until he could scarcely expand his ribcage at all.

"And now, my friend," Graysith spoke up just when it seemed Recinis was about to set foot on a short road to death. "Perhaps you would be so kind as to explain once more who you are, how you found us here... and who sent you to Khar Delba."

She waited, her hand still extended, ready to deliver the final blow.

[ 06-27-2002 03:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.44
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-27-2002 11:04 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis sat, struggling against the bonds that held him... "w-wha-t??! what power is thi-s?!" he stamered, so confused he could not even begin to think of an answer to graysiths question... As it grew harder and harder to breath he suddenly feel into the training he had recieved, his body began to calm, his muscles to slowly relax... he sat the bonds still growing tighter and tighter, though now, at a slower pace, thinking in confusion...

What power does she command? i can not fight this... i must simply give in...

His mind finaly coming to a calm, his inner instincts taking over his disorentation of being awakened suddenly, his voice came out smooth, and clear, much to the surprise of those that watched.

"I know only what i have told you... If this is not the truth, then i have somehow been made to believe it is so. If you wish not to except what i have told you, then please, release me, and i shall leave... but i will never be gone, i have been givin orders, and i shall follow them, with, or without your blessing..." thinking for a moment "if you should chose to not believe me, take my weapons, they were created to be put to your survice, orriginaly by me, but im sure you can find some use for them..."

[ 06-27-2002 11:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.123
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-28-2002 10:20 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith stayed her hand, considering the words the Sith was revealing to her. It was not the words themselves which made her pause, but rather the clear tone of voice in which they were spoken. While delivered under a bit of strain, quite understandable in the circumstances, the fact that they were delivered clearly and quietly, without so much as a hint of desperation, yet managing to remain courteous despite the fact that death was imminent was enough to persuade Graysith to halt her attack.

Her violet gaze cut to the silent Lord Narcolm, assessing his noninterference or lack of suggestion. They moved over the other humans to where Shayla stood. Her Adept, too, remained quiet but crooked a brow in what could be discerned as amusement.

Graysith returned her full attention to Recinis. Slowly now, she moved toward him, her hand turning over palm up as she came closer to him. He didn't move an inch as she knelt beside him, though the invisible bonds about him lessened just a fraction. Though the truth behind his apparent docility could not yet be truly revealed, it still spoke in his favor. He remained absolutely quiet as Graysith's hand came up to him and settled like a bird upon his brow.

As did Wicked so long ago, and as she in turn had once executed with Shayla, tendrils of Graysith's very mind now slipped like velvet into the chambers of Recinis' mind. The touch was gentle, exploratory... and quite overwhelming. She probed more deeply into the hidden recesses of Recinis' mind, ruthlessly examining and discarding one imprinted memory after another, until she came upon a stalwart little door in the very heart of his subconscious thought. It burst open at her touch.

Graysith's eyes flew open at what lay revealed within. In one smooth motion, she pulled out of Recinis' mind, rose to her feet and stepped back a pace or two. For a long moment she stared deeply into Recinis eyes. At length she spoke.

"He is with us," she said succinctly.

Then she looked about the imperious decor of the Great Receiving Room. A frown slowly creased her brow.

"This place is too officious for the parlay of allies, my friends," she said at length, a wave of her hand both indicating the room and encompassing all who yet stood therein. "Let us go to a more comfortable chamber to refresh ourselves and to discuss our next move."

Indicating that her Adept should now take her customary place beside her, Graysith turned and led the group away from the throne and back to the double doors. In moments all had departed, to find themselves invited into the Dining Hall, where a richly glowing set of greel-wood tables awaited them. One heavily laden with food and drink to satiate the heartiest and most jaded of appetites. The other clearly to serve as a place where they might all confer together.

Graysith led the way to the bounty, sparingly filled a plate, and seated herself at the conference table. There she quietly began to eat, waiting for the others to follow in her stead.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.101.178
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-28-2002 11:59 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis entered the new room, following quietly behind the graysith, her adept, and one other man, dressed in warriors attir. Breathing deeply, the invisable bonds now realized, a thought back to what had happened.

She entered my mind, i could feel it, but how? hmm...i truly must discovere what this strange power is, it is certainly not the force, i thought at first that it was, but it can not me...i know this now...

Entering the room graysith had led them to he followed her example and sat down at the table, looking at the food in place he suddenly realized that he was extremly hungry, perhaps his body had not been as well preserved as he had though, he started to eat, but suddenly though better of it, deciding to ask a question first.

as politly as he could muster he asked, his memory still set on the strange accurence in the other room. "What exactly was it that you-" he stoped momentarily, as he tried to word his question. "-did to me back there?"

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.138
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 06-28-2002 04:00 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin settled on a small plate of food a nice light wine to go along with it. But he wasn't very hungry. He was spooked by everything that was going on; this was going to take some getting used to.

And besides, he was worried about Galen. He was worried about Dark Lord Roan getting a hold of her--or the baby for that matter. After all, he'd stolen Graysith's baby from under her nose. And he was worried about whatever it was that Graysith and Shayla seemed to know that he didn't.

What was Phrinn'chatka?

He could only hope that someone would get down to explaining this. And that they'd take some action soon. This sitting around and waiting was beginning to eat at him.

Taking a sip of his wine, Terrin arched an eyebrow as the newest stranger interjected his unusual question into the silence that loomed like a shadow over the Dining Hall. Then he sat the glass down and leaned back, simply waiting to see what would happen and hoping that they would soon get to the business that was, at least in his opinion, becoming more urgent as every second passed.

[ 06-28-2002 04:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.47
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-28-2002 04:41 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith gave her Sister a somehow... amused look. Then her eyes hooded, and she turned back to Recinis.

"It is nothing you should concern yourself with at the moment," she said smoothly, now taking a slice of meat up in her fork and beginning to nibble delicately upon it. She remained absolutely silent as she ate the meat, taking tiny bites and chewing thoroughly before swallowing and taking another.

Clearly it was to remind all those present of their places... at least those who might have need of this reminder.

At length she put down her fork, licking her lips before turning her attention to Recinis once more. She studied him at length, then turned her violet eyes to Lord Narcolm and perused him as well.

The silence became deafening. Then she spoke to the room at large.

"While all of you have agreed, in one manner or another, to be of assistance to us in our endeavors, there are those currently present who have yet to prove their worth to me."

Now her eyes roved from face to face, stopping on each to direct that look even more pointedly, making it somehow... personal. It seemed as though her gaze fixated the longest upon Terrin Danner, who shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Then she let it move onward , letting the intensity lessen until the look was merely inreadable, and she directed her attention to all who were present once again.

"Mr. Danner remains distrustful, in spite of the Oath we have exchanged," she said softly, picking up her fork and stabbing into another slice of meat. She raised the rare and juice-dripping slice before her eyes, pondered it thoughtfully. "And thus, in turn, perhaps I need prove our worth to him."

The fork hung menacingly in mid-air, and she turned back to Recinis and Narcolm.

"You shall in response to one directive both prove your worth to me, and prove our worth to Mr. Danner. "

With these words, she nodded smoothly toward Terrin, then continued. "I sense within him a great concern for his...wife.

"You shall go forth from this place and seek her, and when you find her shall return her unharmed to this Temple. But--"

She paused once more, her lip curling as though in some secret amusement. "There are those of great strength who also seek this female; this I have been aware of for some time. Take the greatest of precautions, use your Force but with extreme care, and fulfill this mandate I hand over to you. I will provide you with a ship, or with one apiece if you desire such, and will lead you safely back into the realtime of the universe from which we have slipped. When your charge has been completed, I shall return you here.

"Speak now, if there is anything you would request. Otherwise you shall depart immediately."

[ 06-28-2002 04:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.193
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-28-2002 05:06 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After graysith had finished speaking to him, and the other warrior at the table, whom he had paid little attention to before, Recinis took a few bites of the food provided, after finishing that, he looked to Graysith,

"If that is what you need, then so be it..." he said "it would probably be wisest if we traveled together" he said indicated the other, "i am not a pilot, as might be realized...Ah, what is this ones name?" he finaly gave intot he question that was nagging at his inner thoughts, and pointed to the man (Narcolm).

"and i also would like to know, where is it we should look for this others wife?" he said indicating Terrin.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.176
Narcolm

Member # 222

posted 06-28-2002 11:19 PM     Profile for Narcolm   Author's Homepage   Email Narcolm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Now that," chuckled Narcolm, "Is a question I can answer. I would put her on the way to coruscant or already there." he paused pensivly, "I did not here from Sorben Tarnus so I assume he rejected my offer, he would no doubt have wanted to ask me questions otherwise. If he rejected that means Ga- er she is either on Kashyyk or Corucasant." Narcolm grinned slightly when he saw the look of confusion apear on Galen's husband's face.
"There is only one problem," he contiued, "my ship was stolen so I have no means to get off planet."

--------------------

Rathal

(I AM turning to the Darkside)

"There's room at the top they're telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill."

Posts: 74 | From: See Rahthal | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.198.27
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 06-28-2002 11:46 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin arched an eyebrow then said the first thing that came to his mind. "You offered Sorben Tarnus a job? How the hell do you know he took her to Coruscant? Or Kashyyyk?"

Then something else hit him. Coruscant? Now, WHO would want Galen on Coruscant?

Suddenly the connection fell right into place.

The transmission they'd stumbled upon on Sorben Tarnus's ship...the whole idea that he was possibly double-agenting...

...Aw HELL. Not Admiral Actar, AGAIN...

Terrin took another sip, then leaned back in his seat. Let some ideas sift through his mind. Then he sighed. "Allright, I'll admit this trusting thing is gonna take me some time. But then, I need to throw in a chip here as well, since we're all working on proving our worth to each other. If Galen has been taken to Coruscant, I can bet I know who she has been taken to. And I suspect you'll be needing some assistance because the planet is blockaded, according to my last sources. You might need some of my promised...connections to get in successfully," he surmised.

"I would suggest you take my assistant Matt Stanza," he said, waving in the short red-headed man's direction. "He can lead you to any possible connections we at Eagle Enterprises have, which just might be helpful in this venture. And, I know my wife. If she doesn't know you and you barrel in to get her, she's gonna just try to get away. So I'd like someone to be on the team that she'll trust. While I'd like to go myself, I made a promise to her, albeit an unspoken one, to keep watch over Darra, and I intend to keep that promise. Perhaps while you try to find her we can continue with plans here, so as to be ready for the next thing that might lie ahead?"

"Or...shall we all assess the possibility that Actar has Galen and then try to rid ourselves of him as a united front?" he asked, more to Graysith than to anyone else.

Pausing at that, Terrin ran his finger idly along the edge of his wineglass and waited, curious to see how everyone would respond.

[ 06-28-2002 11:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.47
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-29-2002 03:28 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's eyes darkened briefly in response to Terrin's words. Then the fleeting look was quickly masked beneath an absolutely bland facade. She set her fork quietly upon her plate, gave Terrin another penetrating glance.

"Strange I find it, that you refuse to go to the assistance of your mate, when you know the child is well and in more than capable hands," she whispered meaningfully before turning smoothly away from him to the Sith and the Dark Lord once again.

"That suggestion is denied." Though she faced Lord Atma and Recinis, the words were clearly meant for Terrin. Then she continued, now addressing the two she had originally directed.

"What Lord Atma has revealed makes sense," she said, "as I know the admiral has in the past targeted Galen Jhin'Dar. You have more than enough information to begin your quest; take the greatest precautions in your hunt, as Actar is uberjedi and powerful in both the light and the dark."

Which is as nothing compared to the wonders of the All... but we shall see what kind of allies we have taken up with....

Now she rose to her feet, placing her hands flat upon the table, and totally ignored the glares Terrin was shooting her way.

"I have modified TIEs available for your use, my friends," she said, finishing with, "and after we have refreshed ourselves I shall take you to them. In leaving Khar Delba, be certain your departure vector runs exactly perpendicular to a tangential line centered over the southern magnetic pole; I shall manipulate you back into realtime as you maneuver through the chronotic shield.

"Again I say, be certain to center your departure exactly over the midpoint of the magnetic pole. The opening there is small, and should any part of your ship touch the shield..."

She cut herself off, ending with a slight curling of her lips. Then she regained her seat to finish her meal, one hand reaching slyly down to hand off a choice bit of meat to M'wonBo'o, who was glued as usual to her side.

[ 06-29-2002 12:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.42
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 06-29-2002 11:17 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin's glare slowly subsided to something completely different as he realized how sending these two off for Galen might look to her.

She'd try to get away. And he wouldn't want her to be frightened...or hurt...

But what about the baby, what about her? Could he just leave her here? Well, she wasn't here anyway...and he knew where she was, as well as he knew that even when they found Galen this wouldn't be over...there were yet others who wanted her, and the baby. Staying here would gain them nothing in terms of protecting Darra, except perhaps proving to Graysith that he still was struggling with his trust. But, if he went with the other two after Galen...

He closed his eyes in for a brief moment, trying to collect his thoughts, trying to discern just what exactly to do, or to say.

Galen, I miss you so much it hurts...

He opened his eyes and shot the most honest look he could at Graysith. "Can I interject something here, please?" he said, waiting a moment. Graysith merely shot him an unreadable look, but he had her attention, so he continued on, glancing over to Lord Narcolm..or was it Atma?...and this new ally of theirs. "You're gonna need a good pilot. Not that I'm quite as talented as my wife, but I'm still good, and I've piloted through the shield before." Then, he returned a pleading blue-eyed gaze back over to Graysith. "You know Galen will not trust these two. And I suspect you know very well why I have...refused...to go to her assistance. Someone does need to be there that she'll trust, or else matters might become even more complicated. I need to explain to her what is going on..."

And hope she doesn't think I've just gone entirely mad...

"...before someone even more powerful and Evil gets a hold of her. Perhaps in going with these two to assist in finding her I can prove a modicum of trust in you."

He hoped he was getting through here...

"And perhaps in letting me go you can verify your trust in me as well.."

[ 06-29-2002 11:19 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Narcolm

Member # 222

posted 06-29-2002 02:36 PM     Profile for Narcolm   Author's Homepage   Email Narcolm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Narcolm just sighed and grinned. "hehe, it's fine with me, do as you please," he looked down at Graysith as he rose to his feet then he looked over to Recinis, "unless either of you feel there is somthing wrong with this."

--------------------

Rathal

(I AM turning to the Darkside)

"There's room at the top they're telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill."

Posts: 74 | From: See Rahthal | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.199.47
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-29-2002 03:05 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis sat quietly while the others spoke, after terrin had finished, and narcolm had stood up and spoken, recinis spoke, his voice strong and demanding, bringing forth the attention of all present.

"i believe this man has a right to go with us, as it is his wife." he began, looking at terrin with genuin respect, "I also believe that having him around would help in the rescue, it would difficult to face an aponent, whom you say is skilled in both light and dark, and then still at the same time, have to stuggle to convince the woman that we are there to help..." he then looked to graysith, and then to Narcolm "i am prepared to leave, whenever the time shall come...

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.54
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-29-2002 03:09 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith, still seated, bristled at the gaffe just executed by Narcolm. Then she allowed her features to smooth as she got herself under control. Perhaps the move had been unintentional...

Holding a hand out to stay any more comments by the others, she turned again to Terrin.

"I asked you this question once before, Mr. Danner, although in a different context," she began. "And I ask it of you now."

Indicating the imposing forms of the Sith warrior and the revived dark jedi with a wave of her hand she pressed on. "Do you fully realize the circumstances into which you will be placing yourself with this request?"

She then fell silent, waiting to hear his reply.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.101.168
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 06-29-2002 09:47 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin cocked his head as he considered the two new allies who had been designated to go find Galen, all the while pondering Graysith's words.

OK Buddy, THINK.. What circumstances would you be placing yourself in with these guys?

He bit his lip, now deep in thought and unaware of those around him. Start from the beginning. What would Galen want you to do?

The answer to that was easy enough. Watch over Darra and make sure she is safe. She had made it quite clear that's what she wanted him to do.

Ok, so why do you think she would want you to do that over going after her?

This answer came pretty quickly as well. Because she doesn't trust the Sith.

But then, this lead him back to his reasoning for believing he, or someone of his crew, should go with the others.

Allright. Think about the possible implications there. What is Galen gonna think if you show up to rescue her with these guys? Will she, as you have been thinking, trust them based on your presence with them, all things considered?

Maybe. But then again, maybe not. After all, she might find it more than a touch wee strange that you are paling around with a couple of questionable guys like these. It would almost look like...

...like...

Well, you know.

And you also have to consider how valuable your promised "resources" might be if you prematurely reveal that you are allied with the Sith, before you all get down to the real business that you know will be coming.

So maybe this isn't such a good idea.

He furrowed his brow, continuing to ponder.

Allright. So what happens if you don't go with these guys and they successfully find Galen?

OK, she might run.

But then, there's a possibility you HAVEN'T considered. She has been wanting to find Darra very badly. And she's not going to stray from that...Darra has been her primary concern for a long time.

So one of two things are going to happen. First off, she might run and try to get to Khar Delba to find Darra, which is where she believes the baby is. OR she might just give in and let these two fellows take her IF she knows that they are taking her to Khar Delba. The original plan had been, after all, to get captured so that they could get into the Temple to find the baby.

And Galen WOULD risk herself in any way necessary to get to her little girl...THEIR little girl.

Hmmm.

Somehow Terrin knew Galen would have to come to trusting these beings completely on her own. He couldn't do that for her. And quite frankly, the only way they'd ever be able to prove to her that she could trust them would be for them to bring her here, where she would find that her daughter was safe.

And they damned well better let her see Darra after all this too.

Terrin frowned as he realized what the best decision probably was, even though he didn't like it one bit. He sighed, leaning back as his look darkened almost imperceptibly.

Nothing like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Although he really didn't care as to his safety or about Eagle Enterprises at the moment, he DID care about the ultimate protection of his daughter and his wife. His daughter was "safe." His wife was not, and Graysith was offering to send someone else, aside from him or his crew, to go find her and bring her back here.

Why was she doing this?

To prove her trustworthiness to him, as well as to allow these others to prove their trustworthiness to her. And to possibly keep her new "assests" via the Oath protected by not sending either him or his crewmen. And perhaps she was somehow also trying to establish a modicum of trust with Galen, in the long run, by returning her safely to him.

Establishing any sort of trust between those two would be hard. But just maybe, if Graysith kept her word about little Darra, it might begin.

Terrin sighed again, hating to seem like some sort of wishy-washy school kid. He knew Graysith was aware of his thoughts though, which was still more than a bit eerie. He looked to her, his eyes revealing not a touch of his inward battle.

They didn't have to.

"Allright. I concede your obvious unspoken points. Maybe my presence with these two isn't such a good idea. I'm thinking Galen will come with them regardless based on her belief that the baby is here. So my presence might only complicate things, and might possibly squander some well-laid alliances of mine which might be of use later."

Then he turned and looked again to the other two, his men and Shawn positively gaping once again. "Go, and proceed with the greatest of caution." Then he added, a touch of desperation in his voice, "And hurry..."

[ 06-29-2002 11:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-29-2002 11:07 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis sat quitly once more, listing to Terrin again.

he stuggles with his emotions, hmm, all will be well though, do not worry...

Suddenly he stood, and walked over to where Narcolm stood extending a hand to the man, he said "WHen do we leave?"

Then he looked to terrin, his voice taking the stony edge of the warrior, his inner feelings burried beneath his duty. "No harm will come to her, I pledge it..."

Then he looked to graysith, and then to Narcolm, his eyes biggining to glow in there eerie green splender.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.170
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-30-2002 10:54 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith smiled when she heard Recinis solemn vow, and cast one last penetrating look Terrin's way. "You have made a wise decision, Mr. Danner," she said softly. Then she rose to her feet.

"Spoken like a true Sith, Recinis," she announced; then-- "Come. You shall depart immediately."

With that she bowed slightly toward Terrin, turned and with M'wonBo'o at her side led the way from the Dining Hall. Once more she glided through corridors hoary with age and moss, darkened with shadows which seemed to reach out to Recinis as they moved along, crying out from the dim recessess of the Temple in welcome, seeking restitution. Although Graysith could not see these eerie shades as clearly as could her new protector, she could sense them. As well as she could sense the growing concern welling up in Recinis' soul.

He does not know, she thought to herself, pleased to have this verification of Recinis identity. He must have come from a time in Sith history before Aelvedaar's, and thus is innocent of any knowledge of their terrible end.

She remained mute, merely pondering this and now sending out a brief tendril of consolation to ease Recinis' rising confusion. "All shall be revealed to you when you return," she spoke directly into his mind. Then she fell silent, and continued to move on.

Soon they had reached a slightly smaller set of doors set in a wing of the Great Temple, and exited to the outside through them. A blast of snow-laden wind met them, swirling hungrily toward them and striving to devour the warmth inside which it had yet to overcome. Graysith ignored the arctic conditions, just tightened her cloak and led the pair onward to Darth Wicked's old hangar. Once there she pointed to the row upon row of TIEs, which sat in brooding menace upon the cold stone decking.

"Take your pick, gentlemen," she announced. "Most of these fighters are built for only one pilot. But this one--" Here she pointed to the sole highly modified linked TIE defender. It sat quietly off to one side where Shayla had parked it upon her return from the visit to Sorben Tarnus ship with Terrin and his crew. "This ship can easily carry up to four. Indeed it is the only ship here which will hold both of you and Galen," Graysith continued, "as well as is the one best armed. As it is equipped with hyperdrive, you may go and return with all due haste. Darth Wicked armed it well: it bears twin ion cannon and four laser cannon, in the unlikely event someone should try to hinder your progress. It also bears proton torpedoes and concussion missles, but I doubt you will be needing to use those. I expect stealth shall be the greatest weapon you will use, as well as manipulating the minds of the weak."

She spoke no more, but stood quietly holding her cloak. The two warriors took one look at the craft, then at her, then nodded in mutual assent. Giving her a brief bow, they boarded the modified defender, and began powering up the systems.

"Remember my directive concerning the shield still about this planet," Graysith thought directly into their minds. "Depart as normal; I shall see that you find your way back to realspace."

With that she raised the Claw to trace a Sith rune in the air before the quietly snarling defender. Then, flanked by her loyal tuk'ata, she turned and traced her steps to the Temple, her mind and essence completely linked with them and their powerful little ship.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.102.32
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 07-01-2002 04:22 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis looked at narcolm as the man taped in the coordinits.

"How exactly are we gonna get into the place to save her?" recinis asked...

Narcolm simply shruged to the question, and punched the ship into hyper drive, and off they went.

[ 07-02-2002 03:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.17.21
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 07-02-2002 04:53 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: please follow Recinis, and Narcolm into the "Back on corruscant, Thread, thank you))

[ 07-02-2002 05:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.47
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-03-2002 01:01 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A whisper of words traveled through the interstices of space and time, arrowed through the glory of the stars, seeking to find a place hidden from the very reality through which it now wuffled...

...and found the slightest cosmic thread waiting in the vicinity of that which ought to be Khar Delba...

...a thread maintained by the Chosen Daughter, to guide them back when the mission was accomplished, else they would not find the portal into the place between seconds...

...a place where a flame-haired woman stood in silent contemplation. Her head tilted to the side, to her companions for no apparent reason, as she listened to that far-off whisper.

She responded.

"Continue as you are. But if persuasion is necessary...

"...then I shall come."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.102.176

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05