my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Cry of the Sith (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Cry of the Sith
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 07-31-2002 01:17 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban sat in silence....

"They must be gone by now..."

They would never have made it down to the surface of Khar Delba if not for the lightwings' maneuverability, and Trel's knowledge.....

Lo-Ban left the cold surface of the lightwings floor,"You have dealt with them before... how should we proceed, master?"

"This mission is of the highest importance to the council..."

Lo-Ban awaited Trel's response...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.173
Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 07-31-2002 11:56 AM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Trel looked at his padawan and sighed sadly.
"if you can say that, and mean to act on it, then i have truly failed as your master."
trel then stood and opened a small compartment in the lightwing taking out two jackets, tossing one to loban, and puting on the other himself.

"I will accompany you this time, but my aid shall be limited, i can not help where the concil is involved, unless i am truly needed, we will see what happens."

Trel then exited the ship and continued the rest of the way on foot, they had landed a little bit further then the crash had been before, the tempe was close.
"no doubt we will soon be greeted by an unwanted friend..."

--------------------

"im just a loser jedi, in a vast univers of winners..."
Section 4, article three of Trels book of facts

Posts: 64 | From: Phelan | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.67
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-31-2002 12:16 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla sighed disgustedly, well aware of the presence of uninvited guests on the surface of Khar Delba yet again. Beside her, Al'iya growled softly in her own brand of protest, keenly aware of the return of blood she had tasted once before.

What was with these complete idiots?! Didn't they get the hint the last time, when they were rather KINDLY removed from the planet and deposited elsewhere? Only to return yet again?!

This was unacceptable. And with those present who needed the utmost protection, Shayla couldn't allow this to continue.

Shayla didn't even have to give the order. Al'iya at once moved from her side, and prepared to move to the frozen jungle of Khar Delba. In that instant, a thought emblazoned itself across Shayla's mind: What exactly do THESE Jedi want? In that same instant, Al'iya halted, again not needing to hear a command to know her Mistress's wishes.

Shayla turned to Lord Narcolm, who had remained quietly in the Dining Hall with Terrin's still very much concerned men. "Lord Narcolm," she began, her greeny-blues meeting his, "Matters outside the temple that require a most careful approach have been brought to my attention. I believe they require my personal attention. It would please me to leave you to watch all that progresses within the Temple while I take a momentary--and hopefully very brief leave--of the Temple."

Narcolm nodded just once, accepting the role that had been bestowed upon him. Likewise the man probably also knew that Shayla's awareness would never be completely diverted from that which proceeded in the Temple; rather she desired that someone who possessed Force-abilities be left in charge.

Satisfied, both Shayla and her tuk'ata disappeared from the Dining Hall altogether. In not even a second, she found herself face to face with two very startled Jedi. Folding her arms and drawing an All-shield about herself, Shayla maintained a completely inscrutable look and merely waited for an explanation. Beside her, Al'iya grumbled and licked her fangs in anticipation...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 07-31-2002 12:23 PM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Trel froze instantly at the site of the pair that now greeted them.
Looking from the woman to the strange creature a look of distress crossed his face, as he noticed at once that it was that creature that had attacked him before.

"i assume it is you who ordered that creature to ah...retrieveme the last time i was here."

trel then looked at loban and said "your quest, you explain." trel then walked to shayla, ignoring the growly creature that stood next to her, believing the creature would not attack unless its mistress was in danger, or if its mistress comanded it.

"i am trel Kentar, he-" he said pointing at loban "-is my padawan i wish i could provide an explaination for you, but i am really just along for the ride."

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-31-2002 12:32 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's eyes widened in surprise at this one's audacity to step in closer, as well as at his admittance that his padawan was the one calling the shots here.

Since when does the Master let the Learner make the rules?

Beside her, Al'iya grumbled even more, her face-tendrils twitching in anticipation.

Stay back and be mindful, my Companion, Shayla ordered. She looked to the "Master" of this pair for one more curious moment, then turned a rather glacial--and almost disturbing--greeny-blue glare upon his self-assured "apprentice."

"Explain, now," she growled.

[ 07-31-2002 12:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 07-31-2002 01:52 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban stood still for almost an eternity... he had never been in the presence of such beauty...

He couldn't find his way out of those eyes, much unlike his discipline... he knew he had a job to do, he finally came to his senses... "I am Lo-Ban Kenobi, and I am here to rescue you..."

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.173
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-31-2002 02:04 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla'd seen and done plenty, but this took the cake. She had to fight with all her being to keep from laughing in the face of this...kid.

"For a moment there, I thought you were going to say you were Luke Skywalker himself," she said in bemusement. Then she turned to his...Master. "I was unaware that part of a padawan's training now included romantic exploits."

She held the older man's gaze momentarily at that, her eyebrow arching in something between amusement and disgust. Then she turned an all-too-sweet smile upon the padawan. "Well, Sir Loban of Tatooine, what Fates determined me to become your damsel in distress?" At that, her look darkened. "And from what and whom do you wish to rescue me?"

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 07-31-2002 02:10 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I apologize... I was sent here by a head member of the Jedi Council... he said you were being held against your will... but he did not tell me you were so beautiful..."

Lo-Ban awaited Shayla's response...

Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 07-31-2002 02:11 PM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
upon hearing lobans words trel sighed in defeat. "I truly have failed you as your master. you follow the council, and have no control of you emotions." trel then looked to shayla and shook his head. Trel then looked deep within himself, and focused his gaze on shayla's, reading her expresions, and the look within her yes "you have found balance within yourself and the force. havnt you? you too have found fault with the concil, it reads plainly on your face." returnign his gaze to loban he then said "she will not return with you, nor will i be accompaning you much longer."

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-31-2002 02:25 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flattery never impressed Shayla. At least Erik had the good sense to know this...she suspected that's one of the reasons she loved him so.

Slipping away from those thoughts, Shayla's attention focused on the words the Jedi Master was speaking.

Ohhh, how very interesting...

"Your words reveal an intelligence you have yet to realize you possess," she observed coolly. Then, turning once again to the padawan. "You would do good to heed the words your Master speaks. And you would have done better not to have ever come here at all. Give me one good reason I shouldn't destroy you right this very moment," she commanded.

Al'iya meanwhile waited all-too-patiently...

[ 07-31-2002 02:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 07-31-2002 02:42 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"You say you are not here against your will... I have been on orders by the council to prove myself a worthy apprentice... They told me you would understand, master... The council gave me this to deliver to you..."

Lo-Ban took out his metaphasic pulse inhibitor,"They told me to make sure you recieved this, above all else..."

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-31-2002 03:13 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In a lightning-fast, blurring moment, Al'iya leapt. Very obviously disturbed by the the introduction of an unknown weapon, the animal knocked the thing from the padawan's hand, throwing him backwards in shock. In just as fast a motion, before anything could happen, the weapon fell into the snow of Khar Delba a meter or so away from the group.

Then, in just as swift a motion, the animal came to bear on the startled padawan. Shayla didn't send an order to stop the ensuing attack, but rather let the animal land full-force on the young man. The impact was certain to have broken a rib or two. Though the young one tried his best to fight back, the animal's viciousness at the perceived threat was ferocious. She would not back down. Claws tore flesh.

Al'iya backed off momentarily, allowing her prey to stand and back away and reach for what must have been his lightsaber. She wanted a little hunt, Shayla suspected. The poor Padawan--though it was his own fault--was starting to bleed in various places.

He never was able to ignite the lightsaber either--Al'iya didn't give him the opportunity. She again leapt, and knocked it from his hand, this time grasping the weapon in her 10-inch fangs. The pressure crushed the weapon, and it fell harmlessly to the ground in pieces. In the process of all this, she again shoved the padawan to ground and landed on him, her pupiless eyes trained on him, the claws on her feet again touching flesh.

"Enough!" Shayla said at last. Eyeing the undamaged weapon the padawan had begun to hand to his master, Shayla stepped in to eye the pinned Padawan with her glacial greeny-blues. She was still keenly aware of his Master, who hovered in the background...as well as she was of the weapon which still was in question.

"What is the meaning of this?" she hissed to her tuk'ata's prey, motioning at the thing in the snow. "And choose your words very carefully..." she added darkly.

[ 07-31-2002 03:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 07-31-2002 03:27 PM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Within trels mind memories of the past were swirling, the memories of his own masters death, the thoughts of his own deaths, the failure of his training a padawan... suddenly, something snaped. and one thought crossed trels mind I am dead.

Trel then ignighted his own metalic handle and charged at unbelievable speeds twoards al'iya one thought blazing in his mind

-Save loban-

[ 07-31-2002 03:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Trel kentar ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-31-2002 03:40 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla was having a bad day. Just when she thought this comedy of errors couldn't get any worse, it did. As the Jedi Master charged, Shayla reached out, grasped the atoms of his lightsaber with the All and tweaked them, her eyes still never leaving the padawan.

The lightsaber fizzled into a lump of coal that sifted through the fingers of the startled Jedi Master.

Shayla then waited to see what else he would dare to do.

[ 07-31-2002 03:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 07-31-2002 03:41 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"That was my favorite saber... I would not have struck it with a lethal blow... I love animals... they usually love me back though, not break it..."

"It is a metaphasic pulse inhibitor... It led me to find you... The council told me you would know what to do with it... Why did your animal attack me as if it were a weapon?"

Lo-Ban awaited an explanation...

[ 07-31-2002 03:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 07-31-2002 04:51 PM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Trel didnt even stop to consider what had happen to his lightsaber, he then lashed out with the force, throwing the animal from loban, turning around he looked at shayla and said "i have had enough of this. whatever happens next, it ends now, do what you will." trel then sighed, and began walking away.

--------------------

Posts: 64 | From: Phelan | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.170
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-31-2002 09:34 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla frowned as the Jedi Master again showed astounding audacity. Then, as he turned and began to walk away, Al'iya, who was just recovering from his rather impressive Force-blast, reacted.

In a moment which seemed frozen in time she sprang, her massive yet sleek body slamming on top of the Jedi and forcing him into the ground. There she stayed atop his form, and as Shayla looked at the sight, she realized there was an entirely too large pool of blood seeping from under the animal's body to mar the freshly-fallen snow...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-31-2002 10:34 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Al'iya, back!" Shayla ordered succintly. At that, the animal moved back, although she seemed as though she would rather do otherwise. The Jedi Master was bleeding pretty severely, and Shayla couldn't make out exactly what had caused the bleed. Knowing Al'iya was watching the Padawan, she stepped in and leaned over the motionless man. Knowing the man was still slightly alive, Shayla used her All-skills to seal the bleed which was coming from the man's torn back where Al'iya had jumped on him. Shayla turned to the Padawan. She waved away all of his outward injuries--leaving him with two broken ribs to remind him of his stupidity--then spoke her demand.

"Take your Jedi Master, return to your ship, and depart immediately. See that he gains the rest he will need from his injuries, and be certain that you never return here again."

Saying this, she stood and looked the Padawan over measuringly. "Depart at once, lest you revoke the gift which I have bestowed upon you and your Master both."

With that Shayla disappeared with her tuk'ata, back into the depths of the Sith Temple, taking the Padawan's curious device along with her.

[ 07-31-2002 10:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 07-31-2002 11:51 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban finally got to his feet,"This will be our parting?"

"I will find my ship, if that is all..."

Lo-Ban added one last remark,"I shall search for another to teach me, I thank you for your guidence."

Lo-Ban stood and awaited Trel's response, while contemplating how he had been fooled, and gave thought towards the words that had been spoken by the angel called Shayla only moments ago...

[ 07-31-2002 11:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 08-01-2002 12:12 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In a very brief minute and 45 seconds, the Sith ship under Erik Kartan's piloting skills began to count down to from fifteen to zero, indicating the approach of reversion to realspace.

He hit the sigil which Graysith had informed him controlled the comm. "Hang on to all you hold near and dear!" he said, "Reversion in...ten standards seconds, Khar Delban primary."

Keeping an eye on his controls, he pushed the reversion sigil when the counter hit zero, and the Sith ship's viewscreen was changed from the blur of hyperspace, to starlines, to stars. Making sure the cloak was about the ship, Erik commed once again as the Ship establish orbit. "We have arrived, my friends."

Then, he simply waited.

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 08-01-2002 11:03 AM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Trel looked to loban and a small smile began to splay accross his face, "No doubt your ship is probably gone by now, why not let me take you where you need to go?" thinking back trel shook his head in sorrow, for he to had lost control of his emotions.

"im sorry loban...You really were a wonderful student... You probably would be better suited with a better teacher though."

--------------------

Posts: 64 | From: Phelan | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.200
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-01-2002 01:27 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith nodded in satisfaction at the uneventful trip the little group had just completed.

If only the remainder of our journey will be as quiet, she thought to herself as she got to her feet from where she had been sitting chatting with Recinis, the little JhinDarra still held in her arms. Recinis immediately followed suit, as did her ever-present tuk'ata, who had been hovering at her side the entire trip.

She smiled to them both.

"Be calm, my protectors," she said, motioning them both to sit once again. "I shall soon return."

Then she made her way to the command center, where she found Erik calmly waiting his next instruction. Her one arm tightened its grip about the little child as she came over to the seat he possessed, reaching past his shoulder to lightly tap a sigil on the arm of his chair. A viewscreen immediately coalesced from thin air before them; its holographic image revealing the form of Khar Delba floating in obscured mystery before them.

She pointed to a spot in its northern hemisphere.

"Take us there, and take care not to touch the shielding about the planet," she said. "Once there, maintain a geosynchronous position directly over the opening there. I shall channel myself through the All and enter the planet through that place, but I need you to hold the ship's position exactly so as to find you when I return with the mother of this babe. I cannot drop the shield my Sire has created here.

"Otherwise, I believe this vessel contains an escape pod small enough for two people, and which by skilled piloting may slip to the planet surface via the opening I have showed you. Using this, you may go and retrieve Galen Danner and bring her back here to the ship, that we may continue on to Korriban.

"In either case, this child does not leave my arms; there is too much at stake to risk her being taken.

"Which are you most comfortable with?" Drawing to a close she spoke no more, but gently began to stroke the baby's cheek with one finger.

[ 08-01-2002 01:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-01-2002 01:33 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"She is a tough ship, I am certain it is still intact..."

He needed to do this himself, to find his own way...

Lo-Ban reached down into the pile of saber parts and extracted a blaster...

"I hope you find what you are looking for, may the force be with you..."

Lo-Ban placed his hands under his arms, and started his journey to find his ship...

[ 08-01-2002 01:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 08-01-2002 01:53 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik recalled the Sith Sorceror's warning about the baby being exposed to the All. And he also considered that Terrin Danner was probably down there with Galen, and might need more than just a little convincing to leave her. Of course, the latter was based on Erik's own understanding of how he might react if he were in Terrin's place.

"Might be risky to move about too much with the child," Erik thought aloud. "Although I'll also admit that I'm at a loss as to what exactly to tell Terrin since I it's logical he'll be a little less than thrilled to be seperated from Galen again. And it might be a bit...odd to him for me to suddenly pop up and take Galen..."

He trailed, biting his lip as he considered. Something then occurred to him. "I assume Shayla is on-planet?" he asked.

Shayla could explain things to Terrin. At least, she should be the one in charge down there. It'd probably serve as good strategy to let Graysith stay here with the baby. Made much more sense in terms keeping two able All-users on both sides.

"I think the best decision is for me to take the pod down. Just makes more sense from a tactical and strategical prospective. So, if you have nothing further, I'll be on my way..."

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-01-2002 02:25 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith nodded, relieved that she would not be having to expose the little baby to the All before the child was ready for it. While she herself could have piloted a pod to the surface, in order to do that no protective shielding could have been used. There was a small risk in that the pod itself might have been commandeered en route; bad as it was to consider that Erik and Galen would be exposed to this risk, it was unthinkable that the babe be.

She smiled at Erik, holding out a hand to him as he rose to his feet.

"Yes, my Adept is on the surface; I am certain you shall be more than... pleased ...to be reunited with her."

For a moment her face clouded as memories of a particular reunion of her own flashed through her mind. She clenched her jaw... then relaxed and smiled once again.

"The Sith go with you, my friend," she uttered in a soft voice. "We shall be here awaiting your swift return. Tell Mr. Danner he has my permission to take any of the fighters in Lord Wicked's-- in my hangar, if he wishes to follow you and return to this ship. My Adept may likewise assist us if she desires; indeed, this may be necessary if we are to attain the goal we seek.

"There is much danger yet ahead of us, I fear. Go swiftly."

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05