my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Haunters of the Dark (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Haunters of the Dark
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-02-2001 10:53 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Once again the Chosen Daughter of the Sith found herself draped across her command chair, her vision stonily fixed to the otherness of hyperdriven space through which Chosen One howled. While to all outward appearances she remained almost aloof in her bearing, thoughts as to what would occur the moment she returned to the Temple churned madly about in her head.

What would her Dark Heart think of her coming back with the padawan, and not the jedi whom he expressly denied exit from the Temple? Would he be angry with her... or would he take recompense in the form of this young woman, who Graysith secretly wondered if she could ever really trust again.

She shifted a bit in the seat, frowning to herself as that thought crossed her mind. Then continuing on with it... Why, if she didn't feel she could trust her, did she spare her life? Why not simply destroy her and be done with it? What was it about this one that had her so mesmerized, so willing to forego what logic and common sense demanded she should do with her? Why did she persist in clinging to the young woman?

Almost as if sensing her thoughts, Nikk reached out a clawed hand to lightly place it on her shoulder. "Your Darrrrrk Hearrrrrt thissss One can be now in command of, glory finding again with Him in thisss delivery," he hissed through his sharp fangs.

Graysith shrugged. "This shall be determined when we reach the Temple, my friend," she said in return. Then she sighed, nibbling on a tendril of her hair as her thoughts went back to Roan and the possible scenarios she might find on their return. With a sudden jerk, she turned round in the seat, shooting her gaze now to the aft of the little ship where Maladius gibbered and hunkered, guarding an absolutely motionless Shayla.

Graysith slitted her eyes, considering the young woman. Then heaving a great sigh, she spoke up in a soft but penetrating voice.

"Taste of her blood, Dark One, that you may know of it should the need occur for it to be... traced."

Closing her eyes to his disjointed slithering movements as the creature reached out a clawed hand toward Shayla, closing her ears to the awful piercing sucking noises that followed, closing them in particular to the quickly cut off gasping inhalation of breath which accompanied them, she turned back to the navboard.

Proximity sensors were lit up like Tatooine on Boonta Eve. She sighed again, played the mystic sigils and runes that warbled there, and in but moments popped the little ship out of hyperspace and into the real space of Khar Delba. It was short work to bring Chosen One back into a gracefully decaying orbit about the cat's-eye world which orbited the primary; even shorter work brought the greeny-golden little ship into a controlled fall to the Khar Delban surface.

Not bothering to hanger the ship, she popped the hatch and strode quickly out, heading toward the Temple. On her heels came M'wonBo'o and Nikk; behind her, Maladius took his sweet time....

[ 12-02-2001 11:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.37
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-02-2001 11:53 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Remaining frozen in the back of the cabin of Graysith's ship, gaurded by a demonic creature, Shayla wondered if indeed this would be her last trip anywhere.

Suddenly, Graysith turned about to look at her, an electric gaze pinning her. Sighing, the woman said, "Taste of her blood, Dark One, that you may know of it should the need occur for it to be... traced."

Shayla managed to only gasp as the thing pulled her arm to its lips, regarding it only a moment before sinking sharp fangs into her wrist. The sensation was horrid, but somehow Shayla knew she deserved that and more for what she had done.

WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?! a Dark voice within her growled. You never could do anything right. What makes you think you would ever change? Acting on your emotions before thinking of the consequences...

...it was always your weakness...

Analyzing that bit of information over in her head as she clutched her bloodied arm with her other, almost...relishing the pain, as a reminder that it could be far worse, and might be yet still.

That was your unforgiveable error. In your emotions over having Erik back, you reacted, taking him and Cella before you REALLY thought of what you were doing. And Cella...well, you took her to please HIM.

PLEASE HIM???!!!

Shayla gritted her teeth, not so much as a result of the throbbing pain of the bite but from the disgust with herself as reality set in.

With the Jedi, you were successful. You remained loyal to Graysith because you knew that what Cella thought of you didn't matter. But when it came to Erik...

...What he thought still mattered to you. You knew deep down the whole thing was scaring him, which in turn triggered your reaction. The test was to see if in fact you had the Balance to have him accept YOU or else, and not the other way around.

You failed. Miserably...

For a brief moment that little voice in Shayla's head threatened to mumble repeatedly that she would always be a failure, that she would never change. But in that brief moment, Shayla's mind snapped, switching into a completely new and somehow wonderful line of thinking, its balance unmistakable.

Shayla could only hope she'd have the chance to redeem herself, and to grasp the True Potential that was now in sight...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.159.74
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-03-2001 10:40 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Morning was softening the light infiltrating the jungle surrounding the Great Temple, creating lavendar shadows that danced fleetingly about, merging with the very atmosphere before darkening and dappling as the Khar Delban sun rose higher and higher above the horizon. The misty air was filled with the muted squawks and cheeps as the inhabitants of that jungle awakened to face the day, each one beginning that day fresh, each one unaware as to who would remain alive at its end.

Graysith scowled as she unconsciously linked with the primitive life of the planet, carrying that instinctive sense into her own conscious thoughts regarding the young woman who was finally beginning to stumble forth from the ship. Under normal circumstances the Chosen Daughter would have loved to have stopped, sharing with Shayla this unique part of the day where dark and light merge into something akin to twilight, joining together in a velvety gray which encompassed both the day and the night.

Not this particular morning, however.

Still scowling, she continued toward the Temple looming ahead, its walls a study of moss and ancient vines, its stone crumbly in appearance but yet deceptively strong. The ornate and age-blackened wooden doors beckoned to her as she approached them, with a quick hand movement they oiled silently open, allowing her and her party to gain entrance. Graysith stopped immediately upon entering, turning to silently watch as the others came into the dimness of the Grand Foyer, pausing momentarily afront her as though seeking direction.

"M'wonBo'o," the Chosen Daughter broke the silence with her soft command. "You have done well to companion me during this most difficult of travails I had to endure; please go find food in your usual place, my dear friend."

The tuk'ata turned his pupilless eyes up to his mistress. "Not-hunt, not Blood-seek this One am I?" he whined anxiously, a touch jealous of the dark and sinister Maladius.

Graysith smiled, and stroked his sleek head. "Not at this time, my Companion," she purred softly. "But you may be sure that should the occasion arise, you will have my full permission to do so."

The massive beast dipped his head in acquiescence, then turned and clattered away into the darkness. Behind him, Nikk now turned to the Chosen Daughter.

"I ssssseek not to Blood-hunt, glorrry-not in chasing prey so sorrrrrry," he stated abruptly, rapping his spear once upon the stone floor of the temple for emphasis. "That One worthy of thrrrrroat being rrrripped, glorrrry some in that," he finished, a dark and hopeful gleam coming into his eye.

Graysith smiled. "Not today, my dear Nikk, although the sentiment at the moment is... agreed with."

Now she tilted her head to one side, considering him, all the while keenly aware of the quiet approach of the very humble and still somewhat nervous Shayla. Maladius, accompanying her up to Graysith, gibbered delightedly as before parting he darted forward and sank his fangs into the side of her neck. "In this manner mean you, Noghri?" he cackled, Shayla's fresh blood running down his black chin.

Graysith shot out a restraining arm. "Enough," she commanded coolly, now directing her gaze upon Shayla's overly pale face. "You have partaken of enough sustenance through her. Begone!"

Maladius curled his lips in a snarl. "He isn't going to be liking your attitude, you know!" he hissed before turning abruptly on his clawed heel and disappearing into the shadows. His whipping tail lashed Shayla's ankle in parting, drawing further blood.

Graysith frowned briefly, carefully scrutinizing Shayla's wounds. Deciding none were life-threatening, she lifted her gaze. Shayla refused to meet that look, whereupon Graysith reached out a pale hand and, grasping the young woman's chin, jerked her face up to meet her's.

"You deserve to die, you know that," she whispered. Then she let her hand drop as though it had touched something odius. Turning now to the hovering Noghri, she clearly indicated the current status of her former adept by a brief backward toss of her head.

"Take this one to her quarters... and assure that she remains there," she commanded him. "I am certain my Dark Heart has some plans in store for her."

Refusing to cast one more look upon the shaking young woman, Graysith abruptly strode forward, seeking to distance herself from the pair. That her order to Nikk was being efficiently carried out there was no doubt; his hissing command and her startled grunt wafted into Graysith's ears before she exited the foyer for the Grand Hall and corridor beyond. Passing the door to the Dining Hall, passing that to her old quarters, she continued on, hurrying now into the bowels of the temple, following secretive and silent passageways that carried her sometimes up, sometimes down. At length she climbed a final set of stairs to face the graphically carved entrance to her quarters. His quarters.

Their quarters.

Opening the doors with a light touch she entered therein and tossed off her signature cloak. Then approaching the great viewing crystal within, she brought up the image of her former adept, watching as a cruelly smiling Nikk forced her disgracefully at spearpoint on toward her own quarters.

Now a small move of her hand directed the crystal to a new position in the fabric of spacetime. In instantaneous response to her thought, it obligingly showed her the image of a dead ship, sulkily floating amidst a starfield an unspecified distance from Khar Delban space, and in an unspecified direction.

Graysith did nothing to risk divulging its coordinates to whatever big eyes might have been watching, or big ears listening. She merely sent another thought ravening out through the All... and watched as the ship slowly began turning about as though it was a hunting beast sensing a nearby and hidden quarry. For a moment it hesitated, then its engines fired in a blaze of energy, propelling it into motion once more, sending it forward, following a course the Chosen Daughter had placed into its simple computer brain...

...directly toward the heart of the nearest star, a furiously blazing blue giant.

Graysith grinned to herself as she watched the ship begin its suicide run.

"Get out of this one, Jedi!" she snarled to herself, knowing the sentiment was reaching out directly into the ears of one Cella Poliani. "Indeed have I grown tired of you and your interference."

The Glyph flashed and wavered as she continued to watch, waiting to view the death of the ship and its passenger, waiting for the arrival of Lord Roan, wondering how he would deal not only with Shayla, but with her as well...

...and hoping his great heart was as forgiving as it ever had been.

[ 12-03-2001 02:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 207.165.114.21
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-03-2001 12:33 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What great sorrow, what great despair...

Every tendril of her body aching for the beautiful darkness of Death, Shayla collapsed as Nikk shoved her by spearpoint into her quarters.

Her quarters? How is it that you deserve this? How is it that you deserve life, when you yet know that indeed you do not, as well as does she?

Why does she let you live? As if to toture you mentally for your great Failure, for your utter Stupidity, for your total Incompetance...

For a moment, as she lay in a ball on the floor, every facet of her being swimming in some sort of pain, Shayla entertained the notion that perhaps yet Graysith had a spark of Hope in her, a spark of Trust, a spark of Compassion.

These things you know are true, some little voice murmmered soothingly.

Shayla chose, for the moment, to ignore it. Though that might very well be true, that didn't cancel the Wrong she had done and the punishment she deserved.

Perhaps yet, when He finds out, you will experience Death in its bliss even yet?

Shayla frowned deeply, the expression sending a jolt of pain through her. She accepted it just as it was, as a continuing reminder of the penance she needed yet to pay.

No. No death. In death, there is peace, peace you do not deserve.

Suddenly firming, Shayla forced herself to stand upon weak and trembling legs, only momentarily noticing the great pool of Blood that she had been laying in.

Pool of Blood, Pool of Life yet Undeserved.

Every tendril of her being encapsulated in some Great Pain, from within or without, Shayla dragged herself to the mirror in her bedroom, beholding her scarred form, hair matted to her head with dried sweat and blood. Forced herself to gaze upon the gore.

You yet have a chance to redeem yourself. Do what that requires, at whatever cost it demands. You have potential. You can turn your back upon that no longer.

Her knees suddenly buckling, blood yet again pooling at her feet, oozing from hideous wounds, Shayla fell forward, hitting the glass of the mirror and causing it to fall back and break into pieces. Shards exploded everywhere, some hitting her, some falling elsewhere. Momentarily she looked down to avoid the further damage of her visage. Then, suddenly deciding that this should yet be more punishment, she forced her head up, her eyes locking upon something unseen. A strand of stray hair fell into her mouth, and she tasted the blood she was even yet shedding.

What great sorrow, what great despair...

[ 12-03-2001 09:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 139.62.161.79
Shadow Jedi

Broken Back Button

Member # 139

posted 12-03-2001 10:53 PM     Profile for Shadow Jedi   Author's Homepage   Email Shadow Jedi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lurking in the shadows around the Sith Temple of Khar Delba crouched a man no more than the age of 30 but no less than the age of 20. His dark long hair flew across his face in strands that he occasionally pulled back. He was a mysterious young man who started training in the ways of the Force around his toddler years. At a young age he went and lived at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Temple on Yavin 4. There he kept himself in soluitude only to come out to be shown lessons in the Force. It there, at Yavin 4 where he earned his nickname of the Shadow Jedi for he was always creeping in the shadows and was never noticed til right upon you. It seemed one of his natural talents in the Force seemed to be able to shroud himself in the Force. Although this wasn't his only talent. It was just one that stood out because Jedi's such as Luke Skywalker had never seen so much talent in one area. In later years he was tutored in fighting skills by Jeroc Mahoy and had even been known to get a few up on the old man sometimes. Maturing so fast and so strongly in the Force was something important. Important enough to be kept secret.

5 years ago realizing that someday Shadow would be needed for more serious and strong missions, Luke Skywalker and Jeroc Mahoy sent him off to a secluded planet with another Jedi Master who was in his older age.(a Jedi Teacher) There he practiced in the Force and honed his abilities until called.

The day had come. For days he had camped out on Khar Delba unnoticed, it seems not even a powerful Sith like Graysith could even detect him. Shadow remembering not to get a full head of himself calmed himself as he snuck into the temple unnoticed. Many people had tried the same thing as him and been caught. Shadow was a different person, different from many people. In more ways than they knew.

He rounded the corner and silently listened in on the room where the mysterious Graysith was, he of course had never seen her with his own eyes but he had heard of her and had felt her through the Force many times. His tugs on her with the Force usually would go unnoticed on her and he wouldn't stay long enough to let her catch him anyways. It seemed while her heart seemed wretched and evil...something else lurked behind it...something even more mysterious. Maybe not anything good and maybe nothing like the good that was left once in Anakin Skywalker...but something was definitly there.

He quickly ignighted his ruby red lightsaber with a *snaphiss* it roared alive. He quickly glided into the room and used his Force powers to quickly send Graysith across the room and pinned to the wall. He could feel the flow of the force around him and he used it to keep her darkness pinned against the wall.

At last he spoke, "I think I know who I'm looking for? Lead me to both of them of I will be forced to kill you right now. I can stop your heart from pumping at any second now. Sure you might have your cronies get me in the end but they will be without your leadership and my life in the Force will be complete. Now tell me where they are!"

--------------------

Holonet Admin and Resident jackass!
(or is that position taken by Joey???)

"I feel like I'm in that f***ed up bar in Star Wars. I'm Han Solo and your Chewy"

Posts: 6 | From: STL shorty! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 204.184.51.245
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-04-2001 12:14 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith looked the strange young man straight in the eye, her entire demeanor calm. Even the Glyph on her brow was quiet, complacently waiting until called upon to be put to a good use.

Such as totally demolishing this simple creature, whose self-centeredness was overwhelming enough to capture even her interest. One such as this ought not to be wasting his talents with the likes of the Jedi... but then, she already had an adept. One who waited in humble penitence.

One whom she had every intention of turning over to her own Sire for further education.

She cocked her head to one side, smiling sweetly in the face of the intense fool who thought he had her pinned. Indeed, she was backed to the wall... but only for a moment. The fact that she was able to be pinned thus was only due to the great emotional strain she had recently undergone; powerful though she was with the Force and that beyond it, that wonderful All which encompassed not just links between living matter and dead matter, but with the very fabric of spacetime itself; powerful though she was, even she had to take time to rest upon occasion and recoup her strength.

Which didn't take very long to refurbish.

Still smiling sweetly, she lifted the hand which yet bore upon it the Nar Khelba-bearing Claw of S'slan and simply pointed it in his face. Ultraviolet energy ravened out in response to her mere thought, twining about him, deigning him yet to live as it crawled away from his flesh, grasping the simple lightsaber he waved about in a manner similar to a Kowakian lizard-monkey waving about a choice bit of fruit. In less time than it took her to blink, the lightsaber just...

...wasn't there anymore. At least, not in its entirety. The young man turned his head to stare at the cold and empty hilt in his hand, his eyes widening in astonishment as the blade vanished as did the energizing crystal within it, which Graysith had tweaked to transform into a simple lump of coal.

Now her smile broadened as, feeling the simplicity of the mere Force waver with his surprise, she took immediate advantage of the distraction. Stepping forward from the wall, she cast a protective chronotic field about herself, one which would reduce any physical matter to its eqivalent energy state and then dissipate, one which likewise would take that dissipating energy or any other for that matter, Force included, and spread it out into the little place existing between one second and the next.

She paused for only a moment to pin her violet gaze on the strange man. Then moving with the quick grace of a sandcat, she rounded him, coming up behind him, and now reaching out one hand, index and little fingers extended like horns, the others curled loosely beneath the palm, sent out the All with a simultaneous flash of the now-blazing Glyph. In a manner similar to how she had first introduced herself to Darth Wicked, she sent forth both the light and the dark, each one too powerful in its own singular abilities to thwart the other, thus combining to create about him a twining and unbreakable bond. Wherever the dark flowed to gain the upper hand, the light seeped in to brighten it. Where the light moved, the dark crept in to deepen it.

Soon he was encumbered completely by a unifying shade of gray... which held him totally immobile in its unbreakable strands.

"You do not know to whom it is you speak, young one," she murmured, the tone of her voice still deceptively sweet. "Nor the powers of the All which I wield. Indeed you must be wary... of that, and of my Dark Heart, who shall be most... intrigued with your presence here in the bouduoir of his Lady. I would not wish to be in your boots when he returns here, as he most assuredly will."

Now she fell silent, cocking her head to study the imprisoned man before her.

"Such insolence, and cockiness!" she breathed, smiling as she reached out to caress one of his ears. "A shame I can not use another adept... as well as a shame that such...enthusiasm has gone entirely to waste."

Purring like a cat, she strolled about the young man, circling him, studying him from every angle. Coming to a halt in front of him, she stood quiet, her hands folded afront her, the Glyph powering down upon her forehead.

"Strange that you found ingress with such apparent ease, young one," she murmured softly. "Either Maladius left the Temple stupidly open behind him... or you embrace the Dark within you as well. I find this thought a rather pleasing one.

"But that matters not. What does is that you are under more of a semblance of civility. And now, my young fool, now that I have captured your...attention, perhaps we can further discuss why it is you are here. I wish you no harm; that which seeks you will be brought forth by your own hand."

With that she fell silent, raising her hands to show her sincerity, and with one small movement smoothly waved away the shackles of the All which entrapped the jedi. Smiling to see the shock rushing over his features in response to that act, still safely enshrouded within the completely impenetrable chronotic field, she then quietly waited to hear his response, biding her time until the return of her Dark Heart and Lord.

[ 12-04-2001 03:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.197.166
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-04-2001 10:30 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Though her face was beyond ashen and her body screamed for rest; though her eyes were heavy and her stomach begged for sustenance, Shayla remained steadfast in the penance that she had placed upon herself. Her wounds had, for at least a while, begun to coagulate and bloody scabs replaced the open sores upon her neck, wrist, leg, and so on. The glass which had showered upon her head and shoulders left some new scratches and scrapes that were bleeding marginally, but the penance was not enough. Not yet.

Sitting upon her knees, gazing stonily into the now-broken mirror, Shayla examined herself within and without, analyzing this newfound calm which she had acquired, accepting what was as it was; accepting that what would be was yet to be determined.

He would be coming. They would be coming. She would submit herself to whatever fate they deigned appropriate.

But of one thing she was certain. She wanted to remain here, as student, if that was at all possible after the horrible act she had committed. She would stay...

...and that which she had begun would be completed...

...If only she was given one final chance...

[ 12-04-2001 10:36 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.159.74
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 12-04-2001 12:10 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I heave a great sigh of disgust as, from my own small hidden space here within the walls of this great and venerable Temple I observe my Chosen One as yet again she endures another act of defilement upon her person. These pale beings grow entirely too tiresome for their own good; it shall be none to soon that the glorious Sith Empire is resurrected and brought forth into this time, here to take its rightful place among the feeble and degraded sentients who inhabit the myriad worlds in this galaxy. Indeed, if this one who tries both my patience and that of my Chosen Daughter is but a sublime representative, not only will the arrival of the Sith be easily unopposed... it would probably be welcomed in the long run, once the initial shock and denial wore off.

This current Time could certainly benefit from a more judicial and far stronger leadership.

I jerk my attentions back from my musings, a smile flickering about my face to see how easily my Daughter evades the attack of this pale jedi. I nod in approval at the honor she bestows upon him in her invitation to deport himself in a civil manner... all the while approving most heartily her act of self-protection. No fool she; I would not trust this one until such is earned from him. If there is ever a chance for that to occur, that is.

The thought brings my mind to the one my own Daughter chose. For a brief moment my smile darkens to a frown; it is because of this action on her part that these interruptions befall us. If She had not taken this one as adept, none of these events would be occurring now, and we still could be secreted away here in our ministrations to bring forth the Sith.

Ahh-- but, if t'plikk fruits were gramberries....

I now focus my attention on this Adept, this one Shayla Petrolu, quietly sending a tendril of my consciousness into her being to determine her sincerity. While much may be spouted in the throes of torture-enduced pain, only true sincerity withstands the test of self-actualization. I wave my clawed hand, watching with a small grin the total surprise which crosses her face as her wounds are abruptly healed and strength and glowing health floods into her. She is a quick one--ahh, I see now, my Chosen One, why you cling to this one--in seconds she is on her feet, whirling about to determine my presence, or that of the one who had granted her this boon.

I oblige and easily cross the spacetime pathway existing between us.

Her greeny-blue eyes are raised in startlement as I arrive; then, to her credit, she drops to one knee before me, her head bowed humbly. There she remains in quiet deference, waiting.

I honor her by reaching out to place one clawed hand lightly upon her head.

"There is one here who attempts to threaten your Teacher," I purr in my deep bass voice. "One who wastes valuable time and energy in his blind over-zealousness."

Now I place a fingertip beneath her chin, and raise her eyes to meet the volcanic ones of my own. For a long moment I peer into their depths, searching... and liking what I find there. I smile, exposing my fangs.

"This one not only wastes time and energy, he foolishly has not aligned his priorities in the correct manner. He wishes to save one who wishes it not... yet all the while lets one hurtle toward death who most certainly needs rescue.

"Perhaps you can begin to prove your worth by assisting your Teacher in this little matter. But realize this..."

I pause, staring more penetratingly into her eyes.

"This is not a final chance to redeem yourself. This is but one small step along the way."

I then wait no longer, but reaching out to take her by the hand, pull her toward the door I cause to appear amidst the mosses and vines of the stone wall of her quarters. I give her a little push... and direct her toward a pathway I have opened within the confines of the Temple. She casts one look my way, then steps forward unhesitatingly...

...directly into the quarters my Daughter now shares with Lord Roan, where she is still quietly standing, waiting to hear what the jedi will say.

I smile now as I close the pathway, eager myself to see his reaction as one he thinks MUST be rescued now approaches, heading straight to my Chosen One to stand beside her, there presenting a united front to this rash young fool.

[ 12-04-2001 12:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.46
Shadow Jedi

Broken Back Button

Member # 139

posted 12-04-2001 05:04 PM     Profile for Shadow Jedi   Author's Homepage   Email Shadow Jedi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Entwined in her cover of light and dark Shadow just let sly smirk out over at the Dark one. She had thought he had underestimated her but the underestimation was all on the part of Graysith. Lightsabers, just merely a weapon of choice but there are so many other effective weapons out there that aren't merely physical...

"Darkness is something I refuse to embrace. I have seen its evil and what it does to one. You may use your sorceror's work on my lightsaber but it means nothing to me, it is just a tool. A tool that shows I am a Jedi. Trust me, you have never encountered a Jedi like me before...never!"

With the word still on his breath he vanished. He was one with the Force, much like the death of many Jedi Masters, except one small difference. His Essence still in the room alive and churning about. Anyone with the Force could feel him in the room but trying to grab him was like trying to pick up water in your hand. It just went through it. It was something unexplained......

The voice of the Shadow Jedi spoke,"Once again Your Darkness, I have you in a akward position. You not being able to attack me physically, but trust me, I CAN and WILL if neccesary use Force against you. All I want is my people...that is if they wish to come or it is too late to save them."

After saying that his form appeared back in the room and stood before Graysith.

"Right now I really wish you no harm, that will come at another time. I just want what is needed."

[ 12-04-2001 07:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shadow Jedi ]

--------------------

"I feel like I'm in that f***ed up bar in Star Wars. I'm Han Solo and your Chewy"

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-04-2001 05:11 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla was shocked to find her wounds healed, and even more surprised that the Sith Sorceror, and not her Teacher, was the one who delivered the healing.

"This is not a final chance to redeem yourself. This is but one small step along the way."

She understood, and he knew that she did. Walking through the pathway in which she had been directed, only momentarily looking back to him, Shayla stepped right into the very chambers of Graysith. As the pathway closed behind her, Shayla quietly took her place at Graysith's side, still too humilited by her recent wrong to look the other in the face. But this guy...

Cocking her head at him, Shayla arched a questioning eyebrow, crossing her arms and waiting...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Maladius

Evil

Member # 138

posted 12-04-2001 06:46 PM     Profile for Maladius   Author's Homepage   Email Maladius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He hung from the shadows, coiled in a dark ball, his very being nothing but the fantastic stuff that nightmares are made of. Through him, HE watched. Through him, THEY clamored. He clenched and unclenched his clawed fists which were no more corporeal than a stormcloud, yet encompassed more energy and power than they ever could. Of the Force, beyond the Force, in more than total command of it for it in itself was but a mere portion of the ALL which with he was so intimate, he hung there, partially visible to the naked eye, the majority of his essence slithering back into a Somewhere incomprehensible to sentient beings, completely safe from any mere lightside attack, from any threat by anything other than true Sith.

He looked down, outward, an extension of the shadows, his being their being, observing for HIM, drooling and slitting his eyes in expectation of the inevitable. Watching as this idiotic pale thing who yammered beneath him spouted inanities, incorrectly believing he could actually penetrate the shielding the One Belonging To HIM had erected about herself.

That She was completely safe from any advance he might make was a given. But the fact remained that this ridiculous one continued to annoy Her, even though given every opportunity to depart in peace on more important missions.

HE was going to be sorely displeased with this one... SORELY displeased....

[ 12-04-2001 06:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Maladius ]

Posts: 47 | From: | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.200.42
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-04-2001 06:48 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What manner of madness is this?! Shayla wondered, irritated that she had been completely ignored.

Uncrossing her arms, Shayla tossed them out in front of her and threw her head back.

"Here! Here am I, Shayla Petrolu!" Now looking him dead in the eye, arms still outstreched, she asked, "Does this look like one who wants to be saved?"

[ 12-04-2001 07:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-04-2001 07:07 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith remained calm in the face of this flighty youngster who thought he had her over a barrel. While her eyes were quiet, the Glyph a violet shadow upon her forehead, it was all she could do to refrain from laughing aloud.

My, my! she thought to herself, slyly allowing her thoughts to enter into the simple mind of the self-righteous jedi before her. What contradictions this one spouts! So "light" is he, to come here before me, clearly seeking to fight, a fight I instigate not, and over a purpose which is nonexistent? So blind is he, not to recognize that NOTHING can penetrate the chronotic shielding I have placed about myself, for that is the warp and woof of the universe and the materials of which it is made. NOTHING is beyond that, not even the Force which he carries as such a banner before him; does he not realize that other than matter and energy, NOTHING exists? NOTHING.

Yet, somehow, with the use of this "nothing," he feels he has me quaking in my boots.

Quaking indeed. Now she smiled sweetly, and crossed her arms calmly. Quaking from laughter!

And such theatrics; the simple transformation into invisibility is nothing I cannot do myself.

For a brief moment she debated whether to follow suite and render herself nothing more than an extension of the All, as he had done to himself but in regards to but a portion of it, that being the Force... and then she thought better of it.

Why reduce myself to his level? she thought as a glint of amusement came into her eye. Such a waste of energy, and indeed too much has been wasted here already.

With that, she spoke up at last. "You are simply wasting your time if you desire battle with me. Such is foreordained to assure your loss... and would thus be a mere waste of energy and time."

Now she waved a hand toward the padawan... toward her adept... who stood beside her. "Here is the One who desires not to depart from my side. Distasteful though this might seem to you or others of your ilk, it is her decision to make. To force her from me against her will is to adhere to the Dark Side yet again, oh foolish one... and I am certain you do not wish to do that."

She paused meaningfully, allowing a wealth of suggestions to fall into that brief silence. Then she continued.

"I will repeat myself, jedi, that you do waste your time here. And there is the matter of your compatriot, the Jedi Poliani... who at this time is drawing close to the corona of a blue giant star.

"I suggest you devote yourself to rescuing her; there is yet time if you apply yourself. And now, I'm afraid my Adept and I must bid you adieu. It is time for us to dine...

"Unless, of course, you would care to join us? My Dark Heart should be arriving momentarily... and I am quite certain he is looking forward to meeting you with the...greatest expectation."

[ 12-04-2001 07:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.200.42
Shadow Jedi

Broken Back Button

Member # 139

posted 12-04-2001 07:27 PM     Profile for Shadow Jedi   Author's Homepage   Email Shadow Jedi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The woman who stood before his seemed to be unthreatened at all by what he had performed. Even his disappering act did nothing, I don't think she quite understood what he was....something told him that she had a completely wrong idea about him...

"Before you go, I must say something. Do not underestimate me, I have not underestimated you. If you don't watch you will be taught a vauluable lesson. Your dark ways are nothing. The Dark Side is easy to come by and its power is no stronger than that of the Light. The weak ones rely on the Dark Side. You are nothing but a weak person with a hard shell. Now I shall also be leaving now to save a fellow Jedi, but trust me I will be back..."

A silence held in the air as the two looked at each other. Graysith not intimidated at all by him just stared him down as he kept a devilish grin on his face.

"You don't know as much as you 'think' you know...lessons are still to be taught."

With a big grin and a wink he left leaving nothing behind him....

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-04-2001 08:31 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith stood in silence, still calm, yet somehow... disturbed by the parting words shot to her by this mysterious being.

Perhaps he was correct at that, she mused to herself as, placing an arm about Shayla's shoulders, she turned toward the door. Perhaps I did underestimate this one... if only a bit. Strange that he seems to adhere to the light, strange that he claims kinship with the jedi...

...yet he enters the Temple and seeks battle of his own instigation. Perhaps there is more to him than meets the eye....

But--! If any "lessons" are to be learned, they will be by him. Clearly he is unaware that I do not encompass merely the Dark, or merely just the Force alone, for that matter...

...as does he. Lightness he wields... yet I can clearly sense the darkness in him.

For only a moment more she pondered this apparent discrepency... then dismissed it to the back of her mind to mull over at her leisure. Now was the time to break her fast; she was certain Shayla was as ravenous as she suddenly realized she was herself.

The use of the All has it's demands....

Turning to Shayla, she spoke up with a smile. "I see my Sire has finally found approval in you, although I am certain he awaits justification for that so magnanimously bestowed upon you. Let us go partake of breakfast this morning, and discuss just where you are to go from here in your studies."

Still smiling, she left her quarters with an arm still about Shayla's shoulders. But even as they moved through the temple's corridors, she could not prevent her thoughts from straying back to the mysterious and self-assured stranger who had burst in upon them so oddly...

...and who had departed in a manner equally as odd.

[ 12-04-2001 08:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.200.39
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-04-2001 09:29 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla furrowed her brows at the departing young man, still somewhat disgusted with being ignored, even more perplexed by him.

Something about him seemed familiar...

She frowned even more as she tried to place him. Shayla was twenty-two; she had been training at the Praxeum til she was the age of sixteen...

Was it possible she had encountered him before, in that Lifetime of hers that was now melding with what she sought to yet become?

"I see my Sire has finally found approval in you, although I am certain he awaits justification for that so magnanimously bestowed upon you," Graysith said, her arm about Shayla's shoulders. "Let us go partake of breakfast this morning, and discuss just where you are to go from here in your studies."

That brief acknowledgement of Shayla's learning, along with words spoken only a few moments before, "My Adept..."

Indeed Shayla's little declaration of her desire to remain here, in the Sith Temple, was the first of many steps to redeemption. Redeemption...and the self-actualization of what indeed she could be, of what indeed she would be a part of.

Knowledge NOT only for Knowledge's sake, but so that the Knowledge could serve the greater good; A greater good which would be determined by looking at the Big Picture, the service of which would be determined by that which would best accomadate the Need at hand.

Leaving her thoughts behind for only the moment, Shayla moved along the hallways of the Sith Temple with her Teacher, glad yet humbled to be allowed the Grace to yet again be at her side...

[ 12-04-2001 09:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Shadow Jedi

Broken Back Button

Member # 139

posted 12-04-2001 10:22 PM     Profile for Shadow Jedi   Author's Homepage   Email Shadow Jedi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He stood keeled over in the middle of a forest on Khar Delba, the pain was sharp and something he felt sometimes when around those with Dark Powers. While Graysith and Shayla may use both sides of the Force the part of the dark side they did use brought out something in him. Something he was trying keep held back his whole life.

The Shadow Jedi, whose real name was Cear Eliam was not born of a normal birth. While on Courascant many years ago Jedi Master Luke Skywalker came across a part of the old Jedi Temple that held the Jedi during the prime of the New Republic. In the wing he was in the only thing that could be found was a small cube which resembled the Jedi Holocron Skywalker held so dear. This of course was no ordinary Holocron, it was something that held a large Force essence in it. It seems when the Sith War happened with Exar Kun many Jedi feared that the Jedi could be lost forever if not perserved in some other way. To prevent that from happening when the death of many Jedi happened on fourth moon of Yavin their essence was put into this Jedicron. It contained many different Masters, Knights, and some padawans in it. Something was not entirely right in it though. Apparently not only had the Jedis' essence been put in to the Jedicron but some of the Manassi and Dark Jedi had been stored in there somewhere. Without knowing this all Luke Skywalker opened Pandora's box and created from that was a young boy...a young boy who was terribly strong in the Force and could already weild it when created. He was the virgin birth of the Force. While there was some dark in him he was almost all light but the dark struggled against the light in many times in his life...his life would have to be one of control and sacrifice.

This was not the first time he had felt this, he had felt this one other time, he had felt it in the presence of a Dark Jedi by the name of Lamech. The dark tried to bring out the dark. Control was needed...

He casually shoved his pain away and focused his thoughts on where Cella maybe. He searched through the Force and felt her distant and weak crys. Something was not entirely right with her...Graysith must have done something to her. Jeroc was not going to be happy.

Cear ran swiftly to where he had landed his craft. The sleek black X-Wing sat there on the ground right where he had left it. Of course there had been a few modifications......

--------------------

Cella Poliani

Member # 115

posted 12-04-2001 11:03 PM     Profile for Cella Poliani   Author's Homepage   Email Cella Poliani     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cella Poliani, wake yourself!

The voice was familiar, but unconciousness was still sweet, and the Jedi woman still needed replenishment. Cella barely stirred on the deck of the ship.

Cella Poliani, wake yourself! Now you are in danger! Stir yourself, awake, arise!

In a split second, Cella was on her feet. She was in a strange ship she didn't recognize...and she was nowhere near Khar Delba. Gods and ancestors, I have been too long asleep! The price of my laxity...

She dashed to the cockpit, and to her horror, saw a flaming blue star blossoming in the viewport. Sith bitch! She did this to me! Her Force grown more powerful with fury, she yanked at the fuel feeds running to the engines, and the thrusters began to lose momentum and eventually died, mere klicks from the gravity well of the blue star. Finally, she dared to exhale.

To make matters worse, she had no idea where she was. The navcomp was totally melted, and the computer was not responding to her. From the constellations, she guessed she was somewhere near the Senex Sector, albeit in a less-traveled spacelane.

Cella groaned and began tinkering with the distress beacon, trying to find a way to get it to transmit. She tried to contact Jeroc, but the sense of him was very faint. Jeroc, I'm not in the Temple anymore. That...that...SHE tried to fling me into a star. I managed to stop her...but I'm floating in space like a dead Hutt. She felt Jeroc's anger and worry, only slightly blunted by distance, and promised to keep in touch with him, telling him to remain focused on the Nar Khelba.

Oddly enough, there was another vaguely familiar awareness reaching out for her, a young male, but not Logan. And an ally. Was it...?

Cella, unbidden, thought back to the not-long-past days of her youth...a young man of dark handsomeness, sparring with her Jeroc. Even then, her heart had belonged to the Jedi Master alone, but the young man--Cear Eliam had been his name--and she had been friends. It felt like him...Tentatively, she reached out. Who are you?

[ 12-04-2001 11:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Cella Poliani ]

Posts: 76 | From: see Rogue Angel | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 172.147.253.71
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-05-2001 01:22 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla sat at the table in the Dining Hall, eating things right and left. She'd been healed all right, but the emotional strain had still taken its toll on her body systems, draining them.

As she sat there, she couldn't help but hear through her link with Thea, Good bye Shayla-you would have been a good Jedi.

With that, the little girl was quiet. The link was still there...her resignation over Shayla's decision would not hamper that, something great would have to happen to sever it.

Shayla couldn't help but let a little smile escape her, follwed by a mental Ok, whatever that went not through her link with Thea but to that of her Teacher, who would understand its meaning.

Then, proceeding to get another good helping of food, Shayla countinued to eat.

[ 12-05-2001 01:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.77
Shadow Jedi

Broken Back Button

Member # 139

posted 12-05-2001 04:56 PM     Profile for Shadow Jedi   Author's Homepage   Email Shadow Jedi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shadow's very darkgray almost black X-wing was hard to notice in deep space. He had meant for it to be that way. It would only look like a shadow in space, nothing much more than that, just a shadow. It passed you and you are pretty sure you just saw something, you're just not sure what.

His fighter pulled up closer to the ship that hung dead in space. He could feel a strong presence of Polani inside the ship. Her presence was much more stronger than what he had felt on Khar Delba, and not just because he was closer. She had awakened herself from unconciousness. He felt her reach out to him. Who are you?

He reached back and talked back through the Force. I beleive you know who I am. For she had seen him many times at the temple sparring with Jeroc and many others. She didn't not know him like many of the other Jedi that were in the temple because Cear seemed to keep to himself and avoid the other Jedi.

Help is on the way Cella. I called in some Jedi friends

In the middle of his sentance a large New Republic fleet appeared out of Hyperspace. Cear could feel Cella's joy as she noticed whose fleet it was. It was none other than General Noric. The man had a history with Jeroc, not a bad one of course. Friends of the Jedi, Noric will probably always be. It was no wonder that it was him who showed up.

"Well Jedi," Noric said over the comm unit to Cear "It seems the coordinates you gave us were right. We're gonna pull both you and Cella back into my flagship. Oh and don't be alarmed by the troops when you get out. Their just precaution. I know you'll understand though. We do know who put Cella in that ship and we're not taking any chances."

"I highly doubt there'll be any suprises. I don't think Graysith's beef is with the New Republic. But we can of course discuss all this later. I hope you have some Whyren's Reserve on that ship of yours..."

--------------------

Cella Poliani

Member # 115

posted 12-05-2001 05:52 PM     Profile for Cella Poliani   Author's Homepage   Email Cella Poliani     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A scream escaped from Cella's dry throat as she realized what had happened to Thea...THEA!!! Oh, sweet little girl, we never should have taken you away from the Praxeum. Baby, I'm coming to get you. She sent strength and fortitude Thea's way, willing her to resist the fearsome Sith that had her in his grasp.

Cear, there is another thing... She sent him a mental image of a pale Thea, snatched away from Logan by the Sith Lord she had met on Khar Delba. Obviously this was meant to be a double, or even a triple strike by the Sith. I am glad beyond words that you and Noric are here...but I will have to call in an old favor or two. In the meanwhile...can you tell Noric to get a move on? She added a tinge of good humor to those words, to blunt the urgency and fear filling her mind.

You and I have some planning to do...

Posts: 76 | From: see Rogue Angel | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 172.156.36.3
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 12-05-2001 08:00 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I frown, my saffron eyes alighting with nuclear fires as I sense the approach of myriad ships, all bent on saving the one my... Brother has chosen to take. Not that I don't completely understand and concur with His reasoning, but as with all events in the galaxy, timing is everything.

That His timing was less than impeccable leaves something to be desired; once more I frown in something bordering disgust.

These blasted jedi, again flitting about like gleeberflies, annoyingly nipping and nibbling and drawing their tiny bits of blood when and where they can....

Be that as it may, something must be done to hold off their mounting attack. Certain... implements crucial to the Resurrection yet exist within these stone walls; until I can send them on where my other magickal devices are they must not be threatened.

And of greater importance... NEITHER MUST SHE.

I smile a bit to myself, as I realize they think She is behind it all... She who has found such exquisite balance in the All. Poppycock! True she can act from the darkside, as can we all, but I have found her to do so only as direly necessary. Time and again she let the light within rise against that; time and again these pale fools refuse to see that grace.

For a moment I feel the Darkness rising within me, like magma within the depths of the earth, hot and begging eruption. Then I heave a sigh, and let it subside. Now is not the time for this, either.

Calming myself, I enter the Dining Hall where She breaks her fast with the young woman. Both look up in a casual manner as I enter; the One I Have Chosen sends a smile in my direction that challenges the flaring Glyph for its brilliance. Then they truly behold the Look I bear, and sober immediately.

I say nothing, just tilt my horned head back to where the computer is weeping behind the wall.

"Determine the reason yourself, my One," I whisper in a deep voice.

A small and startled expression passes fleetingly over Her face, and she rises gracefully. Approaching the back wall, she lays a pale hand upon it, the dark within her touching the darkness there, and it opens. The yammering computer yammers louder.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? WHERE IS THE DARK LORD? I've been calling and calling--"

It stills its protests as the Daughter approaches, speaking calm words to it, taking in the data which rapidly begins to scroll across its primary monitor. At length she turns to me, her lips pursed, a frown now creasing her features.

"I know not of this latest deed, nor do I know where He has taken the child," She murmurs. "They will not listen, my Sire... what--"

I reach a clawed hand out to her. "Come, my Chosen Daughter, and assist me with the Strength you carry. I have enough in me to channel it... I will not be able to hold it indefinitely, but I will be able to do thus until He returns to the Temple."

She makes no protest, no responding remark, but merely bows her head in acquiescence. Coming forward to me, she places both her slim hands in my hot and clawed ones, closing her eyes to let her being move aside that mine may enter within her. As contact is made, the ultraviolet radiance of the Glyph is supplanted by a brilliant ruby red; fires raven from her forehead, up and out, passing through the walls of the Temple, passing through the very atmosphere, once there spreading out upon the wind to encompass the entire world in a chronotic shield through which no matter or energy can pass. Not even the true Sith... surely my Brother is somewhere in hiding on Khar Delba.... Not even the sun's rays can pass through the shielding; my vision begins to dim, even as I realize the heat from this Event shall keep this equatorial region warmed for a period of time... at least until my Brother returns...

Fading now... contact around me nothing but red, brilliant and beautiful red... I spread out with my magicks, trusting in Her to watch over the corporeal body I leave behind, not even feeling as she removes her hands from mine....

[ 12-05-2001 08:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.204
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-05-2001 08:36 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Glyph flared down from blazing flame back to its violet splendor as the Chosen Daughter turned from the silent Sith Sorcerer. For a moment her eyes darted back and forth between the ominous form and the wall behind her, where Jinn yet continued to spout tales of woe concerning the approach of jedi and fleets. Then her violet gaze settled upon Shayla, who had remained frozen in utter surprise throughout the entire happenings which unfolded so rapidly, so unexpectedly.

It is because I took this One that all is occurring, she thought to herself. My pride and vanity has caused this threat... although what my Dark Heart has up his sleeve yet remains to be seen.

But This One...

Drawing in a deep breath as though to brace herself against an impending act highly distasteful to her, she took one step toward Shayla... another...

...and stopped.

No, no! I cannot! How can I? She is Sister to me... she is all who ever heeded my words, who placed her trust in me even as did my Sire...

Suddenly she reached out, clasping the by now utterly startled Shayla to her. She buried her face against her adept's shoulder, squeezing her tightly.

"My sister..." she breathed in the barest murmur. Then she drew back, holding Shayla at arm's length.

"It will soon be too dangerous for you here, my friend," she stated, struggling to remain calm. "If anything should happen to you as a result of my arrogance, I couldn't bear it.

"Quickly!" Now drawing Shayla by one hand, she moved back, away from the dining table, into a part of the room where there was space to maneuver. Closing her eyes, she concentrated. Once more, the Glyph flared in wondrous Light. Once more, Something seemed to reach out from... Somewhere Else, and a roiling coil of blackness formed from the very molecules of the air in the Dining Hall.

Graysith pointed, giving Shayla an urgent little push. "Go, my Adept," she urged, indicating the looming Elseness which writhed like a live thing. "I have opened a pathway through the All which can depart from this place. I must remain behind with my Sire, and wait for my Dark Heart's return. But you..."

She paused, tossing her head angrily to fling away the sudden tears coming into her violet eyes. Supressing a gulp, she firmed and hurried on.

"At the end of this Portal you will find...him. The one you love. Go quickly; use your talents, and therein you shall also find transportation from the hidden place. Hurry, my sister; I know not how long my Sire can maintain the shielding about Khar Delba."

With that she flung her arms about Shayla, hugging her fiercely to her. Then she stepped back, blinking back the renewed rush of tears that flooded hot and painfully into her eyes....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.204
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-05-2001 09:36 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Finding tears in her own eyes, worried as to what the fate may be of this wonderful place in which she had learned so much, where she had found One who cared about her so deeply, one she proudly called Sister, Teacher.

Firming and blinking away her own tears, Shayla said to Graysith. "I will do as you say. But I will not stray far. Those who try to cause you harm...I will have my eyes upon them. You shall not be disappointed with this One."

Giving Graysith a hug, Shayla turned to the opening of Elseness, only momentarily looking back. "When the time is right, I shall again return to complete my training," she said finally.

Stepping into the Elseness, tears still in her eyes, Shayla was only in the void of time for a fraction of a second. When she stepped out, she found herself in a prisoner's hold. She cocked her head, remembering Graysith's words.

"At the end of this Portal you will find...him"

Proceeding to one of the cells, unsure of how she knew where to go other than because of the strong link she had with him, Shayla opened the door to the cell, finding his hunkered form in the corner of the room. His head was down, and the despair radiating from him was almost painful for her to share with him.

But she did.

Looking up, suddenly shocked to feel her presence in this solitary place, Erik's deep brown eyes turned dark, as if he were unsure whether this was yet another cruel dream or reality. Walking to him and squatting, she reached out a hand and touched his face. Immediately, he raised his hand to touch hers, and she leaned in to give him a long and full kiss on the lips.

There was much he needed yet to understand. And the journey ahead would be a difficult one that he would most certainly be unsure of. But she had given her word, and she refused to let harm befall her Sister. He would understand, she hoped. But it would take time. And if he did NOT understand...well, then she would do what she must.

Their lips parting, Shayla looked into his eyes, "We must go, quickly. My teacher and her commrades are in danger."

He furrowed his brow at her, looking confused by her reference to the others.

"You cannot understand, not yet. Maybe in time. But you must take my word. I owe her much; this is but a small part of the debt which I desire to repay."

Nodding, he stood, and he followed her out...

Out to where she didn't know, but she did...

Out to a ship, awaiting her...

...a Sith ship with specialized powers that would aid her greatly in that which she wished to accomplish.

Finding that the hatch opened at her command, she took him inside with her. Sitting in the nav seat, Shayla gazed upon the controls, her destination already decided, her mind made up about what she had to do. Arching her eyes at the strange writing upon the board, Shayla knew this would be somewhat of a trial and error" sort of thing.

But, Shayla was a pilot, and she knew that if Graysith thought she could do it, that she could.

Goodness, Shayla Petrolu! Learn to have some faith in yourself!

Shayla gazed at the navboard of the dead little ship a bit longer, noticing the city lights in the viewport. Deciding to go by the design of the ship rather than the writing...that she'd get a little better at once she figured out the more essential things, Shayla went to work.

Some things jumped out at her immediately; the typical positioning of a hyperspace lever, the probable location of some other odds and ends.

As time stood still--she might have been there an hour or a day--Shayla found herself flying the ship in the atmosphere, to spacelines, to space itself. In only a few more moments, she'd retrieved her current coordinates and had programmed her intended coordinates into the little ship's unusual navcomputer. With an impressive ease, the sleek ship slipped off into hyperspace.

Onward they traveled, to a destination only known by her, and only to ever be found out by a few others until the time was right...

[ 12-05-2001 11:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.77
Maladius

Evil

Member # 138

posted 12-06-2001 12:27 AM     Profile for Maladius   Author's Homepage   Email Maladius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A slow and oily darkness begins to pool upon the cieling above the shadow jedi, dimming the light, alerting him too late...

The impish and hedious form drops, oozing from the shadows of which it was a part, incorporeal dreamstuff manifested into brief and solid flesh to commit a hienous and joyful duty.

Snarling, claws extended, grasping dancing shadows and carrying them down with him, he dropped from overhead, directly onto the staretled Cear, knocking him completely off his feet. Before the jedi could so much as blink, great and eager claws rip off his shirt, exposing the breadth of his smooth and muscled chest.

Bloodied eyes slit in anticipation, drool slobbers down and drips into the jedi's eyes as one sharpened talon reached down, stabbing, drawing in Sith fires that no Light Force had the strength to remove, Sith flames that no Dark Force had the desire to erase... using the jedi's chest as a living canvas and tracing there deeply and wrenchingly in flames and blood while the shadowed man writhed in uncontrollable pain beneath the solid touch of utter and pure evil...

...enscribeing there words to never depart from his flesh.

Then, the black lips take on deepely purplish hues, the eyes penetrate deep into Cear's soul, flashing a brilliant torquois of a sudden, then revert to red...

...and the essence of pure evil explodes into shards of dancing flame on his chest and disappears, taking the shadows, leaving the Sithly tattoo on Cear's body for all eternity:

"BEWARE. THE DARK LORD COMETH."

Posts: 47 | From: | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.205.79

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05