my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Haunters of the Dark (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Haunters of the Dark
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-12-2001 11:24 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Trotting along in the Khar Delban jungle, the rest of the group behind him, Aaron had to wonder why exactly he’d decided to come along on this trip. Eagle Enterprises would be fine without him for a while; it was about time some founders of the company did their part. He guessed it also had to do with the fact that the whole thing boiled down to bailing out a few guys that he’d come to respect. Granted, he and Terrin didn’t always agree, but they’d been business partners for about four years and Terrin had done a lot for the company. Terrin had tended to stay to himself, and only recently had Aaron begun to really get to know him. Perhaps they’d all grown up a lot since they’d started the company, Aaron knew he had, and from what he’d seen from Terrin lately, he was certain the same was true for him.

Finally entering a clearing, Aaron shoved his thoughts aside and prepared for whatever lay ahead. He was fairly certain that the camp was the group's, and Galen confirmed that since she’d been there before. But they couldn’t be sure what they’d find, so he kept his hand on his blaster and himself alert.

As he came into the clearing, he found three guys waiting hopefully, their own hands on blasters—excepting one who had his on what appeared to be a lightsaber hilt.

And no Terrin.

Aaron let out a sigh. “Don’t shoot,” he said, waving empty hands in the air. “It’s Aaron Barnes.”

“You’d better be damn glad it is,” Jasyn’s voice replied as they got closer to the camp.

“Thought you might need a little assistance. Where’s Terrin?”

Matt let out a big sigh. “He and Jasyn were attacked by a Noghri when we were trying to get in the Temple. The Noghri knocked Jasyn out and went trucking off with Terrin. We’ve been trying to get in the Temple since, we even managed, but we nearly got ourselves killed in the process, so we decided to back out and find another way. We were just suggesting that maybe we should request audience with this Graysith, since she doesn’t seem to like our sneaking around.” Then, realizing he’d yet to introduce the Jedi, “This, by the way,” he explained, motioning to the Jedi Master, “Is Jedi Master Jeroc Mahoy. He’s been helping us...”

Matt froze midsentence, staring stupidly at the last person that had arrived out of the group of reinforcements.

Jasyn was looking that way as well, his eyes wide. “We thought you were...” he started, pointing to the Temple. “How....???” There he paused, still looking pretty wide-eyed at Galen, trying to figure this little anamoly out. “Oh to Hell with the whys and hows,” he finally said. “Glad to have you back, and glad you brought reinforcements. Now we just might have a shot at getting to Terrin and getting the Hell off this rock.”

“That is,” Matt interjected, “If we can get into the Temple again.”

[ 12-13-2001 01:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.37
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 12-14-2001 04:30 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jeroc sighed. "Gods, what a relief. Galen, it's great to see you safe and sound. One less person we have to get out of the Temple," he said with a faint smile to let her know he was kidding around. He really was very glad to see her alive, and let her know it. She was very resourceful and would no doubt be of help in getting Terrin and the Nar Khelba.

"As Matt said, we've already tried the stealth approach. But Graysith will always know we're trying to get in, so we might as well try to face off with her." The Jedi Master bit his lip.

"The question is, how effective will that be? Would it be prudent for one of us to charge in, causing a distraction, while the other retrieves the Nar Khelba? If we were to do that, I'd like to have the aid of my padawan, who knows something of the layout of the Temple, having been a prisoner there himself. But your input is important to me. If we are to make a plan, everyone has to contribute."

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 216.229.213.177
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-14-2001 06:23 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I looked at the Jedi standing before me, relief so evident in his honest gaze... and quite suddenly all the perceived grudges I thought I held against him evaporated like mist before sunlight. I reached quickly out with both of my hands, taking his up in mine.

"I don't think you can ever be as relieved as me that I'm standing here," I said earnestly, looking directly into his eyes and silently offering apology for my previous bad behavior toward him and Cella. "And thank you for joining with us in this endeavor."

I then let his hand drop from my grasp, and pursed my lips in thought, my mind churning. At length I looked up at the assembled men.

"Look," I began a little hesitantly. "I'm really not sure if it's going to be as simple as we think getting this Nar Kelba from her. I do think it is of dire importance to get this thing out of the hands of the Sith, though; Khaandon help any Jedi cut down with a lightsaber holding it."

I paused a minute at that, my thoughts now flashing back to my escapades with Sorben when he too was after that fantastic gem. We had come so close to victory... only to have it snatched from us and delivered into the greedy clutches of Darth Wicked. We in turn had fled as far as we could from this place, washing our hands of it, highly relieved to be alive.

And now, here I was again. Same song, second verse....

I sighed. "I've been tossing all sorts of ideas around in my head as to how we can actually get our hands on the thing, but to no success. I keep coming back to the, well... gut certainty that it's probably being held really close to either Wicked, or to this-- this Graysith. It's going to be extremely dangerous to get physically hold of it; I was really hoping that you would be able to come up with a solid idea, Master Mahoy."

I turned to the Jedi at that, blinking hopefully. For a moment longer I stood there, chewing on my lip. Then I finished with, "I do think I'll be able to get us into the Temple, though; however, I do agree with you. I know my sis-- that is, I know Graysith. She is, well... very self-assured of herself and her abilities, so much so that to her we're probably no more than little worrts."

I curled my lip as I finished that statement, though from disgust or despair I wasn't quite certain. Gulping a bit, I hurried on.

"Sneaking around is only going to annoy or anger her, I think. It's obvious she isn't going to reach out and just snatch us like... like that, that thing did me and the girl...." I let my voice trail off into a momentary blank-eyed stare, shuddering at the awful memory. Then I shook myself once again, and focused on the men.

"Maybe we need to feed her ego a little bit. Maybe if we formally request audience, she might deign to grant it. I mean, to her we couldn't possibly entertain any real threat. So maybe if we just go along with this, make her aware that we in turn are aware of her powers and mastery over us, she'll let us in. Once in, while she's busy gloating in our ego-stroking, maybe we can find the opportunity to grab the gem and get out of there.

"And if not actually able to get it, perhaps at least we might find a way to... to eliminate her."

I wound down my little soliloquy. It was full of so many ifs and maybes that I'm sure it wouldn't pass muster. But at the moment, I really didn't have anything solid to offer.

Other than a niggling little gut feeling that there really WAS something I could do physically... if I could only finish figuring out how in Hell's Seven Circles that prison I had been thrown into opened to release me. Somehow, I just knew I had instigated it... if I could just determine HOW....

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.211
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 12-15-2001 12:27 AM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jeroc nodded. "Graysith seems to me like someone with a high opinion of herself. And she definitely enjoys people paying homage to her. I mean, Cella tried to get around her that way..."

He paused, realizing the import of his words. "And then got flung halfway across the galaxy and nearly shot into a star for her pains." Jeroc shuddered.

"But you are right. Her pride is her flaw, and something we obviously need to use against her. She is strong in the Force...but she thinks us so unworthy that she won't loose her full arsenal on us. Just because I'm not a dark sider, doesn't mean I'm incompetent."

"However, I don't think that all of us should go in there requesting audience. We at least need a few folks to stay out here in the jungle and act as backup if anything goes wrong. And there's a definite possibility that something might go wrong."

--------------------

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.158.189.200
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-15-2001 10:36 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Well, throw "We don't need no stinkin' Jedi" out of your repertoire of sarcastic lines, Jasyn thought to himself as Galen and Master Mahoy mulled over a plan.

A risky plan, but just maybe...

He wondered exactly how Galen thought she could get them into the Temple without the stealth approach. Something told him he didn't have to know, that he should just shut his mouth and go along with it for once. Galen had more experience in this area than he ever hoped to have.

"Allright," Matt finally said, breaking the momentary silence, "I'm thinking a few of us should go in, along with the Jedi. And Jasyn is better at this stuff than I am, so the Jedi, Jasyn, and Galen should go. I'll stay behind with our reinforcements and be ready for a counter-strike, should one be needed."

"Yeah," Jasyn said, nodding. "That way we have back up if we need it. Only I hope we don't need it. We don't know where she has Terrin, but I'm betting she's got him well-guarded wherever he is. Something tells me, although I'm not a Force-user, that this very well may be a battle of logic rather than the Force. This lady has some powers I can't even begin to understand, although I admit I don't even understand the Force that well. What I have, and what we all have to rely on, is our mind. When all else fails, it's going to be the one thing you can count on, so long as you trust it"

Matt nodded, as well as some of the others.

"Okay then. Let's do it."

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.216
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 12-15-2001 05:31 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The shadows in the great hall began to humm and dance once more as the sith flame rose out of the floor. The flames swayed as they received their cloaked master once more home.
The Dark Lord stepped out seeing his brother in a deep trance knowing that the strain was great. He released some of his masked energies through the all to touch his dark heart makeing her aware of his return.

The game had been set, the pawns in their places; it was only a matter of time. His clawed hands reached up to remove his hood from his horned head. He could feel his dark heart, she wasn't far from him. He looked to his brother as the familiar scampering of Maladius could be heard in the hallway.

"I have returned my brother, we merely await my chosen one...."

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.2.244.33
Maladius

Evil

Member # 138

posted 12-15-2001 05:38 PM     Profile for Maladius   Author's Homepage   Email Maladius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The dark demon drifet in and out of the shadows that continuously surrounded him. His claws scratched at the stoned floor as he scampered to were his masters heart was dealing with a small....problem. He payed no attention to her snarling pets as he lithly jumped into the shadows of the wall. His tail beat in time to his own dark heart and his blood red eyes pierced through the blackness.

"Daughter, he has returned...." he hissed.

Posts: 47 | From: | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.2.244.33
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-15-2001 09:31 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith couldn't help but jump a little as the dark words from the demonic creature tore her concentration from where Terrin Danner still remained sitting on the floor. Off to the side, M'wonBo'o grumbled deeply; toward exactly who he was aiming his disapproval at the moment the Chosen Daughter couldn't tell. She tilted her head in the direction of the shadowy Maladius.

"Yes, I felt his return," she uttered smoothly, repressing the shudder that sought release as her violet eyes bore directly into the uncanny being's bloody ones. Then she offerred no more comment, but dismissed Maladius entirely, turning again to Terrin.

"How lucky you are, Mr. Danner," she purred, her eyes slitting in self-satisfaction at the discomforting look which wafted across his face. "You're about to meet the Master of the Temple. Few have been so graced; let us see if he likewise graces you with the permission to depart from this place... once your purpose is served, of course... with your life."

With those foreboding words she turned and glided from him, not even waiting to determine who, if anyone, stepped in to continue watching over this man. She fully knew, as did he, that the presence of a physical gaoler was nothing but a mere redundancy. There was no way this man could bring harm to her or to any of her minions, let alone escape.

Her step wraithlike, she moved gracefully to where Roan stood contemplating Aelvedaar, who was still straining to hold the shield over the planet. Gliding to a halt beside him, she reached out one pale hand to place it on his shoulder. "I have heard your summons, my Dark Heart, and have come," she murmured quietly; then, tilting her head in Aelvedaar's direction, she continued in an even quieter voice.

"He struggles, my Dark One, as... to a lesser extent... do I with the smaller shielding of my own devising. There is a New Republic fleet inbound to our system; at the last report from Jinn it is still in hyperspace some distance from here. It is impossible for Jinn to keep track with the shielding that is currently in place; thus we are uncertain as to its exact whereabouts at this particular moment.

"But," she went on, "that selfsame shielding protects us, as well as keeping trapped the wolves who yammer at our very door. Not to mention the pitiful...wolf cub who my dear M'wonBo'o keeps under tooth and claw at my desire." Here she waved offhandedly in the direction of the tuk'ata, who once again was crouched practically nose to nose with Terrin.

"This sad representative is one in whom my dear sister..." here her nose wrinkled in repugnancy..."holds a high esteem. In fact, I believe she-- she loves him." She paused infinitesimally, as though that very idea was one completely alien to her. Then she drew in a deep breath, and squeezed Roans muscled shoulder.

"What would you have me do, my Dark Heart?" she queried, then fell silent, waiting. Behind her, M'wonBo'o drooled a little, as though expecting a rare delicacy of sorts....

[ 12-15-2001 09:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.214
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 12-15-2001 10:41 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Roan turned to the chosen daughter, how good it would be to be done with these underlings.
He carressed her soft white cheek with a clawed hand his only consolation was that their time drew ever closer with each passing moment. He looked back to his brother straining from the effort of his shield. "Hold your position my brother their is one final pawn to retrieve." He made a gesture with his other muscular clawed hand and the sith danced around the sorcorer giving him a small boost of energy.

He turned once more to his dark heart, his eyes gazing deep within hers searching.
"Contact your adept," he said with a slight sneer, "the time draws nye and on this she WILL not fail." The last words held such menacing consicuences that it sent a chill through Graysith. She knew what would happen should her pupil fail in these matters. His gazed lightened once more as his hand grazed the back of her neck.

"Maladius," he hissed as he looked to the figure hovering around Terrin, "attend to my dark heart. I think it is time for a family reunion." His lips curled into an evil smile as the all wrapped around their Lord in flames and he disappeared.

The cold flames of the all once more flared in front of a dumfounded Galen as the sith lord easily attand his prize once more. He grabbed her pulling her to his hard muscular frame before allowing the flames to disappate leaving them in the blackness for the darkest depths of the all. "Hello again welp," his words mocked her as she was held motionless in his grasp. The more she struggled the tighter the grip until she could barly breath. Her back was to him and his cloak bound tightly around him. His icy breath was on her neck and his death black lips were wispering in her ear.

"You have played your part so very perfectly welp, setting off this chain of events even better then what my brother and I had anticipated. Your love, awaits you as does.... your sister...." The blackness faided to flames once more as the now nearly breathless and paralized Galen came face to face once more with The Chosen Daughter.

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 12-15-2001 11:13 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Aijdin!!" screamed Jaime.

The boy opened his eyes, and with a smle on his face, got to his feet.

"I knew you weren't asleep, you always do that. Come on, you're gonna make both of us late for class. You know Master Jesreel hates in when students are late," She said.

"Ok, I'm coming," He said. They started walking down the hallway toward the classroom.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

The hallway seemed the be getting longer. Aijdin couldn't move.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Everything was happening so fast. Jaime kept walking, talking as if Aijdin were still there.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Aijdin threw his hand forward, reaching for Jaime. "JAIME!!!"

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
(Other Dream, incase you're lost.)

Actar's eyes opened. He was sweating from head to toe.

Beeeep!

It was the alarm he had set to wake him up when he reached Khar Delba. He rose to his feet, walked to controls, and turned the alarm off. In front of him was Khar Delba. For some reason it felt.....wrong. "A chronotic shield...this wasn't here before," he whispered to himself.

He scanned the planet with his eyes, feeling the energy up and down the planet. The levels weren't as strong towards the poles. He used the ship to scan the north. "A hole," he said to himself, looking at the screen, "there's a tiny hole." He guided the ship, carefully to the north of the planet. He could sense the hole, and he guided his ship through, slowly.

Once inside he headed south. He remembered from when he was here last that the forests, and the temple, were near the equator. When he saw the forests he kept flying until he found the temple. He did a flyby, looking for somewhere to land, when he saw the camp. Someone other than Galen was here.

He sensed Graysith when he flew over the Temple. Not just her either, others like her. The thought passed through his mind that maybe he shouldn't have come...but only for a milisecond. He landed about 100 feet from the camp that was set up...

[ 12-15-2001 11:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Admiral Actar ]

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.147.167.208
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-15-2001 11:23 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terror. Stark, unadulterated terror.

No.. no... NO...NO...NO! NO! NO!!!

I froze completely at the unholy and completely unexpected touch of the Dark Lord of the Sith. Before I could so much as blink, let alone draw a breath to scream, I was once more engulfed in the hideous and hot embrace of this unmentionable being, his awful words hissing in my ear, surrounded by that terrible Nothing that was more of a something than even reality was. I remained like ice, too afraid to do anything, so terrorized that I would have stopped the beating of my own heart if I could, just to have that less of a commotion about my being to draw his attention.

Not that it would have helped... his attention was riveted on my person like a Toydarian's on his cashbox.

Then we were out of the worst of it... or so I thought. As the darkness receded around me, I found myself inside an extremely large and extremely dim room. So large that its perimeter was lost in the gloom. I had barely time to gather my bearings, when that demon from hell whispered gloatingly into my ear, something about my playing a part, and that my sister awaited...

My sister?!? WHAT sister! I HAVE NO SISTER....

But there she was, standing before me, looking for all the world like the Jharmeen I grew up with and loved so well. Her hair was still long and flaming red, she was still willowy... she did look a bit on the pale side.

But her eyes....

I sought now to struggle, to cringe away, to turn and flee from the horror holding me, from the even greater depths of horror I saw reflected in her eyes... and in the blood-red ones of an even more hideous creature who drooled and gibbered at her side. Tried with every straining muscle I owned, with every ounce of adrenalin in my body, to jerk out of the hot and clawed hands which held me so tightly...

...and found I couldn't move an inch. The only aspect of my being that worked was my own eyes, which were rapidly filling up with tears of comingled despair and grief and terror.

And then I saw him. Off in the background, laying flat upon the cold stones of the floor. That hellhound of hers hunkered over him like a rancor over a fresh kill; he lay there totally unmoving, his eyes closed.

Oh Khaandon, no no no NO NO NO NO NO!!! HE CANNOT BE DEAD!!!

Life would have no meaning if he were dead. At least not to me.

But I was yet not alone.

It was if that realization opened a door deep within me. Scarcely aware of it at all, a great and onrushing surge of anger and rage and hatred toward Jharmeen and this demon and that Beast and all the other dark users and dark beings who chattered and strove to keep happiness just dangling beyond my reach; a wave as unstoppable as the ocean's totally engulfed me from somewhere deep inside myself...

...and simply exploded into a dark and viscious life all its own.

NO!!! I cried out, flailing as I suddenly found my arms freed, suddenly found myself able to move...

...and suddenly found that Graysith and that imp beside her and the one who had held me...

YES! Who HAD held me!

...all exploded away from me as well, flying back and out as that unseen and unknown something reached out and casually flung them aside.

Deep, deep within my belly... Something moved briefly.

And I stood there, suddenly afraid no longer, suddenly aware that I had within me that which they did as well...

...as well as the knowledge that no harm would come to me or mine because of it.

I smiled sweetly, turning a complete circle to gain the attention of all, then striding over to stand protectively over Terrin. I felt his slight movements now, as though he was awakening from an unnatural sleep; I didn't dare take my eyes from those around me to tend to him.

Just standing there was enough.... judging by how that animal backed off from me, yowling.

"And now," I said, struggling still to keep the tremor from my voice, trying to eyeball them all at the same time. "You were saying something about an anticipated chain of events?"

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.188
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 12-15-2001 11:34 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"She's gone!"

A sick feeling gathered in the pit of Jeroc's stomach. "Yet another one taken into the Temple against her will..." Carefully, the Jedi Master touched the still-malleable mind of the babe. As far as he could tell it was unharmed...and it and its mother had better stay that way or the Sith would have hell to pay.

He turned to Matt and Jasyn. "Believe it or not, this might be the opener we need. If Graysith is preoccupied with Galen, we can get into the Temple and make a sort of mad dash for the Nar Khelba. I'll fit it into the lightsaber shell I've built, eliminate the Sith, and retrieve Danner and Galen. It's our best chance." Once more he moved into the forest, his lightsaber drawn.

"Who's with me?"

--------------------

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.153.208.29
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-15-2001 11:40 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Oh no. No, no, no. Not again. This can't be happening, Jasyn thought.

Just when you think you have everything down...

But then...the Jedi's point about this being their opening...

"You're right," Jasyn said, nodding. Let's get moving, all of us."

"All of us?" Aaron muttered.

"I want to know if another one of us is snagged, so we go together. Besides," he added, glancing at his scanner, "Someone just landed not far from here. You really think you want to camp out and find out who it is?"

"Uh, no." Aaron replied.

That said, Jasyn turned, along with the rest of the group, to follow the Jedi Master.

[ 12-16-2001 12:07 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.216
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-16-2001 12:08 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The flaming red hair of the Chosen Daughter of the Sith flew about her head in a shimmering nimbus as she was flung back by the primal forces ravening so unexpectedly into her. She didn't even have the time to raise any retaliatory protection so quickly was she struck by that unseen yet unimaginably powerful blast. Her head flung back, her violet eyes closing involuntarily as with a mighty whoosh that gigantic fist reached out from the very ether and struck her directly in her solar plexus, sending her flailing backwards, tripping over Terrin's inert form, her world a topsy-turvy kaleidoscope of tuk'ata and Nikk and Roan and a grimly smiling Galen as, her arms pinwheeling, she found herself heading straight down to the floor.

She landed hard, her breath ripped from her breast, her eyes squeezing shut with tears of pain as she struggled to make sense of all that was happening so very unexpectedly, and with lightning-fast rapidity. The last thing she could do in her frame of mind was maintain the chronotic shielding she had about the Dining Hall...

...which disappeared back into the Elseness from which it was generated.

Sensing imminent disaster, her tuk'ata turned his betendriled head to the unfeeling ceiling above them and howled in animalistic rage. Then he leapt to where she lay, growling threateningly, standing guard over her should anyone or anything dare try to harm her when she was down.

She could only lay there, stunned, hunkered beneath M'wonBo'o's protective and loyal form, and watch with vision rapidly dimming as Galen strode with growing confidence to where Terrin lay.

Across the room from her, her Dark Heart lay equally stunned.

The only one who remained aloof was Aelvedaar, who yet maintained his precarious hold on the chronotic shield which yet blanketed the dark and terrible world of Khar Delba.

[ 12-16-2001 05:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.188
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 12-16-2001 12:17 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin scrambled to his feet as that thing from Hell inexplicably was flung away from him by...

...by....

As he took in the room, trying to figure out this perplexity, trying to evaluate what had knocked him out for those few brief minutes, he saw her. And strangely, those two Sith were somehow cast away from her, not even touching her at the moment. And, upon further inspection, not even standing at the moment.

Suddenly feeling her certainty, knowing she possessed a strength they were not yet aware of...

...or maybe they were. Wasn't that why they wanted the child?

And that was why they could never have the child.

Such awesome power, in the hands of the Sith?

But then, was it possible that they saw only the power in the child, while they missed the power in the woman who carried him?

As these thoughts swam in his head, he only momentarily noticed the throbbing pain in his ribs as Galen came to him. He smiled grimly.

"I think we have our distraction."

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.216
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 12-16-2001 12:45 AM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Once landed and out of his ship, Actar sensed something strong. Something to do with Galen. She wasn't in danger so much, but he ran towards the temple. He wasn't going so much to save anyone, he was just curious as to what was going on.

He sensed a Jedi also, and five others. He hurried to get to the temple before they did.

He had his lightsaber in his hand, incase he needed it with the Jedi. When he reached the temple he waited for them. He would have gone inside, to get Galen, but he sensed she was doing ok by herself, and he'd just as soon fight a Jedi than fight more than one Sith.

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.147.167.208
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-16-2001 12:56 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The whole lot of them hurried along, on their way to the Temple and practically clueless as to how they would get in.

As they approached, Jasyn's scanner started going bezerk.

Oh great, he thought as he peered at it. There's someone lurking in the area.

"Someone's waiting for us outside," he noted to the others, pulling out his blaster. The Jedi kept his lightsaber at his side, ready as well.

Then as the Temple came into sight, Jasyn warned, "Everyone be on the alert."

[ 12-16-2001 12:57 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-16-2001 01:24 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stood there for a moment in utter silence, my breast heaving with righteous anger and challenge.

No one answered the call. The hideous purple and black monstrosity which had grabbed me stirred slightly, but did not yet gain his footing. Neither did the one who was once my sister, who now lay huddled underneath that snarling Beast of hers.

I felt I had a couple nanoseconds to remove my eyes from the lot of them, and I cast them...

Thank Khaandon for the joy of being able to do so!!

...into Terrin's deep blue ones. I let a little smile play about my lips as I reached out slowly to take his hand in mine, almost afraid that it wasn't corporeal and that he would disappear into whatever mystery I had recently been dragged through.

It was solid and warm and so very, very RIGHT in mine. I gripped it as if to never let it go.

"She's down," I mouthed silently to him. "And armed. I saw something weird on her hand. Maybe we can disarm her, if you think you're up to it? Before this other guy--" My words trailed off and I made a barely perceptible nod of my head toward the ghastly horned and red-skinned Sith, who yet stood unmoving off to one side, flanked by a set of highly angered yet highly loyal Noghri. Obviously having been commanded to guard him, they remained steadfastly on either side of him, but their eyes told a clear story of what they would delight in doing if only the Word was given.

I hoped that while the ball was yet in our court, we could score a few more points. "What do you think?" My lips scarcely moved as I let my eyes carry the words into the eyes and heart of my love. After all, as I was so wont to say,

In for a credit....

[ 12-16-2001 01:32 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.188
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-16-2001 02:34 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin cast his deep blues to look at the downed Sith, thinking.

Well, everyone always thought if anyone had the Nar Khelba it'd be right on one them. And heck knew with all the Sorcery going on what else they might have at their disposal. Might as well take the chance while the taking was still good.

But now, that snarling Beast of hers just MIGHT be a problem...and the only way he would be moving was if one of the two of them laid a finger on...

...on her.

Hmmmm.

Without a word, Terrin quirked a brow at the huge creature, tilting his head slightly in that direction.

Then, after biting his lower lip in a moment of thought he said, "I think we should circle, get him to follow, then try to get him down. Then we can go for the weapon."

She nodded, and they began their circle. At first the beast just laid atop his mistress, clearly not willing to budge. But then, as they continued to circle he seemed to become increasingly aware of the threat...particularly the one that could be caused by Galen, who had already knocked Graysith and the other senseless. The beast rose, growling, and charged. Seeing the opening, Terrin moved in and went for the item on the Sith's finger. As he began to examine the thing, realizing that it didn't look like it was going to come off to easily, he heard angry growling.

Maybe he could just cut it off...

Looking for something that was sharp enough to cut, Terrin noticed a Tooth-like object on the thrimm of her garment just below her waist band.

That should work.

Carefully appropriating the sharp object, Terrin went to work as he heard the whimper of a wounded animal somewhere off to the side.

Sithspawn! It was not coming off. Suddenly realizing there was only one way to get the thing off, Terrin shuddered a moment then set himself to the task.

It's either this or figure out what precisely the thing does when she uses it on one of you.

Closing one eye, he carefully started working just above the first knuckle. He cut through soft skin, to bone, and on, cringing as she began to scream like Hell, not that he blamed her.

After what seemed like an eternity, blood spouting everywhere, the finger came off, allowing Terrin to slid the weapon off her finger, noticing that something was inside it but not daring to take the chance to find out what it was.

Later. Now, you'd better run like Hell.

And that's precisely what he planned on doing. Not looking back at the ghaustly sight he'd created, Terrin stood, whirled, took Galen by the hand and went running out of the room, looking for a way out, any way out.

At last they found a hole in the bricks of the Temple, most likely the one that the guys and the Jedi had carved. After helping Galen through the hole, not letting the thing that he'd just appropriated off the finger of a Sith out of his sight, he slid through the hole, landing on the ground next to her. Shuddering just a bit again at what he'd just done, he handed the thing over to Galen, letting her look it over.

"I think we better find the guys and get out of here, quick. Something tells me a few somebodies are going to be really hot when they come around," he said, glancing at the weapon in her hand.

[ 12-16-2001 09:30 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.216
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-16-2001 02:48 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I shuddered a bit as I looked at the weapon in my hand. It lay there, a shining and metallic thing, jointed and tipped with a gleaming claw, covered with runes which were now darkly overlaid with blood. At first I cringed at the sight of that blood... then I firmed, seeing only the images of another's blood as her arm lifted to the sky again and again, the rock descending with the solid certainty of it's executioner's duty....

Shaking myself a little, I turned the odd weapon over in my hand, then upended it altogether.

Something small and round and crystalline and utterly transparent and the color of the blood Terrin had just spilled plopped softly into the palm of my hand.

I quit breathing altogether, merely taking it between a trembling finger and thumb and holding it up into the darkness which blanketed us. It fairly glowed with an unearthly light.

"Terrin, we have it," I breathed softly, scarcely daring to believe the sight. "This is it.

"The Nar Khelba."

--------------------

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.194
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-16-2001 08:35 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Okay," Terrin muttered, "Now I know we have to get out of here before these Sith come back around."

As he said that, he heard the shuffling of feet against jungle floor, and he stiffened. The dark wasn't helping his line of sight at all...

Why the hell was it dark in the middle of the day?

Something told Terrin Danner that he just didn't want to know.

Pulling her closer to him, wishing like Hell that he had a blaster or anything to protect them, he waited and hoped...

Out from the clearing came a pack of six guys, some he'd hoped for, and some he had no idea how the Hell they got on planet. Not that it was important at the moment.

The group thankfully must have recognized who they were coming up on, because no one drew a blaster...or a lightsaber. The Jedi was in the lead of the group. As he came up to them, Terrin leaned in and whispered. "We have...it. We've gotta get out of here NOW."

Without further word the group turned and headed back to camp and past camp to where the Eagle, the Falcon, and the Pride of Yavin sat. Aaron glanced over at the Pride.

"You aren't going to be able to fit that through the shield," he said. "And besides, I think we'll be needing you to fit the Nar Khelba into the lightsaber. We can come back for the ship later."

"Shield?" Terrin quizzed, puzzled.

"Don't ask," Jasyn replied. "You don't want to know."

"I can get the Falcon out if you, Galen, can take the Eagle. I'm a good pilot, and I've seen you do this once, so I know I can handle it."

She nodded, and Terrin decided he just might as well go with it, since he didn't know what was going on anyway. All busy warming the two ships, no one was quite aware if anyone could be following them, and they wouldn't have noticed at that moment if a small ship was trailing them to their destination. At that moment getting off Khar Delba was the only objective that must be accomplished, and that they did. Jumping into hyperspace once they exited from the north pole of the planet, they headed for the Eagle Enterprises fleet...

[ 12-16-2001 08:38 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-16-2001 08:49 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Aaron checked his navboard to make sure all systems were set, he sent a private comm over to the Eagle.

"Everyone in one piece?" he asked.

"Yeah," Terrin replied. "I think so. Is that all you called for? We'll be at the Hornett in just a very short while."

"Well, no. I think someone might be following us."

"Did you see someone?" came the reply.

"Not really, just a gut instinct of mine. Hopefully I'm just being overly cautious, but I just thought you'd want to know it's a possibility."

"Allright. We'll keep our eyes open and our sensors searching," Terrin responded. "Let me know if you see anything."

"Gotcha. Barnes out."

With that, Terrin turned to look at Jasyn and Matt, who had been fairly quiet.

If they were being followed...

"Jasyn, was there someone on Khar Delba before we left? Someone other than the Sith in the Temple and us?"

"Yeah," Jasyn replied, running a hand through oily hair. "Right before we headed towards the Temple and found you and Galen, someone landed near the camp."

"But you didn't see anyone?"

"No. But someone was near the Temple hiding out, I think. They could have overheard us. Then again maybe we are just all being really suspicious after everything that has been going on."

"Yeah," Terrin said, nodding. "I hope so. I really, really hope so."

[ 12-16-2001 09:23 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-16-2001 09:25 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OCC: Follow Terrin, Galen, and the guys to "In the Balance, for whatever lies ahead...))

--------------------

~~Galen

M'wonBo'o

Defender of Graysith

Member # 52

posted 12-16-2001 12:38 PM     Profile for M'wonBo'o   Author's Homepage   Email M'wonBo'o     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This one, this she, so small being, so stealthy-happy being, so standing there like prey in eyes being...

Comes she now to Her is being, now before me standing being, crouching being. Him the other coming being.

Snarl I. Snarl I.

Coming forward, testing being, not-stop being, circling being. She-who-hurt too close is being!

Rage I! Rage I!

To feet am I in Blood-Hunt being, after this she going being, seek to rip her throat am being....

HURT I! HURT I!

Blackness, sudden blackness being, not-life stopping, yet it not being. Shaking head am I being, shaking head am I being. Rise I from the floor am being??? Sensing round to find she being...

NO! DEFILEMENT TO MISTRESS BEING! DESECRATION TO HER BEING! HURTING BEING, SHOCKY-BEING, ANGER-HATRED BEING!

Shaking head in dizzy-being, pain and blood is sensing being, pain all through by eyes is being, pain all through my body being, pain so hurt yet slashing being, overcoming being, snarling being.

To Mistress crawl I, going being. There on cold rock-like ground is being, quiet being, hurting being. Darkness sense I coming being, blood in nostrils crying being. Protect-her-not this one has being, stopped was being. Not-not follow vow was being.

Whine I.

Whine I.

Raise I head to UP is being, crying now in snarling being. To HER go I, to side am being, tendrils sensing-seeking being. Finding blood so full am being, lying by her side am being. Tongue to lap and heal is being, tongue to HER is going being.

Seek forgiveness I am being, seek to stay with Mistress being.

Lick I.

Lick I.

[ 12-16-2001 12:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by M'wonBo'o ]

--------------------

//Defender of Graysith, against all adversaries//

Posts: 33 | From: Wherever Graysith goeth, I followeth | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.101.166
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-16-2001 01:09 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sitting at the controls of her little Sith ship, Erik half-asleep in the seat next to her, Shayla smoothly glided out of hyperspace a few systems over from Khar Delba.

And that's when she lost control.

Pain slammed into her from somewhere, pain so great that she had to raise her hands to her head to try to shun it away. A few moments passed, and she began to calm another blast of something horrible and hideous slammed into her, this time causing her body to go limp and her to fall to the floor.

Erik snapped fully awake as she began to scream. "Shayla, what's wrong," he asked, kneeling on the floor next to her, trying to calm her.

"Nooo!!!" she screamed, tears beginning to stream. "It cannot be! This cannot happen!"

"Shayla!" he tried again, adding firmness to his voice.

She turned to him finally, her blue green eyes looking surprisingly dark. "We must go back to the Temple. Graysith is injured, as is her Dark Heart."

With that, she stumbled back to her navseat, and keyed the controls which she had mastered. Erik didn't argue; she had to give him credit. He just sat back in his seat and strapped in.

Two small hyperspace jumps later, they were in Khar Delban space.

"It's shielded," Erik observed.

Shayla arched an eyebrow at him, knowing he couldn't see her controls. Nevermind how he knew that. Probably the disruption in the Force emitted by the energy.

Sensing her way in through the south pole, Shayla cruised the ship "upwards" to the equator, down to the surface of Khar Delba right in front of the Temple.

Leaving the Sith ship in its place, not bothering to check behind to see if Erik was following, she headed for the Temple doors. He was behind her, she didn't have to look to know that.

As she reached for the door it opened at her very whim, the anger was boiling so deeply within her.

How dare they cause harm!

Making her way to the Dining Hall where yet a frozen Aelvedaar stood guarded by the Noghri, Shayla assessed the situation. There, on the floor was Graysith's Darkheart, who seemed in shock but otherwise unharmed.

Graysith, on the otherhand...

M'wonBo'o sat next to her howling. A pool of blood was beside her right arm, and M'wonBo'o was licking the wound. Shayla squatted cautiously nearby the animal, sensing that he was very upset and not wanting to move too fast. As she realized what precisely the wound was, her stomach lurched, and she had to keep herself from getting sick.

As she squatted, her eyes dark and her mind elsewhere, she awaited as Graysith started to stir.

All the while Dark thoughts clouded her mind. Someone was going to pay. Dearly.

[ 12-16-2001 01:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.216

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05