my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Haunters of the Dark (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Haunters of the Dark
Leev

Broken Back Button

Member # 140

posted 12-06-2001 10:20 AM     Profile for Leev   Author's Homepage   Email Leev     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After hiding his prey deep within the Sith Temple, Leev made his way to the Dining Hall, suddenly aware that the presence of his Mistress was growing distant, and quite aware of the sorrowful presence of Graysith. To her he came, not questioning what happened to the Other-she had sent word through their ever-continuing link that she would be gone for some time, but that she would return.

Rapping his spear on the floor as he entered the Dining Hall, he waited til Graysith turned to him from her pacing.

"Captured one of the intrrrrrruders have I," he said. "Of imporrrrtance to Herrrrr he is. In their camp, she is not," Leev explained, still bitter about losing her the first time. "In his sleep he mummmmbles we havvvvvvve her," he added.

Hoping his capture would be pleasing to Graysith, Leev stood waiting for further instruction.

Posts: 6 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.87
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-06-2001 06:19 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith whirled from Leev, to whom she was about to speak. Something was niggling... she wasn't sure, but...

Reaching out with the All, she sent her talents questing, seeking, searching...

Finding nothing. And yet-- there. No living sense, but a spot within the Temple, hidden far from the main entrance, near an outside vertex... the stones were sending out a strange pattern of harmonics, vibrating gently, almost as though someone were walking upon them...

For a moment the Glyph flared in heated rage as she realized that somehow, someone must have gained illegal entry into this hallowed place. Impulsively she raised an arm to direct the Noghri to go eliminate whoever it was creeping so stealthily within the corridors, trying to seek an unknown way....

Then a better idea came to mind, and she slowly began to grin.

So-o-oo... this unknown would creep in unannounced? Then so be it, this could be arranged....

Closing her eyes in concentration, she reached out with her senses, tweaking the very atoms in the stones that comprised the Temple walls through which the apparent intruders were sneaking along. In a strange and incorporeal manner, the corridors themselves seemed to come to some outrageous form of life, writhing and coiling insidiously until those that led to a definite destination... those containing the mysterious entrants, if indeed they were there...

...now joined end-to-end in a Mobius strip of moss and vines and rock. If indeed there were intruders, now no matter where they trod, they would end up back in their starting point... or so it would seem.

Drawing back with a slight giggle, the Chosen Daughter now assured herself that the Dining Hall, as well as other secret rooms in the Temple, would be absolutely secure from entry. Using the Dark to eliminate the doors not only leading in to this room in which she stood, but to her quarters and Shayla's as well, she then fortified them with the positioning of a chronotic shield of her own.

Then she directed Leev to join Nikk in watching over Aelvedaar.

She "looked" with her talents to where Terrin lay hidden with a sigh. No time now to keep him elsewhere; with intruders present it would be best if he remained in her direct line of sight. As annoying as it might be, she decided to send for him to "keep her company."

"M'wonBo'o!" she cried out, her hair flinging about as she whirled. In but moments she was rewarded with the clattering approach of the massive beast as he came from his feeding corner in the Dining Hall. He butted his head against her, a tendril twining affectionately about her ankle.

"Bring this one to me, and then see that he does not move, my pet," she smiled, pointing to the way in the tuk'ata's mind to where Terrin lay and opening a direct pathway to him by the use of the All. M'wonBo'o bowed his head, and disappeared from the Dining Hall, stalking through the opening to the place where Leev had secreted the unconscious man. Once there, he took his arm up in his lethal jaws, and raising his head, carefully returned to the side of his Mistress, bringing the trophy with him. There he took up a position, literally standing over the man, his eerie pupilless eyes glued rock-steady upon him.

He would not budge unless Terrin did.

Satisfied that all was a secure for the moment as she could make it, Graysith closed the pathway she had created and went once more to where Jinn was yet spouting data. There she stood quietly monitoring the unfolding of events, quietly awaiting the coming of her Dark Heart.

[ 12-06-2001 07:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.101.166
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 12-06-2001 08:24 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She always did seem to have a certain glow when she was at the navboard of a ship...

Erik sighed quietly to himself as he watched her maintain the little ship's systems as they floated through hyperspace to...

to...

...to where?

For a moment he thought to ask her, but something told him that he shouldn't. She'd been allowed to come for him.

She'd been allowed to come for him?

When only just a while before she ran from the Temple with him, certain that she would die for running...

...and then SHE had found them, and Shayla had gone back with her while he was transported to some other place as a prisoner...

...Shayla had returned of her own decision, and She had let her go...

There was some dynamic to this that Erik did not yet understand as did no one else. He still questioned what Shayla was doing, but certainly she wasn't doing it out of a direct intention to harm any others.

She wanted to protect her Teacher and her commrades.

...What was so wrong about that?

Shayla was right, there was still much he didn't understand, and more than just a little bit he was unsure about.

Considering the ship they had been given, Erik remembered what he'd learned about Sith ships in his time as a pilot. Not that he'd ever encountered one; as he understood it, few were even in existence. Still, he knew that they were KNOWN for "eating energy" meaning torpedos and protons just...became a part of the shielding, not affecting the ship one bit.

Whomever this Teacher of Shayla's was, she wanted her protected...

[ 12-06-2001 08:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.87
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 12-06-2001 09:12 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It's never fun to wake up after you know you've just been captured by the enemy. But its even worse when you wake up to find something REALLY UGLY staring right down at you.

As the Universe swam back into focus for Terrin Danner, he found himself on one very cold floor, being pratically stared dead in the eye by a not-too-nice looking pupilless creature.

One who had a set of nice fangs really close to Terrin's face if he dared to budge. One who probably had equally nice claws to match.

What felt like a block of rock-hard ice settled itself in the bottom of Terrin's stomach.

This was going to be fun, he thought smugly, not daring to move a muscle. He just hoped that Galen was faring better than he was.

Oh Jeez, Galen, are you here too?

With that thought he shuddered a bit, and his guard moved in a bit on him. He froze in place. That's close enough, thank you!

Sighing a bit, knowing he was pinned in place til someone showed up, Terrin resigned himself to wait...

[ 12-06-2001 09:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.87
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-06-2001 09:39 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Frowning to himself, looking over the corridors through which they trod, Jasyn started to get a creeping suspicion.

Tapping Matt on the shoulder, he asked quietly, as if suspicious if anyone was listening, "Is it me or are we going in circles?"

Matt rolled his eyes. "It's your imagination."

Jasyn just glowered back at him. "No it isn't. Doesn't it bother anyone else that we haven't been 'noticed' at all yet?

And I know we are going in circles. I marked a place a little while ago. We've passed it twice."

This time, Matt turned to face the other. "Really?"

Jasyn shot him a Well FINALLY you are listening to me! look.

"Sooo...what do we do?"

"I say we start making some 'marks' in the place, and when we find that we are going the same way we were before, we go back the other way."

Matt nodded in agreement. "Allright, let's do it."

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.87
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 12-06-2001 11:00 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He stood there looking down at the new tattoo that had been inscribed upon his chest.

BEWARE. THE DARK LORD COMETH it said.

It seemed someone had taken an interest in him. Someone with a lot of evil in them too. He could feel the dark crawl into the room around him when he was attacked, but one thing he didn't know as Why? Why had he been targeted?

He glanced down at the tattoo once more and shook his head. If a Sith tattoo was all this person had in him to scare him he must be greatly mistaken on who he was dealing with. Cear closed his eyes and concentrated hard. He inscribed himself with a new tattoo under the one he had recieved just minutes ago...

It read....

BEWARE. THE DARK LORD COMETH
TO KNEEL TO THE LIGHT

He sent his thoughts out into the Force hoping anyone with the Force could hear.

Darkness is for cowards. The light is for those with control and strength. Battles may be won by the dark but in the end the war is won by the Light! Whoever challenges the Light will come down, you have my word on that.

It was a message recieved by many, both Light and Dark...

Somewhere off in the Force he heard cackles of laughter but he also felt the shining of the Force for it was on his side.

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.51.245
The All

Member # 144

posted 12-07-2001 09:24 AM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A solar system accretes.

A critical mass reaches critical temperatures, and a sun blazes into new life.

Yet another critical temperature is attained, and yet another star dies in a blaze of life-giving particles.

Dustlanes waft through the curvature of spacetime, idly waltzing amidst their stellar brethren, awaiting convergence.

Elsewhere, molecular bonding collapses in death, and decay brings yet new life into the soil of an alien world.

Atomic union brings the beginning of new life into being.

Bits and pieces of infinitesimally tiny stuff hold the circle together from star to embryonic bud.

Darkness blazes... light rejoices.

Expansion continues, creating more spacetime to curve upon itself so as to draw back together again one day.

What was, now is. What is... has yet to come. And what is yet to come has already transpired so very, very long ago....

A world is shielded, absorbing incoming radiation and spreading it forward and back along the spacetime continuum that likewise surrounds it.

A world is shielded, a bit of dust strikes against it and a flash of photons heralds the conversion to energy and its similar dispersal....

A tiny representation glows steadily upon a troubled brow....

[ 12-07-2001 09:34 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The All ]

--------------------

I am beyond the Light and the Dark... joining them in unity I make them a greater sum than their parts. I am the warp and woof of existence, the commander of time and the very fabric of all that is...

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.198.22
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-07-2001 04:21 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Uhhh...Matt?" Jasyn said into the dimly lit corridor, as the trio of men tried to find their way.

Matt looked over at his commrade. "Now I know how Terrin feels when you do that. Why do I get the feeling I'm not going to like this?"

"I thought I should mention that our marks are moving," Jasyn explained, ignoring the other's comment.

Matt arched an eyebrow at him. "You really are losing your mind."

"Look," Jasyn responded, getting irritated. "I'm positive. I've been keeping an eye on the compass I brought along in my pack. We keep going back the same direction. And I swear we keep passing the same places...only no marks."

Matt looked even harder at Jasyn, as if trying to figure out if the guy really was losing it.

Jasyn had had enough of this. "Listen to me, damnit!" he growled. "We've already lost Galen, I let a creature from Hell knock me out cold and grab Terrin, and now we are wandering aimlessly in a mess of moss and stones. Someone's messing with us, I'm telling you."

As the two argued, Master Mahoy seemed to be quiet in thought, maybe trying to sort Jasyn's discovery himself or maybe just staying out of the way.

But one thing was for sure; Jasyn was just a little more shaken up about losing Terrin than he would ever admit. If the truth was known, he was edgy after the way Galen was snagged from the camp too. They'd known she'd probably be the one they'd have to recover, but he never counted on losing his leader as well.

"Okay," Matt said, giving the other man space to calm down. "We obviously have a problem. So what are we going to do about it?"

[ 12-07-2001 04:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.37
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 12-07-2001 11:25 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jeroc inhaled deeply. "Guys, you're not going nuts. I tried the Force Cloak, but the Sith obviously already knows we're here. This is an illusion of hers...and a pretty cute one, I've got to say. Never seen anything like it before, but give me a minute to figure it out."

He shut his eyes and slowly drew apart the heavy curtains of deception. In his mind's eye he could see the hallways as they truly were...but only if he kept his eyes shut. Faintly, he felt the Sith Lady, self-satisfied and confident that her ruse would throw them off. Well, she's not the only one around here who knows how to use the Force. It would take considerable concentration to maintain the Force cloak and cut through the illusion, but Jeroc was sure he could manage it.

"Whatever a Sith can make, a Jedi can take apart." Jeroc turned to his two companions. "One of you, take me by the belt, and the other should do likewise to the first. And most importantly, close your eyes and keep them closed. I've still got the Force cloak around us, but we've still got to move quickly." The Jedi Master shut his eyes and moved forward into the halls of the Temple.

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.157.130.231
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-08-2001 12:49 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith scowled, aroused from her ponderings as she realized her simple ruse was being worked out by the Jedi. Not that she hadn't really expected him to see beyond the basic trick she played cat-like upon them; in fact, the little mouse had taken a bit longer than she had estimated to figure out the puzzle. But, as do little mice, creeping secretively, keeping to the shadows, the little entourage continued, eyes now closed, feeling their way through the dimly lit passages within the Temple deeps.

Very well. Measures of a more drastic nature were thus called for. It wasn't that she felt threatened by the presence of these people in the Temple; she was more than confident that the chronotic shielding would withstand whatever they might try to do to it. Whatever they might attempt would be to no avail; by its very nature neither matter or energy could impinge upon it in any way, shape or form. Energy would be dissipated along the spacetime continuum... some in the current timeline, some in the past, and yet some projected into the future. Any matter touching it would be converted into its energy equivalency, and dissipated in a like manner.

People were made of matter. The Force which these people used was energy. Nothing existed beyond that; the Chosen Daughter was safe from all harm the intruders intended, as was the planet itself from the shadowy fleet which hovered over the horizon.

But they dared to make sacrilege by trodding within the sacred halls.... This, more than anything else, angered Graysith. Had they struck up the courage to simply approach her, head to head, she might have considered speaking with them in a manner approaching that of civility. But instead they chose to sneak in like a pack of common thieves.

So be it. They shall be treated as thus. Against thieves do we send forth our hounds....

As the Chosen Daughter now closed her eyes in concentration, the Glyph sprang into brilliant life on her forehead, sending forth its energies as through this channel the All blazed forth to do battle. It shot conductively through the very atmosphere of the temple, zipping through stone and air and yet stone once more as it headed in a straight line to where the little group tiptoed along. Approaching them, it paused only for a moment; before the men could open their eyes in astonishment, it was gone, spreading its essence into the very molecules of the air and stone... and tweaking them.

With a deathlike shudder, walls of solid stone materialized from the very air both in front and behind the men, walls reaching entirely across the corridor and from floor to ceiling. In mere seconds, they were trapped within a claustrophobic chamber of rock, the mosses and vines immediately shrivelling in death as though in shock.

Now Graysith curled her lip, and allowed a tendril of her mind to enter into that of the Jedi.

"What I do, I do in defense of my home," she whispered into his thoughts. Then she concentrated harder, reaching out with the All, the Glyph ravening up the electromagnetic spectrum until it burst out in frequencies above gamma, reaching, toying, manipulating...

...and in the chamber she had fashioned around the men, the very atoms of oxygen began to collide together, faster and faster, dissociating as they impacted each other, the bi-atomic molecule of which breathable oxygen consists now breaking into its single atoms... which whipped off to join with others yet in the bi-atomic state. Little by little, the chamber began to fill with ozone... and to become more and more depleted in oxygen.

Graysith smiled, her eyes closed, but clearly seeing their predicament as bit by bit the men found it more and more difficult to breath...

[ 12-08-2001 01:00 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.186
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-08-2001 10:25 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Coughing, nearly gagging, Jasyn was well aware, as were his companions, that they were losing air. As the stench of ozone filled the little stone room in which they had been encarcerated, Matt grabbed something out of his pack and handed something in turn to the others.

Jasyn took it joyously and slipped it over his nose. The breathing kits from the first aid supplies!

Both men squatted to the floor as the Jedi motioned them down. With that he turned on the blade of the lightsaber which he had taken from his belt, and began to work. In a few minutes, with alot of work and concentration, a hole had been carved into the hard stone.

Before anyone could say anything, Jasyn grabbed the Jedi by the belt, along with Matt, and pulled them all out to somewhere, no one quite sure of where they were going. Even so, the Jedi seemed to understand.

In a few more minutes, no one uttering a word, no one arguing at all, the group found themselves climbing back through the hole which they themselves had carved, back out into the Khar Delban jungle. Only when they were a good bit away from the Temple did anyone stop or take the breathing apparatus off.

Looking around at a rather dark planet, Jasyn muttered, panting, "Isn't it 1400 hours?"

"Uh, yeah," Matt replied.

"So...who took out the sun?" the other said, looking around even more confused.

Matt thought a moment, then pulled out his comlink. "Maybe we should contact the Hornett, might be some sort of eclipse. Besides, we could use reinforcements"

Jasyn nodded, and Matt went to work. After a minute or so of trying to contact the ship above, Matt frowned. "I can't get through."

"What?"

"Something is blocking us out...a shield or something..."

"Great," Jasyn growled. "Now we're stuck here with no hope of reinforcements. This must be yet another Sith trick, cause there wasn't any shield when we came down."

Frowning, Jasyn squatted to the ground. Matt just looked at him increduously. "What were you doing back there anyway!? Now we have to start all over again!"

"Well," he said, finally catching his breath, "Something tells me we couldn't do much if we were all dead or unconscious except get captured, which won't help us or Terrin or Galen."

"But...wasn't that the idea?"

"No. The idea was to confront the Sith, not get killed by her," Jasyn corrected.

"Okay, so on to Plan B," Matt agreed, nodding. Then, frowning, "Jasyn, what was plan B?"

Jasyn frowned in return. "I have no idea."

[ 12-08-2001 12:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.37
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-08-2001 09:37 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Yawning, Shayla sat back in her seat and closed her eyes.

"Shayla?" Erik asked from behind her.

Opening her eyes, she turned to look at him.

"Hmm?"

"You wanna take a break? I can watch the ship."

She gave him a half smile. "Naw, you know me. I'll be fine."

He sat down next to her, listening. Something of the old Shayla seemed to ring true in that last statement of hers.

"Besides," she continued, "I want our destination kept unkown...from prying Force users," she explained, her look turning dark.

Well, this wasn't old Shayla for sure. And it was true enough that Shayla had kept the matter of her destination...their destination...completely unbeknownst to even him. Erik wondered if she even knew where they were going.

"I wouldn't..." he started.

She cocked her head a bit in warning, frowning. "I know you wouldn't. At least I think you wouldn't. Not on purpose anyway."

He nodded, sighing and leaning back. "So what are we going to do to help this Teacher of yours?"

"We?" Shayla asked, looking at him incredulously.

"Yeah, we. I'm already involved in this, it's too late to back out."

"Yeah. But being involved and being involved are different. I don't want you doing anything on my account. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself."

He shot a look at her with those dark browns of his, clearly hurt.

"What you decide to do," Shayla explained, clarifying. "Is in your hands. But don't do it for me, do it because you think it is the right and best thing to do."

He nodded, understanding. "Allright Chief," he said, causing her to grin just a bit as he called her by what most of the employees of Stargazer Corp did. "As you wish."

[ 12-08-2001 09:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.37
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 12-08-2001 11:21 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jeroc groaned. "Obviously this Sith isn't going to make it easy for us to get the Nar Khelba, and I can't say that I blame her. I mean, it would be a terrible danger to her if we did manage to get it. And the worst thing is that I can barely sense Terrin or Galen. I mean, I know that they are alive and that they ought to be in the Temple, but for all I really know, Graysith could've flung them into outer darkness."

The Jedi Master sighed. "I have to think a minute."

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.155.207.151
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-08-2001 11:46 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well," Jasyn said in reply to the Jedi, "I for one don't think the stealth approach is working, or will ever work. I poked fun at Terrin's idea of knocking on the front door..."

Pausing, Jasyn chewed his lip in thought.

"Just follow me on this," he continued, looking up at Matt who just had his arms crossed, listening, "The Sith doesn't want us in there, and she's very aware when we are there. So, we have no option but to confront her straight out."

"I thought I was supposed to be the tactical one," Matt quipped. "But yeah, I see your logic. But there's just one little small minute detail. In order to confront the Sith, we still have to get to her. And if sneaking around in her Temple doesn't get the attention we want, what will? Open honesty? Wasn't that what you and Terrin were trying to do when you got attacked?"

Jasyn nodded. "Yes. But the Noghri wasn't all that interested in me. It's almost as if he specifically was after Terrin."

Matt frowned. "So you think that he took Terrin because of Galen? Maybe because he was a threat to whatever this Sith intends to...to do with her?"

"All the more reason for us to be more agressive, more direct."

Matt stood mulling, leaning against a tree as he thought. "Yeah, I think I'm beginning to agree with you. And really, what other option have we got?"

[ 12-08-2001 11:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 12-10-2001 06:31 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A familiar chill began to seep through the shadows of Cear's ship as he sat at the controls. When the shadow jedi turned to see what he thought to be the familiar form of evil that had brought him a message he found himself greeted with something far worse.

Seeming to meld from the darkness came not the servant but the master himself. His turquise eyes seeming to mock him, the deep hues of purple entwind with black in a state of perpetual motion dancing across his facial features. His blackened lips curled over dark fangs and sharpened black horns crowned his head. Gracefully he sat enjoying the pain that ran through Cear's body from being face to face with a Sith Lord. He watched him writh and beads of sweat explode on his forhead only to trickle down his face like a fresh wound.

"Were you looking for something Jedi," he said in a most demonic hiss. "I am intreaged by your abrubt visit to my dark heart, and they say that we are barbaric." His smile broadened as he continued to watch
the creature in front of him.

"Do you not yet understand the power of the All jedi? Do you not understand that it is a balance of both dark and the light? What your puny jedi masters could never under- stand, that was their limitation." He said the last through gritted teeth. "The dark wins the battles and the light wins the war?
How then would I FAIL JEDI? I embody both in a perfect balance, that is why my brother and I remain....eternally! How then do I bow to the light when I am the light? We made your jedi masters master's quiver in fear, how then are YOU a threat?" His black lips curled once more into a snear.

He stood once more his clawed hands drawing the hood of his cloak to rest on top of his horned head. Fires began to rise from the shadow's to dance around their master as all Cear could do was look on while trying to battle the pain. "Come jedi meet me on the battle ground your limitations will be your undoing." He hissed the last as the fires consumed him before vanishing leaving the jedi once more alone.

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 12-10-2001 08:55 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He stared at the place the Sith had just been and fell to his knee. He did not fall to that knew because of the pain he had just felt because he was over that now. He had shunned the pain away. It was nothing more than a physical thing and those could be fixed easily.

He debated on the Force whether or not he should fight this Sith. It didn't matter either way. It would happen he knew it would. This Sith wasn't going to leave him alone until he fought.

But he still was not going to approach him yet. If worse came to worse he would fight but only if needed.

The Sith would regret the day he messed with pure light....

Do you hear that Sith? You may think you have balance but all you have is a heart of darkness. Which the light will shine through. Your just a dark thug. Trust me, the Force isn't just a thing for you to call on. Its living and it doesn't like the dark, but its there. You will be sorry for the day you messed with the favored Light Side!

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.51.245
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-11-2001 11:31 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith went over to the hidden little room, a mere touch of her hand upon that wall exposing it to her entry. She walked over to Jinn, watching as the last of the data entries cached before the chronotic shield was emplaced scrolled across her primary monitor. Then the screen darkened with her thoughts.

For a moment all was silent. Then--

"What impossibility do you want me to attempt now?" Jinn asked her in a plaintive tone of voice.

The Chosen Daughter merely shook her head. "Nothing," came her soft reply.

"We wait."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.197
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-11-2001 04:20 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
All three men still trying to figure a new strategy out, time seemed to be running short.

"Look, Terrin is in there, and Galen probably is too," Jasyn said aloud, "We've gotta get in there before their morale wears out."

Matt nodded. "Hey...you've got one of those lifeform sensors like they have in ships, don't you?"

"Yeah, what are you thinking?" Jasyn replied.

"Well, couldn't we figure out where possible lifeforms are in the Temple that way?"

"Yeah, but how are we going to get in again? Our original plan obviously won't work."

"Yeah," Matt agreed. "Hmmm. Maybe we can go in from above?"

"You mean through the roof? This Temple probably has several stories. She'll know we are coming before we get there even then. I mean, no way to miss someone sawing through your roof or climbing through your window."

Another few minutes passed, and Matt bit his lip, deep in thought. "What if we request audience with her through the Force? After all, she already knows we are here, what have we got to lose? What do you think, Master Mahoy?"

[ 12-11-2001 04:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-11-2001 05:14 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin still lay frozen on the floor, vigilantly guarded by this Creature from Hell. His mind was spinning ninety to nothing, and whether it was running away with him or not was uncertain. But there was a certain logic forming, and Terrin decided to go with it as he replayed recent events in his mind.

Galen was taken by something or other in the jungle, by what you have assumed were some forces of Graysith. Now you’ve been captured too, which makes logical sense if Galen was taken by this ex-sister of hers. You are a threat, and therefore you must be removed.

Now there is this little situation. For some reason unbeknownst to you, you’ve suddenly become of enough importance that you have been moved here where you will not be able to go far without her or this beast of hers noticing and ending any attempt to move or escape.

But then...if your escape could prove that much of a problem, why, if Galen is here, is she not under direct surveliance as well? And where is Shayla? Surely SHE’S not somehow guarding Galen....why would the Teacher let the student guard her prize? Granted, there could be that Creature...or whatever it was...guarding her, but STILL...

...Why would HE be placed right under Graysith’s nose and not the one she really wanted? Granted, he might pose a hinderance but that would make it more important for Galen to be right under her nose, and not just him.

Which left two options. Galen has gotten away, or....

...someone else has her. Now THAT was a troubling thought...

But the whole “child for a child” bit fit right in with what the Sith wanted Galen for so...

Shifting his head a little to gaze at the Sith, only then noticing the other creature frozen in place and guarded by two Noghri.

Lovely to know if he moved he wouldn’t have a chance in Hell of making it out. He wondered if all guests were treated this hospitably, or if he was an exception.

Pushing those thoughts aside, he decided he’d get bold and find out just what she knew, without tipping her off. That is of course if she dared say anything in return to him at all. “So,” he started, pausing a moment to wet his dry lips as he thought of just what he was going to say, “Using me as live bait?”

[ 12-11-2001 05:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.37
M'wonBo'o

Defender of Graysith

Member # 52

posted 12-11-2001 05:23 PM     Profile for M'wonBo'o   Author's Homepage   Email M'wonBo'o     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Snarl I...

Snarl I.

--------------------

//Defender of Graysith, against all adversaries//

Posts: 33 | From: Wherever Graysith goeth, I followeth | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.182
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-11-2001 05:27 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
From her position afront the for once quiet Jinn, Graysith heard the apparently taunting words flung her way by her prisoner, followed immediately thereafter by her tuk'ata's warning growls.

"M'wonBo'o!" she ordered, and the animal stilled his disapproving grumbles.

She decided to grace Terrin's offhanded flippancy with a response. Gliding wraith-like to his side, she merely looked down upon him, a slim hand gesturing for her tuk'ata to stay his threatened attack.

"Live bait?" she queried softly. "I hadn't actually considered. But this scenario can be... altered if you find it not to your liking."

Ceasing to speak, she merely cast her penetrating violet gaze directly into Terrin Danner's deep blue eyes, and waited.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.182
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-11-2001 05:46 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As that pair of violet eyes glared down at him, Terrin realized, She DOESN'T know Galen has been taken...

...then who...

...or what?!

Granted, another bit of questioning just might get his head bit off, but while he had her attention, he'd might as well take the opportunity.

"No, thanks, I don't think dead bait will attract your prey anyway," he responded, his deep blue eyes turning a bit dark.

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.37
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-11-2001 05:58 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a moment Graysith's violet eyes darkened in turn. Then she flung back her head, a musical laugh escaping her lips.

"M'wonBo'o, back!" she ordered as, turning from where Terrin lay on the floor she moved a few paces away. There she whirled to face him again, her hand shooting out this time in a lightning-fast pre-emptive order for the Noghri to maintain their position on either side of her Sire. All her dark minions remained frozen in their prospective places, each one undoubtedly muttering even darker thoughts to himself, none daring to voice his disapproval to the apparent madness of the Chosen Daughter.

Now Graysith tilted her head to one side, her long hair flaming down to frame her face, her violet eyes twinkling.

"I can see where my sis-- where Galen Jhin'Dar is attracted to you, Terrin Danner," she commented. "Few would be so bold to state their honest beliefs or opinions in your current situation.

"And now," she finished, the tone of her voice dropping just a bit in timbre, becoming deeper in intensity. "Just what is it that makes you believe you are indeed bait of any kind? Perhaps you merely assume too much."

With that she fell silent, waiting to hear his reply, her amusement clearly evident on her face.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.182
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-11-2001 09:45 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin quirked a brow at the woman’s near-reference to Galen as her sister, truthfully surprised that she had even come close to doing so. But, he’d heard Galen do the same on at least one occasion, probably more than that. And he understood how such a seperation between two sisters could cause such an effect.

Something to keep in mind. This Sith-ette just might have a few feelings buried deep within her somewhere.

But her amusement at his boldness and her comment about Galen’s attraction to him was just a wee bit...weird.

Well, she IS one SSD short of a fleet, Terrin noted to himself.

He forced a half-smile, if for no other reason than to appear as though he really were comfortable with the situation. “Perhaps I do assume to much,” he agreed. “Perhaps I’m under careful supervision because of my connection with Galen and nothing more than that. But that in itself makes me bait, does it not?” he questioned, sitting up on his elbows just a bit, keenly aware that this movement drew the attention of his guard.

Attention which he gave a simple mental raspberry. YOU try sitting still on a cold, hard floor for Sithspit knows how long!

Quietly, pinning the woman's violet gaze with an icy blue one of his own, he waited.

[ 12-11-2001 09:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-12-2001 03:07 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OCC: See "In the Balance"))

Still awaiting the Jedi's reply, Jasyn was suddenly interrupted from his own thoughts when his scanner started going crazy. He looked down at it and gasped, not believing what he saw.

"What is it?" Matt asked as the Jedi arched an eyebrow.

"A ship just landed a little Southwest of us."

Matt gulped. "Not another one of those funny looking ones?! How the Hell did anyone land anything here anyway?"

"I don't know," Jasyn said, a grin pulling at the corners of his mouth as he fiddled with the controls of the sensor device. "But we're in luck. It's the Falcon. I think we have the reinforcements we need."

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05