my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Haunters of the Dark (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Haunters of the Dark
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 12-16-2001 01:21 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He was ready for a fight with the Jedi when he sensed Galen was out of the Temple. He thought since the reason he was here was her, he would go after her instead.

He walked around the side of the Temple, looking for the spot she came out of, he sensed she was still nearby. He came around a corner but stepped back immediately when he saw Terrin and Galen. He poked his head around and watched as the Jedi and 5 others he had sensed earlier came out of the forest and approached them. Terrin whispered something, but Actar missed it, and they all tok off into the forest.

Actar wasn't far behind. He followed them all the way to their camp. When he was able to figure out what they were doing, he ran to his ship and powered it up. If they had only looked, they would have saw him.

He waited about 30 seconds after he saw two ships fly over, heading north, before he followed. By then time he was out of the shield they had made the jump to hyperspace. He closed his eyes, he didn't have the capability to trace them while in hyperspace with this ship. He could sense Galen, and he followed the direction she had gone in. He made sure to cloack the ship. After flying in that direction for a few minutes, he knew where she was. They had dropepd out of hyperspace in the Xenoth sector. He made the jump to hyperspace immediately.

When he dropped out of hyperspace, he saw something didn't expect. An entire fleet. He had no clue which ship Galen was in. He flew aroound for a minute, trying to sense Galen. He found her, in a SSD. He didn't sense the Jedi in there though.

He flew into the hanger of the SSD, and uncloaked his ship as he landed. He saw Galen, Terrin, and two others looking at Actar's ship like they had no idea what was going on, and of course, they didn't. He opened the door and stepped out with his lightsaber in hand, but not turned on...

Reply to this in In The Balance

[ 12-16-2001 01:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Admiral Actar ]

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.131.0.97
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-16-2001 01:33 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Slowly, oh so slowly, reality began to coalesce around Graysith from the muzzy blackness in which she was floating. Bit by bit that ebon blanket began to recede, supplanted more and more by lightening shades of gray which eventually began to resolve into patches of deeper and brighter intensities. Not daring to more than open her eyes, she blinked, bringing the world into shaky focus once more.

Floor. She was laying on the cold stones of the Great Dining Hall. All was utterly motionless, all was utterly silent, save for a soft and repetitive little rasping sound. Still held in the thrall of shock, Graysith perked her ears in curiosity, to determine the source of that wispy little noise. She followed it from an indefinite aura all about her to a small spot focused somewhere in the vicinity of her right hand....

HOT. FIRE. SLICING PAIN. OVERWHELMING PAIN.

Her mouth gaped open in shock as wave upon wave of pain slammed in to her body, coming from a molten and nova-bright focal point on her hand, radiating up her arm, into her shoulder and straight into her heart. By comparison, the stone beneath that hand felt positively glacial, so fiery was the impulse now shooting throughout her being.

She gasped, turning her head a bit to the side, and blearily brought into focus the sight of her tuk'ata licking away at... at...

...at what used to be a pale and slender and beautifully unmarred hand.

She gasped again, jerking her sight from the mutilated flesh before her in disgust and despair. Her thoughts rallied round that dark despair within her, taunting her with their insistent discoveries.

The Claw... gone.

The Nar Khelba... gone with it.

Failure. I have failed.

Again... that abominable woman has prevailed, has taken a part of the Chosen Daughter, almost as if for a trophy, and has fled with it, escaping yet again from what should have been an easy victory.

Again, the Chosen One lays injured and in shock, bleeding....

Again.

Now tears filled the violet eyes of the Chosen Daughter, as she turned her head away from the disaster of her hand, to stare stonily into the dimness above her head.

I have failed. I am not worthy of the Choice. I cannot keep a simple Sith crystal; how can I unite the even stronger Dark Lords to attain the goal placed into my hands by my Sire? How can I continue to deserve the attentions of my Dark Heart, when I cannot even protect him or myself from the attack of a mere...

Human?

For a long moment she remained locked in misery, lost in self-recriminations and gloom-bedecked anguish. Then she forced herself to gaze upon her hand once more.

M'wonBo'o raised his head to whine anxiously, his pupilless eyes filled with a private misery of his own. Then he resumed his medicinal administrations, certain specialized enzymes in his saliva continuing to stop the bleeding, and bringing on a modicum of healing.

Now she turned her head around to the other side, frowning past the pain, sensing the presence of another who crouched nearby. Blinking, she strained, bringing the images her eyes captured into clearer focus in her mind.

Shayla? Shayla was here.

But how?

She didn't ask, merely let her gaze flow into her greeny-blue eyes. Her left hand reached shakily up.

"My-my Adept," was all she could muster in the barest of whispers, as her fingers moved as if to lightly brush the cheek of the young woman. Then she fell silent, too pain-filled to speak any further, seeking to conserve whatever energy she had so she could heal...

...to then take revenge.

[ 12-16-2001 01:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.101.152
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-16-2001 04:39 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla smiled softly at Graysith, although still not making an attempt to cover her anger at this event either. "I'm here," she said quietly. Then, as the tuk'ata began to subside his licking, the wound slowly began to coagulate and Shayla looked upon Graysith with compassion, feeling her pain. She laid a hand on Graysith's left softly, sending a good tendril of her strength into the woman, carefully drawing her into a restful healing trance.

Though it would take some time for the wound to fully heal even in the trance, at least Graysith would be comfortable...and not in pain. Looking to Erik as soon as the tuk'ata finally ceased his licking, she said, "We need to get her somewhere that she can rest, as well as him. I need your strength."

He nodded, and picked the injured woman up as Shayla levitated the other shocked Sith. Quietly following her down the hallways, Erik followed til she stopped at a door and opened it. There she moved the Sith male in and gently lowered him onto the bed, and Erik placed the woman on it as well, making sure she was comfortable. Behind them M'wonBo'o skulked, laying protectively at the side of the bed. Erik followed Shayla back out, noticing that she turned a moment to gaze back at her Teacher. Only then did she close the door.

Suddenly he noticed how pale she was, possibly from the strain of the whole situation, possibly from the strength she had used to handle it--probably both.

"Shayla, get some rest."

She nodded, knowing that it would be a while before Graysith awoke. After leading Erik to a room, she returned to her quarters, finding the still-shattered pieces of her mirror all about the room. In one swift and angry movement, she slammed the fragments of the mirror into the wall. Even smaller particles of glass errupted, only this time rather than letting them fall back at her, Shayla concentrated on moving each individual piece, each one arrowing its way
into one small circle upon the wall.

Gazing at the small piercings this had made into the brick of her suite for only a moment, Shayla headed for her wardrobe, and dressed for bed.

[ 12-16-2001 05:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.216
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-18-2001 09:27 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Continues in "A Dish Served Cold" thread in the Jedi Praxeum and Sith Temple forum.))

Just trying to keep threads shorter guys, heh.

[ 12-18-2001 09:29 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.166

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05