my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Shadows of the Mind (Page 8)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Shadows of the Mind
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-21-2002 12:13 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis looked at Jharmeen for a moment, hugging her lovingly, in an attempt to reassure her...

Roan will meet his end soon enough... I assure you my love... Together...

He then rose to his feat, taking her up with him in his embrace, now whispering softly to her "stay strong... What has passed...has passed... now we move on, and change the universe forever... I am with you always..."

He then sent his gaze accross those present as aelvedaar revealed his stunning words...

He thought for a moment...for they truly where wise words, but something was not right with them... and so he spoke.

"i do not believe it wise to disband them... They have all chosen, in some way or another, to come to us... We must remember that... We can not survive in this universe without allies... Though i do fear it is unsafe here... Perhaps we should leave it to choice? your words are wise, brother, but perhaps we should thing this over for a moment..." he sighed and fell silent for a moment "I simply fear that without numbers... We will again fall to the shadows of memory..."

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.34
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 10-21-2002 01:49 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I sigh to hear the words my Brother is speaking to me, lowering my gaze to let it drop into the palms of my hands which are now joined together, cupped, afront me. My long fingers intertwine as have the lives of these many who have come to know this ancient city of the Sith.

"Numbers, my Brother?" I ask him at length, lifting my eyes to stare steadily into his own brilliant pair. I then sweep the room with them, followed by my hand, palm up. "Look about you. We are less than a mote in the eyes of some distant and uncaring god. What good are such allies, who hunker within the shield of a city dead for four thousand years, destined to wonder when they will again see the light of day, to feel the warmth of the sun? What good are such allies to merely wait here to be attacked one by one, as shall surely happen to them? How is it this can help us, and how do we help them by keeping them hidden here with us?"

Now that open palm comes full circle, and halts in front of me. I close it into a slow fist, study it carefully, but see nothing but charnel-house flesh... My eyes grow vague with distant memories.

"I have too much blood on these hands now, my Brother," I whisper. "I will have no more, especially when the further bloodshed would surely end up being all for nothing. Nothing. For perhaps....

"Perhaps I have been falling to that most grievous of sins, arrogance. Perhaps my great scheme is indeed the stuff of which dreams are formed, and that our destiny is truly that of which you speak:

"To remain as nothing more than shadows of fading memories, memories long past and even longer forgotten."

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-21-2002 02:53 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Every last vestige of anger and bloodlust fled Graysith's body when Aelvedaar's words came to her. Her jaw fell open in disbelief; then it trembled with the effort of not giving in to a fresh rush of pain. For never, ever had she seen the imposing Dark Lord of the Sorcerers lose his aplomb, lose his confidence, or in any manner hint that her destiny could be anything other than what she so firmly had believed it to be, and for so great a time.

A fresh bout of fear fueled into heated existence within her, she whirled and grasped her husband's arms, searching into his eyes.

"No, my dear love," she breathed through tears standing in her widened, violet eyes. "This cannot be, the words he speaks are frivolous, born of sagging spirits."

She paused, her mind racing, wondering what she could do to help ease the situation. There had to be something...

There was.

Her hand fell on her belly, and a glimmer of hope came into her eyes.

"Kamino...." she breathed in an even quieter whisper. The she firmed, her hands now flying up to caress Recinis's face.

"My sister may flee from us, seeking others to protect her child, and a child whose strength we may need. But my love... we may need. Not necessarily must need.

"Unlike my sister, I have seen the wisdom in your words about accelerating our unborn child in age to where he may do his part in this great design my Sire has begun..."

Now she turned to pin a steady look directly into his glowing eyes, one which quietly spoke of her belief in him and the destiny he had laid out before her so long ago. Her hand reached to squeeze Recinis's tightly.

"What Ankrist Roan has-- has done to me may be re-enacted. I am most willing to contribute what I must and how, that Roan will not have opportunity to raise the Sith before we do.

"This I pledge as Chosen Daughter, and Lady of the Warrior clan of the Sith."

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-21-2002 03:04 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He was quite shocked... it was usual for them to meet and argue strategies, but now they were told they weren't needed at all...

This is great, you can leave now...

This thought was quickly smothered as he realized what might have been...

Shayla... she... where is she to go now... and that damned Erik by her side, I haven't a chance... no way...

He then thought about where he would go...

dare I go back to Tattoine, after I finally escaped the rule of the hutts... no, that's not an option...

His eyes caught on Shawn, who was on the other side of the room...

Lo-Ban gave him a look, as if to say:

What now?

[ 10-21-2002 03:06 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.160.179
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-21-2002 10:58 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla sensed an emptiness take hold of her as she sat in stunned silence--not merely an emptiness due to sudden loss of a goal she truly and firmly believed in, but also due to a loss of something she was just beginning to grasp. But, regardless of the later loss, the former one she wasn't quite ready for. She glanced down to the sword Lord Recinis had given to her only a little while ago even as Erik pulled her into his arms and began to direct her towards the door, wordlessly.

Suddenly she simply froze where she was, bringing him to a forced halt by her side. Pulling away from him, she left him standing stunned as she turned, her mind made up, and came to stand before Graysith and Lord Recinis. Then, in a sudden move, she turned to the Dark Lord of the Sorceror clan, unsheathing the sword and placing it in his hands. As she had with Lord Recinis, she knelt, one knee up as she lowered her eyes to the floor. Then she looked up unflinchingly into those molten eyes of his.

"As the one who was chosen by your Own Chosen One, I beg of you to be permitted to remain by her side, devoted to this cause. For nothing Greater do I believe in; this Universe is in turmoil even as we speak and is in desperate need of the Sith, whether they know it or not. I willingly give my Life, regardless of what you chose to do with me.

Sister I was chosen as, and as sister I will remain."

[ 10-21-2002 11:00 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-21-2002 11:28 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Something in Terrin Danner was simply beginning to crumble under the weight of complete and overwhelming loss and defeat. His heart ached, and he couldn't help but take note of that little voice that was even now whispering that Hey, you should have never trusted. You loved her, so you let her go.

But does she really know how much you love her? What have you done lately to show it? Admit it buster, not a Hell of alot. Kriffing hell, buddy, you just told her to leave WITH ANOTHER MAN.

Whatever the hell is the matter with you? Maybe you just don't deserve her after all...

Terrin closed his eyes a moment as that particular thought slammed into him, not ready to face it just yet. What he could face right now, however, was that he and his men had suddenly been given the freedom to leave.

He stood and turned to Shawn. "I'll keep in touch with you," he said quietly. "But I think there's something I've gotta take care of right now, if it's not too late. Besides that, Eagle Enterprises needs my attention desperately as well. You know where you will be able to find me...

...or at least where you will be able to reach me."

At that, Terrin turned to Matt and Jasyn as they too stood and all began to head to the spaceport, his mind all the while spinning with thoughts that he simply couldn't avoid facing at the moment. He didn't even notice as Jasyn swiped a bottle of Sith brandy from the sideboard before they left...

(((OCC: Follow Terrin Danner and his crewmen Return to Ground Zero in the Complete Star Wars Universe. Thank you.)))

[ 10-21-2002 12:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 10-21-2002 01:04 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She lay in the Realms which give birth to nightmares, thrashing and howling and clawing for release from a softly woven net which seemed to encompass her mind. Not hard like iron, for metal can melt before the heat of a forging oven; not sturdy like stone, for stone can weather and crack beneath the touch of the tiniest drop of water. This cloying net was instead woven of a mother's love, and held her as firmly in her grasp as a tractor beam held onto the skin of a ship.

But suddenly... something began to happen to that net. It seemed to be unravelling, unwinding, dismantling itself as if somewhere something even stronger than that love had finally broken it's hold upon it. Or perhaps had not broken through the strands, but had redirected that which had woven them to begin with. Whatever the case, the demonic daughter of Graysith and Ankrist Roan didn't know, nor did she really care. All she knew was that it was weakening all about her... and in moments more had weakened enough to where she could finally claw her way out.

Her uncanny violet-ringed turquoise eyes popped open, and she leapt to her feet. All about her was darkness, a black and hideous dominion populated by raging and mewling beasts and imps and lesser demons...

...and all too empty of one figure in particular.

She snarled, immediately sensing what had happened. Somehow She had either managed to destroy him, or had taken him with her. She now closed her eyes, sensing out to find his wonderful cloying and pain-giving blackness... only to run up against a small kernal of blighting Light. She snarled again, her eyes popping open only to slit into pools of ebony revenge.

This is what She had done to her Dark Heart?

INTOLERABLE.

Now she threw back her head, and raised her arms to the apathetic canopy arching over her head. Black and noisome clouds immediately formed in response to her strength, clouds cracking with great bolts of electric discharge. Her clawed hands reached up to that power which flashed and flared over her head, then fisted.

"As he has given me dominion over you, so I now call upon my domain!" her voice rang out harshly into that lightning-scored night. "I call upon the creatures who bend their knee to me as their Queen, to seek out vengeance for me and my Redeemer! For what has been done shall not go unavenged!"

With that she turned her head to one side and, reaching out with one slender hand, literally slashed an opening through the All back into the Sith city from which she had fled into this place. She found herself in an empty corridor, watching the receding back of an all-too familiar form.

She utterly ignored the demons and imps at her command, now spilling out into this new playground, keeping her gaze glued to that broad and imposing back. Then she took a small step forward.

"My Dark Heart!" she cried in a voice just shy of real love. "The shield of which you have spoken is down! I have come for you; we may leave this place together, as you have promised!"

Even as she spoke, she wasted no time, for she was fully aware of the abilities of those who opposed her. Quickly, even as that great darth was whirling to face her, she reached out with abilities of her own and, seeking into the mind he shared, followed a pathway suddenly laid out before her like a shining and beckoning road.

The pair of them promptly disappeared entirely from Phrinnchatka, to reappear in the dark and hidden Temple Entaris had forged, hidden away from all but his own eyes.

And now the eyes of the Daughter of Roan as well.

[ 10-21-2002 01:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-21-2002 01:56 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn actually shrugged to Loban, all the while scooping up Thea and wondering just what was going to happen here.

"We can't return to Yavin IV at the moment," he observed. "The Jedi are again all but extinct, and I don't think they'd welcome me back with open arms anyway."

He paused, folding his hands in the sleeves in his robes, considering. He turned to Erik even as Shayla departed. "Perhaps I can train from the Stargazer Corporation fleet, as well as be of service there. Young Thea needs a more stable environment to dwell in."

Shawn paused at that, considering once more as he again looked to Loban, sensing something from him. "The choice is yours, however. I sense there may be something else here you might be searching for even more than a Jedi Master."

At that he paused, waiting.

[ 10-21-2002 01:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-21-2002 04:09 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I have done all I can... it's now up to Shayla to choose...

"I follow you, master..." He said, with still much doubt...

But, he knew that his dream was only so far away now... love can wait, and wait it shall...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.160.179
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-21-2002 08:28 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis looked at her for a moment, a small smile rising to his lips dispite the strange sense of dispair he felt towards all that had happened... And of those emotions, he was now purged... For she maintaned her faith in him... Dispite the utterly horrid thing he had suggested the do... "We will bring back the sith... Dispite what doubts any may have... We will succeed... I still hold faith in your destiny, for i have sensed it to be a true one..."
it was then that he saw Shayla, and he turned a bit to see her...

She is devoted...Her heart is a strong one, despite that it may be missguided at times... it is indeed a strong one.

Nodding to himself he spoke "Allow her to stay... To rob her of knowledge is one thing, but to deny her will to remain with those she cares for, that is something I must protest to. You may not be sure of your once strong convictions, but i know this to be true brother, One set of eyes can be the difference between spotting an enemey, or being struck down blindly, one sword can mean the difference between victory, or defeat... I do not know much of the falling day's of the sith, but if those times were anything such as the times i lived in... Then i believe our fate would have been avoided had we not thougth ourselves untouchable...Had we extended a hand of friendship to a few races whom we deemed lesser... I say this, we can not hide anylonger, sith we may be, but gods we are not, we to require outside contact...we can not allow ourselves to become blind... We must go out and make allies. My child will be ready to fulfil this destiny... As ready as i am to fight any battle to better the universe, as ready as My dear Jharmeen is to bring back the sith... As ready as this adept is to end her life, if it means bettering the cause of the sith. We are all that is left brother... Two true sith, in a galaxy so full of people...If this is the path you choose, then you are correct, we shall fail, but when all hope is gone, i will continue fighting, believing only in myself, and those i care for... i will fight on knowing only that my cause is correct. All that have been present here, have in one way or another chosen to be here... And do to this, i know, that dispite there disbaining, in some way or anther, there cause will remain ours, the sith shall be revived... I swear it on my blade... I swear it upon all the blood that blade has spilled... We shall be victorus, and if you can not hold hope, i fear you have lost yourself... Please brother, find your hope again, let your fires burn bright, let your conviction give you wings..."

with that he drew forth his sword, placing the tip of the blade upon the ground, he sent a ripple of glowing energy accross it, before it ignighted into burning splender, as an undying simbole of his faith in the mission he had wholeheartedly accepted.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.92
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-21-2002 08:36 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
With the appearance of ShaRhylla what little control wicked had maintaned upon Entaris dark will were now shreded by those demonic gears once again turning...

He smiled upon her, nodding his head. "Very good My dark Rose... You have grown strong through this, ah yes... You truly are a black, and tainted spirit... how wonderful" his lips tugged up further into that demonic, and sinful smile. "Now perhaps it is time we pay your father a visit... Are you prepared to take his heart, and destroy it?"

He sat slowly as he spoke, sitting upon a throne of blackened stone, covered in dark oily silks, A hand raising slowly to beckon ShaRhylla to a secondary throne which was beside his own.

And as those demonic gears turned ever onward, a thought came to being of where it was his apprentice had gone off to... But then that thought was vanquished, ended faster then it had begun... Narcolm never truly held the strength to reach the potential evil Entaris was looking for... And ShaRhylla had easily taken his place as Entaris' dark apprentice... But then, he did truly hate to leave loose endds lying about... this would have to be fixed...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.92
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-21-2002 10:32 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: please follow ShaRhylla and Entaris to wherever they pop up next... BTW, please make a new thread for the conversation between Recinis/graysith/aelevedaar/shayla. Thank you))

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.95.216
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-21-2002 11:55 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea had tried hard not to listen to the others' conversation, it only confused her anyway. She guessed she had been away too long to know anything about what was going on in the galaxy anymore, and it didn't matter to her very much either. She had Shawn and Loban, a Jedi to teach her and an older student to watch for inspiration. When the Jedi scooped her up she simply put her head on his shoulder and drifted off, she was so tired, and she knew she was safe. She could hear him discussing with Loban where they were going and as her mind shut down in sleep she just knew all would be well for them.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-22-2002 12:15 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn turned and considered Thea a moment even as Loban announced his intent to follow. Then, without further ado, he made a decision. "I think that we'd best be going," Shawn said. "If Shayla remains, that is her choice. If not, she certainly knows where to find us."

At that they headed for the Sith spaceport, boarding a ship that was none other than Shayla's own Relentless, a sleek little yacht that she had appropriated from Jedi Cella Poliani.

In moments they were off via Erik Kartan's own hand towards the Stargazer fleet, to whatever destiny might await them.

(((OCC: Follow Shawn Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Loban Kenobi, and Thea Morgan to A New Direction Taken in this same forum. Thank you.)))

[ 10-22-2002 10:54 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.159.158
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 10-22-2002 12:27 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I look deeply into the blazing eyes of my Brother, in which I see such conviction. I turn my eyes into those of She who I have Chosen, and see that conviction mirrored there. I then turn to the kneeling Adept, about to speak...

...when my attention is immediately drawn to new hideousness. I sense out into the Temple... only to crash into wave upon wave of pure and gibbering evil.

And He who Graysith had called her Dark Heart... seems to be missing.

My eyes blaze as I stride forth to my Brother, reach out and with one vicious move yank the sword from where he has embedded it in the stone floor of this room. I raise it aloft, my own eyes flaring in rage.

"It would appear that you will be needing this sword, my Brother, to gain safe passageway to Ch'arlingua for this adept. For I sense evil is yet afoot here in this city; the others are safely on their way, but she needs safeguarding to likewise do so."

I then turn to her, raising my hand to my Brother, upon whose lips I sense resounding protests arising.

"No further blood shall be upon the hands of the Sith."

With those words I turn and step toward the crackling fire, closing my eyes in seeking out to confront with my sorceries the evil I sense now howling and slavering in this Temple of the Sith.

[ 10-22-2002 11:59 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-22-2002 03:48 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Please follow those left into A New Direction Taken thread in this forum, thank you.))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05