my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Shadows of the Mind (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Shadows of the Mind
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-18-2002 12:26 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn's look remained completely calm as Loban announced that he didn't have a clue where is lightsaber was. But this did give him reason for concern. "We'll look for it later, after I'm sure Terrin is awake and feeling well," he said. "Now go on."

Shawn had a really funny feeling about that lightsaber.

And all the while he made mental note that it would also be a good idea for Thea to have a more feminine figure in her life as well...and perhaps even a family. Shawn had a good idea who to go to with this particular issue, when the time was right...

[ 10-18-2002 12:34 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-18-2002 01:03 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban nodded, gave Thea a smile, and left the room...

Through the corridors, he was at the room he had chosen earlier...

He would enjoy being clean again...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-18-2002 01:55 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A slight frown crossed Graysith's features as she sensed the flash of evil rising in the one standing tall beside her, refusing to show the simple respect due the Dark Lord of the Warrior clan of the Sith. It then wavered, however, when that evil she had so recently nourished within her self flashed in an immediate response, as though to reach out in greeting.

Forcing down that dark element within her, she rose gracefully to her feet, and stood before Aelvedaar, clasping her hands quietly in front of her.

"My Lord," she began simply. "I bring you the one in whose hands you had foreseen my destiny. Yet within this one is a darker entity, momentarily held in abeyance. But then, this of course is already known to you."

She paused, reading a silent affirmation in his molten eyes, one which now urged her to continue. Certainly she had not brought this one to him merely to be formally introduced; indeed in that the sorcerer was quite correct. Graysith took a breath then continued, ignoring the way that Lord Aelvedaar was now turning to send his gaze into Wicked's eyes again as if to ask why he was here before him in Phrinnchatka to begin with.

"My Lord, it is of great concern that the shield has been breached, as the one within him has gained entry into Phrinnchatka; I do not refer to his standing here at this moment. I refer to earlier, when this one strode here in guise of Darth Wicked, and left to follow my daughter, who is now his minion. Now are both confined within the protection of the shield; the girl yet remains beneath my subjugation within the dark place where they lay in hiding, and the entity beneath the strength of the One I have always called Dark Heart to me.

"But one Child is lost, my Lord. We dare not risk another. Until this entity is defeated for good, and somehow it and my daughter are removed to beyond the influence of the shield again, I do not feel the daughter of my sister is safe here in Phrinnchatka any longer."

Now she cut herself off, raising a hand to stop the words she sensed forming within the mind of the great Sith sorcerer. She pursed her lips, her soft smile turning at first rueful, then grim.

"I know what it is you are going to ask, My Sire: why have I brought this one here before you to speak of such matters?"

She now stepped a bit to the side, turning so that she half faced the Sith Lord, and half faced the handsome darth.

"Why," she finished smoothly. "To keep an eye on him, of course."

[ 10-18-2002 12:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-18-2002 11:43 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Images. Images of a young red-headed female, popping into the room from seemingly nowhere to grab little JhinDarra and slam him against the wall, leaving Galen stunned.

Images.

Another time in this same place, not so long ago, when he had dreaded as much occurring and had been confronted for this concern. He should have known better than to have allowed them to sway his thoughts. He should have known better than to trust...

Something inside of Terrin at that moment, which had been somewhat muted til now, finally just snapped. He was so tired of letting Galen down. He was so angry with himself for trusting everyone else to do what he should have been doing. And the buck was gonna stop here. Darra had been snatched once; he wasn’t about to buy into the Sith saying that it just wouldn’t happen again, and he didn’t want to hear about how safe they would be any longer.

Terrin’s eyes flew open with a start, and he sat bolt upright in the bed, rather alert considering how he’d been feeling earlier. The room was empty aside from Shawn Petrolu, Matt Stanza, and some little girl...

Terrin’s eyes froze as he looked at her, auburn hair and big blue eyes...

No. No kriffing WAY...

He jerked his eyes up into Shawn’s curious greeny-blue pair. “Where are Galen and Darra?”

“They went back to their own suites...” Shawn started.

Terrin just glared. “Did somebody miss the part where, the last time they were off on their own, Graysith’s kid popped out of nowhere and grabbed the baby? Cause I sure as Hell remember it...”

Shawn stepped in a bit closer, and reached out a hand to lay on Terrin’s shoulder. “They’ll be fine. You need to calm down.”

Terrin jerked away and stood, his eyes almost wild and unseeing for the sudden flood of distrust and concern in them. ”Don’t touch me,” he growled. “I want to speak with Lord Aelvedaar or Graysith, and I mean now. Can you take me to them, or are you going continue to lecture me on what I should be doing right now?”

Shawn sighed, raising his hands in surrender. “Allright, allright,” he answered, taking Thea’s hand. “Follow me.”

[ 10-18-2002 11:57 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-18-2002 12:57 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn walked silently along, wondering just what the heck was going on in Terrin Danner's brain. He couldn't read the guy's thoughts, but the emotions shooting off from him were blatant enough if you could get past the inscrutable look plastered on his face. As they came closer to the place where Shawn sensed Aelvedaar and Graysith both...

...along with a third entity...

...he sent a message along the link he shared with Lord Aelvedaar.

I apologize for the interruption, but it seems Captain Danner is having some...concerns after what happened with ShaRhylla and JhinDarra. I sense something not quite the norm regarding his thought processes; although I've corrected the physical injuries he sustained I believe there may be some mental ones that have something more to do with simply the injury itself, but rather the incidents preceeding it...

...Captain Danner wishes to speak with either you our Graysith, and I am uncertain as to what precisely he is thinking...

Then Shawn waited, all the while heading closer to the place where he sensed the two he was searching out, yet not daring to enter therein until permitted.

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-18-2002 01:26 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban emerged from his room as a new man...

Or at least a clean one...

He quickly sensed Shawn was not in the room he had left him, and found his whereabouts in no time at all...

[ 10-18-2002 01:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.160.179
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-18-2002 06:24 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis stood from his place within that small chamber he had gone off to... He was truly displeased now, and could not help the frown which disgraced his normaly calm features.

He exited through another door way, leaving shayla to her thoughts...

She has what she needs to know... But she does not apply that knowledge to what needs to be done... if i live for all eternity... I truly will never understand the human mind...

he found himself in a small room with many weapons, unconciously he took up a small sword within its sheath.

He now returned to shayla, tossing the weapon to her dully. "tell me, Adept, this sword is a weapon that can be used for great deeds...but what good is it if it is leaft within its sheath?"

With that he fell silent, merly looking at her, fire in his eyes.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.188
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-18-2002 07:38 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla blinked. Not so much due to the fact that Recinis tossed the weapon at her in such a strange motion, but rather because of the tone of the words themselves and the look in his eyes.

She was NOT stupid.

Then, reality dawned on her concerning the lesson which she was learning. Blinking yet once more, she answered Lord Recinis directly, returning the unsheathed sword to the Dark Lord in a horizontal position. "Indeed, it is worth nothing. As is all the knowledge I have been failing to use here." She tilted her head slightly for a moment, then returned her gaze directly into his. "The bounty hunter knew what to do to help Galen; I failed to consider his past knowledge, but rather assumed that I knew something which I could not. He had past experience, and I took it for granted.

And in doing so, I could have very well made a fatal mistake."

At this she knelt to one knee, her right hand upon her heart as she lowered her head to face the floor in a sign of the utmost humility, her dark blonde hair cascading over her face. She looked up at him for a moment more, speaking quietly. "I shall take whatever punishment you feel befits my error."

Again she let her eyes drop to the floor, waiting...

[ 10-18-2002 07:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-18-2002 07:57 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis looked at her for a moment, before he spoke "Your punishment... Is that you will know forever the failure you have experienced. I do not believe in mindless punishment, learn from past mistakes, do not let them cause you to fall deeper into failure... Arise now shayla... Draw your knowledge from its sheath... And let it grow sharper with every use of its mighty weapon... Remember, one life means nothing in itself... One action means nothing... Wounds heal, children are born... Love is found, and love is lost, Mountains become dust... And riverse become streams... all things have a purpose, never take in a situation on first thought, think twice before assessing..."

With a quick hand he guided her to a standing possition, taking the sword he had tossed at her, he strapped it about her. "where this blade as a reminder... You are an Adept! never forget what it is you are adept at! use your skills as best you can to help, whenever you have the chance to use them... But also remember that your actions mean nothing, if not benificial to the will of the universe..."

With that he turned "now... Be off, think of what you have discovered anew within yourself... Try and enjoy yourself, for there may be a time soon at hand where you might need to sacrfice for the universe..."

He began walking at that, stopping suddenly and speaking again before she left "When i believe this knowledge has been set upon you fully... You will be given knew lessons"
he then walked off, not taking even a second glance at her...

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.109
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 10-18-2002 10:15 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stare meaningfully into the eyes of this man, a man who stands upon the teetering edge of disrespect, a man who radiates arrogance and self-centeredness as truly does befit the dark jedi as I all too well remembered them. Then, after brushing my Chosen One's mind with my own, I send a responding directive along the link the Jedi Petrolu is intruding upon us with.

"Take the man, and gather all in the meeting room. There are issues which must be resolved, and soon."

I then turn once again to Graysith.

"Indeed you are correct in your concerns, My Lady," I speak, addressing her with her true entitlement. "Come, let us go from here, and meet with the others that we might come up with a means to not only keep your sister and your niece protected... but you as well."

I pause with that, letting my eyes drop quickly to her stomach before they turn back again into the stoically silent darth. He merely returns my gaze with a flash of... something which I cannot quite determine at this time.

I nod, turn, and lead the two of them from my sanctum, out into the empty corridor without, and through the twists and turns existing within this great Temple until at length we enter into that Dining Hall all were wont to use as a central gathering place.

I waste no time in preamble.

"It is obvious this city is not as secure as once it was," I begin immediately, then pause. My Brother is not yet among us here; I quickly send a summons out into his mind through the all, supressing a small smile when I read the emotions currently raging within him. Perhaps one day I may sit with him, and discuss the techniques I have developed in teaching my Chosen One....

I make a motion to the couches and setees scattered about, that all might take a seat and make themselves comfortable. The other hand waves toward the sideboard, from which I see the bounty hunter has already partaken of.

"As soon as Lord Recinis and the adept arrive, we may continue. In the meantime, refresh yourselves."

[ 10-18-2002 10:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-18-2002 10:24 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis stopped as he felt the pressence of another within his mind... And then nodded as he recieved the summon.

Turning a complete 180 he exited through another door, taking shayla up in his wake as he passed her, moving swiftly to meet with the others, his pressence seeming much larger then it should, as was befiting a dark lord... He had allowed that aura to fail him durring his final words with shayla... and now it was restored in full.

He entered the room, and cast his glance about the room in a quick manor, taking in every detail, before taking his place at the table, smiling briefly to jharmeen before again letting his gaze sweep the room silently... Finaly satisfied he nodded to himself and spoke "What plans are to be made?"

[ 10-18-2002 10:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.223
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-18-2002 10:29 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla was inspecting her new sword thoughtfully--as well as the words which Lord Recinis had spoken to her--when she sensed a call to a meeting. Placng it back about her waist, she hurried to the Dining room, grabbing something to drink quickly as Lord Recinis inquired what plans were to be made. Shayla simply took a seat next to Erik, patting him gently on the knee, and waited to see what plans in fact would be made...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-18-2002 10:29 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea followed Shawn unquestioning. She could see that there was something wrong with the other man accompanying them but she wasn't sure what.

"It doesn't matter anyway," she thought, "Master Petrolu will take care of all of us."

That little thought comforted her to no end and she gently laid her cheeck against his arm, she hadn't noticed before how tired she was. But all the same, she was still too unsure to risk leaving the Jedi's presence.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 10-18-2002 10:46 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I turned from where I had been making small talk with Jasyn, quieting immediately when another horned and red-skinned being strode into the room radiating power and confidence like a rancor radiates strength. I didn't say a word, but narrowed my eyes when soon thereafter yet another entity, a bit shorter but radiating no less power, entered the room. On his heels was that snippity gal I had run afoul of earlier when I was trying to help Galen.

I bristled instinctively, then forced my hackles to lower. Then I set down the drink I had been nursing--

Indeed, I need to get a bottle or two of this stuff. Quee would love it; chance are he'd not only pardon my debt, he'd pay me an additional 9700 credits....

--and sidled carefully closer to the knot which was congregating on the other side of the room. I couldn't help but frown when I heard the words the tall horned being had said, and when he suddenly moved aside to reveal that red-haired witch of a sister of Galen's, and who was standing there with her....

I was in a defensive crouch, my blaster aimed directly at Wicked's head before I even knew what I was doing.

Indeed this city didn't appear safe at all, and I for one was going to do my utmost to get myself and maybe a couple others out....

[ 10-18-2002 11:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-18-2002 11:37 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
though recinis looked completly focused upon those at the table, his voice suddenly came forth, not even looking at the man who dared rase a blaster in his pressence...

"You have no need for that here..." he said, before finaly turning his gaze upon the bounty hunter "if anyone goes astray here, i assure you i will be quick to rectify any threat..." his eyes then narrowed "and i do mean any... That does not exclude yourself... All here are welcomed guests... again, including yourself... And none shall be harmed, unless they so show an offesnive gesture" his eyes narrowed further for a moment, before he stood, walking over to the side bar, he filled two small plates, and two glasses, and brought them back to the table, offering one set to Jharmeen, before sipping his own glass lightly for a moment, before returnign to the problems at hand. "Mr. Tarnus... if you wish to create safty... Then join us and help us devise such means, but do not ruin the safty of others with paranoiya..." turning again to the others, he nodded to himself. "do any here have idea's, as to how we might better our possition of saftey? any thoughts for a new course of action? where shall we go from here?"

[ 10-18-2002 11:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.224.87.9
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-18-2002 11:44 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban took a seat, and waited for others to do the same...

He then heard Recinis' inquiry...

This place is getting to be most unsafe, to say the least...

"What if we were to return to the temple on Khar Delba..." He then quieted, and waited for input from the others...

[ 10-18-2002 11:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.160.179
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-18-2002 11:44 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn had just made his way around to where Matt, Terrin and Shawn had been gathered as Terrin removed the bandage from his head and ruffled his hair. Jasyn was just about to say something when he caught sight of Darth Whosis...ah yes, Darth Wicked standing over there like he was a regular guest. He looked down at his blaster hand disgustedly, remembering exactly what that particular entity had done to him when he'd showed up last. Then he tapped Terrin on the shoulder.

"Ummm...boss?"

Terrin turned and looked at him, his own blue eyes previously affixed in curiosity at the unfolding scene between Sorben Tarnus and the newcomer.

"You know I hate it when you start out like that," he said pointedly. "What is it?"

Jasyn then quietly related that the newcomer was none other than someone who had been accompanying ShaRhylla when she had last been here...and had taken Darra...someone who claimed to be Darth Wicked.

Terrin's eyes blackened as he turned to again regard the unfolding scene, his hand unconsciously straying to his blaster hilt even though he heard Lord Recinis's words.

...what the kriffing hell was he DOING here...?

"Am I the only one who sees something seriously strategically wrong with the fact that a guy who came in helped swipe Darra is now residing in the very same Temple with them?" he growled. "Either he goes, or Galen and Darra need to be elsewhere..."

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-18-2002 11:52 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis' eyes snapped instantly to terrin, a slight bit of anger showing in his eyes, though otherwise he looked completly calm.

"have you not been paying attention, Mr. Danner... I have already stated, that ANY threats will be rectified by myself, as soon as they come about... I have further stated that EVERYONE here is a guest... And should be treated as such... and now, i state this, so all might here, if ANYONE at all has a dissagreement with these things, you may take them up with me personaly, AFTER we have discussed our next plan of operation... is that perfectly CLEAR?" His glance swept accross the room in a fiery wave before he spoke again, this time more calmly, his eyes again glassy pools of impossible to read emotions. "Now, does anyone have anything... Productive, to add to the fray?"

[ 10-18-2002 11:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

---BMG

Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 10-19-2002 12:05 AM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now this was getting just a touch wee on the wrong side of weirdness for my tastes.

After eye-balling the crowd, assessing undercurrents strong enough to drown in and coming up with what I hoped was a reasonable answer as to why everyone was here in a Sith city, for nerf's sake, arguing as to why the only gal in the universe I ever cared about wasn't safe!-- I loosened my stance and finally lowered my blaster. Funny; I shot my eyes around a second time, only to find the same answer.

Seems that the one whose safety they were all so concerned for wasn't anywhere here; knowing Galen like I did, I knew she'd be hopping mad to be bandied about in this manner, and not around to speak on her own behalf. However, something told me there wasn't time to go find her; chances were that the way that Sith fella -- Sith?!? -- had gotten his feathers all in so much of a ruffle over my instinctive reaction to Wicked -- WICKED?!? -- he wouldn't let me step foot out of here to go get her.

So I just holstered my blaster, my eyes never leaving Wicked's form, and finally tossed in my two cent's worth.

"You know," I said, trying to sound casual. "If it's Galen's safety you're after, not to mention the safety of my daughter as well, I can think of no better place for them to be than with me in Coruscant."

There. It was out. That secret yearning I had been keeping hidden deep inside me ever since Galen had marched up to tap my shoulder in Invisec was out... and lo and behold, it even made logical sense. All the same, I tensed up a bit, waiting for the barrage of "ain't no way in hell's!" I just knew were forthcoming.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-19-2002 12:15 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis looked at the man, and smiled for a moment, nodding, the then turned to loban, and nodded, to show he had heard the boys suggestion, and had not totaly ignored him...

his eyes strayed again to look upon sorben "Indeed, you have shown you will do anything to protect her... She would be safe with you, i am assured... But, of last accounts, corruscant was blockaded by admiral actar...who has been after galen for some time..."

He let the thought turn about his head for a moment, as he felt somethign rise up from the hunter, and recognized it he spoke again "perhaps it would be best if she were her to input her own wishes... Mr. Tarnus, would you mind finding her, or do you wish to remain here and see what else has to be said? it is intirely up to you..."

With that he turned to loban, and shook his head "Khar delba has been breached many more a time then would be enjoyed... The shield here has only truly been penatraited once, and as a resault we were breached the second time, but both accounts were of the same problem... we remain with more saftey here, then we do upon Khar delba... Though perhaps it is worth lookign into..." with that he fell silent, and gazed about the room, waiting to see if any other had anything to add...

Deep within the back of his mind though, a small idea was peeping its eyes through a small keyhole in his concious.

You know how to increase saftey... dont you? fire with fire... Blade against blade, that is the best solution... And you know how to forge a blade strong enough to fight back... its right beside you, recinis...

[ 10-19-2002 12:17 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

---BMG

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-19-2002 12:23 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"That is true... but, what if we corrected the problem... I mean, obviously we know what it is, there must be a way to work around it..."

He paused, then thought of something he hadn't before...

We are under a shield... on the surface... why not place a shield on the surface of Khar Delba... as a second line of defense...

"what if there were another shield... protecting the temple... if it is possible..." He then fell silent, once again...

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-19-2002 12:26 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Through all of this, he watched, quietly, taking in all he could... He felt so strange... constantly his mind was battling the demonic spirit within him... He was unsure as to how long he could keep this up... so he spoke.

"If you wish to increase safty... it would be best if i were sent away... I am a danger to you all..." he looked about, eyes stern, not quite giving in, but not completly filled with hatred as he stared at sorben and then terrin " They are both correct... I should not be here... i do not know how long i can control the evil within me..." his eyes became filled with a slight trace of hatred...He was after all a dark jedi... Controlling his dark emotions was generaly not something he had to worry about. "WHo knows when he will return...And then you will all be in trouble"as he caught himself, he shook his head... "it is strange.. I have spent my life, learning to focus dark energies...and now, i must deny there pressence in me..."

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.224.87.9
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 10-19-2002 12:30 AM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I relaxed a fraction and nodded to this Sith, Lord Recinis was it? Anyway, I nodded to him, sensing a strange kind of camaraderie rising between us.

I bet this guy and me and a bottle of Quee's finest could put back a couple warrior tales between the two of us, couldn't we?

"You're right about the blockade, er.. Sir," I said politely, not really knowing how to address him. "But I, ahh... well, I happen to be in the employ of Actar. Yes he's been after Galen for some time... but from what he has said the last time we met... well, you can be assured his position toward her has changed dramatically.

"And currently, I don't know anyone more powerful in the entire galaxy than him. Erm... present company excepted, of course."

With that I actually bowed my head to Recinis.

"I'll go get Galen so she can have a little input in all this," I finished, and then strode from the room, helmet in hand, to do precisely that.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-19-2002 12:38 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A sort of sick feeling was starting to creep up Terrin's spine as he listened to Sorben's suggestion, and Lord Recinis's reply. He frowned. "I don't much like the idea of her being on Coruscant with Admiral Actar due to the fact he did quite nearly kill her before, and has been itching to get his hands ont he baby. And there's the little issue of Roan, as well. My suggestion would be to move them to a shielded place elsewhere..anything else would be a risk to both Galen and Darra."

He paused then, biting his lip as a wave of something slammed into him. "But then, this is ultimately of course all up to Galen, and it's a quick fix to move her either way considering someone managed to slip under the shield here. It'd only be a matter of time before he does somethng else, now that Roan seems to know she Galen alive and after what he already did to ShaRhylla. And he did manage to slip someone under our shield. I say it's high time we go after him once and for all; he's hunkering in hiding and has someone here after us, and I've learned over time the best way to defeat an enemy is to face him head on and when he's unsuspecting. We have the Claw; we have the Book of Ages to ascertain his whereabouts...the time is now."

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-19-2002 12:41 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis couldnt help the small smile which splayed accross his features as the man departed... Recinis could tell that sorben felt out of place...though he hoped a solution came to existance...

But you have a solution!

That little thought cracked the door of his concious a bit to peep in and explore his idea's, growing stronger with each passing second.

He then turned to terrin for a moment, and nodded his head, though whether in agreement, or simple acnowledgment, even he was not sure...Recinis... The blade must be forged... roan was not afraid to create the weapon... You must not fail to create its counter... A great price it is to pay... but it must be done...

recinis sighed and stood his gaze addressing all... "I have come to believe, that perhaps a new form of defense must be forged... Roan has created a weapon of great power...a weapon that has been corrupted... I fear we must do the same, though we must purify our own defenses, rather then allow them to be blackened as roan has... Dispite what that we may wish to not follow his footsteps... Of yet we have one pure child of great potential, and another is in the making..." with that he sent a slight glance to graysith "Though it truly pains me to suggest it... We must advance them in age... so they might stand against roan... Our forces of yet, lack the strength needed to truly stand against him...and he is a threat that must not remain... There is much to discuss on these issues... SO now, let us have open though about this... Untill the other parrants of one of the child arrive..." with that he glanced at terrin "Worry not, your daughter will not be harmed...i truly do hope a better answer presents itself..."

He sighed then, and sat, placing a hand gently on jharmeens leg, looking deeply into her eyes... He felt intirely to helpless right now... But he knew this was the only way...

[ 10-19-2002 12:43 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

---BMG

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05