my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Shadows of the Mind (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Shadows of the Mind
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-16-2002 11:55 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla didn't respond verbally to Lord Recinis's words, but instead glanced once to Shawn and then to Terrin's crewmen. Her look all but read "you guys are in charge now."

With that, she turned on her heel and headed out to follow the Sith Warrior, intrigued as to what training she might yet recieve. She stepped in behind him, and quietly waited to see just what he might do next.

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-17-2002 01:50 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn looked up to Loban and smiled. "I believe some guidance can be arranged," he commented lightly, smiling. "You have some great potential, and you've come a long way in trusting here, which I know is difficult. These things have not escaped my attention.

"Just be certain that you know some of the things you will learn from me may stray from the typical training of a Jedi Knight. After all, we are right in the middle of the Sith capital. That's bound to change our outlook on some things, whether it has happened now or will in the future.

"In the meantime we shall indeed see where the road here leads you, my friend. And I would be more than happy to assist you as you travel."

[ 10-17-2002 01:51 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-17-2002 02:01 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I am forever in your debt... master..." He gave Shawn a short bow of respect, then waited... watching his new master, to learn everything he could...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-17-2002 10:46 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn smiled once more to Loban, then quietly turned his attentions to the form of a sleeping Terrin once more. He frowned. "I'm afraid we might be a little preoccupied for a while," Shawn said at length. "A bump on the head can do strange things to a guy, so we'd better keep an eye on him," he observed, tilting his head in Terrin's direction. "But for now we wait. I don't know if this sudden desperate need for sleep is due to Terrin's head injury or something else altogether; after all, his physical wounds have been healed."

He paused at that, pursing his lips. Then he turned to Loban once more. "Tell me, you were in the Temple when all this occurred with Terrin, Galen, and JhinDarra. So what exactly did happen?"

Shawn waited quietly to hear Loban's reply, his demeanor utter calm but a concern raising its finger for attention nevertheless.

[ 10-17-2002 03:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 10-17-2002 12:39 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This time when interruptions come my way, it is not in the form of a Sith Adept, nor is it to take me from my perusal of all the Crystal Octahedron is showing me. I have instead been to the rooms of my Brother, Dark Lord Rean, and therein have found the scrolls outlining the chronotic shield. These I have taken back to my own inner sanctum, and have been poring over them when a knock I clearly recognize comes to my door.

I turn about as that door opens in response to my mental "welcome," a soft smile on my lips... until I see the form who accompanies her, as well as sense who, or rather what, is yet occupying that frame.

My smile segues into a small frown, and my gaze instantly goes into those turquoise eyes. Well do I remember the last time I had any dealings with this one, indirectly though those dealings may have been. Well do I recall the time he had flung my Chosen One, who so unhesitatingly had obeyed me, yet so simply clung to his side; flung her to Lord Atma as one flings a bone to a dog, leaving her to her fate which I luckily was able to avert.

My frown deepens involuntarily, and I draw myself up into imposing regality as She comes to a halt before me and drops to one knee, her arm across her chest, bowing over that arm and raised knee. Behind her and off to one side, He merely stands, returning my stare.

It is as if there is a sudden storm erupting all about, for surely there is thunder here.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 10-17-2002 01:12 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I took a look around the opulent quarters given to me by the Sith.

By the Sith. The very words were enough to send a chunk of ice skating up and down my back. But then again, considering how I had first met Galen, it really wasn't that strange after all, I suppose. Well, casting aside for a moment that they really were a race who had died in the distant past, as legend had it, with members now walking the face of the galaxy.

Then on the other hand, that could happen. It's a pretty big universe....

I shook the thoughts from my head, going to an ornately apportioned bed and gingerly touching it with my finger. That hand then raised to finger the silken canopy which hung over it, then moved to run up and down the richly glowing wood which comprised its frame. That wood was a deep burnished copper, alive with glowing golden highlights, and carved into intricately detailed scenes of ancient battles, weird runes running alongside in mute commentary.

I blinked, lowering my hand to my side.

The Sith.

Then I quickly strode to a nearby sideboard, upon which I laid my helmet and gauntlets. After a little consideration, I quickly stripped myself of the remainder of my armor, and laid it carefully alongside. After all, Galen seemed to be living freely here, and seemed to trust them. I trusted that gal fully....

Then I remembered some of our adventures we'd had together, and quickly donned my gear again.

Babes, I trust you with all my heart. But you have been known to have slightly misjudged things in the past....

Until I was fully comfortable with the situation and the peeps living here, wherever the hell "here" was, it would be nothing but folly to let my armor and myself part ways. Nodding in satisfaction, I then strode out to find the room in which the Sith--

SITH.

--had told me I might find something to eat and drink. It wasn't long before I gained entrance into a large and comfortable room, a food-laden sideboard up against a far wall, an opulent stone fireplace filled with the crackling blaze of a roaring fire. Other than many couches and chairs scattered artfully about, it was empty.

I strode to the sideboard, grabbed myself a plate, found what appeared to be some kind of wine or brandy of indeterminate vintage...

Sorben, if it's what you think, it has to be the most aged wine in the universe. If things go well, you gotta get a bottle of this stuff for Quee; maybe he'll lay off about that 9700 credits....

Food and drink in my hands, I went to stand near the fire, only removing my helmet that I might eat, keeping my eyes peeled all the while on the door which seemed to be the only entrance to this room...

...and began quietly mulling over the quite startling events which had recently occurred to me, thanks to the unexpected reintroduction of Galen Jhin'Dar Danner into my life.

[ 10-17-2002 01:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-17-2002 01:46 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn scowled blackly into middle space as he heard Shawn's question. He knew what had happened, at least from the angle of what had been going on in the Dining Hall with that red-headed teenager and Darth Whosis who suddenly popped up to join in the fray. He scowled even more when he remembered what had happened to his blaster, and reminded himself to make provisions to get another one. But at the moment, Jasyn really didn't have to sit around to hear what he already could figure out regarding what had happened here, and he suddenly had the itch for a drink in the worst kind of way. This place was getting creepier by the second...

Jasyn shot a look over to Matt. "I think now is a nice time for a drink," he observed, cocking a brow. "Want to join me?"

Matt rolled his eyes. "Jasyn, anytime is a good time for a drink with you. And I think I'll pass for now."

Nodding in understanding, Jasyn headed out of the room and back to the Dining Hall, not too surprised to find the bounty hunter there eating as well, fully clad in his armor aside from his helmet as he stood before the fire, his eye keenly trained on the entrance. Jasyn headed over to the sidebar and, not bothering with the wine goblets, simply grabbed a bottle of the brandy, strode over to a rather plush couch and sat, propping up his feet. He uncorked the bottle and took a good swig, sighing in contentment. "Gotta give the Sith credit for something. They've got the best damn brandy this side of Kessel..."

He grinned at that, taking yet another sip, all the while looking extremely forward to taking a momentary vacation from all the strange events that he'd recently observed.

[ 10-17-2002 01:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-17-2002 04:05 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Terrin and I entered this room, to take Galen to safety... when, out of nowhere, ShaRhylla snatches the babe... and throws Terrin into the wall... I still can't understand why she didn't do the same to me..."

He paused briefly, perhaps he did know why...

"I sensed what was going on in the dinning hall, and... quickly got there... that is all the information I know... I feel I should depart, to my quarters, and freesh up a bit..." He said, his face still covered in dry blood and dirt...

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-17-2002 07:53 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis stood for a moment, his mind focused in a deadly manor upon the task at hand...

Slowly he strode down into the training area, looking about, searchign for greater detail, before suddenly he stoped and turned to shayla. "You have learned many things, your life has been given opertunities that many could not even dream of... But that learning is not over... Not untill you find a complete and undieing harmony with the will of the universe..."

Turning again away from her he took a deep breath before speaking again "Sit down... Before the knowledge i have to give you may be passed... You must first be taught how to learn that knowledge... You will learn a meditation techneque... One created by sith sorcerers in order to better find hormony with the magicks sith possessed... It is for this reason that they have such a great command of those elements..."

He turned about again, facing her. "You must allow your mind to focuse upon something. in this excersise, you will learn to flex your mind... within your mind, see a single droplet of water... Watch as it falls, watchs as it goes becomes closer and closer to the glassy waters of a crystline lake... But that droplet must never touch the other waters, it must continue to fall forever within your mind, becoming closer and closer to the water... First thought you might have in this excersise, is to make the lake move away, or for the droplet to fall more slowly... Neither is correct." with that he turned and went of to sit down, watching silently...

This was never an easy lesson to learn... and he truly did wonder if the adept could do it... But he had faith in jharmeens judgement, he knew if she had believed in this girl... That he could also believe...

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.158
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-17-2002 07:57 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He stood tall... He could see that that being wished him to bow, but he would not... he bowed to no one.... But his eyes shown in respect, and he nodded a bit to the great being...

His eyes wandered for a moment to lock upon Graysith... she kneeled... weak
The thought came to him, and he quickly serpressed the hungry desires of evil within him... He could not fail...he would not fail.

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.158
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-17-2002 09:10 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn cocked a brow a moment as Loban explained just what had happened--but even more so at the fact that he mentioned he was surprised ShaRhylla hadn't thrown him against the wall as well.

Then what exactly had happened to the kid, that he was all dirty and there was blood on his face?

Shawn frowned at that.

"By all means, take care of your needs, but do not stray for long for you might be needed. And regarding the reasons Terrin was hit and not you--I believe that was a cruel strategical move of sorts, though it might have just been the fact that ShaRhylla was focused on the immediate scene in the room, and not on anything other than that."

He quieted at that, pursing his lips as his former question persisted to point out the fact that Loban still hadn't told him something. "Before you go, what happened to you if ShaRhylla didn't attack you here?"

Shawn cocked a brow, waiting to see what his new Padawan might answer.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-17-2002 09:40 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla nodded just once, then sat cross-legged on the floor of the training room. She let her arms fall loosely to her sides, her hands resting atop her knees. Then, taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and cleared her mind til there was just a drop of water falling. Once she had that in her mind, she looked to the lake which the droplet was falling, the droplet never falling more slowly, the lake never being moved away from the droplet. And yet the droplet continues to fall and fall, all the while never touching the lake.

An answer of sorts came to Shayla's mind, but she was unsure of its accuracy.

If the droplet of water never moves more slowly, and the lake never moves away, then perhaps both the droplet and the lake move together...

[ 10-17-2002 09:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-17-2002 09:49 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis watched her silently, his mind attuned to everything she was feeling... WHile he was not gifted, as some where, in the reading of minds, he was a very capable empath, and the feelings of success or failure that one gives out when the true answer is suddenly realized was easy enough for him to feel... And he could tell shayla had not yet reached the correct pathway to follow... "your thoughts are flawed, Adept... Time is against you, think faster"

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.244
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-17-2002 09:51 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea had been surprised by the sudden reveil of the bounty hunter but Master Petrolu had dealt with it and that was enough for her. She followed him obediently to Galen's quarters - chatting to fill the awkward silence about her. It was only when they reached the rooms that she became afraid. There were so many people in there - and so much pain. Thea didn't want to get in anyone's way so she sat down quietly outside, where she wouldn't have to watch - wouldn't have to see; hearing was enough for her. She sat there and sat there as people came in and out. It wasn't until Shayla left with that strange man and Loban addressed Master Petrolu that she stood and walked in the door.

"I apologize for my early... beliefs... I would greatly appreciate guidence, Jedi Master..." Loban was saying.

Thea held her breath, could Master Petrolu train them both? Would it be allowed? Or were the rules thrown out due to circumstance. Thea froze in the doorway waiting with baited breath for the Jedi's response.

"I believe some guidance can be arranged..." he answered.

Now Thea was a bit concerned, they hadn't forgotten her had they? She didn't think so but she wanted to be sure. She started forward to ask the Jedi when the two began thier serious conversation on the events of the day. She held back hovering just behind the Jedi, not moving, silently waiting to speak. She was just ready to go forward as Shawn dismissed Loban when the Jedi spoke again.

"Before you go, what happened to you if ShaRhylla didn't attack you here?"

She waited up on tip-toe for Loban to respond, but she couldn't take the moment of silence that followed the question anymore and quickly teetered forward, hurrying over to nuzzle herself against the Jedi as if she was saying to him, "Please don't forget about me. Don't leave me behind."
Silently she thought, mainly to herself, "I'll be a good student, I promise. I'll try really hard, and I'll learn. Just teach me."

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-17-2002 09:57 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This time Shayla didn't nod or reply any other way than simply hearing what the Sith Lord was telling her. She again focused her mind's eye on the droplet, falling towards the water...

...then she paid no more heed to the water below, but rather where the droplet was moving. As she continued to watch it, the droplet took a life of its very own, continually moving, never stopping, yet moving so that it never made contact with the other water, but never ever ceasing to move and always avoiding...

...while the lake all the while remained standing still.

[ 10-17-2002 09:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-17-2002 10:17 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn averted his gaze from Loban momentarily to squat and look into Thea's big blue eyes. He smiled. "I have not forgotten about you, do not worry so."

Then he frowned the smallest bit, sensing Thea's discomfiture with the situation and her surroundings. "Perhaps it would serve you well spend more time with the people here. I sense you are afraid of some things because they appear frightening--remember that you must not judge a book by its cover."

He held a serious gaze with her for a moment then, standing, looked once more to Loban. "What caused your injuries?" he prompted, waiting quietly once more.

[ 10-17-2002 10:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-17-2002 10:25 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"That's the problem, I had planned on asking Shayla that very question... the last thing I remember, before I awoke, was peering into the dinning hall where ShaRhylla confronted the group..."

He then quieted, and waited to see if Shawn would excuse him...

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-17-2002 10:40 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt, who had been sitting by listening quietly, decided it was finally time to interject. "I can tell you exactly what happened in the Dining Hall. After some Darth Wicked guy popped up in the room who turned out not to be Darth Wicked somehow, ShaRhylla disappeared then reappeared with JhinDarra in tow. Somewhere around there you came flying out in a blaze of glory with your lightsaber and told ShaRhylla to come with you. Told her that someone or other was weak and that he would die.

I've seen alot of weird things in this galaxy lately, but that ranks somewhere in the top five. I watch and assess everything; man, your muscles were buldging. It was like you were a different person or something."

Matt halted at that, waiting to see what anyone would say.

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-17-2002 10:53 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn frowned as he heard Matt's words, immediately realizing that this sounded exactly like when Loban had dueled Lord Recinis out in the courtyard. But that had been because of that lightsaber of his...

...and they had gotten rid of the thing. So what was this all about? The Sith sorceror had given him a lightsaber when he'd sent him off to search for Freedon Naad...

Shawn held out his hand. "Loban, let me have your lightsaber before you go..."

[ 10-17-2002 10:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-17-2002 11:14 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis looked at her for a moment... She could not see it... It was a simple thing to view a water droplet...and even more simple for it to never touch water, but she could not see WHY it never touched...

"You must remember, Shayla... You are being forced to think of a year, in a day... This concept is possible to understand... But you must look at your own thoughts...the answer lies within."

--------------------

---BMG

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-17-2002 11:55 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Think of a year in a day. Now, why does this seem familiar?

One cannot cross space without passing through time; nor can one pass through time without moving from one space into another.

Now, the water droplet cannot move through space without taking up time, and vise versa. But if it is moving in your mind, Shayla Stargazer Petrolu, is it moving through space or time? No, for memories do not move. They just are. Whatever is inside you that you are focusing upon simpy is what it is and nothing more...

[ 10-17-2002 11:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-18-2002 12:02 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis smiled, and stood, approuching her quietly. "yes, Adept, Space and time do not exist in your mind... They are mere figments of your desires... It is thus that a droplet of water, which you create, will never touch the water... For it does not pass through time, unless you desire it to do so...and without your desire for it to pass through time, it may indeed be falling, but it will not move, though it grows ever closer to its destination.... This is a concept not well understood in the galexy...it is for these reasons sorcers minds are sharp, because they know they can come up with a solution without spending time thinking...for time is null in thought..."

He became serious once more, placing a pebble before her, which he had picked up from the floor "consider this adept... It is you. Find its significance... all that this pebble is, is all that you are in the universe..."

With that he turned, and left the room, finding his way to yet another quiet place, and falling into his own meditation.

--------------------

---BMG

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-18-2002 12:07 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban was half motioning to reach for his saber, when he realized he didn't have it...

"I seem to have misplaced it... I don't believe I had it, when I awoke outside... perhaps it is in the dining hall..." He then waited for Shawn's reply...

--------------------

Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-18-2002 12:17 AM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I have not forgotten about you, do not worry so. Perhaps it would serve you well spend more time with the people here. I sense you are afraid of some things because they appear frightening--remember that you must not judge a book by its cover."

Thea nodded at the Jedi, she knew he was right, but all the same, the changes in her life and the terror she had been put through since her kidnapping, still haunted her. She was still jumpy from it all and longed only for the safety she once knew. But she was a good student and she would do what the Jedi - any true Jedi - said. As Shawn stood back up she lightly took a hold of his hand as he continued his conversation with Loban. The presence of the two - Jedi and Padawan - comforted her greatly, she felt safe close to them. Safe as she hadn't for the longest time.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-18-2002 12:17 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla cocked her head, considering the pebble in the complete silence of the room.

Indeed, how is it possible to consider the worth of a pebble...to consider the worth of a oneself...when one considers nothing more oneself? Truly, this is not possible, for one has to look at the Big Picture of things in order to judge significance at all. And while one might consider themselves small as a pebble, even a pebble when thrown into lake creates ripples that in turn stir the water. Significance is determined by one's impact on the lives of others, and this in turn is only determined in relationship to what has passed, what is happening, and what is yet to come. Significance is determined...

...in Time.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05