my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Shadows of the Mind (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Shadows of the Mind
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-15-2002 10:17 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla stopped for a moment and whirled, glaring at the bounty hunter, still keenly sensing his thoughts.

But for some reason she found herself beginning to agree with him.

Turning back to Galen, she didn't bother to send out another thought to her. If JhinDarra wasn't even connecting with her, then something was just really not right.

"You wanna help?" she said to Loban. "Hold the baby." Then she handed Darra to him and, putting every once of strength she had into it, shook Galen, hard. Then she landed the best bunch of slaps she possibly could, and continued to do so, ignoring whatever looks anyone else might be giving her at the moment.

And hey, the hunter had a point.

As she continued, Shayla could swear she saw the look in Galen's eye begin to clear..

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-15-2002 10:30 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt had been on deck so very long ago when Galen had first arrived with Terrin and Graysith had taken over her mind. While she hadn't been very far gone at the time but rather simply back in time somewhere, reality was what eventually was able to bring her back. Which meant they'd have to physically get her into reality again somehow before she could see it. He was about to state as much when Jasyn, who had been not to far from Terrin's side, said something that momentarily diverted his attention.

"Terrin's head wound is still draining fluid, badly" he interjected, concerned. "The bandages are beginning to become wet."

Matt glanced down at Terrin, for the first time taking his eyes off the scene with Galen and Shayla. Had he just fallen asleep a moment ago? Or was he slipping out completely again?

Shawn Petrolu moved over to Terrin's side. "I'll take care of this."

Matt nodded, then redirected his attentions to Shayla, who still didn't seem to be quite getting through despite her change in tactics. He observed carefully for a split second, then said, "Maybe someone a touch stronger should be doing that..."

[ 10-15-2002 10:33 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-15-2002 01:31 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla paused once again, conceding the point. She actually shot an apologetic look in the bounty hunter's direction. "Point taken," she said, then simply moved out of the way and gave the bounty hunter space to work, finally realizing that this was probably the only thing that would work.

[ 10-15-2002 01:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-15-2002 01:38 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Although Graysith had yet to reach the steps of the Temple, in reality she was already inside, following events transpiring within a particular room therein with a scrutinizing eye... frowning to herself to see all that was happening.

"I have been using the Link with my Adept to follow the course of this new dilemma," she finally spoke aloud, letting both her loves know what was happening. Then she couldn't help but frown more darkly, not liking the undercurrents which were swirling in the background of that room.

She sighed, casting her eyes Recinis's way now.

"It would seem my Adept needs further training, my Love. Perhaps you would assist in this once we have Galen fully restored? Indeed, I must then continue on to discuss matters with my Sire--

"Matters regarding him."

She halted briefly, indicating Darth Wicked with a nod of her head, now shooting a plea directly into his mind.

Stay strong, my Dark Heart....

"It concerns me greatly why the entity he yet harbors, clearly being pure evil as was that demonic imp which has plagued us for so long, chose to inhabit this particular body," she continued aloud. "There are many, many who have died, and possibly many dark jedi stronger yet than him."

She now turned and continued walking along.

"The fact that he did indeed choose the body of my Dark Heart leads me to believe that indeed the ex-Lord Ankrist Roan has his fingers involved in this all; I cannot stress how imperative it is that he dies, and quickly, my dear husband."

Falling silent on those grim words, she merely kept moving through the quiet Phrinnchatkan streets, flanked by two who would forever hold her heart, two whom she knew she would die for although, as her Lord had once stated to her, to continue living for him, and thus them, through whatever adversity that might arise would be a far, far truer display of that love.

She hurried on.

[ 10-15-2002 01:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 10-15-2002 02:29 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I just stood there a split second longer, my arms crossed, and directed the full enigmatic appeal of my visor directly into this wonderful young woman's face. It was all I could do to refrain from making any snide comments as I then moved forward, brushing her roughly aside with my armored shoulder.

I leaned over Galen, then physically picked her up by her shoulders. Holding her with one hand, gripping her upper arm roughly, I now reached the other up and yanked my helmet from my head. Then that hand returned to its grip on her other arm.

"Galen," I said in a grimly urgent tone. "Galen. Snap out of it now, girl; c'mon, you're stronger than this. It's me, Sorben; Galen babes, I'm here.

"And so's our daughter."

I then gave her a great and teeth-jolting shake, and another, and yet another. Her head flew limply back and forth; now I reached out a hand and stopped that movement before she suffered whiplash. Pursing my lips, I then hauled off and belted her a good one, right smack across her beautiful face, right on top of the bruises now beginning to develop where I had already hit her.

Oh Fates, Galen! Don't make me continue doing this! C'mon, c'MON!

I clenched my jaw then, quickly taking a hand from her to stick the fingers of my gauntlet into my mouth and yank that off as well. When I replaced that hand on her, it was on the rising warmth of her cheek. I peered deeply into the blankness of her eyes, seeing again that retreat she had gone to when she thought I had been killed, remembering the anguish I had felt then as I had struck her over and over to bring her back, anguish I was reliving now.

Dammit! Where was Quee when I needed him?!

I blinked quickly, then drew back infinitesimally. Then I hauled back that hand, fisted it, and sending a silent prayer to Khaandon as she was always wont to do, I let loose and literally round-housed her.

It was all I could do to remain just standing there as I felt that impact, heard the distinctive crunch of teeth breaking, and then forced myself to simply watch her as she flew entirely from my grasp to land in a heap on the floor.

[ 10-15-2002 02:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 10-15-2002 03:05 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
OK, this does it.

I mean, this really does it.

Can't a gal just take a nice lil nap around here any longer...?

Here. Hang on a tick; where's here...?

Oh yes, this smotheringly nice fuzz in which I have curled, this wonderful place that keeps me safe from all harm, from the harm THEY said THEY could keep me from, could keep Darra from...

Only they couldn't.

And now, once again, SOMETHING is bothering me. Something is trying to pull me from here, I can feel it, and dammitall it's making me just plain mad.

HOW DARE THIS SOMEONE! Who the hell does this someone, these someones, think they are?!

Hang on a tick-- someONES??? MORE???

This just does it, it just really is the absolutely very last straw, the one that broke the ronto's back...!

"DAMMIT!!!" I hollered, suddenly sitting bolt upright, not knowing where in Hell's Seven Circles that I was, only knowing where I was NOT, my arms flinging out instinctively as I lashed out against all these somebodies who kept annoying and pestering and niggling and bothering me so, and just quite simply would NOT quit....

I froze then, as reality found the door these someones had begun to open and flung it wide. I blinked once, twice, then reached a hand gingerly up to wipe the blear from my eyes so I could take a better look at who I was going to have to fight.

A room swam into focus then, one occupied by that Adept of my sister's, and Matt, and Jasyn, and hovering over by the door was the continually unruffled form of that Jedi, Shawn... and sleeping nearby was my husband--

Sleeping?!

...and standing in front of me a particular bounty hunter of whom I have made an acquaintance, his baby blues holding the most worried expression I had ever seen... ok, amend that. Deja vu here; seems I've seen that look before....

It hit me then.

Terrin. Sorben.

Here.

Why are they here? What happened that they are here?

Them both.

Here.

My jaw would have dropped at the reality of them both together in the same room with me, but it simply hurt too much, suddenly hurting as feelings I really didn't want to face at the moment simultaneously rushed up to engulf me in a great and overwhelming flood.

I blinked sudden tears from my eyes, blinked again, confused, unsure of myself yet somehow so very, very certain of which feeling was beginning to take the upper hand.. and viciously slapped entirely away that whispering little voice which was suddenly informing me that little fuzzy place was yet waiting for me...

...for there, held in the arms of that young jedi padawannabe, was my little JhinDarra.

I gave out a sob through teeth which somehow did not feel quite right, and held out my arms to the ONE love of which I harbored absolutely no question or confusion or any associated pain.

None whatsoever.

"Darra!"

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-15-2002 04:20 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban was keenly aware of his duty... He was quickly before Galen,"There's Mommy..."

He then gently handed Darra to Galen, and turned to go back to his position at Shayla's side...

"if I see you touch a woman like that agian, it will take more than a Jedi Knight to heal you, my friend..." He whispered, as he passed Sorben...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-15-2002 04:30 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla turned and actually glared at Loban, her acute hearing picking up his whispered words. "Did you miss the part where nothing else was working but what the hunter was doing?" she growled under her breath, folding her arms.

Way to go and make a guy more suspicious, buster...

[ 10-15-2002 04:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-15-2002 04:36 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
That is the only reason he stands unharmed... I'll explain later...

He sent into Shayla's mind, through the link they shared...

I certainly hope these glares are signs of affection... If so, she really does love me...

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-15-2002 04:43 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla frowned for only a moment more.

What the heck was Loban talking about?

Then she eased up both mentally and in stance, sending yet one more message along the pathways of her link with Graysith.

Galen has been reached. Although I fear with all that has happened she might lose her trust in us once again...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-15-2002 04:48 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After attending after Terrin for a bit, Shawn at length looked up, shooting a reprimanding look in Loban's direction as he wondered just why he felt the need to say something to Sorben Tarnus at this point, whispered words or not. Then, satisfied with the results he was getting with Terrin, he interjected his status, just to calm some minds regarding what was going on. "He busted a blood clot that was blocking off fluid drainage, probably while he was making his way out here," Shawn said aloud, unsure who might actually be listening. "I've been able to contain the problem, relieve the pressure, and repair the fracture in his skull. He might be asleep for a while, but he'll come around, probably sooner than later."

At that Shawn fell silent, scanning the room to see if anyone would respond to what he had just said, all the while noting what young Loban had just done, and reminding himself that the kid really could use some guidance in matters of public relations...

[ 10-15-2002 05:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 10-15-2002 06:13 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I merely tensed as the young smart-alecky kid stalked past me in a cloud of what he thought was moral outrage, sneered to hear that snippity gal in turn snap at him, and all but growled when the Jedi, who had been primarily just hanging around, finally went yet again to the bandaged man and helped his sorry frame.

Glowering at them all, I uttered a snort of disgust. Then with the swiftness I have used to leave many a mark dead in many a system, I took myself to Galen's side, kneeling gently beside her. For a moment I remained quiet, searching her with my eyes, and inwardly heaving a huge sigh of relief.

I reached out a hand to touch her cheek yet more gently.

"C'mon, babes," I whispered softly. "Let's get you out of here and see to that jaw. You were in pretty deep, but I'll tell ya there's not a soul here who's happier than me to see you back...

"With the possible exception of our daughter," I finished, now rising up with her supported in my arms, my daughter cradled happily between us.

Then casting a glare that dared anyone to stop me, I started leading her to the door, delighted to see how she didn't utter a peep but simply fell in step right along with me.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-15-2002 10:38 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As graysith spoke he could not help the slight wince which hit his features, though he quickly turned them to blankness...

Do you have the heart to tell her that it was none other then yourself that told him how to get this body? your darker half yes, but you none the less... Can you tell her of your failure?

he sighed, a dark laugh rising up within his mind, as if to taunt him... Though he could not remember everything... He knew one thing for certain, and this was what made him stop dead in his tracks.

"he can not be destroyed... I am whole inside this body, yes, but... i am still dead... It is his life which allows me to be here...when it is removed... so to will i go."
Pushing his jaw forward in utter pride he stood tall "Should i lose control, i want you to kill me..." he turned slowly, looking deeply into graysiths eyes "I dont wish anything to happen to you... To any of you... A dark jedi i may be, but i am not heartless..."
Ow how i hope i am not heartless...

[ 10-15-2002 10:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.214
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-15-2002 10:48 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis looked at him, a true desire to help the man rising within him.
He then spoke, hoping his words would give the man faith, for that was truly what the man needed right now.

"Do not worry. You have already proven you are strong, or else, would that demon have chosen to inhabbit your body? and because you are strong, i can sense you will fight this to the end, you will not fail my friend..."

His eyes them gleamed with true respect as he spoke his next words "Your words show you indeed do have a heart... I know how it feels to be unsure of such things... But worry not, as long as you are with us, your heart shall thrive...and he will be contained..."

he then turned, continuing on there way... he was not sure what was happening, but he was ready to assist in anyway possible...

[ 10-15-2002 10:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.224.87.16
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 10-15-2002 10:54 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The cold vanished beneath a sudden flood of wonderful life bringing warmth, the small form of the child simply curled itself into a possition, and let his world fall to unconciousness once more, as more and more of that wonderful warmth seeped into him...and slowly the strange darkness, which he attributed to the cold, faded, as his mind went blank, he managed yet another coherent thought, knowing somehow that she would recieve it, if indeed he was capable of that level of thought and understanding...

"thank you mommy..."

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.224.87.16
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-16-2002 03:59 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith paused once more in her tracks, feeling the welling rush of warmth rising from deep within her belly; one which radiated outward in a growing sphere which met with its purest counterpart: the utter sincerity likewise radiating from her husband. Smiling a bit, she melted against his side, her hand on her stomach, letting a pleasant little shiver ripple through her as his strong arm instinctively went about her waist. She turned into that grip, reaching up to give him a soft kiss; then she drew away from him entirely and turned to face Darth Wicked.

Her heart sang, buoyed by the approving and supportive love sent to her by Recinis, strengthened beyond anything understood by the cold realm of logic and the mind alone by the great wealth of understanding he lent to her as well. Now she approached Wicked, and laid a quiet hand on his arm, letting the other reach up to gently brush his lips.

"As long as I live I will love you, my Dark Heart; that I told you, I have always told you. All that I ever did I did for two purposes only: for the Sith, and for you. For Thee. With the strength I have sensed in you, have always sensed! -- with this strength and the love I bear, surely this evil thing will be kept beaten deeply within you. It is a foul thing, and one of much power; that much I know."

She paused with a little choke, her thoughts whirling immediately to her daughter. Then she got herself back under control and continued.

"It must not be allowed release, my dearest Dark Love; I trust in you and your strength. But I promise you this:

"I love you too much to allow his foulness to desecrate your body by rising to take control of it. Should that happen... I--

"I will slay you myself, and set your spirit free."

With that she turned quickly away from him, unable to let her thoughts travel in that particular direction any longer. In silence she simply continued walking through the quiet Phrinnchatkan streets, until at length they came up to the great stepped Temple of the city. The smile on her lips turned grim as she mounted those steps.

"My Lord, when we gain the interior, would you see to Shayla? She is so eager to please, to learn and to apply that knowledge... yet she does need once again a bit of reminding as to always look at the greater picture in all things. I was not pleased in how she ignored the hunter in his efforts to restore the mind of my sister... which at least now is restored, at least to a degree.

"Whether Galen trusts us still or has taken another step backward is something I shall have to assist with, I fear; she is with the hunter now, my love. Let her remain with whoever it is she wishes at this time.

"But Shayla needs some small lesson. I sensed from the hunter that he was fully aware of Galen having before fallen into the state she was in; he knew how to deal with it, and was deterred. That deterrence could have led to failure. Luckily, it did not.

"I would see to this, but I feel I need to bring My Dark-- that is, Darth Wicked before my Sire, that some type of plan might be discussed as to his role here in our growing population. As well as some other things."

She reached the top of the temple and the end of her directive at the same time, and there paused in silence to scrutinize her husband's glorious green eyes. She then smiled, and nodded once. Then before continuing on, she waited to hear what response he might have, or if her Dark Heart would choose to make one of his own as well.

[ 10-16-2002 04:21 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-16-2002 12:59 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Wait," Shawn said, actually having the nerve to get up and stand in front of the hunter and Galen, one hand in the air. "I only inteded to give Galen a moment to breath and hold Darra before I saw to her physical needs. I wanted the emotional wounds healed first and foremost.

Then, not even waiting for either Galen or the bounty hunter to reply, Shawn reached out, cupped Galen's chin, and in a matter of a few minutes was able to correct the injury to her jaw as well as heal the bruises on her face.

Seeing this was complete, he stepped out of the way and folded his hands in the sleeves of his robe, feeling that to say anything at this point would simply serve no good.

[ 10-16-2002 01:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 10-16-2002 03:44 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I couldn't help but tense once again as this jedi came up to stop us in our tracks. Indeed, my hand instinctively flew to my blaster... only to stop abruptly as the helmet and gauntlet I was holding in that hand hit my thigh, stopping it in its tracks as well.

I appeased myself with a narrowing of my eyes, never letting my grip around Galen's shoulder's drop. But it loosened a touch when I realized that somebody other than myself was finally -- finally! -- trying to see to Galen's welfare. So I simply held her upright, letting him tend to her, and gradually felt some of the tenseness leave her body as his healing touch began alleviating the worst of the pain I had to give her.

I winced again as that thought struck home.

Galen babes, I sure hope you forgive me. You were in deeper than you were before....

Then I drew in a deep breath, forcing that thought aside. I had a feeling I'd have the chance to talk to her about this later; right now though, a more pressing issue reared its head.

Gently I turned Galen away from the jedi and took her other shoulder, letting my helmet and gauntlet drop to the floor with a little thud. I squeezed her shoulders, kneading them gently, staring into her face which at last lifted from our daughter to stare back at me.

I'd seen many a look in her eyes before, but never before had those eyes appeared as huge to me. My jaw worked a bit, then I spoke quietly to her.

"Is there somewhere I can take you, babes?" I asked her now. I mean, I might not particularly like this group of people who shared with me the suddenly too-small confines of this room, but I did realize that they were probably who she had been staying with. Hell's Seven Circles, her husband was laying on the bed over there, out like a light.

She had to have a home here or a room or somewhere I could take her while I figured out a way to get us out of this mess.

If there is an "us," Hunter! a little voice spoke mockingly inside me. You've finally admitted how you feel, but you haven't a clue as to what she's thinking, do you? So take 'er outta hyperdrive, hotshot, and give the lady some room....

My lips pursed into a grim line at that thought, but it didn't change my manner in the slightest. I just stood there, holding her shoulders, waiting for her to answer.

And while I was waiting, another thought hit home.

Might as well take advantage of the situation. Fates know you might not get the opportunity again....

Slowly I leaned forward, pressing my lips into the red silkiness of our daughter's hair, pausing there a moment to simply breathe in the sweet essence of our little girl. Then I drew back, staring once more into Galen's face, and waited to hear where she wanted to go.

If anywhere at all, that is.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-16-2002 09:41 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mmmmm. So nice to finally find oneself in a completely restful sleep...

...SLEEP?!

Now, there was something not quite right about this, but things were just now really beginning to come into focus for Terrin Danner again, so he took a few moments to assess.

Lessee...what had he been doing exactly? Ah yes. Getting Galen and little JhinDarra to safety when...

...that little brat of Graysith's came in and snatched Darra. Seems you vaguely remember snapping into things long enough to find out that Graysith had somehow retrieved Darra...

...so what's not exactly right about this picture again?

If he'd been awake enough to frown at this point, Terrin would have. He scanned through the good ole' short term memory to see what he could pull up, now that it seemed to be functioning properly. And that's when the "something wrong" with this whole situation slammed into him.

You were worried that ShaRhylla had grabbed Galen too, weren't you buddy? But she wasn't taken, was she?

No, no...not taken. But rather in shock, most certainly over what had happened with Darra. In horrible, terrible shock. You came out here to try to console her...

So what happened between then and now, that you seem to be lying somewhere without...

The missing puzzle piece fell into place. Terrin's eyes snapped open to a much clearer room as terror jolted him, and his eyes fell directly on the form of Shayla Petrolu first. Maybe it was just the bump on the head, but Terrin was suddenly feeling very suspicious and very worried.

"Why am I laying here, when my wife is in trouble? Why the HELL was I moved from her side, when she needs me?!" he seethed at Shayla, though the words might have been truly aimed at himself more than he realized. And while the words were somewhat quiet, Terrin was certain he could be heard.

He sat up on his elbows and was just about to swing his legs over the edge of the bed, whether they wanted to go there or not, when he continued with, "Where is..."

Then he simply froze where he was as his blue eyes landed on the pair, baby in tow no less, standing near the doorway. One final word rose achingly from his throat.

"...Galen..."

[ 10-16-2002 09:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-16-2002 10:30 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis nodded, leaning down he kissed her gently "Indeed, i will see to your adept..." with a brief smile, he turned to wicked "Stay strong, remember, you have it within you to fight this... Never lose hope, never forget your confedence." with that he nodded and turned, heading off to where he knew shayla to be...

Quickly he came to the place where it seemed everyone was...

As he came to the door he stopped before galan and Sorben, his eyes locked upon sorben, studying him for a moment before nodding slowly.
"Greetings... I trust your wounds have been treated?"

he spoke seriously to the man, features straight, standing tall. He did not know the man, but he did hold a respect for him beyond what normal men were able to hold in the dark lords eyes.

for but a moment longer he looked at the man, before nodding to himself, and turning through the large doorway to approuch shayla.
"Has your mind fully recovered?" he asked slowly to her, before falling silent to await a reply.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.224.87.35
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 10-16-2002 10:52 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My head was whirling like hades, and my heart even more so, and my jaw felt like a Tusken had stuck his gaderffii stick in between my two back molars and had set his bantha on the other end of it. I just stood there a moment, cuddling Darra to me, then after turning my eyes up into Sorben's baby blues--

Oh sheesh, he's come out from hiding beneath his helmet--!

--I took a little step backward. He didn't try to hinder me in any way, but let his arms fall to his sides without saying a single word. I worked my jaw a little bit more, trying to come up with something to fill the gaping void I suddenly found myself surrounded with, but nothing would come out at the moment. My chest constricting, I just stared at him, then turned and stared at Terrin, who I noticed propped up on one elbow, his head bandaged.

My chest constricted further. I then turned to look into Shawn's calm countenance.

"Is he--?" I asked, grinding to a halt, a veritable boulder filling my torso. All I could do was nod toward Terrin, then stare mutely into Shawn's eyes again.

A fraction of the boulder within me chipped off when I read the verdict in Shawn's returning look. Terrin was going to be okay... physically, that is. I was just about to say something when Lord Recinis strode into the room, and looked Sorben straight in the eye.

Something seemed to pass between them... then he went over to Shayla and started speaking to her.

I let out my breath in a sigh. That was my cue.

"I-- I have some rooms I've been staying in, Sorben," I began, shifting Darra's slight weight in my arms. "Thank you; ummm... maybe you'd better ask Lord Recinis where you can stay as well. I know there's a place here for you..."

I didn't bother to tell him that now that he was here, he was possibly going to be here for a long time. I just smiled a little shakily at him, gulping a bit when he turned his gaze from the Sith Dark Lord and arrowed it, full intensity, into my own.

I then walked over to where Terrin lay, reached down with one hand, and squeezed his arm.

Then I turned on my heel and strode out of the room, heading for my own private suites where I could go back to the Square One I had been thrashing with before this last bout of All-Hell had broken loose.

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-16-2002 11:09 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Her eye on all that was progressing, Shayla finally turned to look at Lord Recinis, nodding slightly to indicate that things had taken a one-eighty concerning her anger and that little package of despair that had been placed inside her. "Yes, it is, thank you," she said quietly. Then she turned again to look to see what else might be happening in the room as Galen made her exit, all the while waiting for Lord Recinis's response.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-16-2002 11:19 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He merly nodded, before turning about, bringing himself to an imposing stance. "then it is time, adept, that you delve deeper into the realm of sith knowledge. You will follow." without waiting a moment for a response, he walked off, stoping momentarily as he considered sorben, he then directed the man to quarters, and told him where he might find somethign to eat, and drink... It was then he was off, turning down many hallways within the temple, untill they began a decent into the bowls of the great temple, falling into the training area of warriors, within a deep underground complete beneath the temple... Soon he stood in a large room, one with many different area's within it, providing all that was needed for training warriors.

He took in his surroundings stoiticly, silently awaiting shayla's approuch.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.224.87.35
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-16-2002 11:29 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Training...

Shayla was off for training as a sith...

This woke something up within Lo-Ban... he is a padawan, or at least was... perhaps he hadn't given Shawn a chance, or even the respect a Jedi Knight deserves...

I will learn all I can from him...

He gave Shawn a look across the room, and approached him...

"I apologize for my early... beliefs... I would greatly appreciate guidence, Jedi Master..." He then quieted, placed his hands behind his back, and awaited Shawn's reply...

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-16-2002 11:41 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin just closed his eyes a moment at Galen's gentle touch then watched quietly as she left the room, Darra in her arms. As he watched them go, a little voice that had been whispering in his head--though it could have been the remainder of the ring from when he was thrown against the wall--pointed out the little fact that they had been seperated yet again in a place where they were supposed to be completely safe.

One thing was for damn sure. This issue was gonna be resolved, if he had to resolve it himself. That little witch better have been permanantly removed from Prinn'chatka after flitting off with Darra like that...

Terrin made a mental note to himself to see to these matters very shortly, just as soon as he got just a little bit of rest.

And who the hell knew when he'd slept last anyway...

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05