my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The end of the hunt (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The end of the hunt
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 11-26-2002 01:45 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Surrounded by a horde of "beings" that looked disturbingly like a certain imp he would have perferred to forget, Terrin's fight or flight buzzer was blasting in his head at maximum volume. He didn't move for the moment, but stood completely still while the teenaged-Sith next to him actually let out a scream.

A SCREAM? This kid is supposed to be an All-user, and he screams?!

Terrin cursed the fact that he was unarmed; Actar had taken all of his weapons before he had been imprisoned. Granted, a blaster probably wouldn't go very far towards defeating a horde of demons, but it'd be better than nothing. Which was currently where things stood.

Sheesh, Darra would have even been able to respond to this threat, came an errant thought which spurred Terrin into further action.

He was not ready to die, not today. Not when Darra was in the hands of Ankrist Roan and Galen was out there who knew where without her. Hell, he'd lose another arm before he'd simply stand around here and WAIT to be jumped.

"Look kid," he muttered under his breath at last, "unless you've got something up your sleeve I'd say there's only one thing we can do to even possibly get out of this sitaution."

He moved fractionally to eye the young Sith, uttering one final word. "Run."

Without further preamble he grabbed the boy by the arm and whirled, proceeding to do exactly that, hoping like hell that they could make it out of the city in one piece...

[ 11-26-2002 01:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.87
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-26-2002 02:45 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I finally reached the bottom of the slope I was scrambling down, and stopped at the edge of the tarmac of Ch'arlingua. There I paused a moment, my hands on my knees as I panted for breath...

Sheesh, Galen! You've gotten out of shape! Gotta do something about that....

...before finally straightening up to take in the sight before us. And it was just as eerie as I had remembered it to be: ship after alien-looking ship parked amidst shadows which seemed to somehow writhe and coil, even though the protective shield was down letting in the light of the K'eel Doban sun. The dim redness of that light didn't do much toward making me feel any better about our circumstances; the little hairs on the back of my neck stood up at attention and remained stiffly there.

I heard a final scrabble of stone, and Flac came up, er that is, down to stand beside me. He was puffing just as badly. I pursed my lips; then I grabbed his arm in excitement.

"There it is!" I whispered, nodding my head toward the little greeny-golden wonder that sat there like some ripe and delicious fruit just waiting to be picked. My eyes widened as I took her in....

Those little Sith ships were ever so much better than the weird thing I had just been flying.

That decided things for me. I nodded again, and turned to Flac.

"Look, change in plans. If that ship is here, that means Roan is too--

"And he's managed to get somebody with him," I added, recalling that there were two distant and shadowy figures I had seen walking across the tarmac from that ship. "I don't know about you, but I'm gonna get that ship! It's the only thing that might stand a chance in finding Roan's hidey-hole, or getting us in... Aelvedaar be damned!"

With that I quickly disengaged myself from DJ's flightsuit, and pressed it hurriedly into Flac's somewhat surprised hands.

"Come if you want, but I'm not going back in DJ," I finished and no sooner had done so than I sprinted off toward the Sith fighter.

It took but a moment to open the hatch and clamber inside. I didn't even turn to see if Flac had followed me or not. I just scrambled into the pilot's seat, closed 'er up, and let her jump into the red K'eel Doban skies.

En route I was certain to enable the light-bending device on the Sith flightsuit that I was still wearing, so we would remain invisible to all.

Well, nearly all....

Then I put her into a polar orbit, and reached for the nook which held the Sith flight-logs and such. There had to be some information somewhere about this wretched planet....

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-26-2002 03:31 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
At some point Terrin had lost track of whether Jharu was still with him or not. Somehow he figured that it was safe to assume, at this point, that Lord Aelvedaar was not home or not interested. So much for Jharu's plan to seek the sorceror's help; time for a Plan B, if in fact there was a plan B at all. Staying in this hellhole was no longer profitable to the task at hand; not to mention the fact that every damn demon in Hell seemed to now be on their tail.

So he pressed onward, not even daring to look back at the horde of Sith demons he just knew were following him. The only thing that stopped him at all was the fact that, when he entered the spaceport, the Sith ship he and the young boy had come in seemed to be suspiciously... missing.

Terrin frowned. What the kriffing hell was going on here...? It wasn't like there were too many folks around who could fly off in a Sith ship...

He glanced around the tarmac suspiciously, almost expecting Ankrist Roan himself to pop out and jump him. His blue eyed gaze did finally fall on the figure of a man, however. He was standing there, holding armor of some sort, and looking completely shocked.

Good grief. Someone had been following them, or at least had entered the spaceport, and Jharu hadn't noticed this? Something smelled fishy here.

Terrin approached the gaping man, and simply glared. "Who the hell are you, and what the hell are you doing here?"

[ 11-26-2002 03:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.87
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-26-2002 07:21 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu simply ignored terrins words...

Run? he couldnt run... Not now... Sorounded... there was just no way out...

his eyes closed yet tighter, though he couldnt get the yowling, and scratchign from his ears...

As he felt something brush against his arm, causing something to trickle down his flesh... his blood?

as he stood there it was as if something simply gave out, dieing beneath the touch of another force taking hold of his being...

As his eyes again opened they were indeed not the eyes of the free spirited young warrior... they held an emerald glow which threatened to consume all...

He cast his dark scowl across the demons, before his body seemed to snap, sending him sprinting... he indeed would run... But he wasnt going to give up on his descision to find the sorcerer...

As he ran he lept into the air, using a nearby pillar to give him a spring, he fell upon a granet bench...

He stood slowly, and began runing again, the demons were behind him, but he knew they would soon be upon him... Perhaps there were more ahead...

He almost growled as he entered the temple, his eyes spinning about place... it was in ruins...

his mind spun with thoughts...

What could he do? he was out of options... And he truly hoped that the sorcerer was indeed as powerful as his parants had made him out to be.

"AELVEDAAR!!!" his voice erupted from his lungs in a fiery gust of breath, echoing hollowly through the empty halls...

There had to be a way...

as he stood, now panting, his eyes were again taken by the soft voilet of there natural color...

deep within his soul, it was as if a pheonix had died, and then returned anew from the very ashes of its destruction...

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.25
Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 11-27-2002 08:51 PM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac continued to look at the armor for a second, not sure what exactly had happened...

Alrighty flac... What do you do now? galen left... now, lets see, you have no way of finding her... You COULD rewire DJ... But... Arrgg... hate to do it, but its the only chance of survival, and escape...

Now, lets see... Where you gonna go... For all you know she's long gone to see the wizard of Oz... hmmm... well, if that ship WAS her ship, then you DO have her comm frequency... option one right there... but there will be time for that latter... you made a promise... Roan's here... Its time to get darra back...

Suddenly he stripped the wrist plate from the armor and snapped it onto his own wrist, pressing a button which blinked for a moment before going dark once more... He then dropped the armor to the ground with a slight thud.

he then turned to the man who had addressed him, as though realizing there was someone else there for the first time...

His eyes narrowed suddenly. "What the hell is with you god damned people and always asking me why im here! jeez... You darken's sure are losing your touch..."

In the blink of an eye he had his blaster out and pointed it at terrin and sighed. "alright now... Lets do this the RIGHT way... Who the hell are YOU and why oh why are you here? by the way, im gonna kill you AND your boss... I made a promise, and your going down... but if you enjoy life, i might let you live for another fraction of a second if you start talking..."

--------------------

"Faster then a jedi pulls a rabit out of his hat"
---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.152
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-27-2002 09:20 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu took a deep breath and looked about... quickly picking a direction and heading off in it... he wasnt sure, but somethign was telling him to go that way...

Maybe the sorcerer... Maybe a demon...

he shrugged to himself as he passed down another little passage way, he heard the scraping of demon's behind him and suddenly he took off into a dead run...

at seeming random he shoved open a halfway broken door, and entered, slamming it behind...

he looked about and almost gasped... At his feat, and all over the place there were demonic corpses...

"no wonder they slowed down after that last turn... Im gettin outa here..."

As he turned to leave though, he cought sight of something...

it was a sword of somesort... curved slightly... sheath etched in runes...

it was just sitting there... Begging for him to take it...

"well... I DO need a weapon afterall..."

He reached down slowly, and took hold of the sword on both the sheath, and the handle, examining it closly, when suddenly spikes shot forth impalling his hands, he dropped the blade instantly and jumped backwards, looking down at his bleeding hands...

His hands rubbed together in pain... "well... I think i know what caused these things to die..."

slowly he turned to go, but something stopped him... An image of his father standing there... Impossing in regally black robes...

"Giving up my son? such things are not becoming of a warrior..."

He sighed and nodded... While his father had never said that...that was the impression he always got from his fathers pressence... That pain was nothing... Failure could only weaken you IF you ALLOWED it to make you run...

Stubbornly he took the sword up once more, wincing as again the spikes protruded through his hands, this time however he did not let go...

Blood trickled slowly down the sheath, finding its way into the runes etched upon it, causing them to take on the dark reddish hew, as though they had been made that way...

Suddenly the blade snapped free of its sheath, and jharu was amazed by the shining blade which greated him, it too was bathed in a collection of strangly suiting runes...

Nodding to himself he sheathed the sword and placed it at his side, strapping it about his waist with a grim smile of sattisfaction...

he looked over to ghrr, who was both eyeing him, and trying to keep an eye on the door at the same time...

"well... I guess we should go look for the sorcerer now... he's gotta be in this place somewhere..."

He nodded and headed off again...

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.162
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-27-2002 11:57 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu walked along for sometime, looking as best he could to find the sorcerer... HE HAD TO FIND THE SORCERER!

"Remember, Jharu...As with anything you seek: the more you reach out to grasp out of your own greed and desire, the further and further that object of desire will slip from you"

Jharu paused suddenly as the words came to mind...

You seem to remember that one a lot... But how is this of your own greed? are you not trying to help galen? No... You are trying to complete a quest given to you... You dont even know if galen is in trouble...

Suddenly he fell to his knee's, looking down at the ground, and taking a deep breath...

"what Im i suposed to do mommy? I... I cant do it... I have no clue where i should go... I have no idea which direction to head in..."

His eyes then strayed to his sword, and a slight frown crossed his features...

if he ever was attacked by demons... Maybe it would help him... But right now... What did he have? how could he find his way...

his eyes strayed again, this time ending up on the bluish stone hanging about his neck...

"Were this stone my son, For it is a reminder of home... It shows that home is always with you, around your neck, and within your heart"

as he gazed at the stone a memory of being held by both his parants came to mind, and he couldnt help the slight smile which creased his features.

the image then changed slightly, to a memory of cuddling against his mother before going to sleep...

He took a deep breath and stood... speaking both aloud, and hopefully to where his mother could here him too.

"mommy... Where do i go? im lost..."

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.48
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-28-2002 12:41 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin wished like hell he had a blaster hidden in his robes somewhere about now...would come in very handy. Damn Imperials taking weapons...

"I don't know who the kriffing hell you are after, but I can assure you that you've got the wrong residence. There isn’t a damn person here other than me and a fourteen-year old kid...”

Ok, and maybe a Sith Sorceror. Who knew.

Hell, might as well be honest with the guy. Not much else to do. Nowhere to run but to some ships that looked like they were probably 4,000 years old. No blasters to pull. "I’m Terrin Danner. And as to why I’m here at this very moment, your guess is probably as good as mine.”

[ 11-28-2002 12:42 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-28-2002 12:44 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(OOC: From Dwelling Where Others Once Forgot in "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

Graysith scarcely took the time to nod in return but merely turned in her husband's arms, now calling out to that which had been placed within her and she taught to command by Lord Aelvedaar. The Glyph on her forehead ravened into obedient life as, with more of a clawing motion than wave of a hand she literally rent the fabric of space and time and hurried to step therein, even as that great rendering was yet being formed.

Recinis, one strong hand held within her other one, followed behind, bringing the mysterious opening in the essence of reality to a close in his wake...

...as they stepped forth into the demon-haunted realms of the capital city of the Sith.

[ 11-28-2002 12:52 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 11-28-2002 12:45 AM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac just looked at the guy for a moment as a cow looks at an oncoming train... Like a bunny caught in head lights... Blank to the world...

His blaster went suddenly into its holster.

" un-FREAKEN-believable! how is it... That the husband works for roan? and... And then... Oh dear god shoot me now, im confused!"

He looked at the guy and nodded "well, You see... my Names flac... to answer your question, IM here cause your wife ditched me..."

--------------------

---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.48
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-28-2002 01:06 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The husband works for Roan? His wife?

GALEN?

Terrin's blue eyes snapped alert, and he couldn't help but blurt out the first things that came to his mind. "Where is she? It's very, very important that I find her; something terrible has happened and I'm worried as hell about her..."

At that he trailed, a deeply routed concern clouding his eyes as he waited to see what Flac might reply.

[ 11-28-2002 01:07 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 11-28-2002 01:13 AM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac just continued to stare at terrin for a moment, nothing seeming to register, before his fist rose to the air, as if he were going to punch the mans lights out, then a finger extended slowly, pointing upward... "She went that way..."

He sighed and shook his head... he took a deep breath and drew his blaster again, quickly pinning it against terrins forhead. "alright, enough of this... You may be her husband... But thats no excuse for working with that monster... Im afraid im gonna have to kill you now... I did promise galen id put a stop to that... Thing"

--------------------

---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.48
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-28-2002 01:20 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis looked at her and nodded, turning about to observe his soroundings...

He closed his eyes for a moment... he felt a slight bit of lonleness... His son's strong heart...

They were close...

Quickly he guided them offward down a hallway to where they soon incountered there son, standing there in utter calmness, as though he were expecting them..

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.48
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-28-2002 01:23 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu looked at his mother and father for a moment, examining them as if to assure himself they were truly there...

But he already was assured... he had felt his mother's urge to come to him... he had felt her arrive... He could feel the concern, and love eminating from both his parants...

he waited only a moment longer before rushing forward and wrapping his arms about his parants in utter thanks...

But at the same instant he felt his father tense... And in the background heard the scraping of something behind them...

Demons?

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.48
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-28-2002 01:24 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin almost literally exploded, nevermind that there was a gun aimed at his forehead. He simply couldn't believe the words he was hearing.

"THE HELL I'M WORKING FOR ROAN!" he growled, actually daring to step away from Flac and his blaster and glare, emotions swimming far in the depths of his eyes that he couldn't even try to control, the greatest of those being rather righteous anger. "Look buddy," he said, trying to calm down, "You don't seem to know me that well, cause there is no way, no way I'd work for that animal, and especially not after what he did to Galen..."

He trailed a moment, his eyes defocusing as if he were seeing something no one else could. Then he continued. "And now he has our daughter..." he said, trailing once more then finishing with, "This has to be simply killing Galen..."

[ 11-28-2002 01:28 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 11-28-2002 09:49 AM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac nodded "it is indeed..." he then lowered his blaster and returned it to his holster, reaching into his pocket he took out a small silverish ball...

He smiled at terrin for a moment, before pressing down a small segment that was ditatched, and hurling it at terrin...

It crashed into him quite suddenly, with a very thin, but very strong thread escaping from both sides, to tie about the man...

he shook his head slowly "its a shame... I almost believed you... But, you people always make at least one mistake... If your not working for roan... How do you know about the kid? and on top of that... Why are you here with the devil?"

He then looked up as DJ flew over the horizon and landed gently next to flac...

"leave it to a bounty hunter to have pin-point auto pilot..."

he then looked to terrin and shook his head. "listen man... I like ya, Dont get me wrong, you seem like an ok guy really... But your story just dont pan out..."

He then paused and considered something. "listen... Ill tell ya what... When i take off again, IF i take off again... Ill let ya out, and as it seems as though roans means of transpertation have left you... Ill i donno... Ill hook ya up somehow..."

C'mon flac... This place is probably not the safest place in the world... You can feel it.... Somethings here... That guy'll get eaten alive if you leave him alone...

Damnit... I hate it when your right...

I know...

Eyine terrin cautiously flac motioned towards the ship "walk buddy... Walk... But i warn ya... I got a super-wookie in there... And he owes me one, so you'd be advised to NOT try anything funny"

with that flac released terrin from the little devise and sighed, walking off into the ship to find a toolkit, and begin work on changign the programing to allow a male pilot... he also wanted to make flying the thing a bit easier... Galen looked like it was hell...

--------------------

---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.93
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-28-2002 08:46 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This guy wasn't hearing a word Terrin was saying, and it was really starting to make him just a bit more than angry. So, before this Flac fellow proceeded to take actions that might hinder getting to Galen so they could then get Darra back into safety, Terrin complied and followed him, coming to a halt and folding his arms in a look that combined irritation and urgency as the man began to work on his ship.

"Look buster, I don't know what rock you fell off of, but I am not working for Roan and he is not here. You think he’d actually be stupid enough to send out an unarmed guy to find you here?” Terrin asked pointedly.

“And what kind of creep do you take me for? You think I'd work for a guy that did...what he did...to Galen then kidnapped Darra right out of her arms? And it's not as though I don't know how he intends to..." He paused a moment, swallowing. Then he continued. "...how he intends to use her. Hell, love to kill the monster with my own bare hands if given the opportunity.

"And for your information, I know about Darra because I've been with Graysith and was told of her kidnapping. The Sith boy and I came here to find a Sorceror who resides here...or at least we think he does...in hopes that he could help us find Galen then collectively go find JhinDarra. One thing is for damn sure pal, and that is that the longer we stand here chatting about this, the longer Darra will be out of her mother's arms.”

With no further explanation Terrin simply stood his ground, his blue eyes alert yet still swimming with concern as he waited to see if this guy was going to start using his head.

[ 11-28-2002 08:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 11-28-2002 09:22 PM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac pulled himself away from his work for a moment and looked at terrin, shaking his head slowly.

"listen Danner... I want to believe you, You seem like a nice guy, and you seem like you can be trusted, and i really do WANT to believe you are out to get roan, cause i sure as hell could use some help... But, in this argument, there are two people, Galen, whom i trust, and you, who i have just met... So, im just sticking to the information that she gave me. IM not sayings its not possible that she was mistaken... But if you were in my situation, and you wanted with all your heart to get darra back, and some guy, who galen had mentioned was probably one of roans lackies, pops up, and starts trying to get to galen, WOULDNT you be a wee tad suspicious?"

He sighed and stood, walking over to a panel, opening it he withdrew an E-11 repeating blaster rifel, and tossed it to terrin. "consider that as trusted as your gonna get..."

He then started back on his work, but continued speaking. "alright... Now tell me, if you were with that graysith lady... Then maybe you can contact her? galen may not trust her a lick, but i would be willing to sell my soul to lucifer himself, if it meant getting darra safely back to galen, i made a promise, and not you, Not roan, Not even the combination of every jedi, light and dark, coming against me in a swarm of aniholation, is gonna stop me from keeping that promise... You got that?

Now... If you really wanna get to galen fast... or take down roan... Hand be a hydro-spanner"

--------------------

---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.3
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 11-28-2002 09:31 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis' eyes swept accross the small gathering of demons before them...

With a twirl he transfered his son completly into his mothers grasp, drawing his sword, he quickly ended the lives of a few of the gathering...

He dodged a swiping claw, and then ended two more demons lives in an instant...

He then backed away and looked to jharmeen. "i believe we should move... Whether from this planet, or through the temple, it matters not... Lead, i will assure that none follow..."

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.3
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-28-2002 10:26 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I do want to find Darra with all my heart, you moron, Terrin couldn't help but think. Then he eyed the E-11 he'd just been handed, and actually pointed it in Flac's direction. "Look, buddy, my only link back to Graysith...back to anywhere I can both find Galen quickly and find my Darra is back in that city; not to mention the boy will be stranded here if I simply leave him. So you can do this the easy way, and let me go, or you can do it the hard way."

At that he trailed, and waited.

[ 11-28-2002 10:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 11-28-2002 10:33 PM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac pushed himself from his place under the navigation board, and stood slowly to eye terrin squarly...

"listen... I dont care if you are working for roan... I dont care if you arent... I dont care one like if you love galen, or if you want to kill her... I dont care if you leave... If you stay... I dont care one bit if you live, or die... What i do care about though, is getting darra back to galen... I have no other purpose right now... no other desire..."

His hand came to point at the door. "now, if i honestly and truly wanted you to Stay here, then i would have shut the door... But guess what... I am a little bussy right now... And as for your blaster... You gonna shoot me? blow me away? I dont care about that either... if i cared about my own life, i wouldnt be trying to go up against a monster, whom galen said would kill me in an instant..."

he then turned back to his work and sighed "leave... ill get to galen by myself... ill be sure to say hi for you... And if you see her first, tell her im sorry i couldnt be any help..."

--------------------

---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.141
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-28-2002 11:01 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well," Terrin said, lowering the blaster at least for the moment, "I do love Galen, and I also know that the only people who stand a chance against Roan to get Darra back to her are the Sith. So that means I've got to get back to them to do just that, as quickly as I can."

He paused a moment, as something akin to logic pointed something out. "I'll assume you and Galen might have concluded much the same at some point regarding finding Darra; if you find Galen before I do, let her know that we're gonna do all we can to get Darra safely back to her."

Then, with no further word Terrin turned, stepped out of the hatch of Flac's ship and began to run full speed back into the Sith city to find Jharu, Sith demons be damned.

[ 11-28-2002 11:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-29-2002 12:42 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith nodded, turning to face Recinis, and opened her mouth to reply when she saw a sly shadow creeping out from the even darker shadows behind him. She didn't even have to think, but raised one hand and in a graceful, sweeping gesture reached forth with that power bestowed upon her by her Sire. The Glyph on her forehead burst into radiance as, in the performance of that one sweeping move, the five or six demons who were stealthily creeping up in a contrived effort to kill her husband were suddenly transformed into bits of blackened and wispy matter. That matter poofed into a miasmic cloud which surrounded Recinis with its vile filth; the great Dark Lord of the Warriors frowned, sneezing as that cloud fell all about him.

Graysith ignored her son's look of astonishment.

"Come," she said, ignoring the fatigue that act had caused her but simply turning to hurry ahead, leading her husband and her son deeper and deeper into the recesses of the great Sith Temple of the Sorcerers. "Lord Aelvedaar is this way."

She spoke nothing further but continued ahead, letting the All guide her as she used to, winding through corridors and passageways, up stairs both ornate and secretive, until at length she came into a deeply hidden part of the temple which she found to be very familiar indeed. She let out an unconscious sigh of relief, hastened around a corner...

...only to be brought to a halt by the eerie impossibility of a chronotic shield.

Here within the very halls of the Temple itself? she couldn't help but gasp in her mind, feeling her husband's echoing shock as their feelings intermixed and mingled together.

My Sire is in pain most dire indeed....

She turned her widened, violet eyes to Recinis and simply stood, her mouth working silently, the Glyph flaring, as she wondered just how in all the universe they would manage to get through to Lord Aelvedaar now.

"My Lord..." she began, then cut herself off, shrieking as from nowhere a demon came hissing and flailing at her, wrenching her son from her hands and flinging him easily aside, his long claws reaching out to sink deeply into her flesh, his fangs slavering for the tender flesh of her throat even as his overly-elongated scorpion's tail came lashing down to assault her....

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 11-29-2002 12:58 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As jharu was flung aside he seemed to lose a bit of himself... He was unsure of what happened next...

A scream... his voice, rippling accross the hallways to echo as if it were a sound implaced upon time itself... Never to leave...

"MOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMYY!!!!!"

He felt his form shudder as... Something... Erupted from him... It was somethign new... yet... At the same time... It was as familiar as the beating of his heart... the breathing of air...

the last thing he saw as his body slammed into the wall, were the demons which had attacked his mother, HIS MOMMY!, flying into the wall, to turn to dust beneath whatever it is that had came from him...

his form slumped and his vision went dark... losing all contact with the universe.

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.141
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-29-2002 01:20 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Terrin ran through the eeriely quiet streets of Prinn'chatka, his eyes darted back and forth, waiting for shadowy figures of which nightmares were made to dart out from the darkness. And although those shadows did come, they were strangely fewer than Terrin would have expected, and this quite frankly was disturbing him.

Sheesh, he hoped the kid was okay...

Terrin was extremely thankful that FLac had been kind enough to lend him a blaster however; though not as many as Terrin would have expected the demons wouldn't have been escapeable without it.

But something was wrong here. There still weren't enough of them. They were lurking...somewhere...had to be.

Terrin reached the Temple and was just making his way down a corridor, remembering that Jharu had wanted to find Aelvedaar and recalling from his past time in Prinn'chatka where the Sorceror usually stayed, when the answer to his little question came slamming home. He managed to shoot a few of them, but but he wasn't so lucky when one of the hell-spawned imps came from behind, jumping on his back and sinking its fangs into his shoulder, claws scraping at his back.

Terrin fell to the ground and rolled, refusing to let go of the blaster although his arm was going numb from the bite. As he rolled he managed to throw the thing off him long enough to shoot it, then he scrambled to his feet, pratically forcing them onward down the steps leading towards Aelvedaar's chambers.

When he finally managed to reach the bottom and round the corner...

...a scream erupted, "MOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMYY!!!!!"

Terrin's hair stood on end at that, recognizing Jharu's voice, gripping his blaster as best he could despite the pain in his arm. Then he simply charged forward, not knowing what he might find when he rounded the corner...

[ 11-29-2002 01:21 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05