my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Shadows of the Mind (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Shadows of the Mind
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-13-2002 04:02 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn simply nodded once to the bounty hunter, wondering just what he thought he was going to pull off by parading around in his armor. It was as though he expected someone to come jumping out of nowhere at any given time to attack him.

Come on buddy, lighten up! You were healed, HEALED here!

Shawn was about to say as much, then thought better of it. Part of this was due to the fact he didn't think it'd do any good; another part was due to the fact that, when he reached out to the Temple to sense Galen and Darra, only Galen was registering.

And a wave of complete despair answered in tandem.

Not a smidgeon of this showed on Shawn's face however; he remained completely calm and aloof. Holding a hand out to Thea, he took her little one in his and began leading the way to Galen and to the Temple.

And he didn't think he was looking forward to what they might find once they got there.

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-13-2002 04:04 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Chosen Daughter came to a halt in the familiarity of the Elseness in which she now found herself, that vast and to most sentients unknown place which existed in the very interstices of time. It was into this place that her Sire had once flung her Adept... a place from whence she herself had rescued the young woman by first removing her emotions, then physically removing her altogether, taking her back into the reality in which they all lived.

Now she took a quick glance around, sensing, letting her talents stretch forth as far as they could....

This was not the place. For herein over timelessness had been placed myriad sentients, who then each and all had only railed against the fate dealt to them by such a cruel hand.

Dark emotions gained control of one easily here... but she instinctively knew this was yet not their actual source. And it was that source she now hunted with ever growing rage.

She waved another portal into existence, stepped through, and continued on in her quest.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-13-2002 04:05 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis was walking down the many hallways when he felt something, panic, urgent need...
he turned down yet another corridoor...Again he turned, and again, untill finaly he found himself before an urgent looking Jasyn, quickly figuring out what was wronge, he entered the large double doors the man seemed to lead him to, taking in quickly his suroundings he kneeled before terrin.

Turning his fiery gaze upon Mat, his orders were more of a growl then any spoken words "Get a bandage and water now"

He then turned his eyes back to terrin, Placing a firm hand on mans neck, hitting a certain pressure point which would force the man into conciousness.

He took up a piece of cloth from the mans shirt, and dabbed at the wounds for a moment, clearing the blood so he might better asses the situation... He nodded slowly, it was nothing to serious, simply enought to cause the man some discomfort for a week, but he would not die.

He then turned his gaze on the stunned galen, who seemed as if she had been in the same position for quite some time...

While waiting for the requested supply's recinis walked over to the woman, and lifted her to her feet, shaking her slightly as if to say "snap out of it, we have more important things to do"

He then set her down on a chair and turned his attention back to terrin.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.10
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-13-2002 04:16 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lost in the recesses of unconsciousness, Terrin was jolted to reality by something that he wasn't entirely sure of. He gave a little moan that came out as something resembling a gasp instead. His eyes flew open, and about fifteen versions of the ceiling swam above him.

His stomach lurched.

Then something else was crystal clear. Someone should have been down here with him just now, and he was suddenly becoming aware of the fact that her warm presence wasn't anywhere nearby.

His heart flew into panick.

Had that red-headed witch of a kid come back for Galen now? Where was she?

Again he tried to force his body into motion; again it refused, and the room spun in tandem with his motions.

His eyes clouded with utter terror.

"Galen...?" he mouthed, looking up at what seemed to be the form of Lord Recinis; gods help him, but the image was so damned fuzzy he couldn't be sure.

With that he finally managed to jerk a hand up to hold his head, which was pounding like a drum that would never cease.

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-13-2002 04:21 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Jasyn went over to sit beside Galen and try to console her, Matt headed out to find a bandage and some water. He wasn't quite sure where he was gonna find such a thing, then an idea came to him. He headed to the quarters he and Jasyn had taken and looked through some of the supplies they had, at length coming to a cloth of some sort. Wasn't exactly a bandage; but it was clean and it would do.

Again turning on his heel in a hurry, Matt then headed to the Dining Hall to find some water. Not finding this too difficult, he then hurried back into the quarters where they had found Terrin and Galen, at length crouching near Lord Recinis and Terrin and handing the former the supplies he had requested.

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 10-13-2002 04:23 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I blinked.

Something had come into the little world I was dwelling in; not much of a something, but something nevertheless. It seemed to be doing something to me, to be trying to hit me or something; truly it was unclear but at least it was something to focus on for a tiny bit.

A little grunt escaped my lips, and I blinked again. Images began to come into shadowy existence around me:

The Sith warrior leaning over Terrin...

Terrin?

Who was stretched out still upon on the floor. I stared at the scene as it tried to come into clear focus, blinking again.

It was just too difficult. I didn't care.

JhinDarra....

Completely unaware of what I was doing, I pulled my feet up on the chair I had been placed in, wrapped my arms tightly around my legs, lay my head upon my knees...

...and willed the universe to quite simply go quietly and completely away.

[ 10-13-2002 04:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-13-2002 04:36 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis went to work imediatly, further cleaning the wound, and then wrapping the bandage about terrins head.

Satisfied he lifted the man and set him upon the bed in the room.
He then forced the man to drink a bit of water...

Considering things for a moment, he decided terrin was not in a critical state of being, and hit another pressure point, causing the man to return to unconciousness.

He then turned his gaze to galan... She had returned to her quite world of thougth and dispair.

Walking over to her, he once again shook her, a bit more forcefully this time, and then spoke "Can you not see? you are allowing them to win galen, Do not let yourself be consumed, you will have your daughter back soon, Jharmeen will make sure of that"

He then sighed, turning away...

Jharmeen... i wish i could have gone with you... But it is my duty to remain here, and attend to these matters... return to me safely...

He sighed once more and simply left, once again resuming his pointless wandering through the temple, letting his thoughts work through the events that had transpired, attempting to drain every last memory of anything useful.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.176
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-13-2002 04:46 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She paused in mid-step, halted literally between one universe and the next, as the words from her husband came burning into her being, carried along the unending link forged between them, easily received by her undying love for him.

For a moment she allowed all the love she had for him to flow back along that link, for she clearly felt his own sagging spirits.

"Take my heart once again, my love, for it is here for you. Recall your own words to me; have you not once spoken that although distance may part us, we shall always be together? I now must trust in that with all my heart, and with my very life and my soul.

"You are here with me, for otherwise I would not have the courage to do what it is I now must do."

She sent a loving embrace into his very heart, slamming him with the last vestiges of warmth and love in her being. Knowing that if she succeeded in her quest, he would more than easily enough place them once again within her heart.

Now purged entirely of the emotions which would weaken her in the eyes of her enemy, she continued on, stepping forth through the next Portal, seeking the very source of the wealth of dark emotions this universe of universes was so easily heir to.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-13-2002 04:52 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis smiled suddenly as her words reached him, and once more warmth flooded through him...

He indeed had said that much, and indeed truly knew it to be so, and knew they were always together, but he still wished he could be there in flesh to assist her, though perhaps she would be better with only his spirit...

He sighed, and turned down yet another hallway, letting his mind roam freely now, the stony wieghts of his title melting away to give him pause and wonder... Was Shayla recovering of yet from the shock? How was terrin resting?

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.176
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-13-2002 05:14 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He stood, silently, as Recinis cured Shayla of her despair...

She now lay on the ground...

Tunnel vision... a blur, Lo-Ban was now on his knees... a single tread of blood now coming down his face...

He did all he could, to try and console Shayla... he fell flat on his face, out cold... he did manage to give Shayla his hand, and hoped she saw it as symbolizing his heart...

[ 10-13-2002 05:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-13-2002 05:33 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She found them.

She knew it the moment she stepped foot into This Place.

She did not need the haunting and gibbering calls of the myriad slavering beasts she immediately sensed milling about to tell her of this fact, for the unique signature of the One who was her daughter came arrowing into her being like a bright stab of lightning. Immediately on the heels of that came the more powerful, and somehow more insidious, stab of His essence.

She merely blinked, then let a sneer curl her lips and followed where her talents led. She soon came upon them, laying together, doing what entities made of darkness do in darkness to create more darkness...

...and in those wild pleasures committing the usual Great Sin of Darkness.

Great and overbearing confidence can only fall hard and fast when confronted by the fact of its own self-centeredness. As it did now.

They paid absolutely no heed to her presence at first, so self-assured were they, which gave her the barest nanosecond in which to act. Just beyond them lay the child she had come to take.

If she had it in her she would have smiled to see how nonchalantly that tiny babe just lay on the Altar of Despair, kicking her little legs and gurgling, completely unaffected. She only knew that somehow no matter if she had not come here, that Child would yet pull through on her own, somehow, no matter how much time would have to pass.

But she was here, and that timespan would be shortened. Dramatically.

All this in a mere nanosecond; with the All, she suddenly lashed out, seizing the Child and in that same swift move hurling it back into the reality from which she had come.

All in the barest amount of time it took the two of them to sit up and take notice of her presence.

Then she waved her claw-bearing hand, and in one fell swoop not only closed off the Portal through which she had come, but set up a protective chronotic shield within this place, surrrounding them that they could not leave it unless she let it drop.

The were sandwiched here, within a chronotic shield of reality, and one of the pure evil of which this place was made, and in which it endlessly endured.

Knowing Galen's child was safe from any further advances of this pair, she then settled herself into battle readiness, facing her daughter who had rolled off of Entaris and come to her feet, hissing. But the Chosen Daughter of the Sith was ready. Whereas before she had faced her as a mother to her flesh and blood, now without the impediment of that love she could only face her as what the two of them truly were to each other.

Adversaries, plain and simple.

It was nothing to then raise the Claw, and send a great and cleansing blast raging out against the howling ShaRhylla, who was flung back into a raft of dark energies to lie completely still, stunned until Graysith should choose to deal her death blow.

Which was not quite yet. And so to prevent any eager fingers from assisting her child into an unnaturally speedy recovery, she did what she had done to her adept that one day so very long ago. Quickly, ruthlessly, she forced a great tendril of herself into the young woman's very essence, seeking the black ocean of her soul, finding that eternal dark within her...

...only in this case wrapping it with a great portion of her own essence, that ShaRhylla's blighted soul would at least for the moment remain trapped and unavailable to come back into being.

She now turned to face the Pretender, her eyes glittering in the darkness of the place. With nothing but the darker emotions coming alive within her, she raised the Claw once again and faced him head on.

"Only one of us shall leave this place alive," she whispered. "And it shall be me, for even if I should die you will remain trapped here beyond eternity."

She paused, her free hand waving to indicate the unseen power of the shield she had erected. It seemed to hum in a low bass note, a silently dark sentinel there amidst the dark.

"The body you wear would be blasted into energy, to be spread out across the timeline back and forth, unending. And although you yourself may be the very embodiment of evil, this shield does have the power to spread those dark energies of yours out in the same way, where they will only in turn spread out across all the time that has ever existed or ever shall, in the manner that evil shall exist as long as there exists more than one living being of flesh and blood.

"But that which has accreted together to make you the Thing you are shall be destroyed, and you shall never be a singular being again. Nor a consciously sentient one."

Then she lowered that Claw directly between his eyes and stood silently, ready, and oh so very willing to end this hideous mockery once and for all...

...and a second later put action to her words....

[ 10-13-2002 05:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-13-2002 06:16 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the blast hit him he flew backward slightly. But he had not been unprepared, and would not be so easily defeated, in the very last moment he had brought forth energy to take the greater extent of the attack...

He smiled darkly at her. "No, I think not, If you held any understanding of the universe, you would release that evil strives to survive... And i assure you, i will survive, and not simply to be trapped here"

his eyes focused upon hers the way a warrior might face an adversary.

"You still do not understand, it was wicked himself who gave me this body... THINK, His body had been burned, turned to ashes, how else would i have known even to look for it? he lives within me still, perhaps not fully, but he does indeed live..." he smiled for a moment before revealing the rest "the truth is, and this is indeed the truth, he did love you... But his love made him lose himself, and because of that he hated you. That is the one truth i will give to you, accept it or deny it, either way, i care not."

His hand shot forth to point at her menecingly "You can not win, this is my place, you understand nothing, can you not see? there is no matter here, no space, it is all within your perspective, you would place a shield around nothing? we are not even within the place your shield covers, the world here evolves and changes with the merest whisper of desire..."

"but then you do not care do you? ah, your hatred is strong...This is why it was wicked loved you... The weakling."

Focusing his energies he called forth a torrent of darkness to be unleashed upon the woman, it was a tsunami of darkness that rolled from him then, overwhelming in all aspects.

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.204
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-13-2002 06:39 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith staggered back beneath the onslaught of energies unleashed upon her, back and back until it seemed that the Dark Being she was facing would surely win.

But he had not noticed one unique aspect of her essence. Or, if he had, out of sheer over-confidence he had chosen to overlook it.

Not having a speck of what surely would have been the impediment of Light any longer, nothing but darkness now filled her soul. Thus it was that though at first she was blasted backward just by the sheer power unleashed against her, she was able to slow her apparent retreat, to gain her footing, to stop, to face it...

...and to fully open herself up to it.

All the darkness Entaris had at his command, every lick that he now flung, cackling, into her being, she accepted with open arms, letting it come, letting it flow into her, strengthening that darkness which was really all that was left inside her at all.

That and the utter knowledge of what she was here to do.

She smiled a predatory smile at him, and took a step toward him.

"It matters not what words you speak to me, of whether or not the essence of Wicked loved me or not. Can you not see that? It is over, it is past; even I have come to terms with it.

"As I have come to terms with your lies... and the fact that in all probability, we shall be spending eternity here, together, you and I.

"Do you not see? Whether this is a place of my perspective or not, the simple fact remains that I have indeed placed us within a bubble of a chronotic shield, and that we are now removed even from the darkness you inhabit. Cease with your silly words, demon; stretch out with your own talents and find the answer for yourself."

Her eyes darkened further.

"You will never leave this place again. I will not allow it. And if you simply continue to pour your own darkness into me, then I shall simply take it all up...

"...and willingly remain here for the remainder of my life, that it should not seek sanctuary elsewhere."

And with those very words she stretched out toward him with her talents, seeking, questing, sending forth that tendril into his very being...

To finally reach into his darkness and begin quite willingly accepting it all into herself, reaching out beyond sharing to actively take, to suck him dry of all he was.

For she wanted this, and in that wanting discovered a Void of Eternity within her... one he was more than capable of filling simply by being what he was.

[ 10-13-2002 06:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-13-2002 06:51 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Through it all his smile had grown darker and darker, his demonic essence was being invaded, and it brought him pure pleasure.

His teeth gleamed in the darkness as he spoke again, his words calmly rolling from his tounge to fill the air with there soothing sweetness.

"Then my dear Graysith, you have allowed me to win... You have given yourself completly to darkness, by your own words, then tell me, how are you defeating me? My greatest joy in this unverse is destroying good, one way or another, and now..." his lips curled higher into that sadistic smile he was so overjoyed to posses. "... You will take on my work, You wish to take unto yourself all my darkness? go ahead, but be warned, should i be destroyed in this way, you will be overcome, you will release yourself onto the universe, and destroy all you once loved..." his head titled back a moment to release a dark cackle into the air. "but then, i would rather do it myself!" now he reversed the tables, using the tendril of herself she had established with him to take his energy, to blast into her mind with all speed, and bring forth memories of love, and warmth... Wickeds weakness had just become his savior.

While he took no pleasure in actauly having to tain himself with love, he knew that it would keep him alive and whole, and she had made herself equal to him in darkness, those memories would burn her as they would burn him, that is, had he actauly been feeling them himself.

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.204
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-13-2002 07:10 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She actually smiled as she felt that blast he tried to destroy her with, feeling the pain he was feeling which somehow was coming full circle from her...

...and now being impacted with that selfsame emotion which she had purged from her being before coming to this place.

Being of evil which he was, and which she was becoming closer and closer to herself with each passing second, every memory of love, of desire, of caring, all she had felt toward Darth Wicked now sliced into them both like myriad tiny blades, on one hand bringing pain, yet on the other a shuddery ecstasy that s/he was feeling that pain.

She stood back, letting it slice into them both, struggling and smiling even more darkly to realize that though it sliced her, as with he, she suddenly found herself relishing each stroke of the blade.

Literally opening her arms up to him, she then pressed forward, thrusting herself back against his power, reaching out to take even more of it into her being.

"The more you send me, the stronger I in turn become, my evil adversary," she whispered chillingly. "And the stronger I become, the closer to you I step, the stronger grows my abilities to keep us both here for eternity.

"Stalemate."

[ 10-13-2002 07:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 10-13-2002 07:45 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Suddenly a horrid feeling reached his stomach, as he realize he could no longer feel that binding link which he shared with his love...

A growl escaped his lips as he hurried off, finding himself in a small room he kneeled down, his mind working feverishly...

Suddenly realization hit... He knew he had felt that presence before, or at least something similer to it... Maladius.

Both demons, both hailed from the same origin of existance... But how could he reach that place?

An image flashed in his mind, of the strange demon being hungrily devoured by the sith magicks in his blade...

Slowly he withdrew that blade, examining it for a moment... The magicks absorbed energy, was there a way he could use the demons energy to take him to where his love now stayed?

He placed the blade tip first upon the ground, reaching into the sith magicks inherent to him, calling the magicks of the blade to reach that amazing harmony of warrior and sword... The blades glow became a fiery inferno which consumed the entire room, and slowly he reached within, searching...

Darkness filled that blade, all the evil he had ever slayed, all the energy he had ever blocked, could he control the energy enough to use this?

His mind went into a silent state of meditation, continuing to flow through the blade's power, seeking a way of using it...

Suddenly he heard a tainting laughter, it filled his mind, whisperign to him in the silence... The laughter was demonic, he had heard it before... Maladius!

His iron will wrapped about that essence, commanding it, forcing it to comply to his needs...

The blade flared ever brighter, his body was wracked by the strain of focusing the sith magicks of the blade at such a magnitude... Was it truly worth the risk that he would not survive? could he do this?

He growled in defiance, he would defy the laws of the universe... He would stop time, he would destroy every living thing, and bring them all back again, if it meant saving Jharmeen... And he meant to do just that... he would save her, from whatever had caused that link to break.

He growled again, as suddenly that demonic essence consumed his very being, wrapping about him, causing a shiver to run up and down his spine... The laughter grew more insistant, as if to say "you cant win, i will not help you." he growled again... The energy wrapped tighter about him, his mind was being shreded between one thought and the next, he could not contain the logic of thougth... Insanity broke through his once carefully ordered concious, as a door which he had once not known existed flew open within him...

Blazing red and flaming emerald mixed as darkness swirled about the warriors form, using all the hate and evil to tease the demons spirit into taking him to the deminsion of which he hailed, Recinis's mind knew only one true though

"i will save her..."

Suddenly he was again free of the hold of sith magicks, darkness was about him everywhere... He seemed intact.

Within this place he was so out of place, but something within him seemed to understand this... The taunting laughter again struck his conciousness...

He growled, and banished the energies of maladius to return to that smooth black surfice of his blade...

About him were many demons, they had sensed the demon's essence, they knew he was an enemy, and they sought to destroy him...

A growl escaped him as the demons jumped at him, many of them feel dead before him, his swords amazing edge ending there "lives" with amazing swiftness...

And so he ran, not wishing to waste any more time, he escaped from them, leaving them with a promise of death should they persue...

Finaly he found the a place that he could not penetrate with his mind... A chronotic shield...

He growled again, eyes flaring to there full brillence.

How could he penetrate this shield? and so he began thinking, his mind working in fiery denial of this obstical, he would not be blocked this easily... Not after what he had done so far... How could he so easily be thwarted?

and so his brain raced on.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.204
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-13-2002 08:06 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He smiled darkly at her, sitting down upon a waft of darkness, allowing his muscles to relax. He then looked at her for a moment before speaking “so be it, I will remain here forever, I have already been imprisoned here for an eternity or more, so I can be again” his smile then grew demonic “To defeat me you had to become like myself, at least I die knowing my life long ideals, have been correct…” His head tilted back to unleash a dark cackle, he then turned his gaze momentarily to ShaRhylla “perhaps you should awaken her, and allow her to know that she chose the correct path in life…She believes she gained her strengths from her father, I now see that she was incorrect… You are much worse then him… Roan is nothing compared to your evil.” His head tilted back once more to unleash that cackle.

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.137
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-13-2002 08:20 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith cocked her head a bit to one side, not lessening her hold upon either herself or Entaris in the slightest. Her eyes grew darker yet.

"And here is where you fail, demon," she hissed with a growing smile. "Indeed I have this great evil within; how else did you think I could have within me its counterpart, to thus be the Chosen One of the Sith?

"The All is everything, even going beyond your one-sided abilities; how else did you think I could harbor a love so great as to fall in love with evil itself?

"Balance must be maintained; it is merely that now I choose to let the one side out for the purpose of what I must do."

She fell silent now, her violet eyes wide and blazing although the look on her face was otherwise mild. The Glyph flared out in glory, staining the night violet. Settling back on a black cloud, she made herself comfortable.

"And as for my daughter, no. She shall not awaken until I deem the time correct, my dear, dear adversary."

With that she fell silent, to all outward appearances seeming relaxed and loose, but ever ready to meet head-on and unafraid whatever this blackened being would try to throw at her.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-13-2002 08:30 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Entaris just smiled, nodding slowly "yes, i have heard this very speach from Roan.." he laughed for a moment "if having a love of evil makes you balanced, then it is i who should be known as the most balanced being in this universe... Look at yourself,you yourself have stated you do not have the ability to love... and so you do not, and you claim balance in this? BAH! you are more blind then roan ever was, though you both do not understand the truth...And that, is that evil is stronger then good ever could be, your punny balance blinds you to that fact..." He then laughed again

"it matters not, we are trapped her, for all eternity, one less evil, but as well, one less good..."

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.253
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-13-2002 10:58 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Again the Universe was a blanket of black comfort, and Terrin found himself slipping away--far away from the pain he was still feeling even after being cared for.

But something wasn't quite right with this picture.

Terrin was disturbed by this something, trying to figure out just exactly what was wrong. It slammed into him with the force of a Super Star Destroyer.Darra had been taken from here...and possibly Galen...

...hadn't she been here before...?

...he was still very confused...

...and he was just laying here doing what? Recovering? No time for that. Find Galen and Darra now, recover later. To hell with himself.

Putting every ounce of strength he had in the act--nevermind he'd certainly need more strength than what he had at the moment to go hunting for anyone--Terrin sat straight up, forcing his bleary blue eyes open. He fell slightly forward in the bed, but gripped the sheets and somehow managed to hold himself semi-upright. His eyes landed on about nine images of Matt; he wasn't sure which one of them was the real one but his look of anguish met each one, just to make sure someone would take him seriously when he said the next words that he intended to, nevermind how unrealistic they might seem.

And nevermind how long it took him to say them.

But then he never got the words out, for his eyes fell onto the very blurred image of Galen once more, shock still radiating from her.

Oh Galen...

And then that line of thought was interrupted as something else trailed into his perceptions, though muddled they were.

The sound of a gurgling infant.

At that particular sound, Terrin knew he simply had to be going crazy. He fell back against the bed, staring blankly up at the ceiling as everything in his mind blurred with the persistence of the pounding therein.

And the sounds of what sure as Hell sounded like a happy, healthy baby.

He was too confused to even notice the surprised looks on either of his men's faces...

[ 10-14-2002 12:17 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-13-2002 11:26 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith merely shook her head.

"It is you who do not understand," she finally said quietly. "What was within me was not a love of evil, but the ability to give love to that evil...."

She suddenly paused, biting her own words off even as she spoke them. Something deep within her soul raised back its dark head and howled in even greater rage...

...at herself.

Blinking, she quickly continued.

"And if the removal of one "good" from the universe is what it will take to contain your evil here, then it is a price I shall pay without question."

With that she fell silent once again, tightening her intangible grip about the Dark One, staring into the eyes of the man she once loved with all her heart, only this time with quite another emotion written on her face and every aspect of her being.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-13-2002 11:51 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla had been in a bit of shock, but she was unaffected by the pain of Lord Recinis's claws in her arms. She reached out to heal herself, then at length became aware of Loban, who had just fallen in front of her.

What was HE doing here?

She reached out a healing hand to him, then froze as images, muddled yet clear enough for understanding, traveled along a link and slammed into her, the realities of what might occur if things continued along this current pathway all too vivid. She got to her feet suddenly, her fists tightening as an upsurge of pain and anger filled her being.

NOOOOO!!!

Shayla struggled with her thoughts, seeking to assist her Sister, knowing that she could if only she could get to her. For by her very own words...

"It is you who do not understand. What was within me was not a love of evil, but the ability to give love to that evil...."

Shayla's feet were spurred to motion, and she turned on her heels and headed for the Temple, seeking one entity in particular: Lord Aelvedaar.

She simply had to get to Graysith, she absolutely had to. And Aelvedaar was the only one who could possibly get her there.

At length she reached his quarters where he stood staring into the Octahedron. She spoke up immediately. "You know what she plans," Shayla said despairingly, her own anger at the entity that Graysith was facing resurfacing. "Lord Recinis has cured the blight planted within me, and I am Graysith's Sister and Adept. I must help her somehow, even if it requires my switching places with her once more; even if it requires me never seeing the light of day ever again.

"Please...send me to her or switch me with her...

...I'd give my life for her, just as she would do for me..."

[ 10-13-2002 11:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 10-14-2002 12:02 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I turn in pain from the Octahedron, only to see it's mirror image in the face of this young human who has so surprisingly forced her way into my sanctum. Under normal circumstances I would be angered at her sheer effrontery; these, however, are not normal circumstances by any means.

I shake my head sadly.

"I am afraid I cannot lower the shield she has erected," I say to her, voicing the words softly as if not wanting to speak them, let alone hear them at all.

"Only for the sake of the Greater Good may this be accomplished... and there is conflict beneath that shield.

"If I drop it one second, even to switch, then He will escape. I cannot risk that; truly it pains me to deny your request on the grounds that it is not a viable option."

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-14-2002 12:26 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla hung her head in saddness, understanding Lord Aelvedaar's reasoning but aching with the knowledge that it made so very much sense. Nodding, she simply backed away, leaving him to his watch as she began to head down the corridors of the suddenly very empty Temple.

Perhaps there was something else that she hadn't thought of...

At that she froze, suddenly sensing a very familar and very wonderful presence in the Temple.

The baby! The baby was here, now! Then perhaps...

She stopped that thought where it started, not wanting to get her hopes up just yet as she also realized someone seemed to be in a fair amount of physical pain; not to mention a couple of people seemed to be in alot of emotional pain.

Did they not know?

Turning towards the direction of these feelings and lifeforces, Shayla began to head down the corridor towards the others, ready to assist in whatever way she could, all the while still very concerned about Graysith's welfare.

What could they do?

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-14-2002 12:34 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt turned to the sound of the baby, his green eyes widening in total surprise as he finally saw what he thought he'd heard. There, on the floor of all places, laid little JhinDarra, kicking and cooing and completely unaffected. Without the least bit of hesitation he scooped her up into his arms.

All the while, Jasyn sat next to Galen, who was still sitting in a little ball in an attempt to shut out the entire Universe.

"Galen," he said, placing a hand on her shoulder, "Your daughter...she's here..."

Like she's gonna believe that, buddy...

[ 10-14-2002 12:35 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05