my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Teaser Trailer (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Teaser Trailer
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 11-14-2004 03:14 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yay! The first trailer is finally here. Looks pretty intriguing, although I don't care for the title "Revenge of the Sith." Go to www.starwars.com to see it.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 11-14-2004 03:52 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know, the wookies, the vader, the sideous with the sabre. It's so beautiful.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 63.231.89.224
Freedon Naad

Sith Sorcerer Extrodinaire

Member # 321

posted 11-14-2004 05:15 AM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah more star wars goodness. Its gonna be sad to see the last SW movie ever made.

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 68.174.5.29
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 11-14-2004 05:41 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It makes me so happy it come out the day after my birthday. Anyone guessing what I'm going to be doing ?

By the way, why don't you like the name "Revenge of the Sith?"

Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 69.233.49.126
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 11-14-2004 02:20 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, for one thing, what are the Sith having "revenge" for? They haven't even emerged yet...few know of Sidious and no one knows that Palpatine has his hand in evil. Just seems something like "Shadows of the Sith" or something would have made more sense. But maybe that's just me.

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 11-14-2004 05:58 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well Mara, remember the wars 4,000 years ago. The sith were massacared in the end, not to mention the valley of the jedi. I think thats where their revenge would come in.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-16-2004 06:15 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm... didn't that whole "Sith massacre" thing come from the Dark Horse comics? And didn't Lucas NOT endorse what Dark Horse put in those comics?

That's what I heard; but anyway, going to the title, yeah.

I don't like it either. "Triumph of the Sith" would be better than "Revenge of the Sith." I don't think the one they have makes much sense either, especially when you go by JUST the movies and don't bring into account all the books and comics and so on.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196
Freedon Naad

Sith Sorcerer Extrodinaire

Member # 321

posted 11-16-2004 09:54 PM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well there were the Exar Kun wars in which the sith were massacred (I don't know if thats what you are talking about) and during which the madalorians were decimated. i am entirely sure that is an accepted part of the SW universe.

[ 11-16-2004 09:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Freedon Naad ]

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 68.174.6.216
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 11-21-2004 04:16 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lord Vader... YES MASTER....... Rise. goosebumps

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 24.119.182.41
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 11-21-2004 05:12 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, but how many people who are fans of the movie know about these Sith wars? I'm not sure. I'm just thinking in terms of the previous titles of the films.

Episode One: The Phantom Menace
Episode Two: Attack of the Clones
Episode Three: REVENGE of the Sith?
Episode Four: A New Hope
Episode Five: The Empire Strikes Back (Now THERE is a cool title)
Episode Six: Return of the Jedi

I mean, "Rise of the Sith" makes more sense to me, or "Triumph of the Sith," like Gray is saying. First you have this mysterious, unidentified menace; then you have the sudden attack of clones followed by the RISE of Sith (ahem, DARK JEDI) who triumph over the Jedi and take over. Then you have a "new hope" to come in as a possible answer to these evil dudes who are in control, but the Empire (with said evil dudes) strikes back. But finally, the Jedi return and win out via Luke.

So where the heck is there room for revenge of the Sith in all that? The other titles don't relate back to any EU references, why should this one?

Sorry, I'm rambling now. But I hope my point at least makes sense.

And yeah, Loban, the "Lord Vader, RISE." is a goosebumps moment for sure. It's the beginning of the next story arc, heh.

[ 11-21-2004 05:13 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Dashawn E'bnnwing

Member # 548

posted 11-21-2004 08:18 PM     Profile for Dashawn E'bnnwing   Author's Homepage   Email Dashawn E'bnnwing     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did anyone other than me see that Palpatine was fighting in one of the scenes? Wow!

--------------------

"Abo are sooo...ugly!"-Dashawn

Posts: 31 | From: Unknown | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 24.10.39.177
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 11-21-2004 08:32 PM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I put this somewhere else, but I do see why they choose the name "Revenge of the Sith." We all know that the sith of the Star Wars universe were originally a species that became slaves to the dark jedi that were banished from the Old Repuplic almost 10,000 years before A New Hope. The sith eventually intergrated with the humans and soon the sith empire began to grow. The Great Hyperspace Wars ensued when the Old Republic, exploring the galaxy accidentally ran into the Sith Empire, and the Sith eventually lost the war. There were several battles between the Old Republic and Sith who attacked the Old Republic numerous times. In the last major battle between the sith and Old Republic, one sith choose to go into hiding (damn, I forgot his name). From then on, for thousands of years, the Sith planned and plotted the destruction of their hated enemy the Old Republic and the Jedi. In Episode III, the Sith, Palpatine and Vader, finally complete the vengence of hundreds of dead sith by transforming the Old Republic into the Empire and wiping out the Jedi, hence the name "Revenge of the Sith." It may not be the best name, but I'm fine with it.
Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.164.11.178
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 11-21-2004 10:36 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think so much happens in this next movie... the first part will be building up the Sith, I hope, with the second half the Revenge.. 3 1/2 hour movie anyone? :P

I look at it like 2 movies in one, say you take Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi and build those two stories into one movie... it would be titled Return of the Jedi, because that's how the story ends.. in a way Lucas is ending it again, sort of.. lol

btw, I was very pleased I could talk about this trailer.. even that ship that fights fires was totally awesome!! and I like how they made it seem like Obi Wan was kissing Padme, Hayden totally looks like Ewan when he's got that long hair.. am I right or am I right?

[ 11-21-2004 10:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 24.119.182.41
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 11-22-2004 05:27 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm actually more amazed at how much they have Ewan made up to look like Alec Guiness...

--------------------

Kalvendar

Member # 570

posted 11-22-2004 11:55 PM     Profile for Kalvendar   Author's Homepage   Email Kalvendar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Graysith, its not a Dark Horse comic. At least the sith massacre. It's from Dark Sabre: A new Jedi. It's the Kyle Katarn books. Yes.... BOOKS! Or, at least that's what I think its talking about. In those books, Kyle has a wierd vision where he watches as the sith and the jedi get sucked into a really big dark hole in the valley, hence the valleys creation.

Am I right in what I guessed Ryk?

--------------------

"I have smelt the fortid breath that issues from the mouth of hell itself. I have heard the silent voices that make your spine tingle with dread." ~The Inquisition

Posts: 63 | From: | Registered: Nov 2004  |  Logged: 63.231.89.224
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 11-23-2004 01:49 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, that was it Kal....

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 11-23-2004 04:14 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who is Alec Guiness? is he 'Brilliant!'?

--------------------

Rathal

Member # 220

posted 11-23-2004 04:22 AM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alec Guiness is the actor who played obi-wan originally.

--------------------

My Characters: Rathal, Narcolm, Freedon Naad

"You'll never see the end of the road while your traveling with me."

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.174.6.216
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 12-08-2004 06:50 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally, I like the title "Revenge of the Sith." I think it fits in well with the other movie titles...and there's an interesting bit of somewhat-obscure trivia behind it.

For those who don't know, up until the last few months of production, "Return of the Jedi" was going to be titled "Revenge of the Jedi."

Lucas, however, didn't like this title. He felt that it didn't fit the image of the Jedi that he envisioned. The Jedi, he felt, weren't the type of people to take "revenge" on anyone. So he instead came up with the title change, to "Return of the Jedi."

So, you see, I think that's where the title "Revenge" came from. Lucas was showing the contrast between the Jedi and the Sith, I believe, by showing that the Sith were the type to take revenge, for the Jedi wiping them out, you see.

"Return of the Jedi," "Revenge of the Sith."

In my opinion, the trilogy-ender titles go together well.

But maybe I'm just looking too much into it, and its all just a coincidence...

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.97.53
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-08-2004 07:46 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very interesting fact Blade. I did a biography report on Lucas in 5th grade, I never did read that one.

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 12-08-2004 11:12 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It comes from collecting nearly every bit of meaningless but mildly-interesting information I come across and storing it in my brain, Ryk. There's so much useless clutter up here that I worry that one day I'll run out of room...while doing the SAT's or something.

Lol. What a nightmare.

What? They have biographies on George Lucas? Man! I should've done HIM for my stupid History biography report. Probably wouldn't have been nearly as dry of reading...

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.97.33
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 03-16-2005 09:52 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For some REALLY good trailer goodness: http://movies.channel.aol.com/feature/starwars/trailer.adp

--------------------

Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 03-16-2005 10:32 PM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm so happy that the new Star Wars is coming out the day after my birthday. This is looking to be really good, but if it ends up turning up bad, I'm going to be pissed at George Lucas. But judging from the trailers, this movie looks awesome. I also found out that the movie is probably going to be rated PG-13, because its dark and stuff...yeah...thousands of slaughtered jedi, the sensless killing of hundreds of people...no, it can't be too dark...ok sorry, I'm talking to myself again. I'm fine as long as I don't start answering myself.
Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.164.11.178
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-17-2005 08:52 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Comes out three days before my birthday. Guess where I am going for my party.

I just saw the new trailer. It looks so sweet.

MACE: "Palpitine you are under arrest"
JEDI: Ignite lightsabers
PALPATINE: "Are you threatning me?"
ALL: LIGHTSABER FIGHT!!!

oh yeah, kickin palpitine vs. mace
and guess who wins?

--------------------

Don't bother to hide from me. I will find you. I am everywhere. There is nowhere you can't be found.

One way or another Revenge will be mine. And when revenge comes, it will be sweet.

Posts: 75 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
Raye Starr

Member # 599

posted 03-18-2005 06:39 AM     Profile for Raye Starr   Author's Homepage   Email Raye Starr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do, for going and seeing the movie.

Posts: 50 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 68.48.18.44

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05