The Holonet Boards   » Episode 2 & 3   » Teaser Trailer

Mara1Jade

posted 11-14-2004 03:14 AM    
Yay! The first trailer is finally here. Looks pretty intriguing, although I don't care for the title "Revenge of the Sith." Go to www.starwars.com to see it.

Rykounagin

posted 11-14-2004 03:52 AM    
I know, the wookies, the vader, the sideous with the sabre. It's so beautiful.

Freedon Naad

posted 11-14-2004 05:15 AM    
Ah more star wars goodness. Its gonna be sad to see the last SW movie ever made.

Sa'kal'ishaalas

posted 11-14-2004 05:41 AM    
It makes me so happy it come out the day after my birthday. Anyone guessing what I'm going to be doing ?

By the way, why don't you like the name "Revenge of the Sith?"

Mara1Jade

posted 11-14-2004 02:20 PM    
Well, for one thing, what are the Sith having "revenge" for? They haven't even emerged yet...few know of Sidious and no one knows that Palpatine has his hand in evil. Just seems something like "Shadows of the Sith" or something would have made more sense. But maybe that's just me.

Rykounagin

posted 11-14-2004 05:58 PM    
Well Mara, remember the wars 4,000 years ago. The sith were massacared in the end, not to mention the valley of the jedi. I think thats where their revenge would come in.

Graysith

posted 11-16-2004 06:15 PM    
Hmmm... didn't that whole "Sith massacre" thing come from the Dark Horse comics? And didn't Lucas NOT endorse what Dark Horse put in those comics?

That's what I heard; but anyway, going to the title, yeah.

I don't like it either. "Triumph of the Sith" would be better than "Revenge of the Sith." I don't think the one they have makes much sense either, especially when you go by JUST the movies and don't bring into account all the books and comics and so on.

Freedon Naad

posted 11-16-2004 09:54 PM    
Well there were the Exar Kun wars in which the sith were massacred (I don't know if thats what you are talking about) and during which the madalorians were decimated. i am entirely sure that is an accepted part of the SW universe.

[ 11-16-2004 09:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Freedon Naad ]

Loban

posted 11-21-2004 04:16 AM    
Lord Vader... YES MASTER....... Rise. goosebumps

Mara1Jade

posted 11-21-2004 05:12 AM    
Yeah, but how many people who are fans of the movie know about these Sith wars? I'm not sure. I'm just thinking in terms of the previous titles of the films.

Episode One: The Phantom Menace
Episode Two: Attack of the Clones
Episode Three: REVENGE of the Sith?
Episode Four: A New Hope
Episode Five: The Empire Strikes Back (Now THERE is a cool title)
Episode Six: Return of the Jedi

I mean, "Rise of the Sith" makes more sense to me, or "Triumph of the Sith," like Gray is saying. First you have this mysterious, unidentified menace; then you have the sudden attack of clones followed by the RISE of Sith (ahem, DARK JEDI) who triumph over the Jedi and take over. Then you have a "new hope" to come in as a possible answer to these evil dudes who are in control, but the Empire (with said evil dudes) strikes back. But finally, the Jedi return and win out via Luke.

So where the heck is there room for revenge of the Sith in all that? The other titles don't relate back to any EU references, why should this one?

Sorry, I'm rambling now. But I hope my point at least makes sense.

And yeah, Loban, the "Lord Vader, RISE." is a goosebumps moment for sure. It's the beginning of the next story arc, heh.

[ 11-21-2004 05:13 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

Dashawn E'bnnwing

posted 11-21-2004 08:18 PM    
Did anyone other than me see that Palpatine was fighting in one of the scenes? Wow!

Sa'kal'ishaalas

posted 11-21-2004 08:32 PM    
Well, I put this somewhere else, but I do see why they choose the name "Revenge of the Sith." We all know that the sith of the Star Wars universe were originally a species that became slaves to the dark jedi that were banished from the Old Repuplic almost 10,000 years before A New Hope. The sith eventually intergrated with the humans and soon the sith empire began to grow. The Great Hyperspace Wars ensued when the Old Republic, exploring the galaxy accidentally ran into the Sith Empire, and the Sith eventually lost the war. There were several battles between the Old Republic and Sith who attacked the Old Republic numerous times. In the last major battle between the sith and Old Republic, one sith choose to go into hiding (damn, I forgot his name). From then on, for thousands of years, the Sith planned and plotted the destruction of their hated enemy the Old Republic and the Jedi. In Episode III, the Sith, Palpatine and Vader, finally complete the vengence of hundreds of dead sith by transforming the Old Republic into the Empire and wiping out the Jedi, hence the name "Revenge of the Sith." It may not be the best name, but I'm fine with it.

Loban

posted 11-21-2004 10:36 PM    
I think so much happens in this next movie... the first part will be building up the Sith, I hope, with the second half the Revenge.. 3 1/2 hour movie anyone? :P

I look at it like 2 movies in one, say you take Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi and build those two stories into one movie... it would be titled Return of the Jedi, because that's how the story ends.. in a way Lucas is ending it again, sort of.. lol

btw, I was very pleased I could talk about this trailer.. even that ship that fights fires was totally awesome!! and I like how they made it seem like Obi Wan was kissing Padme, Hayden totally looks like Ewan when he's got that long hair.. am I right or am I right?

[ 11-21-2004 10:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Mara1Jade

posted 11-22-2004 05:27 AM    
I'm actually more amazed at how much they have Ewan made up to look like Alec Guiness...

Kalvendar

posted 11-22-2004 11:55 PM    
Hey Graysith, its not a Dark Horse comic. At least the sith massacre. It's from Dark Sabre: A new Jedi. It's the Kyle Katarn books. Yes.... BOOKS! Or, at least that's what I think its talking about. In those books, Kyle has a wierd vision where he watches as the sith and the jedi get sucked into a really big dark hole in the valley, hence the valleys creation.

Am I right in what I guessed Ryk?

Rykounagin

posted 11-23-2004 01:49 AM    
Yeah, that was it Kal....

Loban

posted 11-23-2004 04:14 AM    
Who is Alec Guiness? is he 'Brilliant!'?

Rathal

posted 11-23-2004 04:22 AM    
Alec Guiness is the actor who played obi-wan originally.

Blade of Chaos

posted 12-08-2004 06:50 PM    
Personally, I like the title "Revenge of the Sith." I think it fits in well with the other movie titles...and there's an interesting bit of somewhat-obscure trivia behind it.

For those who don't know, up until the last few months of production, "Return of the Jedi" was going to be titled "Revenge of the Jedi."

Lucas, however, didn't like this title. He felt that it didn't fit the image of the Jedi that he envisioned. The Jedi, he felt, weren't the type of people to take "revenge" on anyone. So he instead came up with the title change, to "Return of the Jedi."

So, you see, I think that's where the title "Revenge" came from. Lucas was showing the contrast between the Jedi and the Sith, I believe, by showing that the Sith were the type to take revenge, for the Jedi wiping them out, you see.

"Return of the Jedi," "Revenge of the Sith."

In my opinion, the trilogy-ender titles go together well.

But maybe I'm just looking too much into it, and its all just a coincidence...

Rykounagin

posted 12-08-2004 07:46 PM    
Very interesting fact Blade. I did a biography report on Lucas in 5th grade, I never did read that one.

Blade of Chaos

posted 12-08-2004 11:12 PM    
It comes from collecting nearly every bit of meaningless but mildly-interesting information I come across and storing it in my brain, Ryk. There's so much useless clutter up here that I worry that one day I'll run out of room...while doing the SAT's or something.

Lol. What a nightmare.

What? They have biographies on George Lucas? Man! I should've done HIM for my stupid History biography report. Probably wouldn't have been nearly as dry of reading...

Mara1Jade

posted 03-16-2005 09:52 PM    
For some REALLY good trailer goodness: http://movies.channel.aol.com/feature/starwars/trailer.adp

Sa'kal'ishaalas

posted 03-16-2005 10:32 PM    
I'm so happy that the new Star Wars is coming out the day after my birthday. This is looking to be really good, but if it ends up turning up bad, I'm going to be pissed at George Lucas. But judging from the trailers, this movie looks awesome. I also found out that the movie is probably going to be rated PG-13, because its dark and stuff...yeah...thousands of slaughtered jedi, the sensless killing of hundreds of people...no, it can't be too dark...ok sorry, I'm talking to myself again. I'm fine as long as I don't start answering myself.

Takeshi Kovacs

posted 03-17-2005 08:52 PM    
Comes out three days before my birthday. Guess where I am going for my party.

I just saw the new trailer. It looks so sweet.

MACE: "Palpitine you are under arrest"
JEDI: Ignite lightsabers
PALPATINE: "Are you threatning me?"
ALL: LIGHTSABER FIGHT!!!

oh yeah, kickin palpitine vs. mace
and guess who wins?

Raye Starr

posted 03-18-2005 06:39 AM    
I do, for going and seeing the movie.

Major-Konig

posted 03-18-2005 08:16 PM    
I like how Palpatine screeches when he runs at 4 Jedi, one being freaking Mace WIndu (7th form master), and Kit Fisto, the horn-head guy, and the other long hair...

[ 03-18-2005 08:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Major-Konig ]

Takeshi Kovacs

posted 03-19-2005 07:46 AM    
That was the scene I was describing, and the "horn head guy" is Kia-Adi Mundi. Kind of a main character, you know. The other guy, I never really got a good glimps of, maybe I should watch it again. Then I could see who it really is.

NO! NO! STOP HAND STOP. NOOOO! CANT GO TO SITE> MUST STAY HERE. NOO! MUST STOP BODY FROM WATCHING MOVIE. AHHHHHHH. I CANT STOP IT. GO ON WITHOUT ME, IT IS TOO LATE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Major-Konig

posted 03-19-2005 10:40 AM    
i think you're mistaken

Ki-adi-mundi is the cone-head Cerean Jedi, not the guy with two giganto-horns out of the sides of his head... Ki adi mundi was almost killed by Grievous on Hypori....

You should see it on the 21st, at 7 PM on Cartoon Network, clone wars series II begins

Loban

posted 03-19-2005 01:40 PM    
are you threatening me, master jedi

the teaser was way better than it's theatrical brother.. oh well.