my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Jedi Killed? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Jedi Killed?
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 01-27-2003 12:15 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you think that some Jedi remain after the control of the Empire other then Obi-Wan and Yoda. I mean I couldn't see that all of them were killed in the attack, I just dont find that realistic.

Whats your perspective?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-27-2003 12:26 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We haven't yet seen all the jedi killed. From what the star wars history speaks of, the Empire led by Darth Vader destroyed all the Jedi in a purge, with the exception of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda. Obi apparently goes into exile/hiding on Tatooine, and Yoda back to Dagobah to hide in the swamps.

This is already given, and is not that unrealistic. It has already been stated in Episodes 1 & 2 that the number of Jedi were dwindling; there simply weren't that many.

[ 01-27-2003 12:28 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 01-27-2003 12:40 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believed that on Ossus there were a few remaining of some sort, I just dont see it possible for one to manage that much killing to so many skilled warriors. Specially the Council Members..

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-27-2003 11:19 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whether or not the purge was "realistic" or not, this is what has been referred to in the first trilogy as "history." IE: it happened, and is one of the primary reasons that Palpatine with Vader at his side gained control of the Galaxy. It is why the title "Jedi" has been reduced to something nearly mythical, when Ben Kenobi speaks of it, and Luke answers with something akin to awe in ANH.

SO: There weren't that many jedi to begin with, and all but Yoda and Obi-Wan were killed in the purge which either occurred at the time of or immediately following the Clone Wars.

Personally I am wondering if this will be something recognized as a necessity in order to "bring balance" - Vader/Palpatine have to rise to power so Luke can restore the balance in his father - ie, bring him back to the Light by his constant adherence to "the good in Vader."

If Vader wasn't allowed to rise to power, he would never have the opportunity to be so awful (ok, the two are synonymous, heh) and thus could not be saved from himself by his son. Remember that he was born without conception, so to speak. The Force was imbalanced in him.

I think the jedi allowed themselves to be killed, just for the sake of the Force, and the good of the galaxy in the long run.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-07-2003 12:28 AM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I tend to agree with GRAYSITH on this matter... However... there were a lot of students in YODA's class in E2. Granted that they are not fully trained, they still have JEDI abilities... Was ANAKIN heatless enough to kill all of those children??? I find it hard to believe.

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200
Btas

Broken Back Button

Member # 392

posted 02-07-2003 07:51 PM     Profile for Btas   Author's Homepage   Email Btas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well a hint of his darkness was shown against the Tusken Raiders and I think their is a possibility he managed to kill them with his full fledge of evil--I just dont see how he could do all of this in only a matter of months at a time. I mean the fight with the droids showed only a bit of the Jedi's ability, and I dont know how he could manage to kill all of them.

Specially the Council, when those are the most trained, and Obi-Wan has yet to even reach to the Council but he manages to stop his own Padawan. Come on now, I dont see how that is reasonable.

Even if you say that someway he gets through to him, even then on the defense Anakin could even it out. I dont know how the heck Anakin could have lost a match with Obi-Wan and manage to kill the Jedi Council Members.

As well as superior Masters prepared to become Council Members which I would guess would be around at the time.

--------------------

Hmmm-Yoda

Posts: 8 | From: No residents | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 06:25 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok let the self-proclaimed expert on Star Wars books explain....
1)Here is a list of other Jedi Who survived the purge...
Qu Rahn
Morgan Katarn
The Ysanna on Ossus
Vima Da Boda
Empatajayos Brand
2)The jedi council and most of the Jedi whether young or old, died when their Jedi temple and its surrounding area was "nuked" from orbit.
3)Vader did not take on the council members in saber duels(you think he is that stupid)

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 09:37 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm telling you, it wasn't nuked...

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:04 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well ok then.....it was DESTROYED or do you prefer LEVELED TO DE GROUNND....whatever happened it no longer exists after Ep3.....right?...of course!!!
Only explanation.....BOOM!!!!BANG!!!palpatine does his "hahahaha" routine....end of Jedi and Temple.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 07:16 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah, but he could have done that after they were slain by Darth Vader and his troops. I just have a feeling it happened afterwards. Like it was a ceremony to the cause of the new government or something.

It'd be a nice ending if you ask me.

Watching the Jedi Temple fall, and then with Darth Vader standing there in his suit kneeling before Palpatine as he says "This is just a taste of the power of the Dark Side, my young apprentice."

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:21 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
very creative there.....but do you actually think that Vader(who could not even beat Obi Wan) and his army can stand up to a hundred or so Jedi, many of which are masters, in a fair Battle? NOOOO, Vader and Palpatin will play DIRTY and..... (Lumbiasith should know what i m about to say)

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 07:28 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, yes he could. You have to remember the power of the Dark Side. Whether you admit it or not, anger can push his power beyond comprehension. From what I've seen in the movies, when filled with rage his kills are swift.

Also, Obi-Wan for example defeated Darth Maul with the help of anger and aggression. This seense of revenge forced him into a stage of mayhem. From the point he saw his Master die he was whippin his butt.

Just the fact that he fell diminished his credibility to fans in that certian fight.

There are very few who don't fight out of aggresion that could prevail in any fight.

Also, I said that it wasn't only him. I said that he also was assisted by the hands of the army he has. Also, from what I heard, this is about a 2 year seperation. In 2 years alot of thing can change. Especially with the continious fighting expirence he is gaining in the battle field as a commander.

He probably has surpass what was shown in the previous movie. That is why they are buffing Hayden up already in Australlia because he is going to be a stronger presence n the movie. The transformation will be complete, and with that will come the presence of Darth Vader.

From what I have seen in the movies and implied, Darth Vader has surpassed Yoda & Obi-Wan Kenobi. Anakin kills Obi Wan and Yoda seems to have run away because of the fear of his own death by the hands of the Empire, which in turn is the hands of Palpatine & Darth Vader.

The transofmration will involve him going on a level that could actually rip apart nearly everybody in the Jedi Temple. Even Mace Windu...

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:34 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That is absolutely impossible.....hmm Vader vs all de council members....NO....He will most probably seperate the council and hunt each one of them down, killing them with the help of the emperor's dark side adepts.
Either that or vader will put his piloting skills to use and in a single starfighter, take out the entire Temple......Or my previous theory.....

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 07:44 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who said every Council Member surivives the war itself. You have to remember that a war is going on before Darth Vader comes to be. He might have to only kill a few.

I mean, alot of Jedi were killed in the Genosises Battle, how do you think they would fair in the eyes of a full fledge war. That was only a piece of it..

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:48 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AS you know, yes many Jedi Knoghts died during that battle.....but hardly any Jedi masters died. and there are more Jedi masters all over the Galaxy.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 07:51 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah, but their are more droids around the universe than Jedi Master. You have to remember, the Jedi race is very very limited.

Even with the galaxy being very massive, it will probably only hold about 100 Jedi Masters, and only 12 in the Council. These all could die, or be placed on the run in a matter of 3 years (2 years between Ep. 2-3 and 1 year when the Empire is created)

I never said Darth Vader killed all the Jedi Race, just the fact that most of them were killed in the war or during the purge of them when the Empire is built.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:55 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1st of the Jedi is not a race. During the Clone Wars Palpatine will turn his clone army against the Jedi after the seperatists are defeated. Thus killing many.
Vader is like the "alley rat" who tracks down the"scraps" (surviving Jedi) and *slash*
1 less jedi.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 10:37 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You don't know, I don't know--just watch the movie.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 11:51 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
right lets just wait 2 more years 4 dde movie to be realeased

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 05-22-2003 06:54 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah. 2 years does not really seem like a long wait. Considering the first Star wars movie was released in 1977.

26 years ago. That means that the six films span almost 3 decades apart. 28 years to be more specific. And that's if E3 is released on time!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-22-2003 06:55 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Come to thinl of it.....yea...wow.....you r right.

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 05-22-2003 08:03 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, that time span is longer than most of us here are old! I'm only 24

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-24-2003 05:19 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't worry about it being released on time, it will. They are already looking over the script and working on the guys. The filming by itself isn't that long from what I hear. It shouldn't even be a year, then comes in the computerized development.

That takes about a year of working at most. Probably only 9 months, then they get into advertisement work and then it'll be released.

Don't worry, just don't worry..

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 05-24-2003 06:09 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, I'm not worried, I'm just impatient!

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-24-2003 07:49 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ME TOO!!!

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05