my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Jedi Killed? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Jedi Killed?
Jaina Solo

Member # 434

posted 05-24-2003 07:52 PM     Profile for Jaina Solo   Author's Homepage   Email Jaina Solo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hear its supposed to be realesed on Christmas day 2005. That would be so cool.
Posts: 34 | From: | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 64.123.159.235
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-24-2003 11:54 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, that'd be horrible. The best idea would to release it the day after Christmas. You'd get an abudance of money then. People don't like coming down from wherever they are and some of their family is out to see a movie. It makes them annoyed.

Now, if it is the day after, the whole family can go. Also to the people that go to sleep waiting in line to get in first won't manage this time. they have to go home to their family to eat some turkey and such.

But still, I feel the best idea would be to place it on the exact date they dissed out the first one. That'd be very good way to end it all.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-25-2003 01:17 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
As an agent of the Sith, Vader was a merciless killer. He brought about the extinction of the Jedi, personally slaying or crippling such notable knights as Halagad Ventor and Empatojayos Brand. The slaughter of the Jedi was widespread, but several Force-sensitive individuals were spared. Select agents of the Emperor were allowed to keep their knowledge of the Force, as long as they used it as the Emperor commanded. Others hid, as Vima-Da-Boda did in the slums of Nar Shaddaa, or Obi-Wan Kenobi did in the deserts of Tatooine.

This is a quote from the very starwars.com databank profile of Darth Vader. This in which tells you that he did spare numerous in his purge, so this would imply that at most their were at least 15 or 20 still alive in the universe. Not only Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda, but others.

So I rest my case, there were Jedi out there that he didn't manage to kill, along with born force sensatives.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Tzakang Lah

Member # 469

posted 05-25-2003 08:30 PM     Profile for Tzakang Lah   Author's Homepage   Email Tzakang Lah     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those whom he spared were only force sensitive.....they were not trained to be jedi. he most probably spared them as he did not perceive them to be a threat.

--------------------

Belek tiu!
translation: Greetings!

Posts: 37 | From: everywhere and nowhere | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-25-2003 08:47 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yet you wouldn't know would you. It opens the field far to wide. This force sensenative could even mean that some of the Clan of Bears were unkilled, as well as a few Padawan.

This justifies Morgan Katarn's existence too.

So, I have a feeling that their were others he couldn't find.

Also, it says "Others", implying there were others other than those two they pointed out. More than one, which would say that there were some Jedi that manage to hide or escape his wrath for a certian period of time.

So, still I say there were others out there. Force sensative of which you said existed, aswell as Clan of Bear and low aged Padawan, then the Jedi that escaped.

So in all it would be around 40 that had survived, maybe a bit less.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Tzakang Lah

Member # 469

posted 05-25-2003 08:59 PM     Profile for Tzakang Lah   Author's Homepage   Email Tzakang Lah     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey yea i remember now. Those force sensitive children were hidden in a jedi stronghold on Belsavis during the purge(read "children of the Jedi). Then they went their seperate ways when they were old enough.

--------------------

Belek tiu!
translation: Greetings!

Posts: 37 | From: everywhere and nowhere | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-25-2003 09:01 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
See...See...I was right.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

MindMaster

Member # 474

posted 06-12-2003 12:14 AM     Profile for MindMaster   Author's Homepage   Email MindMaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's see....Dooku may kill quite a few. He can be pretty deadly. Palpatine would probably do something cowardly like bomb the temple. The war will get a lot, and Anakin and his army will get the most. That makes for a lot of killed Jedi. What is weird to me, though, is that Anakin can beat Mace Windu. Like others have siad, Anakin couldn't beat Obi-Wan, and Obi is no match for Mace. Hey, maybe it's Mace and Dooku who throw down! That would be cool! They seem to have about the same power, after all.

--------------------

I am the MindMaster. None can resist my control.

Posts: 29 | From: A secret place | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 4.72.73.199
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-12-2003 12:27 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still have a feeling about 20 to 35 survived the Clone Wars..

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

MindMaster

Member # 474

posted 06-12-2003 08:45 AM     Profile for MindMaster   Author's Homepage   Email MindMaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, it was something like that. Stil, there were millions of Jedi before the purge, so Anakin does his job well. So he misses 15 or so. He still proves himself to be very deadly and powerful.

--------------------

I am the MindMaster. None can resist my control.

Posts: 29 | From: A secret place | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 4.72.71.88
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-12-2003 02:14 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think that there were millions of Jedi left after AOTC Look how many died there. And MAce did say that they can't fight a war, they could only protect the peace. I read that as there are not enough Jedi to go around. there might be a few thousand in the Galaxy, but there certainly are not millioms.

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-12-2003 10:04 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
all this is proposterous... Why would they release an episode 3? i mean... its MUCH better with the gap in it...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.97
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-13-2003 01:02 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Umm, Mace Windu said that as that is part of the Jedi Philosphy. They are not suppose to fight wars, only protect the peace in their actions. I don't think that hints anything of the sort that their weren't numerous Jedi out there.

He also said that their were about 15 left after the purge, not a million like you suggested with your statement.

That's all I'm trying to point out. Now I'm done.

Peace, I'm out.

One

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-13-2003 07:30 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know what happens in episode 3... Darth maul comes back from the dead, do to his connections with a mysterious dark shadow, with red pinprick eyes, that can command the demons of a shadow demension, and happens to have an intimate connection with a certain half-sith... He once possessed a body, but that bodies old flame kinda destroyed it... Yep, george lucas stole my character, the bastard *grouchy face*

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.122
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-13-2003 10:05 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now where did that idea come from?

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

star_warrior20

Member # 513

posted 11-11-2003 12:29 PM     Profile for star_warrior20   Author's Homepage   Email star_warrior20     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw on a site it's due for May 25

--------------------

Sanity does not exist in this world, just like the Force is with young Skywalker, but he is not a Jedi yet.

Posts: 17 | From: Jedi Temple, under the tutelage of Master Qui-Gon Jin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  Logged: 65.56.47.137
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 02-11-2005 11:22 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alright, well there are obviously some jedi still around: First off, the ANTARIAN RANGERS, existed through the purge and well into the vong era. Second, many jedi have been heard of who survived the purge, in several starwars books, for example Hethir (he's not a jedi, but he was a well known force user) ect.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05