my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Characters   » Favorite Character (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Favorite Character
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 04-22-2002 08:58 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who is everyone's favorite character?

Mine was always Luke, though I like a lot of people...

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.146.251.74
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 04-22-2002 09:01 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Obi-Wan Kenobi. The whole character throughout all the films. He is with it til the very end, and I just really like his personality.

Gotta love those Sith though...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.32.127
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-23-2002 01:29 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm... while I admit to love at first sight of Maul's grace and skill with the double-blade, and bow down before the sheer malignant power of Darth Vader (before he became Anakin again, sorry!)...

I'd have to say my favorite character is Han Solo. I love his independence, his devil-may-care attitude (now you know where the name for Yaoksi's ship came from, heh!), his unruly hair and lop-sided grin. I like the scoundrel in him always battling with the angelic.

Besides, he's cute.

But also, to be honest... I think I'm beginning to like the characters we have developed here even more!

[ 04-23-2002 01:30 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.102.172
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 04-23-2002 05:56 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Of original movie characters, Princess Leia was my favorite from the very start. I always was PO'd at George Lucas for not putting more women in the movies, and I thought Leia was a wonderful character with a great mix of toughness and vulnerability.

Wedge Antilles comes a very, very close second, however. Gotta love them Rogues

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.169.96.50
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 04-23-2002 06:29 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did someone say Rogues? *drools*

And yeah, I always loved Han Solo too. I like the smuggler types. And we RPGers KNOW how I love the devil-vs-angel side of the smuggler persona.

Besides, what girl wouldn't go for that lopsided grin....

(too bad he didn't have blue eyes...heh)

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.38.58
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 04-26-2002 08:51 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mine would have to be Padmé and Leia - gotta love the strong women - good role models for our daughters - not like I have any yet but someday - I did always want to be an astronaut like Leia when i was little - then Challenger and well it was all down hill from there...

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54
mpfett

unregistered

posted 05-04-2002 05:43 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
boba fett is the character to beat, although he could have played a bigger part in the movies
Logged: 65.80.187.224
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 05-04-2002 06:14 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Judging from your screen name it doesn't surprise me you are a Fett fan.

By the way, welcome to the Pod!

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.36.88
Corin Zetith

Broken Back Button

Member # 167

posted 05-04-2002 10:21 PM     Profile for Corin Zetith   Author's Homepage   Email Corin Zetith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Id have to say my most favorite character from the old movies is Chewie!

from the new movies:Qui Gon Jinn he is always so calm and has his own rebelious view on the force to that of the council.

from books: Anakin Solo!

from RPGing obviously Corin my main Character(just joined the story by the way!).

Posts: 7 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 198.5.155.197
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 05-04-2002 11:02 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favorite from EU is...

Corran (surprise, surprise)

My favorite from RPG is...

I dunno. Gotta love Shayla cause she's all me. Gotta love Terrin because he's so smuggler-ish. Gotta love Gray because she loves Shayla. Gotta love Galen cause she loves Terrin.

Ok, shutting up now, just a little hyper-happy there...

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.36.40
Za'in Kenobi

Member # 183

posted 05-11-2002 02:18 AM     Profile for Za'in Kenobi   Author's Homepage   Email Za'in Kenobi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Za'in is my favorite character, lol. You'll just have to read my fan fiction to understand exactly who the guy is...but he's cool!

--------------------

Star Wars: Dark Apprentice: Episode I

Anakin trains under the look of Obi, meanwhile a Apprentice of the Darkness has faded away into the depths of light, heading for the one who killed Maul. What shall happen?

Posts: 91 | From: Behind a girl name rebecca while she bends down, with a smile on my face as she | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
PloKoonII

Broken Back Button

Member # 232

posted 06-05-2002 06:43 AM     Profile for PloKoonII   Author's Homepage   Email PloKoonII     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my favorate character is Plo Koon (hence the name). I wish they would have focused on him some more. in EP1 and 2.
Posts: 8 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.136.60.80
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 06-20-2002 10:36 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
old ben kenobi, just kidding, young Obi-Wan Kenobi...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.160.251
Ahmad

Member # 219

posted 06-21-2002 12:32 AM     Profile for Ahmad   Author's Homepage   Email Ahmad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yoda & Anakin (He cant act, but he sure is fun to watch kill people)

--------------------

"If I wanted to..you'd be dead"-Ahmad

Posts: 90 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Corran Horn

unregistered

posted 06-22-2002 03:46 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Favorite character would have to be Corran Horn.
Logged: 68.67.57.94
Ken Durron

Broken Back Button

Member # 260

posted 06-22-2002 06:47 PM     Profile for Ken Durron   Author's Homepage   Email Ken Durron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favorite character is Kyp Durron. He is smart, powerful, a great pilot, strong in the force, and witty! He is also handsome!

--------------------

Talent does what it can, Genius does what it must, I do what I want!

Posts: 12 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.185.236.40
Ahmad

Member # 219

posted 06-22-2002 07:58 PM     Profile for Ahmad   Author's Homepage   Email Ahmad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to go back on that Anakin idea, I'd have to say that my second would have to be Darth Maul, because he could have easily became a strong Dark Character of great power, cause he was so mysterious. Im suprise alot of fan fictions aren't based on his past, or something, because he is so secretive.

Anyways, I'd also have to say other then him, it would have to be Mace Windu, as he is very smart, and all...and strong

--------------------

"If I wanted to..you'd be dead"-Ahmad

Posts: 90 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 06-23-2002 12:46 AM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personaly like old ben...the knew verson from ep1/2 was good, but old ben has that aged experience, and wisdom that i love to see in a character... and second, has to be darth maul, i stick by my statement that he was a lot stronger then people think... HE TOOK ON TWO FULLY TRAINED JEDI AT THE SAME TIME AND LIVED! thats freaken awsom...
what bad character can say that? people continue to say that dukoo is stronger, but he did nothing cept fight dirty, while thats great for an evil character, maul faught with awsom skill, and power, and managed to survive, till he got tired and got slayed by that stupid obi-wan that was all mad that qui gon died....

--------------------

"im just a loser jedi, in a vast univers of winners..."
Section 4, article three of Trels book of facts

Posts: 64 | From: Phelan | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 209.178.189.236
Sid

Member # 228

posted 06-23-2002 02:12 AM     Profile for Sid   Author's Homepage   Email Sid     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The young Obi-Wan is cool too, I have ot state that. He from the beginning of the prequel has shown signs of greateness, and is much more atheltic and enthusastic then the old one. I think the actors make the change in the character as well, as they both act pretty well, and do it enough to change the character to their outlook. Young and atheltic, along with a touch of wisement makes for a popular character.

I like him, along with Mace Windu, Ahmad, Sid, Lumbia Whitefeild, and Yoda.

--------------------

"The girl didn't do anything...and the droid either. Let them leave...or you shall die!"-Sid

"Its not bragging if its true..."-Sid

Posts: 96 | From: Cali | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 06-23-2002 11:47 PM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well, to get into the board, the characters i like are in this order...

Shayla, Graysith, entaris, Sorben, Terrin, trel... ya, thats about it...

--------------------

"im just a loser jedi, in a vast univers of winners..."
Section 4, article three of Trels book of facts

Posts: 64 | From: Phelan | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.8
rexcoeus

Broken Back Button

Member # 285

posted 07-07-2002 08:00 PM     Profile for rexcoeus   Author's Homepage   Email rexcoeus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favorite character is Yoda, but I am also a big fan of Boba Fett. Kind of contradicting considering Fett is in a way a killing machine. He is the baddest mo fo in the universe. But Yoda is my fav. I am a big fan of the Jedi. Luke is definatly a great character as well.

--------------------

May the Force be with you... always...

Posts: 12 | From: The Cantina on Mos Eisly | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 66.31.218.222
SeanHortkron

Pilot of Unknown Past

Member # 279

posted 07-07-2002 10:19 PM     Profile for SeanHortkron   Author's Homepage   Email SeanHortkron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sean Hortkan...Yoda.

--------------------

The Power of crave can overwhelm the strenght of pride.

Posts: 94 | From: Irutula | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 07-07-2002 11:12 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, since AOTC, I have to change my mind to Anakin. I really like how the character is developing, and Hayden does a good job at playing the part.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.153.208.230
Aidan

Broken Back Button

Member # 293

posted 07-25-2002 08:33 PM     Profile for Aidan   Author's Homepage   Email Aidan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Han and Wedge will always hold a special place in my universe. Of course, Harrison Ford is my favorite actor. And who couldn't love the "loose cannons," known as Rogue Sqaudron?
Posts: 6 | From: | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 216.229.173.107
Ghost Dog

Mandalorian Scout

Member # 298

posted 07-26-2002 08:54 PM     Profile for Ghost Dog   Author's Homepage   Email Ghost Dog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TextBoba Fett is my fav. He is the baddest man in the galaxy... I mean cmon did you see how he looked in Episode 2 (as a child) when he was at the controls of Slave 1? Pure badass. Jango ranks up there too only because he's Boba's Dad. Slave 1 and Slave 2 are the best in the galaxy.

Dash Rendar is also kick ass. He's one hell of a flyer and can talk the talk and back it up. The Outrider is a tight ride too.

--------------------

For the Guild, For the Credits, For the Respect, For the pleasure!

Posts: 21 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 68.43.36.74

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05