The Holonet Boards   » Characters   » Favorite Character

Anakin

posted 04-22-2002 08:58 PM    
Who is everyone's favorite character?

Mine was always Luke, though I like a lot of people...

Mara1Jade

posted 04-22-2002 09:01 PM    
Obi-Wan Kenobi. The whole character throughout all the films. He is with it til the very end, and I just really like his personality.

Gotta love those Sith though...

Graysith

posted 04-23-2002 01:29 AM    
Hmmm... while I admit to love at first sight of Maul's grace and skill with the double-blade, and bow down before the sheer malignant power of Darth Vader (before he became Anakin again, sorry!)...

I'd have to say my favorite character is Han Solo. I love his independence, his devil-may-care attitude (now you know where the name for Yaoksi's ship came from, heh!), his unruly hair and lop-sided grin. I like the scoundrel in him always battling with the angelic.

Besides, he's cute.

But also, to be honest... I think I'm beginning to like the characters we have developed here even more!

[ 04-23-2002 01:30 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Rogue Angel

posted 04-23-2002 05:56 PM    
Of original movie characters, Princess Leia was my favorite from the very start. I always was PO'd at George Lucas for not putting more women in the movies, and I thought Leia was a wonderful character with a great mix of toughness and vulnerability.

Wedge Antilles comes a very, very close second, however. Gotta love them Rogues

Mara1Jade

posted 04-23-2002 06:29 PM    
Did someone say Rogues? *drools*

And yeah, I always loved Han Solo too. I like the smuggler types. And we RPGers KNOW how I love the devil-vs-angel side of the smuggler persona.

Besides, what girl wouldn't go for that lopsided grin....

(too bad he didn't have blue eyes...heh)

Padme of Hidden Lake

posted 04-26-2002 08:51 AM    
Mine would have to be Padmé and Leia - gotta love the strong women - good role models for our daughters - not like I have any yet but someday - I did always want to be an astronaut like Leia when i was little - then Challenger and well it was all down hill from there...

mpfett

posted 05-04-2002 05:43 PM    
boba fett is the character to beat, although he could have played a bigger part in the movies

Mara1Jade

posted 05-04-2002 06:14 PM    
Judging from your screen name it doesn't surprise me you are a Fett fan.

By the way, welcome to the Pod!

Corin Zetith

posted 05-04-2002 10:21 PM    
Id have to say my most favorite character from the old movies is Chewie!

from the new movies:Qui Gon Jinn he is always so calm and has his own rebelious view on the force to that of the council.

from books: Anakin Solo!

from RPGing obviously Corin my main Character(just joined the story by the way!).

Mara1Jade

posted 05-04-2002 11:02 PM    
My favorite from EU is...

Corran (surprise, surprise)

My favorite from RPG is...

I dunno. Gotta love Shayla cause she's all me. Gotta love Terrin because he's so smuggler-ish. Gotta love Gray because she loves Shayla. Gotta love Galen cause she loves Terrin.

Ok, shutting up now, just a little hyper-happy there...

Za'in Kenobi

posted 05-11-2002 02:18 AM    
Za'in is my favorite character, lol. You'll just have to read my fan fiction to understand exactly who the guy is...but he's cool!

PloKoonII

posted 06-05-2002 06:43 AM    
my favorate character is Plo Koon (hence the name). I wish they would have focused on him some more. in EP1 and 2.

Loban

posted 06-20-2002 10:36 PM    
old ben kenobi, just kidding, young Obi-Wan Kenobi...

Ahmad

posted 06-21-2002 12:32 AM    
Yoda & Anakin (He cant act, but he sure is fun to watch kill people)

Corran Horn

posted 06-22-2002 03:46 PM    
Favorite character would have to be Corran Horn.

Ken Durron

posted 06-22-2002 06:47 PM    
My favorite character is Kyp Durron. He is smart, powerful, a great pilot, strong in the force, and witty! He is also handsome!

Ahmad

posted 06-22-2002 07:58 PM    
I have to go back on that Anakin idea, I'd have to say that my second would have to be Darth Maul, because he could have easily became a strong Dark Character of great power, cause he was so mysterious. Im suprise alot of fan fictions aren't based on his past, or something, because he is so secretive.

Anyways, I'd also have to say other then him, it would have to be Mace Windu, as he is very smart, and all...and strong

Trel kentar

posted 06-23-2002 12:46 AM    
Personaly like old ben...the knew verson from ep1/2 was good, but old ben has that aged experience, and wisdom that i love to see in a character... and second, has to be darth maul, i stick by my statement that he was a lot stronger then people think... HE TOOK ON TWO FULLY TRAINED JEDI AT THE SAME TIME AND LIVED! thats freaken awsom...
what bad character can say that? people continue to say that dukoo is stronger, but he did nothing cept fight dirty, while thats great for an evil character, maul faught with awsom skill, and power, and managed to survive, till he got tired and got slayed by that stupid obi-wan that was all mad that qui gon died....

Sid

posted 06-23-2002 02:12 AM    
The young Obi-Wan is cool too, I have ot state that. He from the beginning of the prequel has shown signs of greateness, and is much more atheltic and enthusastic then the old one. I think the actors make the change in the character as well, as they both act pretty well, and do it enough to change the character to their outlook. Young and atheltic, along with a touch of wisement makes for a popular character.

I like him, along with Mace Windu, Ahmad, Sid, Lumbia Whitefeild, and Yoda.

Trel kentar

posted 06-23-2002 11:47 PM    
well, to get into the board, the characters i like are in this order...

Shayla, Graysith, entaris, Sorben, Terrin, trel... ya, thats about it...

rexcoeus

posted 07-07-2002 08:00 PM    
My favorite character is Yoda, but I am also a big fan of Boba Fett. Kind of contradicting considering Fett is in a way a killing machine. He is the baddest mo fo in the universe. But Yoda is my fav. I am a big fan of the Jedi. Luke is definatly a great character as well.

SeanHortkron

posted 07-07-2002 10:19 PM    
Sean Hortkan...Yoda.

Anakin

posted 07-07-2002 11:12 PM    
Well, since AOTC, I have to change my mind to Anakin. I really like how the character is developing, and Hayden does a good job at playing the part.

Aidan

posted 07-25-2002 08:33 PM    
Han and Wedge will always hold a special place in my universe. Of course, Harrison Ford is my favorite actor. And who couldn't love the "loose cannons," known as Rogue Sqaudron?

Ghost Dog

posted 07-26-2002 08:54 PM    
TextBoba Fett is my fav. He is the baddest man in the galaxy... I mean cmon did you see how he looked in Episode 2 (as a child) when he was at the controls of Slave 1? Pure badass. Jango ranks up there too only because he's Boba's Dad. Slave 1 and Slave 2 are the best in the galaxy.

Dash Rendar is also kick ass. He's one hell of a flyer and can talk the talk and back it up. The Outrider is a tight ride too.

Brodie-Wan

posted 07-28-2002 04:42 PM    
Obi-Wan, Yoda and Mace "Mother Fuckin" Windu

[ 07-28-2002 04:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Brodie-Wan ]

Loban

posted 07-28-2002 05:15 PM    
That's funny... I thought his middle name started with an 'L'....

Taehun

posted 07-29-2002 12:42 AM    
quote:
Originally posted by Loban:

That's funny... I thought his middle name started with an 'L'....

heheh.

Mine is definately Darth Maul. Sure, I know a few of you think that he was all flash and that he did horribly in the fight against Obi-Wan. Remember though, Obi Wan began to win his fight only when he used his anger...only when he used the dark side.

Before that though, he was handling a padawan who was practically about to become a full fledged jedi, and a jedi who didn't sit on the council because of his stubborness.

Anyway, I like Maul because he's all about getting the job done. The fact that he hardly ever spoke makes his character even more profound. Of course, there's always that one line...

"Fear, Fear Attracts The Fearful, The Strong, The Weak, The Innocent, The Corrupt. Fear, Fear Is My Ally."

All I gotta say is...damn.

Recinis

posted 07-29-2002 09:37 PM    
quote:
Originally posted by Taehun:[QB]

Sure, I know a few of you think that he was all flash and that he did horribly in the fight against Obi-Wan. Remember though, Obi Wan began to win his fight only when he used his anger...only when he used the dark side.
.[/QB]

FINALY! someone that agree's with me! maul was the shizzt! he held his own against two jedi at the same time! what other bad guy in the sw univers can say that? dookue could only take one of them on at a time after all, i mean, maul was amazing in that fight, and also, to be able to wield a double bladed lightsaber takes skill that no other can match...he was just awsome, obi wan woulda never beaten him if it wasnt for the anger...

LumbiaSith

posted 08-07-2002 11:01 PM    
I have changed my mind completely, I think the best character ever within the films, and including our RPG would have to be Young Obi-Wan and GraySith. Both are so diverse, yet inside they are very diverse too. Obi-Wan knows that anger can lead him to the darkness, but when using it he knows he can manipulate it into light side so that he can excellerate his power, as he did in the fight with Darth Maul. Graysith has a reason of living, yet has so many problems achieving it, and hwo she does itis something that I like. I dont actually like my character better, as they haven't manifested into a stern thing that people would know, and be able to use with so much mixture. Im going to try and mash my player perfectly so that it'll fit..

blueandbronze

posted 12-05-2004 06:35 PM    
Original Trilogy: Leia or Chewbacca
New Trilogy: Padme, Anakin or Darth Maul
EU: Ysanne Isard

Rykounagin

posted 12-05-2004 08:55 PM    
Sith Wars: Lord Hoth
Pre-Clone Wars: Darth Maul
Clone Wars: Anakin (when he goes dark side)
Rebellion: Xizor
New Republic: Noghri/Wraith Squadron (favorite people in that case)
New Jedi Order: Corran Horn

[ 12-05-2004 08:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

Takeshi Kovacs

posted 03-14-2005 06:16 PM    
Corran Horn was cool, so was Face Loran or Kell. maul was awesome, and obi might not have used the darkside, i dont know. But the reason he lost, was good guys have to win, and Lucas needed to finish him off. But maul seems like the coolest sith, with the possible exception of exar kun.

Kirsty

posted 05-04-2005 01:43 PM    
Obi-Wan is my favourite chatacter throughout all movies

Sellith

posted 05-04-2005 01:57 PM    
It has to be Darth Maul. The Double blade is the coolest weapon ever, and he uses it to perfection.

Blade of Chaos

posted 05-19-2005 10:57 PM    
Obi-Wan and Yoda, oh so definitely.

I always liked them a lot...

...but Revenge of the Sith made it certain.

They're the best!

Hawke

posted 05-23-2005 07:11 PM    
For some reason Lando has always been my favorite. I'm not entirely sure why, but he is. Obi-Wan and Yoda are tied with Lando as my favorite. I love them all.

Sarisa Ker

posted 05-27-2005 11:43 PM    
I like Darth Vader, Darth Maul, the Imperial Guards and Boba Fett