my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Into the Undiscovered Deeps (Page 8)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Into the Undiscovered Deeps
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 04-10-2007 10:11 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin didn't care for putting Shawn off longer, but facts were facts.

Whomever was out there was perhas closer to danger than the Jedi. And at least, with whomever it was, they could probably do something to help them. While the Dark Lord was still meditating, they would be nothing more than sitting ducks regarding Shawn.

"Shawn is going to have to wait until Lord Aelvedaar is ready anyway," Terrin opened with, frowning. "Besides, I'd love to know what happened to get anyone out here on this particlar hellhole of a planet. Not exactly a vacation spot."

He paused a moment, his frown growing a bit darker before lightening some. "I can't stand the thought of leaving someone calling for help stranded either.

"We should go see what we can do to help."

[ 04-10-2007 10:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 04-10-2007 10:22 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Already on it, flyboy," I said as I hit the enable switch. Outside the forward ports the scenery suddenly lurched, then skewed about as the ship reoriented itself in response to the coordinates I had already punched in. Moments later we were zooming over unmarked swampland, boggy marshes and occasional copses of gnarltrees, skimming over the tops of said gnarltrees so as to get a good view of what we might find when we got to wherever it was we were heading toward.

I hoped it wasn't going to be somebody's funeral...

It didn't take long to arrive at the spot, perhaps half an hour or so. As the proximity sensor began setting off a series of warning bleeps I began circling, banking the ship so all could get an eagle's eye view out the starboard port.

"See anything anybody?" I asked, gripping the controls and keeping her in a tight circle.

"We're there..."

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.6
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 04-10-2007 10:38 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin leaned forward and looked through the viewport, seeing pretty much nothing but a bunch of trees.

He frowned. "No...."

He paused, trailing. "...ahhh...yes...

...I think."

Pursing his lips, Terrin then pointed out towards something, in a grove of trees. "Looks like the trees have been tossled about some...

....but there's really not much."

He paused. "Get any sentient life readings?"

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Daiosk Formere

Broken Back Button

Member # 919

posted 04-11-2007 02:38 AM     Profile for Daiosk Formere   Author's Homepage   Email Daiosk Formere     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Covered in thick mud to blend in, Daiosk Formere saw them. Oh, he saw them, as they searched the spot where he had smashed the trees to make it seem like something had been there.

He was playing a dangerous game he needed to get off this planet and they were the only things who could get him off this planet. He shot the four standard blaster shots that he had been taught while he was in CPA, but he wasn't aiming at the sky he was aiming at the cockpit.

The shots missed, as they were supposed to. The shots were meant to hopefully show them that he was not afraid of them. The shots might have done that, but they gave away his position and the searchlights zoomed directly on him. Covered in mud, blaster in hand, vibrosword in the other, he must have been a sight. All he could think was "Please don't shoot me".

Posts: 14 | From: | Registered: Apr 2007  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 04-11-2007 10:13 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Whoa, whoa, WHOA!"

Before I could answer Terrin's question it became a moot point as what was obvious firepower came slamming across our bow. Without even thinking of it I grabbed the controls, shot us into a wildly upwardly spiralling escape vector. Everything and everyone not fastened down immediately found a new place to occupy; even I found it difficult to maintain my seat, and I knew this was coming.

"Someone just shot at us!" I hollered by way of explanation before leveling off at about eight klicks above local terrain. From there I flicked on our hull spotlights, and brought every camera and sensor we had to bear on the relative origin of that unexpected blast.

"Anybody see anything?" I growled, half tempted to just fly off and leave our mystery person to whatever fate Dagobah had in store for him. There was, after all, someone who desired being rescued; I sure didn't see the use in trying to save someone who wished to remain unrecovered, as our trigger-happy unknown so apparently did.

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Daiosk Formere

Broken Back Button

Member # 919

posted 04-12-2007 01:24 AM     Profile for Daiosk Formere   Author's Homepage   Email Daiosk Formere     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I looked into the light frightened, "I might have made the most stupid decision ever. These people didn't have to rescue me, they had more than enough firepower to level me.
I reached up and turned my goggles down to blocking, to block out the light. It almost blinded me if I had stared any longer.

Okay, I had to breath, I holstered my blaster slowly, but kept my sword out.

"Hello, my name is Daiosk Formere" I lowered my sword and adjusted my helmet-com to pick up any frequency, "Please those shots were just to scare you but as you can probably see I'm in no condition to scare anyone, please don't shoot!!!" That was all I could do before I lost my footing and fell off the branch.

Posts: 14 | From: | Registered: Apr 2007  |  Logged: 152.163.100.6
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 04-12-2007 01:08 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I scowled, hitting a switch to zoom in for a closeup. What I saw caused me to rear back in surprise.

"Ummm... Terrin--? There's a, ahh... mudman down there with a sword, in a tree--"

I cut myself short a moment, peered closer.

"Not anymore; he fell," I finished, but before Terrin could reply something came in over our receivers. I raised an eyebrow.

"Well!" I stated, then gave a little snort.

"What do you think of that? But more importantly: what do we now do? I can't land down there; looks like he couldn't either. If we're going to get him out of the fix he's in I'm going to have to get close enough that somebody can be lowered down on a line to assist him. Mmmm..."

I punched more buttons, scrutinized the results of local sensing.

"Seems he's-- that is, he was about fifteen meters from the forest floor; yeesh, I sure hope this guy's like a cat. That's a heckuva fall; I hope he's all right.

"Anyway, we've got at least thirty meters of line aboard; thoughts, m'dear?"

[ 04-12-2007 01:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Daiosk Formere

Broken Back Button

Member # 919

posted 04-12-2007 05:01 PM     Profile for Daiosk Formere   Author's Homepage   Email Daiosk Formere     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Freefalling, I knew that I was going to die. After coming so close to being rescued. I closed my eyes, awaiting the eternal darkness that was death. I am finally at peace- owwww!!!!

I don't want to look over at it. Wait I'm still alive. Opening my eyes, I discovered that I had slammed into a branch and was dangling by a broken ankle on a vine. The vine would hold for about a couple minutes more. I tried to reach up and grad the nearest branch but my arm must have been broken when I broke the branch and my ankle must have been broken from the sudden lurch when the vine had grabbed me. Wait it grabbed me!!! That thing was alive!!! HELLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!

Posts: 14 | From: | Registered: Apr 2007  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 04-12-2007 10:14 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin scowled towards the viewport as he picked himself up off the bulkhead where he'd been slammed when said mudman in need of rescue tried to "scare" them. Regaining his footing, he headed back for the copilot's chair,took a seat, and pursed his lips.

"Not sure how thrilled I am about hanging out on a line for someone who was just trying to scare us," he commented, irritated. "I think this all sounds rather fishy. We probably just ought to pick this guy up for the fact that he's a real hazard," he commente then, chewing his lip a bit. "Maybe I can convince Jasyn to go down on the line with a blaster in hand while I hang on to it," Terrin added sarcastically, standing up.

"Maybe we ought to comm our mudman down there and tell him not to shoot at anyone or anything else that isn't native to the swamps of Degobah before we do anything..."

--------------------

~~Galen

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 04-12-2007 10:31 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"If he's still alive to receive," I added darkly as I began guiding the ship down to a lower elevation. When I was about 100 meters above the forest canopy I began circling, keeping our spotlights and cameras trained on the ragged opening in the trees.

"This is-- Rescue One," I said, shrugging quickly at Terrin before I went on.

"We're going to be lowering a man down to assist you; what is your condition, please?"

With that I flipped the comm from send to receive and sat back in my seat, letting out another snort for good measure.

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Daiosk Formere

Broken Back Button

Member # 919

posted 04-13-2007 12:52 AM     Profile for Daiosk Formere   Author's Homepage   Email Daiosk Formere     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rescue one" I said "rescue" well that means they were here to rescue me. They weren't gonna have much to rescue if these things kept eating into his skin. With the sword I had cut the snake that had caught my foot and I was now climbing back up. "Rescue One, this is Formere, I need immediate medical attention" I looked back down at my foot and realized that I couldn't have emphasized enough on immediate.

"One I have been biten by a snake like creature, my ankle is broken, and my shoulder is crushed" I reached a branch and rested. I reached up and adjusted my goggles, I relaxed and calmed my voice "Rescue one thank you for coming.... Thank You"

Posts: 14 | From: | Registered: Apr 2007  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 04-18-2007 01:52 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Roger that," I replied, then shot a concerned glance Terrin's way as I began to lower the ship even closer to the canopy.

"Better take an emergency medkit with you," I suggested, giving a sideways nod toward the forward viewscreen. Emblazoned upon it for all to see was the most beautiful image of trees, trees and more trees, through which wisps of fog rose gracefully into the air before disappearing under the influence of the Dagoban sun.

"And something to stabilize his broken bones with, too. Hmmm... you might want to take some pain-killers along as well; raising him up isn't going to feel all skittles and beer for him."

With that I turned back to the controls, concentrating on keeping the ship level and in one spot so the boys could lower themselves safely to assist the unknown person we had stumbled upon.

[ 04-18-2007 01:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 04-18-2007 10:25 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin nodded in agreement and headed out, going aft to explain to Jasyn, Matt and anyone everyone else what was going on. After collecting a few med supplies, Terrin left Matt to continue to watch over Erik Kartan, and had Jasyn come to assist.

Jasyn scowled as they headed to the hatchway, and Terrin hit the release to extend the hatch.

"I'll let you hang on the the rope here, and I'll go down," he said, sensing Jasyn's distaste for the whole idea, further sensing that perhaps Jasyn's PR skills were lacking for the task of getting some random person out of his funk. Not that Jasyn intended to be that way or really felt as he acted...

...but it was something to consider. Especially since they didn't know who this person was, how he got here, or why he was here. Besides, judging from his handling with Kartan, Jasyn's nursing skills were also obviously lacking...

Terrin unholstered his blaster, strapped on the medkit, and secured the rope around him.

"Allright pal," he said, turning to Jasyn, "I'm counting on you to hold me steady and get me and whomever is down there back up in one piece.

Terrin raised his wrist comm to his lips, and opened a frequency. "Galen, we're set back here. I'm on the way down now."

Stepping out on the extended hatchway, Terrin gave a final nod Jasyn's way, gripped his blaster for all it was worth as he was met with absolutely nothing but trees upon trees, and began to work his way out towards the most sturdy one he could find to begin working his way down...

--------------------

~~Galen

Daiosk Formere

Broken Back Button

Member # 919

posted 04-18-2007 10:50 PM     Profile for Daiosk Formere   Author's Homepage   Email Daiosk Formere     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Daiosk Formere looked up at the strange ship.
They were lowering down someone to get him. Daiosk set up for a better view of the person that was coming down to help him. Daiosk looked at his leg

His leg was bad...really bad. The creatures had grabbed his leg so hard, that when they let go they took skin with them. He pulled himself up with his one good arm, and flicked his goggles on hype-vision. He vision shot up to close view on the person. The rescuer had a medpack, a blaster, and was moving very carefully onto a branch. Daiosk smiled 'these people were good'. He let his limp body slouch back down to the hard surface of the branch.

Why did he have to come by Dagobah. It was supposed to be a simple delivery. Why had his engines died? These were questions that could wait right now he needed to help the person find their way down. "hey" he called "i'm to deep, if you could keep coming down i'll meet you halfway", and with that said Daiosk begin a painful climb.

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 04-19-2007 10:08 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin paused for a moment as he heard the call from below, balancing very carefully.

"I've got some line and a really good pilot," Terrin called down. "Don't get even more hurt when we might be able to get down to you," he added.

Taking a few more steps down the tree he found himself in, Terrin didn't at first see the "moving branch" coming in torwards his leg. The snake-like thing was in the process of wrapping itself around one of his legs before he saw it in time to shoot it off with his blaster.

"How close to the ground do you think you are?" Terrin called out below, taking even more cautious steps as he kept working his way down...

...keeping a closer eye on anything agressive that might be lurking in the brush.

--------------------

~~Galen

Daiosk Formere

Broken Back Button

Member # 919

posted 04-20-2007 09:11 AM     Profile for Daiosk Formere   Author's Homepage   Email Daiosk Formere     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Daiosk Formere stopped his climb to look down at the ground.

"probably ten meters now, I'll stop if you think you can reach me"

Daiosk stopped and looked up in the direction he heard the shot come from. They were only a little farther away. He would actually be saved. He stopped his climbing and let his arm rest. Please make it to me, was all he could think.

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 04-22-2007 10:00 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin continued to work his way down the tree, carefully, having brief interruptions from more of the same variety of snake-like creatures that he had nearly given a leg to earlier. Still, he could at length see a goggled man fairly well, hanging precariously on a tree branch about six meters below him, and about 10 meters to his right.

He paused, looking over the tree a bit as he considered the best way to get over to this man without killing one or both of them. He worried about the strength of the branch...

"Hey," Terrin called over to the other man, "Think you can get in towards the center of that tree more, or at least closer in to my location? I don't think that branch you are on right now will hold the both of us long enough for me to get you safely connected to my line."

--------------------

~~Galen

Daiosk Formere

Broken Back Button

Member # 919

posted 04-23-2007 01:36 PM     Profile for Daiosk Formere   Author's Homepage   Email Daiosk Formere     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Daiosk responded "well I guess I can try" Daiosk stood up and limped to the edge of the branch. He looked over the edge, and saw that he might not survive another fall. He limped back the base of the branch and walked over again at a quicker pace. He launched his broken body 5 meters into another tree.

He wasn't able to stop himself from crash landing face first into the tree. At the cost of his nose he had gotten closer to the person who was going to save him. He pulled himself up with his good arm and called over to his savior.

"is this close enough, I don't think I can climb up to you."

Daiosk stopped to address his nose, which was leaking blood down his face. He grabbed his hand cloth and tied it around his face and applied pressure to it to stop it from bleeding. He then laid down and waited.

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 04-24-2007 10:32 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin cringed in empathy. "Yes, that is close enough," Terrin replied. "Don't try to move another muscle, I'm coming over to you."

Carefully then, Terrin worked his way through the branches of the tree he was now in to then carefully step over to another. With only a couple of more trees between himself and the other man, he then began working his way down, making fairly decent progress despite his slow and measured steps. Terrin was actually beginning to think that perhaps he would get over to the man fairly easily...

...but then the limb below his left foot suddenly gave way, snapping at an unnoticed weak point. Terrin lost his footing, slipping quite a bit before managing to grab onto another branch, thanking all the gods in creation that he had the line back to the ship around him. Still, he managed to scrape both hands rather nicely, and one knee was feeling a little less favorable than he would have liked.

Terrin chose to ignore it, working his way around the tree he was hanging precariously on until he felt his body was fairly secure on it once more. Turning then, he eyed his new distance from the goggled man. Although he hadn't quite made his way down in the manner he would have liked, Terrin was glad to find that he was down to about 3 meters above the man, and now about 5 meters apart.

Terrin raised his wrist comm to his lips, opening a general frequency that both the ship and whomever had a comm device should be able to pick up. "It's getting a bit difficult down here," he opened with, wincing a bit, "But I'm getting close. Hopefully I'll be to him in a few minutes."

Sending the message off with that, Terrin then began working over to the next tree, taking even more care to work through the branches this time as he did so, an occasional pain reminding him that this was far from a walk in the park he was taking.

--------------------

~~Galen

Daiosk Formere

Broken Back Button

Member # 919

posted 04-29-2007 12:22 AM     Profile for Daiosk Formere   Author's Homepage   Email Daiosk Formere     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Daiosk looked up and over to where the person was now getting closer to him.

Hey" he called "Do you need me to help guide you down"

Daiosk looked down at his legs and determined that they were now moving. Those creatures were coming up from where he had been moments ago.

He looked down and saw the creatures moving up in a slow creeping manner. They had him. He knew it and worse the knew it. He pulled out his blaster and fired down into the pit.

The creatures backed up for a moment, then continued. They were going to get him.

He looked up at the person making their way down."uh, we're going to need to hurry this up." He swallowed his last numb-pill, and used his good arm to continue another climb.
"Their coming up and blaster fire won't hold them off any longer." He warned the rescuer.

After a couple of long lift ups and crossovers he now could see the creatures moving more quickly after their escaping prey: HIM.

He looked over and saw that he was in distance for him to jump to his rescuer.

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 05-01-2007 12:31 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
At first I could only grunt noncommitally in reply to Terrin's notification, for the majority of my attention was focused on the trim of the ship. She was built, after all, for both space and atmosphere; thus she had enough flattened hull parts to use when, say, banking as one does if coming in to land on a planet. But those flattened areas which allowed this were great windcatchers; there was enough of a stiff breeze blowing off the canopy to present a constant threat of moving me from the spot over which I was trying to hover. Add to that the simple fact that in hovering I was using a combination of carefully juxtapositioned port and starboard thrusters -- hey, if I used braking thrusters I'd have blasted everyone into teensy crispy critters -- which in turn demanded I keep the ship's trim at about a 40 degree angle to local surface in order to prevent the same, well--

"Gotcha," I finally sent out as a lull in the wind gave me the opportunity to release a control long enough to flip the comm from receive to send.

"But hurry it up, will ya? It isn't any walk in the park up here, ya know..."

With that I hurriedly flipped the come back to receive and then returned to gripping the controls firmly with both hands once again. None too soon; another freshening breeze sent the ship sailing a few meters off to one side once again. A curse erupted from me as I hastened to compensate, wondering all the while what havoc that errant little puff of wind had wrought on the line Terrin was dangling upon. When she had steadied I flipped the comm open once again.

"Oops, sorry about that, flyboy," I sent in apology. "You okay?"

[ 05-01-2007 12:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 05-01-2007 09:51 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The line jerked quicker than Terrin could react to it, sending him flying as he completely lost his grip on the tree.

"Kriffing hell!" Terrin blurted as tree limbs cut and scraped his face and arms fairly nicely. Thank goodness he was wearing the Sith flightsuit, however. That saved him from any major injuries to his legs. Gods knew what would have happened if he'd been in one of those damned Sith robes...

Somehow still able to think "on his feet" (as the expression goes, of course), Terrin did manage to look back in the direction he was sailing, gaining him not only another good set of scratches on the face but also a reasonable glimpse of his target. He judged, reached out, and grabbed the nearest limb near the injured man he could manage. When the swinging finally stopped and he gained his bearings and looked down, the injured man was not not more than half a meter below him. Terrin took a few more carefully placed steps down, keenly aware of the crawling things that were nearing, reached out a hand...

...and made contact with the injured man. He flipped on his wrist comm. "Given some scrapes and scratches, yes. At any rate, I'm down to our guy, and getting a more secure grip on him. And if you all could figure out some way to pull the both of us up and out of here quickly...

...that would be nice, because the ahhh... local serptine wildlife is coming in for a visit here..."

Terrin sent off the message and took another couple of steps down now even with the injured man. Immediately he knew the guy probably had a broken arm. He quickly reached into his medkit and pulled out a split. "Not the best of conditions to meet under," he opened with, "But I hope we have time for more formal introductions later. At any rate, maybe this will help your pain some before you get yanked up on this line," he said, indicating the split. "And I have pain meds."

[ 05-01-2007 09:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 05-01-2007 10:01 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Copy that, flyboy; see if you can get that rope into some kind of sling around him, and let me know when you're ready to initiate ascent," I replied as another momentary lull allowed me to flip the comm once more. Sending the message and then quickly flipping back to receive, I returned to keeping the craft as motionless as I possibly could, knowing that to allow it to be played willy-nilly with the wind would only cause more havoc below, havoc which might prove fatal to an already injured person. As for Terrin's cuts and scrapes--

I'll attend to those when he's safely up again, I thought in non sequiteur before finally coming up with a thought.

"Hey guys," I hollered over my shoulder, aiming somewhere towards the aft of the ship.

"Do you think you can haul up the line Terrin and the new guy are attached to? Once they're ready to get the kriffin hell outta the trees they're more than likely stuck in..."

[ 05-01-2007 10:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Jasyn Lancaster

One of the Crew, Technical (and Sith Brandy) Specialist

Member # 389

posted 05-01-2007 10:09 PM     Profile for Jasyn Lancaster   Author's Homepage   Email Jasyn Lancaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn looked over his shoulder from the rope he was hanging onto just long enough to holler back. "I'm not letting go of this damned thing, that's a fact," he commented with partially clinched teeth. It had been quite an ordeal to keep a hold on the line when the ship had gone a bit askew just moments before...

...but Jasyn was determined to hang on for all he was worth. He was being depended upon. "Might help though if I have a few extra hands here to haul them both up, this could be quite rough for the both of them," he hollered over his shoulder, almost instantly hearing footsteps in response.

--------------------

"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!"
"You gotta try some of this Sith brandy!"
"Ummm... Boss...?"
"Brandy, you're a fine girl..." (from "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

Posts: 577 | From: Everywhere and nowhere | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 05-01-2007 10:15 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin nodded to Galen's comm as if she could actually see what he was doing. Then he carefully went to work, taking the line that was tied around him and working it as carefully around the other man as possible, trying to wrap it avoid injured limbs while still twining about the man effectively enough to not "drag" any portion of his body as they went back up. Terrin wasn't an expert at such things, and stated as much to the other man. "I hope this doesn't hurt you too much," he commented briefly, knowing better. "I don't know how long it'll take them to pull us up, and what we might encounter on the way back," he admitted.

At length deciding that he'd created as best of a sling as he could, Terrin offered the man some more pain medication, opening the comm as he did so. "Galen, we're as ready as ever. And that local wildlife..."

He paused, looking downward and frowning at their proximity. "Getting closer..."

--------------------

~~Galen

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e