my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Into the Undiscovered Deeps (Page 11)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Into the Undiscovered Deeps
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 07-19-2007 03:13 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"He-- he's gone," I replied numbly, still staring at the spot where Lord Aelvedaar had disappeared as though by doing so hard enough I could somehow reach out and drag his sorry carcass back to us. But hard looks or no, the spot remained empty, the air blank.

I turned eyes almost as blank upon Terrin, then focused with a self-reproving shake of my head.

"He's gone; I mean, Lord Aelvedaar. He came out of his hidey-hole, said something about his magicks being needed elsewhere, something about a danger too great to comprehend or something. Then he opened up one of those doorways like he does, and just--"

I waved a hand about in vague description.

"Left."

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.67
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 07-19-2007 03:55 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin scowled at Galen, the look clearly not intended for her but rather for what she had just told him. "Oh, wonderful," he responded. "And I don't suppose he left any parting suggestions as to how we get to Shawn? He was after all the only one we had capable of linking with him and guiding him out of his natural prison."

Pausing at that, Terrin's look turned a bit vague, his mind trying to process the newest in their never-ending curses. At least they had found Kartan on their own, before he became Degobahan dinner for some creature. He wasn' so sure if it would be the same for...

"Hey wait a minute," he then spoke up suddenly. "I know he's injured, but I wonder...

...might there be some way for Kartan to link up with Shawn and help him out of the caves?"

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 07-19-2007 05:47 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I shrugged, then resumed my interrupted trek to the galley.

"I don't know," I replied honestly. "That's all Jedi stuff, and I don't know diddly-squat about what they're capable of. It's all mumbo-jumbo to me."

Deep down inside myself something wriggled a bit at that, as if protesting, but I ignored it and proceeded on.

"Why don't you ask him? He'd know what capabilities he has, far more than I would."

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.67
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 07-20-2007 09:13 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin nodded, chewing his lip a bit. "Yeah, I think I will," he then responded, pausing then and chewing his lip a bit more. "You know, we might need to just all sit down and have a conference with the whole gang here, like the old days when we had to think on our own," he admitted. "Kartan has training, but even with any abilities he has...

...I think it's going to take all of us to get Shawn out of there."

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 07-21-2007 08:35 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I nodded in reply to this, placing a hand unconsciously upon my suddenly growling stomach. For by now I had recovered enough from the shock of the Sith Lord's departure to where my body was free to remind me that it had been some time since I'd last eaten.

"Well, we knew it wasn't going to be easy anyway," I commented as I continued heading toward the galley.

"We still have a plan of sorts, and ya know? If for some reason Erik can't communicate with Shawn well enough that we can guide him out, well... we still have the schematics of that cave system. I mean, it's not like there's only one way out; there's got to be more than a single entry point! It's like trying to unlock a door, all we have to do is find the right key."

By this time we had reached the entrance to the little galley. I nodded toward it, my stomach rumbling once more in anticipation.

"I'm going to catch a bite to eat; why don't you go feel out Erik, and see just how much Force-whoosis he's got. Maybe your idea will work, maybe not. Personally, like I said, I have no idea; I'm not certain of what jedi are capable of, but I've traveled around this ol' galaxy a bit, you know, and seriously I've never heard of them being able to do much more than communicate with each other over distance by any other means than through simple emotions."

With that I ducked into the galley, and was soon rummaging about for something to appease my cranky stomach, which was beginning to roil and grumble at a rising rate.

[ 07-21-2007 08:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 07-22-2007 03:23 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin headed off to the medbay after Galen departed into the galley and quickly found Kartan, who was still floating between wakefulness and sleep, no doubt from the last bit of meds he had taken for pain. Feeling it wise not to draw the conversation out for too long, Terrin quickly filled Kartan in on his thoughts regarding Force communication with Shawn in order to help him out of the caves. "I don't really know alot about what a Jedi's capabilities are in this area," he then admitted, "But as Galen says, you above all of us would know that. So what do you think of this?"

(((OCC: Wow this thread is LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG! I think it's time for a new one! Continue on in our saga and see if Shawn ever gets out of the caves in Out of the Unknown in this same forum, thanks!

[ 07-22-2007 03:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e