my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Into the Undiscovered Deeps (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Into the Undiscovered Deeps
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 12-27-2006 10:03 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I send the human a dark glance, for it is quite apparent he does not sense the same terrible feeling of impending doom which I do. I wish not to waste any time in a committee regarding this; rising to my full height, I speak up in the most imperious tone of voice I can command.

"Quick-! Who flies this vessel?"

Saying nothing further and with no more ado I go to Galen, and swiftly lay my hand atop her face. Large as it is, it entirely encompasses her features, fingers cleanly reaching out to nerve ganglia and nexii.

"Be thou still," I command her, in the Ancient Tongue, that she knows this is no mean feat I am now attempting.

[ 12-27-2006 10:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 12-27-2006 10:16 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Matt is flying the ship," Terrin spoke up, nodding then towards the cabin. "He's alreayd there."

Pausing at that, Terrin then raised the wrist comm Jasyn had given him to his lips, and punched in Matt's comm frequency. "Matt, we need to get out of here," he said through the commlink. "I need you to close the hatch and be prepared, ok?"

Matt replied in the affirmative, and in short order the hatch smoothly closed.

Then, across the comm came two questions from Matt: "Where are we going, Captain? And do we have everyone on board?"

Terrin spared only a moment to respond. "Yes, everyone is accounted for," he answered. "As to where we are going...just take us up and skim the surface of the planet for now. More direction will be coming shortly."

Quieting at that, Terrin lowered the wristcomm...

...and simply waited, unsure of exactly what the Dark Lord was doing.

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 12-27-2006 10:25 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My hand is still atop the young woman's face. To her credit, she remains still, although I can fairly feel the questions burning within her curious mind. Saying nothing, offering no explanation, I step now to the cockpit area, and still maintaining contact with Galen I position her beside Matt.

"Do thou this, and hold," I command her, now taking one of her own hands and placing it in an identical position atop Matt's face. That the ship has already gained altitude and that his vision is now blocked does not concern me; there are more than one means of flying a vessel.

"Hold," I repeat sternly, then delve deeply into her mind, ripping here, sliding there, until at last I find it cowering bravely in a corner of her memories:

The Link my Chosen Son has seen fit to develop with her.

I smile, thanking all the gods that he had the foresight to do this, whenever it had been and for whatever purpose. It is but a casual thing, then, to contact him via this mental connection.

"My son, this is your Father speaking to you now. Go to the Octahedron, my boy; ask it to show the wall which must be broken, the wall behind which Shawn undoubtedly waits for us.

"Find his whereabouts, my son, that through this link you may send the information into the mind of the pilot of this ship."

To all outward appearances, it is as if I am silent and still, locked in a strange three-way embrace with the man named Matt, and the blood-sister of my own Chosen Daughter.

[ 12-27-2006 10:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-27-2006 10:43 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This was all crazier than a Kowakian monkey-lizard, and sure as there's Treasure on Roon I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

But then--

((OOC: Incoming from Silence of the Lambs in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

The mysterious greeny-goldness suddenly swimming in my vision whirled and collided, melding and molding and roiling until the image of a dark pair was lost entirely, replaced instead by that of a towering scarp face. As I watched, a bat flew forth from a tiny crack, about 1800 feet up the sheer face...

Somehow I managed to remain utterly silent, utterly still, not moving so much as a toe for fear of breaking whatever weirdness the Dark Lord was subjecting me to. For all I knew, if I did things just might become worse...

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Matt Stanza

Eagle Enterprises Second in Command

Member # 415

posted 12-27-2006 10:54 PM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt had been subjected to alot of strange things, but this was perhaps the strangest. Still, ever the keenly intent individual that he was, he didn't flinch from it, sensing the urgency involved. And when the images that played through Galen's mind began to play in his as well, he didn't flinch either.

Instead he inspected the image of the towering scarp face, and of the bat...

"That's Shawn's bat," Matt whispered, barely moving so as not to break any link. Then he puzzled over how to use this information, for certain he could not ascertain what scarp face this particular one could be in this large swamp-world. Then he realized.

The bat knows the way...

He wasn't sure if he had spoken his last thoughts aloud, but somehow he suspected that they were heard nevertheless. Instictively, Matt stanza reached for the controls of the ship...

--------------------

You bow to no one. Not anymore. Not ever again.~~~Matt Stanza

Posts: 151 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 12-27-2006 11:01 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The image is clear, as clear as if being displayed before my own two eyes, not through those of my adoptive Son. I allow myself a small smile, mentally leaning forward to scrutinze the tiny animal more closely.

It flits through the skies of Dagobah, trailing a piece of cloth.

But that cloth is like a beacon to me. Now having something substantial to grasp onto, I stretch forth a tendril of my talents, using the powerful All with which this planet abounds, and call out to it.

"Come, my little one. Come hither. Follow my voice; come that we might see how wonderful you are. Come."

Over and over I send forth the call...

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

The All

Member # 144

posted 12-27-2006 11:09 PM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The little nightbat's flight from the mental pummeling Shawn had given it turned abruptly from one filled with fear, to one filled with comfort. Instead of pounding the air with its wings, soaring and dipping in evasive maneuvers, it straightened out into one huge and soaring loop, now beginning to meep softly in response to another set of warm fuzzies it sensed coming its way.

It flipped, did a somersault, flew in one direction, only to find the sensation dwindling a bit. Meeping in something that would be an indignant manner had it more intelligence than it did, it rounded, casting its own sonar out in the futile attempt to home in on the warmth.

It's sonar did not work for it regarding this... but simple flight did. While the bat was no rocket scientist, it did hold a modicum of animal intelligence; it did not take it long to discover that if it remained flying in one direction, the warmth it sought not only remained, but grew stronger.

Crying out against the humid Dagoban air, the bat arrowed on, now using its sonar to avoid any unseen impediments as it headed in a veritable beeline to that particular place where the ship was, likewise, flying to meet it.

[ 12-27-2006 11:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The All ]

--------------------

I am beyond the Light and the Dark... joining them in unity I make them a greater sum than their parts. I am the warp and woof of existence, the commander of time and the very fabric of all that is...

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 12-27-2006 11:16 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Something of a smile lightens my features, for I easily sense the little creature's approach. It is yet far off; hurriedly now, I reach back along the connection and into the mind of my son.

"The nightbat, my Son; follow the nightbat!"

My mental smile broadens, for the response is instantaneous. The mental imagery now shifts from that of the scarp, to that of the bat, and the landscape over which it is flying. I grunt, strain, but it is a pain easily borne as I now reach out to my companions.

"Does the land look familiar?" I grit out, my teeth yet clenched with the effort of maintaining all the links and the connection to the bat as well.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Matt Stanza

Member # 415

posted 12-27-2006 11:46 PM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt frowned slightly beneath Galen's touch.

We found this ship in some higher ground...

...but nothing that high, he thought, keeping an even, calm outlook. Pursing his lips, he took a closer mental look at the images being shown to him. and that is when something familar at last caught his mental eye.

Wait, the water below the nightbat...

...Jasyn and I followed water out to the higher ground where we found the ship, and the swamp-creature took Shawn into water to begin with...

Matt's thoughts trailed for a moment. Maybe the higher ground Jasyn and I found was just the beginning of an upward climb, we didn't go that far...

...and something about that water does seem familar..

[ 12-27-2006 11:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Matt Stanza ]

--------------------

Posts: 151 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 12-27-2006 11:53 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Grown weary from the links I am maintaining as well as the constant call I must keep sending forth to the bat, I cannot find it within me to block the snort of disgust which now escapes me.

"Then, fly it!' I grunt again, falling into silence and reaching for inner calm, that the nightbat would not be frightened away from us before we needed it's assistance no longer.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Matt Stanza

Member # 415

posted 12-28-2006 12:13 AM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt didn't really analyze the tone of disgust in Aelvedaar's words, but instead found himself looking at the navboard, through Galen's fingers. Sorta difficult to fly that way, but Matt Stanza would manage...

...mostly because he really didn't have any choice. His fingers feeling for the controls, he shifted their course slightly, still flying in atmosphere, using his eyes to lead them back to where he had found the ship. Once he had done that, he simply continued to follow the line of the waters below them, keeping his eyes open, and remaining on course for quite some time before the slightest speck of something in the skies caught his eyes, aside from the fact that the land below them was indeed growing increasingly and quickly steeper, forcing him to change altitude.

After some more time, the speck became clearer, til at length it became a small flight-bound creature trailing a small piece of fabric.

Without realizing it, Matt took in a sudden, quick breath.

We're on the right course. There's the nightbat...

--------------------

Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 12-28-2006 12:28 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The words are manna to my ears. Heaving forth a sigh, I loosen the mental hold I have on the little creature, letting it go free to find whatever haven it is that it seeks. As a parting gift I let slide a small tendril of All to release the cloth bound to its tiny body, that it might not become further entangled to possibly strangle itself to death.

"Good," I let the word out in a sigh of air as, now reaching in all directions I release everyone from the mystical bondage by which I have held them in thrall. I hear twin grunts as both humans react to their freedom; in parting, I likewise feel a sensation of relief coming from the Temple on the so very distant Khar Delba.

Letting my head roll as much as it can in the confinement of the little cockpit, for my horns indeed have a wide spread, I then lean forward to Matt.

"Can you determine the little creature's trajectory, and estimate backward to the exact place from which he left that?"

Saying no more I point one clawed finger at the forward port, which now shows us the sight of a grand and jungle-skirted mesa, one which grows steadily larger and larger as we approach it.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Matt Stanza

Member # 415

posted 12-28-2006 12:48 AM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt pursed his lips thoughtfully. "Yes, I think so," he then responded to the Dark Lord, slowing the ship to then consider the ground below them, comparing it to his recent mental memories of the image of the bat flying towards them. Then, speeding the freighter's velocity, he began to follow the lines of the ground below them, all the while comoparing them to that mental image, using what was in his head to guide him along with what he saw below.

But then, below was becoming higher and higher til after some length of time they arrived at a familar towering scarp face.

Matt slowed once more, analyzing the scarp before him in comparison with his mental image.

"I think this is it," he said at length, falling silent then as he finally caught sight of a tiny crack...

[ 12-28-2006 12:48 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Matt Stanza ]

--------------------

Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 12-28-2006 12:57 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I lean on the console, nod toward the forward port.

"Then that must be the wall we must break down; are we in agreement, or does anyone have another idea to offer? For I am not stating this as being an absolute fact. It is, rather, a deduction I am making in light of the message sent to us by my Son," I state solemnly, then turn round with a tight smile.

"Being a Dark Lord of the Sith does not give me the assurety of being correct in every matter of point..."

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-28-2006 01:14 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"That has to be it," Terrin agreed, seeing no other possible interpretation of the message sent by Aeylmaar, glancing to others in the cockpit, who shrugged as if in agreement. "But how are we going to break that down?" he wondered aloud, frowning. "We've got a ship, and we could try simply blasting it...

...but aside from that being risky, I'm also not certain how effective it would be."

Furrowing his brow a bit, Terrin considered the scrape once more. "Maybe if we could just widen the gap of that crack the bat flew through to leave Shawn..."

He trailed, shrugging in frustration. "Anybody have any other ideas?"

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-28-2006 01:21 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stretched and came up beside Terrin, running a hand through my suddenly disheveled hair and feeling as if I had just ran the Boonta Eve podraces on foot. It wasn't just every day that one had someone messing about with one's mind, you know, much less run something akin to Mos Eisley Spaceport through it.

"I dunno," I said, yawning.

"Why don't you ask Shawn? He might come up with an idea; we've just got to be in range of his comm now, right?"

Besides, I couldn't help thinking an ominous addendum.

This will tell us if our deductions have proven themselves to be right now, won't it, if we find Shawn really is somewhere fairly close inside that rock...

But I didn't say this aloud. Hell no. No use in bringing up another wealth of "what ifs."

One worry at a time, you know...

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-28-2006 01:32 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Ahhh...yeah," Terrin replied, finding mild humor in the fact that he'd missed something so obvious. Turning completely serious then, Terrin opened up a general frequency on his wristcomm.

"Hey, Petrolu, this is Terrin. We're in a ship looking at a scarp face high in the sky with a crack in it, and we think you might be in there and are considering ways to get in without blowing you to bits. Please tell me you are getting this message, and that we haven't found our way to the wrong place."

Fallng silent at that then, Terrin lowered his arm, keeping an eye on the wrist comm expectly. Keenly aware of Galen's weariness, however, He wrapped the other arm about her supportively...

...and then gave himself over to simply waiting, and hopefully for not very long...

--------------------

~~Galen

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 12-28-2006 01:47 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jedi or not, Shawn Petrolu quite nearly jumped out of his skin as his commlink sparked into sudden life, the voice of none other than Terrin Danner on the other end.

"I read you loud and clear, Terrin," Shawn then replied. "As for the crack you are looking at...

...that must still be somewhat ahead of me and perhaps somewhat above me as well, cause I don't see any light ere, and a crack that opens to the outside would do that."

He paused a moment then, thinking. "If I could find the crack somehow, I might be able to Force-push and levitate any fallig debris while you blast and keep it from coming inward."

He chewed his lip a bit. "I've been cutting my way up through the rock with my lightsaber to higher levels; I wonder how high up I am now, and how close I am to the outside..."

He trailed, realizing something. "Your Force-signatures will provide the clue on that, I think. Can you fly to the crack, just as close as you can get? I can't sense something nonsentient and unfamilar, but the closer I get to your essence, the stronger it will be in my Force-senses."

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-28-2006 01:51 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Matt..." Terrin started, not needing to say a word further for the red-headed man to respond to the situation. Flying the ship in to the scarp-face until its side was all they could see in the forward view, Matt then let her hover.

Terrin responded to Shawn then. "It's done," he stated simply, succintly. "Track away."

--------------------

~~Galen

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 12-28-2006 02:14 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn nodded once in response to the incoming message. "Allright," he then replied verbally. "Here goes. Just be aware that, although I still have your Force-signature to lock onto, I'm still flying virtually blind. So if anyone there comes up with an other ideas...

...please let me know."

Falling silent with that then, Shawn stretched out with the Force, once more making himself a simple part of it, feeling all the life which surrounded him in all its complexity and greatness...

...and in turn seeking out a single essence from within the pool. Finding it after some time, Shawn locked on to it mentally, now using something far more than his eyes to then begin his travels through the cave again. Not even igniting his lightsaber...

...for that alone might break his concentration...

...Shawn simply moved onward, his movements now controlled by the Force as much as he controlled the Force in turn to lead him out.

And only the Force knew how long this would indeed take...

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 12-29-2006 12:01 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As he continued on his path, totally linked and connected with the Force, Shawn was scarcely aware of time; in fact, nothing would break him from that link unless something outward came of such demand that it should send a ripple through the Force. As he continued to move on, the small tingling sensation of warning pulled on his thoughts. Pausing then, Shawn became alert enough of his individual surroundings to assess them.

Nothing untoward presented itself immediately, but then he heard it.

The sound of flowing water, as he had heard before...

...but then, there was something else. The sound of something crumbling...falling...?

Shawn frowned then, the warning sensation not diminishing. He raised the wristcomm to his lips. "Ummm, guys, I might have a problem here. The Force is telling me that something is amiss, and I keep hearing the sound of flowing water, and have been for a while. But now I'm hearing something that sounds like falling rock..."

He trailed, his frown growing. "Some cave roof or wall may very well be collapsing nearby..."

--------------------

Jasyn Lancaster

One of the Crew, Technical (and Sith Brandy) Specialist

Member # 389

posted 01-01-2007 04:36 PM     Profile for Jasyn Lancaster   Author's Homepage   Email Jasyn Lancaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn Lancaster scowled darkly, realizing the gravity of the situation. Feeling for all of the universe out of control of the circumstances, however, Jasyn drummed through his brain to think of anything that could be useful in helping them find Shawn...

...and prevent any sort of disaster in the process. Unable to think of anything extremely profound, he decided to go for something more practical, although somewhat out of the realm of his expertise. He was not, after all, any sort of pilot, and knew only a little about any ship's systems.

"If we're so close to this cave of Shawn's, could we somehow use the ship's sensor array to at least access the terrain?" He paused, pursing his lips. "Maybe we could fly in from somewhere and then scan the area? I mean, if we know Shawn says he hears water flowing, and falling rock. Maybe if we could at least get some sort of an idea what is in there," he continued, nodding towards the large scrap before them, "We might be able to figure out where Shawn is better."

Quieting at that, Jasyn waited to see if anyone could make sense of what he was thinking.

[ 01-01-2007 04:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

--------------------

"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!"
"You gotta try some of this Sith brandy!"
"Ummm... Boss...?"
"Brandy, you're a fine girl..." (from "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

Posts: 577 | From: Everywhere and nowhere | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 01-02-2007 12:08 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I pursed my lips, thinking.

"Hmmm..." I pondered aloud, frowning. "This is a freighter; I'm not certain what level of scanners it would have on it..."

Saying no more I turned from the others and went to join Matt. Smiling as brightly as I could manage under the circumstances, I shrugged in apology and began to scrutinize the features the ship's bridge offerred. I could feel the query in Matt's eyes on the back of my head, but bless his heart he kept to the task at hand, which I'm sure my proximity to him didn't help make any better.

"I'll be out of your way in a-- there!"

All apologies aside, I shouldered my way into the seat next to him and began fiddling with some controls.

"They're not the most sophisticated of scanners, but they should serve the purpose..."

Muttering under my breath then I let my fingers play around a bit, deja vu-ing back to the days when I would perform just such an act for Dad in his quest for buried xeno-archeological finds. Granted our scanners were tons better than the ones this antiquated vessel sported, but from past experience I knew that these would be able to do the job required of them.

And they did.

After much manipulation of dials and levers, some numerals began to scroll across a little screen set in the console in front of me. I sat back with a scowl, and puffed out my cheeks.

"Well, he's in there... or at least somebody who's humanoid is."

I turned round to face the others.

"About another 850 feet lower than us...

"...and in about six and a half kilometers..."

[ 01-02-2007 12:18 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-02-2007 12:34 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin frowned. "That's a long way to go through a cave system, especially considering that Shawn is relying on the Force alone to guide him out," he observed. Then, pursing his lips, Terrin recalled something that Shawn had mentioned. "He said he heard water flowing...

...and there is water below us. And, obviously, he got where he got via the water. I'm wondering if he would have more success working his way towards the water, and not necessarily towards us. After all, we know that the water leads out...

...and, if we could give him some direction on which way to go based on the readings the scanners have given us, he might have a better foothold on which course to take to get out."

[ 01-02-2007 12:35 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 01-02-2007 12:49 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Wow, that seems logical enough, but I dunno..."

I puffed out my cheeks again and ran a quick hand through my hair, as if by the gesture I might somehow kick my brain into a higher gear and come up with something. Unfortunately, all it came up with was cold fact, and that based on my personal experience.

"Dad and I poked around in many a cave system," I went on, turning in my seat now to regard Terrin solemnly.

"If Shawn is hearing water, that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to lead him to that same water where the dragonsnake grabbed him to begin with. Well okay, lemme amend that."

I paused a trifle, trying to marshall my thoughts.

"If Shawn is hearing water, it means the cave system is a live one, still growing. And you may therefore substitute the term eroding for growing."

Terrin only gave me a blank look. I let a slight flicker of a grin light upon my lips, then went on.

"Caves form from water, for the most part. I mean, there's other things involved, but to put it generally the water seeps into cracks and crannies and hollows them out. So yeah, while the water that he's hearing more than likely is connected to the main body of water at the base of this big ol mesa thing we're hovering in front of--"

I waved my hand toward the forward port.

"--there's probably miles and miles of connecting passageways and so on where the water flows. I could try to generate a layout of the interior, but that's going to take some time."

[ 01-02-2007 12:50 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e