my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Tattooine orbit (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Tattooine orbit
MasterTyberius

Emissary

Member # 314

posted 08-13-2002 02:56 PM     Profile for MasterTyberius   Author's Homepage   Email MasterTyberius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The huge asteroid came out of hyperspace on the outskirts of the Tattooine system...

Tyberius pressed a button and sent an order to the bridge,"It would be best to disguise ourselves while in orbit, just to play it safe..."

The Endeavor turned into a very small moon, and aligned itself in an orbit as just that... undetectable...

"We shall wait, young Lo-Ban..."

[ 08-13-2002 03:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by MasterTyberius ]

Posts: 80 | From: see loban | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.181
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-13-2002 08:24 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith settled back against her seat in the magnificent Sith ship--

Indeed, this ship has served us well, the momentary thought sidetracked her from their current path. I wonder who its former owners were, and what they had designated as the name for so wonderful and unerring a servant?

Her lips curled into a smile as she allowed herself to idly consider one name after another, the forward viewscreen showing nothing before them but the raging otherness of hyperspace.

Beside her, Recinis shifted a bit uneasily. She immediately turned to him, laying one slim hand softly upon his forearm.

"Worry not, my protector," she said with a smile. "The pair before us are still clearly in our sights." Here she paused to indicate one particular glyph on the command board, which was flashing a steady and most peculiar shade of green. "The boy will not dare to attempt any trickery; if so, my adept will be more than capable of handling it."

Now she removed her hand from Recinis, turning her gaze inward once more, reviewing what had transpired over the last hours:

One more uneventful journey to Khar Delba, there to pinpoint and easily repair Loban's wounded ship. The transfer of Shayla and the young jedi-wannabe from the Sith ship to his own. Her holding her breath as Loban guided that ship with Shayla's assistance through the hole in the planetary magnetic field... where it unassumingly enough went into a brief orbit, quietly waiting for the larger ship to arrive.

The coordination of coordinates...

...and now pondering what unknowns lay before them.

Her jaw clenched unconsciously as she wondered to herself just who or what this Tyberius would prove to be. This was not the time to be having to sidetrack from seeking her child, but if the slim possibility of yet another alliance against Lord Roan existed....

She sniffed slightly, still staring at the forward viewport yet not seeing the ravening splendor there. All that floated before her inner eye was the raven-haired, violet-eyed image of a Babe...

...one who's hair suddenly segued into that the color of pure copper. One staring up, unafraid, into eyes all chrome and electric blue.

She shivered suddenly, placing her arms about herself, and in thus a manner hunkered more deeply into her seat, her eyes staring stonily but now seeing nothing as they continued on in their All-shielded ship toward a planet known by many as being the dregs of the universe:

Tattooine.

[ 08-13-2002 08:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.52
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-13-2002 09:41 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mos Eisley Cantina

In the alley next to the cantina, the bounty hunter Tylon Kincaid drank the Krayt Juice he ordered at the bar. He was standing in the darkest corner, his helmet off, as he still does not want his face to be seen.

This is extremely dangerous, Tylon. The dead Jedi's voice said. The bounty hunter shook his head.

"It's been two years since the last time I drank out in the open...especially on Tatooine..." he replied aloud. "Speaking of which, why did you have me come here?"

You'll see... was all the voice said.

[ 08-13-2002 09:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by TheKnot ]

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-13-2002 10:06 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla had to work to keep the look of disgust off her face, clearly annoyed at being stuck in an entirely-too-small cockpit with someone who had deigned her the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen.

Great, she thought irritably, I'm stuck in close quarters with a Jedi-wannabe!

She succeeded in not letting a lick of this show on her face, fortunately. Shayla just merely remained aloof and kept her look completely inscrutable. At length turned her blue-green eyes into the pair belonging to Loban.

"So, what exactly is this Tyberius guy expecting you to do with me when we show up, and did he say anything in regards to how you should "capture" me?" Shayla asked quietly, her greeny-blues looking at him quizzically.

[ 08-13-2002 10:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-13-2002 10:25 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I was to present you to him, aboard his ship... He did not specify 'how I should capture you' he told me it was a rescue mission... usually those in need of rescue need no capture..."

Lo-Ban paused, then looked into Shayla's eyes...

"I apologize for being so forward with you when we first met..."

Lo-ban gave his apology a moment, for sincerity...

"May I ask about the great powers you wield, I am curious..."

Lo-Ban waited for her reply...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.181
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-13-2002 10:45 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla continued to gaze at Loban with a completely unreadable look. "That is none of your concern," she said simply. "Afer all, you are Jedi" she ended with, still watching the young man measuringly.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-13-2002 10:50 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I understand..."

Lo-Ban reached behind Shayla, and took out a protein pack...

"Are you hungry?"

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.181
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-13-2002 10:58 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla actually grinned in bemusement at that. "No, thanks. Been a long time since I had a protein bar, and I'd like to make it even longer if I can," she added. Then she sat back and gazed into the blur of hyperspace, her eyes and ears and every other sense on full alert.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-13-2002 11:12 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Really... I kinda like the taste..." Lo-Ban couldn't help but smile as those words left his mouth...

"You have a beautiful smile, you should make a habit of it..."

Lo-Ban took a bite of his protein bar,"That IS terrible..."

[ 08-13-2002 11:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-13-2002 11:21 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I only make a habit of smiling when when it's appropriate," Shayla said nonchantly.

"...or when I'm around certain people," she said, the barest hints of a wistful look crossing her face. After only a moment, she pushed that little errant thought back and turned another blue-green gaze to Loban, somehow seeing something he might not have even known was there.

[ 08-13-2002 11:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-13-2002 11:26 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis sat quietly for a moment within the sith ship. he then looked to graysith and a slight smile crossed his face. "do you think that boy...loban...is safe from your sister? she doesnt seem to like him..." he then caught himself, and straightoned, his face taking on a serius look once more.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.178
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-13-2002 11:40 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban looked around the cockpit, searching for a place to dispose of his bitten protein bar... after finding none, he threw it to his feet... "I am hungry, but not THAT hungry..."

"Have you ever been to Tattooine?" Lo-Ban asked Shayla, and waited for her answer...

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-13-2002 11:44 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla grimaced at the leftover protein bar that Loban had thrown to the floor. Then she answered him. "A few times," she said, not really wanting to elucidate any further. "Not one of the prettier planets in the galaxy, but the twin suns are rather beautiful..."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-13-2002 11:52 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith struggled to keep her serious look from exploding into a grin of genuine amusement as she was bombarded from two ends of the same stick: the lingering tendril of something more than irritation she was receiving from her Adept, and the words Recinis was now saying to her. For a moment she just sat, concentrating to send her own responding tendril of supporting bemusement off through her ever-present link with Shayla. Then she turned to Recinis, giving up the attempt altogether to remain falsely sober.

Her teeth flashed at him in the dim lighting of the command center, white and even.

"I am monitoring the situation, Recinis," she laughed, leaning her head against one slight fist. "Indeed, perhaps more so than this boy would desire I do."

Turning back now to the viewscreen, she stared off into the white otherness which represented entire systems smearing themselves alongside them. Her soft chuckle brightened the alien beauty of the command center with the accompanying music it shed.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.194
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-14-2002 12:04 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis listened quietly to what Graysith had told him, he then chuckled to himself. a small grin once again breaking through his iron-like features, the he did not attempt to fight the smile this time.
Yes...Loban was most likely in for a real 'treat' should he push his emotions... i sensed something deep within him, and i doubt he will hold it within himself for long.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-14-2002 12:20 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I find the sun sets most beautiful... and if you look hard enough, the planet is beautiful as well... once you get past the desert and the nothingness... now that you mention it, I should have left that rock a long time ago..."

Lo-Ban then snapped his fingers... grabbed his discarded protein bar, and placed it into the garbage...

"I knew I installed that... Are you making do with these close confines? Tyberius would not grant me a ship, I did not wish to 'rescue' you in THIS..."

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-14-2002 12:32 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla folded her arms. "I'm just fine," she said with little inflection. Then she thought out to that ever-present mental link she had with Graysith: I have a sneaky suspicion Erik would be laughing his head off if he knew what was going on right now, she mused, knowing Erik would initially get a kick out of someone trying to flirt with her--however incospicuously they were trying to do it.

But then, she thought, unconsciously smiling a little smile, He might not find it amusing for long...

[ 08-14-2002 12:33 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-14-2002 12:38 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith turned once again to Recinis, choking back yet another laugh.

"I hope the pair will not end up tearing out each other's throats before we achieve our goal," she commented to him lightly. "For it is yet another two day's travel to Tattooine."

Grinning, she snuggled against the luxurious Sith seat, basking in the not-quite-leather of it, and enjoying thoroughly how it molded to her slight frame. The thought immediately popped into her head of other "accommodation" equally molding... but meant for one instead of two. Her fingers now lifted to her lips, and she laughed aloud.

Now her head flopped back against the headrest. "It is good to find a modicum of rest for the soul, though it be at the expense of my poor Adept." She sent a silent promise out to Shayla that she would see to making most definite amends to her when all was said and done.

Then she sobered at the following thought, one which darkly hinted that soon enough such light-hearted play would be all but forgotten, like mists disappearing beneath the onslaught of a desert sun.

She let a small sigh escape from her at that unsettling shadow, then turned her head slightly in Recinis' direction.

"It is a long trip yet to the desert world," she began softly, then she shifted more sideways in her seat. "Tell me of yourself, Recinis," she began formally enough. "Tell me again of your past, and why you have been sent here to protect me."

Settling down into the cushions like a child nestling down for a bedtime story, she waited for Recinis to answer her.

[ 08-14-2002 12:46 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.187
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-14-2002 12:57 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"If you like, I need not talk... I am tired anyway, If you need me, don't hesitate to wake me up... There is a button on the right side of your seat, if you care to get some shut-eye..."

Lo-Ban took his seat as far back as it would go, folded his arms across his chest, and closed his eyes...

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-14-2002 01:12 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla was really just itching to punch him, but thought better of it because she wasn't exactly sure why she wanted to.

Oh yes you are, some little voice persisted. You're mad cause you could be with Erik about now, and you are stuck in this rat-trap ship with someone you don't wanna be in close proximity with. Admit it.

She glared at that, fire in her eyes. Just what did this "Master Tyberius" want with her anyway?

She frowned at that, knowing she really didn't have the faintest idea and not liking it one bit.

Well, you'd best get some sleep so that you you are completely ready for whatever lies ahead.

Sighing at that, Shayla shot one more irritable glare in Loban's direction and huddled against the side of the cockpit, pulling her knees into the seat and still sitting upright. She closed her eyes and began to drift, knowing how ridiculous a position she was in when she could be laying at least somewhat flat.

In the back of her mind, a little voice persisted that she shouldn't give Loban the satisfaction...

[ 08-14-2002 01:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-14-2002 01:17 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis sat quietly for a moment, letting his thoughts and memories find order within his mind.
"I..." he bagan hesitently "i dont remember much...but i seem to be gaining my memory back..slowly, things seem to spark here and there..."
He then took a deep breath, held it for a moment, and released.

"i was born, to my knowledge, on Khar delba, my father had done many deeds for the Lord of the sorcers, and on his death, my mother was sent to live there...i was born there, and trained there...when i reached an appropriat age, the sorcerer began sending me on missions...he told me then that i must be put to rest...and awaken to serve a woman by the name of graysith...he only told me that the fate of the sith could reside in your hands... i guess now i understand why that is..."

He then stopped, taking a few more deep breaths I now know why that is...i cant believe im one of the last...

"i....I cant remember much more right now...my memories seem very distant..."

He then sighed to himself "im sorry i can not explain myself any better..."

--------------------

---BMG

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-14-2002 01:28 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban shot a glance threw his eyelids towards Shayla... A very small smile appeared on his face, he knew exactly why she was in the position she was in...

He again closed his eyes, and fell fast asleep...

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-14-2002 01:31 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Chosen Daughter allowed her eyes to soften along with the light coming from the Glyph on her forehead. It quietly dimmed its brilliance, now washing the interior of the command center with a gently deep violet glow.

"It is enough to relate what you do recall, Recinis," she responded at length. "Do not apologize for what you feel you may be lacking. More shall come with time.

"And," she went on, now turning her head to gaze fully into his eyes. "Cast aside your sorrow at being what you feel is the last of your kind. Think instead of yourself as being of the first in the new empire the Sith shall surely come to know again."

With those last words she reached out to lay her hand lightly on his forearm, holding his gaze meaningfully with a deep one of her own. Then she let her hand drip from his arm, and turned once more to stare out into the mysteries of hyperspace once again.

The Sith ship yowled on....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.187
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-14-2002 01:40 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla sensed Loban's glance whether he expected that she would or not. Her eyes snapped open and she let her body uncurl from its rather precarious position. Then, putting every once of strength she owned into the motion, she slapped him right across the face.

His eyes snapped open in surprise.

Shayla just smiled sweetly at him. Then she faced forward again and pushed her seat all the way back, looking him dead in the eye with her cool greeny-blues. "You even think about pulling anything and you will so wish that you hadn't," she said in an equally cool voice, the look in her eyes in utter contrast to the sweet smile still on her face.

She held his gaze for another moment longer, then turned to look upwards, closing her eyes and falling asleep.

Yet even so she was still aware...

[ 08-14-2002 01:41 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-14-2002 01:42 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis nodded slowly, then turned his own gaze forward.
She is correct...no need to hold myself responsible for that which i have no control...
He then closed his eyes, and let his mind wander, his muscles slowly relaxing, and his mind falling into a peacefull trance.
Slowly sorting through memories, and thoughts that he could not fully make out, though he believed with time, he would be able to decern

--------------------

---BMG

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e