my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Tattooine orbit (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Tattooine orbit
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-14-2002 02:14 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban handed Shayla a protein pack, and took one for himself,"If you can handle it... I will tame my hunger as well..."

Lo-Ban waited to see how Shayla would take to it...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.181
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-14-2002 02:22 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla unwrapped the protein bar and calmly bit into it, not letting a speck of her disgust at the taste of the thing show on her face. Instead, she smiled contendedly as she chewed and sat back a bit, appearing to actually be enjoying the meal.

What she wouldn't give to do a little atom tweaking right now. Maybe provide them with a nice enough breakfast of something ENTIRELY more edible...

But no. Their needs were being met, albeit with a rather tasteless protein bar. No need to wrecklessly use her talents in front of oen who was so inquisitive to them. Not yet, anyway. Only when the time and situation deemed it necessary. At this point, however, there wasn't any need for her to expend the energy.

Smiling as she continued to tear into the bar hungrily, she said, "Got anything to drink?"

[ 08-14-2002 02:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-14-2002 02:30 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban smiled as Shayla asked for something to drink... He pressed a button and a wet bar opened up to his left,"What is your pleasure?"
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.181
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-14-2002 02:39 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla just smiled in bemusement.

Is he trying to impress me...?

Then, "Some pale water, if you've got it." Then, "Quite an interesting ship you have here..."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-14-2002 02:46 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"She is a tough little ship... Here is your water, it's my personal favorite... I believe I will have one too..." Lo-Ban handed Shayla a bottle of water, and took one for himself...

[ 08-14-2002 02:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-14-2002 02:54 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla accepted the water and took a sip. Then, arching an eyebrow at Loban, she couldn't help but let the fighter-pilot in her creep forward in her next words. "I used to fly a sweet little X-wing," she said. "Kinda miss her every once in a while. But," she continued, taking another sip, "I've had more than my fair share of learning to fly some awesome little ships lately." She couldn't help but think of her Retribution with a smile. "Tell me about your ship..." she inquired curiously.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-14-2002 03:02 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Yeah, an X-wing... where was this, I have always wanted to pilot one..."

Lo-Ban paused, and then answered her inquiry...

"Well... as you probably have noticed, this is a modified pod racer... I raced them when I was younger... I just decided to convert one for space travel, I knew I would have to leave Tattooine some day... her handling and speed is pretty awesome... Maybe you could take it for a spin sometime, after these dire matters, of course..."

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-14-2002 03:07 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla cocked her head to the side, considering Loban a moment. Then, "Well, I used to fly an X-wing back in the day when I was info-smuggling," she explained. "I started flying one when I was barely a teenager." At that her lips curled in a grin of complete amusement. "You'd find I'm a rather crafty pilot. And one who doesn't like to not be at the controls herself. Just ask my significant other some time..."

[ 08-14-2002 03:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-14-2002 03:23 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"So... you are married?"

Lo-Ban awaited her response...

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-14-2002 03:29 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla grinned. "Not yet," she replied. Then she couldn't help but add one tiny little thing to that statement: "I'm taking applications, however. Thusfar one in particular is standing out..."

She laughed lightly, and sat back, the empty water-glass in her hand. She waited to see what Loban might reply...

[ 08-14-2002 03:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-14-2002 03:40 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"So you have a 'significant other', yet you are still looking?"

Lo-Ban was curious, and awaited her reply...

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-14-2002 03:47 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I believe that last comment about the applications would be what most sentients refer to as sarcasm," Shayla answered, rolling her eyes in disgust. "Not a soul in this Galaxy can ever fill the hole that Erik does in my life. You'd be very unwise to try to it," she growled, folding her arms over her chest and looking at him coolly.

[ 08-14-2002 03:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-14-2002 03:53 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Righttt.... Am I missing something? I wished not to offer you anything more than friendship... I apologize if I did anything to indicate otherwise... I am happy for you and Erik..."

Lo-Ban waited for her reply...

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-14-2002 04:02 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla resisted the urge shove Loban out of the cockpit right then and there. Still, she grabbed a fistful of his tunic at the neck and pulled him forward, staring him right in the eye. "Look, buddy," she hissed. "I can see right through you, so don't give me any Bantha poodoo. I'm not an idiot. And furthermore, I'm trying my damnedest to be nice here; you understand I would much rather be with Erik, seeing as I've barely seen him for quite a while now."

She paused at that, the look on her face darkening. "But noooooo, in you walted to Khar Delba, a completely protected planet, to find a padawan who had been gone from the Praxeum for longer than even I remember now. Didn't you at least consider that, when I appeared and was completely happy where I was, that just maybe you should go back and report to your supervisor that your "rescue mission" was unnecessary?

Or is it that you still know something about him that you aren't telling any of us?"

[ 08-14-2002 04:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-14-2002 04:19 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"All right... I admit it... until you told me you were involved with someone else, I was quite interested in you..."

Lo-Ban paused, then continued...

"I would have been happy to tell Tyberius you did not need rescuing, had I the chance... your allies came to me with this plan..."

Lo-Ban awaited her reply...

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-14-2002 04:37 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla didn't let go a fraction. "I seem to recall telling you and that Jedi Master of yours--whatever did you do with him?!--to leave Khar Delba myself. Whether you were interested in me or not, didn't you think that sooner or later Tyberius would come looking for you when you didn't return with your package?"

[ 08-14-2002 04:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-14-2002 05:17 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"My ship was not space worthy, I waited with Shawn, and then you came back... I really had no way off planet... and as for Tyberius, we were in contact... He instructed me to return to Khar Delba... Trel, my master, could not continue my training for reasons of his own..."

Lo-Ban awaited Shayla's response...

[ 08-14-2002 05:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-14-2002 08:07 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Oh," Shayla said, finally letting the fist full of shirt she'd been clutching go, "Your somewhat questionable Jedi Master took my advice and left the planet, and you stayed behind to continue your quest to save me. How sweeeeet," Shayla commented in a sugar-coated tone. "You are gonna sit here and tell me that you were in contact with Tyberius, but didn't bother to ever mention to him that I was not interested in being rescued?"

Shayla looked at Loban suspiciously. "If I didn't know better from being in your mind, I'd say you're trying to cover your tracks. And I still can't believe you didn't have enough logic to figure out that something about all of this just wasn't quite right.

How did that thing of yours manage to locate me anyway?"

[ 08-14-2002 08:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-14-2002 08:27 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"He contacted me threw the device... by the time I had realized you needed no rescuing, you had the device... I had my doubts about the mission, but my wish to become a jedi overshadowed them..."

Lo-Ban paused to consider another one of Shayla's questions...

"From what I understand... The device had a sample of your blood, and somehow used it to find your whereabouts... that was the explanation Master Tyberius gave me..."

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-14-2002 08:36 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla frowned. "I shudder to think how that guy got ahold of a blood sample from me," she said, actually shivering at the thought. "Don't seem to recall having to give a blood sample to start at the Praxeum. Still I wonder...with all this wonderous technology Tyberius has why in the Universe it is he doesn't come find me himself. Why the middle man? What's he got to hide? And just based on the information he must have received from that device of yours, he had to know I was on Khar Delba..."

She trailed at that, frowning even more deeply.

[ 08-14-2002 08:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-14-2002 08:41 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"No worries, we shall get to the bottom of this... with your powers, I can't imagine too much trouble..."

Lo-Ban lightly patted Shayla on her shoulder, to console her...

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-14-2002 08:56 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla shot an inscrutable look in Loban's direction, avoiding the urge to shrink back at his touch.

What she wanted...what she really, really wanted at this moment was to huddle into Erik's embrace and forget this all until she actually had to face it. She had every confidence in what she, Graysith, and Recinis could do. But that didn't mean she liked conflict any more. The true Sith were quite honestly a peace-loving race...

"The first rule in coming against anyone," Shayla commented at length, "is not to underestimate them." Then she added, "Especially when you don't know exactly who it is you are going to face.

I just want to get this all over with, and get the Hell back where I belong..."

With my Sister and our allies.

[ 08-14-2002 08:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-14-2002 08:56 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mos Eisley, Midnight...

The bounty hunter stood in the middle of a road, looking upwards at the stars. Unknowingly, his right hand gripped the lightsaber tightly, as though his life depended on it...

Something's coming... he thought-spoke to the Jedi. And you knew about all along?

He heard a small laugh in his head. Oh yes. After we left Ahmad, I sensed that something of interest will be coming to this dustball soon. If you are wise, perhaps you should prep your ship...

Tylon shook his head. Don't tell me what to do, Jedi.You fail to understand, bounty hunter. You don't have any other choice...

[ 08-14-2002 08:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by TheKnot ]

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
SeanHortkron

Pilot of Unknown Past

Member # 279

posted 08-14-2002 09:29 PM     Profile for SeanHortkron   Author's Homepage   Email SeanHortkron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sean's attitude became once more timid, throwing his rapper onto the surface, stepping onto it, crunching it into a small flat, crinkled piece of paper. Grasping lightly upon it, his hands clutched together, and began crinkling it into a ball. Throwing it in te sead beside him, he slowly threw his viewpoint behind him with his lips into a visable frown, as if he didn't want to say what he was saying, but his life morals had driven him to do so.

"Want any food, or liquid?" He questioned, in a clear procise voice, through his frowned lips. Through the leather seating, the man behind him could noticably catch a tightened fist, showing the how nerve-rattling those words were to his pride.

[ 08-14-2002 09:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by SeanHortkron ]

--------------------

The Power of crave can overwhelm the strenght of pride.

Posts: 94 | From: Irutula | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Paul Arrakeen

Member # 319

posted 08-14-2002 11:35 PM     Profile for Paul Arrakeen   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Arrakeen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Jedi shook his head, staring out the window.

"Soon, Jakob...we will meet again soon..." he quietly spoke to himself. Paul thought about his apprentice, wondering how deep his plans go for the galaxy.

I should have returned to Kati' Shyn. Its been nearly 10 years...who knows what Jakob could have been doing in that time.

Paul sighed. He sat on the floor and started to meditate...

The answers will come.

--------------------

"I'm tired of talking, Fuchs. I just want to go up to my shack and get drunk." -The Thing

Posts: 60 | From: The Pit of Eternal Despair | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e