my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » On a Wing and a Prayer (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Printable Version
Author Topic: On a Wing and a Prayer
Taylor Garrison

Member # 556

posted 10-16-2004 03:41 AM     Profile for Taylor Garrison   Author's Homepage   Email Taylor Garrison     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Continues from Tigers Walk by Night in the same forum.)))

Knowing the Hornett was now safely protected within the throes of hyperspace, Commander Taylor Garrison turned to an officer on deck.

"See to it that the person within the recovered escape pod is cared for...

...and analyzed not only physically but mentally. I have my concerns as to his mental stability, if the traveller in the pod is the person we have come to believe.

Jedi Petrolu?"

Shawn stepped forward, hands folded within the sleeves of his blue robes.

"Would you oversee the opening of the Pod, and the evaluation of Kenobi if it is him within the Pod? After all, my workers said they believed he may have used Force powers against them...

...your expertise will be greatly needed."

The Jedi nodded once, and without a word departed, no doubt knowing precisely where to head. Taylor pursed his lips, gazing into the starlines of hyperspace...

...and wondered just how much more of this maddness the workers on the Hornett and of Eagle Enterprises could take...

...and just how much longer it would be until Minna Manth reported. Time was, after all, still slowly ticking even with Shawn's ministrations to the infected Captain...

[ 10-16-2004 03:43 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Taylor Garrison ]

Posts: 57 | From: On the Hornett... | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-16-2004 04:14 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Once the escape pod was opened and Kenobi was removed, it took little time for both his physical status and mental status to be evaluated. In only a couple of short hours, Shawn Petrolu found himself sitting in front of Taylor Garrison within his plush office, filling the young commander in.

"Kenobi has, unfortunately, suffered tramatic physical and mental injuries. I am concerned for the safety of your crew while he remains on board...

...as well as for his own safety. My reccomendation is for him to be taken to an institution where he can receive the proper help, and be in a safer environment."

Garrison nodded, but said nothing, as if sensing there was perhaps more Shawn wanted to say.

Good observer, Shawn couldn't help but think to himself.

"There is something else I'd like to address, now that some of our concerns have momentarily died down. I had, after all, some concerns of my own when I chose to come to the Hornett. You may not be able to answer all of my questions...

...but any help you can offer til Captain Barnes is healthy would be greatly appreciated. You see, I have only recently discovered that my sister, Shayla Stargazer Petrolu, and her husband Erik Kartan sold Stargazer Corporation to your boss. This move troubles me...

...it is highly unlike my sister, and her husband. They have since fallen out of the known world, and I have no leads as to their current whereabouts other than this. Barnes was going to speak with me further once I arrived here, but at the moment this is obviously impossible. Perhaps you know something of this exchange between Barnes, my sister, and her husband...

...or you could lead me to the whereabouts of someone who does."

At this Shawn paused, dreading what the response to his next question would be, somehow already knowing it. "Have you any knowledge of what has happened to Captain Danner, Galen Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, or Matt Stanza?"

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Taylor Garrison

Member # 556

posted 10-16-2004 02:58 PM     Profile for Taylor Garrison   Author's Homepage   Email Taylor Garrison     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a long moment, Taylor just sat in silence, stunned that the Jedi was not aware of the Captain's untimely death. After all, the Commander, though not involved directly with any of the major events dealing with the Captain and his wife for over a year, was well aware that Shawn Petrolu had been closely involved.

"Have you not heard?" Taylor finally managed, his voice quiet and filled with obvious surprise. "Captain Danner was killed over a year ago--

--by some strange Sith beast, as I understand it. Eagle Enterprises hasn't been the same since his death, and never will be. After all, even though he had become highly involved with matters concerning his wife, the Captain still managed to hold this company together merely by his name. There was just more respect then..."

Taylor trailed, giving the Jedi a moment to take the news in. The look in his greeny-blue eyes was clearly shocked and troubled. "Galen and the others?" the Jedi finally queried, his eyes then redirected to Taylor, the look in them clearly reading that he expected much the same news about the people he was now asking about.

"They are alive," Taylor answered immediately, "Or at least they were the last we were all aware," he then clarified. "As I understand it she had gone off from here on her own. Everyone believed this was to perhaps retrieve some sort of Sith ship so that she could go after her daughter, who she thought was on Coruscant at the time, I believe. Lancaster and Stanza..."

He paused even as the Jedi sat forward, something unreadable flashing in his eyes, "...went after her," Taylor finished.

[ 10-16-2004 02:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Taylor Garrison ]

Posts: 57 | From: On the Hornett... | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-18-2004 03:27 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"You're certain that Galen Danner and her daughter are alive?" Shawn queried, the look in his eyes unreadable.

Taylor nodded. "Or at least, they were the last we knew," Taylor reiterated.

Shawn sat back then, nodding as his eyes turned vague, and something akin to sorrow flitted across his features. "I had no idea that Terrin..."

He paused, his look darkening further. "...that he had been killed," he then finished, his eyes remaining distant. For a moment then, Shawn said not a word...

...then his eyes snapped suddenly alert. "If JhinDarra--Galen's little girl--is alive, then she is out there somewhere, possibly unprotected. If Galen went to the Sith worlds for a ship, and neither she nor Terrin's two friends have returned...

...something just isn't right. I have a bad feeling about all this..."

[ 10-18-2004 03:28 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Taylor Garrison

Member # 556

posted 10-25-2004 02:13 AM     Profile for Taylor Garrison   Author's Homepage   Email Taylor Garrison     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Taylor pursed his lips and nodded, once. "I agree, it doesn't sound good...

...and if the Captain--that is, Captain Danner --were alive and knew about this something would have already been done about it. Hell--he probably would have been with them to begin with. As it is, I'm fairly certain Captain Barnes was hoping to speak with you and take some action regarding Galen, Jasyn, and Matt's disappearances."

At this Taylor quieted a moment, then sat forward in his chair, resting his elbows on his desk. His eyes were intent upon the Jedi. "Captain Barnes is stabalized," he then said, "If you feel it is time for you to move on and continue searching after your sister and her husband, then I would by all means undesrstand. I'd just have to ask you to also consider looking for Galen Danner and our two missing employees as well..."

Dashawn E'bnnwing

Member # 548

posted 10-26-2004 06:27 AM     Profile for Dashawn E'bnnwing   Author's Homepage   Email Dashawn E'bnnwing     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It seemed as though little time had passed since the disappearance of the Jedi to Dashawn, however, it was hours. Yet, when continiously repeating the same actions it was the closest thing that one would a troubled mind could use for meditation. Time passed fast when there was silence and ther ewas much in the janitor hall, though numerous janitors occupied the Hornett.

However, since his first day as an employeer he seemed very different than the other janitors. They seemed rural, uncaring and more focused on getting off work than actually getting the work done. That mentality would've never been accepted in the day and age of Dashawn's existence, or atleast not in the fields that he was employeed.

The acts of a stormtrooper were clearly different than that of a janitor. However, they didn't seem as distant away from each other when one was levitating a lightsaber, or maybe it was just the levitation that was phasing his comparsion.

It was something, something was wrong. Even though he had in the sudden arrival to the present time mastered many arts of the Force user, he could barley focus like a Jedi would. The usuage of his mind numerously went out of wack when trying to be precise about focusing.

Maybe it was the Jedi he had met, or one of his numerous superiors. It was hard to tell, but what was clear was that the lightsaber was levitating anymore.

--------------------

"Abo are sooo...ugly!"-Dashawn

Posts: 31 | From: Unknown | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 24.10.39.177
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 11-14-2004 03:18 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I feel it is necessary that I should look for Galen and the others," Shawn started, "As well as my sister and her husband. All these disappearances lead me to believe something is very wrong, as I have already stated...

...but I don't want to simply jump into this."

Pausing then, he merely let his greeny-blue eyes rest on Taylor, who was truthfully looking somewhat uneasy. "I came here to speak with Captain Barnes, and I feel it would be unwise to leave here without doing just that. If something is going on in connection with all of these disappearances, I'm going to need his help as well as the help of perhaps both Eagle Enterprises and Stargazer Coorporation."

Pausing once more, Shawn pursed his lips, his look turning momentarily vague and thoughtful. Then he redirected his gaze to the Commander. "I may even need the help of others whom I may not be aware of just yet."

At this, Taylor merely crooked a puzzled brow as if to say What do you mean by that?

Shawn answered the unvoiced question. "The Force is giving me a premonition that there may be someone...or even more than just one...who may help us yet. I don't know who that may be, or if they are on this ship now...

...but I do know of at least one entity on this ship who appears to have Force abilities. I must now follow up on at least that."

Even as he said this the Jedi stood, his hands folded in the sleeves of his robes, and his look utterly serene. "I will be back in touch with you shortly, Commander. But I need to check out that employee of yours...the one who appears to have some Force abilities."

Taylor nodded at this. "Very well," he then said, "I will be waiting for your reports on that."

Shawn gave Taylor a respectful nod, then turning and departing the Commander's office altogether and heading for the dining hall where he had told the Force-using employee to meet him. And even as he did so, Shawn had to acknowledge the Force's continual prompting that he should yet be waiting...

...and knowing this, he had to wonder if there might yet be more allies he could call upon to aid him in his newly-developing quest...

[ 11-14-2004 03:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Dashawn E'bnnwing

Member # 548

posted 11-14-2004 07:04 PM     Profile for Dashawn E'bnnwing   Author's Homepage   Email Dashawn E'bnnwing     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dashawn had become all the more troubled by his thoughts as the time passed. It was hard to accustome to his new found abilities that intertwined themselves with the Force, but even harder to truly understand. Voyages into the future, senses that stretched out for miles and at times the ability to levitate objects. He knew there would be a need for guidance in these seemingly uncontrollable powers and that might be the Jedi who he had encountered.

So, he stood in the dining hall, slashing about his lightsaber gracefully at the air, hearing the sparking sound of the antique lightsaber. The fact of the matter was that he would also need to learn how to make the mystical sticks of glow. He had managed to haggle the item back in his merceneary days from a fallen warrior, who had given up on his violent way. Now it was become all the more comfortable to use and useless.

There were many things riding on this Shawn the Jedi and as the premonition continued he could feel the sound of the mans feet beating along the halls to the room. The man was coming...the change was coming.

--------------------

Rathal

Member # 220

posted 11-23-2004 04:19 AM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jonovar Rathal had worked in as an engineer aboard the Hornett for a full year. He had a good salary, as steady job, and free board. In short he had everything he had ever thought he would want. Then about a week ago he had caught sight of an advertisement for a new class of corvette that had recently been developed and was due to be released on the market soon. Rathal had been in love with the ship from the moment he saw the advertisement. The vessel was far out of his financial means however, indeed saving enough money for it would entail years of hard work and moderation. Rathal didn’t have the patience for that kind of thing. Not only that but, As much he hated to say it, he kind of missed the adventure of the old days. Well, maybe not on the same scale as in the old days, but he did want something that would break the monotonous routine his life had fallen into. He decided he would pay a visit to the man currently in charge of the Hornett, Taylor Garrison. Rathal had never formally met Taylor but he had seen him around the ship and he knew well enough that this was not a man to be trifled with. So, in a displaying an uncharacteristic regard for etiquette and social protocol, Rathal left a message with one of Taylor’s assistants. The message essentially stated that Rathal had noticed the absence of many of EE’s administrators and had wondered if there was some way he could be of service in what was obviously a time of need. Rathal had prudently decided that the question of a bonus could be brought up at a later date. Perhaps when he had earned a bit of recognition for performing some extra task or another he would be in a better position to discuss a possible increase in his salary or something of that nature. Surely there was something of importance that needed to be done. There always was. Having sent the message, Rathal continued performing the humdrum menial repair tasks that occupied his work hours, eagerly awaiting a response from his employer.

--------------------

My Characters: Rathal, Narcolm, Freedon Naad

"You'll never see the end of the road while your traveling with me."

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.174.6.216
Taylor Garrison

Member # 556

posted 11-26-2004 04:18 PM     Profile for Taylor Garrison   Author's Homepage   Email Taylor Garrison     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Taylor Garrison sat in his office, finishing up some work and waiting for Shawn to report to him, a tone indicating that someone was outside his office and waiting for admittance broke his silent work conditions. He frowned, unable to escape wondering just what was going wrong on the Hornett now. Still, he punched his comm-switch, inquiring who was waiting. One of his assitants identified themselves, and Taylor pushed another switch which in turn caused his office doors to whoosh open. The assitant immediately entered and gave him Jovonar Rathal's message.

Taylor sat back in his chair at this, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Interesting. I wonder just what prompted this rather generous offer. There's obviously more to this...I wonder what this guy really wants.

"Send a message from me to this Rathal," Taylor then said, looking to his assitant. "I want him to report to my office... immediately. Any delay may result in termination...

...I don't care for those who pry in the personal matters of EE's administration...it makes them look entirely suspicious...

...but strike these final comments from my message. I just want him in my office, and now. You are otherwise dismissed."

Quieting at this, Taylor watched as his assitant then nodded and departed his office to perform the duty of sending the Commander's message. Returning to his work then, Taylor awaited Rathal's arrival at his office...

...and once more pondered just what this employee was truly after.

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 11-26-2004 11:24 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Once he had reached the Green Level, Shawn immediately headed for his destination: the Dining Hall. Even as he approached, he couldn't help but frown as he heard the unmistakable sound of a lightsaber being slashed back and forth in the air. But all traces of emotion quickly vanished from Shawn's face as he finally entered the dining hall, his hands clasped in front of him, hidden by the sleeves of his blue Jedi robe. Upon entering he stopped, his greeny-blue eyes assessing the young man who now turned to him in seeming anticipation.

A moment passed in silence, then, "So tell me, my new friend...what brings one such as yourself to the Hornett?"

Leaving this as his only question thusfar, Shawn quieted and awaited the other man's answer, keenly interested in not only the answer, but as to how much the young man would reveal...

--------------------

Rathal

Member # 220

posted 12-01-2004 12:29 AM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rathal was bent over an open control panel, his brow furrowed with consternation as he tried to the cooling system. He squinted through a pair of vision augmenting lenses that he used to see into the dark labyrinth of wires he was hunched over. Then he reached forward tentatively with a pair of pliers and gently removed the broken-down, old coolant pump. Placing the defunct mechanism to the side he reached down beside him and picked up a new pump and inserted it in the appropriate place. He joined the appropriate wires to it and fed the coolant carrying tubes into the appropriate holes. He flipped on the power to the unit and was satisfied when it thrummed to life, pumping the coolant throughout the control panel and keeping the delicate electronics within at an optimal temperature. He smiled to himself and began to pack up his tools. He stooped down once more and gingerly picked up the broken pump, careful not to spill any of the coolant remaining in it on his jumpsuit. Then he heard approaching footsteps behind him, “Jonovar Rathal,” said a stern voice behind him. Rathal leapt to his feet and whirled around, spilling cooling fluid down the front of his uniform in the process. He opened his mouth to curse when he recognized the superior officer who was addressing him. He bit off partially formed swear word and said instead, “Yes sir?”
“Mr. Garrison wants you in his office immediately,” Replied the officer.
Rathal’s eyes widened. That meant Taylor had gotten his message. Rathal brightened significantly, “Yes sir, I’ll just change and-”
“Immediately,” the officer interrupted, “as in right now.”
Rathal’s good humor was instantly transmuted into a nagging fear. Have I upset Taylor somehow? Rathal wondered. Surely, if he were pleased to get my message he would not have been so stern…
Rathal sighed. He had had a good run with EE anyway, if he was fired then he was fired and that was that. So Rathal resolutely made his way to the office of Taylor Garrison, ignoring the uncomfortably cool fluid spilled across his chest. When he arrived he entered immediately, not waiting for an invitation. After all the man couldn’t give him time to change so Rathal certainly didn’t care if he arrived at a convenient time. He probably was going to get fired anyway.
“You wanted to see me, sire?” Rathal asked upon entering the office and seating himself at Taylor Garrison’s desk, facing his employer.

--------------------

Taylor Garrison

Member # 556

posted 12-02-2004 09:30 PM     Profile for Taylor Garrison   Author's Homepage   Email Taylor Garrison     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Taylor folded his arms and leaned back in his desk chair, quietly assessing Rathal before replying to his query.

"The offer you sent me was most generous," he opened up with. "But I wonder...

...why would you offer such a thing, unless there is something else you are seeking? After all, few employees would be so bold as to even mention the affairs of our administrators."

Rathal

Member # 220

posted 12-02-2004 09:41 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rathal weighed his options; he could lie and come up with some weak reason for his concern, or he could tell the truth. True the latter course of action was utterly tactless, risked offending Taylor and could potentially cost Rathal his job. But Rathal had never been a very tactful individual so he decided to go ahead and tell the truth anyway.

"To be completely honest I was hoping that if I performed some special service for EE then I might perhaps earn a bonus." Rathal said, "Its not as if I havn't proved myself to be an asset to this company's administrators in the past."

--------------------

Taylor Garrison

Member # 556

posted 12-02-2004 09:47 PM     Profile for Taylor Garrison   Author's Homepage   Email Taylor Garrison     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Taylor raised an eyebrow. "An asset?" he repeated. "Really?"

Pausing for a moment at that, he let this query hang in mid-air. He didn't have a clue in Kessel who this Rathal was, or who hired him. But just maybe they had made a mistake. He didn't speak a word of his thoughts out loud, however. "How is it that you have proven yourself an asset to EE's adminstration before?"

Rathal

Member # 220

posted 12-02-2004 09:58 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well," responded Rathal more than a little bit indignant, "for one I provided Mr. Barnes with information regarding the location of his partner's wife when she was captured by a bounty hunter by the name of Sorben Tarnus."

[ 12-02-2004 10:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rathal ]

--------------------

Dashawn E'bnnwing

Member # 548

posted 12-03-2004 09:56 PM     Profile for Dashawn E'bnnwing   Author's Homepage   Email Dashawn E'bnnwing     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dashawn's eyes slowly trailed off in thought for a moment as the questioned was dropped. An awkward silence seem to set in afterwards as he began to try and built in some sort of wall of defense, something to come up with and mislead.

In the end, as his eyes finally stopped in a dull stare ahead at Shawn, he knew there was only one way around it. Giving a half-way truth...

"Pretty much tryin' to get myself outta trouble and get a few credits along the way," Dashawn said, but quickly adding, "And you?"

--------------------

Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 12-09-2004 03:57 PM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Minna and Nefrai enter from Tigers Walk by Night in the "Empire" forums, thank you.))

The little light assault cruiser popped out of hyperspace like a seed spit out from its pod.

"Hornett, this is Heaven's Forbiddance," Minna Manth called out even as the hulking bulk of that mighty super star destroyer burst into view above her ship.

"Requesting permission to dock, and docking coordinates. I'd appreciate if if you'd tell Mr. Garrison I've arrived...

"With my companion."

[ 12-09-2004 03:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

--------------------

The spy who loves you....

Posts: 108 | From: Drev'starn, Bothawui | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196
Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 12-09-2004 09:17 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Nefrai Kesh heard her call, and knew a point was comming. What would come, would decide what his existence was truely made of. I can only hope it is a positive one.

He searched about the closet, and came up with nothing he could use to minimize the effect of his presence. Finding none, he focused upon his cape, and smiled as it began to change slightly, lengthening to come up over his head and shadow himself and his face.

"I am comming." He replied, moving out to meet her in the cockpit. "I am ready, but I have taken a precaution to shield myself from their gaze..."

--------------------

"I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares." ~The Inquisition

Posts: 134 | From: | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-09-2004 11:36 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
On the main deck of the Hornett, Minna Manth's message was clearly received and immediately replied to.

Forbiddance, you have permission to dock in docking area M1138. However, the Commander only notified us of your return, so your companion's arrival onboard the Hornett will have to be cleared, for security precautions. Please sumbit the identity of your travelling companion via datalink.

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 12-09-2004 11:42 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I'm here helping some friends," Shawn replied simply, his hands never leaving his Jedi robes as he continued to regard Deshawn. "I'm wondering...what sort of trouble is it you are wishing to avoid...

...and where is it that you learned to weild a lightsaber, let alone how you actually acquired one?"

--------------------

Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 12-12-2004 06:05 PM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Minna didn't make any move toward the assigned docking coordinates, but instead frowned at the reply she had received.

What's with that? she wondered to herself with a scowl of annoyance.

It's not like I'm trying to sneak anyone aboard; isn't the fact that I did state I had another one with me enough? I mean, I trust him, don't I?

Hearing a slight noise behind her, she pulled away from the comm altogether and turned around. Nefrai Kesh stood in the hatchway leading into the cockpit.

"I have a feeling they don't trust too many people, do they," she commented softly.

Yet they trusted me enough to go find their antidote....

Nefrai seemed to nod; she turned back to the comm and leaned into it.

"My companion is Nefrai Kesh, and he was... very much instrumental in my procuring the- the antidote you charged me to find."

She shot a look of the "what the hey" variety Nefrai's way, shrugged her shoulders, and waited outside the huge star destroyer for a reply.

[ 12-12-2004 06:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

--------------------

The spy who loves you....

Posts: 108 | From: Drev'starn, Bothawui | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.116.196
Dashawn E'bnnwing

Member # 548

posted 12-12-2004 07:28 PM     Profile for Dashawn E'bnnwing   Author's Homepage   Email Dashawn E'bnnwing     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dashawn frowned at the response. Sliding his hands into his pockets, he glanced about the room, thinking once more. There was clear problem coming about with all these questions and there had to be some way of getting out of it quickly. Scrutiny had always been a problem for him, in and out of the work field, ever since he had joined the Imperial Army.

Those days had seemed like yesterday, but in real time they were beyond centuries. Even he hadn't manage to exactly grasp how long it had been, even though there was a clear understanding from the whole galaxy that it wasn't something anyone wanted to feel again.

That was something that he couldn't understand.
How could the Empire do wrong?

"Its a long story," he finally said, looking into the eyes of Shawn with a smile on his face. "I'll have to talk to you about it later, eh?"

[ 12-12-2004 07:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dashawn E'bnnwing ]

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-12-2004 10:17 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The officer on deck immediately commed the Commander's personal commlink, oblivious as to the meaning behind Kesh's name and merely performing his assigned duty.

Commander Garrison, Minna Manth has returned stating that she has found the antidote, but has also announced that she now has a travelling companion by the name of Nefrai Kesh. I am clearing his boarding the Hornett with you first, sir. Manth is awaiting my reply.

Across the lines of communication, Taylor Garrison almost immediately recieved the a blink on his communit indicating the deck officer's urgent communication.

"One moment," he then said to Rathal, who was waiting anxiously for his reply. Then he turned to the comm unit, choosing to replay the deck officer's communication in written format. When Kesh's name was mentioned as Manth's travelling companion, however, Taylor's jaw nearly fell to the floor. He immediately switched to an open comm channel and dialed in Shawn Petrolu's frequency, then sending a written message of his own.

Jedi Petrolu, I need you. Kesh is back, and has appearently somehow "joined" with the hunter who has been looking for Aaron's antidote. I can't have him onboard this ship wrecking havoc and murdering once more, but I find it strange he would allow Manth to give his name to us. What do you make of all this?

Finishing up this message and then sending it, Taylor returned his gaze to Rathal, who was still waiting. "Allright, you've proven yourself useful in the past, or so you say. But how am I to believe a word of this, since Captain Barnes is currently unavailable to confirm your claims?"

[ 12-12-2004 10:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 12-12-2004 11:18 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn was keenly aware that the young man was avoiding answering questions. "Perhaps you should take the time to share your story with me now...

...that is, if you wish to continue working on the Hornett. I have a feeling Commander Garrison will not be comfortable with you trying to stay 'out of trouble' on this ship."

As these final words passed between the two men, a button on Shawn's wristcomm began to blink urgently, indicating a text message.

"I must attend to this," he then stated to Deshawn, knowing that few had his frequency, and likewise aware that this could be something important. He punched the receive button, and Taylor's message scrolled across the commlink's little screen. Shawn pursed his lips thoughtfully as he finished reading the message, and instinctively stretched out with the Force as his mind considered the things which had just been revealed to him.

So Kesh was back, and with the one who had been looking for Aaron's antidote? Had he been correct in his first evaluation of Kesh...that there was more to him than outerward appearances portrayed?

Remaining in quiet thought for a few moments then, Shawn let the Force guide his thoughts. They were taken a place he hadn't quite expected...

...but Shawn got the message nonetheless. Quickly, he typed a reply to Taylor's message.

You must trust me on what I am about to suggest, for the Force is leading me a direction I had not totally forseen until now. You must allow Kesh to return to the Hornett. He has been marked an evil and vile creature...but I believe there is more to him, and I also believe he may be of assistance to us, and perhaps in more than one way. The Force has brought him back here for a reason, and I feel we need to explore it. Again, please trust me on this. I will go to the main docking bay where the ship is landing, and see that his arrival proceeds smoothly...

...that is, if you are taking my suggestion.

Sending the message, Shawn looked to Deshawn. "You have been saved by the bell...at least, for the moment. We will speak further, but for now I must make my way to the main docking bay."

Saying nothing further than this, Shawn turned smoothly, his jedi robes flowing behind him, and departed the dining hall, a small portion of his senses still trained on the young man he left behind, seeing how he would respond now.

[ 12-12-2004 11:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05