my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » On a Wing and a Prayer (Page 9)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Printable Version
Author Topic: On a Wing and a Prayer
Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 05-26-2005 09:40 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post

Nefrai Kesh ceased his stolling and looked a cronometer, and smiled faintly. "About time." He commented, then went to Minna's room and knocked at the door.
Strange, no response?

--------------------

"I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares." ~The Inquisition

Posts: 134 | From: | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.69.105
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 05-26-2005 10:06 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron spent the majority of the early morning hours compiling the requested datachip for the departing team, basing most of his answers on the questions which the Major had posed.

The Sith are a race of beings which existed four thousand years ago. They were destroyed by the Dark Jedi-who we usually call Sith-but not before they were able to use their magicks to ensure their return. I am uninformed as to the ins and outs of this magick and how this is possible...all I know is that, through the information my former business partner let me be privy to knowing, they do exist, and have come from the past and into our time. The amount of time Galen, Jasyn, and Matt have been missing has been extensive-possibly around a year or more. I know this number would lead one to believe they are all dead, but I simply can’t just assume that. For one, these people are all very qualified. Galen is an excellent pilot; Jasyn a technician, and Matt a quiet strategist. Aside from that, they have been in experiences with the Sith before, and have come against some incredible odds. While there is a possibility they have been killed...there is also every possibility they are hunkering down somewhere. It wouldn’t be the first time, it is just the longest span of time before I’ve heard from them, in hiding or not. When she last departed from the Hornett, Galen was flying The Eagle, my partner’s highly modified lambda-class shuttle. If this ship still exists, and the signal hasn’t been discovered, we may be able to track her. I will look into this, and inform you of the results before your arrival at K’eel Doba. Jasyn and Matt were flying in Matt’s highly modified lambda-class shuttle The Raptor. She has a tracking system like the Eagle’s. Support from the Hornett will be minimal to none; however, you can contact me at the frequency Jedi Petrolu and Ms. Manth have. I expect that you all work as a team: anything relating to Ms. Manth’s ship should remain her domain to determine. Otherwise I expect that Jedi Petrolu be given lead; he has the most experience both with these missing people and with the Sith. Nefrai and Major Cyprios, I am relying on you for your combat abilities. If you need any further information, contact me.

Sealing off the datachip and getting up, Aaron prepared to leave for the docking area...

...and froze as Minna Manth’s disturbing comm came through.

Suddenly very disturbed...if not for the simple fact that Minna had the Khar Delban coordinates than perhaps because of something else, Aaron keyed in the frequency for the main docking bay. “Until further notice from me and absolutely no one else, not one ship is to be given clearance to depart from any of the docking areas.”

Saying nothing further than this, Aaron departed his quarters and hurried to the docking area, knowing Shawn and Major Cyprios were bound to be there already despite the fact it was only 0530. Dat would be collecting his equipment.

Aaron rounded the corner, stopped right near Shawn, who appeared to be waiting for something from the Major, and broke in with, “Minna Manth has backed out again and has gone to her ship, and I don’t think it’s because she’s disturbed by the Major’s presence,” he opened with. “She knows the coordinates for Khar Delba...

...and there aren’t too many people who would know that.”

He quieted at that, his concern only heightening.

After all, who else in the galaxy knew exactly where the Khar Delban system was...?

[ 05-26-2005 10:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Dat Cyprios

Member # 634

posted 05-27-2005 04:42 PM     Profile for Dat Cyprios   Author's Homepage   Email Dat Cyprios     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dat was just nodding and preparing to reply when Captain Barnes entered, bearing his ill news. He eyes the space doors, wide-open for flight operations, then the nearest computer terminal. He reins himself in with effort, choosing to not interfere at the moment. Instead, he turns back to the Jedi and the Captain. "This could... present a problem. Still, regardless of the... reluctance of other team members, I still have a mission to prepare for... Personal feelings have no bearing on the matter at hand. Or, at least, they shouldn't."

He shrugs and begins to move toward his fighter and its cargo pods. Once he arrives, he immediately notices that the damage to the pods looks... unnatural. He files this bit of information away for the moment, then begins to gather the things he needs. As Shawn arrives, Dat removes the power cells from his heavy blasters and gives them to the Jedi, doing the same with his Force pike as he reassembles it. After weapons, he tugs out a comprehensive field medical kit and other essentials. Finally, he retrieves the pieces of his uniform and armor, readying them for wear. Everything seems to be in place... Except for his helmet. He digs through the rest of the contents before turning to Shawn. "Things are missing..."

--------------------

...Everybody makes one another's terrible mistakes. Witches can be right, Giants can be good. You decide what's right, you decide what's good... --S. Sondheim, Into the Woods

Posts: 66 | From: Coruscant, but not the one you know... | Registered: Apr 2005  |  Logged: 216.37.75.114
Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 05-27-2005 05:04 PM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post

Minna sighed, glancing at the chrono, impatiently ticking off the minutes before her scheduled departure.

They ought to be outside the ship, or at least nearby by now, she thought to herself, actually surprised that Barnes hadn't contacted her with yet another protest or entreaty.

She shrugged; curious then, she switched on the viewscreens, and set the hull's video cameras into a panoramic sweep of the hanger bay.

Yup, she thought to herself.

There they are. Hmmm... maybe Barnes didn't get my message? Maybe they are all still thinking they're coming aboard--

Wait.

A small frown wrinkled her features as she leaned forward to peruse the screens more carefully.

That's that TIE they're all heading toward; surely they know that the thing can't hardly carry a pilot, much less any passengers....

Another thought froze that speculation into ice; with an involuntary gasp she scrabbled at her utility pouch, digging.

She closed her eyes in relief as her fingers clasped around the tiny data chip. Drawing it out, she gave it a thoughtful look; then cut her glance about herself as if seeking something.

Every inborn instinct was crying out to her that, inexplicably, danger was imminent.

Nothing satisfactory met her sweeping gaze. She brought the chip up to her face, stared at it thoughtfully.

Then sighed, quickly brought it to her lips, and swallowed it.

Then, less than fifteen minutes from her scheduled departure, she gave in to that insistant scream within. The wide-open docking bay doors were too much to bear; quickly keying in an emergency sequence, she let out a small yelp and slammed her palm down upon the "enable" switch.

Heaven's Forbiddance rose easily to the occasion. Her thrusters flared, fired, and sent her shooting from Hornett like a podracer from the gate.

She had scarcely cleared the bay doors when she suddenly swooped down along the z-axis at a full 90-degrees to her departure vector, hugging the ship's immense hull like a gnat.

Interminable moments crawled by before the blur of metal and durasteel and glass at last gave way to the blessed blackness of space.

The ship pulled perhaps a couple hundred klicks or so from the huge SSD then disappeared altogether as the emergency escape vector Minna had keyed in ripped open the doorway into hyperspace, and sent the little cruiser flying on its way.

[ 05-27-2005 06:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

--------------------

The spy who loves you....

Posts: 108 | From: Drev'starn, Bothawui | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Dat Cyprios

Member # 634

posted 05-27-2005 06:00 PM     Profile for Dat Cyprios   Author's Homepage   Email Dat Cyprios     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The nearly imperceptible thrum of a craft's engines reaches Dat's ears, driving him to immediate action. He sets off across the hangar at a breakneck pace, jostling the nearest panel's operator away a bit roughly in his haste. His hands fly over the console as he accesses the ship's local subprocessor and checks it. Excellent, he thinks. Standard KDY equipment... He enters a series of access codes known to a precious few within the Empire and triggers an anti-intruder program buried deep inside the core software of the subprocessor. The space doors immediately begin to close, but their lumbering mechanisms are inadequate; Heaven's Forbiddance zips through and into the freedom of space, buffeting those in the hangar with its violent wake. Dat clings to the console with one hand, slamming the other down in frustration. His last glimpse of the ship is a wild maneuver that drives it insanely close to the hull, even as his aperture of view narrows and closes completely, leaving the hangar in shocked silence.

[ 05-27-2005 06:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dat Cyprios ]

--------------------

...Everybody makes one another's terrible mistakes. Witches can be right, Giants can be good. You decide what's right, you decide what's good... --S. Sondheim, Into the Woods

Posts: 66 | From: Coruscant, but not the one you know... | Registered: Apr 2005  |  Logged: 216.37.75.114
Dashawn E'bnnwing

Member # 548

posted 05-27-2005 10:12 PM     Profile for Dashawn E'bnnwing   Author's Homepage   Email Dashawn E'bnnwing     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Confusion

The word circulated around the young Dashawn's mind as he watched the security pile into the room and carry him out. There was a misunderstanding in the depths of his mind and though the interaction with "Shawn", or at least who had presumed to be, lead to such things as drinking as the conclusion it certainly became clear as he stepped out into the light that it wasn't. Alcohol had been a foregin venom to the young man's system for what had seem to be decades and any reunion wouldn't be long lived nor felt.

Turning about his head, almost mechanically, he gazed into the eyes of the security guard. A distinct mixture of white shined into his eyes from the hallway's high beaming ceiling. The illuminated wlakway left him in a dangerous state of momentary blindness. All there was before him was a large void that expanded for infinities of time, leaving only room for a zooming hault of his senses.

Something was wrong with him and only he knew it, for his face, his body, nothing noted for even the simpliest of changes in his body chemical. Then in an abrupt push from the unseen he fell, dropping to the floor from the gravity of the situation. There was something that had left him sick.

Maybe it was the janitor working finally getting to him and the chemicals that he used to whipe the floors up. Whatever it was it had left him motionless on the floor, shallow in his breathe.

His eyes lay shut, much like his body, limp and filled with weight. Only force could move him now, and from the look of his being it certainly wasn't going to be his own.

--------------------

"Abo are sooo...ugly!"-Dashawn

Posts: 31 | From: Unknown | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 24.23.0.166
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 05-27-2005 10:28 PM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jamel let the comm. unit rest into his hands as the words from the men leapt from across the galaxy into his lobes. The very thought of not finding this man after his small search left his soul in a wept. Even as his face stayed stern and confirming, his insides were ready to combust and tear into pieces. The small adventures was becoming harder and harder to catch any sort of "desired" conclusion. Running his hands deep into his pockets, he let his eyes wander, momentarily fixating upon some of the others about the streets.

They were all so different and so the same. Their motions varied from sluggish for those very few large, seemingly dumb type of aliens and fast for those that held eyes with content. Dug crawled themselves about, their slow motions held in contrast to their devilish facial features and bodily shaping. Meanwhile varies Bothans sly and coy motioned about, their hands roaming into the envelopes of their pockets. It was truly a scene of differed natures, however every single grouping held an intent, a meaning...a reason. The young human boy let his eyes drift off once more, fixing upon a more stationary, almost meaningless figure.

"Damn comm. unit."

The boy cursed at it, glaring at it as it gawked back in near confusion and anger. Nearly crushing it under the pressure of his grasp, Jamel beckoned the frequency that he had previously done before. His voice raised with intensity, yet the difference was now that his tone was calm and even more curteous. Anything and every account in life was being taken into nature, swagger and style in his oral. This impression was key, hopefully...

"Who are ya' superiors? You told me to talk to someone "higher" in your organization...who would that be and how can I reach 'em?"

--------------------

"The Castle in the Sky.."-Jamel Garth

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 24.23.0.166
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 05-27-2005 10:30 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron's mind was reeling.

You didn't close the hangar bay doors, dammit, a little voice in his head scoffed. Terrin would have NEVER been that careless. Hell, he wouldn't have been so careless as to have a spy aboard his ship either. And NOW you have an oldtime Imperial who is working part of your ship...

Aaron jerked to look at Dat, who was showing an uncharacteristic amount of reaction to the situation, especially considering he had tried to bring the hangar bay doors to a close before Manth escaped.

"Why are you so concerned about her departure?" Aaron couldn't help but blurt out. "I've gotta try to contact her...

"...and where the Hell is Kesh? Maybe he went with her, for all I know..."

Here he paused, motioning a guard over. "Go to the guest quarters of Nefrai Kesh, as well as those of Minna Manth. Find out if Kesh is at either place, and if so, request that he meet us here. Give him no further information for the time being."

The guard nodded, and went about his business to look for Kesh. Aaron returned his attention to Shawn and Dat. He hesitated, glancing at Dat. "We may need to go after her. And as for the mission...

...I don't know what will come of it. Manth's hunting expertise, as well as her ship, were key variables..."

He trailed, frowning, his eyes growing dark.

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 05-27-2005 10:35 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn's look darkened in tandem with Aaron's. Though he couldn't put a finger on the reasons for it, he was definitely picking up on emotions closely resembling concern. Maybe even fear.

And not just from Aaron.

Shawn cut his greeny-blue eyes to Dat. "You said some things were missing from your ship. What things?"

Even as he asked the question, he sensed Aaron tense, his apprehension clearly evident to the Jedi.

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Dat Cyprios

Member # 634

posted 05-27-2005 10:55 PM     Profile for Dat Cyprios   Author's Homepage   Email Dat Cyprios     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dat's reply to Aaron is simple, precise and professional. "Last I understood, Captain, you had denied all ships launch clearance. I was taking action to enforce those orders, as you are the senior officer present, and I am currently operating under your authority." His eyes harden as he continues, "...And Manth's leaving has left us in a disadvantageous position. Her skills would have been useful, and provided us with a greater probibility of success, and of all of us returning alive and unharmed."

"The final piece of my armor, my helmet..." He turns to Shawn as he speaks. "My belongings have been... rifled." He gestures to the claw-like markings, then shrugs, "This, of course, I expected. I didn't expect that anything would be... Stolen." He shakes his head and strides toward the fighter, hoisting himself up into the pilot's compartment.

A series of beeps come from inside the tiny fighter, then a string of profanities in a variety of tongues. Dat's body is a tense ball of apprehension, though his voice betrays nothing. His words, however...

"Someone has accessed this fighter's databanks. I suspected, but couldn't be sure... Until now." He pauses for a moment, then locks his gaze with Shawn's, pointedly leaving Aaron out of the equation for a moment. "Aboard this fighter was information that could change the balance of power in the galaxy. My mission was twofold: first, infiltrate the research station near Kessel to weed out enemy sympathizers; and second..." He steps closer to Shawn, moving as nonthreateningly as he can in his agitated state. When he speaks, his voice is a pained whisper.

"...To deliver the plans of the second Death Star to the facility to allow construction of another..."

"These data have been accessed. The person in question must have been skillful, as their tracks were mostly obliterated. Still, a few telltales were left behind. This information has been copied, Master Petrolu."

[ 05-27-2005 10:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dat Cyprios ]

--------------------

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 05-27-2005 11:16 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn turned to Aaron, his question blunt, any emotion in it totally undectable.

"What do you know about what Nefrai and Manth did when they came here to look over the Major's ship?"

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 05-27-2005 11:22 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron knew better than to lie to a Jedi. Shawn would see right through whatever he said.

"They told me of some interesting plans aboard the TIE, and suggested I do something about them...

...which I do intend to do."

He paused, an eerie feeling creeping at the corners of his mind. "Why, what is going on?"

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Dat Cyprios

Member # 634

posted 05-27-2005 11:34 PM     Profile for Dat Cyprios   Author's Homepage   Email Dat Cyprios     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dat's expression darkens as he turns toward Aaron. "And just what do you intend to do, Captain? Those... "interesting plans..." have no business in your hands, or anyone else's, for that matter. I've read your history, what I could find of it. That kind of force unleashed on the galaxy as it stands right now would result in a reign of chaos!" Frustration fills his voice, anger without hostility.

"Someone has those plans. Is it you, Captain? Or is it Manth, lost in some haze of racial memory?"

The question is entirely rhetorical; he believes that he already has the answer. He closes his eyes to summon control over himself. When he opens them again, his face is blank, controlled. "We have a situation, gentlemen." He pauses, remembering his position.

"Your orders, Captain?"

--------------------

Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 05-27-2005 11:51 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron shook his head, frustrated and feeling a failure. "I don't know," he answered. "My intentions were to have those files deleted. I can't imagine Manth copying them and selling them to someone who could in turn use them for ill...

...but then, she does have the spy and the hunter in her, so perhaps I estimate her incorrectly. Those files have to be retrieved...

...but there is no way to track Manth as of now. She's on her own ship, and with the suddeness of her departure, I doubt we have any records on her departure vector."

Aaron paused, pursing his lips. "I hesitate to delay this mission regarding my employees any longer, while I know these files have to be recovered and destroyed as soon as possible as well. Perhaps I shoul dsimply contact Manth regarding them..."

He trailed, an idea coming to mind. "...or I have an information smuggling agency at my disposal. Perhaps if I gave them the stats on her ship they could use their resources to find out where she lands, when she dos so..."

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 05-28-2005 12:21 AM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
{b]OOC: Oops! This is a SHAWN post, not an AARON post...)))[/b]

These were the times being a Jedi could prove to be very difficult for, although he might not show any outward evidences of struggle in making a choice, they were there nonetheless.

"I advise the data files be deleted immediately," he finally spoke up, pausing and pursing his lips before restating, suspecting something judging from Aaron's emotions, "Completely deleted. And as to using Stargazer Coorporation in order to possibly discern Manth's location...

...it's a possibility, but then she is a very good spy. She'll cover her tracks well. Perhaps, if you send her a comm, she'll at least consider the possible ramifications of having a copy of those plans. Might take her some time to receive the message, if she is in hyperspace...

...but I think it's worth a shot before anyone starts to hunt her down."

[ 05-28-2005 12:47 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 05-28-2005 12:25 AM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron nodded mutely, keying in the frequency for the Heaven's Forbiddance.

"Ms. Manth, it has come to my attention that you have possibly copied some files which we discussed last night. You as well as anyone know the nature and importance of those files...

...as well as what could happen should those files fall into the wrong hands. I advise you to delete these files at once..."

He paused, momentarily looking at Shawn and catching a brief flicker of something in his gaze, "...as am I. A reply to this request would be greatly appreciated. Barnes out."

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 05-28-2005 12:32 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn frowned at Aaron. "Make certain you delete those files. And make certain no one else has copied them," he said flatly. "A Death Star is deadly enough in the hands of a Force user, let alone anyone else. It's too risky to have the plans."

Pausing at this, the Jedi pursed his lips, his mind still struggling with the reality that this could possibly have a great impact on the lives of th entire galaxy. Once again, his sister, Erik, and the others might have to wait...

...as much as he absolutely hated it. He had to keep the bigger picture in mind, as Shayla would say...

"I'd suggest you get us a ship ready, in case we have to make extra efforts to see that those plans do not get into the wrong hands. And we might need a pilot..."

He trailed once more, looking at Dat. "...and then again, we might not..."

--------------------

Dat Cyprios

Member # 634

posted 05-28-2005 12:40 AM     Profile for Dat Cyprios   Author's Homepage   Email Dat Cyprios     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
On hearing the words, "...delete those files..." Dat once again hoists himself into the cramped cabin of the fighter. All it takes is a few touches of the interface to intentionally trigger the security program built into the fighter's code. Years of Imperial research and development are erased, random bits of data rewritten over the old data to wipe out all traces of the galaxy's most potent weapon. Dat sighs inwardly, firm in his conviction that this is necessary, though saddened by the loss of something so significant. He drops from the fighter, leaping gracefully to the deck.

"It's done," he says softly.

--------------------

Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 05-28-2005 01:02 AM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
5 -- 4 -- 3 -- 2--

A chime announcing the imminent reversion to realspace warbled through the bridge, yanking Minna from the short nap she had been trying to take. She jerked erect in her seat, yawning and stretching before tending to the ensuing drop from hyperspace.

Her hands danced about her console, keying in new coordinates, giving Forbiddance a trail to follow now that its diversionary tactic had been fulfilled.

But to her great consternation, the moment those starstreaks outside her viewports shrank back into pinpoints, her bridge came alive with the clamor of an incoming transmission. She frowned, keyed the comm to receive, and then sat in stunned silence as Barne's words filled the bridge with their tinny ring.

They know! she gasped.

I don't know how they do, but they know... good thing I took off when I did.

No time to pat herself on the back for her foresight, however. As Barne's plea ground to a halt she wasted no time, but busied herself with a reply, and in the preparation of its transmission from a communications buoy.

"Captain Barnes of the Hornett, this is Heaven's Forbiddance.

"Your suspicions are fruitless. Rest assured, there are no such plans aboard my ship.

"Thank you again for your hospitality.

"Heaven's Forbiddance, out."

Satisfied, she programmed the buoy for continuous repeat of the signal, then keyed in another series of hyperdriven flights to throw anyone off her trail. Finally keying in the coordinates to her true destination, she let the buoy drop from her ship's hold, then slipped away once more into the singular embrace of hyperspace.

((OOC: Follow Minna to... well, somewhere. We'll find out later; she's a spy, you know...!))

--------------------

The spy who loves you....

Posts: 108 | From: Drev'starn, Bothawui | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 67.41.105.45
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 05-28-2005 10:21 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The guard sent by Captain Barnes could not find Nefrai Kesh at his own quarters so, following the advice of the Captain, he then went to Minna Manth's quarters. There he found the massive beast waiting outside the door, looking almost puzzled.

The guard couldn't help but hesitate at this, if only for a moment.

"Nefrai Kesh?" he then said. "Captain Barnes requests your presence in the main docking bay."

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 05-28-2005 10:43 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kesh turned to look at the man. "I see. Perhaps ms. manth is with him." He nodded slightly, confirming the idea in his head, and followed the man to the docking bay.

"Captain." Kesh said, agknowledging Barnes as he came to him.

--------------------

"I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares." ~The Inquisition

Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 05-28-2005 11:28 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Nefrai approached, Aaron's commlink beeped, indicating an incoming message. He immediately hit the accept button, and Minna's repeat message began streaming in.

Aaron frowned, listening to the message only a few times before closing the connection. He looked up to the others, leaving Nefrai for last. "Manth has bailed," he said simply, "And I'm afraid she may have some information from the Major's computer which may be very dangerous."

He paused, adding, "Do uou know of anything she may have taken from his computer files?"

Turning to Shawn then, he continued with, "As for your current mission...

...I believe you need to stay on it. Galen, Jasyn, and Matt have been missing far too long...

...and as it stands, we probably have no way to trace Ms. Manth."

Quieting a moment at this, he keyed in a frequency to the Hornett's main control bridge. "Do we have any staats on the departure vector of the ship which just left despite lack of clearance?"

"No sir," came the reply, "The departure was too sudden, and unexpected."

Closing the connection, Aaron pursed his lips. "We could attempt to track her via this comm I've received...

...but considering she replied only a few moments after I replied, I'd guess that she jumped randomly and set her departure vector from wherever she was when she replied. I doubt she's there any longer. I'll run this all through Stargazer Corporation, as well as the stats on the Forbiddance and see if they can give me any leads."

Pausing once more, he turned to Dat. "Regarding the mission you are all still going on...here is the datachip you requested. Now..."

For a moment, he trailed. "Jedi Petrolu mentioned the need for a pilot, and I think we've got one..."

[ 05-28-2005 11:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Dat Cyprios

Member # 634

posted 05-30-2005 09:25 PM     Profile for Dat Cyprios   Author's Homepage   Email Dat Cyprios     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dat pockets the datachip, then speaks loudly as he moves back to the control console. "I can pilot for you, but I'd like to let you know beforehand that my most of my flight experience is in covert missions, vice open combat. It seems that this is the kind of situation we're looking at here, so I think we should be fine..."

A few keystrokes later, the other panels in the room return to life, and red indicators around the hangar bay fade to their usual black. Dat returns to the group, speaking as he walks. "I've shut down the security program I triggered to close the hangar bay doors." Without as much as a pause, he continues, "So what ship will we be taking? And when do we leave?"

--------------------

Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 05-30-2005 10:33 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron's eyes widened momentarily as he remembered something he may not have clearly mentioned before. Putting a hand to his mouth then, he pursed his lips thoughtfully. Then, dropping it, he spoke up.

"Well, I don't know how covert this mission will be. It should be, mostly..."

He paused, trailing a second, "...but there is an Imperial blockade in the Khar Delban system. You should be fine getting in though; so far as I know no one has been stopped going in. Just going out..."

"...therefore we'd better make sure you have a really good ship. I know Shawn's sister Shayla is a good pilot, if you find her she will probably be able to handle the situation. My sources tell me her hit and fades are perfectly executed."

For a moment his eyes darkened at this, as though he were recalling something. And perhaps he was at that.

"As for the ship you will take, I have in mind something very well equipped for this sort of travel. I don't want too much attention drawn to you, and I'm hoping you will have as little interaction with the Empire as possible since they'll easily be able to identify you all excepting Dat. Still, I don't want things to seem too undercover...

...and with Shawn aboard, you might be able to convince them you've simply been on a mission of mercy...

...which wouldn't be a lie. And even more so, you might be able to convince them that the type of ship you are flying was pertinent to the type of mission you were on should they stop you. I'm going to send you in a modified YT-2400...

...and as soon as you can familiarize yourself with the controls, I'd like you to proceed on. Follow me."

Motioning then, Aaron lead the way through the main hangar bay until they approached a highly polished ebony YT-2400 freighter. "Her hull will hide you well, and her weapons will give you a fighting chance."

I hope, came the addendum. "I will let you know if and when I receive information concerning Ms. Manth. Until then...

...go and look for the others. That is at least one mission we are all certain of."

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 05-30-2005 10:43 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"A mission of mercy might work, easily I might add. However, if we are to encounter the imperial forces, they may question my-" he rolled the words about in his mouth for a moment soundlessly. "-appearance. It's not exactly comforting to those who once hunted xenos. And I'm beyond xenos in appearance."

He glanced at Dat as he spoke, unsure of how he'd take the labling of the imperials.

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05