my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » On a Wing and a Prayer (Page 10)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Printable Version
Author Topic: On a Wing and a Prayer
Dat Cyprios

Member # 634

posted 05-31-2005 10:05 PM     Profile for Dat Cyprios   Author's Homepage   Email Dat Cyprios     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dat nods to Aaron. "I'll begin immediately. If I'm not mistaken, this craft has the capability for a gunner as well..." He looks toward Shawn, then to Nefrai. "Are either of you any good in the hot seat? Or am I pulling double duty?" He shrugs, "At any rate, this craft's control configuration is fairly simple, if memory serves. We should be able to depart by the middle of the ship's day... That is, unless this ship has any nonstandard systems that would make things much more... esoteric." He eyes Aaron, having noticed the array of vessels in the hangar, and knowing that this class of ship is well-known for its versatility and ease of modification.

He appears to take no offense to Nefrai's comment; if he does, he'll discuss it with him later, in private, once the mission is underway. "I'm prepared to take my equipment aboard and get ready to leave, though there is still the matter of my missing equipment..."

--------------------

...Everybody makes one another's terrible mistakes. Witches can be right, Giants can be good. You decide what's right, you decide what's good... --S. Sondheim, Into the Woods

Posts: 66 | From: Coruscant, but not the one you know... | Registered: Apr 2005  |  Logged: 216.37.75.114
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 06-01-2005 09:20 AM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jamel sat in a silence next to the wall. The aliens continued to pass, their eyes illuminating in the wake of lights about the city streets. It was truly a wonder to see, but it was dampered by the momentary lull running from his comm unit. There hadn't been even a silence static coming through from his frequency and it disturbed him.

Placing the comm unit in his pocket, he took to a stand, pressing his weight against the wall. Propelling himself into the air for a skip forth, he edged himself into a smooth trot ahead. The waypoint was the starport. There was things to do on the new starship he had hijacked only a day previous, but it was seeming more and more tedious to do.

However at this point there was nothing else to do so it only seemed like the plausible escape from boredom. Plunging his hands into his pocket, he let them fiddle with the loose credits, few tools and comm unit within. Maybe sooner or later, hopefully sooner for him, they would respond. However, his eyes were as a wet leaf, dangling down in a lost of hope.

"They wont," Jamel whispered as he walked across the bridging to the starport.

--------------------

"The Castle in the Sky.."-Jamel Garth

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 24.23.0.166
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 06-04-2005 11:25 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: This thread now continues in The Dream of Those that Wake in this same forum.)))

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05