my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » All's Fair in Love and War (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: All's Fair in Love and War
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 07-01-2002 03:37 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron stood and stared blankly at the unconscious form of Galen Danner, trying to sort things out.

Terrin, dear gods, where are you?

He'd been informed just recently that Galen was unconscious and unrousable. He frowned.

Where were the damn Jedi when you needed them? If she didn't come out of it this would just kill Terrin.

Where was Terrin?

He turned, pacing only a moment, about to return to the main deck of his ship now safely in hyperspace when one of those said illustrious Jedi, Cella Poliani, came to him. She whispered something in his ear, as though it were some secret she didn't want anyone but him to hear.

And just maybe it was at that.

Aaron frowned more deeply, turning again to the motionless form of Galen.

This wouldn't do. They'd just barely gotten her back. They couldn't risk losing her again. The Jedi, for once, was quite right.

He mulled, thinking of something far beyond the everyday matters of running a business.

Matters of life and death, love and war.

He turned to Poliani. She looked tired and distressed, despite the rest she and the others received aboard the Hornett.

"Go with your friends aboard the ZZ'Shzq, then--the Force-shielding is necessary, as you say. And maybe you should take K'kihl with you as well. He's been more than just that here, we couldn't have done it without him. I sense though that he would want to help out with protecting Galen. See if you can find her some sort of better medical care than we have here, but be careful. We definitely can't risk Admiral Actar finding any of you. Just do me one other favor?"

She tilted her head in question.

"While you are at it, see if you can figure out just what happened to my partner..."

The Jedi nodded solemnly and headed off. Not long after that a ship dropped out of hyperspace, now IDed as a light-freighter called the Baroness. In only moments the ZZ'Shzq dropped from the ship's main hanger and sped off into hyperspace, destination unknown. Behind her, the "Baroness" slipped back into hyperspace on a path that would take her to the unknown world of Bastion...

[ 07-01-2002 04:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.47
Admiral Pallaeon

Broken Back Button

Member # 275

posted 07-01-2002 06:36 PM     Profile for Admiral Pallaeon   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Pallaeon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Pallaeon stood on the main bridge of his new flagship the Champion as he awaited the arrival of Aaron Barnes.

"Sir," a deck officer said. "Captain Barnes has arrived. He awaits you in the conference room."

"Thank you, Officer Lent," Pallaeon said as he turned to Captain Slaric. "You have control of the bridge. Prepare the fleet for hyperspace and notify me when we are on our way. Make sure the Hornett is safely with us as well. Tag her as one of ours, owned by me, and make sure she is IDed as the Tigress, an Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyer."

"Yes sir," came the Captain's reply.

With that, Pallaeon left for the conference area. When he arrived, Captain Barnes was waiting.

"Thank you for your assistance, Admiral," Aaron said, standing to shake the esteemed Imperial's hand.

"It was my pleasure. But now that we've declared war on Actar your company might be in jepordy." Then, noticing his commlink was beeping, he held up a hand a moment to stay Aaron's reply.

"Sir, we have just taken to hyperspace as a complete fleet," said the deck officer's voice over the frequency.

"Very good, Officer. I will be back on deck shortly." Then he turned to Aaron who was frowning. "You are concerned as to the wellbeing of your company, I assume?" he asked, understanding.

"Yes, I am. But then, We seem to have more than just a little financial security at the moment...thanks to you again."

Pallaeon nodded, and indicated that Aaron should sit. He did the same.

"Your headquarters are secure?" he asked Aaron.

"Yes sir. We have no planetary headquarters, and what we do have is very well protected, and is now even more protected than ever."

"Indeed," Pallaeon replied, understanding. "We shall make sure this continues. The safety of your company is very important with Actar's take over. You are needed immeasurably, and will be protected with avengance."

"Glad to hear that," Aaron responded. "We will continue to supply you through avenues untraceable."

"And I am glad to hear that, Captain Barnes. Now we wait and pull back, carefully protecting ourselves. Actar has many enemies that have suddenly been empowered by our boldness. It might not serve him well to act out of sheer revenge from both a political and tactical angle. He technically shouldn't even be able to tell what hit Coruscant, considering both our ships were involved and neither was transmitting her true identification. But we shall wait and see just how this Admiral who was once at least honorable now reacts..."

[ 07-01-2002 06:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Admiral Pallaeon ]

--------------------

A good man is hard to find...

Posts: 5 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.156.47
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 07-02-2002 09:47 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
No sooner had Aaron returned to the deck of the Hornett when he was met by Jovonar Rathal.

"M-may i spe-ak with you?" he stuttered.

Aaron arched an eyebrow at Rathal's curious behavior.

"What is it you might be needing?" he then asked. Then he simply waited.

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.47
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 07-02-2002 10:51 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
----AS Rathal---

"Could we take this somewhere more privit?" Rathal said, looking around and then looking back to Aaron.

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.139
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 07-02-2002 10:57 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron slitted his eyes minisculy as the Hornett slipped into hyperdrive. He glanced over to a crewman, and nodded. "Take over the deck."

"Yes sir," came the crewman's reply.

With that, Aaron lead the way to a conference area. He sat at the large wooden conference table across from Rathal, eyeing him rather suspiciously.

"Now, what is this about, and why do I get the feeling I'm not gonna like it?"

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 07-02-2002 11:01 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
---As rathal---

Rathal sat in the chair provided in the confrence room, looked about a moment then said. "well sir, My former employer has just contacted me... He's requested a meeting with you..." rathal looked deep into the mans eyes before continuing "the reason i requested a private room, was to ensure that only your ears heard this, my ex-employer doesnt like to attrack attention when its not needed..."

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 07-02-2002 11:07 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron eyed Rathal even more suspiciously.

What the Sam Hell was this guy mucking around with his former employer for?

"And just why would your former employer want to speak with me?"

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 07-02-2002 11:11 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
---As rathal---

Rathal looked the man dead in the eye, not a the tiniest bit of falsness visable in his gaze "im not quite sure...all i know is that it has something to do with Galan..."

---Narcolm---

"Rathal, make him understand i wish to speak in peaceful terms...all will be revealed..."

--Rathal--

a strange look passed over rathal for a moment, then his gaze returned to Aaron "he wants you to know, he wish's to speak, in a peaceful manor, he doesnt want any harm to come to anyone..."

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 07-02-2002 11:13 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Is this guy a Jedi? Or what? What the hell is going on here? Something about Galen?

Aaron sighed, wishing for the life of him he knew where Terrin was to help him out with this. "Just who is your employer, and where does he propose we meet?"

[ 07-02-2002 11:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 07-02-2002 11:31 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
---As rathal---

Sending a quick message to narcolm, and getting the go ahead for arangment Rathal replied "He is a man named Narcolm, he wishes to meet, Here" he said, writing down a few coordinits on a piece of paper. "just out side of the coruscant system...."

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.99
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 07-02-2002 11:36 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
No way in hell are we going near Coruscant right now!

"You tell your employer to meet me at these coordinates..." here he wrote a set of coordinates down on a datapad..."or there will be no further discussion."

Rathal gazed at the coordinates a moment, considering.

Coordinates which would lead this supposed employer right into a swarm of military craft owned by Admiral Pallaeon...

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 07-02-2002 11:42 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
---As Narcolm---

"no Rathal, i will simply give him the message now...---"

--As rathal---

"He told me that i am to tell you his message here, if you are not willing to meet with him at the givin coordinits, he doesnt like taking chances...." Suddenly a perspective about rathals demener changed, as though he wasnt quite sure about his own actions

--As narcolm, through Rathal--

"I understand that niether of us, trusts the other... BUT i have been instructed to find a mans wife, this woman could very well be someplace of your chosing, before going off, and wasting time, i would like to see if maybe we can help eachother...though i do not know what i could possibly offer you"

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 07-02-2002 11:50 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron leaned forward and gave the strangely-acting Rathal a hard look. This whole situation was starting to weird him out.

"A man's wife? Just what man might you be referring to?"

[ 07-02-2002 11:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 07-02-2002 11:52 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
---as narcolm, through Rathal-

"i work on behalf of one calledterrin Daner, I was instructed to find his wife, and return her to him..."

Rathal twitched slightly, his body being overloaded by the energies being expelled in this conversation

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 07-03-2002 12:01 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron stood, the whole bizzarreness of the situation, along with the reference to his partner, starting to come together in an increasingly apparent black hole.

One that was just about ready to suck him in if he gave into it.

This was all just too spooky.

He paced the length of the room just once, then whirled to face Rathal.

This had something to do with the Sith. It just HAD to. All this Force-weirdness...Terrin possibly involved...

Aaron glared, his jaw tightening. "If you know where Terrin Danner is, then I suppose there's more to you than you are willing to admit," Aaron started, every word etched with suspicion. "At best I don't believe you. I'll tell you where Galen Danner is over my dead body."

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 07-03-2002 12:04 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
---As narcolm, through Rathal--

"Mr. Danner will be very disapointed to hear that..." then he thought to himself, one thought came through his mind so strongly, that the taken body of rathal sputtered it out, even though it was not ment to be spoken "and im sure ill pay dearly for it....hmmm"

"though you probably have not ment to, you have helped me, if only a little, i now know that galan is not on coruscant, i thank you for that... IS there perhaps anything i could do to change your mind about this? perhaps, arrange for you to see Terrin?"

[ 07-03-2002 12:05 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 07-03-2002 12:08 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron eyed Rathal suspiciously. "You can start by telling me just exactly where Terrin is...

...but I make no promises even at that."

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 07-03-2002 12:13 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
--- AS Narc, through rath.---

"Khar delba, though as of now, that information is useless, terrin is a guest of the sith, and i do mean guest."

narcolm then seperated from rathal just a minut, the poor bounty hunter passed out imediatly, free now from the mental link, narcolm tried to send a message to graysith mentaly"Graysith, if by some mirical you hear this, a friend of terrin's has galan..though he will not say where, and is not very willing to believe me... What shall i do?"

he then sent his mind back the rathal, the unconcience man came awake again, once again under the control of narcolm

[ 07-03-2002 12:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 07-03-2002 12:20 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron crossed his arms then let one hand stray to the blaster at his side. Then he forced himself to move his hand back from it.

This has to do with your partner. Keep him talking.

"Terrin? A guest of the Sith? Now that's a new one..."

He cocked his head, simply waiting for everything and nothing.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-03-2002 12:24 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
From the Elseness....

A whisper of words traveled through the interstices of space and time, arrowed through the glory of the stars, seeking to find a place hidden from the very reality through which it now wuffled...

...and found the slightest cosmic thread waiting in the vicinity of that which ought to be Khar Delba...

...a thread maintained by the Chosen Daughter, to guide them back when the mission was accomplished, else they would not find the portal into the place between seconds...

...a place where a flame-haired woman stood in silent contemplation. Her head tilted to the side, to her companions for no apparent reason, as she listened to that far-off whisper.

She responded.

"Continue as you are. But if persuasion is necessary...

"...then I shall come.
"

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.102.176
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 07-03-2002 12:25 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
---Nar---
Narcolm recieved the message from graysith, a bit relieved that he was not completly alone in this indever, he then looked to recinis, who he could tell was using his own force abilities, to sense though Narcolm, the basic happenings of the univers, Recinis gave a short nodd, and then narcolm returned to Rathal

---Nar/rath---

" I dont know terrin well, so it might, or might not be a strange thing to think of, but its true, i dont know the detials, but i think it is true, because he wanted exactly what i have been sent to do, to happen...he wants his wife back... i cant tell you anything more about him, except that he is well... I dont know anything else, you have gotten all of my information. So, will you, or will you not help me?"

[ 07-03-2002 12:29 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 07-03-2002 12:33 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron placed his hands on the table and leaned forward, his eyes intense. "Unless you can produce me some real evidence that my partner is alive and well and has sent you, then you can simply forget it..."

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 07-03-2002 12:36 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
---Nar/Rath---

"I was hoping it would not come to this,but there is one way..."

the link suddenly got put to a pause. Narcolm returning to his own place in space

--Nar---

"Graysith! HELP!" along with the message, he also sent forth his current location, and also, where he felt Rathal, and Aaron where

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-03-2002 12:53 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
From the Elseness....

Again her companions cast a perturbed look her way as Graysith's violet eyes once more grew vague. For a moment she stood in utter silence, her tuk'ata whining worriedly at her side, his face-tendrils twining lovingly about her hip as he tried to gain her attention...

...to no avail. Suddenly, slowly she nodded but once. Then the Glyph ravened into magnificence, blazing forth, blinding those present to the extent that all immediately raised their hands to protect their eyes, their faces twisted in grimaces of startlement.

At length the glory of the All dimmed it's overpowering strength, and normal lighting returned to the Dining Hall in the Great Sith Temple on Khar Delba. It shown upon Shayla, Terrin Danner and his men, and a pair of suddenly panting tuk'ata.

The chamber echoed with the silence of abandonment. And in another place, a bit of spacetime was taken up as a portal between not mere places in the curvature of space, but between the panoply of "might-have-beens" opened up, and the Chosen Daughter of the Sith stepped gracefully through. She took a step forward, her violet eyes now glancing with imperial leisure, a sweeping look which was at once almost apathetic yet managed to flare out and encompass the entirety of the Super Star Destroyer into which she had just made herself known.

Her gaze halted briefly upon the one called Rathal; she pinned him with her eyes, as a hawk pins a mouse. Then she turned them upon Aaron Barnes.

"I am Graysith," she said simply. "It would appear you will have to come with me."

With that she sent out a tendril of the All, binding Barnes to her pathway that he would follow...

...and with quiet calm carried him with her back into another dimension.

She allowed him to view Terrin.

"Speak with him now... and here... then I shall return you to Hornett."

She waited....

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.102.176
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 07-03-2002 12:57 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron blinked, finding himself elsewhere. He stared wide eyed at his partner for a moment, his head spinning.

What the hell just happened? Was this a dream?

Terrin didn't seem so surprised. He merely crossed his arms and waited.

"You...you are working with the Sith?" was all Aaron could get out.

Terrin frowned a moment at the apparent disbelief, realizing it mirrored his own usual suspiciousness. "To protect my wife and daughter," was all he replied.

Aaron gulped, and eyed his partner even more suspiciously.

Terrin's blue eyes turned a shade darker. "Aaron, you know me better than that, I'd hope," he said a bit sadly. Then, "Why have you been brought here?"

"There are those who seek Galen even now and have come to me. They said they were working for you. I knew they were Sith...I just knew it. Of course I didn't believe them when they said they were there to help."

Terrin's look turned more understanding. "You can believe them. And you can believe I'm doing all of this for the best, although it may appear otherwise. Tell them what they need to know."

Aaron watched his partner quitely for a moment; then, fully believing him, nodded. "You have my word."

"Thank you," Terrin said. Then he tilted his head to the side a bit. "You...know where she is?" he questioned, his look betraying not only just a bit of sadness.

Aaron nodded once again. "Yes Terrin, I do."

He dared not tell him Galen was unconscious...he would know soon enough...

[ 07-03-2002 01:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05