my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Sweet Dreams are Made of This (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Sweet Dreams are Made of This
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-31-2009 10:04 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: Shayla, ShaRhylla, Panthar, Rykounagin, and Phalomir enter from If You Go Out Into The Woods Today in the Complete Star Wars Universe Forum, thank you.))

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.177.198.213
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-31-2009 10:23 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla lay in silent contentment aside Rykounagin, one arm languidly across his equally quiet body. Whether he was asleep or quiet in thought she wasn't quite sure, but surprisingly enough thought enough of him to actually not intrude into his apparent solitude, despite the fact that the pair of them yet lay as one. A tiny sigh breathed from her, and she allowed her thoughts to run, projecting over everything that had happened with nearly overwhelming rapidity since she had stepped foot on the little forested moon of Endor.

The emotions she had run through, gauntlet-like, now lined up in front of her inner eye again: anger, hatred, suspicion, shock; all the darker emotions then segueing into something of a lighter mein, something unnatural to her...

But not to who she really was.

She thought back to her time with Entaris, and by dint of sheer effort managed to remove herself somewhat, enough to look at it from a different angle.

Such as Mother was always spouting, something about a Bigger Picture...

She pushed it away, and scrutinized further.

She, quite simply, had been taken advantage of. Had been silkily seduced, had been naively taken and given something she thought so much greater than reality. And that was immortality. But at what price?

It was only through the return of he who lay beside her that she was even able to harbor the final notion.

Not the loss of her soul, but of her heart. But now, it had been returned to her.

And she was suddenly discovering who and what exactly she truly was. A young half-human, half-Sith, in line to be Dark Lady of the Warriors, and highly trained by her father.

I am still me! she exulted, her eyes growing momentarily wild with the thought, letting something of her former haughtiness flood through her. And finding that haughtiness all the more satisfying, if only for the simple fact that it had something to compare itself with.

And that was love, pure and simple.

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 12-31-2009 11:09 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar looked at the motionless Phalomir.

“Well,” he said. “I know what he has done in the past. He has always put himself in harm's way for her, and I've been with him when risked his own life to save her. I honestly think he'd do anything for her.”

Panthar's eyes lifted once again.

“Probably do anything for either of us, too. Assuming he can forgive me.”

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-31-2009 11:33 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla actually shrugged.

"You've certainly changed your tune quickly," was all she commented at first. She quieted for a moment, then continued. "Why the sudden change? After all, you had no problems taking an oath to help ShaRhylla to help her in her pursuit to rule the Sith, coming along with us and going along with our plan, and meanwhile leaving one of Danner's men imoprisoned on Khar Delba,,,

...at least not until Rykounagin turned up."

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.53.74
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 01-01-2010 12:21 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar laughed a brief, stifled snort.

“I had a change of heart,” he said simply.

Shayla’s dubious look made him shake his head and curse under his breath.

“All right, let’s not pretend. It’s gone from me. Do you what you wish as far as telling her, but that icky dark stuff is gone. That stuff I did -- it wasn't me. But it’s me, now, Shayla, and I don’t think it’s coming back. So I’m sorry if this throws a wrench in the plans of whatever the heck that thing is, but I can’t allow anything to happen to my friends.”

Panthar bit his upper lip and inhaled.

“And I hope that still includes you.”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 173.21.219.114
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 01-01-2010 12:41 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla watched Panthar for a long moment. "That depends entirely on what you do," she then said, her look once more unreadable. "You still seem to be conveniently forgetting that ShaRhylla is Graysith's daughter."

She quieted a moment, arching an eeyebrow at Panthar curiosly before changing the subject entirely. "Phalomir's past is strangely muddled, and the future I've seen in relation to him is even more disturbing. What do you know about the his past, really? After all, both he and Thoran were planted in you so very long ago."

[ 01-01-2010 12:42 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.53.74
The All

Member # 144

posted 01-01-2010 11:59 AM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Side-posted from Standing on the Edge of Forever in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

Somewhere Other, a great pair of chrome-sparkled eyes blinked in utter satisfaction. In that reality Man calls space and time, a super-massive star lit its surrounding light years with its sudden death, scattering parts of itself off into the not-Void, readying said space for the creation of yet another star and its attendants. The glory of the supernova left in its wake would cause astronomers galactic-wide to scramble to their instruments, of course in what particular order their particular system was from the expanding sphere of death.

Tucked in the middle of the expanding cloud of gas and particles, the core of the blue-white giant collapsed in upon itself, taking with it space and time and anything of sanity. The impossible speck of a singularity woke up in ravenous hunger and, reaching out, it began to feed.

It's nearest choices were its associates, for its parent star had during life been part of not merely a double, but of the extremely rare triple star system. Of course it had given up having attendant planets encircle it; indeed, so had it's brethren, for the privilege of such a rarity is not given freely. Nor is it when the paradigms change.

The Eyes blinked again, the singularity attacked the others, stellar matter swirled and accelerated... and the dark impossibility began to grow. Due to the vagaries of quantum restraints, while the mass grew ever larger, the singularity, already being without dimension, grew smaller. Matter of which it was made sang, suddenly strings upon which the Music of Universes was struck, stretching and pulling and vibrating. The strain was too much; something unfathomable to those beings who dwell in -- and who yet can barely understand -- the simplicity of merely four dimensions ripped into life, ripping into the fabric of Time and Space, crossing over into other dimensions existing in an entire multiplex of them.

The foamy, black bubble it poked into roiled, echoing with the slobbering yowls of billions upon billions of imps...

They/It looked up, seemed to cock sideways.

"Fair move, mathematically verified," was all It/They said, al the while making certain that the tentative other tendril so newly created had found firm docking in the vastness of intergalactic space around it. Then they just were not there anymore, vanishing utterly into the weird otherness They/It called Its/Their True Home.

--------------------

I am beyond the Light and the Dark... joining them in unity I make them a greater sum than their parts. I am the warp and woof of existence, the commander of time and the very fabric of all that is...

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-01-2010 01:17 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Though we lay quietly, my body and quiet pleasure at such contact with my love, my thoughts slowly shifted elsewhere. Though it seemed an idyllic state that we were together, soon destined to rule, there were many obstacles in our way, not so much hurdles, as shards of ice upon a frozen wall that we sought to climb.

I still smile as my thoughts turn to our company aboard the ship, the name of which I was yet to have heard, and yet to really care for.

The large Sith, Panthar, was an oddity. I could've sworn I'd seen him before, perhaps when I'd first began my more troubled adventures amongst the Sith, or mayhaps at a later time. His silence was not exactly a welcoming thought, though I hadn't been there to hear him speak before. For now, he was a silent guardian of some sort, or simply the hired help.

Shayla. That would be the most interesting one. Never, and I had to highlight that, never had they gotten along. From arguments to posturing to an incident involving fire, their relationship had been a sled ride down the side of an erupting volcano.

Phalomir? I was at a loss really of how to align myself with or against him. I had played the game of nicety before coming to the forest world, I am sure, but now? All things seemed to have been lost in the haze of greater loss of power. But as it stood, with my present 'allies', it seemed he was a threat, or otherwise to be treated as hostile to some degree.

It would stand, for now.

What of my brother? Long had it been since I'd seen him, though I would hope he was dead by now, perhaps locked in the maw of a Rancor, though I would doubt he would succumb to such a predator.

"This is the stuff of dreams..." I murmur, breathing in her scent, eyes still closed, fingers gently stroking hair and her back.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-01-2010 01:18 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: Allow me to take a moment to celebrate the 10,000th post on this forum! 10 years, ten thousand, fantastic!)))

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-01-2010 01:38 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The halfling seemed to smile in her sleep, a distant voice wafting into her unconsciousness, joining with the results of the REM-sleep she was currently engaged in.

The stuff of dreams... the stuff of dreams...

The words beckoned to her, reaching out to her, prompting her to in turn reach back out toward them as they seemed to recede, to grow distant, to want to lead her up and out and away. If she stretched just right she would almost touch them, for although they were indeed receding, they were also indeed taking her with them, to...

Her eyes lifted lazily, the vision before them unfathomable for its closeness. Then they focused more clearly, recognizing the proximity of Rykounagin's chest; other senses awoke with equal languor, registering the feel of fingers lightly running through her hair, stroking her. She shivered a little, snuggled a bit closer, and only then did she finally consider the actual meaning of the words she had responded to.

"But dream no longer, my love," she purred in a half whisper, the muffled words sliding against Rykounagin as she pressed herself closer yet.

"This is wonderfully real, and will be forever and ever."

She silenced, content to enjoy the moment, and put away from her all the other persistent little annoyances that were trying to impinge upon her happy state. Those being the myriad statements concerning the little dilemma of where to go from here.

For the situation she now found herself in, generally speaking, had certainly undertaken a complete turn-around, hadn't it?

Or... had it indeed?

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-01-2010 02:11 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Yes, it shall." I say with a smile.
So long as we live.

The thought brings a quiet shiver down my spine, but I do not let it reflect as I kiss the crown of her head, still holding her close, the warmth of her body making up for the cool air of the room, though it has improved slightly with the present company.

"Sleep, love." I murmur, stroking her hair. "For we have great things to do when we wake."

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 01-01-2010 05:21 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar blew out a deep breath.

“That's a long answer to a short question,” he said. “I'm hoping to write a book someday about that. But really, I was just an archaeologist, studying this ancient civilization I had found evidence of on a remote planet. I broke though into a cave, found this crystal, next thing I know I have two visitors in me and I'm not able to control my own actions. All I really can tell you about that whole experience was that Phal was really confused as to what happened, and he once he figured some things out then we was a nice as could be. Thoran was quiet, but we all know now that he was planted there to keep on eye on Phal.”

Panthar shrugged then, and continued.

“Phal thinks he was sent back in time to save the Sith from some impending future invasion by the Vong. That's not what he was told when he was freshly hatched from the crystal, so I guess Thoran had his reasons for lying about that. Or maybe there is something to it after all? I don't think Phal knows for sure, really. But I do know that he is a good person, and he has been loyal to his friends and his lady. Remember when he became Dark Lord? You were there, weren't you? He was given the chance to take that weird dagger thing but the Eye of R'lous showed him a vision of what would happen if he did, and chose to never possess it and said it would be better for everyone if he didn't hold that kind of power.”

Panthar shrugged again.

“So I don't know what information you have, but to me Phal is as good a friend as any of us will ever ask for. I don't know if you remember the things you did to him a while back, but even after all of that we was ready to welcome you back just now. What's that tell you?”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 216.203.102.2
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 01-01-2010 09:39 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"It tells me that, for someone who is a Dark Lord, he isn't particularly discerning," Shayla responded flatly. "Truth is that you don't even know much about him, even though his spirit was in your body for quite a long time. And the fact that he doesn't even know about his past...

...and seems to just trust the Master at his word that he is his Father? What about the stuff about this Trelanicus person? When you step back from your position in all of this and look at the Bigger Picture, too many unknowns surrounding this one exist...

...and that is intolerable."

Especially considering that, since you've seen scores of clones of him, who could really know which one is truly the Original...

...or which one will commit the atrocity which the Octahedron displayed?

[ 01-01-2010 09:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 01-06-2010 12:46 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Trelanicus,” mused Panthar. “Right, Trelanicus. That is a mystery, yeah. I do remember the crystal – what was that… oh. The Eye of R’lous. That’s the thing that Phal and Thoran were imprisoned in when I found them. And then there was the time when Phal took us to that hidden base in the ice and snow… which he never really explained except that he remembered being there as a child. How could that be if he is from the future like he says?”

Panthar paused, giving Shayla a confused look.

“Crap. You know, there is a lot of mystery surrounding him. But he really has been a friend, how can you deny that?”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 173.21.219.114
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 01-06-2010 01:06 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir’s head swam as consciousness slowly tried to return through the thick curtain of fog that blanketed his mind. Darkness pervaded as his eyes scoffed at the feeble commands from his brain to open, and his muscles remained relaxed. In truth, the pain his body felt was great and intense, ranging from the injury to his leg that had been reopened by Shayla’s tender touch to the thumping drone of the concussion he suffered from Panthar’s blow. But the brain spared the conscious Phalomir from this sensation and kept the Dark Lord still and immobile.

But still his thoughts remained free to wander, and the direction they went was directly to the topic that weighted most heavily on his mind.

“Jharmeen”, he whispered, scarcely audible above the hum of the ship.

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 173.21.219.114
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-10-2010 01:37 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla snuggled closer against Rykounagin, soothed by the beating of his heart as it thrummed through her being, lulled into a state close to slumber by the sensation of his caress upon her skin. Time drifted past, time filled with a feeling that was unfamiliar to her, but a feeling she was finding to be one she never wanted to lose again. And that was utter and complete contentment.

Lost in her half-dream state, a yet conscious part of her being turned inward, scrutinizing, searching through this new feeling to find the ShaRhylla that was yet ensconced within.

I am still me, the daughter of Lord Roan, the Heiress to the Warriors, she thought drowsily as a bit of haughtiness rose up in greeting. I haven't changed, not at all.

I didn't even come into her mind the fact that in thinking thus, she really was afraid that she had changed. Or rather, that which to all outward appearances showed itself as ShaRhylla Roan had changed. Had, in fact, disappeared. The evil seed planted within her by Entaris, nurtured by the Darkness in the time since that being's disappearance, was indeed gone.

But that did not necessarily mean the halfling had automatically reverted to a namby-pamby little goodie-two-shoes.

Far from it.

"I am still me..."

The words drowsed from her lips, spoken half consciously, half unbeknownst to her. A niggle of selfishness, of royal hauteur, of the adolescent it's all about me-ness that made up her psyche before Entaris's lethality had come into her life was yet there.

At the moment it was only muted by the wash of a new sensation: love.

She had never loved, not even before, when Rykounagin first became her husband-to-be. Then it was only possession, that and that alone. But now, this new emotion was gaining foothold in her being, and by slowly rising was only giving greater depth to that which was and ever would be...

ShaRhylla.

She smiled slightly, drifting further into the deeps of contented slumber...

...and quite suddenly found herself sitting on the deck next to their bed, shaking by a reality that more mimicked a raging tsunami than the ship's quarters she had appropriated, the thunder of myriad distant crashes and involuntary yells ringing in her ears.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 209.234.81.9
The All

Member # 144

posted 01-10-2010 01:53 PM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Without the Preon the impossibility of hyperspace howled in pain, suddenly rent by the intrusion of a rip, a tear, a wound created in that which men term real by the creation of the wormhole due to the effects of the distant supernova. Spacetime, by definition, is just what its name declares: space, and all its contingent matter, and time; once space exists, time follows hand-in hand. One cannot have one without the other, not in the reality in which Men live.

But reality does not truly exist in hyperspace. It in itself is a shortcut, a manipulation, a warping. Space and time become juxtaposed, altered; while a line from point A to very distant point B is shortened, it is shortened in manners making no sense in the real universe.

Space and time exist, but in a way Man cannot really fathom... and to date can only manipulate on the most superficial of levels.

Thus it was that the shockwave of black hole newly formed in a region of the galaxy far removed from the Preon hit her as she ravened through hyperspace, knocking against her hull in a vicious announcement of its arrival, an announcement so powerful as to shake the ship as a nek shakes a rag, and in that shaking knocking those within first against each other, than onto the deck...

And finally into a state of unconsciousness. Each and every one.

[ 01-10-2010 01:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The All ]

--------------------

I am beyond the Light and the Dark... joining them in unity I make them a greater sum than their parts. I am the warp and woof of existence, the commander of time and the very fabric of all that is...

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 209.234.81.9
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-10-2010 09:30 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sleep was almost upon me when the ship gave the almighty heave that sent us both from the bunk. Being on the side of it, I found myself rather close to the ceiling for a moment before the artificial gravity decided to kick in and bring me back to the deck with a most unpleasant sensation.

I feel the ship heave again and roll across the floor, catching a mounted desk in the ribs. I growl and try to get up but am pitched one more time across the room to a rest near the foot of the bunk ShaRhylla and I had shared a moment before.

My head is reeling in darkness for a long moment and find myself slipping away to unconsciousness, blinking hard as I try to keep control, I find my gaze falling over her form, sitting somewhat dazed by the side of the bed.

"Rhy..." I murmur, still fighting to stay awake. "ShaRhylla..."

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 01-11-2010 11:42 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir groaned at the pain in his head. His eyes flittered open, and he groaned again at the bright light that flickered on and off, then steadying into a solid white. He rose slowly to a sitting position, his leg suddenly reminding him of the wound he had suffered earlier.

As he looked around his awareness slowly filtered back through the clouds that had blanketed his mind. The back of his head throbbed as if something big and hard had come crashing down upon it. Strange lights swam just outside of his vision, causing him to blink for a few seconds. He tried then to rise, then realized he was being held down by something soft and warm.

He looked down, more flopping his head than anything. He blinked more, then realized that it really was Shayla sprawled out over his mid section. Looking around, he realized that he was on the floor of what appeared to be a ship. Panthar lay across the small room, crumpled in a heap.

Phalomir rolled from under Shayla, his wounds protesting. Eventually he found himself upright and on his feet, his head swimming but his feet more or less stable. He bent over with a wince and lifted Shayla in his arms and placed her gently on the bed that sat in the center of the room. He then pulled the crumpled blanket over her and turned to the portal.

He walked out into the small hallway, pressing against the bulkhead. He took slow steps and tried to steady himself, but a subtle nausea washed over him and refused to disperse. He felt his way along the wall and squinted ahead into the cockpit. It was empty and a large red light was blinking on the main console. He shook his head slightly and looked to the side where his hand was pressing. It was another door.

He fumbled for the switch on the wall and door slid open. It was a bedroom apparently, and there were two forms inside – one on the floor and another sitting on the bed. The form on the bed was a female, red hair...

“Jharmeen?” he said softly. No, wait, it wasn't her... it was...

“ShaRhylla?” he said, louder. “Are-- are you all right? What happened? Why am I here?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 216.203.102.2
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-12-2010 06:22 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Plip. Plip. Plip.

ShaRhylla uttered a little moan as a whisper-soft little sound drifted into her ears. Normally the sound would be too quiet in and of itself to drag her from the depths of unconsciousness, but the maddening regularity of it accomplished the task. Slowly, slowly she drifted upward from the dark, awakening in pieces until she was conscious enough to realize something else.

A taste.

The two coalesced: the maddening plip and the taste of... metal. She dragged her yet unseeing eyes open, lolled her head against the bed which held her limp form propped upright to an extent, and studied the result.

Blood. It was blood. The metallic taste in her mouth was that of blood... her blood... and the soft little noise was the sound of it dripping on the deck next to where she sat. There beside her, a small, purplish pool of it glittered in the dim light of the cabin.

Her tongue snaked out, searching, encountered a sweet reward. Not one, but two punctures in her bottom lip told the tale; as Preon fought to keep itself alive against the unknown onslaught, knocking all aboard her silly in the process, she had bitten her lip.

A sigh escaped her, drifted to her ears, awakening them to the fact that the simple sound of that sigh was not the only one trying to make itself known.

"--appened? Why am I here?"

Now vision came to her eyes, her thought processes gathered themselves together in a sudden rush, berating her for her weakness.

Fool, you could have been killed by-- by whoever is speaking to you! How easily you let this-- this being sneak up on you; a warrioress should not be subject to the mere whimsy of pain and physical assault!

No matter what instinctive words flashed through her mind, the solid reality was that yes, halfling, you are indeed mortal, aren't you? That wonderful part of you now gone...

And for--?

"Rykounagin--?" she whispered, letting the inflection rise upward into a question. Half-thoughts and ghostly memory battled with overwhelming query, fought against budding logic, against pure sensation, all in a wild hodge-podge that whirled about and all together until at length she simply sat completely up and tossed them away from her.

She blinked in crystal clarity, the taste of her blood fresh on her tongue. Before her stood her hulking enemy, wavering on his feet like a lamb given the slaughter-blow. She raked his form with her bi-colored eyes, which then narrowed a bit.

"I do not know," she deigned to reply, albeit flatly. Then--

"Rykounagin!"

Suddenly on her feet, she found where he lay crumpled, rushed to him, her mouth still bleeding but less now, sudden aches and twinges awakening her attention, demanding it fully, to be ignored. She fell to her knees beside her betrothed, cradling his head in her lap.

"I am here," she whispered softly, leaning down to place her forehead against his. Then she straightened, turning to stare at Phalomir, glaring at him as though everything that had just happened so unexpectedly to them was entirely his fault.

Which she was certain of, deep in her heart.

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 01-12-2010 11:36 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir winced at the shrill voice calling out for... Rykounagin?

"Ryk?" he asked. "Is that Rykounagin? I was worried, I thought we'd lost him, we were separated when the Ewoks attacked and... is he all right?"

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 216.203.102.2
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-13-2010 08:46 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
...felt vision swimming slightly, even as I heard the throbbing rumble of a bass voice, not quite clear... Who was in front of me?

I shook my head slowly as the soft, slightly hurried, worried voice of ShaRhylla came into greater focus. I was having a hard time piecing together everything happening around me, such was the vertigo and disorienting impact.

My subconcious began to reach out, pulling at tendrils of magic to bring wakefulness flooding back to me; such an easy task, to bring such power coursing through you, to empower and enhance. Something I'd always been good at doing, the simple reflexiveness of grasping such.

Something that was not there.

I struggled, the crutch upon which I had been raised removed, trying to stand straight mentally in the loss of everything that had been once such a natural part of me.

Slowly I swallowed and looked up into her eyes. "I'm here." I looked around slowly. "I'm here." I repeated, things starting to rush back into focus.

"What is he doing up?" I ask, now seeing Phalomir standing in the doorway, his words lost in the haze I'd been experiencing.

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-13-2010 11:54 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The halfling's attention riveted upon Rykounagin, but this did not necessarily mean she was ignoring the Dark Lord pretender. Keeping on ear focused upon the doorway should he make the slightest, and quite possibly hostile move toward her, she removed one of her cradling arms and laid a cool hand against Rykounagin's cheek. Her eyes peered into his, full of unvoiced questions.

"I do not know why he is up, nor why he has come to be in the doorway to our quarters," she said softly, stroking his cheek a little. "He just... appeared."

Now a quick glance was shot Phalomir's way before all her attention was once again focused on Rykounagin.

"He... asks about your condition; he states you were... were with him before ewoks attacked you."

She paused, her eyes beginning to fill with a dark hurt.

"Wh-what do you remember, my love?" she finally queried, her voice scarcely a whisper for the appearance of the sudden lump now beginning to constrict her throat.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-13-2010 12:11 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I look at Phalomir for a moment, trying to think. Remembering what came in that period after I'd left her, to when I'd found her again was still proving immensely difficult, like climbing up a rock wall in the face of the water that would cascade down it.

A memory flickers momentarily. An airlock, wind rushing about the two of us. What were we doing there?

I remember shouting and then... unconsciousness.

"We were aboard a ship." I say slowly. "Though the why... I think we were fighting." I say. "If that is so, then why would I come here with him?"

I look to her and shake my head. "I do not remember much, but whatever brought us to that jungle is something of the past. Unimportant if so easily forgotten."

I look at Phalomir. "And to my recollection, we were never attacked by Ewoks. Of the few memories I do have before, I do recall being taken care of."

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-13-2010 03:25 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla placed her other hand alongside Rykounagin's other cheek, now cupping his face between her hands as for a long moment she remained mute, staring deeply into his eyes, once again searching.

Then she straightened, all seeds of budding fear and hurt utterly squelched, cast away like spindrift upon the wind.

"I believe you," she said, now letting her eyes cut to Phalomir who yet slumped against the doorframe. Her nose wrinkled the tiniest bit at the weakness he projected...

Far from the demeanor of a Dark Lord!

...then lifted her face upward, letting her jutting chin portray exactly what she thought of him. Still staring at him she ran one hand about Rykounagin's face, let her fingers linger about his lips a bit before she let her body follow where her nose had led. Gaining her feet she stood rock steady, rock solid, and sent an ominous look into Phalomir's eyes.

"Then this one is either... confused, or he is lying to us," she stated flatly, now letting her hands clench into fists at her side.

"In either case, I do not recall having invited him here; perhaps he would allow us the privilege of our privacy, and go back to the place he has been given!"

[ 01-13-2010 03:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05