my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Sweet Dreams are Made of This (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Sweet Dreams are Made of This
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 02-07-2010 11:17 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I've watched my love's project with a faint smile on my lips, pleased to see she's capable of working in such an unfamiliar environment. However, as the proximity alert began to chime, I leaned in as best I could behind Phalomir and ShaRhylla and looked at the image as it was zoomed in.

"Well that is something quite unfamiliar." I murmur, trying to examine it through the slight pixelation that the digital zoom has created.

"Something that doesn't belong out here at all."

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.177.198.213
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 02-08-2010 10:46 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The halfling bit her lower lip, leaned back against Rykounagin's body, and pulled her hands altogether from the console.

"You said you set this alarm; perhaps you can likewise determine just what this thing is," she said, now sending a look bearing her normal, signature haughtiness Phalomir's way.

"I have found the thing; it is your time to continue with it and discover what it is. But to me, it looks somewhat like-- like..."

The pretense of haughtiness fell a couple notches as she screwed her brows together, and leaned a bit forward to scrutinize the screen further.

"Some kind of ship," she said at last as she pulled back again, now seeking physical verification of Rykounagin's strength. Not that she wasn't strong enough in herself, mind you; but even she could recognize the concept of additive power. Each one of them unto his or herself might be uniquely powerful in his or her own way, but together their talents were multiplied.

Even him, a tiny portion of her unconscious admitted grudgingly as her eyes slid momentarily to Phalomir. Then they slid upward to her betrothed, and remained fixed there.

For he was right, as was Phalomir. This thing did not belong where it was; how could it have gotten there. And in all the vastness of the known universe, how could it have seemingly found them?

Halfling though she was, she was Warrior Sith through and through, and thus didn't believe one whit in the concept of coincidence. Her hand reached quietly toward her boot, reaching for the Tooth she had handily slid there.

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-08-2010 09:23 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla hadn't been ignoring the conversations behind her. Instead she'd been struggling somewhat to stay focused on anything other than the possible damage her ship had sustained. For although ShaRhylla was correct in stating that there didn't seem to be any hull damage...

...something was certainly wrong. Or at least, it appeared to be wrong...

...especially now.

"Unless my sensors are wrong--and I don't think that they are--it is a ship."

She paused, her look darking as with effort she turned her attentions away from the controls and towards ShaRhylla. "The problem is that my navboard can't seem to make any sense of where we are...

...nor do my systems seem to pick up any planets or other bodies, recognizable or not, in the area."

Shayla quieted again, her eyes shifting ever-so-slowly to the still approachig thing in the viewscreen. "Which makes me wonder just where in all the known galaxy that approaching...

...thing might have come from..."

[ 02-08-2010 09:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.53.74
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 02-10-2010 10:15 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I silently affirm my love's desire and pull her against my chest, arms encircling her torso and arms for the moment. I stare at the craft we are now watching through narrowed eyes.

"It's odd... it has all the appearance of a ship in shape, but it has a peculiar... texture. That doesn't look like simple durasteel construction..." I say, examining it. "Some sort of Xenos ship perhaps... like the ships that were fought at Bakura. Perhaps something we've not encountered before."

The notion is intriguing as it is frightening, though no fear is betrayed by his touch or expression. "Can we do further scans? Or is that the limit of the ship's capacity?"

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 02-18-2010 06:30 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla leaned back against Rykounagin, reveling in the feel of his body against hers. But the fluid satisfaction her body language was radiating was completely negated by the somewhat annoyed glance she shot Shayla.

"Of course we're not going to find any planets or anything like that out here!" she stated with a little sniff.
"We're beyond the limits of our galaxy, aren't we?"

Her eyes slid to Phalomir, reading silent affirmation to her statement in his own troubled pair. Nodding, she nestled against Rykounagin, now taking the Tooth from her boot and beginning to toy idly with it.

"Doesn't anyone but me find it... odd that in all the great hugeness of space, this ship or whatever it is has managed to find us? And that after we landed here by accident."

Now she shot another dark look toward Shayla, as if their current situation had been entirely her fault. But the halfling being who and what she was, she naturally had to lay blame somewhere; since Shayla had plotted their course, it seemed logical to her that it was due to some mishap on the young woman's part that had landed them where there now were.

Which seemed so frighteningly very far away from home.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.177.159.254
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-01-2010 09:18 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The look in Shayla's eyes darkened as she recalled recent conversations regarding games at play.

"If it was an accident at all," Shayala ammended, unable to stop herself from shooting a somewhat accussatory look Phalomir's direction. With effort, the look faded and she was once more virtually unreadable.

"For all we know, if there are truly games being played by Powers that Be which we are not aware of..."

She trailed, scowling.

"...this could all be yet another move in the game."

Her lip twisted in a look of disgust once more at the suggestion that they were all being moved around as mere pawns. The very idea turned her stomach.

"But all speculation aside, whether we were placed here intentionally or not, it would seem that, for some reason or another...

...whomever or whatever is out there knows we are here, which almost suggests that they or it may somehow have a connection with someone or something onboard our own ship. And as for any further scans...

...my sensors detect metal and such as we would expect from any typical ship," she said, answering Rykounagin. "But you are also correct, there is something my scanners detect about the ship's outer hull that it has been trying to analyze and recognize...

...but it has been unsuccessful doing so."

[ 03-01-2010 09:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.53.74
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 03-03-2010 10:53 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla cocked her head a bit to one side, all her attention seemingly focused on playing with the Tooth of S'slan. In actuality, however, she was pondering upon Shayla's words, considering them carefully. Something about them reached a chord deep inside of her, strummed upon it, until something close to recognition flashed through her.

Moving with all the grace and speed of a sandcat, she was away from Rykounagin and back at the console.

"Let me..." she interjected rather roughly as with equal roughness she shouldered Shayla aside and reached for the zoom controls. The image on the screen came in a touch closer, and she had to strain to see its dim form against the blackness of intergalactic space. But even though it was at the limits of Preon's sensors, there was enough light being cast upon it from the galaxy behind them that, although tiny, it resolved into just a bit more clarity.

Everyone seemed to lean forward, all breath seemingly held. ShaRhylla let hers out in a quick huff as one slender, clawed finger tapped upon the image being presented by the screen.

Yes, it most definitely was a ship.

Yes, it was most definitely strange in outward appearance, seeming to be covered by a coating of something that seemed to...

Writhe.

She leaned in more closely, noticed something briefly revealed by the ship's strangely roiling cover.

A quick flash of letters, of words.

--il-Ma--

The flash of recognition within her escalated into a shiver that raced throughout her body. While the briefly exposed lettering didn't mean diddly to her, the substance covering the ship was familiar to her.

Very familiar indeed.

She sucked in a breath, catching her bottom lip between her fangs, and went back to Rykounagin. The move was not as if she was seeking safety, but rather seeking to...

Share.

"Do you remember?" she asked softly, her eyes glinting as they remained fixed on the image of the ship.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 03-03-2010 10:10 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stared at the magnified image of the ship, ShaRhylla at length responding to his request. He shot her a concerned look as she moved away, but his eyes went quickly back to the image.

“This ship,” he said to no-one in particular, “This looks like something one would expect to find in any spaceport, such as I have seen in the human worlds. Yet, something does indeed seem strange about it, something covering it in places… something else I have seen before…”

Walls.

Phalomir sat back abruptly as the image flashed before his eyes.

“Walls,” he murmured. “Cell walls…”

He struggled to remember, but the rest of this story would not play out. He knew the answer, he knew he had been somewhere and had seen things that would make this oh so clear, but it was just out of reach.

“Where have I seen this?” he asked, turning to the others. His eyes caught first with Rykounagin’s, and he saw that this troubled the youth as well.

But it was there… images of pain, of… torture? Wailing, darkness, suffering…

His thoughts were interrupted by a crackle that cut the silence like the claw of a rancor. Another crackle, then a hiss that tried to form into a voice.

“—ay care… contact-- ship. We-- adrift--- help… ”

Phalomir immediately snapped out of his thoughts and into the now. He reached for the com-link button but then paused. He then glanced around to the others.

“We still do not know what we are dealing with,” he said, “but they apparently know we are here as well.”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 173.21.222.117
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-04-2010 11:18 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I bite my lip for a moment, looking at the gathered company. "Well this is rather peculiar." I finally say. "But if they know we're here, we can't exactly ignore their presence."

I reach down to the controls and find a familiar symbol, pressing it into the console.

"Damaged vessel, your broadcasts are coming through as weak, say again, your broadcasts are coming through as weak. Please identify yourself."

I glance back over my shoulder at those in the cockpit, releasing the sigil that sent the frequency of my voice to the other ship. "What's the name of this ship anyhow?"

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 03-04-2010 11:51 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The halfling cast a funny sort of look Rykounagin's way. It struck her odd indeed that he had not responded to the comment she had last directed toward him. What did not seem strange, however, was the causal factor that triggered it:

The writhing blackness that covered the ship which floated helplessly nearby.

She more than well knew what that was, where it had come from. But so should have Rykounagin; because of her former connection with the Darker Realms, and the link she had maintained with it, she had easily felt within the very being of her husband-to-be that he had trafficked within them at one point himself.

One does not handily traipse into Hell and back without being a bit... touched by it...

And that touch had a blackly silken tendency to linger in one's memory, whether consciously or not.

A crackle of static assailed her ears, drawing her away from her thoughts. Plucking up the Tooth of S'slan once again, she ran its blade lightly up and down her thumb while she listened.

"--are. We say ...n, this is Devi- are..."

The voice lost itself to static, which filled their ship with an interfering hiss.

She looked from one to the other.

"Did anybody make that out?" she asked innocently, not really caring, just a simple statement of query that likewise faded into the electronic chatter arout them.

[ 03-04-2010 11:54 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-04-2010 12:12 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I continue to look out of the view port, staring at the ship, listening to the signal that had been sent. Then hearing the slightest whisper of steel, I glance back to ShaRhylla, seeing the Tooth in her hand.

An ever familiar item in my life.

However, it was the nervous trait, the tell she was displaying by holding it that worried me more. What was it that she had said?

Do you remember?

My eyes go back to the ship, trying to discern what she was-

Oh sacred feth.

I blink, realizing what I'd been missing. Yes, the texture was off because the texture wasn't solid. It was moving, so much like...

"That which doesn't belong is here." I murmur, looking back to ShaRhylla, and speaking more clearly now. "Yes, I remember."

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 03-04-2010 12:37 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla's demeanor changed in an instant, the look she now sent to Rykounagin being one filled with brazenly sultry satisfaction.

Good. He does remember...

Why this recognition on his part so pleased her she couldn't honestly fathom. Perhaps it was that there was now something more than a mere commonality between them.

They both had passed into the Darker Realms. They had both been touched by its eerie taint. And they both had come out again.

Alive... although it had taken certain magickal assistance from her Mother to make certain of that in her case.

Which brought up another question.

One hand now reaching up to draw a claw ever so lightly down the plane of Rykounagin's face, she spoke aloud and not to any one of them in particular.

"It is obvious this ship has come out of the Darker Realms," she said matter-of-factly, as if this remarkable event was nothing more than the most mundane of everyday occurances.

"Yet... how can this be...?"

She let the question drift off, drowned beneath the squawking static which conveniently hid the little tremor that had suddenly crept into her voice.

Was it Him? Was he coming now for her?

She shivered a little, dug the tip of the Tooth into the meat of her thumb so as to regain her composure. Lifting the wounded member to her lips to suck upon the richly purple blood now flowing out, she paused.

She had once relished this...

Hand halted midway to her mouth, she let it hang there, her blood now dripping down and away as she tried to pretend there was at the moment nothing in the entire universe more important than that mysterious little ship.

[ 03-04-2010 12:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-04-2010 01:00 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I step back from the console, not entirely sure of how to proceed. There is, of course, a natural response that growls somewhere deep within me, beckoning me to respond puritanically, to set the other ship alight and adrift in pieces.

Rather ignorant of a base response. I think, reaching out to my love and delicately pulling her to me, though I still look out of the glass at the other craft. Embracing her in my arms, I grip the hand she has idly picked at with the blade, and bring it to my lips, planting a kiss on the wounded digit, her blood leaving the slightest stain on my lips.

My focus wavers for a moment, and I find the cockpit dimly reflected in the glass by the lights that fill it.

I have to admit, it's a rather comfortingly macabre scene. My eyes idly roam over my love held in my arms, her hand still held up to my face, the slightest glimpse of her blood there on my lips.

"Let's board the ship." I finally say, drawing my focus away from the reflection, after briefly examining the others within it. "We're not going to get a clean communication with that mass there. Also, we're not exactly going anywhere until we figure out why we're both out here."

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 03-04-2010 01:19 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin's words struck a responding chord in the halfling. In a flash she was up on her feet, the Tooth gripped firmly in one hand, every bit the warrioress her father had trained her to be.

"Yes!" she agreed with a flash of her eyes. "I find this entire happening to be too strange to warrant us just sitting here doing nothing. They--"

She nodded toward the monitor.

"--have too conveniently approached us, and after coming from the Darker Realms. I know this to be true, for remember I--"

She faltered a moment, not sure as how much she wanted everyone to know about her background. But then she realized that Phalomir more than likely knew everything there was to know about her anyway, thanks to his relationship with her mother; and as for Shayla, well...

What her yet shaky partner truly thought of her, she simply didn't care. She only cared about accomplishing what she had vowed she would, and that was the destruction of the Pretender, Phalomir, as well as her mother.

It irked her that Shayla seemed to think they yet needed Phalomir. Perhaps something would happen to him aboard the mystery ship.

"I once existed there."

She drew in a deep breath, then let it out as if it was the battle cry she would soon be singing, the thought of which was now sending her blood pounding through her veins.

"Let us delay no longer, but get ourselves to that ship and attach to it! Then we can board it, and find out once and for all just who and what is over there, as well as what infernal games they are playing with us!"

[ 03-04-2010 01:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 03-05-2010 09:45 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar stood in the frame of the entrance, silently watching the viewscreen. He found some vague recognition in the ship, but it wasn't until he saw the zoomed image and heard the strange broken words that he knew for sure.

"Before we board," he said, "We've all had dealings with the Darker Realms, and I'm not too anxious to get anywhere close to it again. Be careful about these weird coincidences, because I don't think that's what they are at all. And you ought to know something, I know that ship -- sort of. Back when we were doing things with Galen, there was that one guy... oh, what's name? Yukzi? Yookasi? Anyway, he had a ship that I remember pretty well because I loved the name -- Devil May Care. It sure looks like that ship to me. Except back then it wasn't covered in weird stuff and suspected of coming from the Darker Realms."

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-06-2010 07:35 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla looked at the ship still approaching them even more closely, cursing herself for not realizing the familarity of the ship before Panthar pointed it out. After all, she was a pilot, and recognizing a beautiful, well-designed ship was paramount. The Devil May Care was one of those ships, Shayla remembered...

...or at least, it used to be.

"He's right, that at least was Joao's ship," she finally admitted aloud. "Someone we know may be aboard," she observed, her voice even and unaffected despite the idea that someone of her acquantaince might be in dire straits. Pausing momentarily, Shayla turned to the navboard and keyed in a few commands. The ship's sensors began working once more.

"And what else would you prefer us do regarding them? Merely sit here and do nothing?" Shayla asked, turning a somewhat icy look Panthar's direction. "It would appear that if we don't board their ship, they may attempt boarding ours." As if on cue to that spoken thought, the sensors finished the work they had been doing, and something flashed into life on the navboard's central monitor.

The results of the scan she had implemented sent a shiver up Shayla's spine. "I get one humanoid life form reading from the ship...

...and multiple unknown readings as well."

(((OCC: I'm assuming that since the imps will be corporeal without powers, that ship sensors should pick them up somehow, even if they do not register as anything known. Feel free to correct me if this is the wrong assumption, but it certainly throws another proverbial monkey wrench into te current situation.)))

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 03-07-2010 11:29 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Unknown readings?" ask Phalomir. "A single humanoid with multiple unknowns. This sounds like an intriguing recipe for disaster, but I do agree with Shayla. If we do nothing, then we simply watch the ship drift until they make a move. However, if the material around the ship is preventing a clear transmission then it is most likely causing interference in the sensors as well."

He then turned to face the others.

"I say we try to board, or at least get closer where communication might better succeed. If this is indeed the ship belonging to our friend then we need to help. Shayla, this is your ship, you make the call."

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 68.28.67.228
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-07-2010 07:57 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I shake my head. "The darker realms are dangerous because of its mere properties and the ancient magics that rule it. In the material plane, with the powers we've all commanded out of play, I doubt such favorable conditions are in place for what lies on that ship."

I look to Shayla, my next words implying something just short of a command. "Dock with the ship. Whatever is aboard cannot be more dangerous than us, short of there being a Rancor loose or a platoon of stormtroopers with blasters. Whatever is over there I doubt will be any more lethal than the rules of reach might imply."

I glance back out the viewport to the ship, still roiling in the mass that covers it. "Besides... We've made nice with the dark side before, haven't we?"

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 03-10-2010 11:43 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir inhaled to speak, but was cut off by another crackle from the speaker.

"Boosting transmission to -- hope you -an hear. Engines weak, not enough -- to make a burn -- not -- how we came out here, but support failing and --"

More crackles.

"It appears we need to make our decision soon," said Phalomir. "If we are able to manuever, then perhaps it is time we did so. Whoever this is, they are apparently as lost as we are. Shall we take a chance?"

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 173.21.222.117
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 03-11-2010 11:39 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The halfling gave out a snort of derision.

"Oh, enough dallying about!" she finally exclaimed as with one swift and fluid movement she joined Shayla at the navigation console. There she paused, looking over the young human's shoulder for a moment before leaning down to put her lips close to Shayla's ear.

"Do it..." she breathed in a sultry whisper, although not one so low that none other could hear what she was saying. She straightened then, regaining her former air of hauteur.

"Dock with the ship-- oh, I shall do it myself!"

With that she gave Shayla a brusque push and positioned herself on the chair beside her. There was barely enough room for the two to share seating, but both were slim with plenty of motivation not to give in. Shayla of course wanted to be the one to pilot her own ship, but the halfling, used to getting her own way, was now joining her fiance in demanding that action be taken. Shayla appeared to be dragging her feet; ShaRhylla jockeyed to retain her precarious position and reached out to the controls.

"How does one do this? Has anyone docked with another vessel before? It can't be that difficult; what does this do?"

With that she pressed a particular control, and just by accident sent Preon into a slow but graceful slew in the direction of the unfortunate Devil-May-Care.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-11-2010 12:00 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I smile to see the direct enthusiasm that ShaRhylla is taking to action with. However, a wince does play across my features as she begins to pilot the ship with less than graceful control.

"Wasn't that the point?" I ask Phalomir rhetorically, before moving up behind my love's appropriated chair, and bending over her shoulder to reach the controls.

Repairing ships was not something I was entirely skilled at, but piloting I could do just fine.

With a few adjustments, the ship adjusts, the sensors trying to identify an airlock. "This is going to be like putting an IV into a moving vein." I murmur, eyes locked onto the readout to pick up the sign of an airlock.

"There." I breathe quietly, making another adjustment and bringing the ship around to the side of the Devil May Care smoothly, connecting airlocks in a swift, and slightly ship-jarring motion.

"Time to meet the neighbors, I think."

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-13-2010 09:17 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Although she didn't let one whit of it show outwardly, Shayla bristled at the way her ship was being taken over...

...and that was exactly what was happening. And while she agreed that they needed to take matters into their own hands before whomever or whatever was aboard the other ship did so, she did not dismiss the gravity of the situation either. Shifting a bit as the Preon docked with the Devil-May-Care, Shayla toggled a switch on the navboard to ensure that the two were securely attached. Then she turned and stood even as others began heading back towards the airlock. Her eyes fell on Panthar, who was looking rather hesitant.

"Look on the bright side," she said a bit darkly. "Whatever is over there was picked up by my sensors, and should therefore corporeal...

...and can be wounded if necessary."

As if to emphasize that final statement, her hand wandered towards her weapons belt which yet held the sword she had appropriated before leaving the Temple on Khar Delba.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 03-15-2010 10:38 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir inhaled deeply and stood as much as he could in the confined cockpit. He followed Panthar and Shayla, each readying a weapon for easy access. ShaRhylla and Rykounagin followed, more because Phalomir took up much of the corridor than out of hesitation.

Shayla stood at the airlock controls and nodded to the others as they arrived. Phalomir watched her work the controls effortlessly, and in a moment the familiar hiss of a vacuum being filled and pressurized wafted through the cabin.

Phalomir stared through the portal at the other ship. It too had a portal on its airlock door, but all he could see was darkness within that ship.

“They may not have power to the airlock,” he said, musing. “I am no expert in this matter, how do we open their side if that is the case?”

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 03-16-2010 05:34 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Irked at being forced to bring up the rear, the halfling gave Rykounagin's hand a squeeze before she dropped it altogether and took the Tooth of S'slan up in it. Head held high, she shouldered her way past Phalomir's considerable bulk, flashing him a disdainful look as she shoved her way past him. She came to a halt before the hatch, jostling in between Panthar and Shayla, and peered into the porthole.

"I don't see--" she began with a sniff when she nipped her words off in mid-sentence.

"Wait; something is happening."

Gripping the Tooth of S'slan more tightly she lowered her center of gravity, twisting a bit sideways and shifting the position of her feet until they were perpendicular to each other, right leg stretched out behind her. Thus swiftly positioning her body into a battle-ready warrior's stance, she watched through glittering eyes as the porthole showing darkness within Devil-May-Care began to move to one side, indicating that the hatch to Yaoksi Joao's ship was opening.

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 03-17-2010 10:06 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir peered over the head of the Halfling woman, her flame colored hair sending a careless strand here and there. For a brief flicker of time he was reminded of Jharmeen and a sudden mix of sorrow, helplessness, and urgency leapt through him. He blinked and returned to the moment, and now saw the portal slowly opening on the other end.

The door finished its journey to the side and a fine mist – or smoke – slowly crept into the small space between the ships. Several seconds passed and no other activity occurred, then suddenly a red hand shot from the dark mist and slapped against the hull. It was followed by a slumped figure that stumbled from the interior and fell to its knees inside the airlock.

Phalomir reached for the airlock button, hesitated for a second, then pushed it. The airlock door on their side slid open effortlessly and in an instant the figure on the other side fell through the opening, facedown at the feet of Phalomir and ShaRhylla.

Phalomir cast a quick look at ShaRhylla, then knelt down closer to the fallen stranger.

“Yaoksi?” asked Phalomir, placing a hand on the figure’s shoulder.

A groaning sigh came from the person, then a whisper.

“I don’t understand,” said Phalomir. He bent closer. “What are you trying to say?”

“—help them—“ came a louder whisper.

“Help them?” said Phalomir, looking up to the others. “The are others on board?”

Phalomir stood and raised his eyebrows. “I don’t like it, but there may be others on board. Take care of him, he appears to be Sith.”

Phalomir then stepped through the portal and into the airlock, disappearing into the mist of the other ship. Panthar sighed and followed.

Another groan came from the figure on the floor. “Help them,” came a voice.

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05