my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Destiny Uncertain (Page 9)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Destiny Uncertain
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-10-2007 07:31 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla didn't deign to answer but hurried all the faster now that her destination was certain. Moments later they were in front of the towering doors that led one to the Grand Receiving Hall...

...doors tightly closed and guarded by a phalanx of warrors. That they hadn't come through the chaos completely unscathed was evident by the way their robes and armor hung a bit askew upon them, by the somewhat shaken look in their eyes.

But that look hardened as she and Shayla approached, and shaking arms grew firm enough to block the doors with crossed spears.

ShaRhylla drew herself up, beside herself at this obvious insult to her station.

"I am the daughter of the Dark Lady and Heiress Apparent to the Warrior clan!" she snarled, rearing back like an adder, preparing to strike.

The guards, standing firmly, somehow managed to bow and scrape before her, but did not give their ground.

Rage flashed through the young halfling, flaming her with such intensity that she absolutely did not hear them explaining humbly that it might very well be her own execution their apparent cheekiness was preventing.

[ 01-10-2007 07:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.116.135
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-10-2007 08:06 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Sith continued to lead us down the hallway toward what I hoped was Yaoksi. It was all fine until the floor started shaking and Thea, Me, and the sith somehow ended up in a heap with me on the bottom.

"This has not been a good day."

We all came to out feet, luckly this time none of us got hurt... or at least I didn't. We where about to continue on when I saw Yaoksi comming towards us. I turned to face Thea.

"Well that simplifed things."

I then faced the sith to direct my question to her.

"Does this planet have sudden earthquakes often?"

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 65.184.238.14
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 01-10-2007 08:10 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Something dark and oily began to seep forward from underneath the surface, something that, via the Link she shared with Graysith, stretched out and immediately ascertained that healing strengths were needed just behind the Receiving Hall doors.

"You will allow us entrance," Shayla spat, her greeny-blues locking with those of each warrior present and not wavering in the slightest.

Stretching out then, her senses keenly attuned and honed to all that surrounded her, Shayla outstretched a single arm, palm outward and fingers extended. Something dark and overwhelmingly powerful blasted forth from there, so much so that the Sith warriors were knocked aside and from their feet altogether in a heap. Shayla but merely looked at the Receiving Hall doors in that moment, and they oiled open without so much as a touch.

Seeing the crumpled form of Graysith on the floor of the Receiving Room, Shayla eyed the recovering warriors. "You would deny the Dark Lady's second entrance at her own risk?" she queried, falling silent then.

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-10-2007 08:19 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The guard of highest rank raised himself up, stepped forth from the tangle of his companions and approached the pair. His colorful eyes flicked back and forth between them; then he straightened further, eyes dead ahead.

"It was the direct order of the Dark Lady herself," he stated, his eyes unwavering, his aching body held ramrod-stiff.

"No one, and she did emphasize no one was to enter, save for one, who has come and gone."

He paused a moment.

"Upon pain of death, not only for myself and my warriors but for those who would manage to be let through as well."

Now his eyes flicked back into Shayla's, a corner of his lip curled.

"You are above the Law, then?" he asked, then snapped his mouth shut and gripped his weapon more tightly.

[ 01-10-2007 08:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 64.12.116.135
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-10-2007 08:39 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The elder Sith raised herself carefully, wincing as something in her hip crunched in a manner not entirely conducive to good health, but managed to compose herself enough to reply to the young Ryn.

"I-- no, no it does not."

Her brows rose then, as the auburn-haired human who had come in the party of strangers approached them, increased his pace, came at them all in a rush to then fall on his knees and envelop the two in an enormous bear hug, one in each arm.

Her brow rose further.

"I trust this is the one whom you were seeking?" she asked, smiling in spite of the pain shooting from her hip, a pain she now found that took all of her meditative abilities to keep just within the range of tolerance.

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 01-10-2007 08:41 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The oily-ness lurking deep within, which had come to the surface, subsided a bit...

...and a portion of Shayla Stargazer which was much more the Shayla everyone knew crept forth. "I gave my life for her once," she replied coolly, simply. "I would do it a thousand times more. But, if she said no one else should enter...

...then so be it. There are other ways."

Dropping her one extended hand at that, Shayla stood motionless for a moment, her greeny-blue eyes piercing those of the lead warrior. Then, without so much as a word, Shayla knelt to the ground, her hands falling into her lap as she then closed her eyes. Stretching out into the Link which connected her with Graysith, she then channeled healing energies not only of the Force but of the All itself into the crumpled form of the Dark Lady of the Warriors, without moving so much as a milimeter from her place in front of the grand Receiving Hall doors.

[ 01-10-2007 08:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-10-2007 08:52 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The warrior gazed down upon the kneeling figure, flicked a glance back through the doors to the form of the Dark Lady.

Then without saying any other word he reached out, closed the doors, and after sorting out his rousing men, stationed them at their posts once again.

Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 01-10-2007 09:17 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran stood, his leg throbbing but the poison stopped eating away at him. He grabbed a long bandage from off the floor where a table had spilled and wrapped it tightly around his leg, covering the wound. He then tied it off and limped to join Phalomir and Jharu.

“I guess that means they don’t want to help us?” he asked. “I did say we wouldn’t have to kill Graysith if they helped, right?”

Thoran shook his head. “As if we could.” He looked into Phalomir’s eyes, coldly. “As if you could. I know what she means to you, but think of what she is becoming, and what she is probably going through internally right now.”

Thoran sighed.

“I could feel that power, it came right out of the Darker Realms, Phal. And that look in Shayla’s eyes, it was the same exact thing I saw in Panthar’s eyes, before the oily crap came out of him. A piece of that got into Gray’s spirit, I’m telling you, and it must have infected Shayla as well while she carried Gray inside of her. And I have a really bad feeling about who, or what, that darkness serves.”

Thoran shook his head and looked at Jharu, noticing he wasn’t just another healer.

“Oh, hey,” he said. “You look familiar. Do I know you?”

--------------------

The ancients are not the oldest, nor the wisest.

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.131.31.217
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-10-2007 09:35 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla cut a lethal look from the warrior to the door to the kneeling Shayla.

"Coward!" she hmmphed, now stepping boldly forth, jumping lithely over Shayla to come to a nose-to chest stop in front of the head warrior.

She glared up at him, still seething.

"I am not above the Law; I AM the Law!" she spat before shooting out an arm into the Sith's sternum, fingers together like spikes, bolstered by the innate powers she possessed yet did not know fully how to control.

The guard went flying up the door, up to the arching stone ceiling overhead, sliding there to come to a halt directly overhead. Ignoring the whump which sounded behind her, she shot forth her other hand, blasting the doors into splinters.

Lifting her attire daintily, she tiptoed up to the crumpled Lady of the Sith, and fell to her knees beside her.

"Oh, poor poor Mother," she sighed as she touched her lightly upon her head. For a moment she trembled; human half fighting nightmare within her, then settled at length in a protective posture over the yet unconscious Dark Lady of the Warriors.

[ 01-10-2007 09:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.116.135
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 01-10-2007 09:49 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea picked herself up off the ground carefully. She felt bruised but no more, yet was still reluctant to take another fall should the world spin again. She noticed Yaoski right after Link obliquely mentioned him. She hurried over to throw her arms around his neck, ignoring the conversation behind her.

"Thank goodness you're alright. We have to get away from this building. She is here. Shayla, the traitor. She's the one that betrayed the Jedi and got Cella killed. The reason I was with Master Shawn instead of at the Praxeum. She's tried to kill me once already, she'll do it again." Thea leaned in to whisper in his ear, afraid of offending the mysterious lady with them. "She turned to the Dark Side. She's a Sith. And I don't mean like Thoran but like Darth Vader was. She's dangerous. She'll stop at nothing to destroy the Jedi. You can't let her find me."

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 74.33.244.84
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 01-10-2007 10:03 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I hugged the little gal all the more fiercely, listening to her go on about Sith and Jedi being killed and Shayla being the cause of it all and Cella--

Cella...

My grip tightened to where Thea gave out a little squawk; jerking myself back to here and now, I let the arm encompassing Link now drop so the hand attached to it could attach itself on Thea's other shoulder. Half-kneeling, I stared her straight in the eye.

"I--" I paused a moment, remembering the darkness oiling in the blonde's eyes, remembering the sensation of utter cold that had pervaded my body, the feeling of complete hopelessness that had swept through my heart when she had stormed past me, luckily ignoring me as being no more than a bug to her.

My grip tightened again.

"I think you're right, hon."

Now I looked up to the elderly female Sith, who was doing a magnificent job of masking the fact that she was in obvious pain of some sort. Oh, not that her body language gave it away; it was, rather the brightness in her eyes.

"I think it's time we headed back to the Healing Chambers..." I said in an urgent voice, nodding my head back toward the direction from which I had come.

"There's something really not right here..."

I didn't even give the kids a chance to reply. I just got to my feet, grabbed a hand, warm and clammy, in one hand and another, soft and furry, in the other. Gesturing to the elderly Sith, I simply began moving swiftly down the hall again, trying to be as silent as a mouse so as to not draw any unwarranted attention our way.

[ 01-10-2007 10:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.135
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 01-10-2007 10:16 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Despite ShaRhylla's actions, Shayla heard little of what the young Heiress was doing or saying, so focused was she. Within that Link she shared, she continued to channel healing energies and All-power to revive her fallen Sister. Keenly Shayla sensed the dramatic strain Graysith's body had undergone, so she opened herself up to the Link even further, channeling even more through it...

...and thus through that Link Dark met Dark once more, and something oily danced and rejoiced in recognition. Still, beneath the this, something Else met as well...

...and through it Graysith's body began to recover from the stress it had undergone, stirring.

Come back to us, My Sister. My strength is yours... Shayla thoguht out, yet unmoving, her determination unshakable.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 01-10-2007 10:34 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron Barnes was so out of it never knew of the grand argument surrounding him....

...and wasn't aware of the shaking of the entire planet of K'eel Doba either. He slowly began to stir, however, coming to the awareness of several male voices nearby. Finding that he was actually feeling worlds better, despite a pain here or there, he opened one eye, then the other, and turned his head to the bed next to Thoran was not there.

Well,maybe Sith are really fast healers???

The voices started to grow clearer. Aaron could swear one of them was Thoran. Carefully, he sat up on his elbows, frowning as he noted an overturned table here and there, shifted furniture, including beds, and an unconscious healer on the floor.

What the hell...?

Frowning more deeply, Aaron swung his legs over the side of the bed, noting in shock that he was wearing some sort of robe for only a moment before focusing on far more important matters:

Three persons in the door: One Thoran, another Sith, and a very young Sith.

"Ummm...what the hell happened here?" he queried, still not fully awake.

[ 01-10-2007 10:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 01-10-2007 11:17 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu was taken back a step suddenly, fear as sharp as a razor blade cutting through is being, his muscles coiled reflexivly...reflexes his father had forged into him like a smith forges a blade to hold its edge...jharu had no intention of fighting...he had no desire to fight...but his body tightened non the less...

"wha...what do you mean...you might have to kill my mother? I dont know whats going on here, but that can not happen! Why would you have to kill my mother?" his voice was filled with concern, his mind spinning.

He heard the voice of the previously unconcious human, and turned, eyes locking onto him, "I...I dont know whats going on...but...but...I wont let them kill her...whatever is going on...there has to be a better way...no..."

His gaze darted back to thoran and phalomir, locking upon them "explain! tell me! whats going on?"

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 24.182.10.147
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 01-11-2007 04:02 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Yaoski's reaction only confirmed Thea's fears. Shayla was here and she had fallen further into darkness. Thea gripped his hand firmly hoping for support and calmness. She nervously tried to conceal the small Padawan's braid she had dutifully worn since leaving the Praxeum. She knew that a former Jedi would recognize it and her choice of clothing for the day would already be a beacon for any roving Sith out looking for Jedi prey. The last thing she wanted to let on was the fact that she was untrained and unsure of her abilities. Thea's heart was racing. At any moment she could be facing the monsters that tried to destroy all that she was.

Thea looked over at Yaoski and Link. They both seemed calm enough, yet she could not get rid of this overwhelming sense of fear. What have I gotten myself into? How could I just blindly walk into a Sith fortress? Why didn't I pay more attention to the final destination when we were told about this?

Trying not to panic, Thea did the only thing she could think of to steady her nerves. She began reciting her lessons. Listening to Cella's voice in her memories she began reciting the Code under her breath, concentrating on each word, letting her foster father guide her safely through the corridors.

"There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force...
There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force..."

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 74.33.244.84
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 01-11-2007 09:24 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Shayla remained in place on the floor by the grand Receiving Hall doors, the portion of her which was connected to Graysith ebbed and flowed with increasing Darkness. That darkness, supplanted by the knowledge that there were others who would seek to destroy Graysith, grew blacker and blacker til at length, after It was assured that she would recover, rose to the threat.

Smoothly, Shayla opened her eyes, looking down at the floor, and rose to her feet. "There is a threat to the Dark Lady's life which must be...

...addressed," Shayla then said quietly, her voice deceptively calm, her eyes not meeting those of any Sith warrior before her for the longest period of time. Finally, however, Shayla did look up, the oily other-ness now totally untraceable from her features. Nodding once then to the warriors at the doors of the Receiving Hall before moving further. "I shall return to await her," she said to them, turning on her heel and heading directly back the way she had come to begin with, drawing a Force-shield about herself to disguse herself from prying eyes and ears.

Only when she finally arrived at the entry-way to the Healing chambers where Lord Phalomir and the others stood chatting did Shayla stop in her tracks.

And there they all were, chatting about the Dark Lady's destruction as though it were the current topic on the Holonet...

"You will not destroy her!" Shayla snapped, her voice strill and yet strong at the same time as she interrupted the careless discussion. "You will not destroy us; such pale beings who sit and chat and make claims without action do not deserve to inherit the keys to the kingdom, nor the floors of its dungeons. Still..."

Rage intermingled with something that almost was akin to amusement swirled in the sea of Shayla's eyes. Before anyone in that room had a chance to react, she stretched out with one hand, palm outward and fingers extended...

...and let go. In a blinding moment, furniture began to shift across the room at an alarming rate of speed, wood began to splinter, glass to shatter...

...and all beings in the room were lifted into the air under her rather skillfull telekenetic ability.

"And rather that you all should die, I find it better that you should live, and know that your actions will always be futile, if in fact you ever deem it time to do anything at all."

Extending both hands then, both palms down, pure dark-Force shot forth from her, impacting every person in the room, slamming them against walls to then crumple to the floor.

In that moment, Shayla stretched out, darkness and rage and anger taking firm hold in her soul.

They would destroy the one in Perfect bAlance. This cannot be.

Reaching out one final time then, Shayla slammed the door of the entry-way where she stood, remaining there as the door boomed closed in finality behind her. Then she stretched out, seeking something deep within herself, something untrained yet still most certainly there.

They would destroy her unless they are stopped, and now...

[ 01-11-2007 10:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-11-2007 09:34 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The flame-headed figure lay crumpled along the steps of the dias, unmoving, nearly unbreathing. Over her ws bent the form of her daughter, that young lady one not really knowing what was planned or her own part in the play, for that matter. But the halfling held her position over the quiet figure, waiting...

And the Dark Lady's face abruptly rose.

Her eyes, brilliant violet, matched the Glyph now ablaze upon her forehead. Then bit by bit that electromagnetic splendor dampened, bit by bit the burning violet color of her eyes was supplanted by sickly, oily black.

A smile as dark crept slowly across her features...

"Goood, my S-sisssterr..." she hissed, a sound which would hold death itself in thrall.

"I had wondered for a time... but you redeem yourself, this time..."

Now she rose to her feet, banking the oil, adjusting her attire, calming herself until she was once again every bit the Dark Lady of the Warriors whom the Sith knew. She held out a hand to ShaRhylla, began stepping down from the dias when she stopped.

She cocked her head, concentrating.

He was back.

Her eyes slitted the tiniest bit; then she spoke, her voice as soft as spun spider's-silk.

"Come, my daughter; let us not be remiss in our duties as Ladies of the Temple and thus Hostesses to our guests."

Her lip curled in a crocodile smile, and she swept through the splintered doors, her halfling daughter in tow, heading toward the Royal Healing Chambers of the Temple.

[ 01-11-2007 09:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-11-2007 09:44 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The little gals and I were running now, and fast approaching the Healing Chamber, the elderly Sith lady left in our wake. We rounded the final corner, headed down the last corridor...

... only to run smack into what sounded like a murder of rancors disemboweling a herd of rontos. Slowly, and with great determination.

Our momentum carried us the final meters to the Chamber, worry now lending its helpful touch in moving us along.

Oh ye ghods, I hope that doesn't bode ill for Aaron...!

We didn't lose a lick of that momentum as we skidded up to the door, which I somehow must have opened even as we moved, for I sure as hell don't remember much other than us bursting into the room...

I knew it was her before I even took a really good look, for once again I was filled with a chill as icy as space.

Oh HELL.

I released Thea's and Link's hands, and shoved them behind me.

"Get back to the nice lady Sith... NOW!" I ordered as beads of sweat sprang up on my brow and began trickling insidiously into my eyes.

[ 01-11-2007 10:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-11-2007 09:58 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I guess I wasn't as scared as everyone else appeared to be, probably because of the fact I had no knowledge of the force or the sith, to me it was magic. That all changed when I saw the healing chamber. Scattered about it was splintered wood and shatered glass and stone. While I knew little of sith decoration it was unlikely that these items where there for this purpose.

What was interesting was that the rubble could have been created by weapons fire, but none of it appeared to have been caused by blasters, and even stranger still was the fact that all of it looked as if it was physically torn apart from the inside. Whatever could do that would scare me.

I grabbed Thea with my good arm and almost dragged her as I retreated out the door.

"Yaoksi is right on this one Thea, we run."

I ran back towards the direction that we came from hoping those in the room would be to busy to care about a ryn and a human running away.

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 65.184.238.14
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 01-11-2007 10:17 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stirred, his massive body twisted on the floor. He rose to his feet, head ringing from the impact it took when his horns hit the stone wall. But, luckily for him, it was his horns and not his head proper.

He looked around at the ruined room, and the devastation incurred within. All about the wall was strewn beds and linen and equipment, covering and supporting various bodies. Some stirred, others did not, twisted in unnatural ways, and in one case a head faced upwards when the body did not.

Phalomir felt a heat rising within him, and when his eyes came to rest on the blonde woman standing in the room, as if waiting, his magick instinctively rose to defense.

“Shayla!” he bellowed, fire in his voice. “This is not the way!”

He stopped, inhaling deeply.

“It never has been,” his voice lowered. “I will not let her die, not again. There two things most important to me, and she is the crux of both. Even in your demented state, you must see this.”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.163.199.253
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 01-11-2007 10:20 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla cocked her head slightly, her eyes icy, ire stil roiling in their depths. "Indeed," she responded coolly, meeting Phalomir's gaze with head on. "You talk and talk and talk..."

She trailed, her eyes slitting, "But what do you intend to do?"

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 01-11-2007 10:22 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
His mind pounded, and his world spun...things had happened so fast...where was he now? lieing on the floor of the healing chamber, against the wall...Ironic...that he would be injured in a place of healing...

Slowly his world stabalized, and the boy stood...Stood and looked around, standing still while his balanced returned.

he looked in time to see phalomirs back, and heard a ringing as perhaps someone yelled...maybe it was phalomir...he wasnt sure, everything was still fuzzy...Hold fast jharu...a Warrior soul...approach every problem. Be true...Be true...

He heard the quiet presence of the elresar at his side within his mind, and nodded...the swords words made perfect sense to him...He must approach the problem calmly and be true to himself. Though he didnt understand what was going on, he could not let the first glance of things disturb his judgement...

His senses returned and he came to view the sight of phalomir and shayla facing eachother, quietly the words rolled in an almost timid fashion, like a boy who had just learned not to stick his finger in a light socket.

"will somebody...please tell me what is going on? and why people want to kill my mother?"

[ 01-11-2007 10:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jharu ]

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 24.182.10.147
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 01-11-2007 10:39 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Hold fast, son,” said Phalomir, not taking his eyes from Shayla.

“Shayla, unless you bear claim to the Clan over which I hold lordship,” he said flatly, “you will let me pass now and not attack me again. I will hold counsel with my lady and finally obtain the facts I came here to find. I know she is here.”

Phalomir stepped forward, towards the door, and continued to walk towards the gaping pale human he saw there, waiting to see what Shayla intended.

[ 01-11-2007 10:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.152.233.83
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-11-2007 10:52 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It took every bit of will I possessed to keep myself planted in the doorway.

Yegods, all I wanted to do was help get Captain Danner back again, I owed him that much! And his spunky little wife, and the rest of Aaron's missing friends.

Then I wanted nothing more than to celebrate with them all in the biggest hot spring Sullust had to offer... assuming the Impys had left them in one piece, that is.

But here I was instead, right in the middle of some kind of weird nightmare from which I just couldn't seem to wake up. A fleeting image of white fur and a braid niggled then in the corner of my mind, and I firmed, clenching my jaws.

Damned if I wasn't going to give the kids as much running room as I could; I'd figure out a way to get to them later.

If there was a later.

And so I stood my ground, my eyes trying to be everywhere at once, my lips now bleeding for the way I was so furiously chewing them, suddenly conscious of the blaster in my hand.

[ 01-11-2007 10:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 01-11-2007 11:17 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla merely firmed, not moving an inch. "You will not speak with her, for the Receiving Hall doors are guarded and no one is allowed entrance," she said smoothly, coolly.

Then turning to Yaoksi, she smiled a bit darkly at his pointed blaster. "Now that will do you little good," she commented, first pointing to his blaster and then stretching out with the Force to pluck it from his hands and draw it to her own.

"Perhaps you should instead be concerned with your friend over there," she continued, nodding to Aaron, who was down for the count on the floor once more.

Stretching out once more to her senses then, the darkness within her sensed the approach of familar darkness. "at any rate, she comes now," Shayla commented, looking down momentarily as she glared at the blaster in her grasp, recalling a day when another weapon--her own lightsaber--had dissolved from her grasp for eternity.

Indeed, such weapons were the used by the hands of those who knew little of something far Greater to be held...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05