my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Destiny Uncertain (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Destiny Uncertain
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-22-2006 10:14 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla's eyes shot daggers at Phalomir as she sidled even closer to Shayla. One daintily clawed hand reached out to roost lightly upon the young woman's shoulder.

"Take a care," she hissed, whispering.

"He would use love, just as you have already pointed out to me.

"Remember?"

Her eyes never left Phalomir, but now her hand squeezed Shayla tightly, as if in warning.

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-22-2006 10:22 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla nodded in agreement with ShaRhylla's words. The greeny-blue depths of Shayla's eyes turned to ice as she stared deeply into Phalomir's emerald eyes, unflinching.

"Why do you ask me something you have not attempted to determine for yourself, if you are in fact that concerned about him?"

She quieted a moment at that, snorting a bit in irritation. "And why do you ask me of him when there is so much more at stake here?"

[ 12-22-2006 10:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 12-22-2006 10:31 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“I ask,” he said, “because I am concerned. Galen, Panthar, Shawn, Jasyn, Matt, they all are looking for him right now. It concerns me that you are not concerned. You are his wife, Shayla, does that not mean something? It is logical to assume that you either truly do not care, or that you already know where he is.”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-22-2006 10:52 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"No," Shayla replied flatly, anger beginning to rise from underneath the surface. "There is something else you seek in this line of questioning aside from the whereabouts of one Erik Kartan," she growled, her eyes boring into those of the Sith Lord. "I will not be defined by my marriage to him, nor by any thing any person terms me as. I am Shayla Stargazer Petrolu, and I will have no more of your questions. For you will believe whatever it is you choose to believe of me...

...as will he. In the end, however, these small mundane things matter not."

She quieted. "There is in the end only the Greater Good which must be served. He therefore matters not to me; not any longer. There are far greater things...

... far greater things."

She paused once more, glancing over to ShaRhylla. "I tire of these questions, and as the Second to the Chosen Daughter and as her very own Daughter, neither one of us should have to contend with them any longer than we desire. Let us depart.

Now."

[ 12-22-2006 11:09 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 12-22-2006 11:04 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir nodded.

“Very well,” he said. “It shall be a long road to achieve what it is you seek, a triad not ruled by matters of the heart. It will not be easy, as the heart rules with an iron fist. I wish you luck, my friends.”

His eyes narrowed slighty.

“And I thank you for allowing me use of the Revealer. I need to find a suitable place for the new Temple of the Armorers, for I intend to revive the Clan and bring it back to its place within the triad.”

He bowed his head in honor of the ladies.

“When you see Jharmeen, please tell her I wish to speak with her. Not only of matters of the heart, but matters of the existing Triad as well.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-22-2006 11:15 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla couldn't stand it any longer. While she had been standing in silence throughout this conversation, she now found what was to her a good enough reason to speak up once again.

"Your quest is a futile one, Lord," she sneered, taking a step now toward Phalomir.

"For we have no longer any use for so archaic a clan as yours. The powers we hold shall provide us with anything we need; we will soon lift up our people from the need for any mere machines or devices."

She crossed her arms, blinding insight suddenly striking, telling her with solid assurety exactly why the New Triad would be composed of three ladies, and who those ladies were.

She knew. In her heart, she knew.

"Go back to the confusion from which you have sprung, for you are only destined to become an archaic curiosity to our people."

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 12-22-2006 11:47 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Then perhaps you will listen to the guidance and wisdom of those who have come and gone before you,” said Phalomir. “But until you have succeeded in you new Heartless Triad, it is the old ways the Sith shall return to. I do not wish to be adversaries, I wish to do what is best for the Sith. If you explain to me what you intend to do, then we can see what the benefits may be for the Sith.”

Phalomir’s face softened slightly.

“As you speak of matters of the heart, we can no more afford to have a ruling class who is mad with power. We have seen that in the past, and without love – for the race, for the worlds, for the people – then what is left but the desire for power?”

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-22-2006 11:57 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A flicker of something glinted in Shayla's eyes for the baret of moments. "Your love blinds you to the very risk it holds for her, and for the entire Sith race," Shayla said coolly, cryptically.

"Ask what questions you desire to ask to the Revealer...

...but be wary of holding to old ancient ways. For if it is learning from the past you speak of...

...consider this: history tends to repeat itself. The Triad already failed the Sith once."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 12-22-2006 11:59 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"That is where you are wrong, Shayla," he smiled. "It was not the Triad that failed, it was the greed and lust for power within it. Let us sit soon and discuss your plans, I am anxious to hear them."

He took a step near the revealer.

"Do you wish to assist me in locating a new location for the Temple?"

[ 12-23-2006 12:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-23-2006 12:25 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla glowered.

"Nonsense!" she spat, now striding forward to come to a halt directly in front of Phalomir.

"You seek to beguile us with soft words; I believe you not! By your very blood you are in league with this Darkness that seeks to destroy us all."

She paused, rose up on her tiptoes.

"Your words of love reveal only weakness, Lord; a weakness our enemies can only take advantage of. We are strong, strong enough and with power enough to defend the Sith against that which comes."

Settling flat on her feet again, she took a step back, sneered down her nose at him.

"You are not welcome on this world any longer; go back to the darkness and the treachery that speaks with so secretive and confounding a tongue, and tell it that it has failed. We shall not only rule the Sith, but shall guide them into a new future where the stagnant ways of old shall be no longer necessary.

"I know my mother, and I feel I am quite able to speak for her when I say she has no wish to discuss anything with you, or to see you at all. Go back to Kori'sian, and rule that planet of ghosts; but remain away from K'eel Doba!"

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-23-2006 12:50 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A million thoughts whirled through Shayla's mind; thoughts of the Greater Good, of the two sides to every coin...

...and of the boiling anger rising within her that she couldn't fully grasp. At least; not initially. But something in ShaRhylla's last words struck a nerve, suddenly making it all fall into place.

"Your words of love reveal only weakness, Lord; a weakness our enemies can only take advantage of..."

There it was, the source of that something Shayla Stargazer couldn't quite put her finger on.

"Wait," she whispered softly, extending a hand to place it on ShaRhylla's arm, the motion a soft and smooth one...

...which was in total opposition to the look she now bestowed upon Lord Phalomir. "If you love her so, how can you simply dismiss the vision of her falling to her death, with a child that is presumably yours in her arms?"

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 12-23-2006 11:55 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir’s face slackened, his eyes growing darker.

“That vision was a warning to me,” he said. “Showing me the failure of choosing power over love. In this vision I have grown cold, lost on the road to power, of controlling the galaxy. In that vision I have forsaken my love for her and my people, and have been consumed with the need for more power. At the heart of this all was the Finger of R’Lous. But I do not fear this image, for my heart IS guiding my path. My love is strong, and it makes ME stronger. That is something that you once knew, Shayla.”

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-23-2006 12:26 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla cocked her head. "You claim this is no more than a vision of what would be...

...and yet it still exists despite your choice. Beware the assumptions that you make...

...love can be twisted to become something so strong that it becomes the very evil you wish to avoid. Nothing in life is black and white, my friend."

She paused then, her eyes growing hard and distant. "You are so quick to judge, and so so heedless in your conclusions, my Lord. Think you so little of the one whom you claim to love already, and of me, her Adept and Chosen Sister, as well? Small minds do think in small terms, I suppose."

Once more she paused, nodding towards the Revealer. "Ask your questions, unless you fear you have something to hide from us. After all, there is much more to come that we should concern ourselves with aside from this pointless bickering and squabbling. The Yuuzhan Vong are returning...

...and perhaps sooner than you believe."

[ 12-23-2006 12:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 12-25-2006 05:41 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir let out a long sigh.

“Visions are just that,” he said. “Shades of what could be, left fully to interpretation, of which no two will be alike. It is pointless to argue about such a thing, especially with such a threat as the Vong approaching us. What you plan on doing, the changes you wish to make, these things cannot be decided unilaterally. Putting my personal wishes to see Jharmeen aside, I wish to meet with her and Lord Aelvedaar in a gathering of the existing Triad to make plans for the future of the Sith. Do you, as her second, believe she would agree to this much?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-25-2006 07:46 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla practically shrugged. "What does it matter what I think she would do?" she then queried. "And as for unilateral decisions, my Lord...

...one must wonder what decisions you are making on your own as well, considering you have yet to perform the research you stated you came here for."

Quieting at that, she simply regarded him coolly with her greeny-blue eyes.

[ 12-25-2006 07:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 12-25-2006 08:43 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir studied Shayla, his face a mixture of curiosity, confusion, and concern.

“Yes,” he said. “I suppose it does not matter what you think, only the Dark Lady can say for herself. But I was hopeful.”

Phalomir turned towards the Revealer.

“I am need of research,” he began. “The Diamond of the Sith is broken, and the Armorers are without a temple. As Dark Lord of the Armorers, I intend to rebuild the Clan, and must find a suitable location for the temple. With both Korrisian and Korriban in the Elseness, is there another world within the influence of the Sith, one that would be suitable to colonize for the Armorers?”

The Revealer lit up, the dimmed, then lit again.

The influence of the Sith has changed since the rebirth. But there are planets still uninhabited that were once outposts. One such lies near the Diamond of the Sith, small and desert, yet inhabitable by those with determination.

The image within the Revealer darkened and again showed a star map, highlighting a small planet within the orbit of a sun near the red star of the Sith.

Phalomir’s eyes widened.

“Inhabitable?” he asked himself. “It is not far, I should wish to visit this world. But to do so I shall have to run the blockade, or communicate with our Mr. Sorben. Shayla, do you have any idea at all when Jharmeen might return?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 64.12.116.135
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-25-2006 10:17 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Soon," Shayla replied flatly. "But in the meantime I think she would appreciate that you respect that this is the Home of the Warriors, and she is the Dark Lady of the Warriors."

Pausing at that, Shayla glanced over to ShaRhylla, then continued. "Likewise I would appreciate that you consider that I am her Second, and I along with her Daughter would greatly appreciate that, while you remain here, you do so as the guest that you are. Were there a Dark Lord here, would you not do as much?"

Pausing at that, Shayla cocked her head slightly, the look in her eyes arrowing deeply into Phalomir's, intense, hard, and very pointed. "Do you wish to remain in the Temple and wait for the Dark Lady of the Warriors to return? She will most certainly be informed of your visit..."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 12-25-2006 11:17 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Yes,” said Phalomir, his eyes narrowing. “I am aware that this is the home of the Warriors.” He patted the tattoo emblazoned on his left cheek. “Keenly aware.”

He then folded his hands before and lowered his head slightly.

“And I do wish to remain in the Temple to await the Dark Lady. If it pleases you, I would care to continue to use the rooms I have been occupying for the past several weeks. I am sorry if I have taken liberties, I thought my station with the Dark Lady to be higher than it obviously is....”

Phalomir paused, not letting his thoughts go where they wanted to go.

“And I thank you for the hospitality, Shayla.”

Phalomir cocked his head and looked back up.

“I apologize,” he said. “I did not congratulate you upon your appointment as the Dark Lady’s second. This is quite an honor! Is there a more appropriate way I should address you?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.146.66.24
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-25-2006 11:41 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla didn't bat an eye, nor did she succumb to any attempts to feed her ego. "I am simply Shayla Stargazer Petrolu, Chosen Sister and Adept of the Dark Lady," she responded. She turned and looked towards ShaRhylla, who remained quiet, glowering. "I would like to return to the Temple, wouldn't you?" she asked the younger woman casually enough. Then she turned and looked Phalomir dead in the eye. "I trust you will be accompanying us on our journey back there, my Lord?"

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 12-25-2006 11:46 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir smiled.

“Certainly,” he said. “If you don’t mind the company. I think I have obtained the information I need, and will eagerly await the Dark Lady’s return. During my stay, with your permission, I would like to revisit some locations in the city I have missed since my last visits here.”

Phalomir held out his hands.

“Miladies?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.146.66.24
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-26-2006 01:07 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla stood frozen in stunned disbelief throughout this little tete-a-tete. For to her way of thinking, it was as if Phalomir had completely dismissed her.

And that was something she had never liked, nor would she ever come close to entertaining.

Snorting in disgust, her eyes beginning to smolder even more, she stepped up to Phalomir and thrust her face up into his nose.

"I said you were not welcome on this planet!" she seethed. Pausing for breath she continued, summoning what little she knew from Shayla's earlier words to her and summarily deducing the remainder.

"You have found your pitiful information; go off to your dreary desert and create your Temple to the Ghosts. For we shall no longer be in need of the Armorers; indeed, not even of the Sorcerers! All the Sith need now is the strength of the warriors, who shall now be led not as a silly clan but as an entire people. There shall be no factions any longer, only the Sith!"

Widening her stance now, she pointed to the door.

"The etiquette and soft words you try to speak do not fool me, nor will they sway me. Mother's Second has already suffered enough from you; begone now!"

Snapping her mouth closed, she stamped her foot for emphasis.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 12-26-2006 04:06 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir looked ShaRhylla squarely in the eyes, fighting a sudden and unexpected impulse to send the young halfling sailing into the wall.

“With all due respect to your possible future position,” he said, “the current ruling body of the Sith is still the Triumvirate made up of myself, your mother, and Lord Aelvedaar. I will respect the wishes of the Dark Lady, for in the dealings of her Clan her commands carry more weight than either mine or Aelvedaar’s. Shayla, as second, holds the next highest position within this Clan. But when it comes to matters of state for the Sith as a whole, the Triumvirate takes precedance. I understand your wishes, Lady ShaRhylla, but I cannot simply leave because you do not like me. When your mother has explained her plans for a new ruling body, and if we agree, then I will bow to you. But this change you wish will not happen just because you said it is has happened, and until then I ask for the respect due to a Dark Lord of the Sith.”

Phalomir looked back to Shayla.

“I am sorry, I do not wish a confrontation. I only wish to hold court with the Dark Lady and Lord Aelvedaar. If you wish me to leave, Shayla, then I shall do so.”

[ 12-26-2006 04:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-26-2006 04:45 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla crossed her arms, suddenly feeling very angry with all that was transpiring. "Very well then," Shayla responded, quite nearly growling. "But I wonder, what is it you need to discuss further with the Dark Lady regarding her plnas? For you already know of them, and you have seen nothing to validate any suspicions that she is not acting within the confines of the current Triumvarite despite them."

"And I would also ask you to consider this," she continued, pausing a moment to glance at the smouldering ShaRhylla before continuing. "I am Graysith's Second by her own choice, just as Aeylmaar is Lord Aelvedaar's son by choice. ShaRhylla, however, is Graysith's flesh and blood. That in itself carries a great deal of weight, more so that it appears you are willing to give to her."

Pausing once more at that, Shayla was already certain she had had quite enough of this...

...as was she of other things as well. "You know, strange I find it you would place so little weight on the vision shown by this device," here she paused, indicating the Revealer, "Yet you would place so much on words regarding a female triad. As you so eloquently pointed out, just because it is a possible future, that does not make it so."

She paused for emphasis. "Yet."

Another moment of silence slipped past, one edged with ice. "You speak of a meeting of the Triad, including Lord Aelvedaar." She glanced over to ShaRhylla, sending her a meaningful look before returning her gaze to Phalomir. "If your wish is to ask that the Dark Lady meet with you and the Sorceror Lord, I will give her this message; after all, there is no need of you staying to corner her here, that is unless you do not trust her to carry through on your request..."

Shayla paused, reality suddenly slamming into her. "...or unless the Sorceror Lord is already here with you."

[ 12-26-2006 04:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 12-26-2006 05:01 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir thought of many things to say regarding the indirect accusations being tossed about, but in the end said nothing of it. He had seen enough, heard enough. This debate would do nothing but widen the gap that was developing between himself and Shayla, and he was not pleased with the direction it was going.

“Lord Aelvedaar arrived with me,” he said. “But he was called away to aid with an emergency. I expect him to return, assuming it would not take more than half a day. He should be fully capable of dealing with matters alone, but he was to call upon me if my assistance was needed. If you please, I would like to leave messages for both Lord Aelvedaar and Lady Jh- Graysith. I will explore the planet we saw in the Revealer, and hope he and she will contact me when they are ready.”

Phalomir nodded to both women and began walking for the door.

“I have a ship in port,” he added. “If you will allow me some time to gather my items, I shall trouble you no more today.”

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-26-2006 09:54 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla was fairly spitting fire by this time.

Trembling with barely contained rage, she clenched her fists even tighter.

"We shall escort you to your ship... Lord!" she spat in a low snarl, cutting her eyes to Shayla's and nodding her head but once. For as much as she was growing to loathe being in any sort of proximity to this towering and what she deemed to be very dangerous Sith, she loathed even more to allow him out of their sight.

At least not while he was their supposed guest in Phrinnchatka.

[ 12-26-2006 10:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05