my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Destiny Uncertain (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Destiny Uncertain
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 12-28-2006 09:58 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir shrugged and stood, wrapping the cloth around his mid-section and tucking the end in tightly.

“I find my modesty has long since taken its leave,” he said. “Perhaps the natives of the seventh moon of Hydrae had it right by wearing nothing at all. To them, clothing hides the true nature of a person.”

Phalomir turned again to Shayla.

“I will try to call the assassin, if you think it is needed. But why?”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.165.209.77
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-28-2006 10:15 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla opened her mouth to respond to Phalomir's question, her eyes growing dark...

...only to find what she had originally thought as pure logic grinding to a screeching halt. Her mouth hung slightly open for a moment; she had to really think about it to close it and give herself over to thought.

What had been the reason for bringing Rykounagin here now? To take him from the Master? To torture him? To make him their own slave?

Shayla frowned a bit. Well, he was already unable to cause harm to anyone here so long as he was bound to Phalomir. But...

"Your dear Father intends to insert the fool assasin into the Darker Realms to retrieve something. After losing his own power there, I do not believe the Master will return to there himself to get what he wants because he is powerless without it. We need to stop Rykounagin's quest before it begins."

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 12-28-2006 10:25 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir rubbed his chest.

“He doesn’t feel powerless,” he said. “What is it he wishes retrieved? The Tower is gone.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.165.209.77
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-28-2006 10:43 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
From across the room the halfling piped up again.

"He wants what is mine!" she growled, spitting fire.

"I found it, and He took it from me, he put a sleeping spell on me and he stole it!"

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-28-2006 10:46 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla looked a moment at the seething ShaRhylla, and then turned to Phalomir, her look turning dark. "You saw what happened to the Tower, and to your Father...

...and you know how the Tower was destroyed to begin with...

...so why do you ask questions to which you should already know the answer anyway?"

She trailed, crossing her arms...

...and suddenly deciding something as she then turned to Rhylla. "You know, if the Assasin is bound to him," she then stated, pointing towards Phalomir, "And he is going to be placed in the Darker Realms by the Master anyway...

...we could just take from the Darker Realms what it is he trying to take for himself before either gets there."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-28-2006 10:51 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla's lip curled.

"I'm ready!" she said darkly, coming back up to the other two. There she paused, looking back and forth between them but not really taking either of them in.

"I've been there, it knows me, it would be easy..."

Still staring off into middle space, smiling at black memories only she could see, she trailed off into silence, smiling.

[ 12-28-2006 10:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 12-28-2006 10:59 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Actually,” he continued, “it knows all of us. It was originally stolen by him from your mother. It is the thing that was given to me by Lord Rean, as a test, I am sure, and I refused it. It is very dangerous, ShaRhylla, and it manipulates. I did not see the destruction of the tower, but I was told of what happened. Lord Aelvedaar believes a Nar Kelba was used, and the combination of the two are dangerous beyond belief. I do not think the Master should be allowed to possess it, but in truth I fear of anyone possessing it.”

Phalomir scratched his head.

“It does not make much sense to me, though. If the Master is in league with this darkness, as you say, then why does he need to steal the Finger?”

He shrugged and sighed.

“Either way, the Finger should be destroyed.”

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-28-2006 11:05 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's brows rose, her look darkening. "Because the Darkness has turned against him," she observed flatly, evenly. "His recovery of the Finger is the only way he can regain the control he needs."

Shayla then turned a bit to look sideways at ShaRhylla. "And we should await your mother, as instructed, before doing anything further...

...talking any further to this one included," she ended with, motioning towards Phalomir.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-28-2006 11:05 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla shook her head, adamant now, but focused only on Phalomir's one statement.

"No!" she corrected, fisting her hands.

"It was not originally taken from him by Mother; originally it was stolen from me, by him!

"I found it, in the mountains, in a cave; it had called to me, because I had lived there.

"I-- I thought it was-- was Him."

A bit of logic wormed its way up throughh the layers of Sith brandy she had consumed, warning her to shut her mouth before she disclosed anything else she might not wish those present to know. Wrinkling her nose with distaste at herself, she then did just that.

[ 12-28-2006 11:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 12-29-2006 10:02 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“What him,” asked Phalomir, concern in his voice. “Who would call to you from the mountains, ShaRhylla?”

Her silence was expected, so Phalomir continued.

“I know it is difficult for you to believe me, let alone trust me, but I truly do not want to see any of you hurt. This could be important, ShaRhylla, please. What has happened to you? Who would call you?”

Phalomir waited, visions of a black day in his own life, when he met the man of tar. And a name whispered through his mind, a name he had heard during his imprisonment within the Tower, and a chill crept through him. An welcomed piece to a dark puzzle was waiting to drop into place.

[ 12-29-2006 10:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-29-2006 12:16 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A razored blade of pain stabbed deeply into ShaRhylla, followed immediately by one of utter rage. Her eyes pooled with hot tears as before her eyes a dark visage swam up, one red of eye and sultry of voice.

She clenched her hands more tightly, swaying both with the effects of the brandy she had consumed and the effort of remaining silent. Somehow... something ingrained into her very being was whispering to her to remain still, to not give in, to not reveal--

To protect.

Memories arose then, ones forced into her consciousness, masking memories, ones intended to muddle her further. She clasped the sides of her head with both hands, struggling against them before suddenly giving in with a little sigh.

One in particular popped up, mocking her: it was the one in which she and Rykounagin were speaking of how they both appeared destined to be manipulated by others, where the halfling had vowed back she no longer would be a mere puppet to anyone.

Her eyes snapped open and pinned themselves upon Phalomir. Quite suddenly, he appeared to be the lesser of two evils.

"It was Him, the Dark One; he called himself Entaris, and he took me from this place--"

A trembling hand swept around, indicating not merely the Healing Chamber but the entirety of the Sith planet about them.

"M-mother retrieved me, she destroyed him I thought... and then one night he called to me and I found the thing in the cave."

She blinked, struggling against that which was yet ingrained within her.

"What is it?" she finally managed to whisper.

"And what is this Nar Kelba that you spoke of?"

[ 12-29-2006 12:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-29-2006 01:01 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla Stargazer's look darkened. "It is an item that belongs to your Mother, that was stolen from her in a foolish move by Terrin Danner," Shayla growled, memories of her own suddenly playing across her mind's eye of a day seemingly eons ago, when she had found Graysith, wounded, sans one finger...

...and all because of those who would be so foolish as to muddle in the affairs of something much greater--and unknown--to themselves. "I believe the Nar Khelba not only kills, but destroys the soul of a Force user. I do not know exactly how it destroyed the Tower...

...but therein lies the strangeness of all this. For while the Tower was apparently destroyed at one point, it has now returned."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 12-29-2006 01:20 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Soul?" ShaRhylla sniffled, perplexed.

"Force user? Why would the Master need this then?"

She swallowed, regaining her composure, though she was yet a trifle on the tipsy side. Frowning, she tried to concentrate, a feat most difficult for her under normal circumstances.

"Which is this soul-killer, the thing the Master is trying to retrieve or the Nar Kelba? For it sounds as if there are two items now that he is looking for...

"Who has it-- them now, anyway?" she finally asked.

[ 12-29-2006 01:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 01-01-2007 11:09 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir, still reeling from hearing the name that Shayla spoke, snapped his eyes back to her.

“I do not know for certain who has them, but there is an odd sort of sense coming to light. This thing, the Finger of R’lous, it is deceitful. When I held it, it spoke to me. It was very convincing, telling me things I wanted to hear. Perhaps the things I most wanted to hear… But I believe that is how it operates, how it manipulates others to do what it wants them to do. But perhaps it found you, ShaRhylla, and told you the things it knew you wanted to hear.”

Phalomir scowled.

“And now Roan has it, or vice-versa. And—“

Phalomir paused again, realizing what Shayla had just said. He looked to her slowly.

“Shayla, did you say the Tower has returned?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 01-01-2007 11:20 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Yes," Shayla replied simply. "As for who has the Nar Khelba and the Finger..."

She traied then, turning to ShaRhylla as her eyes defocused and darkened, "I'm afraid it is not the former Dark Lord who holds possession of it."

She paused again. "He does."

[ 01-01-2007 11:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-01-2007 11:31 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The halfling was growing more than just a tad wee peeved.

"Would somebody answer my question!" she miffed with a stamp of her foot.

"What does this Finger do, just worm into one's mind and promise it whatever one wishes to hear? That's not very dangerous, I wouldn't think, especially now that we are aware of the fact that this is what it does.

"Or is there more?"

She sent a questioning look back and forth between Phalomir and Shayla, letting that look finally come to rest upon the latter.

[ 01-01-2007 11:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 01-01-2007 11:40 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla shook her head. "I know little of what the Finger does and even less about how it does it," she admitted. "I saw your Mother use it once, against Thoran. Whatever the Finger did to him, it destroyed his body."

Shayla's frown deepened, and she turned to look at Phalomir, the questions ShaRhylla had just asked now refecting in her own eyes.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 01-01-2007 11:42 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“It’s the reason it manipulates that makes it dangerous,” Phalomir nodded. “It has some sort of goal, of this I am certain. Trying to position itself to be in the right hands for whatever reason, at whatever time. I wonder what it promised him?”

Phalomir shook his head.

“It allows the wielder to combine Sith magick with the All, providing an extremely powerful and dangerous energy. Combined with the Nar Kelba, who knows what it could do, beyond destroying the Tower. As for him, as lord of the Darker Realms, he would control Roan. He could force Roan to do things, say things… which would mean he wanted ShaRhylla and Rykounagin to…”

Phalomir trailed, turning his attention to the tipsy ShaRhylla.

“And I suspect he was responsible for holding Aelvedaar prisoner, and impersonated him for so long. He could also be impersonating Roan, for that matter…”

And for how long has he been doing just that? Indeed, he had us all fooled as Aelvedaar, could he have been impersonating Roan all the time before I killed him? If that is the case, then ShaRhylla is…

“We cannot allow the Finger to be used again.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 01-02-2007 11:52 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Yaoksi and the injured Aaron Barnes, following the pushed Thea, erupt into this thread from The Siege of a Soul in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

"I'm history, THORAN GET CEL!"

With that I dropped the hydrospanner, snatched up the entirely too pale Aaron, slung him over my shoulders with a strength inspired by pure terror, and shot to the Portal.

"K'kihl!!" I roared en route, and then everything went black and greeny-gold and suddenly there was--

--light and polite chatter and the clink of dinnerware.

I tumbled to the thankfully familiar stones of the floor, feeling the thankfully familiar heat of a nearby fireplace against my skin. Just managing to not whap Aaron against said stones, I caught myself on one knee--

Oww. Damn that's just gonna go SWELL with my ankle!!

--and shakily managed to regain my footing. Beneath the astounded stares of a wealth of Sith, I tottered to a nearby divan and deposited Aaron on it.

I then slumped to the floor, resting my head for a moment against the cushions behind me.

I closed my eyes with relief; then felt an upwelling rush of pain.

"My ship--!" I mourned.

A clatter of insectoid feet approached, and stopped in the nearby vicinity.

"My hydrospanner..." came an equally sad clack of mandibles.

[ 01-03-2007 12:17 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 01-03-2007 12:05 AM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron Barnes was feeling like 7 kinds of hell had stabbed sliced thorugh him, and he was feeling a bit faint...

...but he wasn't too not with it to not know what was going on. Granted, his personal view of everything now included a rather nice looking ceiling, but he could still sense eyes on him.

Startled eyes. Hopefully friendly ones, though.

Then, upon hearing Yaoksi's lament, Aaron immediately felt horrible for the man. After all, he knew how a spacer could be about his ship; man, did he know.

"Hell," he groaned, feeling a bit woozy as he shifted his head sideways, "I'm sorry."

Then realizing that their party wasn't complete, he made a final comment. "Oh kriffing hell, Thoran and Cel?"

[ 01-03-2007 12:06 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 01-03-2007 12:11 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I just lay where I was, my racing heart slowing bit by bit.

"I-- they--" I began, then swallowed.

Hell, did we lose them?

I shuddered, cracked open one eye. Images of gradually approaching beings filled it, all claws and horns and fangs and red of skin...

I shuddered again, snapping the eye closed.

"I can only hope they're coming, I haven't heard the Portal close yet--

"Oh HELL!! ARE ANY OF THOSE DAMNED THINGS GETTING IN HERE?!?"

I shot upright at that, trying to put my eyes everywhere at once, much to the consternation and probable shock of our onlookers.

[ 01-03-2007 12:12 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 01-03-2007 12:14 AM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Thoran, Cel, and K’khil join the others into this thread from The Siege of a Soul in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

Cel landed with a thud on the hard stones. A blast of light emanated from behind the portal, followed by a shout and a diving Thoran.

Without hesitation he closed the portal, the angry cries of the other imp swallowed in the muffling schlick of space and time returning together.

The cold stones felt welcoming, more so than the pain he felt in his leg.

“Sith brandy…” he croaked, rolling to his back and grabbing his leg. “A double!”

--------------------

The ancients are not the oldest, nor the wisest.

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.144.250.151
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-03-2007 12:23 AM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A major domo appeared in a fluster of authority, took one look, sniffed fastidiously, and began barking orders.

"Healers! Water! Brandy!"

The Sith froze solid for the merest of moments, then burst into action. A young lady came over to Aaron and Yaoksi, asking after them and offering them cool, clear water to drink, while yet another approached the obviously injured Cel, offering to get her whatever she needed as she ushered her to another couch.

A third took the stunned Thea under her wing, mother-henned her to the nearest booth and ordered up some mynock milk for her, while yet another came up to the howling Thoran and dropped to her knees.

"Is there anything else we can bring you whilst we await the Healers?" she asked him prettily enough, handing him a brandy while studiously avoiding the large, and enlarging, black and purple and violet-dripping hole that looked to be engulfing his leg.

[ 01-03-2007 12:32 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 01-03-2007 12:30 AM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran smiled the best he could, then gave up trying. The wound was insufferably painful. When the brandy arrived he poured a small amount on the wound and shot the rest of it into his mouth. He swallowed before the scream came, and sucked in a deep breath.

“More,” he begged. “And the Dark Lady’s friends… Phal, Terrin, Galen, Shayla, anyone! Please!”

--------------------

The ancients are not the oldest, nor the wisest.

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.144.250.151
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 01-03-2007 03:25 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea sat stunned looking around her. Her mind was overloaded with all that had just happened and her only reprieve was to subconciously block all but one thought from her mind. I froze. I did nothing. I ran scared to death of what I was sensing and said nothing, did nothing. I failed... again.
Thea half-heard the names Thoran mentioned and one stuck in her mind, "Shayla... oh, no..." She moved as if to put her head in her hands and realized she was still clutching Link's vibroblade. She had to force her hand to loosen its grip and lay the weapon aside. Her hand felt numb and stiff and she tried to soothe her muscles with her other hand. But seeing it had also brought another thought back to her.
"Is Link, ok? Did I hit anyone with this?" She pointed vaguely to the weapon at her side, still unable to process the last few moments. She let herself fall over onto the being sitting beside her not caring who or what they were at the moment and for the first time feeling as if she would like nothing better to be back on her father's ship so long ago - going on their merry way with no thought of Jedi or Sith or anyone but the three of them.

[ 01-03-2007 06:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Thea Morgan ]

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 74.33.244.84

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05