my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Silence of the Lambs (Page 7)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Silence of the Lambs
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 07-19-2007 11:46 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Lord Aelvedaar returns from Into the Undiscovered Deeps in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

Ever my strong and strongly growing ally, the All reaches out and manipulates some of That Which Is, tearing open a Portal through which I now step, returning after what suddenly seems to be years to the haven of my sanctum sanctorum. The fact that once, too long ago, this chamber ceased to provide me with complete haven crosses my mind; I close my eyes briefly, letting the thought come, study it as I step forth, for by such things, by facing one's dilemmas, can one at last seek a means by which they might be overcome, a means perhaps once overlooked.

Nothing catches my mental eye at the moment, and I open my eyes to find my Son, startled, standing before the Crystal Octahedron with an apparently recovered Panthar Dantares. A quick glance into the roiling greeny-goldness reveals to me what it has revealed to them; I straighten and finish stepping forth, coming regally now before the two.

"My son," I acknowledge his loyalty, dip my head to him, a quick yet smooth motion which he then mimics. When he raises his face again to mine I clearly see his concern and curiosity; the concern over whatever dire event he has been monitoring is somewhat assuaged now by a modicum of curiosity as to why I have returned alone.

Now is not the time to bandy words; I merely send him a single glance now, the same glance I sent into his amber eyes lo many years ago, just as the Dark Jedi breached my Sanctum Sanctorum, just as they rushed us, terrible weapons of light raised high.

A look which spoke of great danger, perhaps danger lethal to us, but danger which in the long run might prove to be not entirely insurmountable.

I then turn a fiery gaze to the other, rake his form but once with my eyes, and dip my head respectfully to him.

"My son." The words I speak are intended for Aeylmaar even though my eyes remain affixed to the Panthar.

"I must speak with thee; perhaps this one might be shown the hospitality of our Temple whilst you and I engage in small but private conversation."

I straighten a touch, indicating by the motion that the next words are not intended for the ears of my Heir Apparent.

"It is good to see you have recovered from your miseries, Panthar Dantares. However, now is not the time to inquire further of your well-being; you must pardon my seeming rudeness, but there is something of concern of which I need speak to my son."

[ 07-19-2007 03:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 07-20-2007 08:38 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Well,” said Panthar, surprised yet respectful. “I take it that Shawn and Galen are safe, then. Look, right before you got here I was telling your son here that I need to get back to K’eel Doba right away. If you want me out of the way, then send me there, please!”

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-19-2007 05:22 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Graysith and Shayla come in from The Siege of a Soul in the "Jedi/Sith forums, thank you.))

"My Sire?" Graysith questioned as she stepped though the portal she had opened, Shayla being literally dragged along as she did so...

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-19-2007 07:10 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Still caught in the very turmoil of all that was happening, that which was Shayla yet struggled to get a grip upon herself. Suddenly devoid of overwhelming Darkness, it took her several minutes to really come to the realization of where she had been, where she now was...

...and with whom she was. Taking a shuddery breath, at last being able to at least wrap enough strength about herself to peer outward through unclouded eyes, she managed to steady herself on her feet and look about herself more clearly.

But with such clarity also comes reality. Her crystal clear greeny-blue eyes fell upon the form of Graysith.

"W--what have I done?" she finally said in a whisper. Then her eyes widened, further terror filling them. "The Darkness...

...is working with the chrome-eyed one..."

She trailed then, her eyes turning distant and troubled.

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-20-2007 06:44 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I am about to make reply to the recovered Sith's empassioned plea when there comes from behind me the familiar sound of a portal being opened through the All. I whirl, defenses on alert, defenses which raise to attack readiness when I see who it is who has come through...

But the pain in the once again violet eyes gives me pause.

"My Daughter?" I deign to ask, sensing she is once more the One I Have Chosen, sensing as well the same in the golden haired woman at her side. I step toward them, growing more troubled by the minute, for now that the pair seem to realize they are safely within my Sanctum sanctorum the pain emanating from them evolves rapidly into sheer agony. Well do I recall such feelings I once harbored; my hands go out to the two and I hurry toward them.

"Come, you are safe, I know what has happened; that which has come and gone has come and gone, now we need face that which is yet to be.

"Have you learned anything during your entrapment by the foulness?"

Some would say that rushing straight to the heart of the matter is a cold move on my part. But I cannot help but sense we have little time to waste; She Who I Have Chosen was taught well and I am certain she understands this need fully, as do I feel will her own Chosen Sister, the one named Shayla, whom my Daughter in turn herself taught well.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-22-2007 07:29 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith struggled to maintain her composure, coming close to falling apart completely as thoughts of what she had been through, and thoughts of what she had done threatened to overwhelm her. But Lord Aelvedaar's straightforward words went a long way toward lending her the strength she needed to keep utter despair at bay.

She drew in a deep, shuddery breath, and replied, telling him everything she had learned, everything she knew of, including how the blockade in Khar Delban space had been destroyed, and where Lt. General Sorben Tarnus was.

"I must release him; it does not bode well for our people that I have done what I have done, but perhaps this can be kept from him until he can be made to realize exactly what forces there are at play at the moment."

She then went on, explaining how the Dark, through its machinations, had managed to procure that which the Master had promised it years and years ago, but had never managed to deliver.

"Phalomir, it has taken over Phalomir," she stated, calming now enough that she could say the words without breaking down. "But my Sire, it is not the Phalomir of the Three Houses; it is a clone, or doppleganger; the Dark is very clever indeed, in the ways it had managed to manipulate others in our own dimension; this I know for Lord Roan, even the Lord Roan I thought myself at one time wed to, was nothing more than a copy. The true Dark Lord of the Warriors hangs in madness and misery in the Black Tower, over which the Darkness holds sway. With--"

Now she turned to Shayla, surprise in her eyes, for this was something absolutely new to her.

"That Which Is? Did you see the two conspiring? This is something of which I am not aware."

She fell into silence, a silence mirrored by the Dark Lord, who seemed intently interested to hear what Graysith's Adept might have to say at this.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-22-2007 07:54 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar, stunned by the appearance of the two ladies and even more stunned by Jharmeen’s story, finally broke his silence when the three words he feared most came into play.

“Whoa!” he cried out, stepping forward. “You can’t mean ol’ Googly Eyes has something to do with all this!? No way, not when all he cares about is balance and keeping people out of his ‘place of places’ and all! Never mind that’s basically where you dumped Phal and everyone. I assume they’re still there? Like Erik is still back on Dagobah somewhere after being left there by his wife? I got my ass kicked there trying to find him, and now I don’t even know if Galen is safe! Uh, and the others, I mean.”

He coughed a little before continuing.

“But if you are really sure the Darkness is gone from you, really, totally, then I think we need to go get the others all together. I don’t know about Googly Eyes being involved, but I do know that I was possessed by this darkness before any of you, and I remember that being a hellish time. And I hear things—like echoes of it still in my head somehow. Maybe we can use that?”

[ 08-22-2007 07:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 159.182.1.4
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-22-2007 08:00 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Concern at what I am hearing churns through me, but I maintain an impassive demeanor.

"Indeed, much ill has been done to many, and many have been placed in positions undeserving of them," I speak briefly into the silence following this excitable Sith's words, holding up one clawed hand that he please calm himself.

"It will be but a matter of seconds to set right much of the wrong that has been done, but not until we fully understand exactly who and what we are dealing with.

"And why."

I silence, as do the others, and wait to hear what Shayla has to say.

[ 08-22-2007 09:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-22-2007 09:39 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla faltered a bit on her feet, her eyes vague as she recalled all that she had seen and done.

She had left her husband to die on Degobah in dire straights, and had left others on K'eel Doba...

She forced herself to keep from these thoughts for the moment in order to respond to the questions at hand. "That Which Is is not what I saw," she clarified at length, her look still distant. "It was...

...was him. The Vong, the one who once held captive both Jharmeen and myself."

She paused then, remembering more of her time on K'eel Doba. She related how the Darkness had used her to greatly damage the Temple there, how she had found a room with a globe that knew her by the name Stargazer, how she had been identified as part of the "Nexus" and that words had been spoken of its infiltration.

And of what sounded very much to her like a rendezvous of sorts between this particular Vong and the Darkness.

"All the time we thought that Dark Lord Roan had taken Graysith to the Yuuzhan Vong ship, it must have been the Darkness."

She trailed, her eyes widening in worry. "What are we going to do?"

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-22-2007 09:48 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I bow my head in thought, all the while feeling the nearly palpable impact of twin sets of eyes, turquoise and violet, whilst behind me my Son does well to keep the fidgety Panthar quieted. When I raise my face, I am yet impassive, but all the fires of hell burn upon my own visage

"We shall begin by setting right that which we can, and by gathering together our own forces in readiness against the growing Dark, which--"

I allow a smile to flick upon my lips as I raise a hand to them all.

"--may not be quite the omnipotent power it believes itself to be. For it did by embracing my Chosen One embrace the All, which it now has given up, possibly in the belief that what it thinks to be the future Phalomir holds it still. Likewise, while it has seemed to take over my dear Brother Roan, replacing him with a copy, it apparently does not recognize that the Phalomir it holds is one as well.

"Remember this, and take heart. It has tipped its dark hand to us, and if this was done purposely then it yet has a weakness we can exploit: arrogance. But nothing will be gained without all of us working together; tell me now where the others are that we might go forth and bring them all here, to then begin planning out our own strategy."

[ 08-22-2007 09:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-22-2007 10:07 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Several are, I suppose, on Degobah, my husband included. Last I saw Thoran he was there as well."

She pause, pursing her lips. "Phalomir, along with some others including an Eagle Enterprises Captain, a man by the name of Captain Yaoksi Joao, a Ryn, a human child, the Master, and Verpine, are somewhere near the Temple on Kori'san."

She frowned deeply, her eyes growing vague. "I hope that the destruction to the Temple did not harm them in any way."

[ 08-22-2007 10:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-22-2007 10:59 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar stopped fidgeting, a frown showing on his face as a realization came upon him.

“Um,” he started, “so the Vong really are coming? So the Master was right all along? All I ever heard from him was how he was hell-bent on stopping the Vong, and was going to trade Phalomir for a way to do it. So… maybe we should ask him what he is going to do now that he has accomplished his goal?”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.129.74.228
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-22-2007 11:07 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith frowned at this.

"But-- he did not give Phalomir to the Darkness," she commented, then turning to cast a sympathetic glance at Shayla.

"Shayla did."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-22-2007 11:17 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar looked at Shayla, her long blonde hair sticking in her eyes. Then he turned his look back to Jharmeen.

“Then maybe we oughta put her in charge!” he said.

“Did it give you something?” he asked, refocusing on Shayla. “I mean, can you feel anything different? Any new ideas? New powers? Anything?”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.129.74.228
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-22-2007 11:25 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I frown at this seeming frivolity.

"Of greater importance," I intone, my voice deep and imperative, "is the fact that Aeylomir has yet, in his eye, to achieve his goal. It is of some importance, then, that we stop him in his tracks, before he manages somehow with the true Phalomir."

I turn my hand sideways, and make a small bit of intrigue in the air. There is an immediate popping noise, and a dark funnel begins to roil, becoming larger and larger until at last it reveals itself as the Portal through the All which I intended it to be.

"Come, let us go to Korri'sian, and retrieve those friends who are there... and what small enemies which linger there as well. For there is One who frowns at our bandying about with this world, especially since it has been placed for supposed safekeeping into the Elseness"

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-23-2007 08:57 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla quietly nodded, feeling quite horrible about what she had done and fearing its possible conclusions, whether the right Phalomir was in the Darker Realms at the moment or not. The Darkness had insisted that it be given the real Phalomir, after all...

With a start, Shayla looked up, her eyes widening as she recalled something that seemed almost to be buried within her, as if hidden.

"Wait," she spoke up then, her greeny-blue eyes intense. "The Master is not on Kori'san. He was...

...but he took me, along with the copy of Phalomir, into the Darker Realms. I left him alone there."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-23-2007 09:09 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A grim smile passes fleetingly across my lips.

"Then there he shall stay," I state as I turn away from her. Waiting no longer, for every moment spent by our hapless friends upon the planet supposedly removed from our reality is a moment risking further wrath from That Which Is, I step through the Portal I have created...

((OOC: Aelvedaar departs into The Path to Endgame in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

[ 08-23-2007 09:09 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 08-26-2007 09:42 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar looked around at the others, lifting his eyebrows.

“Well,” he said, “I’m not staying here!”

He walked towards the portal, shaking his head.

“I just hope Phal hasn’t been eaten by a tuk’ata,” he said, more or less towards Jharmeen, then stepped through.

((OOC: Panthar jumps into The Path to Endgame in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

[ 08-26-2007 09:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-26-2007 10:05 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla frowned at Panthar's parting words, recalling something.

"I sent a tuk'ata after Phalomir," she then said Jharmeen's way, a new wave of shame at her actions washing over her. "I hope we are going to get there before it succeeds, and I can try to call off the attack. It was a wild tuk'ata, after all."

She paused for a moment then, recalling the damage that a wild tuk'ata could do to a person...

...and then making herself focus once more n the task at hand as she stepped through the portal.

(((OCC: Follow Shayla into Path to the Endgame in this forum, thank you.)))

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 08-30-2007 08:50 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Rykounagin enters from The Path to Endgame in the Jedi Praxeum, thankyou.))

"As if I started the aggression." I commented, flicking my wrist, letting the Lotus fall, the magical blade disappearing before it had hit the ground. "Well then, let's go."

I finished, desiring to leave this place likely more than other, feeling a quiet shiver run through me as I walked through the portal to the other side.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.218.127.101
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 09-02-2007 08:25 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Phalomir enters from Path to Endgame in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

Phalomir turned as he walked into the room beyond the portal. He stopped when he saw the face of the woman he loved more than anything else in his life, his heart leaping out to her but his mind still wary of the darkness within her, for that was what he last knew.

Yet something was different, very different. He gazed into her eyes, and could see clearly what that difference was. They were her eyes….

“Jharmeen?” he asked. “My lady?”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 09-02-2007 08:50 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Aaron enters from Path to the Endgame in this same forum.)))

Aaron stepped through the Portal and came to an abrupt halt behind Phalomir, who was speaking to, of all people, Graysith.

His hand slipped unthinkingly to his blaste, and he didn't move a milimeter further.

What was going on here? Why was she just standing here on the other side of the Portal, waiting?

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-02-2007 08:54 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Chosen Daughter stared at Phalomir for a moment that seemed an eternity, opened her mouth as if beginning to speak. One hand flickered, as if wanting to reach up and out...

Then she spied the hovering Aaron, obviously waiting to enter. Off to one side there lurked the very assassin who had attacked her Adept.

Overwhelmed not only by the confluence of so many who had reason to at the very least be wary of each other, but by the look she saw in Phalomir's eyes, she closed her mouth and backed quietly away. Not looking at anyone any further, she went to the Crystal Octahedron and waited quietly beside it.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 09-02-2007 09:10 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar glanced behind to see Aaron, and noticed the precarious position his hand was in. He shook his head quickly, catching Aaron’s eye. He then stepped forward to Phalomir.

“Phalomir,” said Panthar, coming up behind and leaning in close to the Dark Lord. “It’s her, the darkness is gone.”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-02-2007 09:14 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Shayla enters from Path to the Endgame in this forum.)))

Shayla stepped through the Portal behind Aaron Barnes, moving past him a bit and completely avoiding eye contact with Rykounagin and nearing Jharmeen, becoming increasingly aware of the varying ranges of emotions floating about the room.

There was so much to explain. And even more to be set right, if that was even possible...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05