my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Silence of the Lambs (Page 11)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Silence of the Lambs
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-30-2007 02:48 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith smiled, glad to begin trying to set all she had tainted with darkness on the path to light once again.

"A most sensible plan," she agreed. Then without waiting any further she opened a portal through the All, directly into the maze of corridors and passageways which held the dank and noisome dungeons of the Great Temple of the Warriors. Nodding to herself, she stepped through...

((OOC: Graysith steps back into the Great Temple of the Warriors in Tears of the Rancor in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 09-30-2007 03:08 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir looked at each individual in the room.

“We will be back,” he said, and turned to go through the portal.
(((Phalomir jumps to Tears of the Rancor in this forum.)))

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Aeylmaar

Heir Apparent to Dark Lord, Sorcerer Clan of the Sith

Member # 416

posted 09-30-2007 03:17 PM     Profile for Aeylmaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aeylmaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The young Heir Apparent, who had been standing in respectful silence off to one side throughout all this, could not refrain from speaking up as Lord Phalomir disappeared from their midst.

"Have we not heard those words before, my Father?" he asked innocuously, directing the comment toward Dark Lord Aelvedaar. He was only shushed, and directed to doing what he was capable of to assist the others in obtaining their goal; after a moment's thought he turned back to the Great Crystal Octahedron and presented it with a command.

The greeny-goldness which roiled and writhed within its crystalline depths churned, then coalesced into the image of what appeared to be a wide and sterile-looking corridor. Terrin, Galen, Matt Stanza and a couple humans he did not recognize were moving along its unguessable length, passed every so often by other humans hastening in the opposite -- and sometimes the same, for some at times appeared to be in quite a hurry -- direction.

Aeylmaar blinked, and stepped back in surprise.

"My Father," he interrupted as he nodded toward the magickal device.

"I thought if I could pinpoint exactly the location of those left behind on Dagobah, it would assist us in their rescue. But look."

He said nothing further, merely pointed at the unexpected image the crystal device was patiently presenting to them.

[ 09-30-2007 03:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aeylmaar ]

--------------------

No greater honor can any Sith ask, than to serve his Clan and his Lord.

Posts: 143 | From: Khar Delba | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 09-30-2007 03:25 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I come to stand beside my adopted son, my brows rising in surprise at what the Octahedron is showing. After perusing it for but a few seconds, I turn back to the others.

"It would appear our friends do not need the rescue we think they do; has anyone here an idea as to where they might now be? For this image being shown to us is simple truth; the Crystal Octahedron cannot by its very nature show anything that is deceptive."

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 09-30-2007 09:05 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron stepped up near the Octahedron, and blinked in surprise. "That's the Hornett," he said, still not believing it. "It's Terrin's SSD, or at least it was, until he died and it became Galen's."

He paused then, staring at the scene. "I wonder if everyone who went to Degobah is on the ship, and what they are in such a hurry for?"

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-30-2007 09:40 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"The answer to such questions can be resolved easily, at least to some extent."

I now approach the Octahedron, passing Aeylmaar who steps politely aside. Coming up to its cool, shining surface, I lay a clawed hand against it and demand it reveal the presence of all who had been with the party on Dagobah.

Immediately the mysterious material swimming in its depths seems to separate, dividing in twain. One image appears from the cloudy swirls, showing the image of the jedi Shawn Petrolu who appears to be within a stone chamber or cave of some sorts. The other image, the first one shown to us, remains the same.

I back away, wave a hand as if to reveal the answer to a Great Mystery.

"There is your answer; decipher it as you will. But it would appear that the Jedi yet remains inside the cave system where he has been trapped for so long, while the others have managed to somehow find rescue from the swamp world."

[ 09-30-2007 09:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-30-2007 09:40 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla frowned at the image now displayed, her heart growing heavy with the knowledge that her brother was most likely in this predicament because he was helping the others...

...or perhaps had been after her. This little thought gave her pause to her earlier conclusions regarding how she would assist in all of these matters.

"If he is still trapped..."

She trailed, her eyes clouding a bit. "Erik may be as well."

She quieted at that, wavering a bit on her feet, heartache at what she had done momentarily driving her thoughts...

...and realization of something coming to her.

It didn't matter what everyone else thought of what she had done. What mattered was what she could do now to fix it, regardless of their suspicion. And she had the blood connections to find her brother unlike any others had.

And the emotional ones to find her husband as well, whether he was going to forgive her for what she had done or not.

Her eyes clearing at that, she looked to Lord Aelvedaar. "I believe my abilities and Force connections with my Brother may be a key in finding him, and my husband if he is..."

She paused, swallowng. "Still trapped. I suggest you send Panthar and Aaron to the Hornett to make connections with those who are there and get a ship, and send me to Degobah to begin looking for my Brother. Perhaps then my presence will not be immediately troubling to those who will surely be hesitant, and I can begin assisting with the skills that I have."

[ 09-30-2007 09:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-30-2007 10:03 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I turn to the young woman, clearly sensing the distress she so valiantly tries to keep at bay, that she might continue on in a more helpful manner than breaking down in despair. Nodding in her direction, I lay my hand against the Octahedron, this time bidding it show the whereabouts of the one called Erik Kartan.

The strange non-stuff once again roils and swirls, subducting and diverting from itself until at last it seems to vanish into greeny golden wisps, wisps that show the sight of a dark-haired man laying in what can only be a medical bed.

I turn to her, watching her closely as she surveys this scene.

"I agree with your assessment," I continue, now stepping a bit to one side away from the Octahedron.

"If you have what you jedi call a 'force connection' with your brother, you will indeed be of the greatest use in actually pinpointing his location within the caves of Dagobah.

"Once pinpointed, it will be a simple thing for me to remove him from the dire straits he has labored within for so long a time."

[ 09-30-2007 10:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-30-2007 10:15 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's eyes moistened for a few moments at the image of Erik, laying in a medical bed, most likely because of what she herself had done to him. She was heartened, however, that he was alive and no longer on Degobah.

As was her brother.

"Will you send Panthar and Captain Barnes via a Portal to the Hornett, or shall we wait until Jharmeen and Lord Phalomir return and go via a ship we find on K'eel Doba as planned? I would go ahead in the meantime, if that is what we stick to, via a TIE interceptor or otherwise. I fear time is precious if he has been in that cave for any length of time as it appears."

[ 09-30-2007 10:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-30-2007 10:22 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I give her a small smile.

"Perhaps there will be no need to travel by such a slow method as a ship," I state as once again I turn to the Octahedron. This time I bid it show me the position of the Hornett; the resulting image justifies by suspicions.

For quite suddenly revealed is the planet Dagobah, around which is orbiting a large SSD. I wave a hand toward the device.

"Perhaps it would expedite matters if you are given a communications device from one of those here, and are then sent directly to the planet's surface. From there we might contact this great ship, do what is necessary to regain your brother, and return here to my Temple.

"All, perhaps, in less time than it takes Lord Phalomir and Lady Graysith to accomplish the goals they themselves set out to do."

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 09-30-2007 10:28 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron, who had been listening intently, spoke up. "I can get communications with the Hornett, he said, nodding towards the communications device on his wrist. "If they have trouble trusting Stargazer, they will trust me, at least in that they will listen to me if they don't listen to her."

He paused then, checking his hip holster for a blaster and reminding himself that Terrin would jump into the fray immediately for any of the EE crew, and that Shawn had done so as well.

So it was time for him to do so as well.

"I think we're all ready; let's do it."

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-30-2007 10:35 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I silently proceeded to follow them through the portal, deciding not to make cute remarks about who the warriors would welcome or not.

(((OOC: Rykounagin travels to 'Tears of the Rancor' in this forum.)))

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.214.141
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 10-07-2007 09:47 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Very well, then."

I say no more but reach out a clawed hand, and with my talents quickly open a rip in the continuum we call spacetime. It roils and writhes off to the side of the Crystal Octahedron, but from its mysterious depths there comes the occasional cry of some animal, a waft of moisture, the scent of things green and living.

"Shall we go, then," I state, now taking a small step back while the hand which has opened the rip turns upward, beckoning the others to enter therein that we might go on about the task we have set upon ourselves.

[ 10-09-2007 09:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-07-2007 10:05 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla nodded briefly. "Yes. The sooner this is done the sooner we can continue on in determining the whereabouts of Captain Joao and the Ryn as well," she stated, cocking a brow then. "Perhaps in the meantime someone can direct K'khil to the Sith logs which have been mentioned?"

Falling silent at that, Shayla stepped into through the portal, the others following behind her as she did so.

(((OCC: Follow Shayla, Aaron and Panthar into Out of the Unknown in the CSWU.)))

[ 10-09-2007 09:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 10-07-2007 10:20 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Standing quietly off to one side, the Verpine could not help but clack his mandibles at this.

"The Sith logs, in sith ship they are," he reminded the young woman even as she disappeared through the portal the Dark Lord had opened.

"Not paying attention, was she?"

He was stopped before he could say anything further by a quick but meaningful look Lord Aelvedaar shot his way. But he held his ground, now nodding toward the Sith sorcerer as that magickal being followed the young woman through the portal.

"Wait here will I, until logs I have to decipher."

With that he moved off to a quiet shadowy spot, there to stand and observe until called upon to assist.

--------------------

Somewhere in this Universe, a hydrospanner for me there is...

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 10-09-2007 12:37 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Not paying attention, was she?"

The unexpected flippancy coming from the Verpine provokes me to sending a stern glance his way.

"You shall have logs to decipher, once we have safely returned with the Jedi," I tell him, now turning to the Portal myself. "When we return we shall go to Ch'arlingua; there we will find Sith ships plenty from which logs might be obtained."

The Verpine backs away into the shadows as I step forth into the surreal one I have ripped into the essence of all that is. But-- there is something unfamiliar, something not quite of the ordinary; colors that should not exist swirl and writhe about me, colors that appear from nowhere and integrate themselves into the non-color of the Portal.

It is too late to turn back. Forced by the suddenly closing Portal I can only hasten quickly forward, feeling deep my my gut that something, somewhere, is terribly, terribly wrong.

((OOC: Please follow Lord Aelvedaar into If You Go Out in the Woods Today in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

[ 10-09-2007 12:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Aaron Barnes

Member # 414

posted 10-11-2007 08:58 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Follow Aaron into Out of the Unknown in the CSWU.))

[ 10-11-2007 08:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aaron Barnes ]

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 76.123.97.116
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 10-18-2007 11:38 AM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Curious as to the strange workings of what his companions referred to as a Portal, the Verpine watched closely as Shayla, Aaron and Panthar stepped into the strange, black rift and disappeared from sight. Thus it was that he was able to observe what happened when Lord Aelvedaar followed suit.

The spacetime rip, rather than remaining black and writhing, suddenly seemed to freeze. This strange state of affairs was immediately followed by a burst of color which flared forth, casting a weird, chromatic shadow on the floor of Aelvedaar's sanctum sanctorum. The colors had scarcely faded, when the Portal simply disappeared.

The insectoid engineer cocked his head, and chattered his mandibles for a moment. Then he turned to Aeylmaar, who was off studying images in the Crystal Octahedron.

"Usual, is this?" he asked, his manner nonchalant due to the tough carapace which prevented him from any emotional displays. Giving another clack of his mouth-parts, he approached the young Heir Apparent, who had turned round in surprise to face him.

"Strange colors, from the Portal came," K'kihl elaborated, pointing to the ominously empty spot formerly occupied by the rip. "After the sorcerer, departed he had."

He allowed his mandibles to clatter a final time as he let his arm drop, then fell silent.

((OOC: This thread continues in Another Shade of All in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

[ 10-18-2007 11:44 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by K'kihl ]

--------------------

Somewhere in this Universe, a hydrospanner for me there is...

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05