my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Silence of the Lambs (Page 10)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Silence of the Lambs
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-09-2007 09:59 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I was a bit taken aback by this outburst, but her comments did bring an interesting point to view.

"Actually, you're right. But not for the reason you mentioned. How would Thoran and I get back? Once we found out, we'd be bait. Let's split this up then shall we?"

I looked at Graysith and PHalomir. "Since you don't trust me, Gray, I'll come with you so you can keep a close eye on me. Sound good?"

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.218.127.101
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-09-2007 10:02 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla considered the whole situation, her own mood turning blacker by the moment. "He doesn't need to go to the Darker Realms to determine if the Master has obtained the Finger," she spoke up pointedly. "The Darker Realms is somehow linked with the Vong, as I have already stated from my experiences while the Darkness inhabited me.

The Realms will not reliquish to him what it already holds. And as for this one so easily 'joining the team,' I too am surprised at the swiftness in which this was granted."

She trailed a moment. "We now take him only at his word, when his actions prove otherwise? Need I remind you that the grievance he committed to the Sith was done while he claimed Dark Lordship of the Warriors? What makes you think he will not do such a thing again?"

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 09-09-2007 10:07 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir nodded at Shayla, then gazed steadily at Jharmeen, and spoke calmly.

“But Jharmeen,” he said, “you offered him a choice, and he has taken it. I dare not send him to Dagobah, nor leave him in either Temple. It seems that he does not embrace the Master, nor the Finger of R’lous, nor would the darkness accept him. If you had no intention of taking his service, then it should not have been offered. He is correct, we will always be ‘glancing at his hands for the dagger’. So the question is to you and to Shayla, do you give him a chance or not?

“As for Sorben Tarnus, I do not speak of making peace with the general, I speak of making peace with the Empire. What you did goes far beyond a personal action, it was an interstellar incident. I know this was done under the influence of the Darkness, but you tell me that your own will was part of this action as well? It does not matter, the action was against the Empire, and done by the Sith. It is not between you and Sorben Tarnus, it is between the Sith and the Empire. Do you see the difference? I am aware of the inner turmoil you feel, my lady, but this is not yours to face alone.”

[ 09-09-2007 10:09 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 09-09-2007 10:16 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"ENOUGH!!!"

The single word erupts from lips with the explosive force of a volcano, causing all to stop in mid-word and turn to me, obvious surprise shining upon every visage. When I have the attention of all, even that of the Verpine who, up to this point, seemed interested only in things mathematical; when all are looking upon me I calm myself and continue.

"It appears to me the immediate issue is whether or not we can trust the one called Rykounagin, who according to one did thus and so, and according to another did something else; and who with simple and apparent honesty on his part seems by the Lord Phalomir to be welcomed into our small midst. But there are those who yet oppose this act; thus, and quite obviously, the matter of whether or not he is to be trusted is therefore at stake and apparently needs be addressed before we can continue on with other matters."

I pause, but now turn to the Crystal Octahedron, reaching out once again and placing a hand against its shining surface.

"Now we shall see whether that mistrust is indeed warranted, or springs from the personal grievance of the individual, for whatever reason; Octahedron, show us now the history of Rykounagin since he first came into play with the Dark Lady of the Warriors."

Greeny goldness roils... and slowly, then with increasing rapidity, images begin to form, scrolling rapidly within the depths as everything the lad has done or encountered is simply and truthfully revealed to us...

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-09-2007 10:44 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir watched as the scenes played out before them all. Rykounagin’s life had been a turmoil of circumstance and betrayal, but so much of it was brought about by himself. He watched the assassin climb the walls of the Temple of Warriors and kill many innocents. He saw the physical changes the boy had undergone temporarily. He saw the nearly tender moments between Rykounagin and ShaRhylla, and the scheming and naïve plots they concocted.

He saw Jharmeen grow tense as the lad abandoned ShaRhylla in the star base of the assassins, and Phalomir found himself growing cold and distant from the boy once again.

As he watched his own scene with Rykounagin aboard his crippled ship, when he came to speak but was attacked, he realized that he had given the assassin this chance before. In every case, Rykounagin’s own pride or love of chaos interfered with his chance to act like a decent being.

Through the rest of the scenes, Phalomir could only shake his head and wonder why, even in the case of the Master’s offer, Rykounagin could not deal with trust. Apparently he could not even trust himself.

Phalomir looked around the room to see how others would react, then leaned his head low to whisper into Jharmeen’s ear so only she could hear. “I am sorry.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-09-2007 10:51 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I watched as my life was played out before me, from the times that my brother had bested me in our training to the day that I nearly killed him. I closed my eyes, listening to the flashes of sound that came as the more recent years flashed past.

Some dark voice within me was given voice: Lies... they simply wish to make no one trust you, they only-

Shut up. I thought, growling on the inside at that darker side. Just shut up.

I opened my eyes as the Octahedron slowed and came down to the point that we were at. "Well then." I looked up from the floor to Graysith and Phalomir.

"I guess we'll be making a detour to the chopping block, eh?"

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-09-2007 11:15 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith wavered, her eyes filled with the damning evidence presented by the magickal device, her ears filled with the unexpected apology she had just received from Lord Phalomir...

...but her head filling with but one memory, that being the time when Rykounagin had first come to her, offering himself as adept in her service or to that of the Sith, the day they had shared blood to bond the oath for all eternity.

The day she had reached into his mind, and there found a now-startlingly familiar oily blackness...

Who had been the Master of the lad, who he had so easily glossed over that day when he had first bound himself to her? What was that blackness she had found? Was it part and parcel of him, or had he in turn somehow, wildly enough, been under the influence of the very evil that had taken her and Shayla from those whom they cared the most for?

She leaned instinctively close, her eyes wide.

"What is truly inside you, Rykounagin?" she asked, her demeanor turned round an entire one hundred eighty degrees from what it had been mere moments before.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-10-2007 10:30 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Lots of things. Brain, heart, lungs, and maybe a bit of conciousness inbetween." I replied, ignoring the faint trace of sarcasm that escaped me despite my solemn expression.

However, even as I spoke, I felt a faint trace of my conciousness slip away from me, reaching out to Graysith, as a quiet, calm voice spoke to her thoughts.

<<It's been a while, so I give you greetings. You inquire about the contents of this mind, and I can answer your question. It is chaos, though it is slowly discovering order. Certain elements have been destroyed in favor of the stronger parts. But you have a specific question?>>

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 209.120.161.36
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-10-2007 01:18 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She froze for a single heartbeat, surprised by the mental greeting. Around her others shifted and snorted quietly to themselves as Rykounagin's expected, sarcastic reply came to their ears, thus no one seemed to notice her momentary pause.

Now under control, she straightened, stared the lad straight in the eye and asked, "Why must you always respond in so typically and sarcastic a manner? Can you never be honest with anyone, if even with yourself?"

But to that which reached out silently to her, she merely said, Why do you lurk within this young man, and speak to me in so secretive a manner? Are you something to be feared by us, an enemy within this lad, that you cannot present yourself openly?

Or are you yet as much a part of Rykounagin as is that which spoke to us aloud?

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-10-2007 03:44 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well how am I supposed to answer? 'Oh, there's a ghost named Ranagramagora in me and he's been playing you all for fools!' Yeash, not like I can really give anything else?" I replied, annoyed now that my answer had been turned into another point of scorn.

<<I am a piece of Rykounagin's conciousness. I have spoken to others before. I am the piece of Rykounagin's sanity that has been fragmented but kept intact. I am that which keeps him from true Ferality. Though it may not seem like it, it would be much worse if I did not exist in his mind to keep him in check.>>

I furrowed my brows, feeling a migraine of sorts building within me, though I did not complain verbally.

<<I am a minority faction within this mind. The parts of him ruled by cruelty, survival, and hate hold more sway, though at this moment they are not in dominance. A thing that must be realized, is that though Rykounagin no longer shows it outwardly, he is split into different parts; different emotions hold control over him at different times, and it is those that dominate his actions. For now, I hold sway, and it is... pacificisms hope to keep it that way for the time being.>>

I closed my eyes, feeling pressure build on the back of my head now, as though something was roiling my brain back and forth and in circles.

<<This connection is being weakened now. The aggrivation you place upon him with the memories placed before him is giving strength to his more primal instincts. If you have any wish to save this man from his darker sides, pacificsm would suggest that you do not continue to anger him, lest he regresses.>>

[ 09-10-2007 03:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-10-2007 03:57 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith remained totally silent.

How can we speak to him, then? she pressed on. For everything we say to him, no matter what it is, no matter what chance it is that he is given, is taken as something to scorn, and thus angers him further. Truly, if the rest of his mind is as fragile as you would present it to be, I am at a loss as how to deal with him.

She paused fractionally, debating whether to continue or not. Deciding then that honesty was the best policy, even with multiple personalities, she went on.

I truly do not wish to imprison this one for the safety of everyone else, for if there is anything inside of him -- "yourself," primarily -- that can be strengthened, to perhaps overcome his wild personalities, I would do whatever I could to achieve this. By your very existence you prove there is saving grace within this lad, albeit I do not know how to bring it permanently into dominance.

Anything you can continue to offer would be of help, but bear in mind we cannot promise a constant pacifism toward him. He has done much while under control of his wilder personalities, and we are currently involved in a situation that is anything but peace loving...

[ 09-10-2007 04:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-10-2007 04:00 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My migraine had begun to fade, while Graysith continued to stare blankly at me as she had for the last few seconds, everyone else watching silently. I assumed she was either doing some soul searching, or if I was lucky, she'd had the most silent heart attack ever seen.

<<Give him something to trust to or hold onto, lie if you must; if only to preserve his present wish to assist you.>>

Came the voice, a whisper now as the connection faded. "So... is there something on my face?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and snapping my fingers in front of her face.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-10-2007 05:20 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She stared at him a bit longer, almost not understanding his physical speech she was concentrating so hard upon communicating with his inner being. But when that one tiny sane remnant of Rykounagin's personality fell silent at last, she blinked, seemed to shake herself back to the reality of the moment, and then looked into Rykounagin's eyes.

This time really seeing him.

"No, there is nothing on your face," she replied vaguely before straightening her posture and then dipping her head to him. To everyone else the gesture might have appeared a bit odd, but she was much satisfied with what she had come to terms with.

"I apologize if I spoke in haste," she suddenly said, the words ringing out both honest and clear.

"While you do have crimes to account for, as do I, while we cannot overlook them we can decide how to view you, and how to respond to you, when you are called up for what you did. Perhaps Lord Phalomir is correct, as were the words I thought I had spoken... just to fill the air."

Once again she nodded to him, half in apology, half as if trying to coax something into life inside of him. Then she continued.

"I believe it is time to truly give you a chance to prove your mettle; perhaps we have not started out on the best foot with one another. Once we locate Thoran, you must go with him into the Darker Realms, find the Master, and follow through with Lord Phalomir's wishes."

[ 09-10-2007 05:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-10-2007 11:23 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Sounds great." I replied, annoyed yet pleased at the sudden reversal of her opinion. "I don't suppose Thoran can get us in and out? Getting in is easy, All user or not... getting out however..."

I raised an eyebrow, mind now puzzling over what had caused Graysith to act so strangely.

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-11-2007 10:08 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir gazed at Jharmeen for several seconds, not sure of what had just happened. Finally he became aware of the silence and shook his head back to the moment.

“Ah—“ he began. “I left Thoran in the Temple of Warriors, I am sure he is still there, he would have no recourse to leave yet, since he is probably in a holding cell.”

Still unsure as to why Jharmeen changed her mind, Phalomir recovered his composure.

“This will be a mission of stealth,” he said. “Both you and Thoran should be well suited for it, but you must already know the danger. We simply need to know if the Master is in the Darker Realms, and has with him the Finger of R’lous, It is too dangerous to confront him if he does have it, so do not try. For now, perhaps you should accompany us to K’eel Doba and leave from there with Thoran.”

[ 09-11-2007 11:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 70.58.217.177
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-12-2007 09:37 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Standing quietly by, Shayla listened and watched to all that was progressing, not truly believing it or understanding it. Deep within, the anger she still held for Rykounagin swelled up.

How could they trust him, ever? How?

Keeping this to herself, however, she continued to stand quietly by, her look darkening ever so slightly.

Fine, let him go with Thoran to the Darker Realms. It would be a surprise if he even returned with the information he was sent to get...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-16-2007 08:57 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir looked around the room and saw everyone staring either at him or Jharmeen. He still had no clue as why she had changed her mind so suddenly, but he knew that she would not have done so without good reason. He would trust her, and focus on the tasks at hand – and keep a watch on Rykoungin until he left for the Darker Realms.

“We should begin,” he said plainly, turning his head to Aelvedaar. “Can you send Panthar and Aaron to Dagobah? And should they return in the same manner, or arrange a ship back here? With the blockade gone, it would be easier to enter but we do not know what the Empire will do in the immediate future, until we talk to Sorben Tarnus.”

Phalomir then paused and cast a soft voice to Shayla.

“Shayla, I suggested you work here with K’khil on understanding the Sith logs, while Panthar and Aaron communicate with those on Dagobah who do not know what happened. But the choice is yours, if you should wish to accompany them to Dagobah.”

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 09-20-2007 11:45 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“You know,” said Panthar, “I think you are both a little whacked for putting faith in this guy and Thoran. But I suppose if giving Rykounagin a shot to prove himself is that important, then there’s no better place than in the Darker Realms. Thoran isn’t too high on my list, either, but at least he did come through with his promises. Just remember he did work for the Master at one point. I wish you all luck.”

Panthar shook his head slightly and looked up at Phalomir.

“And if my opinion counts for anything, I’ll throw in my two credits worth about Dagobah. If the people there are having a tough time, then they could probably use all the help they can get. I say send the cricket and Shayla with me and Aaron.”

He paused and cast a long look towards Shayla, catching her eye.

“I think people will be a little cautious around you, especially Erik. But I also think it’s important to show them that it wasn’t all you behind those actions. Hell, even if it was, it’s important to show where you stand now. What do you think?”

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.132.194.138
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-21-2007 03:44 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I sighed inwardly. Ok, so it wa sa test, right? Well, there was one big test they kept glossing over.

"Hey, if Thoran isn't an all user, how do we get back?"

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.214.141
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-23-2007 07:28 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir nodded his head to Panthar, giving Shayla a comforting look before turing to Rykounagin.

“Thoran has an ability,’ he said, “to move in and out of the Darker Realms. He told me he was granted this power when he was placed into the service of the Master. And it is true that he did once serve the Master, but he has demonstrated to me that this is over and has shown his loyalty to me. He knows the Darker Realms and will be a great asset to you.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 159.182.1.4
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-23-2007 09:20 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla remained silent during all of these dealings, her mind reeling as to how quickly Rykounagin was brought into the fold. She was slowly brought out of her quietude by Panthar's words, however. While every portion of her wanted to go and be with Erik, another portion of her realized that she had done terrible things to all of the people on Degobah. If she were to go along to assist in their recovery...

"My presence would jepordize the mission to bring the others back safely," she finally stated, shaking her head, her greeny-blue eyes dark and distant. "Their safety should play first and foremost into all of this; all else can wait until later, at a more appropriate time."

She trailed. "I will stay here and help with the Sith logs."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 09-27-2007 09:18 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron found himself watching everything going back and forth and round and round, and he didn't know precisely where to put his two credits in...

...that was, not until Panthar and Stargazer started up about whether she should go to Degobah or not.

"Stargazer is right," he then spoke up, drawing the attention of the others. "I mean, the EE bunch that is there, Terrin included, are all very catious, to say the least. If she pops up there for a rescue, regardless of who is with her to confirm or deny her story, they aren't necessarily going to believe it. It's not worth the extra time it may take...

...and how much extra time do we really have with all this?"

He paused, frowning a bit to himself. "In fact, with all that has occurred all the way around, maybe it would be better if we went to Degobah the usual way, via a ship. Because, if they are going to be suspicious of her," he explained, pointing to Shayla, "They are going to be suspicious of you too," he ended, pointing at Graysith.

And understandably so... came the errant thought.

"I don't know how much of a trip Degobah is from here, but I do know that these guys are all resourceful. Is there a ship around here that a typical guy like myself...or anyone else here with flying skills for that matter...could pilot there?"

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 66.177.72.13
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 09-27-2007 11:42 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I turn to the man, nodding at the wisdom in his words.

"What you suggest has merit," I state simply, dipping my head courteously to him to let him know he might believe in what I say. "But as for ships..."

My thoughts flash to the time, seeming lifetimes in the past, when I fled a then cold and deserted Khar Delba, my Chosen One curled against me, the pain in her heart a thousandfold times greater than the one inflicted upon her by Atma's cruel branding of her. At that time we had used one of Darth Wicked's ships, a small one scarcely big enough for the pair of us to fit into that I had "borrowed" from several ferreted within his secreted hangar.

I could only suppose the remainder were still there.

"We on Khar Delba have never used much in the way of ships, going by shuttle to Ch'arlingua on K'eel Doba if we found a reason to travel among the stars. There are perhaps private ships here and there; I personally have none of my own.

"But Darth Wicked, who called this Temple his own before our Great Return, had a small collection of ships. I believe they are called TIE fighters, or perhaps interceptors.

"I do not know if one will accommodate all of whoever will be going to Dagobah, though. We were rather pinched for space when we departed from this world to travel to the next."

I pause, casting a soft look upon my Chosen One, who appears to look all the more stricken as obvious memories my words have triggered flash into her conscious thought.

If only for the moment, that is. A slight smile curves across my lips as I watch her face smooth into blandness, as whatever she is feeling at the moment is hidden away as surely as Wicked's little horde of ships was, and quite possibly still is.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-30-2007 01:50 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lord Aelvedaar's words brought a wealth of secreted memories flooding into Jharmeen's mind, memories of days long past, before the Sith had returned, when the only thing she knew of the wonderful embodiment of everything that is, in all its permutations, was that it was quite simply called, The All. And that somehow it had been granted to her, brought to infantile life during her brief time with Wicked, but nursed into a more mature glory under the careful ministrations and teachings of the Dark Lord of the Sorcerers.

The events which transpired during that time stampeded across her inner eye, making her tremble; then with great effort she forced them away, forced her features to smooth. Once she was under control again, she turned to Aaron.

"Indeed," she replied softly. "There is much I have done while--" She stumbled. "-- not myself for which I must try to make amends. I do not know if I ever can, but on a far lighter scale I do agree with you in that those on Dagobah more than likely will not trust me.

"Which is why I will return to K'eel Doba with Lord Phalomir, to begin the attempt in making amends by releasing Lt. General Tarnus from his unwarranted imprisonment and seeing if any kind of negotiations might be opened between us. I know he has been seeking his daughter, perhaps by introducing her to him a door might be opened."

She paused, sniffing in a little breath.

"I also agree: time is being wasted while we stand here delegating who does what. Since the ships left in Darth Wicked's wake appear to be too small to accommodate those who will go to Dagobah, I suggest we all return to K'eel Doba. There are more than Sith ships alone at Ch'arlingua; perhaps there will be something our friends will be able to fly. And as current Dark Lady, I can assure them safe and free passage from the planet, too."

She let forth a tiny smile, then raised a hand in preparation of opening up a Portal back to the Temple of the Warriors.

"For the sake of expediency, I suggest those who deign not to join us simply remain behind; I see no need to debate the merits of who travels to Phrinnchatka with Lord Phalomir and who does not, other than those who need to come along."

She paused again, this time to turn to Phalomir.

"I suggest stealth, my lord, in the release of Thoran. The warriors will most certainly not welcome Rykounagin back after all he has done; shall I open a portal to the dungeons that, unseen by the eyes of others, we might at least finalize what is necessary to send the pair along the path we have chosen for them to follow?

"We can then return here, and then back again into the Temple proper, from whence all our remaining plans might be implemented."

[ 09-30-2007 01:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-30-2007 02:06 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir, haunted by a feeling that something was missing from this plan, shrugged off his doubt and nodded.

“Yes,” he said. “They should be released immediately and quietly. The General will hopefully be amenable to reason, and we must send Thoran immediately to aid Rykounagin. The rest of the plan feels sound. Also, there is a ship in Ch’arlingua that could possibly be used, but I first want it searched and emptied. I speak of the ship we used to place Korris’ian into the Elseness. But, yes, it all begins with a trip to the dungeon, my lady.”

Phalomir smiled, his doubt replaced by a sudden feeling of wholeness. It was indeed good to be talking to Jharmeen again, to be standing in her presence and know it was actually her he was addressing. He knew there were dark times to come, but he knew also that they would be strong together.

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05