my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Elseness (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Elseness
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-27-2004 12:53 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
OOC: Rykounagin comes in from Catch as Catch Can thread in the "Sith/Jedi" forums, thank you.))

Eternity. That was what surrounded him, eternity. But, maybe eternity was a good thing. No pain, no thought, no emotion. But, he needed to know. To know what it was the kept his memories from him.

He had vague memories of doing battle with his sabres, with swords and other weapons, but in those he could not see his foes faces.

However, he kept seeing a face. But he couldn't see it quite well. He decided he'd work on that, and in the mean time. He would finally see that face, and know it's meaning.

[ 05-28-2004 08:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.208.193
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-27-2004 02:54 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The face had begun to become clearer. Well it's a he, that's definate. It looks like....

White hair.... and red eyes. Red eyes? He'd never heard of of anyone human with red eyes in his memory. Yet oddly, it seemed to fit. Strange....

Mayhaps he has some importance, but I don't think I see a connection with anything yet. I guess I'll have to keep trying to connect in the mean time.

[ 05-28-2004 08:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.208.193
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-28-2004 08:37 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A black sword. He held a black sword. It was not long, only a foot or two long. He held it easily. Yet it seemed to drain him just to hold it, was it the swords weight? Or maybe it was the strain of remembering the forgotten.

He waved the sword around, cutting the air like a child with a stick, pretending he's the greatest fighter in the galaxy. "My hands are clean." He didn't think this, but only thought it, as he saw it in his memories. But wait, there it is. My hands are painted still. Not painted, but scribed. Not scribed, but born.

But born? How could someone be born with hands like these? It's not possible. He was no expert at biology, but unless it was a deformation, it didn't seem possible. But what if I was born with these, what would make that so important? Or maybe they aren't important, maybe I'm so unimportant that I want anything unusual about me to be important.

But no, a voice came from the memories, a deep voice of someone familiar, "You are special, not in the way most would speak of it. You are truely special, as are all of us. For we are unique, the only ones of our kind. There are only two of us, only two of us. Hence only you and the other are special, however, the rest of us, the both of us, not you, are not special. Our ability to be special is gone with you. You carry what we once had, and soon we will be a part of you. But until then, you the both of you are special."

What was that supposed to mean? It just didn't make sense, none of it did.

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.41.138.98
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 06-01-2004 03:59 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Maybe I'll just fade into the emptyness. Maybe they'll never summon me again, so that I'll sit in this eternal limbo forever. But I can't give into a hopelessness that has befallen many before me, that has consumed them and destroyed them.

No, I must stand and await my passage of time through this place. I just wish they could hurry up, at this point, the river of available recallable memories has dried up. I wonder if like I thought before, this is all happening at accellerated speed, or they've forgotten me and I'm thinking so slowly, that they're already dead.

No, it must move in realtime, otherwise, sending someone here would be suicide to the rest of the galaxy.

I could try to find my way out, but.... I must stay here for the sake of my master. But now I must wonder who Aelvedaar is. The axis had better be right about all of this, or it will feel cold death before I am to fall before their might.

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.221.196
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 06-06-2004 11:34 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
But no time to dispair. But it is not only my hands that are not clean. No, this filth that covers me, that seeks to consume me covers all of me, and the only part that is sane is my face, and the rest of my head. The rest of me is stained, permanantly washed in these lines and designs.

But what is it that they mean? What is their purpose, or is their purpose to invade, desive and destroy me? No, they serve a purpose, a purpose that none of us see in the hiding clouds, the swirling mists of our mysteries and and deseptions. It is these mysterious and deseptions that make us strive. Make us move on to discover them, to find their answers and make them a part of us.

But what happens when we find all the answers, and the questions we ask run dry. Do we stop there? Do we halt? Or is it that we will wither away and become forever lost, to create new questions for those who come after? Or maybe we just stand in this eternity. Maybe this eternity never ends, and yet when it all runs dry, the river will come around in a circle, and the questions of old will become the questions of the new.

These, runes. These, paterns. Whatever one would call or describe them as, have served, will serve, or do serve a purpose. It is just that this purpose hides from us. Mayhaps it will decieve us, give us false answers, then when we see them as false, we will seek them again, and find new answers. Maybe these will be false yet again, but we will continue to proceed to find their answers.

Mayhaps we will fade away, and our children will seek the answers to the questions that have been bestowed upon them in the form of these runes and designs, all etched togther in their black eternities. Mayhaps they hold a patern that need only be found to find the answer to them.

But I will find these answers.

But wait. What if I know the answers, or once knew them, and have only forgotten for a while. Will they come back to me? Or will I forget forever, never to know and to have questions of eternity never answered?

All I can do is wait, wait for them to come to me. Or if they forsake me, that I find them, all in due time.

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 69.29.253.50
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 06-12-2004 02:39 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"The sith, the sith have and always will be our masters," someone had once said to him. "You belong to them, and if they wish to claim you, you have no right to refuse. It is due to them you have powers, and through those powers they have binded you, ourselves, and everyone else before us."

"However, be warned that another sith has the power to control you. If they can break the minor sorceric enchantments, they can and almost certainly will control and use you to their will, be careful."

"However, it is our legacy. Through this legacy, we are weapons. We are tools to our masters, we are disposable to the highest degree, and even though our masters have been gone for mellenia, be assured that one day they will come, and they will once again use us.

Just remember, you have a purpose, and it is through that purpose that we survive.

[ 06-12-2004 03:06 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.209.44
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 06-16-2004 05:11 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
That is all that came to Rykounagin, the only things he could recall and think off.

So now I wait in this eternal abyss of a prison, with nothing that I can accomplish.... Or can I?

Rykounagin leaned up from his previous laying upon the nothingness that supported him.

If the past is right, these markings have power. Maybe I can learn to use it.

He now stood up, and decided to concentrate upon the markings upon his hands.

Nothing....

Then, he felt something build. But it felt as though a dam stood in the way. Keep pushing, he thought.

Then it suddenly disappeared, and he felt incredibly drained.
Did I imagine?, was his last thought before he slipped into a long deep darkness.

[ 06-16-2004 05:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.215.73
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 06-24-2004 12:10 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After an eternity, the darkness faded. Not going to try that, EVER, again. Rykounagin thought.

But looking up, he suddenly saw, no, more like felt something ahead.

He got up and moved towards it. It was small, like a dying candle, yet it burned with an intense ferocity.

He moved closer, then suddenly, with great unexpected force, was hurled backwards.

It felt as if he was thrown through fire, ice, and every possible element. What is this power, this emotion that bars my passage? It's so alien, yet it feels familiar, as though from a long time ago. Is it, love?

Rykounagin shook the thought from his head, as if such a pitiable emotion could exist in such a cold barren place such as this.

Then, he saw yet another thing. It was almost like a gateway, a like looking through a mirror to see another world, rather than yourself.

It appeared to be a room in some unknown location, similar to those back in the Temple that Graysith had thrown him here from.

He got up, unawares that he was wounded from every pore, unawares of the blood that covered him.

He moved towards it, but it seemed to slowly shrink. No! I must not be left behind, I must make it!

He forced himself forward, fire coursing in his veins, he moved onward. He came before it, yet it repelled him with all it's might.

Suddenly he found himself lying on cold stone, sharp voices surrounding him. He could not remember learning the language they spoke, yet he understood their sharp tones.
"Fetch the master! Fetch him quickly, 'nother strange one! Quick! Quick!"

With that, his energy faded, and he again, slipped away, into the darkness.

(((OOC: Rykounagin has fallen through the portals of the Elseness, into The Flame, Triumphant, Burns, in this forum, thank you.)))

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.77.241
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 01-04-2005 12:11 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: The part of Ragorian's spirit trapped in the Elseness by Aelvedaar enters from The Flame, Triumphant, Burns i nthis forum. Thank you.))

Trapped...

The word seemed to boom in the silence, echoing throughout the blank, white entirety of the Elseness, echoing inside Ragorian's own head.

I am trapped again. Imprisioned. Alone. Forgotten.

Truer by the day this seemed to him. Although he could still feel the rest of himself, the rest of the we that was he, it seemed distant, preoccupied. The whole of him grew further away from this piece as time went on.

Time...how long has it been? How long has there been silence? How long has there stillness? Does it matter? Why ask these questions? There is no one to answer...

Suddenly he heard, echoing as if from far away, racous cackling, insane laughter. It was his own, he realized. His own mind...the lost part of it, the part shattered by the first great silence. It had returned to haunt him.

No one to answer! it mimiced him gleefully. Never anyone to answer! Was there EVER anyone to answer? No! Only you and only me! Forever this shall be! Lost and forsaken are we, for all eternity!

Forcefully, the sane side of Ragorian stifled this madness, contained him, shut him away in a deep, dark corner of the mind.
Yet gone, Ragorian knew it certainly was not. It would be back. It always came back.

Just like last time.. his mind moaned forlornly.

Just as it was last time...we are trapped.

Trapped...

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.102.53
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 01-04-2005 01:13 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He knew not how long he sat there in silent reverie, lost in his own thought, his own memory. But eventually, he was drawn out of it, called out of it by a pull on his own spirit. For a moment he was bewildered, unaware that he had been drawn back to the now, unaware that he was not wandering his own mind any longer. But his instinct was speaking, something had pulled at him.
Something has happened...

What it was, he did not know. But something was wrong, he could sense it. Where he gained this instinct was a mystery to him. Until he remembered the rest of his spirit, which dwelled on the outside of the Elseness. Reaching out to it, he found that he could not touch it. It was still there, surely...but it, no he...was simply not...alive anymore.

In a panic, he tried his hardest, stretching out to reach the rest of the spirit, the rest of himself. But that spirit was not alive. It was not dead either; it had not been slain, obviously, or all of Ragorian would have ceased to exist. No, from what he could tell, the rest of his spirit had simply...stopped.

But how could that be possible? From what he could sense of his spirit, it had simply ceased all action, all activity. t was not sleeping, comatose, or anything of the sort. It was doing simply nothing at all, not in mind or body. It was as if it had been frozen in time.

Was that possible? Surely it did not seem logical. And yet, how else to explain this phenomenon, this complete halt to the majority of his spirit? Death was the only other way he could think of, and surely that had not happened.

Perhaps, it occured to him, this was some doing of the power he could not understand...the power that Graysith, ShaRhylla, and Aelvedaar so weilded. The Force, he had heard it called, or something close to that. Could this Force have imprisioned his spirit so? How could that be done? Certainly, it was beyond any Sith magic that he knew, or indeed could fathom. But that Force, that unfamiliar power, it had been awesome indeed, the few times he had faced it.

The unfamiliarity of the power ignited his natural curiosity, which he now directed towards this idea of the Force: What was it? Where did it come from? Could he find it, and weild it? For, he was sure, it was that pwoer, not Sith magick, that had imprisioned him here. Could it free him as well?

And still there was the question of what had happened to him. So many questions to answer. Questions that could allow him ,for a time, at least, to block out the silence, the torture of his prison.

Part of his mind continued analyzing the condition of his larger spirit outside the Elseness, attempting to figure out what had happened to it. Part of it continued along the sudden interest he had developed in the Force, searching his midn for all he had hear about it, some way to reach it. Yet still, though he tried to stop it, the greater part of his mind wallowed in despair, battled with insanity, dropped back int othe darkness of his first imprisonment, wandering his own mind for an escape from the silence.

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.102.53
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-09-2005 11:39 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Enter the Sith worlds of Korris'ian and Korriban, along with their sun, from The Natural Order in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 65.103.180.175
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 01-10-2005 12:05 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ragorian's mind snapped back to the present with a flash. All his divided attention, the different tasks he had been working on, vanished, and the part of him lost in his own memories fled those halls. All the attention this part of him could give focused on the Elseness, on the prison he had been placed in.

For the Elseness, it seemed was being changed. He could sense it, somehow. At first, he was bewildered as to where this sense was coming from, but then his instinct kicked in, and he realized that this feeling he was getting was that of the non-ness that surrounded him opening somehow, somewhere, a sudden door to Something unlocked amidst the Nothing.

All his senses were focused towards this door, this opening in the Elseness. For emenating from it, he could sense an incredible power, the likes of which left him awestruck. There was Sith magick in that power, tha he could easily sense, but once again there was that potent something more. That something he had felt few times before, around ShaRhylla, Lord Aelvedaar, and Lady Graysith. The Force, the All, whatever it was called. It was combining with Sith magick, thrumming in harmony with it, a high All-melody complementing the low tones of the magick. And this power, this music, was doing...something incredible.

His internal battle lasted mere moments. His natural curiosity, fueled by his awe and intrigue at this power, as well as the undeniable call of some opening, an escape from the Elseness, took over quickly. He had to find out what was happening in the Elseness.

But even before he could pursue his curiosity, it happened. The power ended. The opening closed. And Ragorian's perspective was, momentarily, completely gone. And the Nothing around him turned upside down. For, without any warning to him, it had given birth to Something. And that Something was all around him.

His mind whirled in complete disorientation, then finally it cleared, and he attempted to come to grips with his situation. Matter surrounded him, a familiar, comforting feeling. Quick examination told him that the matter his spirit now was surrounded by was stone. Also, he again felt the imprisionment the greater part of him felt inside his vessel, the blade, but to a lesser extent, as though he were merely inside a shelter, not infused with it. Probing further, he found that his senses could reach outside this stone, to what seemed to be a sandy desert beyond. His spirit, it seemed, was inside a fairly large boulder in the middle of a barren wasteland.

His immediate examinations stopped, and utter confusion took over. How was this possible? Matter suddenly just...forming around him? And not just any matter. if he senses told him correct, he was on an entire planet. But what in the multiverse was a planet doing here?

Could this, then, be what that immense power he felt had accomplished? Was that its purpose? Moving an entire planet into the Elseness? The sheer impossibility of it screamed at him, yet he knew that it was perhaps the only explanation possible now. Other questions, questions uncountable, rose in his mind, but he pushed them down. He would figure out his immediate situation first, and then he would attempt to figure out what, how, and why.

He focused himself on the stone around him, on the tie his spirit had to it. He could not be entirely sure, but for now the stone only felt like a palce of safekeeping, a home of sorts. He knew, or at least was quite sure that he could completely transfer his spirit out of this rock, if he so desired.

Or, if there was anything to transfer it to.

Now, he senses spread across the newfoudn planet, searching for some sort of life form in this wasteland. And he found it, found much more than he expected. There were many creatures on this planet, native ones, so it seemed. And some of these were quite near to him.

The very beginnings of an idea began to form in Ragorian's mind. If he could get one of these nearby creatures to touch the rock he now inhabited, he could siphon himself into it, perhaps, make it a host or share its body. Then he would be able to actually travel the planet, and perhaps begin to find some way out of it. How he did not know, but when it came to that, he would confront it then. For now, his focus was on a pack of the hound-like creatures of the planet, and one hound in particular, one that happened to be wandering quite close to his stone...

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.97.52
Yrrulk'kto

Broken Back Button

Member # 584

posted 01-12-2005 09:22 PM     Profile for Yrrulk'kto   Author's Homepage   Email Yrrulk'kto     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Over now the hunt is, home do we return triumphant. Across wide hot-sands race I, brothers beside me are. Overhill we crest, pack there awaits return of we Huntbrothers, great glory-cry given at our coming. Firstwatcher awaits; away does Bloodseeker send us to our own-walking.

Away stide I from greater-pack. Still feel I the bloodlust of hunt, still does it fill me. Seek I rest, place of calm.

There. Large sand-stone, good for rest and sunning. Climb I atop it, stretching out for long rest-time.

Tense I suddenly, my hackles raise. Sense I something...strange-feeling, other-feeling, wrong feeling. From stone comes feeling, through stone odd-sensation am I getting. Into my mind comes something...beckon, call, speak it does to me.

No...speak stones do not! What trickery this, some treachery says I! But still voice whispers...power, it promises. Honor, it promises. Warn me against trickery does my mind. But heart...yearns for its promises does my heart.

Desire I.

Listen I...

Posts: 4 | From: At the forefront of the Hunt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  Logged: 67.4.97.207
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 01-25-2005 11:35 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ragorian focused interestedly as the hound-like creature approached the stone he inhabited. Closer and closer it meandered, finally crawling on top of the stone as though it sought a place of rest. As its body came in contact with the stone, Ragorian made his move.

Tentatively he reachedo out to the mind of this creature, testing the waters that he meant to enter. To his surprise and curiosity, the creatures mind pulled away from him...in surprise and confusion, as though it was not used ot hearing stones speak. As he wandered the edges of the hound's mind, he sensed within a much for sophisticated intelligence than he had first assumed...it was something between animal and human.

Considering this information, Ragorian formed a different possible course of action than total domination of its mind, which he had been planning before. Reaching out with a slight tendril of his spirit, he entered the creatures mind, probing, and learning. He learned its desires, those held deep within its heart, desires of power and glory and honor. And, using his innate persuasive talents, he spoke to the creature seductively, promising all of these, if it would allow him into its mind, allow them to form an alliance, and if it would teach him about its people.

He observed, amused, the internal debate his words caused upon the creature, a struggle between its sensible mind and yearning heart. Finally, heart won out, and the door swung open to Ragorian, who promptly took the cue and entered the mind of the creature, leaving the stone behind and transferring all of his spirit to it.

Immediatly he was assaulted with a flood of images, emotions, information, and questions from the creature, which he spent a few moments putting these into logical order. And from them he learned much.

The tuk'ata... he thought to himself. That is what they are called. The name strikes a chord of familiarity...but where and when have I heard this name, encountered these creatures before?

For a moment he considered delving back into his age-old memory to find the recognition of these creatures it produced, but still the tuk'ata called out to him, its questions and desires pulling at him. And he needed this creature as an ally, so his own delving would have to wait. Scanning the tuk'ata's mind again, he found the information he would need for the present, including this interesting tuk'ata's name.

"Greetings, friend Yrrulk'kto, he said soothingly, drawing on what he had learned of the creature's thought-patterns and making sure it would interpret his words in its own peculiar manner. "Well-met, noble Huntbrother. Do not worry, my young friend, for I am an ally, yes, and one to be trusted. I only wish to learn more of the tuk'ata, and who better than mighty Yrrulk'kto to teach me of their honor and power?"

"Please, my ally. Take me to your pack, your family, so that I may see more of your amazing people. Lead on, friend Yrrulk'kto. There is much for us to learn of each other, as well."

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.101.208
Yrrulk'kto

Broken Back Button

Member # 584

posted 01-26-2005 06:45 PM     Profile for Yrrulk'kto   Author's Homepage   Email Yrrulk'kto     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As stone-voice speaks, fade does strange-feeling. Good-voice this, friend-voice, trusted-voice. Sing it in my heart-of-hearts, praising words, promising words. Desire I these words.

Desires does this stonevoice, friendvoice have as well. Wishes it to learn of my Brothers and Sisters, of all the grandstories, honor-tales of Watchers and Hunters. Speak I now to Friendvoice.

"Great-knowledge yearned for, Friendvoice. All-Knowledge young Huntbrother cannot provide, though offer I what can give I."

And at Friendvoice's urging, back towards herd I begin walking...

Posts: 4 | From: At the forefront of the Hunt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  Logged: 67.4.103.241
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 01-26-2005 07:26 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: From "Not Lost, Yet Not Found in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

ShaRhylla's smile broadened further.

"No need to imagine that which is obvious, and no need to tarry in boredom waiting for the dog of an assassin to find his way here."

With no further ado, she closed her eyes in concentration, one hand once more reaching out to rend open the very fabric of space and time. For, being the one to open the portal into the Elseness and fling the blade therein, she likewise could re-open it and seek him once again.

It took but a moment, for indeed there is no time where there is no dimension.

Something black and noisome yowled in the corners of existence as she thrust one arm in the portal, up to the shoulder. Eagerly grasping fingers easily found that which she had placed there, indeed for safe-keeping. A little grunt, a pulling back, another wrenching tug of one hand...

...and the Portal was closed. She stood where she was, the Finger of R'lous in one hand, the Blade which housed Ragorian's spirit held firmly in the other.

Smiling, she held the blade up to her face and spoke to it.

"Dear Ragorian, did you think I had abandoned you? Nay; the assassin would have taken you from me; I was watching over you all the time.

"Now that you are safely back with me here, I have a proposition for you. I know who you are, and what it is that you seek...."

((OOC: Follow ShaRhylla and the Blade of Chaos back into Not Lost, Yet Not Found, thank you.))

[ 01-26-2005 07:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 04-20-2005 10:39 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Yrrulk'kto finished its reply to him, Ragorian was assaulted with yet another flood of images and senses, these ones sent his way by the young tuk'ata. For a moment he was bewildered by the sheer volume, but as he began to sort through the collection, he noticed they were all memories of Yrrulk'kto's, memories of his pack and their various leaders back through the years.

He had asked for knowledge of their back, and Yrrulk'kto had responded with literally all he had. Exasperated yet amused, he immediatly dictated a part of his many-layered conciousness to the task of studying the vast deluge of memories, sorting them, and learning all it could from them.

And learn much he did. Names began surfacing in his mind, classifications, a strict hierarchy that took moments to sort through.

So, he dictated back to himself, the clan is made up of Huntbrothers, the strongest and fittest males who hunt for the pack, and Watchers, the females and those males too young to hunt. The Huntbrothers are led by the Bloodseeker, a male, and the watchers are led by Underwatcher, a female. The whole pack is presided over by the Firstwatcher, who can be challenged for leadership...

Most interesting. These tuk'ata are far more intelligent and sophisticated than I would have thought.

A sudden tendril of surprise curled into his mind, generated by the part of him examining Yrrulk'kto's memories. Shifting his focus to these, he found what had caused it: his mind had accessed a group of memories quite unlike those it had examined so far; memories of Yrrulk'kto on the hunt. It had been surprised mainly because of the emotions, Yrrulk'kto's emotions, that had come along with the memory: extreme excitement, bloodthinning tension, and fierce joy saturated the entire fiber of the young tuk'ata's being.

Intrigued, Ragorian opened this memory further, immersing himself in the experience. Something about the entire thing pulled at him with a startling familiarity. As the memory flowed around him, surrounding him with the experience of the hunt, his own memory called out to him, from depths that he had not reached in years immeasurable.

And suddenly he was being pulled in, his mind sinking into its own dark depths for the first time in eons...

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 24.8.206.27
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-21-2005 02:46 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: Shayla et al enter from All That We See in this same forum.)))

Shayla looked to Jharmeen, and nodded solemly. She knew the All usage ability was buried somewhere in her mind from her direct access, and that there was in all likelyhood no way she could get to it...
...but she could sure try. If nothing else, the lending of her strength should be enough to help Jharmeen be strong enough to open a large portal. So, without hesitation, Shayla took Jharmeen's hand, nodding once to show that she was ready, and closing her eyes, drawing her strength together and then sending it to her Chosen sister.

Even as she did so, Shayla knew that their efforts were not in vain, for she could feel the shift in their location, via the Force if nothing else.

As she opened her eyes, Shayla already knew they were in the Elseness, and no longer enroute to Khar Delba...

[ 09-21-2005 02:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-21-2005 02:56 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's violet eyes flew open as the tenuous link she had established via Panthar suddenly expanded from just that and into something else.

Something far, far larger. Something that was pure certainty, as sure as a ship's proximity sensor warns its crew of an approaching planet.

Not waiting to ask any other to perform the task, she lunged forward, slapped her hand upon the communications sigil.

"Terrin, Galen-- are you with us?" she asked quickly, concern evident in her voice and in her eyes.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 09-21-2005 03:06 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Yeah, we're with you," I commed quickly back, unable to supress a shudder as a further dance along the mysterious sigils and glyphs which comprised the command boards of this Sith fighter revealed the weird non-ness of this no-place we had just lurched into.

"My favorite place in all the Universe-- or not," I muttered, wincing at the truly unintended double play on words that had just fallen like bricks from my mouth. I shot Terrin a "hey!" sort of look, then returned to the boards.

That "hey" burst out of me then, in all its glory.

"Hey!" I said, smiling a little with relief.

"I show a planet up ahead, about 450 klicks. I bet it's Koris'ian..."

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 09-21-2005 03:15 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin returned the look. "Or it could be Korriban," Terrin replied, frowning. "I sure hope we're right that our little visit here won't upset The Eyes. The first time around was well more than enough..."

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 09-23-2005 03:48 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I smiled, somewhat shyly.

"Personally, I'm kinda glad about our experience here the last time," I murmurered, reaching over to lay my hand against the strong planes of Terrin's face, to draw him sideways that I could give him a quick peck on the cheek.

Our eyes met. A heartbeat ticked past.

I turned back to the controls.

"I'm sure this is the right place; I am picking up tons of flora, and from what I remember of Korriban, it's a dustball of a rock.

"Let's head on down. Damn the Eyeballs, full speed ahead!"

Letting my fingers dance a peculiar little polka on the boards, I soon felt the familiar tug as gravity tried to take hold of us and crush us against the crust of the planet below. I, of course, would have nothing of that, deftly handling the little fighter just as I had my dear Jesters,.

A sudden thunk announced our planetfall.

Swallowing, I powered down and contacted the other ship, letting them know we had landed.

Eyeballs be damned indeed...

"Shall we depart?" I asked, still trying to put up a brave front, for if the truth were told, I was suddenly scared spitless.

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 09-23-2005 09:04 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was a good thing the little Sith fighter had its eerie ability to handle swift landings.

Damn, but Galen oculd fly. I mean, how many other people could make a landing like, Sith ship or no?

Trying to lighten up the suddenly ominious feeling, Terrin said as much, then sobered. "Regarding departing, there's no time like the present," he agreed, getting to his feet and then offering Galen a hand as she vacated the pilot's station. His blue eyes met her baby browns again. Another heartbeat passed.

He could swim in them forever..

"And as for our last experience here...I'm kinda glad we had it as well. And if I haven't mentioned it...

...thank you. For risking yourself to save me."

He leaned over then, his lips meeting hers for a moment before his eyes wandered to the hatch of the little fighter. As he and Galen then headed for in that direction and it opened, Terrin recalled that the last time they were at this point a chorus of singing tuk'ata welcomed them.

Kriffing hell, was it going to be the same this time around?

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 09-23-2005 09:14 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Shayla piloted the Corellian ship to an exceptionally graceful landing considering its bulk, Erik pursed his lips thoughtfully. As she then cooled the engines of the ship and opened the hatch, they received Galen's message that they had also arrived. Erik vaguely heard his wife reply that they were on their way out as well.

He was thinking. Now where was that device he and Panthar had encountered?

"I hope you remember where the device was, or that tuk'ata can lead you back to it, cause as I recall, it was a ways within the Temple..."

Erik trailed, pausing midstep from his pathway to the hatch of the ship, a noise from outside the ship catching his attention.

Was that the growl of a tuk'ata?

He asked as much out loud. Then he looked back at Panthar finished with. "I sure hope that is your buddy."

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Md'diffnnd

Member # 519

posted 09-24-2005 09:18 AM     Profile for Md'diffnnd   Author's Homepage   Email Md'diffnnd     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Returned they have… Coldness, timeless, we feel it. But knowing why, we survive.

The old tuk’ata followed the trail through the forest and around the temple. It had been waiting, sensing the search, sensing Panthar. Now it stood waiting as the first of the ships landed, followed by the next. As the doors opened he stepped from the woods and announced his presence with a growl.

Then he turned his face to the sky and howled. Long, mournful, and wailing. It was lonely now, caught in the vast nothingness of the Elseness and knowing that it was fate. Losing connection with the Temples, not able to sense the power of the three. Yet it knew that for everything there is a reason, and it accepted its fate.

It lowered its head to Panthar as the Sith disembarked, its tentacles falling limp. Knowing what Panthar sought, it then lifted its head and walked to him, licking his hand and running its face tendrils along Panthar’s head. It then turned towards the Temple and walked at a slow pace, looking back once to make sure it was being followed.

It passed through the trees and into the clearing where the group’s previous ship sat and waited to be followed.

Posts: 19 | From: | Registered: Nov 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05