my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Elseness (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Elseness
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-28-2005 12:15 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The frown that had planted itself upon my features upon hearing Oni's little speech promptly darkened.

"What do you mean, there is more afoot in K'eel Doba?" I asked, nearly growling. Choking that growl into an indrawn breath, I hefted my little demonic pal a bit. It merely responded by scooching it's hiney a little higher so that its netherparts were resting on my hips, it's clawed little hands around my neck--

Oh joy.

--while it's scorpion-like tail lashed about over my head. I did the best I could to ignore its nasty-looking tip, from which an even nastier green ichor of some kind was dripping.

"And my mechanical friend,"I went on, turning now to Oni. "If you would be so kind as to go into a bit of detail about what you referred to, I think it's something we all need to be made aware of before we go shooting off into Phrinnchatka again."

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 11-28-2005 12:24 AM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
We examined her critically, almost amused at how she looked like some parody to a childrens entertainer, instead of a bright woman she looked like she'd shoot you, and instead of a cute little furry animal there was a- well, demon.

"First off, there is obviously a conspiracy. While gracing the ceiling of the hall, I was witness to many an interesting conversation, seeing as many of you had been put up for the murder of someone that we now know is alive-" We gestured at Graysith.

"One could deduce, since Phalomir saw the "corpse", yet she stands here well and healthy, that someone tried to frame us for murder. However, we also should be careful, as if there was a corpse, there was either a very fast cloner, or a shapeshifter. Apparently, a sith of Rank was also injured by a "demon", which if I am correct in believing they do not normally exist on the common plane, is slightly unusual. Finally, there is the fact that Graysith's Daughter, ShaRhylla, seems to be running the place."

We paused for a moment, looking directly at Galen. "Unless I am HIGHLY mistaken, none of these things are what one would call your every-day dealings. Because of these events, we are forced to believe that there is something afoot."

--------------------

"Gods are make believe friends for Adults. The only true god is that of science."

Posts: 102 | From: The Prison of our Minds | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 71.208.74.149
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-28-2005 12:39 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Damn Skippy there's something afoot!"

Now I found myself forcing my scowl to deepen, for scrabbling to overcome it was an instinctive rush of fear and worry for Darra's sake, and I didn't want anyone in the group to think I was going to go running off helter-skelter simply from maternal reactionism.

Even if that's exactly what was fueling me at the moment.

"Buddy, I hope your guestimation that Darra is safe is a good one, because I'll tell ya, logic is screaming at me that she just might be next in line. I mean, look at it like this--"

I paused, casting a glance around until it came to rest upon my sister. It was all I could do to keep from springing at her, but I managed.

"I know Darra was artificially aged-- and for a specific reason, right?"

Jharmeen shifted her feet a little, but if she was feeling any discomfort at all she sure wasn't showing it other than that. I scowled, and went on.

"If ShaRhylla is supposedly running the show, then I think Darra's in incredible danger... unless she's involved in this as well. For if someone is trying take control of Phrinnchatka, wouldn't it make sense to eliminate the entire lineage?

"Look, someone tried to kill Jharmeen, or at least make it look like she was killed. Whether or not this was due to ShaRhylla, who can say."

I paused a quick moment, an image of an arrogant, defiant, flame-headed teen rising up in my mind's eye. I hadn't had much in the way of dealing with my niece, but from what I remembered, in either case she was not going to be fun to approach.

"All I know is what you have said: that someone tried to either kill Jharmeen or make it look like she was killed. Other than ShaRhylla, isn't Darra the only other relative, except for Recinis and Jharu?"

That thought jerked me off into another direction entirely.

"Hey, whatever happened to them anyway?"

Shifting the demon yet again, I turned to look at Jharmeen. She was suddenly finding her feet to be the most interesting objects in the universe; I blinked, surprised to see her actually looking uncomfortable.

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 12-04-2005 11:52 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir looked to Jharmeen, then to Shayla. Both women moved their eyes to floor, as if searching for words. Phalomir raised an eyebrow and turned to Galen.

“Some time ago, shortly after my – arrival, Recinis had returned to K’eel Doba for a brief time after being away for an extended period. He brought Jharu with him. I do not know the details, but events led Recinis to challenge Roan for the Lordship of the Warriors. Before this challenge could take place, however, I had my own accidental altercation with Roan and, well, he was killed. Recinis again disappeared shortly after this, and left Jharu with Jharmeen. The boy was shortly thereafter captured by Lord Aelvedaar… well, now we know it was not truly the Dark Lord. We tried to rescue the boy, only to discover he had been advanced in years. The last I knew, he was still on K’eel Doba. Is he still, my lady?”

[ 12-04-2005 11:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-05-2005 12:12 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith kept her head tilted downward, as if the tips of her toes were suddenly the most fascinating thing she had ever seen in her life. For a long moment she remained silent, her face hidden behind her hair. Then the flaming tresses were flung back as she jerked her head suddenly upright.

"I do not know where my son is," she said simply, then refused to speak any further on the subject.

A moment's uncomfortable pause ensued before she finally broke the pregnant silence.

"We should return to Phrinnchatka; do we need our ships, or shall we keep them safely hidden here in the Elseness? I can open up a portal through which we might return more quickly than if we flew."

She did not bother to explain that it was via the link she held with the young Jhin'Darra that such a portal might be opened...

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 12-05-2005 12:29 AM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The imp on Galen’s back shifted nervously and climb higher until its face peeked out over Galen’s flame colored hair and its claws joined together in the center of her forehead..

“We needs to move now, no ships is worth making long times. Recinusss matter not, Jar-hoo matter not. What matter for you is Master, Roan, daughter thing of Roan, and – other thing. Is other thing why I came, Roan betraying Master, make plan of dark evil. Forgets all else, yous must, needs go now and stops darkness.”

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 12-05-2005 12:46 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
During this exchange I have been standing back a bit, quietly with my Chosen Son. But as the group finalizes their plans, I realize that it is time that I speak up.

"I shall return to Khar Delba with Aeylmaar," I say, shattering their trains of thought as judged by the rapid manner in which heads turn my way, eyes widening to various degrees.

None more so than my Chosen Daughter; a smile creases my face as I now approach her, raise a hand to gently touch her cheek.

"You risked much to release me; fear not, my child. I do not do this to evade you and the dangers you will be facing. Rather, I and my adopted Heir will be of the greatest benefit to you in the haven of my Inner Sanctum, where I have access to my devices."

My smile widens as I see that brief stab of worry lessen, as I note their bodies beginning to relax, if only a fraction.

"I am ever within your reach, you know this."

With that I raise my hand, open my own Portal between time, and accompanied by my son step back into the blessed familiarity of my sanctuary in the Great Temple of the Sorcerers on Khar Delba.

((OOC: Follow Aelvedaar and Aeylmaar back into My Enemy, My Ally in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, thank you.))

[ 12-05-2005 12:57 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by patternghost ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 12-06-2005 12:46 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir blinked and looked away from the spot that Aelvedaar and his son had walked through. He again regarded the unexplained imp on Galen's back, wrinkled his mouth into a puzzled frown, and exhaled. He then turned to Jharmeen.

He caught her eyes, and although he stood in the cold shadowed armory of a long deserted temple, he instantly felt at home in her gaze. Whatever scars, mental or physical, remained from his ordeal were forgotten for the moment as his heart leapt with love and hope.

"My lady," he said, a smile forcing its way into his voice. "I agree, it is time to leave this place. Perhaps the ships are safest hidden here for the time, at least until we determine the situation on K'eel Doba."

He cocked his head at her, concerned.

"You have been through much as of late, are you able to open a portal?"

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 12-07-2005 12:35 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar felt a twinge in his hand and he reflexively winced. He looked down at the wound and saw the fresh bandage he had just applied was already soaked with the strange violet Sith blood.

At this rate I’ll bleed to death, he thought, and I won’t have to worry about the trouble we’re sure to run into.

He saw Jharmeen give Phalomir a “Oh, please, give me a break” look, and as she moved her hand to open a portal he nonchalantly thought about how natural she and Phalomir looked together. Another violent spasm in his hand cleared that thought, however, and then the pain quickly subsided.

His reaction to the pain brought a look from Shayla. He half smiled and held his hand up to indicate it was giving him trouble. He turned away as if to scan the room before departing, and Shayla followed Jharmeen through the portal. He sighed, knowing he had lost credibility with Erik, and probably everyone else who had been with him at the Flame. He didn’t know what had come over him, but he was determined not to let anything like that happen again.

He turned back to the waiting portal and stepped forward towards it. Everyone else had gone through, and he did not want to be left behind. Something made him glance towards the small red ball on the table, and he felt an incredible urge to pick it up. He paused and stared at it, his feet not responding to his commands to move towards the portal. He struggled with his own will, then finally lunged towards the ball, grabbed it, and shoved it inside his tattered robe. He then hastily went through the portal to join the others.

[ 12-07-2005 12:35 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-07-2005 12:42 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Please follow everyone -- Graysith, Phalomir, Shayla, Panthar, Galen, Terrin, Jasyn, Matt, Erik, Oni and Galen's New Pet -- back into Chasing the Shadows in the "Jedi/Sith" forums.

All other posting regarding the Elseness continues in Middlespace, Thirdspace in the "Jedi/Sith forums

This thread is hereby closed, thank you.))

[ 04-25-2006 03:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05