my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Guardians of Eternal Was (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Guardians of Eternal Was
Kreesha

Member # 413

posted 06-22-2003 09:23 PM     Profile for Kreesha   Author's Homepage   Email Kreesha     Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: continues from "Treading upon Ancient traditions"))
Her steps were swift upon the streets of the sith city... beneath the cowl of her hood she smiled secretivly... Happy to be once more upon the streets of her home...

She traveled swiftly... for indeed she had a destination in mind... And altho her steps were quick, they made not a sound upon the streets, her form remaining in the shadows...

Sub-conciously following a path traveled many times before, she found her way up the streets heading to the temple... She approuched the temple...

She stepped before the guards silently, reaching towards them with her will, causing there minds to wander for a brief second... But that brief second was all she needed to attain entrance to her home...

She smiled sweetly under the concealing shadows of her hood, her destination was in sight...
I am home... No more hidding from my failure... For i will claim my success... Ah... But not now... Yes, I will not fall to ignorance... I will not fall... now my lord... be in ready-ness...Now... I come for you... We shall be together once more...

Her turned down a variaty of passageway's, searching out her lord, doing her best to assure that her pressence was a mere shadowy day-dream to all that she passed...

After searching long and hard, folloing her feeligns... at least, what remained of them... She found him... Turning a corner she exited the shadows beside him... yet not revealing her full restoration, she merly bowed slightly in his presence. "my lord... Have i been missed?"

[ 06-22-2003 09:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kreesha ]

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 67.225.96.8
MindMaster

Member # 474

posted 06-22-2003 10:00 PM     Profile for MindMaster   Author's Homepage   Email MindMaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Clearly capable?" My lady, I may be mistaken, but it does mot seem you have that large of an army. The Empire controls most of the galaxy, with thousands upon thousands of soldiers. You could not do this with the warriors you have now.

I know you are powerful, Jharmeen, but your powers could not put that much of a dent into the Empire's forces by themselves. You would die from fatigue if you tried to do this.

However, my army and space fleet are vast, as they have been artificially created. With your Sith as the battle commanders, we could indeed match the empire.

However, the coup de grace would be these ancient All-weapons I have found. If you were to weild one, your power would be even more formidable.

My talents, as well, could make our army invincible. I could instantly connect the minds of the whole army together, allow instant communication between them. I could also probe the minds of the Empire's men, monitor communications and such.

You see, Graysith, we would make powerful allies indeed. We must join our forces. Together, we will be unstoppable.

The being fell silent, and thought to himself, not speaking to Graysith: And I will not take no for an answer

--------------------

I am the MindMaster. None can resist my control.

Posts: 29 | From: A secret place | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 204.32.197.160
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 06-22-2003 10:16 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The great Sith Lord simply remained where he was, staring out over the balcony upon the streets of Phrinnchatka which stretched before him. He came here every night, to stand alone like this, remembering how he used to do so with his Lady, how she would rub up against him like a cat, how he would turn to her with the proclamation that the shining lights below were no match for the splendor of her eyes, or the lustrous highlights of her hair.

Even now he could hear her respond to him, yet again, as he so often entertained when he stood in dark contemplation here. Only her voice sounded much stronger in his mind, in his ears....

He froze, then turned. One great clawed hand gripped the stone balustrade so hard it crumbled beneath his touch.

She was no entertainment, no mere shadowy memory of more pleasant times shared together.

She was here.

Dark Lord that he was, the cause of the death of many, the pain of more, the torture of yet others and the planned destruction of worlds...

...and he stood momentarily stricken in her presence.

"Kreesha..." he breathed, almost afraid that by saying her name she would disappear in a puff of laughing mirage.

But she did not. She remained before him, as beautiful as she ever was, and as strong... perhaps stronger.

Lithe and quick as a striking predator, he was with her. For one brief yet somehow eternal moment, he simply stood there, drinking in the sight of her, shaking his head in disbelief to note her fully restored horns, the fangs creeping from her smiling mouth, the sure strength of her sensuously muscled body...

Then she was in his arms, jerked fiercely to him, his breath hot upon her, his claws grasping her greedily.

Why was she back? How did this happen? She should not be here, it was dangerous to her, it would mean her death to be found by the Sith... and restored as she was? How?

He ignored it all, and merely gave himself over to the pleasures he thought he would never feel again.

[ 06-22-2003 10:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dark Lord Roan ]

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Kreesha

Member # 413

posted 06-22-2003 10:33 PM     Profile for Kreesha   Author's Homepage   Email Kreesha     Edit/Delete Post
She pulled slightly away from him, smiling up with her gleaming fangs. Her hand crept slowly up his chest, pausing momentarily to feel his heart beat, before continuing upwards to run a finger accross his jaw bone... Then with complete suddenness the claws on her fingers dug into his face, holding him tight so she could pull inward to embrace him in a passionate kiss...
As she broke away, she pulled her fingers to her lips to lick away his blood...

"I have returned my lord... This is not a dream... I have returned to take my revenge on her... Take my revenge on the wretch that left me with this..." She then lifted her other arm, revealing the portion of her body that was left unrestored.

"My lord... My father has seen fit to grant me life once more... Also has he sent me with this message... Hold your strength... For should you slip up, he that glows in emerald shall return to replace you... But worry not My lord... I will not let this happen... I will destroy any that stand in our way... I will slay any being who would dare challange our power... And i do indeed mean our power... That wretch will fall before me... When the time is right... I shall regain my honor."

She smiled up at him once more, and then wrapped herself into his arms to overlook the balcony.. Allowing her emotions to sweep through her body, and over take her...

It appears that not even S'slan himself may rip away the feelings i hold for my lord... This must be my anchor... It must be this that keeps me from losing myself to his fire... Love... THis is the only control i have... But it will be all i need as well.

with the thought completed she pressed more firmly into her Lords embrace... But was soon destracted by the thought of having to leave...indeed she could keep a few guards from not realizing she was about for a period of time... But for how long?

She turned slowly to him and pressed her will into his, leaving a small imprint within his concious. "remember how that feels my lord... For with that... You may find me wherever i may go..." With that she fell into silence, staring up at his strong features, imprinting them in her memory...

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 67.225.96.8
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-22-2003 10:35 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's fist clenched at her side.

"My strength is not enough, but your armies are so vast, so powerful as to engage in successful battle with the Reborn?" she shot back hotly. "I think not.

"Clearly, you have underestimated me again, Thing. What I wish to impose on who shall be in a time and place and means of my own choosing; I will ally with no other, nor will I be a tool to wield this so-called All-powered weapon you claim to have uncovered!

"I find it strange, Thing, that there is indeed such a weapon, when one considers that the All didn't come into being until it was made alive in me! How could such a thing have been created? And--"

Now she drew herself up even more haughtily, actually gathering her robe about herself as if to keep from being soiled.

"You speak lies to me; Lord Recinis is yet alive. Considering this, and the obvious falsity of the weapon you claim to exist, I am led to only one conclusion: It is the All you covet.

"And this you shall not have."

With that she made motion with one hand and slipped quickly from the Elseness, finding herself once again in the Great Dining Hall, trembling with a rage so great that she shuddered beneath the waves of it that coursed through her veins. Striding to the fireplace, she struck the mantle with one fisted hand, then let it remain there as she stood staring into the fire, seeking her former cool aloofness she knew was hiding somewhere in those suddenly mocking flames.

[ 06-22-2003 10:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 06-22-2003 10:52 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Continues from... Wherever the hell we left off... dont ask me to tell you... it hurts!))

Jharu sat in quiet meditation on the little sith freighter, heading through space, his eyes still closed his mind was exploring his inner feelings as he had learned to do often in his time with his father.

"Why father... Have you decided it is time to return? It makes no sense... I havnt had much success with learning to use the all... My memories of moth... Of mother-" as he spoke his face contorted slightly in pain at having to think of his seperation from his mother...
I miss you mommy... Please be there... Please let me come back... Please mom... I missyou so much..
The thought ran through his head quickly, and he did his best to put himself back under control.

Then his eyes opened slowly, revealing the utter brillience that his eyes presented, there emerald shot, violet depths seemed so full of curiocity one might think he was always thinking even when vacant in expression.

"father... Were you... Dissapointed that i couldnt control it? Youve stayed so quiet... I tried... I really did... But... I just dont undestand it... I mean... I do... But."

His eyes closed again as a thought smacked him dead in the face
I undestand... At least somewhat... But trying to use it... It... Mother... I miss you so much... it hurts to remember...

Jharu opened his eyes again as he heard his father rise and approuch him.

His father sat next to him and smiled gently before speaking. "son... You must undestand, im proud of you... Perhaps you can not control the powers in your blood... But that is of no fault of your own... it falls to no ones fault... And when you put your mind to learning what i had to teach, you did extremly well... IM sure your mother would be proud as well... Thigns are changing in the universe Jharu... It pains me to say... But im not sure how we will be greeted when we arrive at... Home..."

Jharu nodded and stood, walkign to the ships coordinate chart, he dropped them out of hyperspace, and began the landing proccess.

Jharu then closed his eyes again and reached out to a link he had tried to avoid durring his training... "Mother... We're... back... Can you hear me? I hope this works..."

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.8
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-22-2003 11:21 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's head jerked up from the flames as sudden ice replaced the rage formerly heating her veins. She blinked, blinked again, her jaw dropping a bit in reflexive shock.

Jharu--?

Abruptly she whirled, her cloak flying about her now as she strode determinedly from the Dining Hall, out through the Grand Foyer, out onto the courtyard where she could see the stars.

Was it her imagination? Or did she really see one of them appearing to fall?

Jharu... son....

She jerked back even more strongly as through the link he had contacted her with she sensed another, a familiar warmth, one which immediately flooded through her son and into the link and into her body...

...and stopped, slammed up against a glacial wall within her.

She shuddered, angered for doing so. Blinked her brilliant eyes, gathered her focus and forced herself to calm. And when she had gained possession of her faculties once again, she calmly opened that Link and sent word back up in turn.

"Jharu, my dear son. I have-- missed you so! Come, I await you, and-- your father?"

She couldn't help the rise in inflection at the end of that thought. Her brows lowered then as her focus drew away from the lightening skies and returned to a planet of mist and teeming life and gloomy gnarltrees, dark, gloomy groves of them.

Her head jerked upward then, and a hand moved to lay upon her belly. Nothing passed through her; with a small sigh, she made a motion, and cleanly dropped the protective chronotic shield she had placed over the spaceport of Ch'arlingua.

Then she turned back and retraced her steps, not stopping until she came to the elegant chambers she had shared with Lord Recinis. She quietly entered and went to the middle, and there she stood and awaited the arrival of her son and her husband.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 06-22-2003 11:31 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As jharu felt his mothers reply come to him, his face lit up with a bright smile.
Merly turning to nod at his father before exiting the spacecraft and hurrying accross the way he knew would take him to his mother.

And though he couldnt hear or see his father, jharu could feel that his dad was following close behind...

They traveled at a brisk pace, jharu almost skipping along the way as all the thoughts of having to be away from his mother vanished from his mind.

With only a bit of difficulty convincing the guards to allow them to pass, they finaly entered the temple and hurried down the hallways to where they would find his mother...

As they entered the room jharu quickly cut off the started sentance of his father, running forward to wrap his arms about her in a depserate embrace. "Mom... Im so happy to see you!"

--------------------

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-22-2003 11:34 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis face was broken into a soft smile as he saw his son wrap his arms about his mother in joy.

Slowly he took a step forward, his eyes locked upon the form of his wife... His smile grew slightly... For indeed it was a sight he desperatly missed.
taking another small step forward he spoke, though not wanting to disturb there sons joyous hug. "Hello Jharmeen... I've... Ive missed you"

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.8
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-22-2003 11:53 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith merely closed her eyes and stood there as her son hugged her, memories warring with feelings.

Or rather, the lack thereof.

Planted upon the back of her lids, primitive scenes began to scroll: a strangely shaped fungus, a writhing tiny bit of life, a protective bubble of remaining love to maintain it, the loss thereof only underscored by her experience amidst the gnarltrees on misty, distant Dagobah....

A shudder racked her. Imperious demeanor rose at the insistence of the Beast, demanded she respond.

Simple, unadorned, unaffected memory insisted she do no such thing.

Jharmeen Q'utaro, the Dark Lady of the Warriors, Chosen Daughter of the Sith, and Holder of the All... even she was not invincible.

Strange that so small a thing would break her defenses, she who had just left dangling in the Elseness the Manipulator of Minds....

She swayed as the memories loomed larger and larger then and, with a little sigh, crumpled to the floor.

--------------------

Jharu

Member # 342

posted 06-23-2003 12:00 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu came to the floor with her, holding a little tighter, feeling his father approuch quickly to kneel beside them, but not really paying much attention to that...

"Mother... Are you ok? whats wrong?" as he spoke he burried his face in her shoulder. Trying to draw from her the warmth he had missed so much, the memories that he held so dear... yet at the same time attempting to be supportive in anyway way he could.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-23-2003 09:14 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's eyes fluttered open in response to that touch. She stared blankly up into the dim lighting of the chambers, not blinking, past the dark image of her son's body as he tried to make her feel better, up and out and directly into a brilliant emerald pair waiting for her there.

She affixed her gaze to them, held it. Then let her lids slide downward, once, twice. And when they reopened, she found herself rising to her feet, cool hands taking Jharu by the shoulders and setting him away from her just a touch. She never dropped her gaze from Recinis, however.

"You must pardon my momentary incapacitation," she said smoothly. "This day has been a long and eventful one, ending with so great and..." She hesitated just the slightest. "...welcomed a surprise. I am-- happy that you have returned after your lengthy and mysterious absence, my-- Recinis."

Still keeping her eyes pinned upon the stately form of the verdant-eyed Sith, she squeezed Jharu's shoulders.

"And my dear son; how I have missed you so."

She remained standing, simply holding Jharu, staring into Recinis's face.

And doing absolutely nothing else.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-23-2003 09:46 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis merly stood there for a moment, gazing into the eyes of the woman he loved so dearly... Yet, he could feel the change in her... Feel the distance that was yet between them.
Of course... She has no way of undestanding... No way of knowing... How can i expect things to return to as they were... Such a request is selfish and unworthy...

And so he remained simply looking at her, inwardly smiling at his son, whom was finaly able to see his dear mother again...

Finaly he spoke quietly, almost to himself, though addressing Jharmeen. "..mysterious... yes... I suppose i did leave without warning... and i supose Lord Aelvedaar did not tell you anything... I regret not telling you, but regret does little to change the situation... such things matter not..."

Finaly he took a deep breath, and spoke clearly. "I can not change what has happened, and im not sure if i can even explain why it has happened, i dont truly understand myself... But i can tell you this... I took Jharu, on the mysterious will of Lord Aelvedaar, To teach him of his blood, Help mature him, finish his warrior trials... And through this journy I have learned of our sons spirit... He is no warrior Jharmeen... He is strong, and could easily be a great, and unmatchable warrior... But it is not within his heart to be so... Instead his mind is what excelles... and his heart meets with that to be an unstoppable force indeed..."

He smiled down on his supprised son, whom had had the missundestandign to think that he had failed to meet his fathers expectations, had failed to impress him... Which was indeed not the case.

Taking a deep breath once more he continued "he has your fire within him Jharmeen...Your strong will,Strong wit... And unstoppable devotion... It is in your hands now to shape his mind... For i have shapped his body and spirit as best i could...

His eyes closed momentarily as he reached to his life line, the bond that could never be severed between them... Speaking quietly through it, he hoped it was still strong enough for her to feel.
"Jharmeen... I know things may never be able to return to as they were. I would not ask such a ridiculous thing of you... But I hope that we may again find comfort in eachothers presence... For dispite what distance has done... our hearts will forever beat as one... Of that i have not lied...

And if such things are beyond possibility... Then So be it... I will still serve you, for my life is sworn to yours for all eternity... And that is an oath that i treasure dearly..."

As he finished he bowed his head slightly, and turn his gaze down upon his son who was seeming very happy at this point.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.80
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-23-2003 10:22 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith let Recinis's words roil about within her for a moment, carefully scrutinizing each and every one, as if seeking for hidden flaws amongst them. But there were none. The great Sith warrior and Lord was as he always had been with her: straightforward, open and honest, even concerning his mysterious disappearance.

"It is in your hands now to shape his mind...."

Something flickered briefly in the depths of her eyes; a corner of her lip trembled slightly. She considered further.

"I will still serve you, for my life is sworn to yours for all eternity...."

She stopped with that, that momentary flicker darkening with a sudden shadow. At length she drew in a deep breath.

"Indeed, if by your very oath you swear to serve, then both you and the child--" She gave Jharu's shoulders another squeeze. "--shall follow this com- this request I now put forth to you. At no time whatsoever in this house, within this city, on this planet, or to anyone other than true Sith warriors, shall you refer to me by any other name or entitlement other than what I am, the Lady Jharmeen Q'utaro. To do otherwise would--" Another pause.

"Displease me greatly, Recinis."

She fell quiet a moment longer, staring into the warriors eyes, almost as if she were not only seeking to impose her will upon him but looking for... something else. And perhaps what she was looking for was not to be found therein, but within another soul....

She shivered abruptly, her eyes snapping back into focus. Giving Jharu a little push, she sent him forward into his father's arms. Then she tilted her head to the pair, turned and went to the door of the chambers. There she paused, one hand against the cool stone which framed the richly gleaming wood. Her hand ran up and down it in a liquid caress.

"I-- I do not know whether things shall ever be as they were between us, Recinis," her mental touch came easily and abruptly into his mind. "I-- I hope perhaps that...."

She broke that off with a terse snip as memory once more warred with the empty void in her heart. Then she turned to look over her shoulder at her husband and her son.

"Good night," she said simply, and quietly left them to each other.

[ 06-23-2003 10:25 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-23-2003 10:56 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was dangerous coming here, that she knew. But she knew as well that it was here that she had first come into herself, first found herself, first felt the awesome uprush of freely given love for another, and in that giving found the greatest ecstasy known. Thus it was that she was drawn here again, seeking answers, answers she could find in no other place, in the comfort of no other, by no other words of wisdom than those coming from within her own soul.

Here, in this deeply buried stone chamber, hidden within the bowels of the Great Temple of the Sorcerers on Khar Delba.

She walked about the perimeter of the chamber, now illuminated by the still present ring of candles glowing softly upon the floor. Their tiny wicks sent forth myriad specks of bright golden light, sending shadows dancing and flickering as she moved wraithlike among them. Her hand continued to trace upon the mossy stones, drawing along their rough surfaces, the tips of them dipping into the joints where each stone tightly met its neighbor.

At length she finished her outlining, then turned toward the center. For a moment she stood in her place, her eyes seeing images from another time:

The powerful Darth Wicked, leaping at her, lightsaber slashing in challenge... then stopping as she knelt before him, to sweep her up into the beginnings of her destiny....

The small form of a baby Ewok, gurgling in simple pleasure at the pretty lights, a blonde-haired young woman watching it first in smothering puzzlement, then with a speck of dawning understanding....

Her own furious attack upon the doorway to her own past, melting the stone leading into this chamber into slag....

Another slight shiver, and she walked to the ring of candles. Gathering her cloak gracefully about her, she stepped through unhindered by all save her own thoughts, and came to a stop in its exact center. There she sank to her knees, sat back on her heels, bowed her head, and fell into silent meditation.

Images of Dagobah whirled before her once again.

Again, the painful repercussions of the strangely scaled fungus... the tiny mote moving feebly there on the mud floor of her hut... a mote created in love; so easy to remove that love from one's being if for the sake of love of another... the images of the Lords coming into the grove, her whirling feelings for each and every one of them... easy enough to dismiss them all for the wanton search for power, for was this not something they all sought in turn themselves? Lords Aelvedaar, Roan, Darth Wicked... and Recinis.

Not Recinis...? But by the words of Dark Lord Roan... and he had left her, alone amidst the Sith, Dark Lady no more but mere human, in a position which would have rapidly become dangerous for her if not deadly....

An unconscious frown creased the smooth planes of her brow. Deep within her the Beast reared up its head, it's flat pewter eyes growling forth as within them it revealed an image of that which had occurred: the spreading out into the winds of creation of that kernel she had once hoarded so jealously within herself.

Love. That is what that kernel was. And without love, what else was there in the universe to amply sustain one but Power?

Her frown deepened; she swayed, unknowing, something beginning to struggle.

That for which she now strove. That which she was now initiating, step by careful step. ShaRhylla; what she had done to regain ShaRhylla. And then there was JhinDarra... and what she had done to Shayla... this could not all be for naught....

One or the other, oh Chosen Daughter of the Sith. For the greedy coveting and grasping for power cannot live hand in hand with love; this you know, you learned it on Dagobah. The two are an anathema to each other.

Which road shall you travel?

Her head snapped up with that. Her eyes, widened to pools of black ink, stared blankly ahead. All around her then, the candles seemed to whimper, gradually lowering their flames until finally they gave briefly sorrowful little puffs and went out entirely, leaving her to the darkness there, both around her and in her own heart as she struggled to come to terms with a question that was suddenly, surprisingly, becoming more and more complex...

...a question to which, somewhere deeply beyond her subconscious awareness, a hidden little spark tried desperately to respond with an answer truly elegant in its simplicity....

[ 06-23-2003 02:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 06-23-2003 11:47 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis found himself within an empty room, his body moving to the flow of the river that was his soul. His motions swift and fluent his mind followed along that path in a streaming rush of order...

Every thought was being plucked away, placed within its place, the many doors of his mind being locked up tight with each emotion in its place.

Things have indeed changed Recinis... Can you find your place within this world? Can a place ever truly exist for you? or are you destined to be out of place forever... You had almost found your place too... Found it with her... And your son...

Your son... "The child" So strange comming from her lips... She indeed truly has changed...

Time passes recinis... The river of existance flows onward, whether you a stone trapped in place, or driftwood, following its course... Why is it you have become the stone? being worn away with the passage of time, rather then finding your way onward?

And what of jharu... What shall he do? Your dear son is perhaps worse off then even you... For he is young, and his purpose has not yet been found...

As he thought his body continued to move through the smooth, rhythmic motions that were indeed a reflection of his character... For there was nothing forcive about those motions... nothing demanding... They were subtle, and relaxed... Yet in no way were they any less fierce then those that were used to destroy...

Destruction followed in the wake of many... But not in him... He would not allow it, and with every outstretching of his limbs he released his angers, his hatreds, pushing them from his body as though expelling a poision from his veins.
Indeed, i must serve you Jharmeen... And i shall.. For as it stands i am but a warrior... I can do little to change my fate... But there is no sadness in that... No, It is my duty... As a warrior serving the lady of the warrior clan...As a sith warrior sworn to live on and serve a mysterious "graysith"... And as a husband serving the one he loves...

But why are you here Recinis? why? you still dont remember, do you? and yet you've never asked this question of yourself... never asked why... Only gone about it willingly... For it is your "duty"
Perhaps it is time you stop being the stone recinis... But do not become the driftwood either... No... it is time you become the river... it is up to you to carve your way into its place...

And it is up to you to guide those you care for away from harm, and into safety... This is what you must do... And you must do it well...

As the thought finished his body came to a resting position and he sat down upon the floor.

"I am out of place... What can i do? But still, i know that is what i have to do... I must protect them all... I could not bare to lose those i care for..."

His head shook slowly as he thought about his predicament... For indeed he did not want to see harm come to those he loved... Yet he could not overstep his boundries either, for he was a warrior... A warrior sworn by honor...

He stode and then quietly strode from the room, finding his way to a simplistic room... Where he proceded to lay, and sleep.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.69
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 06-23-2003 12:01 PM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu sat quietly on a little chair, stairing motionlessly at a wall, his mind lost in thought.
What do i do now? Im happy to be home... But its kind of boring... Why do things have to be like this? why'd she have to go so soon?

he looked down at the sword that was upon his lap... The strange and mysterious Elresar... He could feel the connection growing between him and the blade... It had been ever sense he had first picked it up...

He could feel that the sword was developing with him... He'd never told his father this... But there had been a day durring his trainign where he had made the choice that he didnt want to take the lives of others... A day he had chossen that he could not be a true warrior... WHen that confrentation had come within him... he had felt the sword support him... He had undestood that the blade would be with him in anyway he chose to use the miraculas "weapon"

But it wasnt really a weapon was it? It had the potential to be... But he had chossen not to use it as one... It was there to protect... To assist... much the way that ghrr was..
Ghrr...

He paused for a moment in reflection of the name... Ghrr was his friend... His companion... Ghrr...

taking a deep breath he released a sigh, and stood to blow out the candles within his room, laying down upon the bed he decided it was time for some rest...

--------------------

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.69
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 06-23-2003 06:29 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Thoran? Thoran, my friend, wake.” The Ghost thought softly.

“My liege? Has the time of gathering much chronicled feces arrived so soon?” came the thought reply.

“No, Thoran. We have much to discuss while our host sleeps. I have been… remembering. But there is much still I must know, things I believe lie within your beleaguered consciousness. I may have the ability to temporarily relieve you of the madness you endure, my friend.”

The Ghost concentrated on the power he felt within him, focusing it to a fine point and spinning it into the fabric needed to perform the task at hand. He quickly produced the necessary power, creating a blanket of sanity and draping over the insane being.

The strange aura The Ghost had felt near him turned softer.

“My liege, the clouds part. The sun radiates. I am free.” thought Thoran.

“It is but temporary, I am afraid,” answered the ghost. “I must be unkind and ask you to quickly help me remember.”

“How much do you already know?”

“Ah, there is much. I know I am Sith, as you are also. I know my father was Trelanicus, and was of some import. I know he was murdered, but I do not know by whom. I know that I have slept somehow for over 500 years. I know I possess the Eye of R’lous and it somehow belongs to me.”

“Ah, there is much still to be learned, my liege.” Sighed Thoran. “You have been asleep for longer than you know. But allow me to begin further in the past than that.”

“Very well,” thought The Ghost. “Our time is short, please proceed.”

“You are Phalomir, son of Tralanicus, the greatest Lord of the Sorcerers Clan our people had known in our time, possibly even since.”

“Phalomir? Then who are you? And Salazer?”

“I and Salazer are your squires, servants, and devoted friends, my lord. My liege, in our times your father was a fair and powerful man. Yet he had enemies, as all fair and powerful men will have. We were your protection. When he learned of the Dark Lords’ plan to deal with a civilization of mysterious warriors and put plans in place to prevent this, he hid us all on Blesphmar. He himself followed within the year, accompanied by many of the Sorcerer Clan. I do not understand fully, but together they instilled great power into the Eye of R’lous.”

“What is the Eye of R’lous?”

“My liege, it surprises me greatly you do not remember this. It is the focus, the vessel, the source of power for the Magick of the Sith. Your father’s circle foresaw great turmoil in the future, and relocated the Eye to Blesphmar so they could work into it a legendary power.”

“I saw a painting, a portrait of my father’s successor. He held a crystal similar to mine but it was not mine.”

“They must have forged a new one somehow. My guess is that it does not hold the same power.”

[ 06-23-2003 06:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by patternghost ]

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 207.32.63.90
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-23-2003 06:38 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lost to the depths of slumber, Shayla Kartan found herself also lost in a strange and peculiar dream, one which aligned itself very much with a vision of something disturbing, something she wouldn't have the slightest clue from whence it came even when she awoke. And awake she did with a jolt, suddenly sitting straight up, her greeny-blue eyes wide and her breath coming quick.

Beside her, Erik roused, still clearly a half-asleep even though he spoke. "You okay?" he queried groggily.

For a moment, Shayla didn't respond, but instead tried to slow the beating of her heart and remember just what she had been dreaming. Then, "I'm fine...

...go back to sleep."

With nothing more than that she laid down once more, and she could feel her husband slip back to sleep in moments. But Shayla Stargazer did no such thing; her mind was still reeling, still trying to remember.

All that came to her was the flash of a dagger in mid-air, the glow of something brillant red, and...

...waves of something dark and sinster.

Frowning at that, Shayla closed her eyes and tried to slip off to sleep once more.

Had to be a dream...she wasn’t one to have visions...

...but then, why did this gnawing feeling persist even after the dream, if dream it was...?

Opening her eyes again and pursing her lips, Shayla focused on the strangely dark and distorted feeling she was feeling...

...and at length decided she couldn’t just simply sit by while she was feeling this and do nothing. So, hoping to not disturb her husband, Shayla slipped out from his embrace carefully and smoothly, slid back into her pilot’s suit and boots...

...and departed from their room altogether to see if indeed there was any reason for the images from the dream which were plauging her even still...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.227.41
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 06-23-2003 06:54 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The warrior straightened at his post, although to be honest he had been standing there outside the door of the rooms given to Erik and Shayla at such stiff attention that the straightening was scarcely noticeable. He made a small noise in his throat, tightened his grip upon his pike, and stepped carefully in front of the young human woman.

"The hour is yet too fair a one to be creeping amidst these halls, madam," he said meaningfully. "Stranger you are here, and stranger yet to our ways and those who dwell within the Temple of Warriors. If there is anything I might bring you, or assist you with, please ask it of me, for by that reason am I positioned here.

"Otherwise it would do you well to return to your quarters until the Lady and Lord of the Temple have arisen."

[ 06-23-2003 06:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 06-23-2003 07:03 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“My liege,” continued Thoran, “When we were discovered by the assassins, your father hid us all within a temple in the mountains. Literally, it was deep inside a cave. There we stayed while the circle finished their magic working. When it was complete, your father sent us away for safe-keeping. He did so in a most… unusual way. This may be the hardest to absorb, my liege.”

“Go on, Thoran”

“Our minds, our spirits, were taken from our bodies and placed inside the Eye.”

“You were correct, Thoran. This is indeed very difficult to absorb. What of our bodies?”

“Salazer was sent in a ship with our bodies. They had hardened into stone, my lord. As if statues. We could see this, sense everything all around us. Salazer was to transport our bodies to the Land of the Tunnel Dwellers and your father would meet later to restore our spirits. But the warriors attacked. All in the circle were killed, your father received a mortal wound and retreated deeper into the cave to die. He sealed the cave with a rockslide. And there we waited.”

“Salazer did not reach the Tunnels. He must have been captured, I believe I know where our bodies lay.”

“My lord! With the Eye you would be able to return us to our flesh!”

“There is a complication. There are holes where our hearts would have been, and our bodies are statued as traitors.”

“My liege, I would rather return to my flesh to die than exist another day in an insane living death.”

“What happened to you, Thoran?”

“My lord, even the strongest of minds will eventually succumb to the forces of boredom, of unending alertness.”

“But… why am I not also insane from this? Did I not experience it also?”

“As I said, my liege. I was your protector. I endeavored to keep you asleep while I remained alert. Alert for someone… anyone… to discover us. And one day someone did.”

“Panthar Dantares…” thought Phalomir. “Thoran, how long has it been since my father’s death?”

“My lord, by my reckoning, the one part of my mind which did not shatter, it has been 4,567 years, 97 days.”

--------------------

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 207.32.63.90
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 06-23-2003 07:56 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“But Thoran, who killed my father? Who sent the assassins?” The Ghost thought.

“The Warrior Clan, my lord. Your father was asked to join in the treaty with these dark beings, to use their strength to reach out even further into the galaxy and extend our rule. But your father saw something lurking… something evil about them, and foresaw the downfall of our race should we trust such peoples. He also saw the other clans corrupted and deceived, placed upon a quest of folly for the legendary power he had devoted his life’s work toward achieving. The dark warriors wished to possess the Eye, to tamper with it and conquer the Magicks of the Sith race. Instead, your father stole away with the Eye and, as I said, moved all of his knowledge, magick, and studies concerning this power into the Eye.”

“What is this power?”

“I do not know, my lord. He only referred to it as the ‘power which encompassed all’. I do not know how, but I believe the Eye used some of this power to assist me in keeping you asleep, in a stasis of sorts. I believe also that is why your memory is so punctured, the power takes its toll. And I saw the cows eating the sheep, dressed in silken robes.”

Phalomir could feel the web of magick tearing, sending his friend once again into madness. He had much to consider, much to learn. And what of the second eye? He now knew he must gain access to the Great Library, one way or another.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-23-2003 08:08 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith came back to the Temple of the Warriors as quietly as she had departed, arriving in a less-travelled side corridor so as not to encounter anyone who might be engaging upon a restless late-night meander. She took a moment to pause and reflect upon all that had occurred in the last extraordinary hours, and then jerked as if in sudden recollection. Her eyes narrowed then as, throwing back her head, she sensed forth with her talents, quietly reaching out into each and every newcomer's mind, sensing, seeking....

And not finding. Either the strange entity she had spoken with had decided to leave her guests alone in his mind meddling, or he was still trying to find his way out from the Elseness into which she had placed him. She smiled at that knowledge, reaching out into a final mind, Panthar's.

And instantly recoiled.

What madness was this--?!

She tensed, suddenly alert, every sense balanced on the keen edge a warrior pumps himself to just prior to doing battle. Yet even as she reacted in so instinctive a manner, she couldn't help but frown.

Why did she recoil so? What was it about this one? It was almost as if--

And what was that shadowy shape she managed to sift out from otherwise nothing but pure feeling. Something strange, something about an eye...?

She drew in a great breath then, whip-lashing that tendril back into herself. Then she thought out across her Link to ShaRhylla.

"Daughter," she commanded her. "Protect JhinDarra. And-- remain away; your... brother has returned...."

She then withdrew completely, releasing yet another quiet sigh. Then she headed off to the Dining Hall to break her fast. For the day was approaching, and her meditations had rested her well in spite of the conflict still roiling deep within her psyche.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-23-2003 08:53 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla didn't see any reason for arguing with the Sith warrior; after all, it was clear to her that he meant only for her safety.

Honorable.

So, nodding slightly to him in respect, she said simply. "Just had something on my mind that I wanted to think about. But I can do that as easily in my room."

And without any further word than that she turned and headed back into her chambers, redonning her Sith robe and returning to her husband. Her movements again roused him.

"Where did you go?" he queried, his lids half-open.

"Not far," she replied simply, snuggling into him.

He roused a bit more, his brown eyes opening wider. Then he raised up on an elbow to look at her better. "Something is bothering you Shayla Kartan. What is it?"

Shayla's eyes defocused a bit, and she frowned, trying to clear the images in the dream she had and not succeeding to uncover anymore than what she had already seen. "I'd telll you if I knew," she stated then, frowning even more deeply. "I just have a bad feeling...

...about something."

"The way things have played out here thusfar, perhaps?" Erik queried.

Shayla shook her head. "No, it's something I saw in a dream. I don't know if it's related to anything here or not."

She bit her lip in thought.

"Well, sleep on it," Erik said, laying down once more. "We have only a little while longer to rest, and I have a feeling we're gonna need every bit of that we can get..."

[ 06-23-2003 08:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.227.41
Jasyn Lancaster

One of the Crew, Technical (and Sith Brandy) Specialist

Member # 389

posted 06-23-2003 10:17 PM     Profile for Jasyn Lancaster   Author's Homepage   Email Jasyn Lancaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After getting a nice little buzz from the Sith brandy and forcing himself not to drink more than two glasses...

...damn good stuff...!

...Jasyn reclined back on one of the comfortable couches in the lounge and drifted off to sleep before he could realize that Jebbua hadn't even so much as said "boo" to him concerning what they might do to deal with this more than precarious situation. But, as he drifted back to wakefulness a few hours later and slowly opened his eyes to the situation at hand, memory slammed home. There, across the way, were Dash and Jebbua similiarly reclining and still asleep.

Jasyn regarded the other two men thoughtfully, his mind again wandering to just what they were going to do now. Dash had been helpful on the trip to the planet, even if they had been captured, but this Jebbua character...

...not only had he been no help, he'd sure taken his time in getting here at all.

Jasyn scowled at that thought, remembering Jebbua's last...

...and probably only words to him.

What are we going to do now?

About that time, a shoulder-devil popped up. Like he would listen to what you had to say if you did have an idea??? The guy totally ignores you...

...and he seems to totally miss the importance of the situation at hand. And has he ever, ever, EVER jumped in when someone was in trouble, immediately, no matter what the risk might be...?

Not since you've known him, anyway.

This in mind, Jasyn's browns focused on the still-sleeping Jebbua.

If this were that Petrolu guy, he would have been up all night trying to figure out what was going on and if Galen was here...

...and instead this guy SLEEPS...?!

Before he knew what he was doing, Jasyn Lancaster was on his feet at that thought, stretching to reach for Jebbua. Before he realized he was still holding a glass in his hand, he smacked Jebbua over the head with it in anger, trying to rouse the slumbering idiot...

...and breaking the glass over his head in the process, shards of glass flying everywhere.

Oops...

[ 06-23-2003 10:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

--------------------

"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!"
"You gotta try some of this Sith brandy!"
"Ummm... Boss...?"
"Brandy, you're a fine girl..." (from "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

Posts: 577 | From: Everywhere and nowhere | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.19.227.41

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05