my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Guardians of Eternal Was (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Guardians of Eternal Was
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 06-21-2003 07:19 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The flash of reflected fire upon arcing blade, and Salandaar's sword was out and at Panthar's throat for his impertinence. That worthy being merely kept up his flow of inanities, mouthing one senseless statement after another, but the Sith guard wasn't fooled in the least. He firmly believed the mad babblings to be a ruse, behind which hid a dangerously cunning and vengeful mind.

He raised his eyes to Graysith's.

"Shall I kill him now, Milady?" he growled, clenching his free hand and tightening his other upon the hilt of his sword.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-21-2003 07:37 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's face remained inscrutable for a long moment. Then she slowly relaxed back into her former demeanor, and gently laid the goblet upon the mantle. Turning away, she came over to where the Sith guard towered over Panthar, who jerked his moist eyes away from Salandaar to observe her in silence.

Graysith smiled.

"This is not how we treat our guests here, Salandaar," she said easily, now reaching a hand down in offerring to the man who yet lay on the floor. Beside her, Salandaar growled deep in his throat, but obediently sheathed his sword. He did not, however, budge from the position the Chosen Daughter had commanded he take, but remained standing next to Panthar, watching him carefully and ready to defend his Lady at the least provocation.

"Come, Mr. Dantares," Graysith's voice broke the awkward moment. "Let me assist you to your feet. Perhaps you would like some more brandy...."

[ 06-21-2003 07:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 06-21-2003 07:53 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This is madness. I can feel it… Total lunacy encapsulates this consciousness… who are you?

“I am the conqueror of worms,” came a thought reply. “I am the squire to my liege! Do you not know your Thoran?”

Thoran? I know you? Yes, I know you! Sweet Thoran, you stood by my side when the… the… when what?

“When the bastard child of the Warriors sent his devils to kill you and your father, my liege. Many flowers bravely fought but perished in groveling gravey.”

Thoran, I need you to do something for me. It is very important. I am recovered now, I need you to let me assume control.

“But liege, there is a woman of fire and sweet sugar candy who may beguile you! And a fierce devil of the bastard son waiting to create much havoc upon your collar!”

Yes, I know, Thoran. That is why I need to assume control. I must speak.

After a pause, Thoran thought once again. “Very well, my liege. I will hide in the corner like a pulsating petal of the cat. Call upon me when you need more aid.”

The Ghost saw the Dark Lady extending a gentle hand. His eyes narrowed, the strange sense he encountered at the door once again prevailing around the Lady.

“No, please, milady,” he said. “I must again beg forgiveness. The brandy seems to have caused a very odd reaction to my system. It has been yea-- I have never tasted such a concoction and humbly ask to not be served another, lest I cause even more embarrassment to myself and my companions.”

He slowly stood, bowing his head to the Lady. He turned his slightly to the giant warrior standing nearby.

“And to you, also,” said The Ghost. “I apologize for the disrespect I have shown you. Never shall it happen again. I know well the anger you feel and ask for a chance to redeem myself.”

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 207.32.63.90
MindMaster

Member # 474

posted 06-21-2003 08:00 PM     Profile for MindMaster   Author's Homepage   Email MindMaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In the distracted state the residents of the room were in, they did not notice a single guard quietly sidling his way into the room. He stood at the door, seemingly on guard. In actuallity, he was sizing up the situation. Or, rather, the force controlling him was sizing up the situation.

The Lady Jharmeen was helping a man to his feet, with many other people close by. All strangers, none he was interested in, except, perhaps, as tools.

The guard noticed that Graysith's child was in the room, standing near to her mother. The controlled guard approached the Lady Jharmeen and her daughter. Her child.....Daughter of the Chosen Daughter. She could be the most useful tool of all.

As though Graysith could sense this unspoken threat to her daughter, her head snapped up, and she spotted the guard. Confusion filled her eyes for a split second, then was replaced by cool recognition. The guard walked right up to Graysith, speaking in that same, strange voice.

"Lady Jharmeen, I must speak with you soon. I know now is not the best time for you, but it is the only time I have. You may be unaccustomed to taking orders, but you will obey me now. You will speak with me, and you will use nothing of your All powers of any kind while we are speaking. If this demand does not persuade you....."

The controlled guard paused, looking down at the child standing near Graysith, staring at him with the same coldness of her mother, albeit with noticably more fear. Slowly, the guard lowered a hand, and placed it on her head.

"......then we will see how it would sway you, hearing it out of your own daughter's mouth."

The guard the brought his face up to meet Graysith's eyes. He saw the cold fury in them, and also the power. He grinned, awaiting Graysith's answer.

[ 06-21-2003 08:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by MindMaster ]

--------------------

I am the MindMaster. None can resist my control.

Posts: 29 | From: A secret place | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 204.32.207.237
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 06-21-2003 08:01 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik's eyes never left the form of the strangely acting man...

...and his hands never left Shayla's shoulders. Instead he looked to Jharmeen. "Indeed, perhaps this one would benefit better from some rest..."

...and a good punch in the nose, a voice deep in the back of Erik Kartan's mind added.

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.227.41
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-21-2003 08:14 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith jerked her eyes to the impertinent guard. In his own, she read no semblance of reality, but rather the cold blankness of another entity.

"Oh, pfft," she snorted, quite easily reaching into his mind with her powers and tracking along the connection that had taken him until...

...until she found... it.

"Bother," she commented offhandedly, summoning forth her powers, heedless of who was present to witness the act. Indeed, while to those present she might look odd for her stance, they would not see the fruits of her labors, which were occurring somewhere else...

...where a strange and powerful being quite suddenly found the very essence of space and time about him begin to roil and seethe as a portal opened up. Before he could react, a gentle nudge from the Chosen Daughter shoved him through into the Elseness, that mysterious place where time is sideslipped from reality, and continues on for the observer in a forever Mobius loop of Now. Nothing but the use of the All would return him to the reality of the galaxy from which he was thrust.

Certain that this little dilemma was well taken care of, especially since the controlled guard was now falling abruptly to his knees in shock, Graysith nodded. The brilliantly flaring Glyph on her forehead slowly backed down the electromagnetic spectrum until it was once again a soft violet glow. Then she turned back to Panthar.

"Please excuse the interruption," she said smoothly, wiping her hands upon her cloak as if to eradicate the feel of dirt from them. She lifted a brilliant gaze to his face.

"You were saying?"

[ 06-21-2003 08:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 06-21-2003 08:27 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“I was saying,” started The Ghost, “that perhaps I should retire to a bed soon. I have much to sleep upon, and hope that a fresh start in the morning will help bury at least a portion of the discomfiture felt here tonight.”

The Ghost turned his eyes towards Shayla and Erik. “And to you, both of you, I must also humbly beg forgiveness. Although the feelings conveyed were, I am sure, earnest, the manner was not excusable. There are certain business matters we must attend to before meeting with the Dark Lord, if you would permit me to continue in your employ.”

“Which brings me to one final request, Lady Jharmeen. My pack was understandably stripped of me upon our arrival. As your guards have surely ascertained by now, it contains no weapons, only travel necessities and items of my past research which bear great import to me. Should you find it in your wisdom to return it and its contents to me this evening, I would be most grateful.”

--------------------

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 207.32.63.90
MindMaster

Member # 474

posted 06-21-2003 08:30 PM     Profile for MindMaster   Author's Homepage   Email MindMaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The entity floated in the Elseness, thinking.

He had underestimated Graysith's powers, that was true. He never liked to admit a defeat, but she had certainly beaten him in this little encounter. Still, he was not completely defeated. Far from it. In fact, this could actually prove advantegous. This new space, this Elseness. He had thought, speculated it existed for some time. Now that Graysith had shown she could transport others into it, he could use it to his advantage.

Graysith. Her abilities were indeed amazing. All the more reason for him to covet them on his side, serving him. Salvaging this situation, though, could prove difficult. Summoning all his powers, the being spoke to Graysith, impossible as it seemed.

Very well done, my Lady. I begrudge this match to you.

I beg you forgive my...ah...eagerness before. I should have known that your powers controlled space and time. A fault on my part.

I realize it seems impossible for me to speak to you. Well, it is a complicated manner. If you wish, I shall explain it to you. First, though, I.....have a request.

I humbly ask that you come and make parley with me in this other space, this....Elseness. Do not think I am a fool for asking this, attempting to lead you into a poorly disguised trap. You clearly have the upper hand here. Bring anyone you will. I simply wish to speak, to explain myself. Perhaps we may actually reach an agreement.

Now you have heard my request. I wish it that you will give the matter some thought, at least, before discarding it entirely. We could be powerful allies, Graysith.

With that, the voice departed for the time being.

[ 06-21-2003 08:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by MindMaster ]

--------------------

Posts: 29 | From: A secret place | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 204.32.207.237
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-21-2003 08:45 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's eyes widened a bit, as a comment Panthar tossed out took her somewhat by surprise. She quickly masked it, however, considered him in silence for a long, appraising moment, and then finally nodded her head to him.

"But of course, gentle guest," she said graciously, motioning toward Salandaar who immediately departed, a frown still creasing his fearsome features, to retrieve the man's appropriated pack.

"You must forgive me for keeping you up so late into the wee hours; I myself do not sleep much, and time does have a way of... carrying me off with it, upon occasion."

Now her brilliant eyes brightened further as Salandaar returned with the requested item held in his immense, clawed hand. After shooting his Lady a final disapproving look, he thrust it out toward Panthar as though it would bite him in that motion.

Graysith merely nodded, then turned to include Shayla and Erik in her following statement.

"Please follow Salandaar to your rooms. I trust you will find them not wanting in anything. Close to the beds you will find a bellpull; please use it if you need anything.

"And now, unless there is anything anyone needs further, I shall bid you all good-night and good sleep."

With that she bowed from the waist, then turned from them, one hand motioning Darra to come to her side. After ascertaining that there had been no harm come to her from the brief, if horrific, interruption, she sent her on her way as well.

Then she stood staring quietly into the flames, waiting for all to depart, that she could continue on with another task, one placed upon her so unexpectedly this night.

[ 06-21-2003 08:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

MindMaster

Member # 474

posted 06-21-2003 09:03 PM     Profile for MindMaster   Author's Homepage   Email MindMaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The being waited, floating in the Elseness, attempting to learn more about it. He came up with nothing. In all the thousands of minds that were completely under his control, he could find none that had an explanation for this Elseness. Truly amazing, it was. He would have to ask Graysith about it. If she even did come....

The being had no way of knowing wether or not Graysith would come. She was indeed, truly unpredictable. He had never incountered such an interesting being as her. Strong and stubborn, with powers immense. She was one of the few beings in the galaxy that he felt was worthy of his attention. They would indeed make powerful allies. But, for that to happen, everything had to go as planned, and that was not happening already.

Could he ever really control her? She was so strong, so vibrant and independant. It would take all his might to overcome a mind such as hers. Even so, it was possible, if not probable. For the time being, he was content to have her as an ally.

And so the being waited.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-21-2003 09:13 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Merely nodding, Shayla suddenly realized how exhausted she was, partially due to the trip here and also due to the total confusion which still clouded her mind. She was, in fact, so completely puzzled that the thought hadn't even occurred to her that Lancaster and his party were nowhere to be seen; instead she just wished she could remember what had happened to the last year or so if her life, which was suddenly strangely skewed and full of...

...well, full of holes. She wasn't even certain of who she was, or of just what she had been doing for such a long time. Everything was just gone...

...or at least mostly gone...

...and the only possible link to that missing information had now been declared false.

But was it...?

Jerking herself from this line of thought, Shayla looked towards Jharmeen though her back was now turned to them.

"Thank you for your kindness to us," Shayla spoke softly, only then moving to her husband's side to now join him in following Salandaar in leading them wherever he may.

[ 06-21-2003 09:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.227.41
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-21-2003 09:19 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the footfalls of the departing guests receded in the distance, Graysith frowned. Indeed, this had been a most intriguing day, one bringing with it both stranger and strangeness alike. She couldn't help the slight shiver that rippled through her at that thought, her mind filled with questions concerning not only the veracity of her guests, but also the new twists and turns now erupting upon the road she must journey along to reach her goal.

Finally silence descended upon the waning night of Phrinnchatka... and the Temple settled down into the cool solitude only the very first hours of the day can bring. Heaving a sigh, she waved a hand, almost dispiritedly, and opened a portal into the Elseness....

Stepping out into the non-ness of the ever-existing present, she shook her brief emotional low from her, girding herself with her formal fiery elan, and took a look about. That is to say, she sensed about... the Glyph leaping into brilliant life like a flaring supernova as she closed her eyes and reached out for...it.

And she found It... and her eyes darkened with terrible joy when she felt him acknowledging her presence. A new and different kind of smile curled upon her lips, and she awaited his approach.

[ 06-21-2003 09:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 06-21-2003 09:49 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Ghost entered his spacious room and looked about. The bed was huge and lavishly set with soft pillows and sheets. Large, flowing drapes hung along the walls surrounded by elaborate runes and crystal images. The Ghost sat on the bed and crossed his legs.

He closed his eyes and called up a power, reaching out in a circle around him and then extending it until it reached the walls of the room and beyond. While power flowed through this entire building, The Ghost now felt sure there was nothing magical set in this room to keep watch upon him.

He opened his eyes and reached gently into his pack. Pleasantly surprised to find everything intact, he removed an item encased in a carbonite shell. He turned the dial on the control panel and the carbonite melted around the loaf of bread contained within. He broke the loaf open and softly scraped away the crumbs from the crystal object hidden in the bread.

He held it up to his face, looking closely for scratches or flaws, but the large crystal was pure and unscathed. When he first discovered the jewel lying inside a skeleton, he had no idea what it was or what power it contained. Had he known, the escape from the cave would have been greatly simplified. But it was not too late, and with much of his knowledge restored he smiled and caressed the crystal.

“The Eye of R’lous’”, he sighed.

The Ghost removed his shirt, exposing the lean, muscular frame of Panthar Dantares. The crystal now pulsated slightly, casting a soft red glow on The Ghost’s exposed skin. He gently moved the crystal to his lower abdomen, looked upwards, and thrust the crystal towards his body. It met no resistance and passed through the skin, sealing itself inside of The Ghost’s body.

The Ghost smiled, feeling power rush through him and meld with his spirit. “500 years or no, at long last, father,” he said softly, “I shall avenge you.”

He pointed a trembling finger at the door to his room, which in turn glowed a soft red briefly. Comfortable in his security, The Ghost repacked his belongings and retired to the bliss of sleep.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-21-2003 09:56 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Though Shayla found herself in a dark and contemplative state as Salandaar lead them through the grand corridors of the Sith Temple, the lavishness of the room she and Erim were give was not lost on her. The bed was large, heavily laden with silks and satins of jade and violet. The rugs were soft and lush, the fabric brushing softly between her toes as Shayla removed her boots. Curious then, she walked to the wardrobe to find it laden with robes of various colors of the rainbow; she chose for herself a deep blue one with gold trim and peeled off her clothing. After changing, she glided from the wardrobe and across the soft plush rug to the bed, where she fell into it, wrapping herself in its comforting covers.

And yet something more comforting presented itself as Erik laid down beside her, his arms going about her as the lighting in the room strangely...

...dimmed to a warm blue glow to suit their mood and posture. Shayla turned in his arms to swim in his deep browns. For a moment she said nothing, then opened her mouth to say something, only to be stopped by Erik placing a finger on her lips. "We'll figure it out tomorrow," he said softly, knowing her concerns. Then he pulled her close and kissed her softly, and with that touch all those worries just seemed to melt completely away...

...and for the moment Shayla Stargazer Kartan allowed hersef to become lost completely in him.

[ 06-21-2003 10:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.227.41
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-22-2003 05:40 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As if reading Jasyn's thoughts the mini-comm I had with me broke the silence and stealth of our group. It was Jebbua, he and his friend had finally arrived. Since we had already decided that we were going to surrender ourselves, I didn't really worry about the racket this little comm system was making.

"Jebbua, we are just outside a large city. We are going to give ourselves up. I'll do my best to hide the comm so you can follow the signal. Use great caution and stealth. We may need rescuing later. So be on your guard and don't get captured! Dash out."

There was movement in the foliage behind us. I stashed the comm unit in a very inconspicuous fold in my cloak.

A group of the Sith warriors surrounded us. I was shocked by the sight of them. So thi sis what a true Sith is supposed to look like. They don't look so evil. But looks can be deceiving!

I held my hands in front of my chest and opened my cloak. "I have no weapons. I am here seeking an audience with Graysith. Would you be so kind as to escort us there?"

After being disarmed, we were taken to what appeared to be a great temple in the middle of the large city. Large wooden double doors opened up into the main hall. Silk like tapestries decorated the walls with pictures of grand battles, and other more serene images. The stone work of the temple was old and well worn, but somehow managed to retain it's beauty and luster despite the obvious years of use.

We walked through several sets of large double doors. Some opened with the slightest touch, others took a little push from one of our escorts. We travelled in complete silence until we reached our destination. A large lounge area, furnished with ample seating, tables adorned every seating arrangement, so patrons could put up thier feet or sit doen thier exotic smelling beverages.

We were told to wait there. It was early morning, at least for persons using standard time. Who knew what time it was here. But by the apparent lack of patrons using this esttablishment, I figured it was sometime in the middle of the night on K'eel Doba.

One of our escorts ran off to fetch someone. We waited...

[ 06-22-2003 05:55 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Jebbua Dahutt

Really Nice Member

Member # 433

posted 06-22-2003 07:16 AM     Profile for Jebbua Dahutt   Author's Homepage   Email Jebbua Dahutt     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I didn't get far finding Dash and the others before i was surrounded by what must have been the sith.

"I am looking for Graysith, along with my other friends as well. Can you take me to her?" I asked.

1 of the sith aproached me and took my blaster from me.

Yeah i guess i won't need that. I thought.

The lead me to a city and before i knew it Dash and the others were in front of me.

"You know, its kinda hard to sneak around here." I wispered to Dash.

"So, now what do we do?" I looked at Jasyn to see what he might have to say.

[ 06-22-2003 07:17 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jebbua Dahutt ]

--------------------

My characters- Jebbua Dahutt, Alexis Dahutt, and Jurrsk Balck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everything that has an ending has a beginning.

Posts: 281 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 32.100.212.164
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 06-22-2003 09:04 AM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Salandaar had just delivered his charges to their rooms for the night and was heading off to his own chambers for a well-earned rest when the sound of running feet brought him to a halt. He turned around to see one of the lesser officers of the Dark Lady's personal guard approaching him, a trace of urgency plastered across his otherwise fearsome face.

"The rest of the intruders have arrived, my captain," he said a bit breathlessly as he slid to a halt and saluted the aquamarine-eyed Sith. "They are being detained in the Dining Hall, as ordered." He finished his announcement by slapping a fisted hand across his chest and bowing, his eyes still turned up into Salandaar's.

"The timing of their arrival could have been better," Salandaar growled aloud, frowning. "Clearly your squad will need remedial training in reconnaissance and capture." He returned the salute, sending the lower-ranking warrior on his way, and turned himself to then head back to the Dining Hall.

Upon entering he found no one. But at the back wall a lone Sith stood at alert attention. Salandaar nodded to him in understanding, and headed toward the lounge. There he found them: Jasyn, Matt, Dash and Jebbua, all standing together like a herd of Drallian sheep.

He sighed a bit to himself as he approached them, casting a quickly appraising glance over them and nodding to see they had been disarmed. At least it seemed that way; he looked past them then to the remaining warriors who were standing in unobtrusive guard, and made a motion with one hand. They reacted instantly, coming up to the guests and initiating some serious patting down of their persons. While no more weapons were discovered, they did find a few communication devices. These they took as well, then returned to their former positions.

Salandaar nodded his approval, and finally spoke. His voice was a flat monotone, the words he spoke perhaps a bit on the terse side.

"You will remain here until called for," he said, now making a slight gesture to indicate the lounge. After all, he had not been given orders to see these people to more comfortable rooms, and he did not rise to his current position in life by basing his conclusions upon personal assumptions. This lounge had cushioned seating, some appetizers and much to drink to offer. That would suffice.

One of the warriors moved toward the bar and began placing empty glasses atop it. The others merely settled back into watchful guard, clearly able to pass long hours in this manner. Salandaar gave them a final, dark look for their tardiness in bringing in this final group, then turned and left for his own rooms, there to catch a bit of sleep in the last few hours of the night which yet remained.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Romanus

Member # 439

posted 06-22-2003 09:54 AM     Profile for Romanus   Author's Homepage   Email Romanus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Romanus leaned on a wall outside the lounge, rubbing the back of his head. Something the guard had said disturbed him...

Syphon to Graysith's mind...what the hell did she do to me?

He felt it now, a small weakness he felt in the Force. It was being channeled somewhere else, connecting to something Romanus couldn't see...or understand.

Damn. Nothing I can do now but wait it out...

Rather than bother with the new guests here, Romanus walked down the hallway instead, deep in thought as to what to do next.

--------------------

"I'm the Ghost of Christmas Past...why don't you dance with a man for a change?" -Russell Crowe, before he beats the crap out of someone, in LA Confidential

Posts: 73 | From: In a hotel room above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley... | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 68.48.135.155
Jasyn Lancaster

One of the Crew, Technical (and Sith Brandy) Specialist

Member # 389

posted 06-22-2003 12:08 PM     Profile for Jasyn Lancaster   Author's Homepage   Email Jasyn Lancaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn frowned at Jebbua. "I don't know, you're the Jedi," he snorted. Then, taking a seat at one of the comfortable couches, Jasyn actually considered the answer to that.

Now what WERE they going to do? If they were stuck here, then they ALL were going to be stuck here now...

...unless perhaps Shayla Stargazer and her friends pulled through and came in after...

"I guess we're just gonna have to wait, and pray these guys are the honorable creatures Aaron Barnes said they were."

Unless, of course, you want to try to make a dash for it in front of all these Sith guards...

"You have a better idea?" he queried then, falling silent and unable to stop himself from standing, wandering the bar, and getting a glass of some emerald green liquor before seating himself. Taking a swallow, he merely arched an eyebrow quizzically at Jebbua, and a little voice far in the back of his mind added a particular acknowledgement concerning his drink.

Damn, this stuff was good...

[ 06-23-2003 09:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jasyn Lancaster ]

--------------------

"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!"
"You gotta try some of this Sith brandy!"
"Ummm... Boss...?"
"Brandy, you're a fine girl..." (from "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

Posts: 577 | From: Everywhere and nowhere | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.19.227.41
MindMaster

Member # 474

posted 06-22-2003 06:07 PM     Profile for MindMaster   Author's Homepage   Email MindMaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Finally, the being, It, as Graysith had referred to him by, sensed the Dark Lady's presence in the Elseness. She had come! The being quickly acknowledged Graysith, speaking to her mind.

Greetings, my lady. I am pleased that you decided to come. We have much to discuss.

I believe I am correct in thinking that, after tonight's display, you have come to think of me as an enemy. One could hardly blame you for that. I was too sure in my own power, you see. It is a fault of mine.

I seriously underestimated you, Lady Jharmeen. Underestimated the powers of the All. I was foolhardy to think my power topped its might.

I sense you have many questions for me. Now, I am free to answer them, as I have abandoned all my other distractions. You may begin asking me any of your questions, and I will do my best to answer them.

[ 06-22-2003 06:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by MindMaster ]

--------------------

Posts: 29 | From: A secret place | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 204.32.207.156
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-22-2003 06:36 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's eyes narrowed as she let her mind range outward, seeking to find that unknown... thing which she had placed into the mind-destroying, eternal now of the Elseness. But strive as she might, she could not pin it down to one single location. It was almost as if it was incorporeal, atmospheric, composed of nothing but thought itself.

Thought which had hurried to clearly announce its position in the power heirarchy with her... and she didn't believe its attempt at disarming her for one minute.

She took a stance in her own mind as if she were on solid terra firma, hands on her hips, her head tossed back, the Glyph alight and eager on her brow. Letting her lip curl, she allowed a response to simply flow out from her, knowing this unknown thing would receive it.

"I find the machinations you have gone through strange, not to mention overplayed, to just give me leave to ask questions of you!" Although her physical body didn't move a centimeter, in her mind she gave her head a toss and snorted in disdain.

"I have no questions of you! Rather, I think-- it is you who have questions... no, a request of me!"

For a moment she maintained the haughty aura, then let it slacken the tiniest bit.

"Or perhaps a suggestion...." she finished and thought out no more, but held her powers snugly to herself and refused to think anything other than that.

--------------------

MindMaster

Member # 474

posted 06-22-2003 07:38 PM     Profile for MindMaster   Author's Homepage   Email MindMaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The being was a little miffed by Graysith's attitude, but still continued onward.
A request? Perhaps...... I merely thought you would like an explanation of what I am, or why I attempted to interrupt your evening. I shall explain it to you, anyway.

You noticed how you could not, even with your power, pin me down to an exact location? Well, I......have no real physical form. I can take one, but it is difficult. I feel no need to here.

You have seen how I can communicate and control minds, correct. That is my only way of communication. I can communicate with or control many thosands of weak minds at once. Hmmm...... how to best explain this....

Well, I am sure you are familiar with the midi-clorians, yes? Powerful particles that attune us to the Force. Well, there is another particle similair to the midi-clorian. It is the rilote.

The rilotes....they make up a person's mind. The rilots are a person's thoughts and feelings, their emotions, their self, in simplicity. Yes, all that we are and consider ourselves to be can be boiled down to rilotes.

The interesting thing about the rilotes is that they are all connected. Yes, they make connections with each other, pass information, and use it to benifit the mind they make up. Most humans know nothing of this connection. You, Graysith, when you use you speak telepathically, or send some of your essence into another person, like you did with Romanus, are doing this along rilotic connections. You can access these, though very limitedly.

I know not how I really came to be. I have put together a theory that it was something of a break or rupture in the rilotic lines that created me. You see, Graysith, I am not a physical being. I dwell inside the rilotic connections. I can access any person I wish, ses through their eyes, even control them, though this in incredibly difficult to do on anyone who has a strong mind. You see, to control a mind, I have to harness all of it's rilotes, and some are incredibly strong.

You, my lady, have actually blocked me from some of your connections. I cannot read your mind, or change it. Controlling your mind would be very difficult, although I may be able to, with tremendous effort. Taking that effort, however, would be foolhardy.

Do you understand now, what I am? Do you have any questions for me now?

--------------------

Posts: 29 | From: A secret place | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 204.32.207.194
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-22-2003 07:57 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"You are right, Thing," the Chosen Daughter immediately shot back, her annoyance with the superciliousness that she felt from this stange entity clearly evident. "I do have two questions to ask of you, here:

"Why are you bothering to tell me of this? If you are as powerful as you say, to take over minds so easily, why have you chosen to come to me with this revelation?"

--------------------

MindMaster

Member # 474

posted 06-22-2003 08:16 PM     Profile for MindMaster   Author's Homepage   Email MindMaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ahhh, Graysith, I was hoping you would ask that.

First off, I do not have infinate power. I cannot control very many intelligent minds at once. I was pushing the limit with your guards. I lost connection with many of my other slaves for them. I do have limits.

Now, I believe that we both wish for the same thing. I want the Sith to be reborn. Not just on a few planets, but on many. I wish for the galaxy to be ruled by a Sith government. And, most of all, I want the Jedi gone.

The reason for this hate is one I do not know. I believe that I was formed from the dieing particles of many powerful warriors. You see, when a person dies, their rilotes simply wander the connections, looking for a new mind to inhabit. Now, many particles of dead Sith had joined together, including some from a person you knew, a Lord.......Recinis?

Well, these new particles began to form a new mind, when, I believe, there was some sort of rupture, some sort of unexoected calamity that created me from the Sith rilotes. Thus, I was born with a deep hatred for the Jedi, and a desire to see the Sith reborn.

I have been planning a coup of that fool Admiral Actar's government for some time now. I have never been able to enter Actar's mind, for reasons unknown to me. For many years, I have been constructing an army. It was slow work. I thought I would never finish.

One day, though, I came across a record of ancient weapons built by an incredibly powerful warrior. I quickly found these, but they were inoperational. Quickly, I discovered why: they need to be fueled by All power.

So, I began scanning the galaxy for All users, and i first came across you, Graysith. I discovered, to my delight, that you had already managed to reincarnate the Sith. So, I came to you.

Here is my offer, my lady: Join with me. Side your army with mine. Assist me in powering my weapons. Together, we could take over the galaxy, ensure a Sith reign for eternity!

What say you, Lady Jharmeen, Chosen daughter of the Sith?

[ 06-22-2003 08:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by MindMaster ]

--------------------

Posts: 29 | From: A secret place | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 204.32.207.194
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-22-2003 08:28 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Deep within the psyche of the Chosen Daughter, the Beast threw back its head and howled. Her eyes now widened to their fullest extent, somehow becoming even darker in the doing. The strange non-light of the Elseness was rent by a powerful blast from her Glyph as it immediately soared up beyond gamma, sending out a sheet of pure white light.

Now she fisted her corporeal fists, as well as the ones of the image of herself she was maintaining in her mind. Her lip curled into a sneer, but the overtones of her next quietly thought statement were honey-sweet.

"And just why exactly should I take on an... ally in order to achieve that which I am so clearly capable of achieving on my own?

"I need no such assistance from ghosts; it seems, rather, that you need me."

[ 06-22-2003 08:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05