my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Flame, Triumphant, Burns (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Flame, Triumphant, Burns
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-01-2004 08:54 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Give me back Rag- give me back my chit. It's not yours." He held out a hand for it, and tried to pry it from the sith's grip with the force, but he had a strong grip, and something else that blocked him from doing so.

"I suppose you want my answer though. I didn't come here willingly sith. I escaped to here from elseness, of which that witch imprisoned me in. Now give me the chit back."

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 216.160.191.93
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 09-01-2004 09:21 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My lip curls with disdain at the impestuous nature of this rash young human. But it is only for the fact that he is indeed young, and does not know any better, that I stay my immediate reaction to his rush upon my person.

Which of course is of no avail.

I let him grunt and flail and sneer and try to impress me, all the while knowing how deeply frightened this one really is at the thought of his precious object being taken so easily from him. That alone strengthens my determination to discover exactly what the object is, or represents.

My hand closes like iron over it, still safe within the folds of my sleeve. Calmly then, I expose my empty hand, and point a claw at the human.

Nothing visible shows itself, but the rash one is quite suddenly sitting on the stone of the floor, shaking his head in wonderment of how he got there.

"I would expect better behavior from a human, especially one to whom we have extended our hospitality by taking you under our care and tendering you medical aid...

"Rather than killing you on the spot. Humans are not usually allowed within the walls of this temple, much less our city or the planet upon which you have seemed to helplessly find yourself."

I pause a moment, cocking my head to one side as I continue to pin the youth with a piercing look. In my hand, the shard seethes warmth and strength.

I tighten my grip upon it yet further.

"Do not behave as a child, but strive to act in a manner that is honorable and worthy of one's respect, whether the other is friend or foe. Now tell me--

"Who is this 'witch' of whom you speak, and how did she place you into that which you called Elseness?

"What do you know of both?"

Of course I am fully aware of who it is, but I wait to see what he is willing to divulge to me.

[ 09-01-2004 09:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.198
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-01-2004 09:26 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin nearly screamed at the self righteous sith. Sure they had healed him and extended "hospitality", but it was more link a scientist making sure his subject didn't die.

But at the rate he was going, and his current situation, he might as well speak the truth.

"Elseness is a gods forsaken hell hole of eternity that has no form of entertainment or enjoyment. I got out because some sorta hole opened in it. As for the witch, that's Graysith. She used some sort of thing my mast- I heard was called an All."

He paused, he had nearly revealed Ragorian twice now when he had been forbidden to do so.

"I don't know why you're asking me this, but I'm willing to bet you know the answer to every question already."

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-01-2004 09:40 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stare at the youth, seeing through his blustering bravado as clearly as looking into a pool of ice water.

A smile comes to my face as I understand quite suddenly the logical conclusion to his truncated statement.

"So... the magick I feel within this shard is considered Master to this lad," I think to myself as I simply stare down at the excitable and angry youth.

"There have not been many in the history of the universe, at least not those of whom I am aware, who would have such powers of placing their spirits nto inanimate objects... except we Sith.

"This would explain his innate hostility toward me...."

My smile broadens, then vanishes like fog before the blast of warming sunlight.

"Indeed," is all I reply, and smile further, letting patience now be my guide as I stand in utter and rigid silence, and just...

Wait.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.198
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-01-2004 09:43 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin waited for moments, then minutes, when what felt like an hour. He could almost sense the exact shape and feeling of the shard, almost feel it in his own hand as he could see the picture of Ragorians face as he had shown it to him.
That's it. Rykounagin calmed himself completely and utterly, and began to wrap around him a small whirlpool, then growing flood of energy through the force.

"Give it back, now."

--------------------

Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-01-2004 11:23 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I feel him drawing energy about himself, gathering up courage and strength and blind -- oh so blind! -- purpose, and running through it all is a thin line of magick coming in from, no real surprise, the shard which I grasp within my hand. True, that line is a thin one, tenuous, stretched near the point of breaking completely; I nod to myself as yet more understanding comes to me.

This shard would indeed be nothing more than shard to him, if it were moved any further from his person. Indeed, it appears to be situated at an actual physical threshold; I take a step backward, moving away from the lad, and in my hand the shard flares in silent protest.

That thin line is stretched taut, so taut -- and with a small explosion of constrained energies is finally snapped.

I smile, knowing the magicks can no longer reach this lad, and finally make reply to him.

"That which is held by this shard belongs to the Sith, not to you, child. No human is worthy of its possession."

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 65.103.180.182
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 09-02-2004 02:31 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As he observed the conversation between the powerful Sith and young Rykounagin proceed warily, Ragorian would have grimaced, had he been in possession of a mouth. Rykounagin had come too close to revealing his presence. Ragorian suspected that the Sith would not take long to piece the information together, and he wished not to think about the consequences of that.

As the conversation, or, rather, confrontation progressed, Ragorian began to worry what the Sith was going to do with the shard of his vessel. Paying attention to this, he couldn't stop himself from giving a mental cry of alarm when his mental connection to young Rykounagin was suddenly severed. It was there one moment, and then it was gone, cut by the Sith sorceror as easily as Ragorian's blade cut flesh.

As he discovered this, Ragorian suddenly realised he had indeed cryed out mentally, which would have certainly alerted the sorceror to his presence along their faint link. In response to this, Ragorian quickly retreated farther back from the link, attempting to find soem way to reestablish a link with Rykounagin.

But if there was a way, he could not find it.

Resignedly, he tapped into his powers, not gathering them, not using them at all, but simply having them there, comforting in a way, his only defence against whatever the unpredictable Sith sorceror decided to do next. For in this game, the next move was certainly his.

[ 09-02-2004 02:33 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 4.164.93.241
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-02-2004 03:20 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The cry leaps into my mind, short, faint, and quickly truncated. Nevertheless my focus is captured with the swiftness of thought itself.

Totally dismissing the human then, I turn away and reach out in communication to the unknown thing whose very essence seems to be held within my hand. Dismissal is not ignorance, however; a small portion of my conscious awareness is kept trained on the youth, who yet stands simmering like a pot ready to boil over.

Being careful to augment my connection with protective magicks that any consciousness I might encounter would not be able to see too deeply into my own mind, as well as to make certain that if I chose to sever our link it would indeed be severed, I speak out.

"Who are you, with such obvious strength so easily felt, who would misuse this power by binding with so feeble a being as a human?" I ask.

My fingers move along the slick, warm surface of the shard, almost in a caressing motion. It thrums with hidden currents beneath my touch.

[ 09-02-2004 03:23 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-02-2004 03:33 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin was infuriated. I don't care what he is, he's dead. Rykounagin sped forwards while Aelvedaar focused on the shard.

Aelvedaar turned and looked at him as he swung a fist. But inches away from his face, Rykounagins fist stopped. What the?

--------------------

Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 09-02-2004 03:38 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the Sith spoke to him, Ragorian reached into the wells of his power, feeling Aelvedaar's magick workings, and took half a moment to put up some defences of his own, hoping they would hold long enough to give him time to escape, if escape was necessary. After these were in place, he spoke to the Sith who had captured the shard from Rykoungain, attempting not to betray his hesitancy at revealing himself in his voice.
Ragorian is my name, he replied evenly I was...I am a Sith sorceror.

Pausing, he considered the word he had used at first..."was." Why had that slipped out? Though his body was gone, he was certainly still Sith, in mind and spirit.

But then, if that was true, why was he so apprehensive of this Sith, a member of his own race?

Putting these thoughts aside, he spoke again.

I bound with the human because I had little in the way of opportunity, good sir...

He paused in his explanation a minute, then voiced a qustion of his own.
Might I know the name of who I am adressing? For I can sense that you are one of no meager power yourself, and the identity of a Sith of such strength does intrigue me.

Falling silent, he waited patiently for a response.

[ 09-02-2004 03:39 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 4.164.93.241
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-02-2004 04:13 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The flying fist of the boy's feeble attack almost... almost... pulls my concentration away from Ragorian. As it is, an instinctive response on my part reaches out with the All and in less than a nanosecond grasps the very molecules of the air, straining those of water vapor from it, and then exerts enough pressure upon those molecules that they sublimate directly into ice.

A very dry, and very cold ice. Ice of the consistency as one would expect to find upon a solar body billions of kilometers from its sun.

Which would be roughly as strong as durasteel.

A corner of my lip curls up as I sense the confusion of the lad when his fist impacts what must look like solid air. One can arrange the latticework in such a manner that light can pass entirely through it, after all....

"Take care, boy, before you find more than your hand smarting."

Another gentle and invisible shove sends him flying back again, once more to land on the part of a human's anatomy that suits such things best. Now that he is, at least for another moment or two, far enough away to not bother me with his pesky attacks, I turn my focus back to the shard and address Ragorian once again.

"I am Aelvedaar, Dark Lord of the Sorcerers," I say quietly, giving this fellow sorcerer a mental bow of recognition.

"May I inquire as to the circumstances which have placed you in this bit of metal, and afterward binding you over into the trust of a human child?"

[ 09-02-2004 04:23 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-02-2004 09:18 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It didn't hurt. He thought scornfully as he stood up and leaned against a pillar. This Aelvedaar's a pain in the, well honestly, not much of a pain. More of a cocky, self centered arogant fool.

He looked about, and took interest in two statues that stood to either side of the entrance. They formed an archway above the doorway, but more important to him was what it depicted.

On one side stood a sith, lunging towards a dark cloaked man with a spear. In response, the man appeared to be swinging a sword. However, the most interesting thing to him, was the fact that these weapons were real rather than stone.

He reached out through the force, and tried to bring them out of their stone grips, but the stone was strong, and he was not sufficantly recovered to acomplish the task, though his prying had shifted the sword slightly.

--------------------

Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 09-04-2004 04:54 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ragorian gave a start at the lofty title this Sith held, the very pinnacle of power in their shared art.

I am in the presence of the Dark Lord himself? he replied, a slight feeling of awe tinging his voice. Forgive my ignorance in this matter, good sir, he added, returning the Dark Lord's mental bow with one of his own, but I have not been among our people for some time.

Your query of how I became imprisoned in this shard? The tale itself is fairly lengthy. Suffice it to say that this imprisonment is a fate I imposed on myself, a hasty choice made to escape imminent death. This choice, however, left me without a body of my own, and unable to move myself. However, I find whenever I come into physical contact with another living being, I am able to bond them to me, and, in most circumstances, control them. The boy is merely the most recent of my...transporters, or hosts, I suppose you could say.

I lost track of him recently in Graysith's extradimensional prison, however, and only recently found him to be in your palace, dark Lord Aelve-

Ragorian suddenly ceased speaking. The name...Aelvedaar...surely he had heard it somewhere before? Taking a moment to delve into his centuries of memory, he searched for the source of the spark of recognition the name had caused.

When he found it, his mind reeled in surprise for a moment as the impossibility of the situation hit him. Realising he had been ignoring Aelvedaar for several minutes, he spoke to him again, his tone quizzical now.

Aelvedaar? Dark Lord of the Sorcerors? This is a name I have heard...the same name of a Dark Lord of the Sorcerors nearly four thousand years ago. Pausing for a moment, Ragorian affirmed again that this fact was true, at least to his memory.

But...you cannot be he. You would surely have died of old age by now...unless you discovered magicks that would allow you to live forever. But...that is impossible.

He stopped, then continued tenatively.

Isn't it?

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 4.228.12.97
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-07-2004 10:07 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin waited a bit. Strange, what is he doing? He's completely ignoring me, but why?

Suddenly he realized. Could he be speaking with ragorian? Would master give his presence away so swiftly? Rykounagin frankly didn't know, and began to wonder what his master was plotting.

Rykounagin turned back towards the arch way, and leaped up to the sword statue. He physically pried the sword from the statue, but to his dismay, broke off part of the hand in doing so. Not like it was important, or at least I hope not.

The sword appeared to be built as a small weapon for a sith, though in turn it was fairly large for himself. Rykounagin waved it around a bit, and familiarized himself with it. He had to admit it was well built, probably by a master craftsmen. Well, I've got a weapon. But I can't leave without Ragorian, so what am I to do? I could attack this sith, but he keeps blocking me somehow.

Rykounagin sighed and sat down, then winced, and thought to himself that he should have waited to be fully healed before he left.

He took off his upper layer of mesh and looked at a long black burn mark that ran only where his runes did not trace, seeming to skip over them. Strange.

--------------------

Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-08-2004 08:06 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
While I am completely aware of the cryptic movement of the human behind me, I leave him to himself and the sword he has wrested from its place upon the lintel.

Both are, after all, easily replaceable.

Again, it is to my fellow sorcerer that I direct my attention.

"Yes, I am he," I state simply, letting him wonder further how such things can be. Perhaps I shall divulge more to him at a later date; this of course is dependent upon....

"Tell me," I continue the mental conversation. "You have placed yourself into this bit of shard, is that correct? Of your own accord?

"Why a mere shard? Why a tiny bit of material easily overlooked, and once discovered, easily lost to one?"

I squeeze the bit in my hand for emphasis.

"Is this all you are, Ragorian?"

I quiet, now cocking a figurative ear to the whistling of the blade as the child behind me plays with it. I half expect him to make an attack.

I did not come to be that which I am now by being blind or a fool.

And so, regarding both of the pair, I once again wait.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.253.7
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 09-09-2004 03:39 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Putting aside his amazment and slight doubt of meeting the legendary Dark Lord Aelvedaar aside, Ragorian was about to respond to his question, but then stopped himself.

How far do I trust this Aelvedaar? he thought quietly in his own chamber of his mind, carefully staying away from their mental connection. How much do I tell him? True, he could, with his magick prowess, be a powerful ally to me, but he could be an even more powerful enemy if conversations go sour. And as it is, I already have enough enemies. I'd best ware my words for now.

Turning his attention back to his mental conversation with Aelvedaar, he spoke again

This shard is not all that I am, Lord Aelvedaar. It is simply a piece of my vessel, sent so that I could watch over and assist this boy. Little damage would be done to me if it was destroyed, for very little resides within it.

Quickly ragorian quieted himself, having gone on longer than he intended. He truly was lettign the silence get to him...his thirst for conversation was almost insatible. But as he considered his speech before, he began to wonder if he should have cut it short sooner. It had been relatively short, true. But to a cunning Sith sorceror like Aelvedaar, even that speech could have revealed too much..

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 4.164.150.100
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-10-2004 02:29 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Then you fear me," I respond quickly and to the point.

"Else you would not state the veiled threat that you so clearly do. Tell me--"

I pause, cocking a momentary ear to the human behind me. Nothing from that quarter but silence and his soft and even breathing.

"Why should kith fear kin, Ragorian? Have you truly something to hide?"

[ 09-10-2004 02:29 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 09-10-2004 11:30 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Again Ragorian paused, weighing his words carefully as he considered his reply to Aelvedaar.

Something to hide? he asked quizzically. No, not at all...

I suppose you are right in detecting fear, Lord Aelvedaar, he continued, but this fear is simply a wariness, if you will, against others who could, perhaps, threaten my existance. This wariness is what has kept me alive these years. Sadly, though it makes me immediately wary and mistrustful of any being with considerable power that I meet...

Even one such as myself. I cannot even bring myself, at first, at least to trust a Sith.

Reflecting on this fact, Ragorian relised it was all too true. He heaved a small mental sigh.

My apolgies if I have offended you, Lord Aelvedaar, but this is simply who...or what...I am now. I cannot do anything about it.

Falling silent, he waited for the Dark Lord's next query.

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 4.228.150.168
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-16-2004 02:47 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I remain silent, no further questions needing to be asked. Indeed, I have gained enough information from this shard in my hand to find answers to the one final query that I have, yet unvoiced.

I utterly ignore the still quiet human, and turn into the shadows, departing from the antechamber we were occupying together. Now going through hallway and intermittant rooms, I finally come into my sanctum sanctorum, the door of which I close behind myself, locking it securely against any intrusion with the strength of the All and the powers of my inherent Sith magick.

For a moment I pause, staring at the highly protected door without really seeing it; then I turn away toward an object which waits for me in greeny-golden silence. One which waits for a question to be asked of it.

Smiling, I approach the Great Crystal Octahedron, letting that soothing otherness which whirls inside the crystal likewise whirl about in my vision and consciousness. After a bit of time has passed, it seems the two begin to merge physically, which indeed they do.

I close my eyes, still seeing clearly. The greeny-goldenness reaches out with a will of its own, caresses my mind, and therein finds yet Another Question.

Created for nothing other than this, it answers.

An image forms, both within the Octahedron and within my mind. It is as if I am a great bird, zooming in upon a particular target. At first there is nothing below my talons but the quick passage of grassy plain; this gives rapidly away to the onset of dirt and finally rock, which angles upward, becoming more and more boulder-littered as the image flies underneath me.

At length the slope meets rock face, one in which a dark little hole lies snugged away from the light. A flame headed image is struggling upward along that slope, pale and beclawed hand reaching from rock hold to rock hold as it moves slowly but determinedly upward toward the little hole. I look with interest for but a moment, then return my focus to the goal which lies up ahead.

The red headed being flies away beneath me; now the opening looms larger and larger, until I have passed through the brink of light and dark and enter into a cave of unknown proportions.

Directly in my line of sight, but back away from the opening itself, I see a large, flat-topped rock. And atop that rock there lies a sword, one which seems to thrum with barely restrained energy.

I smile and open my eyes. In front of me, the swirling mists within the Octahedron obediently converge to obscure the very image I have just seen within my own mind.

"So, my dear friend," I murmur to myself.

"This is who and where you are."

[ 09-16-2004 02:53 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 09-16-2004 03:38 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Watching curiously through his link with Aelvedaar, Ragorian was amazed as they entered the chamber of soem sort of huge relic, an artifact that emenated magick and warmth.

As Aelvedaar seemed to consult the object, Ragorian attempted to also make contact with it, to look into its depths and know the limit of its powers. But for all his striving, he only garnered confusion, a jumble of mismatched images and colors that only served to further befuddle Ragorian. He desired to ask about the object, but decided to wait until his...host...was finished communing with it.

As Aelvedaar broke away, Ragorian was about to speak, but was startled when Aelvedaar spoke first. Even more startled was he when the question revealed that Aelvedaar had somehow learned the truth behind his vessel and its location. Apparently this artifact had provided the Dark Lord with this information, which only served to highten
Ragorian's interst about the item.

As to his location, though, Ragorian knew there was no hiding it.

Yes, he said. That is the location of my spirit.

Turning his attention elsewhere, he voiced a question to the Dark Lord. But...this objec...Dark Lord Aelvedaar, what is it? What is its purpose? For it is obviously magickal...

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.102.86
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 09-21-2004 02:19 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I frown at the interruption through which the entity within the shard dares enter into my mind, for indeed I have not aimed any thought or comment in his direction. That he has the ability to pick up on my peripheral thoughts merely confirms the fact that magickal abilities are in his venue, as he has already admitted to me.

That he dares interrupt... suggests only that he is powerful in himself or incredibly naive.

I have my doubts about the latter, and frown, taking careful note to close off all thought processes from such further investigation, and allowing only what I wish to get across to him to do so.

Which I put into immediate effect.

"This device is magickal, yes," I state tersely, "but is of no concern of yours. It is a creation of my own, and responds only to me or to those whom I have taught it's use."

That being said I shut a mental door, lurking behind it then to study further this new revelation:

That the entity within this shard is strong enough to divide himself thus...

...and that his living spirit is on K'eel Doba, even now being approached by the daughter of my Chosen One.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-22-2004 03:12 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
These sith are as arogant as they get. They believe they are above others, but something else bothers me. Something familiar seems to be here, and it is not my master. Something is or was here, and the feeling lingers, causing me pain not to know what it is. I almost want to seek it, but it's strange.

Rykounagin stood. I intend to find out what it is. Rykounagin left the room, and went to the nearest sith. "Who here has left recently?"

--------------------

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 09-22-2004 03:30 AM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Sith chambermaid who was hurrying past the door to her Lord's inner sanctum paused with a jerk as Rykounagin reached out and interrupted her progress. He grasped hold of her elbow with such force that the vessels she was carrying upon the elaborately graven silver tray tottered, nearly spilling their drink.

She gasped, turning brightly colored eyes upon him, working hard to steady herself.

"S-sir," she finally managed in a politely toned voice, realizing from his stance and the way he had so obviously just exited from Aelvedaar's chambers that he was a guest of some high standing.

"I do not understand your meaning. There are none prisoned here; people come and go as they please, and many have left the temple to go about their business within the city.

"Choyapenthe is alive in the dark hours, although perhaps appearing to slumber. If you were to walk the streets, perhaps you would come across the one you seek to find."

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 65.103.180.182
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-22-2004 03:37 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I don't know, someone who... well, looks like me. A human..." He described the people he had seen in his "memories" in elseness.

He waited for the siths response.

--------------------

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 09-22-2004 03:44 AM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She shook her head, now staring at him more closely.

"I am sorry, Sir, but I have seen none other like you this night," she finally said, blinking her lashes.

"Other than one cloaked in dark of whom I only caught the barest of glances. He was fleeing in that direction."

Beginning to point with the cumbersome tray, she suddenly realized that she was standing there in front of a guest and rudely witholding refreshment.

"Sith brandy, Sir?" she asked quietly, holding the tray out in his direction.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 65.103.180.182

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05