my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Flame, Triumphant, Burns (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Flame, Triumphant, Burns
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-22-2004 03:48 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A cloaked figure. Hardly a fashion statement among these sith. Rykounagin decided it was worth a shot, ignored her offering, and went off in the direction she had indicated.

He followed the trail, and wondered wether his search would be worth anything or not. Only time will tell. But unlike my master, my time is limited.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 216.160.191.93
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 10-19-2004 03:11 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Ragorian felt Aelvedaar close the mental door, his curiosity rose in regard to the magical object that the Dark Lord was keeping hidden. He pushed it down quickly, knowing it would not be...prudent...to press Aelvedaar further on this issue.

Instead, he turned his curiosity outward, sizing up his situation as best he could. Rykounagin, he could tell, had departed, which was discouraging, considering that he was Ragorian's only ally, most likely, in this place.

Wherever 'this place' even is... he though to himself, sighing slightly.

Using his senses, he quickly located Rykounagin, who was moving through the Sith city at a brisk pace. Much too far away for communication, he realized, his frustration spiking.

Or...was he?

Focusing on the corridors of his own concious, Ragorian was surprised to find he still felt some sort of...link to Rykounagin, one that pulled at him, pointing in the boy's direction.

An interesting phenomenon, Ragorian thought, but then, he and I have been through much. And he always did seem to have strange powers.

Closer examination of this unpalpable thread that linked both of their spirits brought only confusion to Ragorian. This bond was of a completely alien nature to him. He could not even discern if communication was possible through it. Still, he figured that it could not hurt to give it a try. Focusing his mind on this link, he spoke.

Rykounagin? Can you hear me?

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.102.177
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 10-19-2004 03:40 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin went down the avenue, and entered a large building, its floor was a long smooth slab of stone. Armed sith stood around, and Rykounagin got the feeling they were not there for ceremony.

He threw caution to the winds, and approached a sith. "Excuse me, did you see a cloaked figure of somekind. A sith pointed me in this direction and-"

Suddenly, it seemed like a screechy, wailing sound filled his mind. He crumpled instantly, then realized it was his master, and tried to think back at him. Cease master! Where are you? I need your help!

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 63.231.89.224
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-19-2004 07:54 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: The above post was written by Blade of Chaos, under a mistaken identity.))

[ 10-20-2004 09:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.198
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 10-20-2004 03:07 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I remain in the safety of this, my Inner Sanctum. Before me, the Octahedron, ever the Seer of That Which Is, obeys my order and reveals that which I desire to know.

That actual words cannot be heard is something I must deal with, is that in which my cunning in extrapolating the real from the apparent is put to test.

The fact that She yet remains living tells me much, not only in regards to her but to those I have sent after her, as well as He who I have Chosen to be my son.

The incompetent fools shall be dealt with, as will the Betrayer.

But first, there is the matter of Her.

I am not Dark Lord of the Sorcerers for nothing. I did not merely choose this one when I did.

How naive would that act alone have been.

Nothing is guaranteed in the universe, and thus one must take certain steps to persuade the actions of time to be those most beneficial to one, and toward the implementation of one's goal.

This is the First and Foremost rule in sorcery, after all.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.198
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 10-21-2004 02:49 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OCC: This message comes in from In The Desert of the Dark in the Jedi/Sith forums))

"Aelvedaar, this is Sa'kal'ishaalas. I apologize, but Raelgosh and I failed to defeat this Dark Lady. We are investigating something that Raelgosh saw on our flight to a life sign we found on the planet. Should I carry your orders out to kill Raelgosh due to his failure to help me in killing our targets?"

[ 10-21-2004 02:50 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sa'kal'ishaalas ]

Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.164.11.178
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 10-26-2004 02:37 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A grunt of annoyance escapes me at the interruption. I am so close, so close, and now to have to deal....

I now sigh, and after settling my thoughts to a state of icy blandness, send reply to the Cult Assassin.

"Indeed, it would appear that your companion does not live up to the expectations of your type," I send across the ether.

"Nor of mine. Deal with him as soon as possible; his continued ineffectual presence may otherwise end up being more of a hindrance to me than any help."

I turn away from this line of thought then, and once more focus everything on the drama being enacted on the Sith warship.

So close...

So close.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 65.101.171.87
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 10-26-2004 02:48 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Whoops...sorry bout the mix-up. Didn't mean to cause confusion))

Realizing his attempts at speaking were hurting Rykounagin, Ragorian stopped, listened to his reply, and attempted to imitate the pattern and direction of thought Rykounagin had used.
Rykounagin, I am still with Aelvedaar.

He debated internally a moment. His initial plan had been to call Rykounagin back to Aelvedaar's room, or send him off to scout, but now he realized that the lad was pursuing his own interests. Something very important to him, it seemed Normally, Ragorian would not have cared one iota, but...he owed the lad much. He could give him what assistance he needed.

Tell me where you are, Rykounagin, he continued. And how I can help you.

[ 10-26-2004 02:50 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.54.77
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 10-26-2004 03:27 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Master Ragorian! I am searching for someone a sith said resembled me, but I am unable to locate them! I need to have you in my possession again, and get out of here!

Rykounagin sent, wondering where he was. He left the place, and began heading back to the audience chamber where he had seen aelvedaar. When he reached the entrance, the sith stopped him.

"Excuse me, I need to find Aelvedaar."

--------------------

Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 10-26-2004 03:36 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
No!

Ragorian sent his reply quickly and forcefully to the young lad.

Trust me, Rykounagin, you do not want to confront Aelvedaar now. Nothing would you accomplish by doing this. I know not how or why, but I can communicate with you still, and with time I shall learn, hopefully, to aid you with my powers once more. I am in no danger, and can remain in Aelvedaar's possession for the time being.

Sighing, he hoped his reasoning would have an effect upon the brash young Rykounagin.

For now we should focus on getting you off this planet, or out of this city at least. Then we may begin searching for those you seek.

Though how they may accomplish this search still remained a mystery.

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.54.77
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 10-26-2004 03:47 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OCC: This message comes in from In The Desert of the Dark in the Jedi/Sith forums))

"Yes my master. It will be done."

[ 10-26-2004 03:47 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sa'kal'ishaalas ]

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 10-27-2004 02:31 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykoungin stood there, wondering if he'd be able to pass, when suddenly fire shot through him. He screamed, and collapsed on the ground, his runes burning brightly and feeling as though they would kill him.

He rolled, and clutched his arms around him. Whats happening?! He mentally screamed, still verbally shrieking into the night. "Ragorian!!!"

--------------------

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-27-2004 10:32 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Sith's brows shot up in mingled surprise and perplexity as the stranger suddenly dropped to the cobblestones, holding his head and screaming like a lost tuk'ata. He drew back from where Rykounagin was writhing, but it was not from any fastidiousness on his part. It was, instead, to open the side door to the Temple, which Rykounagin had found by accident.

"Guards, send for the Healer!" he barked into the dim hallway beyond. Then he pulled back, kneeling at the human's side, and placed a clawed hand on his shoulder.

"Be at ease, the Healer is coming," he said, all the while wondering if the Healer could work his magick on this obviously non-Sith.

A few moments passed, then booted footsteps announced the arrival of the Healer and his small entourage. They paused in the act of opening the door.

The Healer's brows shot skyward.

"You again?" he said, half laughing, half worried. Then he motioned to his interns.

"Take him to the Healing Center, and see his bed is a soft one."

The others nodded politely, then seized Rykounagin between them. Each one taking hold of a limb, they carried the human in this fashion back to the Healing Center from which he had so abruptly departed, not too long ago.

They laid him on a bed, drawing back as the Healer entered the room and came up to him.

"You must forgive us if our facility is not up to your liking, but it is the only medical assistance you are likely to find here, sir," he said, holding back a grin and then, placing a hand on Rykounagin's forehead, he proceeded to send healing energy into the still-screaming young man.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 65.101.171.87
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 10-27-2004 10:48 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin tried to get up, his runes still burning, but was easily pushed back by the healer. "I suppose you have no intention of letting me go again."

He said, glaring at them, though the glare weakened as the pain from his runes began to fade. "I suppose I owe you thanks. But I Must leave this place, retrieve my master from aelvedaar, and find graysith."

He said this his eyes closed, feeling the burning fade.

--------------------

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-27-2004 11:00 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Healer frowned at this.

"Retrieve your master?" he said softly, stepping back a bit as he removed his hand from Rykounagin's forehead. His sky-blue eyes roved over the young man's form, took in the strange runes enscribed upon his body.

And being a healer... recognized them.

He cut his eyes to one of the interns, and nodded. Once.

The other closed his eyes, bowed, and quickly left, going to take the message to their Dark Lord.

The Healer turned back to the young man.

"Tell me, son," he began carefully.

"How is it that you have come to have Sith runes upon your flesh?"

He silenced, left Rykounagin's side for a moment, and came back with a stool. This he placed at the bedside, and sat down upon it, never again letting his eyesight depart from the young human in front of him.

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 10-27-2004 11:04 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin was taken aback. "Sith runes? Thats what these things are?" He looked down at his hands and arms.

"I've had these as long as I can remember, which is roughly about two months." He frowned, feeling the etchings around his neck move slightly. "How would I have gotten them? What are they exactly?"

He asked, puzzling over it.

--------------------

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 10-27-2004 11:13 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Healer remained silent.

At length, he reached out one clawed hand and, taking Rykounagin by his chin forced him to stare him straight in the face. Their eyes met for a long moment, as the Healer sought for the barest hint of deception lurking in Rykounagin's soul.

He found none.

Letting his hand drop, he got to his feet.

"The answer to this is not my privilege to release," he said quietly, bowing his head to the human. He turned and left Rykounagin's side, but paused at the door which led to the corridor beyond.

"I shall see to it that you come before Lord Aelvedaar. Remain here."

With that he left, closing the door behind him. His interns, following their Master's strange behavior with questioning eyes, now turned those curious glances upon the human in their care.

Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 10-28-2004 04:48 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OCC: Sa'kal'ishaalas and Dash come into this thread in a Sith fighter from In the Desert of the Dark. Thanks))

Sa'kal focused his attention on the blockade surrounding the planet as he and Dash exited hyperspace.

"I'll let you go, but you need to give me any information you have about Graysith and Phalomir. I no longer need to kill them however. But I just might to regain my honor. But from watching Raelgosh fail, I'm starting to believe that it would better for me to admit they are stronger than I am..." said Sa'kal as he turned the cloaking device on. They once again passed through the blockade and landed on the planet. "Stay here, I must do something."

I reached out with my Sith magicks and found them to be even more powerful than before. "Hmmm, that is interesting," I said to myself. I sensed Rykoungin to be not far off, but I determined it would be better for me to confront Aelvedaar first. I entered the temple and saw several sith rushing to Aelvedaar's chambers.

"You! Tell Aelvedaar that Sa'kal'ishaalas has returned and that Raelgosh is dead." I yelled. Then I waited for Aelvedaar to summon me. I wonder how I should handle this I thought to myself as I waited.

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 10-28-2004 04:09 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin lay there in the medical bay, mulling it over. Not at the liberty to tell me? What does that mean? If he can say that, then he obviously knows! By why can't he tell me? What kind of secret could there be if I can't remember and he refuses to tell?

He lay there, his runes genlty burning, when he noticed something different about them. They're red. They've always been black. Why did they change suddenly? Is it that sith magick?

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 209.120.161.36
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 10-29-2004 02:45 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith? Somehow that name almost sounded familiar but Phalomir? didn't ring any bells.

I got up from my seat and walked out behind Sa'kal.

Stay here. Right. I wish I had a lightsaber.

"What are you doing?" I asked as stopped behind Sa'kal.

[ 10-29-2004 02:45 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dash Kelderon ]

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 66.141.71.235
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 10-29-2004 03:25 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Quiet. We are in the presence of the Dark Lord Aelvedaar, and I must make him believe that I am still under his control," said Sa'kal. "I need to free the thoughts of my brother, Rykounagin. I wiped them out years ago in order to allow our cult to survive. The other person that was with me was our Cult Master, but now that he is dead, I no longer have to follow the orders of those who know the ancient words that once controlled our cult. Anyway, he must have experienced some type of pain, as I did when I killed Raelgosh. I need to find him first however," finished Sa'kal.

He waited to see if the Sith would tell Aelvedaar of his return, and hopefully Aelvedaar would grant him permission to meet with him once again.

Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 10-29-2004 03:44 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
By the time Ragorian turned his attention back to Rykounagin, the boy was already being scrutinized by the Sith healer. Not wishing to be recognized, he merely silently observed the condition of the boy, who seemed no worse for the wear.

A few moments later, Rykounagin was free from the healer's scrutinization for the time being. Taking the opportunity, Ragorian spoke to him.
Are you all right, Rykounagin? What happened?

Before he could continue, something caught his attention about the boy. The runes that covered him, which Ragorian had never taken the liberty to examine fully, were now red, a sharp contrast to their usual black. And, looking at them through Rykounagin's eyes, Ragorian found that, oddly enough, he could almost...almost recognize the runes.
What is this? he thought in confusion, his words also being spoken in Rykounagin's mind.What are these runes? Why can I almost read them?

[ 10-29-2004 03:46 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.54.22
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 11-02-2004 04:04 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Master? I'm not sure, but something pained me. The sith healer seems to know, but he's refusing to tell me! I feel something oddly familar near, but I don't know what it is!

He lay there, extremely frustrated as he tried to puzzle out what was going on. What's Aelvedaar doing?

--------------------

The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 11-04-2004 03:52 AM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The cold stone corridors of the ancient Temple of the Sorcerers rang with the cadence of marching footsteps, as an honor squadron of high-ranking Sith magicians set about their appointed rounds.

First they came to where Sa'kal'ishaalas stood in growing impatience, his arms crossed, his red eyes showing his growing ire. They stopped before him, nodding in unison as they opened their ranks, then closed them as he stepped within. As one unit they then whirled, turning about and proceeded to go back the way they had come, toward the sacred Inner Sanctum of their Dark Lord.

As they passed a particular passageway a group of four broke off from the main body, and made a smooth detour away from it. They followed this passageway for some time, turned where it came to a T-intersection, traveled another corridor, climbed a set of stone stairs, and finally came to one of many healing bays scattered widely about the temple. Entering therein, they found the equally glaring Rykounagin waiting inside, his dark hair falling over and partially obscuring his turquoise eyes.

The Sith stopped, staring at those eyes.

Then they nodded; the tallest of the group spoke up.

"We are to take you to the Dark Lord; you are to come with us."

They then fell silent, but spaced themselves out equidistant from each other, leaving room for the young human to come and stand within the dead center of their midst.

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 65.101.171.153
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 11-04-2004 04:29 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rykounagin opened his eyes from the communion, and looked up. He wanted to ask why, then realized Aelvedaar had probably either met with the healer for some reason, or he was calling him for something to do with his master.

He went along the hall, and suddenly felt a rune on his neck burn. Whats going on?

He wondered as they approached the sanctum, another group of the sith standing before the doors, he wondered who else was being brought before Aelvedaar, and suddenly the runes burned again. Strange.

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05