my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Beyond the Looking Glass (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Beyond the Looking Glass
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-27-2003 05:25 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a long moment the room fell into a chilly silence. Emotions warred with one another deep within Shayla, each one trying to gain an individual, louder voice. Shayla didn't even dare look back at Erik; he was probably itching for her to take the invitation to leave and run with it.

One of the myriad of voices then won out.

"No, that is not the sole reason I am here; we need to find the Eye. before it falls into the wrong hands."

Here she glanced to Phalomir and then back. "As you have stated, this link I have might lead us to it..."

Looking to Phalomir, she then ended with, "...so let's use it."

[ 09-27-2003 05:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.251.170
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-27-2003 05:38 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Something flashed flat and pewter gray deep in the depths of Graysith's eyes.

For a long moment she stared at the defiant Shayla, using every last bit of her own strengths to present a completely unreadable front to her, while deep within the Beast seemed to open it's great clawed paw just the slightest and snarl as if finding something frail and delicate trapped therein. That massive paw snapped closed with Graysith's next words.

"As I have already stated, your message has been delivered and is understood. As is the one your new companions have brought here as well."

A vision swam in front of her eyes, one to break the strongest unity: a triad of violet and turquoise and blue. She grunted, pulling away from that vision.

"Go chase your ghosts, Shayla, although I would heartily recommend that you leave well enough alone and go back into the realm from whence I pulled you. For if you do not heed my words--"

A rumbling bass snarl seemed to underscore her final words.

"You shall surely die."

She fell utterly silent then and just stood there, staring strongly into Shayla's widening eyes.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-27-2003 05:59 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's eyes widened, some fresh and stark pain trying to spring forth from their depths. She fought mightly to hold it back...

...but even she wasn't certain that she was entirely successful in that matter. But knowing that perhaps the link she held was of a danger to Graysith...

...Shayla knew it was best that she did leave, and now. "Allright," she said softly, "I'll go."

Quietly then she turned, and took her first step out towards her waiting husband. But then she froze, turning back to Graysith, unable to restrain her final words. "But know this; no matter how I have failed you...

...I loved you as my own sister...

... and I always will."

Saying nothing further then, Shayla turned back to her husband even as he met her, his hand going around hers. "Let's go," he said softly, his brown eyes peering deeply in her own and reading something therein.

She nodded once in mute reply...

...then simply let him take the lead back to where they had berthed the transport which had brought them to this place to begin with.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.251.170
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-27-2003 06:31 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith stood like a statue of ice, watching as Shayla's husband took up her hand in his and led her to the huge ornate doors which guarded the Dining Hall. For the briefest of moments they paused, as though one of them wished to take in that grandeur for a final time; then they entered the corridor, turned, and disappeared altogether. Behind them Phalomir shot a meaningful gaze directly into Graysith's unmoving face, then gathered up the befuddled-looking Panthar and turned to go. The Sith warriors, having fallen back to allow Shayla and Erik egress from the room, now closed in behind the other two Sith, thus preventing them from turning back toward their Dark Lady...

...who gave them pause, literally within the frame of those massive doors, by four softly spoken words. Four words uttered when she was certain that Shayla and Erik were totally beyond earshot.

"She must never know."

Phalomir turned round at that, surprise evident upon the strong planes of his face. His eyes widened in further surprise to see Graysith standing where she was, her hands quietly clasped, a single tear standing diamond-bright upon her cheek.

Their eyes met, his full of wonder, hers with the sudden release of pent-up grief held back far too long. Deep within herself the Beast rose to its feet, nosing about as if in quest of something, whining strangely when unable to find it. She fought against that, and instead raised the Claw-bearing hand smoothly, already knowing the questions he was readying to ask her, even while fighting against that Beast within so she could make answer to him.

"I too have had visions," she whispered, her thoughts going back to that last encounter she had with Lords Roan and Aelvedaar and Recinis amidst the gnarltrees on Dagobah.

"The unity of which your Prophecy speaks would mean her death. The link with the traitor is the key."

She blinked again, then again, unable to halt the sudden upwelling of tears which were now springing into her eyes.

"If she remained here, it would mean her death," she choked in repetition, sniffing and struggling to regain her icy control again. It floated as distant from her as the nearest star, taunting. "And knowing this would only press her into remaining here further with me. I could not beg her to go, not for her own sake...."

She paused again, her vision a watery blur. Her jaw worked a moment before she managed to continue.

"I lost a great deal of my love that day on Dagobah," she went on, heedless to the fact that Phalomir probably hadn't the slightest clue as to what she referred to, "but not quite all of it. Not... entirely....

"She must never know, for she would only come back. To save her life... she has to go."

With that she silenced for the final time. Then she whirled so as to present her back to those yet in the room, and simply stared at the wall behind her as if seeking answers there.

But she never really saw it, cold and stony there, at all.

[ 09-27-2003 07:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 09-27-2003 07:16 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir took two steps towards the Dark Lady, ignoring the icy glares from the remaining guards. He paused.

“It must be a terrible pain to lose one’s love,” he spoke softly. “More terrible than losing one’s time and memories… and one’s purpose.”

He felt something rise in his throat, and he paused a moment to regain control. He closed his eyes.

“I have been the pawn of the future and the past for too long,” he whispered, unsure if he was heard and not really caring. “All I want is the present… all I want is you.”

His eyes slowly opened.

“Not all prophecies are true, my lady,” he said.

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 09-27-2003 07:24 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar stood where he was, unsure what to think. He looked around the room, taking in the guards who hovered in the distance. He looked to Phalomir, whose back was turned to him. Phalomir appeared to be speaking softly to the Dark Lady, but Panthar couldn’t hear him clearly.

“Well,” thought Panthar. “I guess I’ll just stand here then. Cripes, what a bunch of wookie dung this turned out to be. I can’t believe they’re just going to let Shayla and whatshisname walk out like that! I mean, come on, we wouldn’t even be here if it weren’t for them. The least they could do is make a –”

He stopped in mid thought. A quick vision flashed into his mind, a time not too long ago, but back when his body was shared by Phal and Thoran and who knows who else. Phal was talking to someone, maybe it was the Eye…

And what of Thoran? The Stargazer shall be his salvation…

“Holy crap,” he thought. “This can’t be over!”

He thought of saying something but hesitated. Let Phal have his moment, he’s had a long day. But only a moment!

[ 09-27-2003 07:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-27-2003 07:33 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now Graysith closed her eyes, stood there a moment longer, letting time stretch out between them while her tears dried upon her face. Then--

"That is impossible," she finally whispered, turning smoothly round even as she spoke the words, coming then to a halt and standing quietly. Her eyes went steadily into Phalomir's green ones and remained there, unflinching, as though daring him to continue along that vein.

[ 09-27-2003 07:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-27-2003 07:41 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Perhaps,” he said quietly, not letting his eyes stray from hers. “Someday you will allow someone to help you recover what you have lost. Patience was never one of my virtues, but for that chance I would wait forever.”

A slight smile worked its way onto his face.

“I already have…”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-27-2003 07:52 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She stared long and steadily until the slight grin faded at last from the face of the imposing Phalomir. And when she was certain he had properly sobered, she continued.

"You do not understand," she whispered, her voice then strengthening, her demeanor backing up the scale until it had returned to its former state of iced command. Her eyes grew hooded; something flickered there, silver and gray, like mercury in the mist.

"I did not lose 'a' love on Dagobah. I lost my love. My ability... and not by happenstance. I wrenched it from my being freely--"

She broke off, unwilling to divulge anything further. The Beast within was beginning to snap, preventing anything from so much as trying to peep in discovery upon the true Jharmeen Jhin'Dar Q'utaro.

She drew in a breath, and finally went on.

"It is not something anyone can assist in... my recovery from," she stated flatly and then turned to the sideboard. But the hand with which she reached for her goblet shook as though in complete denial of her words.

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-27-2003 08:02 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir continued to look at her, and noticed the tremble in her hands.

“I have met your beast, my lady,” he said. “I know of what you speak. I have my own beast, placed by my own will, though it guards something different… I believe…”

He drew in a deep breath and let it out slowly.

“I will be here if you decide differently.”

He looked to the door and crossed his arms together in front of him.

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 09-27-2003 08:03 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar blinked. OK, that was enough time.

“Phal, buddy?”

Phalomir straightened but did not turn.

“Hey, remember a while back when you were asking the Eye or something about how to get back into your bodies? And it said something that we all thought had to do with that? Uh, yeah, OK, I admit, I was listening.”

He cleared his throat.

“Anyway,” he continued. “Remember when it said something about Thoran? The Stargazer shall be his salvation. Remember that? What do you suppose it meant?”

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-27-2003 09:17 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith was in the act of stepping away while she could yet hold her dignity together, when Panthar's words came to her ears. She stopped yet again, another thrill of fear racing through her, and faced Phalomir once again.

"The Stargazer shall be the salvation...of who? Of the one you call Thoran, the one who is so heavily mixed up in this entire black design of the snatching of bodies and the planting of false memories?"

Now she stepped forward toward Phalomir, reaching out an earnest hand to him. Her eyes grew huge and moist again.

"This might be the nexus which was revealed to me on Dagobah," she whispered. "This might be the connection which leads to Shayla's doom.

"You must not allow it to happen, not if--"

She broke off abruptly then and just stood there, suddenly realizing just how closely she had approached him in her concern for the one who was once her adept, but who yet remained and always would remain her sister.

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-27-2003 09:50 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stared into the Dark Lady’s eyes, eyes which had drawn so closely to his own. Without thinking, he reached up and placed both hands lightly on her shoulders. He marveled at the mixed air of power and frailty he sensed from her at the moment, wanting desperately to tell her everything would be all right. But he could not promise it.

He came to the past in search of a way to prevent the All from being discovered, but found himself entangled in a twisted plot of prophecy and conspiracy, played like a pawn in the grasp of some insane master. All he desired was to remain here, in the now, not fearing the future or the past, but basking in the arms of this human woman. But she had locked away her love and placed a powerful beast to guard it, what chance could he have in unlocking that love? What right had he to even try?

What was left for him then?

Something stirred deep within Phalomir, as if a slow, powerful creature had been suddenly stirred from an ancient slumber and its penetrating eye gradually opened. Phalomir was a Dark Lord, ruler of the Clan of the Sorcerers. He felt the power of the Sith surge within him, the magick of eons flowing in his heart, the strength of the Warriors coursing through his veins. He saw the Dark Lady’s face grow slightly curious as it was suddenly bathed in a soft red glow.

“I will be no pawn,” he said steadily. The Dark Lady watched as two tattoos seemed to burn through his face and cast a red light upon her. On his right was the symbol of the Sorcerers, but on his left cheek was the unmistakable markings of the Warrior clan.

“This I vow: I will bring this madness to an end. With all of the power of the Sith, I will protect Shayla and end the plans of these architects of the future. My life is a paradox, my will is stronger than destiny.”

He lingered a moment longer, staring into her eyes.

“She will live, my lady.”

He dropped his hands from her shoulders and took a step backwards. The symbols on his face dimmed to a cool black, but did not fade.

[ 09-27-2003 09:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-27-2003 10:03 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Her jaw dropped in spite of herself.

During this entire phenomenon, the entire length of Phalomir's discourse, she remained frozen in place, her eyes now glued in disbelief to the symbols affixed to either side of his face. Unable to help herself then, they flashed down to her own wrist, seeking reassurance of what had been endowed to her. Her own Tattoo of Entitlement lay there, silkenly gold and gleaming softly, a gentle reminder of a happier time in her recent past.

One of very few such times in her entire life. One of two....

Another shudder brought her focus up to Phalomir's visage again; it was stern and regal before her.

What evolution had the Sith undergone in days which were yet to come, which could bring such a strange union of clans into being within one Lord? Why these two? What of the dearth of Armorers... a dearth which-- She jerked with startlement, realizing this even as the thought came to her. -- a dearth which they did not have until brought forward into this time, her present....

She shook that from her, and let her eyes focus on Phalomir once again. Muscles worked in her face as she clenched her teeth together, working her jaw... and then let herself loosen. Let one final time the mantle of authority drop from her shoulders.

"That would... please me greatly, Phalomir," she finally said, and then fell silent with the somehow shared understanding that there was no need to speak of anything further.

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-27-2003 10:11 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir nodded to the Dark Lady, dimly aware that something had happened, but not ready to let it process in his mind.

“Panthar, come,” he said, still focused on the Dark Lady. “We must find Shayla and Erik before they depart.”

He bowed slowly to the Dark Lady.

“We shall first seek out the Armorers,” he said. “I feel there is something I must do there, something which shall make me complete.”

He then turned towards the doorway. Panthar, startled, quickly bowed to the lady and headed off after. Phalomir paid no heed to the confused guards and strode out into the hallway, Panthar struggling to keep up.

--------------------

Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 09-27-2003 11:34 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ragorian, in Romanus' body, stood outside the temple, thinking over what he had heard. Most of it did not concern him, but he was interested in this...Eye, whatever it was. From what he could tell from his limited information, it was an artifact of great power, and ancient magic. Magic that could, perhaps, return him to his true form.

The other Sith, the uncomfortable one near Phalomir...he was also interesting. Ragorian had allowed his finely tuned senses for spirits to wander over the guests of the Dark Lady. Phalomir was a full-blooded Sith, and Erik and Shayla were both humans, with a seeming outside strength he could not place. Perhaps that was this Force the Lady had referred to.

That second Sith, though. He was not what he seemed. Though from the outside he was Sith, from the inside his spirit was definatly human. How this had happened, and if it could happen again, Ragorian was desperate to find out. Hopefully this Eye, if he could find it, would be able to help.

As he stood on the tmple steps, Ragorian reached out with his senses. He knew that the Eye dwelt somewhere on this planet, and he was hoping he could sense it's weilder. If it had a weilder, of course.

Streaching...stroving...his senses pushing to their limit...he finally found something. At first, the "scent" was only faintly human, but, as Ragorian persued it, he uncovered another layer. He sensed a spirit rich and familiar. The spirit of a Sith.

A Sith in a human's body. If that wasn't a lead, nothing was. Immediatly, Ragorian was running with Romanus' body, far faster than it coud take for long. Running across the plains of K'eel Doba, each step bringing him closer to his prey.

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 204.32.196.79
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 09-28-2003 03:27 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ragorian, stopping in his search for a moment, was discouraged. His quarry did not seem to be anywhere. He had searched for hours, attempting to follow the "scent"....

But it was not leading him anywhere!

Romanus' body was exhausted, so Ragorian stopped to think. The "scent" of this being, this Sith-in-human, was strong. He should have been able to follow it easily....but he could not.

Which was impossible. Ragorian's senses were never wrong. He had scoured this planet, but he had found nothing. The "scent" had not gotten any closer. That could not be happening...

Unless....unless the creature was not on this planet.

Improbable though it was, it seemed the only answer. Something was strengthening this creature's essence, so much that it could be sensed from another planet. What was it?

Ragorian thought for a moment, then laughed at himself. It was so obvious. The Eye! What else could have such power, so obviously Sith. It finally made sense.

Now the problem was how to get to this other planet. Ragorian soon remembered the answer to that one as well. Hadn't he come here in a ship? Yes...that Imperial fool's ship. Excellent. The pieces were falling into place.

Ragorian set off again, on a chase that would, he hoped, actually be fruitful.

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 204.32.195.2
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-28-2003 09:22 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla stared blankly at the navboard after completing the systems warm-up, her mind a thousand parsecs away, her thoughts centering upon one single phrase Graysith had spoken.

Go chase your ghosts, Shayla, although I would heartily recommend that you leave well enough alone and go back into the realm from whence I pulled you. For if you do not heed my words--"

--you shall surely die."

At this thought Shayla blinked, closing her eyes then as if to shut out the emotions welling up within her.

There is no emotion, only peace, a little voice niggled, trying to remind her of something from long past. She pursed her lips, eyes still closed. That was NOT who she was. Everything, even one's own emotions, were part of a wonderful and complete whole...

Shayla pursed her lips together even harder. I can show you how to become whole...

And somewhere deep inside, something cried out in utter despair and sorrow.
And there goes another important person in your life, just like that. First your parents, then your brother...

...though gods know you shut him out as well...

...and now this. Why the change? Why the rejection? Was it something you did...

...or are you in fact correct in believing that perhaps something HAS happened to Graysith to change her...?

Shayla's thoughts were then interrupted by the approach of footsteps. Whirling, she turned in time to see the entering Phalomir and Panthar...

...and to see the two blackened tatooes upon the former's face. Her eyes widened once more...

...for she knew the usual significance of tatooes in the Sith culture. And upon further scrutiny, Shayla realized she recongized both of them...

The marks of the Sorceror and Warrior clan...

Shayla slitted her eyes. "Just how did you get those?" she queried then, suddenly feeling very suspicious, "And what do you plan to do now after Graysith's warning concerning our search for the Eye?"

With nothing futher than that, Shayla leaned back, folding her arms and waiting to see just how Phalomir might reply.

[ 09-29-2003 06:40 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-29-2003 08:52 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir helped Panthar to a seat and turned to Shayla.

“Our search for the Eye is but a small part of our journey,” he said. “It is perhaps more important to all of us if we seek the being Thoran and his master.”

He smiled.

“You must know of things I have recently discovered of myself, I will tell you as we travel. Our paths are the same, Shayla, for we seek to defend that which we love, whether or not those wishes are shared with others. A wise man once told me to not lose hope in what you believe is true, for as long as you believe it then there is hope. If you are true to this cause, you will find no stronger ally than myself.”

He stared sincerely into her eyes, then set his face in a warm smile.

“Our first step in this journey is to speak to the Armorers in the grand Temple of the Weapons clan! Set a course for Korris'ian, if you please!”

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-29-2003 09:16 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Nothing Phalomir said really truly registered...

...not until he gave the name of his next planned destination.

Korris'ian...

At that word, waves of memories splayed across her mind's eye causing a surge of emotion.

"I...I can't go back there," Shayla said softly, her voice trailing for a few long moments. Then, with effort, she refocused her gaze upon Phalomir. "I don't know if I could bear being in that place again," she then reiterated, "And aside from that...

...I don't know its coordinates..."

[ 09-29-2003 09:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 208.63.192.28
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-29-2003 09:27 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“I would not ask you to do anything you could not bear. If you can, drop me off and pick me up when I call. If you would care to share your experience, I would like to listen.”

Phalomir sat in a chair and looked back to Shayla.

“It may have much import to what needs to be done, or what may have been done already... or what may have been done at a time before yet still to come...”

He raised his eyebrows slightly.

“Oh, and as for the coordinates, the ship knows. There should be a diamond-shaped pad somewhere among the controls. Touch the one with the crest of the Armorers and a course will be plotted... I think. I at least learned that much in primary teachings.”

He smiled again, then cocked his head.

“By the way, how did I get those what?”

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-29-2003 09:38 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla turned to the navboard first before replying to anything Phalomir asked and looked for the diamond pad he told her about. Sure enough it was there; not really knowing the crest of the Armorers, however, Shayla had to use the process of elimination to identify it. Without so much as a word yet with a slight bit of hestiation, she reached out and punched the pad. The little transport took wings of its own and blasted from its resting place towards a destination programmed deep within its wires and circuits.

Only then did Shayla turn back to Phalomir to answer any of the questions he had directed her way. As she did so, her eyes grew a bit vague. "I'll manage allright on Koris'ian," she started, "But as for my experience there...

...someone I knew, who had strong involvement with the Sith...

...he died there. His wife was Graysith's blood sister," she explained, trailing then for but a moment then suddenly changing the subject to answer his first question.

"And as to what I was referring to when I asked you how you got those," she continued, "You have blackened tatooes of both the Warrior and Sorceror clans, one on each cheek. How in the name of all the fates did those suddenly appear upon your face...?"

[ 09-29-2003 09:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 208.63.192.28
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-30-2003 08:32 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir touched his hands to his cheeks. Nothing felt different physically, though he did sense a strange power within him now that he stopped to notice. Indeed, from where had these come? And why the Warrior clan? Phalomir shook his head, this was yet another mystery in a life full of mysteries.

Blood sister? Is that what Shayla had said? Graysith had a blood sister? But when had this been? WHO had this been? Perhaps…

He looked to Shayla, who suddenly seemed sad beyond all sadness to him. He wondered at the possible answers to this…

“Shayla….”

She turned slowly to face him, her expression empty. Thoughts tried to form in Phalomir’s head, but he could not put the right words together. Finally he settled...

“We should communicate with the Empire and ask to leave the system.”

[ 09-30-2003 08:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

The Empire

Member # 386

posted 09-30-2003 08:43 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The young ensign sitting at tactical whirled in his seat.

"Sir!" he cried out, still managing to keep his eyes pinned to the board in front of him even though the rest of his body cried out to his superior officer.

"That strange ship is leaving this planet; shall I pull out the tractor beam?"

The Officer on Deck approached and leaned over the ensign's shoulder, gazing at what the monitors were displaying for all to see. Out of the corner of his eye he caught the finger of the ensign, hovering anxiously over the switch to cut power to the tractor beam in the direct path of that ship.

"Negative, ensign; hold fast," the Officer on Deck ordered, his eyes pinned to the display. "We have our orders...."

"Aye, Sir," came the reply as the ensign whirled to face his station, watching and waiting over his assigned corner of the universe.

--------------------

Coming soon, to a blockade near you....

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-30-2003 09:18 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla nodded in mute reply to Phalomir's words, at length turning back to the transport's navboard and opening a general communications frequency. "Imperial blockade, this is Shayla Stargazer Petrolu-Kartan requesting clearance from the Khar Delban system."

Leaving her request as simple as that, Shayla waited silently for the Empire's reply...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05