my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Beyond the Looking Glass (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Beyond the Looking Glass
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 09-15-2003 10:33 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir slowly turned to look at Shayla. It suddenly came to him that Shayla’s hurt and anger towards the dark lady was spilling out in a torrent of mistimed confessions. Phalomir could ill afford more of these outbursts, so while Sorben’s attention was focused on Shayla, Phalomir closed his eyes momentarily and called forth his own inner powers. Not relying on the power of the Eye, but channeling his thoughts into his own magical strengths, he reached outward to Shayla, extending outward further to touch Erik. He sent tendrils of magick into them, calming, relaxing, quieting. When Shayla had at last calmed and spoken her last, he silenced her, sending both her and Erik into a waking dream, lost in each other’s eyes.

“Sorben,” said Phalomir, drawing the attention of the man away from Shayla. “You asked what I would need from you. At this time, I need free passage between the Sith planets. I may be making several trips back and forth between two, possibly three, of the planets. I will need my ship back as well, its speed will suffice for the time being. And I would make a request that the Sith be given a great of amount of respect when we speak to the Empire of ‘falling in line’, the galaxy has changed much since our days of glory. Grant me these small favors now, and I shall deliver much to you in the future in hopes of sealing a long lasting friendship.”

Panthar raised an eyebrow. Phalomir turned his head slightly to him.

“And as my squire can attest, being from the Order of R’lous, I do not lie.”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 09-15-2003 10:45 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I closed my eyes briefly in reply to Phalomir's words, rising to my feet as I opened them.

"I wouldn't treat your people in any other manner, Phalomir," I said, and with complete sincerity. "Believe me when I say the Empire is not hell-bent on pillage and rape; we are, in our own way, looking forward only to what one might call the Bigger Picture.

"But--"

Now I let a hint of steel come into the tone of my voice, into my eyes.

"Neither will we roll over and play dead should there be any retaliation against us, whether it is due to misperception of our actions or not. We do wield great strength, we do possess vast resources, and we are not afraid to use them."

I paused for breath, now casting a final gaze at those seated with us. In the shadows, the Reborn made inconsequential little noises as they too settled down from the momentary red alert the young woman's words had placed them in.

Abruptly, I reached out a hand to Phalomir, mimicking my earlier gesture.

"I said allies, Phalomir. I meant that in every sense of the word."

For there was something Galen had once told me which made me realize that one day we were going to need all the allies we could get....

[ 09-15-2003 10:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-15-2003 11:03 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stood and reached his hand towards Sorben.

“I believe we are well on our way. I cannot speak for the entire Sith race… yet…” Phalomir allowed a small smile to cross his face. “But I assure you, the next time we speak my words will carry even more weight.”

A few more pleasantries were passed, and Phalomir released his hold on Shayla and Erik. The effects lingered to keep them calmed long enough to allow the entire group to exit gracefully.

In the hallway, Panthar whispered to Phalomir.

“You never told me that you couldn’t lie, when did this happen?” he asked quietly.

“It did not,” answered Phalomir, just as quietly.

Panthar flashed a look at Phalomir. “Then what was with that Order of Release stuff then?”

Phalomir smiled and looked straight ahead. “I lied.”

The group reached the room they previously occupied just as the effects of the magick completely wore off of Shayla and Erik, Before either could respond, Phalomir turned to face them.

“Shall we be off then?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
The Empire

Member # 386

posted 09-15-2003 11:18 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Captain Landarian came up to where the Lieutenant General stood in silent contemplation of the aft viewscreen, his hands clasped quietly behind his back as the thoroughly investigated little Sith ship departed from the Imperial SSD in a tiny burst of flame, carrying its fragile occupants away.

"General, about all that you said during dinner!" His gray eyes widened in something approaching shock as an instant replay shot mercilessly through his mind.

"The very idea--!"

The Lieutenant General turned slightly toward him, one lip quirking upward as in a rare show of levity he placed one arm about the Captain's shoulders.

"If there is one thing I learned during all my days as a bounty hunter, my dear captain, it is this:

"Keep your friends close... and your enemies, your friends...."

The pair then turned and watched the distant little speck fade away into the vast wonder of space.

[ 09-15-2003 11:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Empire ]

--------------------

Coming soon, to a blockade near you....

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-16-2003 12:16 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stood silently staring at the viewscreen for a few moments after the strange little ship had disappeared, contemplating further. A frown flickered across my features; with a little sniff acting as forewarning, I let my arm drop and turned toward Landarian. The captain immediately stepped back and away a bit, giving me room to do so.

"Tighten up on that tractor beam interlacing around both worlds in this system," I commanded, back into my former role once again. "I don't care if it's a speck of micrometeroite dust; nothing is to get down to the surface of either of these two planets without first identifying themselves to us."

As well as trying to explain what in Hell's Seven Circles they would be doing here at all. The civilizations upon these worlds had only just popped back into existence, after all. Who would have good enough reason to be snooping around here unless they were somehow already mixed up into this mess?

And The Empire, after all, was still in the process of sorting out the wheat from the chaff.

The Captain nodded his head, and turned about to give the command when I stopped him. He paused, cocking his head over his shoulder toward me, and then turned to fully face me.

"I trust we have established some sort of communications link with that Sith ship?" I asked, already knowing the answer before his affirmative reply confirmed it.

"Good."

I paused once more, letting recent events roll through my head, thinking what and where the Empire should go with all of this. The parameters suddenly seemed to be expanding to the horizon of the universe itself....

"Then when they should either leave or approach these worlds, our friends will have means to contact us regarding the removal of a particular tractor beam," I went on, knowing Landarian already knew this, just to cement in my mind the fact that nothing made of metal could slip through those beams without being snagged like a fly in the web of a spider.

I nodded, then leaned in close to the Captain of the immense SSD.

"When they request permission, relay it to my personal comm. I have a certain request I wish to make of them; see that this happens, Captain."

Captain Landarian nodded his head smartly, then saluted. I returned the proprietary gesture, then departed for my quarters in order to get a little shut-eye before things started really hopping around these formerly unknown little worlds.

[ 09-16-2003 01:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-16-2003 04:53 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aboard the Sith shuttle, Phalomir sat in his seat and stared out the view screen. Shayla and Erik were both still very calm, enough so to worry Phalomir.

“Shayla,” he said quietly. “Perhaps you should communicate to the ship and ask for the blockade to be opened for our passage when we reach K’eel Doba. I am certain the Dark Lady is expecting us shortly.”

This seemed to spark some life into Shayla. She spun around to face Phalomir.

[ 09-17-2003 08:23 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.6
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-16-2003 07:36 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The last bit of whatever Phalomir--

--for who else could it have been--?

--had done to her wore of Shayla the instant she heard his casual instructions. She whirled, fire ablaze in her eyes.

"What did you do to me back there?!" she growled, her eyes only breaking from Phalomir to regard her still overly-calm husband. "And just why did you feel it was necessary to do the same to my husband!?"

At this she fell silent for an indeterminable length of time, the anger in her eyes only dissipating slightly as she then finished with: "And just how do you know the Dark Lady is expecting us at all?"

[ 09-16-2003 07:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.251.170
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-17-2003 06:18 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir sighed as he looked at Shayla. He closed his eyes for a moment, reaching out with his abilities to sense any listening devices the empire may have stowed aboard. Surprisingly, he felt nothing that was not Sith in origin, save the items the travelers carried upon them.

“Shayla,” he said, “what I did was remove us from that situation without digging ourselves in too much deeper than we already were. I am an inherent user of Sith magick, the bloodline of the Sorcerers runs through me. I see little point in arguing now, for I would use my abilities again if necessary. Erik should no longer be under my influence, perhaps he was in dire need of rest?”

Visions of Jharmeen flashed suddenly in his mind, and he felt a strange urgency. He saw her violet eyes beckoning, her slender body standing defiantly yet invitingly before him, her arms raising to him, her—

He shook the thoughts from his mind.

“Let us assess our situation. The empire knows of the All Force, and knows that somehow the knowledge of it can be given to a human. The empire harbors dark jedi, the race which conquered the Sith, albeit through deception as much as force. The Sith appear out of nowhere to occupy once empty worlds, and pose a possible threat to the empire.”

He leaned forward in his seat. He could almost feel the gentle touch of Jharmeen’s hand on his shoulder as she stood behind him and bent to whisper to him—

He blinked and refocused upon Shayla, who had now been joined by Panthar in listening.

“Sorben wants the All Force, that should be obvious to all of us. What is also obvious is that he cannot be allowed to possess it. What he does not know is the ability of the Eye to keep the All Force in check, an ability which I must confess I now possess apart from the Eye. However, the Eye has been stolen, and it is only a matter of time before Thoran tries to depart Khar Delba, and falls into the hands of the empire. If Sorben learns of the Eye, then matters are greatly complicated.”

Phalomir leaned back again. Jharmeen’s voice drifted quietly to his ear, the beginnings of a whisper. He cleared his throat.

“What I intend to do is speak to the Dark Lady of these matters. If I survive this meeting, then perhaps the Sith can be saved.”

He regarded Shayla for a moment longer.

“Because of the strange manner in which I came to her, and circumstances surrounding our meetings, I believe the Dark Lady harbors many ill feelings towards me. I feel much more in control of my powers and mind, so perhaps composure and tranquility will prevail in our meeting. You were correct in saying we must warn her, but there is much more to consider now.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 67.1.104.120
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-17-2003 08:50 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a moment Shayla turned back to the peculiar Sith-navboard, reaching for a switch that operated something much like a comm unit.

"This is Shayla Petrolu-Kartan and companions requesting clearance through the K'eel Doban blockade," she said simply. Then, leaving the channel open, she turned once more to Phalomir, folding her arms against her chest.

"Sorben would require the assistance of a Sith Sorceror...

...possibly one Sith Sorceror in particular...

...in order to give anyone ability to use the All Force. All other methods for gaining use of this either require inheriting it from birth...

...or learning to use it over time from a skilled All user. And you know as well as I do that those things take a great length of time."

For a long moment then she trailed, her eyes growing vague. Then her thoughts spun to something entirely different. "How might Roan...

...or anyone else for that matter...

...utilize the Eye if you are the only one who can, whether you have it with you or not?"

Quieting at that Shayla's greeny-blue eyes locked on Phalomir in curiosity even as the little Sith transport continued on its way towards K'eel Doba...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.251.170
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-17-2003 09:27 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir smiled slightly at Shayla’s comments.

“One thing you should learn,” he said, “is that in negotiations with someone I do not trust – such as the empire – I do not always say exactly what I mean. I do not know if I am the only one who can use the Eye. I do know that the power of the Eye resides within me, but it may still reside in the Eye itself, and Thoran may find a way to tap into it. After all, he had 4500 years to become acquainted with it.”

His expression grew gloomy.

“As for Roan, I am not convinced it is he who has possessed the Eye and led Thoran down dark paths. I was visited by my father’s spirit again recently, he told me something of Thoran’s plan. After speaking with the Dark Lady I must visit the planet of the Armorers.”

He brightened slightly.

“But soon we will know who plays what part in this mystery. And we shall know who we may trust, and who we should disdain.”

Phalomir started as Sorben’s voice came booming over the comm.

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 67.1.96.172
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-17-2003 09:51 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I couldn’t help but smile a bit to myself as the polite request was relayed from the bridge. By now I was certain that they had run a complete sensor sweep of their ship and persons, and had come up empty as far as any commonplace listening or tracking devices might be concerned.

Good, I thought to myself as I reached to open my end of the link. Now is the time to build up a feeling that the Empire can be trusted, that I can be taken at my word, although never once had I made any promises to them about emplacing spy equipment aboard that odd little ship….

“Lieutenant General Tarnus here,” I said crisply, pausing a moment before continuing. “I have a request of Phalomir; it is… personal.

I backed off quickly then, and sent the highly encrypted signal squirting across the ether. A few moments ensued, and finally the Sith’s deep voice came crackling into my ready room in inquiry, equally as polite.

I pursed my lips as I made a final consideration… and then went ahead.

“Phalomir, I will be blunt. I have a daughter who has been taken from me; from what knowledge I have… obtained, I have reason to believe that her disappearance may have some connection with your worlds.

“In demonstration of your faith in the Empire, a pledge, if you will, of furthering the establishment of friendly relations between us, I ask of you that you find my daughter. She is only a baby—“

I broke off suddenly with that, momentarily unable to continue. When I had regained my composure I continued.

“She has flaming red hair, and blue eyes. I believe she had been taken by one who commands that power of which we have spoken.”

Once again I stopped, working my jaw a bit as I thought of what else to say. Came to the sudden realization that there wasn’t anything further to add.

“This is Tarnus, out.”

I flipped the switch to send the communication, and followed that by squirting the release codes to the flagship haunting K’eel Doba. I then sat back, knowing that the Sith ship would find passage down onto the planet I had last seen full of snarling demons, from which I had fled with my daughter and the mother of my child.

[ 09-17-2003 10:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 67.1.96.172
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-18-2003 12:00 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A few moments more passed in which nothing was heard but the low crackle of the banking fire, accentuated by the rhythmic breathing of the pair as they lay there in the dimming light. At length Graysith rolled onto her side, reaching out once again to trace a light line down Romanus's chest. His eyes were deep and black before her, sparked only by the reflection of the flames which yet danced before them.

"You haven't told me yet why it is that you came here to K'eel Doba, Romanus," Graysith whispered at length and then fell silent, still playing about with her idle tracings upon him. She dropped her gaze to the Claw-tipped finger with which she was doing so, studied it as though she had never before seen it, warmed by the rich reflection of many things which was sheened there upon its metallic surface.

"I--" she started to continue, then stopped.

Something struck her, something strange, more than a vagary, less than a premonition.

An image of brilliant emerald eyes coming close; warmth radiating from the close proximity of red-hued flesh; the sense of curling horns bearing down upon her....

Recinis?

She frowned, shook her head, clearing her mind of the disturbing mental scene. Then forcing a somewhat shaken smile upon her face, she focused fully upon Romanus once again, waiting.

It took her a few moments more to realize that she had reflexively sunk the tip of the Claw a full half-centimeter into the expanse of his chest....

[ 09-18-2003 12:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-19-2003 12:10 AM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I had just finished my nightly non-weaponed defense exercises and had stretched out on my bunk when my sigh of satisfaction was snapped by a soft knock at my door. I frowned, closing my eyes, and allowed myself the luxury of contemplating my inner lids for a few seconds before sitting up abruptly.

"Enter," I said, knowing there would be only one person bold enough to come to my personal quarters. Thus I did not bother to reach for a lick of my armor; I merely sat where I was and watched the door open to reveal Captain Lanndarian. He came in and stopped mere feet from where I still sat, the salute he executed looking somewhat ludicrous for the fact that he too had apparently been getting ready for some shuteye; salutes are meant to go with uniforms, not mufti. My lip quirked just the slightest as I returned the gesture; what a pair we probably made to whatever little mousie might be watching.

Then all thought of humor dissipated as he came right to his point.

"Sir," he began. "We have received an incoming transmission from Ord Mantell; clearly it is meant for you. I have it here."

He held out a chip and stood in silence.

I sighed again, and took the chip. For a moment we were connected by twin holds on that chip; our eyes met above it. Something screamed forth from his eyes; clearly he had already heard this message.

"Thank you, Captain," I said, then rose from my bunk and went to a private comm board. I inserted the chip and just stood there while it played; then I played it once again.

"This is Eagle Enterprises employee Jasyn Lancaster, requesting special clearance from the blockade which the Empire has established near the planet K'eel Doba. My team has already been stopped by this said blockade after searching on K'eel Doba for a friend of ours who has gone missing after being there. At the time we reached the conclusion she was not there any longer; however, after evaluating further evidence we believe it is still entirely possible that she is on that planet. Thus I am requesting permission to be allowed through the blockade, and would be willing to discuss payment for that privelege upon your reply. You may direct your reply to my personal comm frequency, and I will be willing to then discuss this matter with you further if necessary...."

I jerked my gaze back to Landarian, but didn't yet speak. My mind was too full for the words to find their way to my mouth.

So that's where the minx disappeared to....

For who else would this particular "she" possibly be but my dear ex-wife? Who else would have connections with both Eagle Enterprises and a Sith world thought by the population in general to be not only void of life, but flat-out rumor to boot?

I smiled slowly.

"See that they are given escort into K'eel Doban space," I ordered succinctly. "See to it as well that their ship does not disappear from us during their visit on this world. I want tabs on it at all times... especially when they depart the planet."

Landarian gave a crisp nod, another salute, whirled and left to carry out my orders. When I was certain he was gone, I opened an extremely private and highly encrypted channel to the hunter I had sent out to look for my daughter. I knew from the general flight plans he had left us that he was starting with these worlds; maybe he could kill two womprats with one stone while he was here.

"Romanus," I said. "Lt. General Tarnus here. There has been an... addendum to the Empire's-- that is, to my personal request of you. I have sent you out looking for my daughter, and have aimed you in this direction to begin. Not only do I strongly feel that she is somewhere in this system, but new information brought to me leads me to believe her mother is here as well.

"I would like you to find her, Romanus; I am sending you an image of her--" My fingers scrambled about, inserting a digitized image of myself with Galen on the day of our brief marriage. "--that you know what she looks like.

"The promisary fee will be doubled for her apprehension; there are others who will be arriving on K'eel Doba searching for her as well, so stay sharp. Should these others cross your path or in any manner try to prevent you from carrying out this small request, well...."

I let my words trail off into ominous silence then, the meaning clear as crystal. Then after sending a quick explanation of who would be the most likely to be accompanying Mr. Lancaster on his quest, I sent off the signal and closed up shop.

Then I went back to my bunk and lay down. Soon I found myself spiralling down into a dreamless slumber....

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-20-2003 11:34 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir gazed out the viewscreen onto the planet of K’eel Doba. A single tractor beam, as promised, was shut down long enough for the Sith ship to pass through the blockade. Now the group was nearing the planet, ready to descend.

“This is not a clandestine mission,” said Phalomir. “Perhaps we should relay a message to the surface to announce our arrival.”

Shayla turned and gave Phalomir a look as if to say “You do it”, and without removing her gaze she flipped the com button.

Phalomir cleared his throat and spoke.

“This is shuttle – Truth Seeker – requesting permission to land at Ch'arlingua. We have important information which must be conveyed to the Dark Lady herself.”

Phalomir looked to Shayla and nodded. She rolled her eyes and took her hand off of the com.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-20-2003 12:26 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
More time passed, time in which gradually increasing light chased the shadows from her rooms. At length, not quite in the mood to openly greet the new day, Graysith rose and approached the heavy curtains on either side of the opening onto her balcony. She paused there a moment, silhouetted against the strengthening day, her arms out to either side of her as she grasped the rich material.

With a short, decisive movement she yanked those draperies closed, shrouding the room once more in darkness. Then she turned back to where Romanus yet lay in silence, looking up at her. She smiled, flicking a finger minutely to snatch molecules from the air and the wood of the mantle, to reassemble into yet more wood for their fire. That quiet smile still planted on her face, she approached Romanus, who was now laying on a dense rug made of some thick animal fur, a rug she had likewise created for their comfort.

She came to a stop, directing that smile down to him, and was in the act of sinking to her knees when there came a genteel knock on her door. Her smile evaporated as quickly as the gaze she shot to that door; a moment later, and the knock came again.

She flicked her gaze back to Romanus, who was rising and regaining his accoutrements. When he was fully composed, she nodded first to him, and then to the door.

It oiled smoothly open to reveal Salandaar framed therein.

He flicked his aquamarine eyes to Romanus and then settled a steady look upon the Chosen Daughter. Bowing, he then spoke.

"Milady, there are those approaching who claim to have information which they can impart only to your ears. Shall we allow them permission to land in Ch'arlingua?

"The ship they travel in is Sith, but of older origins."

He remained half-bent, his fisted hand laid across the opposing shoulder, and waited.

A frown curled across Graysith's features. She knew immediately the probability of just who it was making such a polite and unforeseen request.

It could only be one of two possibilities... for who would have had access to a ship of the Sith? And even so, if it was an older model....

For a moment her mind drifted back to that strange premonition she had felt so recently. She cut a hard look to Romanus, who nodded his head to her, crossed the room, and took up the Blade in his hand once again. The shining metal made a promising hiss as he slid it into a sheath he had managed somehow to obtain for it; when he straightened again, she nodded in turn, and then turned to Salandaar.

"Allow them to land," she said succinctly. "See they are met with an honor guard of our best warriors.

"And see to it that they find their way into the Receiving Room, Salandaar. Hopefully without any weapons they will have brought with them, for in coming to parley is it not good diplomacy to turn such over into our hands? As a gesture of goodwill, of course."

She nodded to the tall and loyal warrior, and watched as he whirled to carry out her order. Then she moved to the adjoining bath, to cleanse and garb herself in a manner befitting her station as Dark Lady of the Warrior Clan of the Sith.

[ 09-20-2003 12:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-20-2003 01:18 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir smiled at Shayla when the reply came over the com.

“See?” he said. “A little politeness can go a long way. We shall be met with honor.”

Shayla sniffed as Phalmir turned to regard Panthar.

“Remember, you are Thoran. You are my squire, and have been since we were children. You have attended to my needs and must continue to do so. Worry not, we shall reveal the truth when the time is right.”

-------------------------------

Phalomir walked out of the hatchway and met the captain of the Honor Guard. Anticipating, he held his hands over his head and turned, allowing himself to be searched for weapons. The guards obliged and found nothing, for there was nothing to be found.

Phalomir waited while each member of the group was in turn greeted and searched. He stood proudly, watching the smartly dressed Honor Guard members conduct their business. He locked eyes with one particularly large warrior, equaling his own size and stature. Phalomir nodded, the other Sith only raised an eyebrow very slightly.

The captain approached Phalomir and stood before him, a gruff expression covering his face. Phalomir bowed his head slightly and raised his eyes to the warrior, who looked familiar. Phalomir suddenly recognized the warrior as the guard who seemed to personally attend to the Dark Lady the last time the group was here.

They were led from the space port to the Temple. No words were exchanged, the silence went unbroken.

Phalomir concentrated on the sights surrounding them as they walked, taking in the splendor and beauty of the Sith city. Occasionally he would catch a glimpse of the Dark Lady’s face in the crowds of people, only to blink and see that it was not her at all.

The group eventually arrived at the Temple and were led into the receiving hall. The few Sith they met in the halls stood the side and watched in curiosity. Phalomir smiled as they entered the great hall and looked around for the Dark Lady. Her absence brought an unexpected feeling of disappointment and anxiety, which he quickly beat back.

The guard retreated to the back of the room, while the captain approached Phalomir.

“Be seated,” he said. “The Dark Lady will see to you shortly.”

[ 09-20-2003 01:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-20-2003 01:49 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She made a final, unnecessary adjustment to the blindingly white gown she had placed upon her person, then turned to regard herself in the waterfall of quicksilver she had created just for the occasion. The gown fit her snugly, flaring out to assymetrical tendrils in which the actual material became softer, and more ethereal. Scattered amidst the blood-red Sith runes which were embroidered about the gown were icy lavender crystals, crystals which became more condensed in number the closer they were placed to the bottom tendrils; they sparkled in brilliance at the slightest light as she moved, giving the impression that she was treading within a cloud of liquid ice.

Her red thrimm took its customary place about her slim waist, the Tooth of S'slan hanging from it in silent meaning. A lacy white veil of sorts covered her tresses, adorned with crystals of iced blue and lavender and fiery red and the most brilliant of diamond-white; intricately knotted pieces hung artistically about her face and down her back, dripping with refracted light.

She smiled, glorying for a moment in a woman's vanity... then pushed that aside altogether.

That she looked regal was enough; that the ensemble enhanced her skin tone and her eyes and her hair was mere icing on the cake.

She exited her rooms, and quickly made her way to the Receiving Room; whether or not Romanus trailed in her wake or walked beside her or even attended her at all was something other which she put aside as well. Pushed into that portion of her which was Jharmeen, there to wait until needed again.

The doors to the Receiving Hall flew open as she approached and glided smoothly within. She brushed past the Sith-flanked foursome without even looking, although she knew well enough who was there.

Coming to the dias, she mounted the stairs, and soon gained the Seat of the Dark Lady atop it. There she turned smoothly about... but remained standing, looking down upon them in silence, watching them each in turn as they rose quickly to their feet.

Erik: bristling with anger and distrust; Shayla, her eyes full of pain and defiance and hope; a smaller Sith, whose very being was blasting forth emotions ranging from trepidation to outright fear...

And the taller, the emerald-eyed one, the one who must be Phalomir....

She pinned her gaze into his eyes, ignoring her suddenly pounding blood. She sat down upon the throne, regarded him closely.

The atmosphere was positively electric.

"You have returned, contrary to my wishes," she said at length.

"Why?"

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-20-2003 02:13 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Her words echoed through Phalomir’s mind. Although icy and cold, they brought warmth to his heart. He had not realized how he had longed to hear her voice, to see her standing in the flesh before him. He searched for the words to answer her. What could possibly convey what he felt? I had to return, my heart and soul cried for it. Perhaps I searched the rest of the galaxy and found none to compare to you, my lady. Or perhaps –

He stopped his thoughts, abruptly crushing the strange ideas forming in his mind. What trickery was this? He felt nothing for the lady except trepidation, mistrust, and passion? Love? – No!

He stared directly into her violet eyes.

“My lady, I realize our previous meetings have been on less than jovial terms. I sincerely hope to make amends for that in the future. We have discovered information which I feel is of vital import to the Sith and we have come to discuss serious matters with you, my lady.”

Her gaze remained unaltered.

“And—“ he started.

And what? And I have come to take you away with me? I have come to be your slave? I have come to vow to – ARGH! Well, you started to say something, finish it!

“I have come to negotiate for my rightful position as Dark Lord…”

The Dark Lady’s eyes widened slightly in anticipation.

“…of the Warriors,” Phalomir finished.

[ 09-20-2003 02:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-20-2003 03:06 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's blood froze.

It was all she could do to remain seated, to keep a calm demeanor. Every atom within her was screeching LIAR as loudly and heatedly as possible; her mind whirled with images of Roan and Recinis and....

She froze further.

One Son to lead them....

Her roiling state was displayed only in the manner in which she gripped the carved arms of the Seat, the Claw-bearing finger beginning now to tap upon a customary spot. Indeed, a small hole awaited its tip there, as if one other had once sat in this very throne, tapping away in apparent contemplation while such conflict screamed within her as well....

She squeezed the arms further. Her brows lowered as did her gaze, flicking now to Phalomir's wrists.

One bare of ornamentation or decoration; one bearing an intricately designed tattoo, laid there in anticipatory black, having yet to gleam the brilliant gold of appropriation. Of true entitlement achieved.

But it was there. And for which Clan--?

She straightened, tilting her head a bit to one side as her eyes lifted once more into his.

"This is impossible, my dear... guest," she said smoothly.

"For the Dark Lord Roan is dead, and he had no living relative other than his--" She paused again, her eyes darkening as fond memories rose up within her. "--dearly departed wife.

"He left no heirs other than a daughter, and only those bound by blood or marriage may make Claim to Entitlement."

She sat back upon the throne, smiling like the rancor who has gotten the ronto.

[ 09-20-2003 03:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-20-2003 04:10 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir’s gaze steadied on the Dark Lady. His demeanor remained calm and unthreatening.

“Thank you, my lady, I understand the requirements of entitlement. However, I believe circumstances call for at least a dialogue on this subject, and I would welcome your opinion at a time when other matters are not so urgent.”

Phalomir paused, keeping a level gaze with the violet eyes of the Dark Lady. Eyes which echo the light of a thousand suns, not one so bright as to outshine her beauty. She stands at the center of the galaxy, her brilliance feeding life to the spiraling myriad –

Phalomir again cut off his thoughts, not understanding from where they emanated. This time, however, something lingered. He tried to follow it before it faded, reaching inward for a split second and grasping something familiar… a thread… leading to a doorway in his mind, a doorway which once was barred with a multitude of locks and braces, but now stood ajar with soft light filtering around the edges.

He brought himself back to the moment and his eyes grew slightly wider. He quickly composed himself.

“But there are definitely more pressing matters at the moment – matters which concern the safety of the entire Sith race– and of its Dark Lady.”

He bowed his head slightly on the last few words.

[ 09-20-2003 08:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-20-2003 08:47 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith remained silent at that, working her jaw. Her eyes flicked again across the other three members of the little party standing there before her, each one of them looking uncomfortable in his or her own manner.

She slid her gaze smoothly back to Phalomir.

"So you proclaim yet again, dear guest," she said silkily, then let her lids drop for a moment. When she opened her eyes again they were very large in her face, very dark.

"You may now proceed to disclose this information which will or will not prove to be such a great threat; whether to me or to the Sith yet remains to be seen.

"If, that is--" She settled a bit on the Seat, picking an imaginary bit of lint from her skirt. The crystals in her headdress made low musical chimes as she made these small movements in front of them.

"That is, if they prove to have any meaning at all," she finished, letting her eyes affix themselves into Phalomir's brilliant pair, and remain there.

[ 09-20-2003 08:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-20-2003 09:23 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir nodded to the Dark Lady. He took a breath and looked around at the other people in the great hall. The honor guard stood their places far from the scene, but close enough to be within striking distance in a few short seconds. A tall bald human male stood near the door, no leaned against the door, with a look of curious amusement cast at Phalomir. He must have been someone the lady trusted to hear this information, but there something about him that Phalomir did not himself trust. His eyes seemed somehow vacant, a look which Phalomir saw many times in the mirror when he shared a body with Panthar and Thoran.

He let his eyes refocus on the Dark Lady.

“I have experienced much since our last encounter. An encounter which I regret was not as productive nor – fulfilling – as it should have been. As you can see, I have regained my body. However, the Eye of R’lous remains within the body of Panthar Dantares. What is more, I believe Panthar to be controlled by another entity – one older and with more plans for conquest than either you or I, my lady.”

Phalomir smiled slightly at that.

“Please understand, I love the Sith. I am Sith. My brethren must have seen much in you to bestow you with such an honor, and despite my – apprehension – towards non-Sith races, I am not one to challenge that honor. To our race, you are Sith.”

His expression grew darker.

“However, you are one of the few who possess the knowledge of a power more incredible than any other. This power was thought to be the salvation of the Sith, but it has great potential to be our downfall. I believe it was the primary factor in the original fall of the race, which was prevented from occurring. But I believe it will prove to be cause for concern yet again.”

Phalomir drew a deep breath.

“In that vein, we were questioned by the Empire on our way here. In that time, we met a highly ranking individual who seemed to have knowledge of the Sith, and of you and your sibling – Sorben Tarnus was his name. Does this name bear meaning to you, my lady?”

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-20-2003 09:36 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith didn't so much as blink.

"I know Tarnus," she stated briefly, then paused. Memories of years of on and off again entanglements with that bounty hunter flashed across her mind, ending with their most recent encounter when all were present in uneasy truce beneath this very roof now soaring above their heads.

Slowly she brought the Claw up, and began toying with it in what appeared to be an absentminded manner. In reality it was anything but; her mind raced with the implications Phalomir's words carried.

And a particular few she found to be most...

Interesting.

She took a slight, ladylike breath and lowered the Claw.

"You seem to know much of the power I possess... considering it never was fully manifested in the understanding of the Sith until 500 years after your time."

Now she blinked, long and dangerously.

"Tell me how you have come to know of this, and how it led to the fall of the Sith. I find this latter statement something of a contradiction to what history has taught me to have happened."

She paused again, albeit now with a bit of discomfort rising hot in her blood. For as Jharmeen Jhin'Darr she had no inkling that the Sith were anything but an ancient race her father so passionately studied...

...until she was taught of them by her Sire Aelvedaar, the Dark Lord of the Sorcerers.

[ 09-20-2003 09:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-20-2003 10:06 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir drew in another deep breath, while next to him Panthar shifted uncomfortably in his chair.

“Events are chronicled by the victors of any given conflict, my lady. I will tell you the history I was taught, and you may judge for yourself. In the days before my father’s murder – or should I say, assassination – his lifelong work had been the discovery and harnessing of the power known as the All Force. He was approached by certain high ranking members of the Sith to divulge the secrets of his work, apparently to be used as a bargaining chip in relations with a race of dark warriors. He refused, and hid himself away. During this time he attempted to erase his work and built a device to ensure there be way to control the All Force should someone discover this knowledge.”

Phalomir paused, then began again.

“He was killed by assassins sent from the Warrior Clan. This was done 500 years before the time of the their birth,” he said, indicating the guards behind him. “I harbor no ill will to those present.”

“However, it appears someone did discover the knowledge of the All Force. It is unclear to me exactly who it was, but I fear it has something to do with the entity currently in possession of the Eye.”

“My lady, think of it. An unknown entity which has knowledge, if not mastery, of the All Force is free upon Sith worlds. Not only that, it has possession of the Eye, which is able to counter the All Force. The Empire knows of the All Force as well, and I have learned that Sorben knows the All Force can be given – or taught – to a human. He obviously wishes to possess the All Force for the Empire, and if he knew of the Eye’s abilities then that too would become a target for the Empire in their plans to conquer the newly resettled Sith. And should he discover this other entity and perhaps in it find an ally…”

Phalomir let his sentence trail. He watch the Dark Lady closely, marveling at each breath she drew. Such beauty, such grace, such—

Such a wonder at was causing these thoughts!

[ 09-20-2003 10:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 09-20-2003 10:10 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar leaned to Phalomir.

“Is this entity Thoran?” he asked, too loudly. “Or do you mean he is being controlled by it?”

Phalomir turned a belittling gaze to Panthar, who shuddered and quickly sat straight.

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05