my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Beyond the Looking Glass (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Beyond the Looking Glass
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-22-2003 11:21 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith gasped and flung herself from Phalomir's mind as that last image seared into her being.

He was speaking with Dark Lord Roan!

Her eyes flew open even as her hands not so much fell as pushed themselves away from his face in her haste to put new distance between herself and him. By great stint of effort she managed to then hold her ground several feet from him now, her eyes filling with their customary haughtiness, her hands now fisting at her side.

"Perhaps the All can save you... BUT I SHALL NOT ASSIST YOU!" she cried out, taking another involuntary step backward in spite of her resolution to stand firm before him.

Lord Roan....

She shivered, struggling with herself, wanting to raise the Claw and send Phalomir into the Elseness, but was suddenly too afraid to even think it....

[ 09-22-2003 11:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 09-22-2003 11:29 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“I remember,” Phalomir stumbled. “I met with him when I traveled back in time… he was the first I encountered. I told him of the war, the reasons for it, and he agreed to help…”

Phalomir’s eyes shot up to meet the lady’s.

“No, he deceived me!” he said hotly. “He sent me to others, too far back.”

His eyes grew pleading.

“Please, there is more. I know there is, but it is hidden from me. Help me, please, my lady.”

He kept his eyes trained on the Dark Lady even as his head began to shake.

“I am from the future, not the past… why then-- who could have-- then who is—“

He raised his eyebrows and opened his mouth slightly. A look of total confusion took hold of him.

[ 09-22-2003 11:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-22-2003 11:45 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She struggled, fighting, wanting to disbelieve him, wanting to believe.

Why, if he was in league with Roan, would he have killed him? Or rather, why would the Eye have done so? He claimed no control over it at the time, yet now he held it's awesome power at bay... which was truth, and which lies?

Her hands found themselves on opposing arms, moving up and down as though she were unconsciously trying to replace a modicum of lost warmth into her suddenly icy blood.

He was from the future...? Yet, this made sense. Had she not already guessed this, albeit on an unconscious level?

But why did she recognize her Sire as the larger of the Sith she had seen in their shared vision? How did he play into this?

Unless....

He was a Dark Lord of the Sorcerers, and skilled in All use. Which included the manipulation of not only matter and space, but time as well. And Phalomir was the son of a sorcerer.

Who to trust... and who not to? What vision to believe, when imagery ran like water within the caprices of time?

She paused, cut a glance around the room. Erik's eyes were positively on fire; the groggy Panthar was looking up at Shayla in confusion, who in turn was whirling, the offer of her assistance plain as day in every aspect of her bearing.

Graysith closed her eyes.

It was once all so simple....

She opened them, stared into verdant green. Used every lick of the talents Aelvedaar had so carefully honed within her...

...and then cast them abruptly to the wind. Instead, she now cocked her head, and viewed the towering Sith through nothing more than the eyes of a human woman, eyes which could read the subtleties of his posture, sense the almost invisible aura enveloping him like a shroud, eyes which brought information along with that obtained subliminally by her other senses into her brain, where they were assessed by nothing more than sheer intuition alone.

Bit by bit her grip upon her arms loosened, her pounding heart slowed.

"I-- I will trust you, Phalomir," she said quietly, and stood silent before him. Then she reached out once again to those points on his face, and proceeded to continue her investigation into the depths of his memories.

And again, from somewhere very far away, came the exceedingly mournful howl of the Beast.

[ 09-22-2003 11:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-23-2003 06:36 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It took all Shayla had within her to keep from diverting all of her attention to Phalomir and Graysith. She knew something was happening as her mind and heart remained so closely linked to the Force...

...but what...?

She drew strength from her husband then, who in turn seemed very much angry, and very much...

...afraid?

His very demeanor cried out that they shouldn't trust this, that they shouldn't be here. And in that moment his thoughts read clearly in her own mind.

This turning point has happened so many times...

...and has deteriorated so many times as well. How can you trust? How can I...?

Pursing her lips then, she simply replied with, The Force has lead us here; the Force...

...and my Heart.

With nothing more than that simple explanation, she turned her attentions completely back to Panthar, who was gazing at her groggily, his eyes yet heavy. "You have to stay with me," she then spoke to him firmly, her hand not straying from his forehead. "Talk about something...

...anything. You have got to stay awake..."

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.251.170
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 09-23-2003 09:05 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Awake? Yeah, sure…” Panthar said wearily. His eyes rolled up and down within their sockets as he tried to maintain some level of consciousness.

“Are you gonna eat that?” he asked slowly, his words drawn out. “Cuz if you wash juz gonna throw it away, I’ll eat it…”

Panthar looked up at Shayla.

“Hey, you ain’t so bad when you’re not all mad and shtuff… I like yer hair…”

He tried to smile but the pain in his head caused him to wince. He closed his eyes again for a moment then opened them, looking up again to Shayla.

“Hey, did you know my skin ish red?” he asked. He managed a grin, then winced and passed out.

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-23-2003 09:37 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharmeen once again found herself in the long, dark hallway of windows, a low, red light shining dimly from nowhere. The hallway grew darker as it progressed, obscuring its end from her vision. She heard the faint low growling come from that darkness.

But she also sensed something else. She glanced to her right and saw Phalomir standing next to her, dressed in the stately robes she saw in one of the earlier visions. He smiled and stepped closer.

“This time we go together,” he said, reaching out a hand and turning to face the darkness with her. In spite of her feelings, she smiled inwardly and took his hand.

“I remember, I was the Dark Lord of the Sorcerers. All of the Dark Lords in my line had a grasp of the All. However, my father believed the Sith were becoming too dependent upon its power and I was raised to trust in the traditional Sith magick. In fact, I led a resurgence in its use.”

A window flashed a scene as they passed of a younger Phalomir practicing levitation of huge objects.

“Even when I became Dark Lord, I refused to learn the All. Then the war came, although the details of that are still hidden from me. I do know that the other Dark Lords finally agreed with my concerns over the All, for I believe that its possession was over what the war was fought. I was chosen to travel back in time to the point where the All was first discovered… and prevent it. However, the Dark Lords who sent me had somehow missed their target. I ended up in a time ruled by Dark Lords who already knew the All.”

The next window they passed showed Phalomir sitting around a large table, seated across from Roan and another Sith whose face was blurred. Phalomir paused.

“I do not recall with who else I met that day, but I will never forget HIM. He vowed to assist me, and somehow he led me to trust him. He told me of the legend of the Eye of R’lous, a relic designed at the same time of the All’s discovery. It was made to help channel the power, but could also be used to dampen it. If I could travel time and find the maker of the Eye, I would then know how to prevent the All from being discovered.”

Phalomir shook his head. “It is all too confusing now, it was so clear then.”

They reached the edge of the darkness and the low growl stopped.

“I have found the Eye obviously, though I do not know how… or when, and somehow its power was bestowed upon me. Whatever beast the bastard Roan has placed within me, I feel that together we can defeat it.”

He turned his head to Jharmeen.

“I trust you...” He lightly squeezed her hand.

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-23-2003 09:57 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Questions warred in Graysith's mind with the obvious paradoxes Phalomir's explanation entailed. She closed her eyes, trying to grasp the nearly unfathomable as she concentrated beyond the statements of what was to him his past experiences.

But to her and the time in which she dwelled... in which the Sith had returned, it was more than that. Much, much more.

Should she assist Phalomir? Indeed was she able to do so? And if so, would that be damning the Sith back to their prior extinction, one brought down upon them by the dark jedi? Was this then their fate, to live in circles of warfare and conquest and loss? Would this be damning Phalomir to extinction as well, since he came from a future time?

Did she have the right to lend a hand in that? But then... had the Sith race the true right, from the viewpoint of the Big Picture, to be returned to the present at all? Would that negate a false future which would have followed such an act... which so far appeared to have done so?

She trembled, shaking her head without being aware of it.

If they succeeded and the All was never learned of, or at the least knowledge of its control was never gained, Phalomir and his ghostly entourage would never have come into this time... they would not have been born. Relative to that... what about her son, Jharu? And her daughter, ShaRhylla?

Indeed... how would this unravelling affect her? Where would she herself now be?

She lifted her face up to his, sudden tears springing into her eyes. At first allowing his engulfing hand to squeeze her own, she now pulled lightly away.

"I cannot help you in this endeavor," she whispered in a low voice, still looking up into his eyes. And then after finally regaining control of herself, she proceeded to disclose her fears and reasons which led her to deny him.

[ 09-23-2003 10:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-23-2003 10:15 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla frowned.

"He isn't doing so good," she muttered under her breath, keenly aware that Erik was standing close by though her eyes remained closed. She added extra effort and pulled more healing energies from the Force, channeling them then straight to Panthar's mind...

...or was it still somehow the mind of Thoran? For the very ganglia and nerves whose pathways created memories were HIS, and not Panthar Dantares...

And at that very moment Shayla slammed against something within that very mind; something which strangely enough seemed to open up to her, and pull her in, intensifying the strength of the healing energies she was channeling to Panthar.

But how? It was almost as if...

...as if there was a link of sorts between her and this body...

...and after the vision she had, perhaps there was at that. And Thoran HAD been drawn to her back on Sullust...

Pushing all these possible realizations to the side for the moment, Shayla simply let her strong link with the Sith body bolster the influx of the healing energies of the Force.

Panthar, she thought to him, Come back.

Even as she did so, his eyes began to flutter once more...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.251.170
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-23-2003 11:04 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir considered Jharmeen’s words. He suddenly realized that his had been a mission of suicide. He never intended to go back, even if he had succeeded in stopping the All from being discovered. He knew of the paradox…

And what of the Sith in this time? They had just been returned to life, in all practicality, and were set to flourish once again. With the knowledge he had locked away in his memories of events not directly altered by his actions, he could be invaluable to the race in establishing a new future. For indeed, had the future not been already altered by his presence here and other times he had visited?

He stared into the deep eyes of Jharmeen, losing himself for a moment in her closeness. Even in this strange place within his memories, he felt her warmth and was drawn. Why could he not remain here, secure in the knowledge of things to come? Or of the possibilities anyway…

What was his "time" now?

“Perhaps this beast guards more than I realize,” he said. “The knowledge will wait for me, and perhaps the here and now is what is important…”

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-23-2003 11:29 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith nodded slightly, still staring up into Phalomir's face. She reached out a hand to his, began to squeeze it.

"Let that future begin from this point, now," she began... and stopped, completely sidetracked.

Her eyes widened.

"Phalomir, you were sent," she breathed in a barely audible voice.

"If you fail in the mission... will others come as well?"

[ 09-23-2003 11:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-24-2003 10:01 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stopped to ponder this question. Would others follow? The implications of paradox were astounding, for if he had succeeded, then the war would not have raged and he would not have been sent back. Unless his actions here had created a new, different timeline… And if that were the case, then at what point would the Dark Lords of his time know if he had failed? Could timelines cross? Had they already?

Or was there only one timeline? If so, then all he had done was meant to be done, and whatever choice he now made would be the correct one since he had already existed in the future. This did not seem right…

He turned to look into the darkness once again. What answers were hidden there? Why had the Dark Lord Roan placed the beast to guard these memories? He held the hand of Jharmeen for a moment longer, and squeezed it.

“Wait here for a moment, please. There is one thing I must know.”

He gently let go of her hand and took a step forward. The instant his foot touched the darkness a set of enormous snapping jaws dominated the hallway before him. Loud, vicious snarls sent hot breath gusting at him, knocking him a step backwards. He yelled, took Jharmeen by the hand and ran back down the hallway. The snarling subsided and the jaws retreated into the darkness. They stopped.

Wide-eyed and panting, he looked to her. “The beast bore a seal – a ring through its nose –“ He reached quickly into his robe and pulled out an amulet chained around his neck. “This. That is, this is the very seal. There is only one. I know, because I made it… I placed the beast there. I do not know when… It is obviously guarding something I do not want myself to discover…”

He took both of her hands in his and stared into her eyes.

“I cannot dwell in the past, and I cannot live in fear of the future. The here and now, and the new future we make, that is what I vow myself to.”

[ 09-24-2003 10:04 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.34
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-24-2003 10:48 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith jerked a bit at his words, wondering at the small paradox welling up within her. She found herself wincing in reaction to his use of the term "we," yet her hands felt somehow so right in his.

Images of Recinis swam coolly before her.

She blinked, and gently pulled away from Phalomir. For a moment she simply stared up into his face; then she turned and faced the darkness. One foot slipped forward in its direction only to immediately freeze when another, stronger, snapping yowl came from somewhere in those red-black depths. She paused, then turned back to Phalomir.

"Come," she said at length. "We can learn nothing further here... at least not until you deem that we can... rather--" She quickly caught herself, and then finished.

"That you allow yourself access to your own memories."

She began to step away--

--and found herself suddenly returned to the Dining Hall, ringed by anxious warriors who warily eyed the tableau she and Phalomir presented to them. Off a little bit to one side was Shayla, who was working over the body of the other Sith, Erik standing nearby with crossed arms. A quick shake of her head to orient herself, a quick glance about--

Romanus was nowhere to be found.

--and Graysith turned her focus back upon Phalomir again. He was just in the act of opening his eyes.

She rose smoothly to her feet, unflappable now, icy in her demeanor.

"There is much upon which I must ponder," she said, clapping her hands. Salandaar came up to her and bowed.

"Bring food and refreshment," she ordered, remembering what time of day it was, suddenly realizing how utterly famished she felt.

--------------------

Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 09-24-2003 06:36 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran felt a strange sensation, as if someone were watching him. He turned his head but saw only the dimly lit interior of the shuttle. He turned forward to once again face the viewscreen.

“Strange,” he said.

He had been left alone for quite a while now, and although he loved his liege very much he was beginning to enjoy the feeling of solitude. He had not experienced such a peaceful time in many years – thousands, in fact. There was always someone there with him, whether it was the liege, or that awful time with Phalomir and the human Panthar Dantares, whose body Thoran now possessed. Oh, how good it was to be in a human body again! The Sith were powerful and magical, but they were prone to strange cravings and muscle aches, and nothing compared to the body of one’s own species. He had to admit, Panthar did take good care of this body.

There it was again, that feeling of something – tugging – at the back of Thoran’s mind. When he was a boy, his mother told him that his ear would itch when someone far away was thinking of him. That is what this reminded him of, except instead of an ear it was more of an itch in his mind. He let his mind relax and go blank, all thoughts flowing to a slow crawl. He let himself drift, falling towards that spot in his mind that was so suddenly active. What was this? A small tendril of something… some energy… reminding him of something… someone…

Then it was gone.

Thoran, I am ready.

Thoran snapped himself to attention. “Yes, my liege!”

It is now time to depart, I have sensed the brat opening the door I placed in his mind. By now he has discovered his identity and his purpose, and he will now be convincing the Lady to send him back to finish his “mission”. If he succeeds, we continue as planned. If not, then our frozen friends will be called upon earlier than expected.

Thoran pondered the paradox, then thought better of it.

--------------------

The ancients are not the oldest, nor the wisest.

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 67.1.104.108
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-24-2003 09:55 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir stood slowly, testing his legs to make sure they worked properly before putting his entire weight upon them. He was once told that stumbling was not becoming to a Dark Lord – but he was not really a Dark Lord, not in this time. Did he even know how to be one? Did he even want to be one?

Yes.

Yes, he did….

He looked to the Dark Lady, who had apparently just finished issuing orders. Her warrior captain – or perhaps her porter – was quickly moving and giving orders of his own to lower ranking guards. She moved away, gliding as she walked, almost floating. Phalomir felt his heart race and suddenly longed to move towards her, with her. The Warriors needed a Dark Lord…

He shook the thought from his mind, there was much more to consider now. He looked over to Shayla, who was busy with Panthar.

“How is he, Shayla?” he called to her. He paused for a moment. “And can you tell me how we came to be in this room?”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 67.1.99.6
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-25-2003 06:22 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla at first only vaguely heard Phalomir's words as she continued to bring healing energies to Panthar. For a few moments she remained where she was and utterly silent...

...til at length Panthar's fluttering eyes finally opened. Though they were cloudy, Shayla was certain he would recover so long as he remained alert. Only then did she flick her greeny-blue eyes to Phalomir.

"He should be fine so long as we keep him awake awhile," she stated aloud. "And as to how we came to this room...

...we were carried here after the Dark Lady fell unconscious back in the Receiving Hall."

With that she turned back to Panthar, nodding towards him as she did so, "We need to help him get to his feet," she then stated, glancing down into somewhat clearer eyes and suddenly finding herself lost as she connected with his mind to once more channel healing energies to him. She couldn't escape the implications of the way this Sith mind was responding to her Force-touch...

"And I don't know how or why," she started suddenly, her voice dropping to a whisper of either wonder or concern or perhaps both, "But there is some sort of link between my mind and the mind within this Sith body...

...which strongly implies I've met and had a Force-link with it, and I do not mean simply in the recent past. When Graysith fell unconscious in the Receiving Hall, I had a vision of something from my childhood which seems confirm this..."

She trailed, her eyes turning vague.

Do you not remember your Thoran...?

[ 09-25-2003 06:35 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-25-2003 10:37 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith had been standing off to one side, chatting tersely with Salandaar while underlings hustled back and forth loading the richly carved sideboard with food and drink. She held in her slim hand a goblet of the fabulous green Sith brandy, and was in the act of taking her first sip when Shayla's low comment to Phalomir came into her ears.

A link from her childhood... with a Sith; at least that's what the vague comment alluded. A Sith now seeming to have turned traitor, to have fled... a Sith mixed up with future lords, lords as adept at skipping through time as a stone being skipped upon a pond, lords striving to change the past for the sake of something other, something dark...

What other fantastical offering could be added to the fray?

She turned smoothly about but did not approach the group.

"Enough of your vagaries!" Her voice rang out clear and sharp.

"If you have information to disclose, then do so at once! For indeed, this must be the reason behind your return to this place after having been-- A heartbeat. "--requested to leave!"

She paused then, her eyes bright over the rim of her goblet, and pinned Shayla with a look. A look which clearly spoke of all the implications such a link might carry with it, a look which spoke of understanding of the inherent dangers such a link would have.

A look which hinted darkly that such a link must be eliminated entirely, no matter what it took to do so, for the sake of the future of the Sith.

[ 09-25-2003 11:03 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-26-2003 09:27 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a long moment Shayla met Graysith's look dead on, unflinching. Then she rose to her feet, leaving the stirring Panthar so that others could help him to his own. Her eyes never left Graysith's as she stood, either.

"I don't know if it has any meaning in this puzzle or not," she started then, "But I am somehow linked with this body," she continued, motioning towards Panthar aka Thoran. "And I had a vision from my past back in the Receiving Hall, one in which a Sith-like apparition was beckoning to me. Perhaps it is all meaningless. But--"

Here she trailed, her eyes turning vague and dark as she then proceeded with, "But I have to think that this link I have found has been placed there for a purpose..."

Again her voice trailed, her eyes turning impossibly darker as thoughts began to play across her mind.

Indeed, what may this link be intended for? And furthermore, why now, of all times, are you realizing its existence? The Force does not lead in error...

...and how very convenient, you have a connection with Graysith and Thoran...

...and Thoran is being used or is working for someone who is after her. Oh, how entirely convenient...

Shayla's eyes snapped alert as she realized just what a danger she may be posing by being here at all...

...and by existing, for that matter. Pursing her lips, she realized what she had to do. Stepping closer to Graysith, understanding dawning in her eyes, she spoke one final time before falling completely silent. "This link is a danger to you...

...I can feel it." Here she paused, then finished with a silent but firm, "Do whatever you must to ensure it is not any longer..."

[ 09-26-2003 09:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-26-2003 09:54 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Phalomir looked to Shayla, then to Graysith, then to Panthar.

“Shayla, if you truly experience a link somehow with Thoran, then it is possible he knows what is happening here…”

He turned to the Dark Lady.

“My lady, there is much you need to know. I trust you completely, and seek your -- wisdom -- on these matters. You may have already guessed, but this Sith with me is Panthar Dantares. Thoran has betrayed me and inhabits Panthar’s body. I believe the Eye is attempting to communicate with me by sending brief visions and messages in the guise of Trelanicus – my ‘father’. It told me that Thoran is under the influence of a powerful spirit that inhabits Panthar’s body with him. The last message it sent was a plea to stop Thoran from discovering a device on the planet of the Armorers. The Eye is not your enemy, but it may be a weapon in their hands…”

He paused. “However, I think that this link could be used our advantage, regardless of how came about in the first place. I suggest we use Shayla to lead a hunt for Thoran.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 67.1.104.201
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-26-2003 10:18 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“A danger?”

Graysith paused for a moment, turning her attention from Shayla to Phalomir and then withdrew it a bit to consider them both. She stood there, toying with the goblet in her hand, letting her eyes drop for a moment to contemplate the richly colored liquid which swirled in its depths, much as her own thoughts now swirled about within her own head.

Thoughts which she chose for the moment to keep to herself. As indeed she had been doing.

After a second or two passed, she lifted her gaze once more to Shayla, and pinned her sharply with it.

“I spoke of no danger; I sense no danger that with the All and my warriors and the power of the Eye, which now appears to be with us--"

A sharp, quick look toward Phalomir; then her gaze expanded to encompass them both once again.

"--I cannot overcome. Who is this 'Thoran' to me? Merely the name of a traitor yet to be.

"Again, I say to you: if you have thoughts or information of this supposed danger, speak it aloud! I cannot battle against whimsies or vague notions or—“

She paused for an even shorter moment, letting her eyes cut again to Phalomir.

“—or ghosts,” she completed, then fell silent and took a sip of her brandy. It washed through her like the heat of the noonday sun, sending liquid fire through her veins.

[ 09-27-2003 10:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 67.1.104.201
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 09-26-2003 10:41 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ghosts?

Phalomir considered this, then his thoughts suddenly turned to the recent past. Shayla… what did he really know about her? He felt a strange connection with her way back on Sullust, the planet of the Tunnel Dwellers. Yet how was that explained? It was not.

Indeed, and what of the meeting with Sorben on the empire’s ship? He had tried to negotiate, but Shayla’s outbursts gave away much information that should have been held secret.

And why had she withheld information from him when he first mentioned he was looking for the person Graysith, who turned out to be Jharmeen?

And now she shared a link with Thoran? She even spoke of being visited by a Sith in her childhood?

Could she be part of this strange mystery of time and paradox? Was she being used as Thoran -- even Phalomir himself – had been used? Or was it even deeper than that?

He let his eyes wander slowly to Shayla and held them there….

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 67.1.104.122
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-27-2003 01:17 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She caught the slide of Phalomir's eyes toward Shayla, followed that gaze herself. While she was unaware of the thoughts going through the Sith's mind, the suddenly electrical atmosphere told her more clearly than words that suspicions were raised to join with her own. She flicked her gaze back to Phalomir, who merely clasped his hands in front of himself, as if waiting to hear Shayla's reply.

Her eyes darkened.

"Clearly there is more afoot than meets the eye."

Her words cut the tension like a knife. Both Shayla and Phalomir seemed to sag the slightest bit, as if they were puppets whose strings were suddenly relieved of great tension. Graysith noted this, and went so far as to shrug.

"If this Thoran is such a danger, I am forewarned," she stated in a matter-of-fact tone of voice, moving gracefully to the sideboard and replacing the goblet with a small platter of meat Salandaar had prepared for her there. She picked it up, then leaned her hip casually against the rich gleam of the wood.

"And in being forewarned, I shall be ready should he or whoever it is he is in league with -- if indeed this is the case -- comes here to me.

"For come here he shall; do what you must to seek the device of which you speak, but I will not chase about willy-nilly like a pup after its own tail. Let this 'Thoran' use this link, of which so little has been said but so much attribute has been given, and follow it here to me. I fear him not.

"Do you hear?"

The latter she stated in a most distinct and careful voice, aimed directly at Shayla... one obviously not intended for that young woman's ears alone.

[ 09-27-2003 01:21 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 09-27-2003 08:59 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik looked from where he had been helping Panthar to his feet, suddenly hearing and seeing just about enough. His eyes flicked from Phalomir to Graysith to Shayla and back.

"Now wait just a damn minute," he said suddenly, breaking his silence. "I know not exactly what danger Shayla senses, but I do know this; she is here out of genuine concern and nothing more. Yet you would treat her as an outsider...

...and even as an intruder? Have you missed the fact that she has returned here even at a danger to herself, even after being so gently requested to leave, even after having her very own memories blocked?"

He paused, a frown upon his face. "You would criticize whether or not she has shown trust in you...

...but you show no trust in her either. She believes in you and in all that you are trying to accomplish here despite whatever happened to cause you to...

... request her to leave here. Has it not occurred to anyone that the reason for the vagueness in her explanations is because she is only now discovering some of these things herself? By her own admittance she has just had the vision of a Sith in her childhood and likewise has just discovered her link with Thoran by chance of healing this one," he said then, motioning back towards Panthar. "Do these things mean nothing...

...or perhaps are you bent on distrusting her no matter what she says?"

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.251.170
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-27-2003 09:54 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith turned to the absolute arrogance the fuming man had the effrontery to spout. She stared at him as though he was dirt, taking up a bit of meat and nibbling upon it. After chewing upon it in utter silence, she swallowed and spoke, swift and to the point.

"You speak such... interesting, if somewhat out of context words," she began sweetly enough. "But now that they have been spoken...."

Her demeanor grew icy, and her look hardened.

"I find them words which should come from her if they were to have meaning to me!

"Words along with others which should have been spoken to me! Not--"

She shifted the plate to one hand, raised the Claw-bearing hand directly to Phalomir.

"Not to him. If this danger truly exists, if this link is indeed more than a whimsy...

"Then why does she speak of it to him - he who shared mindspace with this Thoran and gods know who or what else! -- and not to me, the one she states--"

Another swift pause, and she turned fully to Shayla now.

"That you state you have returned here to warn? Have you no voice to speak up to me any further, although you claim to have come here to do that? Must this man--"

Another offhanded wave toward the by now spitting Erik.

"Speak for you? Or is this outburst of his a continued ruse as well, passionate words meant to distract me from your true purpose in being here?

"Your actions here contradict your words, Shayla. Think you that I am a fool to blindly trust when my eyes see that which is in front of them here? That which I must now assess according to what information I already have... unless, of course, you wish to divulge anything further in consideration as to why you really returned here. The All is at my command; I could have used it at any time to take from your mind that which could clarify this matter. What danger prompted this return against my wishes when you claim that you have only just now discovered this link? The link which, according to you is such a danger to me?"

"Why did you come back?!"

She came to a stop with that, seething inwardly with further personal justifications, but she knew that had no bearing here. She took up another piece of meat, and remained quiet.

[ 09-27-2003 11:38 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 09-27-2003 04:42 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's mind was literally whirling. She wasn't certain if this was because of Erik's sudden outburst...

...or because of something else entirely. But she most certainly did know why she had come back against Graysith's wishes...

...and it hadn't had a thing to do with this link she had suddenly found; so suddenly, in fact, that she hadn't the time to totally process it yet. Bolstering her strength, she glued her eyes to Graysith and answered her final question. "I came back here because I believe the one who is manipulating Thoran is none other than Dark Lord Roan. I have reason for coming to this conclusion, for Phalomir himself spoke about the addition of a new voice within the body of Panthar Dantares while he still inhabited it with Thoran; a voice which Phalomir himself labeled as the Dark Lord's."

Here she paused, pursing her lips a bit and flicking her eyes back to Phalomir a moment. Then she looked back to Graysith. "With the Eye he may find a way to bring harm to you...

...and perhaps he'll find a way to help himself. And who knows what he may do with this link I have so suddenly discovered..."

She shuddered a bit at this, then finished with, "I don't think even Death will stop him if he can find a way around it..."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-27-2003 04:54 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith stared for a very long moment at Shayla, one in which time seemed to come to a halt.

She slid her eyes back to Phalomir, to the one which someone... or rather, some...thing had enjoined her to trust.

She let that time tick onward, merely shifting her gaze back and forth between the two of them, before her eyes finally came to a rest upon Shayla.

"Very well," she breathed, drawing herself up regally once more. "Your message has been dutifully delivered. Again, I find myself to be forewarned, although...."

She paused one last time, letting her focus now turn inward, back into the revelations revealed to her through the link with Phalomir.

She nodded, coming to a conclusion.

"I fear no Dark Lord speaking from the dead. Ghosts, goblins and shades; they are incorporeal, of little substance and even less meaning. What is of meaning is the information disclosed to me by this one."

Now she slid her eyes to Phalomir, stared at him steadily, if suddenly a bit coldly. Her look never shifted as she finished up with,

"If that is the only reason why you have returned, then you are free to go, Shayla. You may consider your warning to have been duly received. I thank you for your inexplicable concern."

[ 09-27-2003 04:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05