my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Revenge of the Sith! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Revenge of the Sith!
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 05-19-2005 10:55 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally, oh, finally its here!

I just saw it...And I hope everyone here gets to see it soon.

So, what'd you think of the movie? Post here for any discussion of the final chapter.

And, obviously, SPOILER WARNING to those who have not seen it.

Holy cow. I've seen my last new Star Wars. I gotta go lie down.

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 24.8.206.27
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-20-2005 04:42 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, it was good times wasn't it ragorian? The movie rocked, had it's ups and downs. Anyway, come talk about it people who've seen it! Those who haven't keep away! (browsers working again eh rag?)

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.69.105
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 05-20-2005 06:18 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Quite good times...its a shame Stokes and Latch are so critical. Ups and downs, sure, but come ON! Its frickin' Star Wars!

And yeah, its workin again...for now.

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 24.8.206.27
Mira Tukiano

Member # 608

posted 05-20-2005 06:27 PM     Profile for Mira Tukiano   Author's Homepage   Email Mira Tukiano     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Best movie ever.

One of the few times that I sat completly up straight and paid my full attention.

Awesome. Just awesome.

Words cannot describe.

--------------------

Those who see nothing shall see all, While those who think that they see shall see nothing.

Posts: 55 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 207.189.214.70
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-21-2005 02:10 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What, you didn't pay attention too the other starwars movies completely? You s.o.- *is struck down*

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.69.105
Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 05-21-2005 05:46 AM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Utterly godly

Best Star Wars ever, up there with ANH, ESB, and ROTJ

--------------------

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 24.238.39.115
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 05-21-2005 01:04 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellently done...and very, VERY dark...which makes it just that much better. Did anybody catch Sidious's comment about the fine line of difference between the Jedi's selflessness and the Sith's self-centeredness? I think we've role-played something here that mirrors that very much...everything being relative to a one's point of view, and all that.

And you are all right, gotta have alot of respect for the characters of Obi-Wan and Yoda after this flick...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-21-2005 01:23 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been hanging back waiting for others to see Episode III before making any comments. Here they are:

1. Yes, IMHO, this is the best of the six Star Wars films -- ever. Cinematography was fantastic, it moved, didn't dwell unnecessarily long on any one part, and did a great job of showing Anakin's final path to the Dark Side of the force. Sad how his vision was correct... but that it was his influence that caused Padme to die after the twins were born. Nice twist; I figured she had to die somehow, and thought maybe that Sidious would have Anakin purposefully kill her to strengthen him in the Dark Side, but this was better. It was enough that he turned against his long-time brother and friend, Obi-Wan... not to mention those chilling Jedi Temple scenes!!!

2. I loved how Anakin's fall wasn't just an evil "power" thing. He was so conflicted, and consumed by the greedy kind of love -- the "hanging on, ownership kind," -- I like how he was so insidiously manipulated all along. But then--

3. He was created to be manipulated. It was, to quote C3PO, "his lot in life." Not just the prophesied "Chosen One," he was created by the Sith so they would have ultimate power. My opinion, after discussing with other SW junkies, is that the wise and powerful Palgus (or whatever his name was) was the one to manipulate the midichlorians in Schmee to create Anakin; Palpatine, his apprentice, discovered this and was afraid of losing his powerful place at the Dark Lord's side, so he killed him and began his looooooong plot to win over Anakin as his loyal servant -- to make him invincible.

3. And along these lines, "Hey BobPalpatine, if you're reading --- WE TOLD YOU SO. SIDIOUS IS PALPATINE!!!" (sheesh)

4. Yeah, I caught the references to our "All" viewpoint here -- nice to think we might have been read by Lucas's scouts and they liked the idea. *grins* But to me it wasn't the "Jedi selflessness/Sith selfishness" thing so much as the comment of Anakin's re: "...from my viewpoint you're evil!" and Palpatine's offhand suggestion to step back and take in the "bigger view."

5. Sheesh -- I think I had another thought but it has fled me. I'll add more later; but so far I've seen the movie twice and plan on a couple times more. I recommend an afternoon matinee if you can get to one; very few people (I went to a 2:45 showing on the 19th --!!! -- and there were about 10 people in the theater all told!)

[ 05-21-2005 01:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.8
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-21-2005 01:29 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah... I've started to watch the Original Trilogy again, and it's really neat how SOOOOOO many little comments and so on can be taken in a completely new light!!!

Episode III neatly swept up all the little loose ends, and did a fantastic job of uniting the first three episodes with the last three... even down to C3PO's mind wipe, it HAD to happen, you know!

The one flaw in the whole shebang, I think, is this whole "Force is in balance" prophesy thing unless....

Maybe as Yoda said it was misread, and the "balance" would then be the existence of two Jedi (Yoda and Obi-Wan) and two Sith (Palpatine and Anakin).

If so, then I'm afraid in the aftermath of ROTJ there is a serious misalignment of the Force... hehehe...

Wish the saga would continue!

(And you know you can't have "good" without "evil;" the term would be meaningless!!! Just food for thought....

[ 05-21-2005 01:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.8
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 05-22-2005 10:03 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just did a way more in-depth review of the movie on my blog at http://stargazergirl.blogspot.com.

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 05-23-2005 05:14 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ummmm Yeah it just ROCKED!!!! I cried at the end - ok quite a bit from when Anakin turned through the end! I got teased a bit but it was worth it. So much to see I've got to get back and see it again - during normal waking hours this time... I will post more then.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 70.97.138.112
Hawke

Broken Back Button

Member # 650

posted 05-23-2005 06:31 PM     Profile for Hawke   Author's Homepage   Email Hawke     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I loved it! It was so well done and so sad. The part where the Jedi begin to die and Yoda drops his cane had me on the verge of tears.

But there is one thing I do not understand, in Return of the Jedi, Leia says she remembers her mother was "beautiful,but sad" and that she had died when Leia was very young. But Leia was only about two minutes old when Padme died, so how can she possibly remember?

Aside from that it was a wonderful movie. Too bad the saga is over.

[ 05-23-2005 07:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Hawke ]

--------------------

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." ~ Douglas Adams

Posts: 11 | From: Someplace boring | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 24.14.137.183
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-23-2005 06:56 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Greetings, Hawke!!

Yes, that was one tiny thing that had me puzzled, too. All I can speculate is that Leia is remembering Bail Organa's wife, who she thought was her mother?

Unless the Force was strong enough in her to have her remember seeing Padme on the day she was born.

--------------------

Sellith

Member # 625

posted 05-23-2005 07:38 PM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was ok i didn't like it that much though I'd say this is the 5th best movie. I thought the dialog in it was pretty bad, you so almost none of the massacre in the temple which I was looking forward to, the only thing that saves it are the good lightsaber battles and the computer graphics, but most of all the part I hated was the end, It made Vader look totally different he actually cared and he was almost crying when Palpatine told him he killed Padme, and the NOOOO line was just poor at best. And what was with all the scene transitions there was far to many!

Hey Everyones entitled to an opinion

Also, I always thought that they were all wrong. I thought that Luke is the one in the prophecy. Leia is the real child and Luke was concieved by the midiclorens (sorry cant spell today lol) he brought blance to the force because to Jedi would balance mean no Sith. And if thats not true Anakin couldn't bring balance as in 2 Jedi and 2 Sith because he makes Leia and Luke who become Jedi which would cause an imbalance.

[ 05-23-2005 08:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sellith ]

--------------------

The Jedi are the true evil.

Posts: 84 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 82.40.11.140
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 05-24-2005 05:26 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Perhaps Leia's "memory" of her mother is based more on what she has been told about her than she actually realizes...

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 05-24-2005 02:01 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sellith, you're whacked.

That's the WHOLE IDEA about the six stories: it's the tale of Anakin Skywalker; the rise of the empire and the rebellion and war and all that malarkey is second fiddle; HE'S the crucial factor here, and other than the droids is the only character -- well, Obi-Wan, too -- in all of the movies.

But the whole thing is really a tragedy, which was brough home IN YOUR FACE in EPIII: Anakin was CREATED by the Sith to be their "ace-in-the-hole," and was used and manipulated his entire LIFE, fer Pete's sake; that's what gave this final movie so much more character than the others, because there was character DEVELOPMENT and a REAL REASON why Vader was who and what he was.

I mean, sheesh, he did kill Padme as Palpatine said he did, and he wouldn't have if he hadn't turned because that's what killed her in the end.

And Luke was not conceived by the midichlorians... he had a father and a mother. Anakin and Padme, sheesh. HELLO! Anakin clearly was the one created by Palgus's influencing the midichlorians to create life; remember Anakin's mother said there was no father, that she just got pregnant out of nowhere and couldn't explain it???

Go watch EpI-III again, and take a closer look.

Sheesh... if battles and fights and seeing young Jedi die all that bloody, shallow kinda crap are all what you like, buddy, have you come to the wrong role play boards!

[ 05-24-2005 02:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1458 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.8
Sellith

Member # 625

posted 05-24-2005 11:13 PM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Hey Hey, don't get me wrong i liked the movie I just thought it was not as good as some others. I didn't want to see the younglings get killed, I just wanted to see what happened, to see if it was like the video game.I thought the editing in it was pretty bad (I heard that there was the scene with Qui-Gon and Yoda and that was cut from the cinema release). And the movies and RPing are totally different I like action in my movies but action isn't as entertaining if it happens in a Role Playing Session. Also you can not say that the lightsaber battles, Yoda+Palp and Obi+ Anakin, were not some of the best scenes in the movie.

[ 05-24-2005 11:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sellith ]

--------------------

Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 05-25-2005 07:12 PM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're right Galen,

Sellith is Whacked

not just whacked though,
Wiggety Whacked...

--------------------

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 24.238.34.220
Sellith

Member # 625

posted 05-25-2005 10:53 PM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We are all a little whack. You have to think outside the box, like how could the Jedi hold there own against thousands of droids in AOTC but get killed by about 10 clones, granted that clones are a bit more skilled than droids but that should not have made too much of a difference.

--------------------

Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 05-26-2005 08:37 PM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Jedi were unaware of the clone's hostility at the time. They had no clue, and don't give me that crap about Jedi Precog, it doesn't always work. They've been working with the clones for nearly 2 years up to this point, the last thing on their minds is having their clones turn on them.

Ki Adi Mundi- He was holding off droids and then a squad of trooper opened fire on him, he held them off for all of 5 seconds then got overhwhelmed.

Aayla Secura- She got shot in the back point blank then was blasted to charred Twi Lek.

Plo Koon- Got killed the hell to pieces by his own fighters.

Speeder Bike Jedi- Was probably confused that the troopers fell back, and trusted them. He got shot to pieces.

When you trust someone, the last thing you'd expect is for them to turn on you, that's why betrayal and Surprise are so effective, if not slightly underhanded...

--------------------

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 24.238.34.220
Sellith

Member # 625

posted 05-27-2005 02:49 AM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, Ok after going to see ROTS again I realized that its better than I originally thought so I retract my first post. I think the Jedi Precog didn't work because so much was already happening, the could probably feel all the death at the Jedi Temple.

--------------------

Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 05-27-2005 06:01 PM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, I'm not supposed to be on, but I am dying to get my opinion in. I liked Revenge of the Sith alot, and I keep going back and forth whether its my favorite or third favorite. I found that it met my expectations and didn't meet them at the same time.

The movie was very emotional to me. Although I am a personal fan of the dark side, it still sadened me to see all of the jedi to die. It was also funny when the Emperor is laughing at Yoda as he tries to get back on the stand but starts to fall. I found the scene where Mace Windu dies along with the others very sadening and happy at the same time (I LIKED JANGO!!!). Unfortunatly, there are so many different problems that arised that I still can't explain. The whole Leia rememebering her mother thing kinda threw me off, and some of the dialogue wasn't very good.

It was kind of interesting to watch Vader get emotional about something though...

Oh, and be nice to Sellith. Everyone does deserve to have their own opinion, now matter how much you disagree with it.

But really, there just aren't words for me to describe this movie with. I am hoping that if Lucas really does go through with making more Star Wars movies (he might in 10 years, or so the rumors claim), that they are good, because I don't want to see Star Wars fall into the same category as the Matrix, like many people (mainly older people like my step-father) claim it is.

Anyway, I'll talk to you all this summer, when I get my laptop back and am allowed to come back here...

[ 05-27-2005 06:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sa'kal'ishaalas ]

Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 69.233.49.126
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 05-31-2005 07:16 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally saw it adn I thought it was awsome. watching Anakin transition was cool. Though i was suprised to hear about how Palpatine gained his powers by telling his story to Anakin.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.6
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 06-21-2005 05:58 PM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, for all you above average Star Wars fans (that SHOULD include everyone reading this), I seriously suggest reading the book to Episode III. Actually, I suggest reading the books for Episode I, Episode II and Episode III. I have read all three, and for all of us fans here, it really should be a must read. They are all quite good, and because everyone here most likely is an above average Star Wars fan, I believe that you'll enjoy them.

Also, I was wondering if there were books to the original trilogy, as if there are, I definatly need to read them.

Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 69.233.49.126
Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 06-21-2005 08:19 PM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have the original trilogy book, it contains all 3 , (ANH, ESP, and ROTJ) And it is a must read starting..... now!

--------------------

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 24.115.136.85

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05