my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Revenge of the Sith! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Revenge of the Sith!
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 06-21-2005 08:29 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The dooku fight doesn't suck in the book, lol. For example when palpatine says "Kill him", he has a thought process: Betray truely is the way of the sith.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.72.134
Shahrazad

Member # 617

posted 06-27-2005 02:23 PM     Profile for Shahrazad   Author's Homepage   Email Shahrazad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have read the episode 3 book and watched the movie. I thought that the suspence on the movie was sooo good. I was sitting there the entire time, and I am so antsy! I could not believe that Aniken kills all of the younglings. The one thing that i didn't get is how leia remembers her mom. I agree that the force was strong enough in her that she would remember, but if that is true, why doesn't luke remember her. I thought that the force was stronger in him since it was recognized, and leia wasn't. And also, why does luke say that he never knew his mother but he remembers his father. He never describes him, but he remembers him. Anakin was on the operating table when the twins were born. he wasn't ever there. If luke can remember him through the force, it would be even easier for him to see his mother, since he had already seen her once. I am really confused about that, and I have seen the movie 2 times already and read the book. It just is whacked. Whacked but sweet!

--------------------

Kneel before me. Fear me.

Posts: 40 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.239
Hawke

Broken Back Button

Member # 650

posted 07-09-2005 07:55 PM     Profile for Hawke   Author's Homepage   Email Hawke     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've read the booka for Episodes 1 and 2. How's the book for Episode 3?

--------------------

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." ~ Douglas Adams

Posts: 11 | From: Someplace boring | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 24.14.137.183
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 07-13-2005 11:53 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally, I enjoyed the RotS book a lot, because it added a lot more to the movie. It narrarates from some interesting perspectives (Count Dooku, Commander Cody, etc.) and includes a lot of the stuff they couldn't fit in the movie (Yoda and Qui-Gon talking and a rather humerous scene in which a disguised Obi-Wan and Yoda attempt to fool some Clone Troopers.) I'd recommend reading it.

And after seeing the movie several more times, I can still say it rocks.

And Obi-Wan and Yoda are pure distilled essence of awesome. No dark sider can compare.

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 24.8.206.27
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 08-03-2005 08:48 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone know for sure if the DVD is coming out in Nov of this year? I thought I read it somewhere on yahoo I think. Also is there gonna be a boxed set of EP 1-3?

[ 08-14-2005 12:24 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sarisa Ker ]

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5
Sellith

Member # 625

posted 08-17-2005 04:24 AM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a UK Release date of October 31st on amazon.co.uk

--------------------

The Jedi are the true evil.

Posts: 84 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 80.195.130.214
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 08-28-2005 02:47 AM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Sellith but I'm not in the UK. lol

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5
Occisor Amyntas

Member # 641

posted 08-28-2005 02:56 AM     Profile for Occisor Amyntas   Author's Homepage   Email Occisor Amyntas     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But the UK is so much cooler!

--------------------

"Only a demon can slay other demons."

Posts: 34 | From: In your nightmares! | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 71.208.62.206
Sellith

Member # 625

posted 08-28-2005 02:09 PM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree lol, I think its Nov 1 in US *sticks out tongue*

--------------------

Sellith

Member # 625

posted 08-28-2005 02:11 PM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree lol, I think its Nov 1 in US *sticks out tongue*

--------------------

Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 08-28-2005 03:17 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW, the book for Episode three is WELL worth the read. It colors Anakin's character and his struggle during his "fall" and even after much better than even the movie (which I thought was very good as well) did. It also colors Obi-Wan much more. Though Ewan plays him excellently, some moments/scenes were left out which really display how devestated he was by losing Anakin, and how much he struggled with it.

Just, get the book. It is VERY good.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05