my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » The name is out. (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The name is out.
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 06-26-2003 06:48 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Announcement guys. Star Wars Episode 3's name is out. It is "An Empire Divided". Don't believe me go to http://www.starwars.com.

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-26-2003 06:54 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you sure that's not the games name?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-26-2003 07:11 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was not too sure at first until this morning. There was an article in the nemspaper about EP3's name. In 3 newspapers in fact. And all claim the name is "An Empire Divided".

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-27-2003 03:17 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really don't like that title. I was hopeing for something more dark and sinister!

Like "Rise of the Sith"

Or on a more pleasent note "Circle of the Force"

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-27-2003 01:09 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Should have been called "shadows of the jedi" because most likely "the jedi"(anakin) will be discovering the shadows, in this one...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.64
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-27-2003 01:52 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well don't trust the media, they set everything up. Half the time the media is just bulls***(I censored that). So don't worry, it's probably just a fake and in truth they haven't come out with a name. Especially one exactly like their recent product.

That'd be.....dumb!

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-28-2003 03:05 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope so! Cause that name SUCKS!!!

--------------------

Xerzes

Broken Back Button

Member # 481

posted 06-28-2003 12:24 PM     Profile for Xerzes   Author's Homepage   Email Xerzes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its better than "Attack of the Clones"
Posts: 1 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-28-2003 06:43 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea "Attack Of The Clones" sounds like some "Kindergarten" title.

--------------------

Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 06-28-2003 09:49 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can you link to the article on starwars.com about it? I couldn't find it.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.20
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-29-2003 03:47 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, look who has graced us with thier presence again?!?

How was the vacation Anakin?

--------------------

Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 06-29-2003 07:02 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amazing. Europe is beautiful.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.20
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-29-2003 08:31 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad you enjoyed yourself! I'd love to go to England or Scotland. Just so I could visit some castles, and maybe buy myself a real Sword!

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-29-2003 09:01 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i want a kilt, but my friend say's they are hella expensive, and the more colors you have the more expensive it is... Like, we think kilt and we think plad right? welp, thats only for the rich people... It turns out most peoples kilts were solid colors, maybe 2 if it was a semi wealthy family....

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.125
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-29-2003 10:16 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's interesting. Cause every movie ever made in Hollywood has plaid kilts. Look at Braveheart, Highlander, and a few lesser films.

I didn't know that they were supposed to be plaid.

BTW, What would you wear under your kilt??? Would you go as a true Scotsman?

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-29-2003 05:08 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i donno, i just want a kilt...

And ya, in movies there always plad, cause hollywood sux :P

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.27
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-29-2003 07:37 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You still haven't answered the question. Would you wear your kilt loke a true Scotsman?

I know I would!

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 07-04-2003 05:31 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anakin ask for the link, and were getting off topic. This is the Star Wars forum guys, not the kilt forum. Just suggesting we get back on topic, because I'm still confused how you got this idea that it was what you think it is.

I mean, it is pretty convinient that a game is coming out by the same name. So I feel it shouldn't be taken seriously until I get some evidence that it is true, because it's highly unlikely. They would have made a much more public statement about this and it is likely I would have known.

But anyway, proceed in giving the link if you can.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 07-04-2003 08:18 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL... Look who is playing MOD again.
GRAYSITH!!! Lumbia is trying to be a MOD again!!! Make him stop!

Sorry Lumbia... I had to say that!

But it is true... We should be talking about the name of E3. Sorry about the OFF TOPICNESS.

I think the name should be dark and sinister sounding. Like "Shaddows of the Force" or "Path to Darkenss" What do you guys think of those names?

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-04-2003 09:19 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
An Empire Divided, is really a most illogical name for this movie; think about it. This is where Anakin becomes Vader. Where Palpatine rises to power. Where the Empire begins. No divisions. It's creation!!!

Rise of the Empire would be more appropriate. I'm sure the Empire Divided is the name of a game.

And welcome back, Anakin. And Dash -- you can buy real swords and kilts right here without having to go all the way to Scotland. The real McCoys are very expensive; there are places you can get wonderful museum quality replicas.

Check out http://www.museumreplicas.com

[ 07-04-2003 09:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 07-04-2003 09:51 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But I actually want to help a Blacksmith make one!!! And learn for myself.

Not that I'l be making Swords for a living. But I love trying to expand my horizons with cool $hit like that!

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 07-05-2003 08:37 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't see anything about that being the title for Episode III anywhere on the www.starwars.com. And it's way too early for that, IMHO.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.19.230.227
O-B-1 Kenobi

Member # 467

posted 07-05-2003 09:52 PM     Profile for O-B-1 Kenobi   Author's Homepage   Email O-B-1 Kenobi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someone should sue the newspapers here. Firstly Xam, the reports are unconfirmed. Don't go spreading un-true rumours. Next, 2 different newspapers have 2 different names for Ep3.

The Straits Times said Ep3 is "An Empire Divided". The "Computer Times" (I choose to trust this one) said Ep3 is "A Galaxy Divided". Confusing ya?

Posts: 66 | From: unknnown | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 07-20-2003 07:32 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know... The names of the first 2 just didn't hit home the way A NEW HOPE, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and RETURN OF THE JEDI did. I hope E3's name hits home!

--------------------

Selah

Member # 201

posted 11-28-2003 07:27 PM     Profile for Selah   Author's Homepage   Email Selah     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*votes for Entaris's title: Shadow of a Jedi* There's got to be something, ANYthing better than "An Empire Divided" for cryin' oot lood! ; ) Of course, Attack of the Clones was pretty wretched, too. I say, GL should throw out a bunch of ideas to the masses and let us all have our fun and vote. We couldn't do any worse than AotC.

--------------------

This too shall pass...

Posts: 32 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.233.31.74

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05