The Holonet Boards   » Episode 2 & 3   » The name is out.

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-26-2003 06:48 PM    
Announcement guys. Star Wars Episode 3's name is out. It is "An Empire Divided". Don't believe me go to http://www.starwars.com.

LumbiaSith

posted 06-26-2003 06:54 PM    
Are you sure that's not the games name?

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-26-2003 07:11 PM    
I was not too sure at first until this morning. There was an article in the nemspaper about EP3's name. In 3 newspapers in fact. And all claim the name is "An Empire Divided".

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-27-2003 03:17 AM    
I really don't like that title. I was hopeing for something more dark and sinister!

Like "Rise of the Sith"

Or on a more pleasent note "Circle of the Force"

Entaris

posted 06-27-2003 01:09 PM    
Should have been called "shadows of the jedi" because most likely "the jedi"(anakin) will be discovering the shadows, in this one...

LumbiaSith

posted 06-27-2003 01:52 PM    
Well don't trust the media, they set everything up. Half the time the media is just bulls***(I censored that). So don't worry, it's probably just a fake and in truth they haven't come out with a name. Especially one exactly like their recent product.

That'd be.....dumb!

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-28-2003 03:05 AM    
I hope so! Cause that name SUCKS!!!

Xerzes

posted 06-28-2003 12:24 PM    
Its better than "Attack of the Clones"

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-28-2003 06:43 PM    
Yea "Attack Of The Clones" sounds like some "Kindergarten" title.

Anakin

posted 06-28-2003 09:49 PM    
Can you link to the article on starwars.com about it? I couldn't find it.

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-29-2003 03:47 AM    
Well, look who has graced us with thier presence again?!?

How was the vacation Anakin?

Anakin

posted 06-29-2003 07:02 AM    
Amazing. Europe is beautiful.

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-29-2003 08:31 AM    
Glad you enjoyed yourself! I'd love to go to England or Scotland. Just so I could visit some castles, and maybe buy myself a real Sword!

Entaris

posted 06-29-2003 09:01 AM    
i want a kilt, but my friend say's they are hella expensive, and the more colors you have the more expensive it is... Like, we think kilt and we think plad right? welp, thats only for the rich people... It turns out most peoples kilts were solid colors, maybe 2 if it was a semi wealthy family....

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-29-2003 10:16 AM    
That's interesting. Cause every movie ever made in Hollywood has plaid kilts. Look at Braveheart, Highlander, and a few lesser films.

I didn't know that they were supposed to be plaid.

BTW, What would you wear under your kilt??? Would you go as a true Scotsman?

Entaris

posted 06-29-2003 05:08 PM    
i donno, i just want a kilt...

And ya, in movies there always plad, cause hollywood sux :P

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-29-2003 07:37 PM    
You still haven't answered the question. Would you wear your kilt loke a true Scotsman?

I know I would!

LumbiaSith

posted 07-04-2003 05:31 AM    
Anakin ask for the link, and were getting off topic. This is the Star Wars forum guys, not the kilt forum. Just suggesting we get back on topic, because I'm still confused how you got this idea that it was what you think it is.

I mean, it is pretty convinient that a game is coming out by the same name. So I feel it shouldn't be taken seriously until I get some evidence that it is true, because it's highly unlikely. They would have made a much more public statement about this and it is likely I would have known.

But anyway, proceed in giving the link if you can.

Dash Kelderon

posted 07-04-2003 08:18 AM    
LOL... Look who is playing MOD again.
GRAYSITH!!! Lumbia is trying to be a MOD again!!! Make him stop!

Sorry Lumbia... I had to say that!

But it is true... We should be talking about the name of E3. Sorry about the OFF TOPICNESS.

I think the name should be dark and sinister sounding. Like "Shaddows of the Force" or "Path to Darkenss" What do you guys think of those names?

Graysith

posted 07-04-2003 09:19 AM    
An Empire Divided, is really a most illogical name for this movie; think about it. This is where Anakin becomes Vader. Where Palpatine rises to power. Where the Empire begins. No divisions. It's creation!!!

Rise of the Empire would be more appropriate. I'm sure the Empire Divided is the name of a game.

And welcome back, Anakin. And Dash -- you can buy real swords and kilts right here without having to go all the way to Scotland. The real McCoys are very expensive; there are places you can get wonderful museum quality replicas.

Check out http://www.museumreplicas.com

[ 07-04-2003 09:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Dash Kelderon

posted 07-04-2003 09:51 AM    
But I actually want to help a Blacksmith make one!!! And learn for myself.

Not that I'l be making Swords for a living. But I love trying to expand my horizons with cool $hit like that!

Mara1Jade

posted 07-05-2003 08:37 PM    
I don't see anything about that being the title for Episode III anywhere on the www.starwars.com. And it's way too early for that, IMHO.

O-B-1 Kenobi

posted 07-05-2003 09:52 PM    
Someone should sue the newspapers here. Firstly Xam, the reports are unconfirmed. Don't go spreading un-true rumours. Next, 2 different newspapers have 2 different names for Ep3.

The Straits Times said Ep3 is "An Empire Divided". The "Computer Times" (I choose to trust this one) said Ep3 is "A Galaxy Divided". Confusing ya?

Dash Kelderon

posted 07-20-2003 07:32 PM    
I don't know... The names of the first 2 just didn't hit home the way A NEW HOPE, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and RETURN OF THE JEDI did. I hope E3's name hits home!

Selah

posted 11-28-2003 07:27 PM    
*votes for Entaris's title: Shadow of a Jedi* There's got to be something, ANYthing better than "An Empire Divided" for cryin' oot lood! ; ) Of course, Attack of the Clones was pretty wretched, too. I say, GL should throw out a bunch of ideas to the masses and let us all have our fun and vote. We couldn't do any worse than AotC.

Mara1Jade

posted 11-28-2003 07:32 PM    
Nice to see you suddenly back after so long an absence, Selah. And I vote for Rise of the Empire.

Za'in Almar

posted 11-29-2003 05:54 AM    
Yah, like ol' Lucas is going to do something involving voting of the fans. Have you ever seen anyone else do it? Exactly...

Mara1Jade

posted 11-29-2003 09:17 AM    
Uhhhh... excuse me? I'm merely stating that I think Rise of the Empire is a plausible title for the next film. Did I ever say that Lucas cares what I think? No.

Orlok

posted 12-05-2003 04:40 PM    
I thought it was, Revenge of the Sith.

Za'in Almar

posted 12-06-2003 02:49 PM    
quote:
Originally posted by Selah:[QB]<font color="Purple">*votes for Entaris's title: Shadow of a Jedi* There's got to be something, ANYthing better than "An Empire Divided" for cryin' oot lood! ; ) Of course, Attack of the Clones was pretty wretched, too. I say, GL should throw out a bunch of ideas to the masses and let us all have our fun and vote. We couldn't do any worse than AotC.</font>[/QB]

Mara, I was talkin' about this post.