my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Palpatine=Sidious=Sifo-Dyas?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Palpatine=Sidious=Sifo-Dyas?
MindMaster

Member # 474

posted 06-13-2003 10:26 PM     Profile for MindMaster   Author's Homepage   Email MindMaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, we all know that Palpatine is Sidious. That's very obvious. But, I am of the opinion that Plapatine was also formerly Master Sifo-Dyas, an old Jedi Council member. If you don't remember, he was mentioned it Ep. 2 that Sifo-Dyas was the one who put in the order for the clone army, 3 years before Ep. 1. He "died" shortly thereafter, and Sidious surfaces at Naboo. He could have always been portraying as Palpatine, and maybe gotten a facial change or something. This would explain a lot to me, like how Palpatine was so wise in the Force, and how he seemed to know about the clones beforehand. What do you guys think? Am I just crazy, or has somebody else thought this?

--------------------

I am the MindMaster. None can resist my control.

Posts: 29 | From: A secret place | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 4.72.94.132
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-13-2003 10:28 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One word! CLONES!

I think he created a clone before hand, or he took control of someone's body with the work of the Sith magick. He could have taken control of Safo Dyas during the reign and use him for his own work.

That's one idea there...

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 06-14-2003 01:10 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Palpatine just used the name of a dead Jedi(Sifo-Dyas) to convince the Kaminoians that It was the Jedi who ordered the creation of the clone army.

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-14-2003 01:14 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That just doesn't sound right. It just sounds more indepth and more Lucas if it was a bit complicated, lol.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-14-2003 01:25 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well.....maybe.....who knows

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-14-2003 01:27 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well just have to see in what, 2 more years.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-15-2003 06:51 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't really think there is any connection.

If Palpatine was Sypho-Dyas, then Yoda would recognize his "Force-presence" You can change your looks all you want, but your "Force-Presence" will always give you away!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-15-2003 08:37 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Sith have the ability to hide their force presence. Proof? Here it is.

In the book Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter(I think) Sidious and Darth Maul take a tour of the Jedi temple. They walk by many renowned Jedi Masters without them noticing that there are sith in the Temple.

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-15-2003 08:51 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, yes, they cant change there force signature, but they can hide the force within them...

Palpatine manages to NOT be detected, but yoda still feels somethign bad about him, obvious by the looks he gives him.

you gotta remember, the force is a living thing, and the medechloranes(however its spelled) are "lifeforms" living in the blood, that focuse that force.

You cant very easily change what those things do, unless you geneticly splice yourself, or alter your DNA code, which could easily remove the force from you...

So you see... This all means nothing...what was the questioN?

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.78
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-15-2003 09:16 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it is a possibility that he just mind controlled someone in the Jedi Order to do it, or used his name.

I think the best bet is mind control, because that would imply afterwards he had no usage for him and he killed 'em. This may be why he was killed 10 years back.

A nice touch aye?

[ 06-15-2003 09:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-16-2003 12:24 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BUT. Sifo-Dyas was a (keyword)Jedi MASTER. How can a Jedi Master get so easily mind controlled?

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-16-2003 04:19 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What haz this turned into a DragonBall Z discussion. Jedi can't hide thier "Power levels" Like the Z fighters. Like Entaris said... You can change your looks all you want, but the Medichlorians don't change!

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-16-2003 12:48 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First of all Palpatine isn't your every day guy, he can easily mind control, or implace darkness in numerous. First of all he managed to bring Count Dooku, a once great Jedi Master to his side and his ways.

Also, Sith Magick is nearly as powerful if not more powerful than that of the Force.

Palpatine by just his significants in the series is stronger than Count Dooku, who was probably stronger than Sifo Dyas.

So yes, it is quiet possible that he could do so. He had years of studying in the Sith ways as well as in the Force, which is shown in his ability in Return of the Jedi when fighting Luke Skywalker. No normal person just can unleash lightning. Darth Maul didn't manage to, only Count Dooku has. Who leveled up with Yoda, or a bit lower in knowledge of the Force.

So I must say again, yes it is quit possible that Sifo Dyas was controlled. Jedi Master are strong, but Palpatine is stronger. Probably only one is equal to him and that is Yoda.

Not even Luke was, and he was pictured as the great savior in the Jedi in the Return of the Jedi.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-16-2003 07:46 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok
a)Dash I don't watch Dragonballz
b)Lunbia, Dooku joined Sidious willingly.
c)Darth Maul was only a Sith apprentice while Palpatine is a Sith Lord.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-16-2003 07:54 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still doesn't matter, if Palpatine can use the dark side to the extent that it could cloud the mind of Yoda, he can mind control that of Sifo Dyas.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-16-2003 07:57 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You have a point there......

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 12:41 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wonder though if Lucas will inform the viewers of the Sifo Dyas situation in the movie.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-17-2003 12:43 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Most probably not...

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-17-2003 04:56 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How come you don't watch DragonBall Z???

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-17-2003 07:00 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I don't know how it is like there in the USA. But here in Singapore, Dragonball Z is in Chinese(and even though I am chinese by race i don't speak the language).

Also most other anime shows are either in chinese or dubbed by Japanese people trying to speak english(this you can tell when the opening and ending themes are the Japanese ones). The only proper FULL ENGLISH one is Pokemon. (poor me)

--------------------

Grand_Moff_Tarkin

Broken Back Button

Member # 595

posted 02-03-2005 10:32 PM     Profile for Grand_Moff_Tarkin   Author's Homepage   Email Grand_Moff_Tarkin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
According to Pablo Hidalgo on theforce.net "chancellor palpatine was not once sifo-dyos."
this can be read at http://www.theforce.net/episode3/jtf/palpatine.asp

Posts: 2 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 4.228.15.226
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-07-2005 09:15 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So because ONE person writes thus, does that make it irrefutable fact?

Could be just his opinion, you know.

Think beyond the box!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 65.103.180.175
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 02-07-2005 10:18 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Outside of the box, eh? Perhaps Chancellor Palpatine was once Osama Bin Laden...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 02-08-2005 08:48 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*chuckles* Interesting theories Mara has.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05