The Holonet Boards   » Episode 2 & 3   » Palpatine=Sidious=Sifo-Dyas?

MindMaster

posted 06-13-2003 10:26 PM    
OK, we all know that Palpatine is Sidious. That's very obvious. But, I am of the opinion that Plapatine was also formerly Master Sifo-Dyas, an old Jedi Council member. If you don't remember, he was mentioned it Ep. 2 that Sifo-Dyas was the one who put in the order for the clone army, 3 years before Ep. 1. He "died" shortly thereafter, and Sidious surfaces at Naboo. He could have always been portraying as Palpatine, and maybe gotten a facial change or something. This would explain a lot to me, like how Palpatine was so wise in the Force, and how he seemed to know about the clones beforehand. What do you guys think? Am I just crazy, or has somebody else thought this?

LumbiaSith

posted 06-13-2003 10:28 PM    
One word! CLONES!

I think he created a clone before hand, or he took control of someone's body with the work of the Sith magick. He could have taken control of Safo Dyas during the reign and use him for his own work.

That's one idea there...

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-14-2003 01:10 AM    
I think Palpatine just used the name of a dead Jedi(Sifo-Dyas) to convince the Kaminoians that It was the Jedi who ordered the creation of the clone army.

LumbiaSith

posted 06-14-2003 01:14 AM    
That just doesn't sound right. It just sounds more indepth and more Lucas if it was a bit complicated, lol.

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-14-2003 01:25 AM    
Well.....maybe.....who knows

LumbiaSith

posted 06-14-2003 01:27 AM    
Well just have to see in what, 2 more years.

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-15-2003 06:51 PM    
I don't really think there is any connection.

If Palpatine was Sypho-Dyas, then Yoda would recognize his "Force-presence" You can change your looks all you want, but your "Force-Presence" will always give you away!

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-15-2003 08:37 PM    
The Sith have the ability to hide their force presence. Proof? Here it is.

In the book Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter(I think) Sidious and Darth Maul take a tour of the Jedi temple. They walk by many renowned Jedi Masters without them noticing that there are sith in the Temple.

Entaris

posted 06-15-2003 08:51 PM    
Ah, yes, they cant change there force signature, but they can hide the force within them...

Palpatine manages to NOT be detected, but yoda still feels somethign bad about him, obvious by the looks he gives him.

you gotta remember, the force is a living thing, and the medechloranes(however its spelled) are "lifeforms" living in the blood, that focuse that force.

You cant very easily change what those things do, unless you geneticly splice yourself, or alter your DNA code, which could easily remove the force from you...

So you see... This all means nothing...what was the questioN?

LumbiaSith

posted 06-15-2003 09:16 PM    
I think it is a possibility that he just mind controlled someone in the Jedi Order to do it, or used his name.

I think the best bet is mind control, because that would imply afterwards he had no usage for him and he killed 'em. This may be why he was killed 10 years back.

A nice touch aye?

[ 06-15-2003 09:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-16-2003 12:24 AM    
BUT. Sifo-Dyas was a (keyword)Jedi MASTER. How can a Jedi Master get so easily mind controlled?

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-16-2003 04:19 AM    
What haz this turned into a DragonBall Z discussion. Jedi can't hide thier "Power levels" Like the Z fighters. Like Entaris said... You can change your looks all you want, but the Medichlorians don't change!

LumbiaSith

posted 06-16-2003 12:48 PM    
First of all Palpatine isn't your every day guy, he can easily mind control, or implace darkness in numerous. First of all he managed to bring Count Dooku, a once great Jedi Master to his side and his ways.

Also, Sith Magick is nearly as powerful if not more powerful than that of the Force.

Palpatine by just his significants in the series is stronger than Count Dooku, who was probably stronger than Sifo Dyas.

So yes, it is quiet possible that he could do so. He had years of studying in the Sith ways as well as in the Force, which is shown in his ability in Return of the Jedi when fighting Luke Skywalker. No normal person just can unleash lightning. Darth Maul didn't manage to, only Count Dooku has. Who leveled up with Yoda, or a bit lower in knowledge of the Force.

So I must say again, yes it is quit possible that Sifo Dyas was controlled. Jedi Master are strong, but Palpatine is stronger. Probably only one is equal to him and that is Yoda.

Not even Luke was, and he was pictured as the great savior in the Jedi in the Return of the Jedi.

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-16-2003 07:46 PM    
Ok
a)Dash I don't watch Dragonballz
b)Lunbia, Dooku joined Sidious willingly.
c)Darth Maul was only a Sith apprentice while Palpatine is a Sith Lord.

LumbiaSith

posted 06-16-2003 07:54 PM    
Still doesn't matter, if Palpatine can use the dark side to the extent that it could cloud the mind of Yoda, he can mind control that of Sifo Dyas.

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-16-2003 07:57 PM    
You have a point there......

LumbiaSith

posted 06-17-2003 12:41 AM    
I wonder though if Lucas will inform the viewers of the Sifo Dyas situation in the movie.

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-17-2003 12:43 AM    
Most probably not...

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-17-2003 04:56 AM    
How come you don't watch DragonBall Z???

Xam Ngboohan

posted 06-17-2003 07:00 AM    
Well I don't know how it is like there in the USA. But here in Singapore, Dragonball Z is in Chinese(and even though I am chinese by race i don't speak the language).

Also most other anime shows are either in chinese or dubbed by Japanese people trying to speak english(this you can tell when the opening and ending themes are the Japanese ones). The only proper FULL ENGLISH one is Pokemon. (poor me)

Grand_Moff_Tarkin

posted 02-03-2005 10:32 PM    
According to Pablo Hidalgo on theforce.net "chancellor palpatine was not once sifo-dyos."
this can be read at http://www.theforce.net/episode3/jtf/palpatine.asp

Graysith

posted 02-07-2005 09:15 PM    
So because ONE person writes thus, does that make it irrefutable fact?

Could be just his opinion, you know.

Think beyond the box!

Mara1Jade

posted 02-07-2005 10:18 PM    
Outside of the box, eh? Perhaps Chancellor Palpatine was once Osama Bin Laden...

Rykounagin

posted 02-08-2005 08:48 PM    
*chuckles* Interesting theories Mara has.